Sasquatch Vs Rhino

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Emperor Ashtar
Fight takes place in a forest

Symmetric Chaos
Sasquatach. Easily.

He smarter and far stronger.

shksprtx
Sasquatch uproots a tree and clubs Rhino to death with it.

jasonk3
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Sasquatach. Easily.

He smarter and far stronger.

guy222
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Fight takes place in a forest

Walter

His Airness
Sasquatch easily. Stronger, faster, smarter, etc.

guy222
bumprav

Starscream M
Rhino gets a shiny new fur coat.

TrollDog
Originally posted by Starscream M
Rhino gets a shiny new fur coat. Oh really?

-K-M-
Hell Misty Knight just embarassed Rhino recently erm

Starscream M
Originally posted by TrollDog
Oh really? yep...sas can't really hurt Rhino at all...his claws can't get through rhino's hide nor will his blows do much damage

Rhino, on the other hand can beat sas to a bloody pulp (assuming sas doesnt turn to tanaraq)

jinzin
yep...sas can't really hurt Rhino at all...his claws can't get through rhino's hide nor will his blows do much damage

Rhino, on the other hand can beat sas to a bloody pulp (assuming sas doesnt turn to tanaraq)

no expression

jawdrop

erm

smile

laughing

hysterical

TrollDog
yep...sas can't really hurt Rhino at all...his claws can't get through rhino's hide nor will his blows do much damage

Rhino, on the other hand can beat sas to a bloody pulp (assuming sas doesnt turn to tanaraq) Wrong. thumb down

Starscream M
you guys, Rhino loses because of PIS...P-I-S.

His powerset overwhelms Sas, simple as that.

-K-M-
Haha oh my lord

TrollDog
you guys, Rhino loses because of PIS...P-I-S.

His powerset overwhelms Sas, simple as that. Nope.
You fail again.thumb down

Starscream M
I love the arguments you guys use...Sas beats Rhino because he just does!

never mind that Rhino is stronger (base level), more durable (impenetrable hide), and more deadly (horn)

-K-M-
Rhino is stronger base level? You sir are on crack

Here Sas throws a 250 ton DC-10 1000 feet in reverse, crashing into a building even while the engines were still. The engines were stated to produce 150,000 pounds of thrust.

1. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/Sasplane1.jpg
2. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/UncannyX-Men120b.jpg
3. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/ClassicX-Men26-12.jpg

Rhino has an impenetrable hide? What?...no he doesn't, he has had his suit ripped open many times

Starscream M
Originally posted by -K-M-
Rhino is stronger base level? You sir are on crack

Here Sas throws a 250 ton DC-10 1000 feet in reverse, crashing into a building even while the engines were still. The engines were stated to produce 150,000 pounds of thrust.

1. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/Sasplane1.jpg
2. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/UncannyX-Men120b.jpg
3. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/ClassicX-Men26-12.jpg

Rhino has an impenetrable hide? What?...no he doesn't, he has had his suit ripped open many times

Rhino has knocked back Silver Surfer...that's more impressive strength than throwing a DC-10

also his hide would be impenetrable for all purposes against Sasquatch

-K-M-
Rhino has knocked back Silver Surfer...that's more impressive strength than throwing a DC-10

also his hide would be impenetrable for all purposes against Sasquatch

a brick has knocked back Silver Surfer, just because you knock someone back doesn't mean much

Prove it to me, as Spider-Man has ripped his suit before erm

Starscream M
a brick has knocked back Silver Surfer, just because you knock someone back doesn't mean much

Prove it to me, as Spider-Man has ripped his suit before erm I'm pretty sure Rhino is listed at a higher strength level than sas in marvel's directory

hahaha spiderman ripped rhino's suit?! that would be garbage PIS. rhino's suits survived bullets and explosions, so no way parker can rip it

-K-M-
I'm pretty sure Rhino is listed at a higher strength level than sas in marvel's directory

hahaha spiderman ripped rhino's suit?! that would be garbage PIS. rhino's suits survived bullets and explosions, so no way parker can rip it

Marvel diretory is a fansite.

