Hyperion(Ultimate Power) vs Ultimate Namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

superkronick92
Well then, fight takes place over the Pacific ocean, bloodlust is on.

Rick/Genis
Originally posted by superkronick92
Well then, fight takes place over the Pacific ocean, bloodlust is on. Weird Water Titan FTW

His Airness
This gives the complete advantage to Namor.......

superkronick92
But Hyperion did shrug off a super nova

emporerpants
hyperion did also own thor incredibly easily. when he punched sue's shield she said she never felt power like that before. pretty impressive.

guy222
Originally posted by superkronick92
Well then, fight takes place over the Pacific ocean, bloodlust is on.

hyperion

grey fox
Hyperion easily.

Photon009
Namor wins. Sue saying she never felt power like Hyperion's before was very misleading, considering it took Hyperion multiple shots and then heat vision to break Sue's shields, whereas it only took Namor one shot to shatter her shield. Ultimate Namor is the top dog of the Ultimate Verse, he tackled right through Mech-Reed's shield's who was drawing so much power he swallowed all the power on the eastern seaboard and was causing nuclear meltdowns all over the world. That's almost a planetary-level feat right there. Namor wins.

llagrok
Never seen anyone like Hyperion. He takes this, although it's one hell of a fight.

Hercules
If Namor pulls him into the ocean though, isn't Hyperion pretty much screwed?

llagrok
Originally posted by Hercules
If Namor pulls him into the ocean though, isn't Hyperion pretty much screwed?

I think that depends on Hyperion, a lot and on whether or not Jonny's supernova hurt him. If it did hurt him then doesn't that mean he has an awesome healing factor? He must've regenned his skin is mere seconds. If it didn't hurt him, doesn't that tell us something about his durability?

The Pict
Originally posted by Photon009
Namor wins. Sue saying she never felt power like Hyperion's before was very misleading, considering it took Hyperion multiple shots and then heat vision to break Sue's shields, whereas it only took Namor one shot to shatter her shield.

If I remember rightly Hyperion also broke through one of her shields with one punch. In issue 2 or 3.

Hercules
Originally posted by llagrok
I think that depends on Hyperion, a lot and on whether or not Jonny's supernova hurt him. If it did hurt him then doesn't that mean he has an awesome healing factor? He must've regenned his skin is mere seconds. If it didn't hurt him, doesn't that tell us something about his durability?

I was thinking more in terms of Namor being in his element where he is strongest and Hyperion being out of his element rather than durability confused

llagrok
I was thinking more in terms of Namor being in his element where he is strongest and Hyperion being out of his element rather than durability confused

My point was this; Would Namor have been able to kill Hyperion in water? Hyperion could take Nova and hits from Thor without showing any signs of letting up.

Hercules
Why does he need to kill him to take the win?

And from what I understand of Ultimate Namor he is stronger than Thor by quite a margin and in water much stronger again, plus he will be able to out manuever Hyperion in his own element.

My point is stageing the fight in the pacific throws a sizeable advantage to Namor imo.

llagrok
Why does he need to kill him to take the win?

And from what I understand of Ultimate Namor he is stronger than Thor by quite a margin and in water much stronger again, plus he will be able to out manuever Hyperion in his own element.

My point is stageing the fight in the pacific throws a sizeable advantage to Namor imo.

Did Namor ever show any signs of being weakened out of water?

Hercules
Did Namor ever show any signs of being weakened out of water?

That I'm not sure of but if hes similar to his 616 counterpart he will be stronger in water than on land.

He has taken blasts from Torch, smashed Sues forcefield, stretched Reed to breaking point and smashed out of machinery designed to hold the Hulk.

But here is the kicker, he has WATER manipulation powers and hes over a HUGE body of water.

He created a tidal wave in the shape of Posiedon and threatened to level manhattan with it.

He pwned the FF.

I just think putting a beast like Ultimate Namor over an Ocean is giving him too much of an advantage in this fight.

llagrok
Yeah, I know all about Namor's feats. However, giving him water doesn't necessarily enhance his physical attributes, it just gives him more water to attack with.

Ultimate Hyperion has a decent amount of feats himself and his eye beams are quite powerful.

Though being in water would give him a great advantage, I'm not sure if it's enough for Namor to win this fight.

Hercules
Back to the eye beams again...so when several thousands tons of water come crashing down on Hyperion hes going to what, make it all evaporate with his eye beams?

