Ratatouille

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ariwin
Who else is looking forward to this?

I saw the theatrical trailer for Ratatouille in front of POTC, and it looks SO good...the animation is so freaking gorgeous and the rat is so cute.

I just love Pixar. I bet this is going to be so good! Anyone else excited?

xNIXSONx
im not excited

MildPossession
Saw a trailer for it months ago and have been looking forwards to it ever since, looks wonderful.

Barker
Because it's a Pixar flick, I'll go to see it.

ariwin
I think that everything about this movie looks gorgeous. And I keep seeing early screening reviews that are going on and on about how amazing the film is. I cannot wait to see this.

Can you guys believe how real the animation makes everyone look? You can see the rat's individual little hairs! I'm so impressed.

Have y'all seen the nine-minute preview they released? Gives you more of a sense of the story.

=Tired Hiker=
Some critics are saying it's the funniest pixar movie ever!

BakaXero
Pixar movies are usually great.
Compared to other 3d movies they still top the charts with their well rounded storylines. Most 3d movies these days are a bit flat...

Scythe
Pixar movies have a great reputation. So, yes.

Also, they're freakin' rats! Everything done with rats is hilarious!

Rat can-can chorus line, rat gladiators, rat nascar racing, rat catching, Splinter etc..etc..

Schecter
oddly, i got to see this movie on saturday (some kinda preview they had at a bunch of theaters) and enjoyed it. great story, great animation. very well done.

ariwin
Pixar consistently makes amazing movies - they are absolutely the best at animation, their stuff always looks so gorgeous. The thing with Pixar, too, is that they don't rest on just having beautiful animation/visuals - they always have really great stories too that are funny and touching without being sappy. I love their work.

Looking at some of the stuff from this movie, like the shots of the Paris skyline and stuff is incredible. It's so detailed!

The early reviews for this are amazing so far, it really sounds like it's a great movie. All this positive press is getting me *super* excited!

InnerRise
I'm actually not looking forward to it, especially after the disappointment which was "Cars."

I also don't like how there's no central theme as was in the others.

"Toys"
"Bugs"
"Monsters"
"Fish"
"Humans/Super Heroes"
"Cars"

And now............

What?

"Rats/Humans/Chefs"????

It's just so mixed up it seems if they're shooting for a central theme as in the others.

I'm not saying they have to stick to that formula. I guess after a while you run out of things, I don't know really know what they were going for, but in my opinion they've definitely left that "Central Theme" formula thing and have come up with this random movie.

So I'm not saying b/c of these reasons it won't be good. I'm not saying I'm not looking forward to the movie b/c of this. I was just stating beside the fact that I'm not looking forward to this movie, I also feel kind of miscombobulated b/c of the lack of central theme as in the others.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

DARKLORDCAEDUS
My nephew loved Cars. I am taking him to see this.

ariwin
Well, I actually liked Cars alot, in fact I think I've basically really liked every Pixar movie.

It doesn't seem random to me at all. I think it does have a theme - the rat wants to be a chef, he wants to follow his dream but his dream is something that's very...well, not something that's so easy to do for a rat. And there also seems to be an element of the unlikely friendship kind of theme, as well, with the relationship between the rat and the boy. Plenty going on there, IMO. The best element of Pixar movies, besides the animation, is how solid their stories are.

The early reviews it's getting are beyond glowing, so I'm assuming there is something solid story-wise there.

InnerRise
I didn't say it didn't have a theme.

I was comparing the Previous Pixar Movie CENTRAL THEMES to this movie which doesn't seem to have one as the others did. It goes in a whole other direction than the other ones did, which is why I see it as random. They're breaking the mold and just making a movie that doesn't focus on ONE MAIN THING/THEME. It doesn't stand out as the other ones did.

FistOfThe North
If it's Pixar it'll be good. I'll catch it.

Darth Vicious
I loved Toy Story movies and The Incredibles. Cars was too boring, at least for me. I thought Ratatouille was ok, didnt care much for it and seeing rats cooking was somewhat disgusting, even if they are animated. The animation was excellent though.

SnakeEyes
This movie looks like utter trash.

=Tired Hiker=
I saw this movie last week and I gotta say, I liked it. It's different from most pixar movies because it's less adventurous, except for the very beginning, and more story driven. You won't remember it for it's cool animation, but for it's story and characters. It is funny, I don't recall laughing my entire ass off at any given moment, but I did have a smile on my face for most of the time. The story itself is one that has to be told in the form of animation, otherwise this movie would be completely ridiculous and unbelievable. Pixar did a fine job. To sum it up . . . it was cute!

FistOfThe North
Yeah, just saw it. It was good. But how it ended with what happened seemed a little messed up. Meaning they lost more than they gained, to me but other than that, a fine movie it was. Especially the nostalgia scene with the critic from hell after he tasted that last meal. That's the only part that made me chuckle. I've seen better Pixar films though.

Grade: B+

Fawne
I do want to see it. you can't have pixar make a bad movie. although bugs life came close and yet was enjoyable

SnakeEyes
People need to get Pixar off their high horse and realize that they CAN and HAVE made bad movies.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
People need to get Pixar off their high horse and realize that they CAN and HAVE made bad movies.

Name one bad Pixar movie..

SnakeEyes
In my opinion:

A Bug's Life and Cars were both what I consider bad films.

Also wasn't really a fan of Toy Story 2 or Finding Nemo.

Don't get me wrong, I like Pixar a lot. But at the same time I realize that they have/can make bad movies, just like anyone else.

InnerRise
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Name one bad Pixar movie.. "Cars" wasn't that entertaining. It's the only Pixar movie that I've owned and watched only 1 time.

I'll watch again one of these days with the Commentary though.