ZOMG, so has Sasquatch and yes he has...several times. So show me why Rhino outclasses Sas, what do you think he has done that makes you think that

Starscream M
Marvel diretory is a fansite.

ZOMG, so has Sasquatch and yes he has...several times. So show me why Rhino outclasses Sas, what do you think he has done that makes you think that rhino's beaten the hulk when he isn't written as a retard...that alone puts him above sas

-K-M-
rhino's beaten the hulk when he isn't written as a retard...that alone puts him above sas

....you mean when the Leader took over his mind and was control of his body? Context much?

Starscream M
....you mean when the Leader took over his mind and was control of his body? Context much? mindcontrol doesn't change Rhino's powerset...which is superior to Sas's

-K-M-
mindcontrol doesn't change Rhino's powerset...which is superior to Sas's

I take it you didn't read the story now did you? Also did you see how Rhino/Leader beat Hulk?

Starscream M
I take it you didn't read the story now did you? Also did you see how Rhino/Leader beat Hulk? that's irrelevant whether I read it or not, it does not change the fact that it happend, so stop shifting topics.

-K-M-
that's irrelevant whether I read it or not, it does not change the fact that it happend, so stop shifting topics.

........How did Leader/Rhino beat Hulk? Do you know how? As this is pretty key

Starscream M
........How did Leader/Rhino beat Hulk? Do you know how? As this is pretty key it doesn't really matter how he won, because fact of the matter is Hulk couldn't put him down

so no way Hulk-lite (aka Sas) could put Rhino down when he doesn't suffer from writer induced down syndrome

-K-M-
Actually it does, as he didn't physically beat him with punches erm

Like I said...context, and please read the story before you comment you just make yourself look silly

Starscream M
Actually it does, as he didn't physically beat him with punches erm

Like I said...context, and please read the story before you comment you just make yourself look silly I was using the hulk encounter to show that Sas can't really hurt Rhino...so it was irrelevant how rhino won

-K-M-
I was using the hulk encounter to show that Sas can't really hurt Rhino...so it was irrelevant how rhino won

Are you kidding me? That is horrible logic, as Sasquatch has hurt Hulk and people far superior to Rhino erm

Rhino/Leader didn't even beat him with his fists erm

Starscream M
didn't Sas get owned by a much weaker opponent in sabretooth?

-K-M-
didn't Sas get owned by a much weaker opponent in sabretooth?

Wow context again, Sasquatch had Sabretooth beat as Sabretooth was on the ground, but Walter fell into a trap which was meant for Wendigo and he got impaled by spikes. Sabretooth didn't physically beat him

Stop making comments about stories you have not read erm

Tretas
I was using the hulk encounter to show that Sas can't really hurt Rhino...so it was irrelevant how rhino won

Sasquatch would simply plunge his claws trough the uncovered face of Rhyno. rip

Starscream M
Wow context again, Sasquatch had Sabretooth beat as Sabretooth was on the ground, but Walter fell into a trap which was meant for Wendigo and he got impaled by spikes. Sabretooth didn't physically beat him

Stop making comments about stories you have not read erm hahaha stop making excuses

Sas losing due partially to environmental factors is still a loss

-K-M-
hahaha stop making excuses

Sas losing due partially to environmental factors is still a loss

Soooo...context is excuses? Basically you referenced two events which you took out of context and never read. Your a joke erm

What? Environmental factors? Oh my lord please read the issue

Mr. Slippyfist
Filarious

snoopdogg
Sasquatch wins. Mostly due to Rhino being a dumb@ss as opposed to any physical differences.

TrollDog
Hell Misty Knight just embarassed Rhino recently erm Ill do you one better. Getting beat by a 6in deadpool.

snoopdogg
Spider-Man beat him up in a physical battle recently also. But I'm will to write that off as jobbing.

Mr. Slippyfist
Name a Marvel character.

He's probably owned Rhino.

Hell, from Thanos to Punisher have owned Rhino.

TrollDog
Stilits-man?

cmack
rhino doesn't win, sasquatch 10/10

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by TrollDog
Stilits-man? Is that a cheap other company rip-off of Stilt-Man?

Because I don't think he's owned Rhino.

psycho gundam
sasquatch grabs the horn mid charge(cause walter is an uber football player) and whips rhino into a mountain, rhino's guts squirt out of his face like a pizza pop in the microwave.

then walter goes back to banging narya, with a cigar in his mouth smokin'

Premutos
Sasquatch ---> Class 70
Rhino ---> Class 85

Rhino wins, end of story.

"Oh but Rhino is a jobber and Marvel makes fun of him all the time!". Yeah, I know. F*ck jobbing and f*ck Marvel, as far as I know this board has a different set of rules.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Premutos
Sasquatch ---> Class 70
Rhino ---> Class 85

Rhino wins, end of story. Not only is that completely wrong... but it's also a horrible way to decide who wins in a fight.

snoopdogg
Sasquatch ---> Class 70
Rhino ---> Class 85

Rhino wins, end of story.

"Oh but Rhino is a jobber and Marvel makes fun of him all the time!". Yeah, I know. F*ck jobbing and f*ck Marvel, as far as I know this board has a different set of rules. Rhino is Class 80 iirc.

Symmetric Chaos
Sasquatch ---> Class 70
Rhino ---> Class 85

And yet actual comics show us that isn't true.

Premutos
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Not only is that completely wrong... but it's also a horrible way to decide who wins in a fight.

Ok, so let's decide who wins in a fight the way they do in comic books then:

- Good guy trunces bad guy

- Most popular character trunces least popular character

- The character the writer is a fanboy of trunces the character the writer is not a fanboy of

And so on, 80-90 percent of the time. laughing

Mr. Slippyfist
Ok, so let's decide who wins in a fight the way they do in comic books then:

- Good guy trunces bad guy

- Most popular character trunces least popular character

- The character the writer is a fanboy of trunces the character the writer is not a fanboy of

And so on, 80-90 percent of the time. laughing Penile support tube?

Is that why Black Bolt has a winning record against the Hulk?

Premutos
Penile support tube?

Is that why Black Bolt has a winning record against the Hulk?

No, that's why Hulk beated (Skrull) Black Bolt, Dr. Strange and Sentry in WWH. It has to do with the rule about writers' fanboyism.

Wanna see more examples? How 'bout Norman Osborn beating Mr. Hyde and Whirlwind in the latest Thunderbolts one-shot? Or Catwoman beating Cheetah? Or Joker punking Psimon in Salvation Run? There are MILLIONS of examples, dude.

snoopdogg
Was that Black Bolt Hulk beat a Skrull?

TrollDog
I smell a gym sock.

Mr. Slippyfist
No, that's why Hulk beated (Skrull) Black Bolt, Dr. Strange and Sentry in WWH. It has to do with the rule about writers' fanboyism.

Wanna see more examples? How 'bout Norman Osborn beating Mr. Hyde and Whirlwind in the latest Thunderbolts one-shot? Or Catwoman beating Cheetah? Or Joker punking Psimon in Salvation Run? There are MILLIONS of examples, dude. And what about the other three times? When BB was a relatively unknown character punking one of the most popular characters in Marvel... almost easily.
Nevermind the fact that the writer had to make the character more powerful to achieve said results.

After getting his ass kicked, and using weapons?
I don't even remember what happened there, so you have one.
When P wasn't fighting back, and Joker started off with a cheapshot?

Millions of examples, yet you used four. One holds true.

Either way, your previous statement forgot to include fight skills, speed, durability, intelligence. Which is why it was faulty. As you only based it on one aspect.

And also, Sas is stronger than Rhino, has better feats, better showings, and almost everything you can think of, he's better at, except losing.