FistOfThe North
In my opinion:

A Bug's Life and Cars were both what I consider bad films.

Also wasn't really a fan of Toy Story 2 or Finding Nemo.

Don't get me wrong, I like Pixar a lot. But at the same time I realize that they have/can make bad movies, just like anyone else.

Bad meaning....

I mean don't get me wrong, you have the right to your opinion, but explain cause, i mean, the stories were good. They were sensible, consistent and had substance. The C.G.I. was excellent, as it usually is with any Pixar film? So what do you mean "bad"?

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by InnerRise
"Cars" wasn't that entertaining. It's the only Pixar movie that I've owned and watched only 1 time.

Yet "Cars" was nominated for an Oscar. Your opinion though.

roughrider
Cars was mildly entertaining - nowhere close to bad. PIXAR has NO bad films on their resume. And Ratatouille is a masterpiece.

InnerRise
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Yet "Cars" was nominated for an Oscar. Your opinion though. Your point? Did it win? Many boring movies get nominated for Oscars.

Am I supposed to be entertained by a movie b/c it was nominated for an Oscar?

Ridiculous.

Smasandian
Going to see it tonight, but alot of major food writers and chefs have been praising this movie because its gets the chef culture. Anthony Bourdain has even touted as the best chef movie of all time.

Considering I'm one, this movie piqued my interest.

The Grey Fox
I like Ratatouille it tastes great and nice so nice

Smasandian
Loved the movie.

The totally got food and the life. Great movie.

Wasnt surpraised that Thomas Keller was the executive chef of the movie. The ending tototally reflects Keller.

maham
Originally posted by ariwin
Who else is looking forward to this?

I saw the theatrical trailer for Ratatouille in front of POTC, and it looks SO good...the animation is so freaking gorgeous and the rat is so cute.

I just love Pixar. I bet this is going to be so good! Anyone else excited?
I'm much excited abt it but I wud want to watch it.TI'll be a good edition to my above 50 cartoon films collection.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
My nephew just loved this.

Bicnarok
Ratatouille is brilliant! went and saw it yesterday.

Clever and imaginative story, humor, amazing special effects & CGI.

I suppose its a matter of taste but Its one of my favorite kids movies so far.

Darkhalen
Good Film another Pixar masterpiece

SnakeEyes
Unfortunately, I watched this at a friend's house the other night.

Terrible, terrible film.

panic469
all and all, i was dissipointed with the movie... i even fell asleep in the movie theature

Zac-E
I loved it, it was brilliant.

Rajendra
Ratatouille is great! I couldn't imagine that a rat has that characteristic.

christnabarrett
Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
My nephew loved Cars. I am taking him to see this. Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
My nephew just loved this. NTM we had a best interaction here b4, and thanks for that.

That like totally inspired me. I e-mailed my cronies (friends & fam wink ) :

Subject: Realized Something

I was participating in online movie forums and someone brought up he was taking his nephew to see Ratatouille because he liked Cars, and I was thinking little kids are treated okay, but not us. We feel like there is no point in life because for us there isn't. It's not smug, if you want to handle 'the truth' and not complain @ ur stupid s***.

Really, if you are insulted, you ought to know about North Florida, because it wasn't.. But if that did blow for you, it's complicated. It's the sorrow of the world. It's not against anyone, just the h*** of life, who knows why it happened. People claim it actually does not in the end, though it hurts just as bad and worse. And if it mattered some of those ppl also are innocent, so it really blows something hard.

I found the show dorky and boring because I don't think now is the time for a 21 year old to say why don't you be a cook like that. Otherwise, I thought it was totally gangsta. It made me think of the books I read about restaurants in kids' stories, like Stay!: Keeper's Story (March 1999) http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9780440415244&itm=20

Originally posted by ariwin
I think that everything about this movie looks gorgeous. And I keep seeing early screening reviews that are going on and on about how amazing the film is. I cannot wait to see this.

Can you guys believe how real the animation makes everyone look? You can see the rat's individual little hairs! I'm so impressed.

Have y'all seen the nine-minute preview they released? Gives you more of a sense of the story. Now, that's awesome.

Kazenji

But with you, you 'almost' consider all of their films bad.

VioletEyesPop08
http://www.myspace.com/atworldsend lists it as #1 friend.

coolmovies
I saw this last night and i loved it

likhary
HI Can you guys believe how real the animation makes everyone look? You can see the rat's individual little hairs! I'm so impressed.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Kazenji
But with you, you 'almost' consider all of their films bad.

I don't even know what you're getting at, but I guarantee that you're wrong.

K.Diddy
beer I enjoyed this movie,Looked fantastic and all the characters in this movie were great

En Sabah Nur X
I enjoyed it too.

The message i got was that trends may come and go without direction yet they can repeat independent of action.

Most people of one era may not get it, going back to times past which may rightfully be viewed as equivalent, better or worse. Yet despite absense of audience and people circling around the stage virtual idols do take shape.

Now most individuals in one location may or may not like what they see depending on preferences. VAryinng techniques yield novel results. It is said that single parent speaking gibberish can teach an idiot a new idea despite the idiot possessing everything and nothing, due to advanced public domain legislation.

proventilat
With dreams of becoming a chef, a culinary genius in the form of a rat, makes an unusual alliance with a young kitchen worker at a famed restaurant.

buylinked
Remy is an idealistic and ambitious young rat gifted with highly developed senses of taste and smell. Inspired by his idol, the recently-deceased chef Auguste Gusteau, Remy dreams of becoming a cook himself. When his clan is forced to abandon its home, Remy is separated from them and ends up in the sewers of Paris. He hallucinates the spirit of Gusteau and takes his advice to look around outside, eventually finding himself at a skylight overlooking the kitchen of Gusteau's restaurant.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.