Premutos
And what about the other three times? When BB was a relatively unknown character punking one of the most popular characters in Marvel... almost easily.
Nevermind the fact that the writer had to make the character more powerful to achieve said results.

It falls within the 10-20 percent range but since they were still building up BB's character it's understandable.

After getting his ass kicked, and using weapons?
I don't even remember what happened there, so you have one.
When P wasn't fighting back, and Joker started off with a cheapshot?

Getting his ass kicked? He should have been MURDERIZED by Whirlwind's super-speed before he ever had the chance to use any weapons.
Any idea why a planet-buster like Psimon sees the Joker coming to him with a stone in his hand and doesn't obliterate him on the spot?

Either way, your previous statement forgot to include fight skills, speed, durability, intelligence. Which is why it was faulty. As you only based it on one aspect.

So true, we're talking Rhino here so the power level aspect is completely irrelevant. So yeah, Rhino loses cause somehow an 6in Deadpool beats him up off panel HA HA roll eyes (sarcastic)

Barbarian Shams
Sassy has stood up to Hulk and even the monstrous Wendigo. Wendigo would tear Rhino apart with little trouble, even easier than either Sasquatch or bloodlusted Hulk against Rhino boy. I'm pretty sure this match has been made before. Sasquatch wins 10/10.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Ruin
Sasquatch easily. Stronger, faster, smarter, etc.

DigiMark007
Just as a general tip: handbooks are generally very out of date, not even written by comic writers, usually have misleading or even false limits for characters, and are sometimes fan voted (depends on which one you use).

Comic books are the most realiable and true way to gauge a character. Their actual appearances and feats.

Anyway, Parker has hurt Rhino plenty of times. It's far from impossible. "Impenetrable" is just a word unless it is actually shown to be as such...he's had it ripped off before and has been knocked out in various manners as well.

Mr. Slippyfist
It falls within the 10-20 percent range but since they were still building up BB's character it's understandable. So, unless I name every fight in comics, you're just going to write it off as 10-20%?

What about when Rhino beat Spider-Man? What about when Fist stalemated Spider-Man? What about when Black Racer one shotted Superman? Etc.

This is pointless. And you've haven't read a lot of comics if you believe this to be true.

Getting his ass kicked? He should have been MURDERIZED by Whirlwind's super-speed before he ever had the chance to use any weapons.
Any idea why a planet-buster like Psimon sees the Joker coming to him with a stone in his hand and doesn't obliterate him on the spot? Whirlwind? Heh?
Norman is still a Spider-Man level being, and in such close quarters...

Because he didn't know what Joker was doing until it was too late.

So true, we're talking Rhino here so the power level aspect is completely irrelevant. So yeah, Rhino loses cause somehow an 6in Deadpool beats him up off panel HA HA roll eyes (sarcastic) Power aspect? Sassy still kicks his ass even going on powerset.
So...

Premutos
Originally posted by DigiMark007

Comic books are the most realiable and true way to gauge a character. Their actual appearances and feats.

Man, in comic books:

- Black Panther puts an arm-lock on the Silver Surfer
- Spiderman punks Firelord
- Batman beats up Solomon Grundy in H2H combat
- Hulk kicks the crap outta Sentry and Dr. Strange
- Luke Cage pwz the Wrecker
- Catwoman shows Cheetah who's boss
- Jason Todd utterly destroys Superwoman

Etc, etc, etc. Comic book consistency when it comes to power levels is ZERO.

Anyway, Parker has hurt Rhino plenty of times. It's far from impossible. "Impenetrable" is just a word unless it is actually shown to be as such...he's had it ripped off before and has been knocked out in various manners as well.

See? Just another example of what I'm saying. BTW, Rhino's hide has been upgraded ever since.

Premutos

So, unless I name every fight in comics, you're just going to write it off as 10-20%?

What about when Rhino beat Spider-Man?

Sorry, but I'm gonna do it AGAIN:

Spidey ---> Class 25
Rhino ---> Class 85

The weird thing is that Rhino doesn't beat Spidey ALL THE TIME, don't you think?

What about when Luke Cage smashed Goblin?

WOW, really? Are you telling me that a HERO (and not only a hero but Bendis' favorite character too) defeated a VILLAIN? In a comic book? Just WOW! laughing

DigiMark007
Man, in comic books:

- Black Panther puts an arm-lock on the Silver Surfer
- Spiderman punks Firelord
- Batman beats up Solomon Grundy in H2H combat
- Hulk kicks the crap outta Sentry and Dr. Strange
- Luke Cage pwz the Wrecker
- Catwoman shows Cheetah who's boss
- Jason Todd utterly destroys Superwoman

Etc, etc, etc. Comic book consistency when it comes to power levels is ZERO

Heh. Well first, most of those are explainable. FL was holding back, and stated as much. Batman is more skilled than Grundy, and there's multiple incarnations of Grundy...most of which have been shown to be vulnerable to various attacks. Strange might be a Skrull, and he didn't "kick the crap" out of Sentry...it was a long fight. Wrecker has been slowly depowered for years. He hasn't been too far beyond Luke for decades. Armbar...admittedly crap. Unfamiliar with the other two.

Anyway, more importantly, you're kinda making my point. Just because you can name a few instances of PIS, we should throw out all feats and just defer to handbooks?! I could name hundreds of feats from any well-established character that all show a relatively consistent power level. It is possible to establish rough gauges of power levels, despite occasional really bad or really good showings. And that's where the fun of debates come in...because people can interpret characters and feats in multiple different ways, and debate over the varying merits of different showings.

So let's say Rhino is a class 85 and Sas is 80 in the handbook. Does Rhino win? Now let's say in the next iteration of the handbook, Sas becomes a 90 (changes like this happen all the time). Does he win now? But the point is that Sasquatch has consistently had better in-comic showings than Rhino, and therefore should be considered the favorite regardless of what a handbook says.

But it comes down to this: If you want absolute consistency, you're in the wrong hobby.

Spidey ---> Class 25
Rhino ---> Class 85

The weird thing is that Rhino doesn't beat Spidey ALL THE TIME, don't you think?

Strength isn't the only aspect of power. If I'm fighting a world class weight-lifter but he can never touch me, I'll win.

Mr. Slippyfist
Sorry, but I'm gonna do it AGAIN:

Spidey ---> Class 25
Rhino ---> Class 85

The weird thing is that Rhino doesn't beat Spidey ALL THE TIME, don't you think? And strength decides almost nothing in Spidey fights... unless Spidey was a brawler.

But he won once, and that goes against everything that you said.

WOW, really? Are you telling me that a HERO (and not only a hero but Bendis' favorite character too) defeated a VILLAIN? In a comic book? Just WOW! laughing Edited as I already knew what you were going to say.

In a comic book? NO WAY!

Premutos

What about when Black Racer one shotted Superman? Etc.

Wasn't that Dr. Light?

This is pointless. And you've never read comics if you believe this to be truth.

I've been reading comics only for 20 years, how 'bout you?

Whirlwind? Heh?
Norman is still a Spider-Man level being, and in such close quarters...

So? A non-jobbing Whirlwind would murderize Spider-Man too.

Because he didn't know what Joker was doing until it was too late.

Yep, that must be why he was begging the Joker to stop. That, or that he was blind. Say, have you actually read the comic or not?

Starscream M
Just as a general tip: handbooks are generally very out of date, not even written by comic writers, usually have misleading or even false limits for characters, and are sometimes fan voted (depends on which one you use).

Anyway, Parker has hurt Rhino plenty of times. It's far from impossible. "Impenetrable" is just a word unless it is actually shown to be as such...he's had it ripped off before and has been knocked out in various manners as well. in regards to handbooks vs panel

I think handbooks are a good implication of what the characters were intended by their creators

then you have comics to flesh out those characters...however, comics are very vulnerable to inept writers who are not knowledgeable or just don't care about a character's powersets (I would say about 20% of any comic character history suffers from poor writers). so you have writers doing something with a character just for the storyline...ie if the hero needs to survive, he manages to punk someone who is classes above him, or if he should fail, then the hero literally forgets all his basic powersets and fights like an idiot. Thing is writers main goal is to advance plots, not to write a consistent character necessarily. that's why I think panel and handbooks should both be used, with handbooks serving as kind of a guidance in respect to which feats we should accept and which we shouldn't.

Starscream M

I've been reading comics only for 20 years, how 'bout you?

I think you're completely on point. I'm surprised you've only got 30 posts since you became a member.

Symmetric Chaos
in regards to handbooks vs panel

I think handbooks are a good implication of what the characters were intended by their creators

then you have comics to flesh out those characters...however, comics are very vulnerable to inept writers who are not knowledgeable or just don't care about a character's powersets (I would say about 20% of any comic character history suffers from poor writers). so you have writers doing something with a character just for the storyline...ie if the hero needs to survive, he manages to punk someone who is classes above him, or if he should fail, then the hero literally forgets all his basic powersets and fights like an idiot. Thing is writers main goal is to advance plots, not to write a consistent character necessarily. that's why I think panel and handbooks should both be used, with handbooks serving as kind of a guidance in respect to which feats we should accept and which we shouldn't.

hysterical

ur dum

Mr. Slippyfist
Wasn't that Dr. Light? Another lesser known character. And Light only knocked him down temporarily.

Black Racer knocked his ass straight out.

I've been reading comics only for 20 years, how 'bout you? Enough to know that comics are the number one source.

So? A non-jobbing Whirlwind would murderize Spider-Man too. Unsupported?
Or do you actually have support?
Or are you theorizing on powerset?

Yep, that must be why he was begging the Joker to stop. That, or that he was blind. Say, have you actually read the comic or not? He told him to stop after Joker threw a rock. He wasn't expected Joker to kill him.
"What are you--?
Ow! Stop that!"
That sounds like he was asking kids to get off his lawn.

That was a pointless question, but let's say no. Now what happens?

DigiMark007

I agree that a writer's main purpose is story, not power sets. But at the same time, we can't ignore the evolution of a character simply for the sake of nostalgia or the creator. Any character doesn't belong to one writer, however important.

And I'll also reiterate my point that the vast majority of characters do have loads of consistent showings. It's entirely possible to determine power levels from showings over an extended period of time. And the difference between a place like KMC and actual comics is usually that we don't include the PIS/CIS that writers occasionally need to advance their story. So yeah, you get some "wrong" outcomes in comics, but it's much more silly to invalidate anything but a handbook simply because you think a fight or two should've been written differently for a character.

And as it pertains to this fight, if Rhino is > Sas in the handbook, that's the only place he is. Sasquatch has, by far, better showings over a long period of time, even accounting for PIS. It's not a conspiracy against handbooks, which can be useful for rough estimates of power. It's just simple fact. If we have to invalidate any Sasquatch feats over maybe 90 tons, due to your odd rule, then we'd be eliminating a ton of feats. That kind of consistency supercedes handbooks, and I'd only agree with you if there were only 1-2 rogue feats above that.

Mr. Slippyfist

then you have comics to flesh out those characters...however, comics are very vulnerable to inept writers who are not knowledgeable or just don't care about a character's powersets (I would say about 20% of any comic character history suffers from poor writers). so you have writers doing something with a character just for the storyline...ie if the hero needs to survive, he manages to punk someone who is classes above him, or if he should fail, then the hero literally forgets all his basic powersets and fights like an idiot. Thing is writers main goal is to advance plots, not to write a consistent character necessarily. that's why I think panel and handbooks should both be used, with handbooks serving as kind of a guidance in respect to which feats we should accept and which we shouldn't. Eh Oh El.

Starscream M
If we have to invalidate any Sasquatch feats over maybe 90 tons, due to your odd rule, then we'd be eliminating a ton of feats. That kind of consistency supercedes handbooks, and I'd only agree with you if there were only 1-2 rogue feats above that.

no, my rule is not to invalidate feats that don't neatly fit into handbook definitions of a character.

but I like consistency of feats from a character.

If a character has the power to destroy a planet (a feat that 1000 nukes couldn't accomplish) I don't ever want to see that same character later struggle to fight subherald level beings.

Premutos

Anyway, more importantly, you're kinda making my point. Just because you can name a few instances of PIS, we should throw out all feats and just defer to handbooks?!

No, but if we judge characters going only by (more or less) consistant showings then A-listers >>> B-listers >>> C-listers and so on, simply cause the more comic books appareances a character has the more feats s/he'll have as well.

Feats are important, but they aren't everything, at least IMO. Power levels and potential are relevant too.

I could name hundreds of feats from any well-established character that all show a relatively consistent power level. It is possible to establish rough gauges of power levels, despite occasional really bad or really good showings. And that's where the fun of debates come in...because people can interpret characters and feats in multiple different ways, and debate over the varying merits of different showings.

So let's say Rhino is a class 85 and Sas is 80 in the handbook. Does Rhino win? Now let's say in the next iteration of the handbook, Sas becomes a 90 (changes like this happen all the time). Does he win now? But the point is that Sasquatch has consistently had better in-comic showings than Rhino, and therefore should be considered the favorite regardless of what a handbook says.

True, I pretty much agree with you on that. Anyway being so similar brawlers both of them and judging by power levels and beforehand I'd give the victory to Rhino as he is now, it's all I'm saying.

DigiMark007
no, my rule is not to invalidate feats that don't neatly fit into handbook definitions of a character.

but I like consistency of feats from a character.

If a character has the power to destroy a planet (a feat that 1000 nukes couldn't accomplish) I don't ever want to see that same character later struggle to fight subherald level beings.

The higher the power level, the harder it is to always remain consistent. Sentry, Thor before him on the Avengers, Doctor and Jenny Quantum, Majestic, any good GL, etc. all suffer from this occasionally. It's part of the evil of being the heavy hitter on a team.

That said, most writers avoid this. And any of those I mentioned have enough high level feats that we can safely assume that they are capable of the herald-level stuff they display. So the occasional crap writing is a necessary evil, but doesn't invalidate their power set. Like I said earlier, not the right hobby if you want absolute consistency.

Also, Sasquatch wins.

Feats are important, but they aren't everything, at least IMO. Power levels and potential are relevant too.

Fair enough. I agree to an extent. I just think that feats give us most of our info, while handbooks are the rough guidelines from which characters evolve in their comics. Because most handbook articles are refuted by numerous feats.

Premutos
I think you're completely on point. I'm surprised you've only got 30 posts since you became a member.

Er, I've had a coupla bad experiences with comic-related boards embarrasment Meaning that I tend to get banned from them for having strong opinions and/or for pissing off the wrong people. So I don't post regularly.

Another lesser known character. And Light only knocked him down temporarily.

Black Racer knocked his ass straight out.

And DL should have as w...See, these are the kinda comments that get me banned all the time laughing

He told him to stop after Joker threw a rock. He wasn't expected Joker to kill him.
"What are you--?
Ow! Stop that!"
That sounds like he was asking kids to get off his lawn.

That was a pointless question, but let's say no. Now what happens?

Nothing happens, what were you expecting? Me going to you house and stoning you to death?

Mr. Slippyfist
And DL should have as w...See, these are the kinda comments that get me banned all the time laughing

Nothing happens, what were you expecting? Me going to you house and stoning you to death? OK.

No. It's just that that question had no reason then. I mean, it's irrelevant whether I have read it or not, if we're only referring to context in which I do know of.
And I have read it, it's sexy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.