So far Hyperion hasn't shown us anything that suggests he is that far above Namor and Namor has an ocean below him to play with.

llagrok
Back to the eye beams again...so when several thousands tons of water come crashing down on Hyperion hes going to what, make it all evaporate with his eye beams?

So far Hyperion hasn't shown us anything that suggests he is that far above Namor and Namor has an ocean below him to play with.

I think he'd dodge it, seeing as he's superfast and such.

The Pict

Who says the water will hit him? Hyperion has super speed remember, he could probably speed blitz Ult Namor.

llagrok
Originally posted by The Pict
Who says the water will hit him? Hyperion has super speed remember, he could probably speed blitz Ult Namor.

's what I said >: O

You copying me? *waves knife*

Hercules

Hes going to dodge the entire ocean now, was he speed blitzing when Ultimate Thing nailed him and knocked him clear across the city?

If Thing can tag him, I'm pretty sure a tidal wave can and as I said, whats to stop Namor from taking this fight underwater where the speed advantage would be his?

Hyperion hasn't shown anything in Ultimate power that Namor hasn't shown and Colossus beat Ulitmate Thor, really he has no feats that show him to be >>>ulitmate Namor and Namor is getting homefield advantage.

llagrok
Hes going to dodge the entire ocean now, was he speed blitzing when Ultimate Thing nailed him and knocked him clear across the city?

If Thing can tag him, I'm pretty sure a tidal wave can and as I said, whats to stop Namor from taking this fight underwater where the speed advantage would be his?

Hyperion hasn't shown anything in Ultimate power that Namor hasn't shown and Colossus beat Ulitmate Thor, really he has no feats that show him to be >>>ulitmate Namor and Namor is getting homefield advantage.

Thing has hit many heroes with speed. I also don't think that Hyperion is the kind of guy to try and dodge punches. He comes off as way too proud.

Hercules
Thing has hit many heroes with speed. I also don't think that Hyperion is the kind of guy to try and dodge punches. He comes off as way too proud.

no expression

So he speed blitzs but is too proud to dodge punches... confused

The Pict

That was in the Ult universe, in which Hyperion and his team were weaker and slower I think. That's why, when the Ult team went to the Squadron's reality, Hyperion could take Thor's hammer and use it against him. I'm assuming this fight is with both Hyperion and Namor at their full abilities.

Hercules
That was in the Ult universe, in which Hyperion and his team were weaker and slower I think. That's why, when the Ult team went to the Squadron's reality, Hyperion could take Thor's hammer and use it against him. I'm assuming this fight is with both Hyperion and Namor at their full abilities.

Even at full ability I haven't seen anything from him that says he is that far above Ulitmate Namor and Namor has an ocean to use, fight and hide in.

Don't forget that Namor has a genius interllect hes not going to fight Hyperion on anything but his own terms.

I'm not suggesting that Namor would own Hyperion just to write Namor off based on superspeed and eye beams would be churlish imo.

llagrok

Thor was completely caught off guard by Hyperion's speed and strength.

The Pict
Thor was completely caught off guard by Hyperion's speed and strength.

Hyperion was a blur to Thor, Thor couldn't have stopped him. Same will happen to Namor IMO

grey fox
I don't know whats worse, everyone believing all this Ult Namor BS or the fact that Hercules seems to believe that a giant mass of water will actually hurt a Superman level character.

I can almost hear the fanboys squealing "He can teleport !!!"

Hercules
Originally posted by grey fox
I don't know whats worse, everyone believing all this Ult Namor BS or the fact that Hercules seems to believe that a giant mass of water will actually hurt a Superman level character.

I can almost hear the fanboys squealing "He can teleport !!!"

Wait a minute where did I say it was hurting him? it sure as hell would be distracting him though.

Where did I make any fanboy claims fox? you know me better than that, I was just saying and I stand by it that this isn't as cut and dried as Hyperion equals Superman so he wins.

grey fox
Wait a minute where did I say it was hurting him? it sure as hell would be distracting him though.

Where did I make any fanboy claims fox? you know me better than that, I was just saying and I stand by it that this isn't as cut and dried as Hyperion equals Superman so he wins.

I'm not saying YOUR making fanboyish statements , i'm saying that this will eventually LEAD to fanboyish statements.

Also the 'Hulk level' thing is Hyperbole. People are claimed to be 'The strongest' in Ult Marvel so often it's retarded. I mean we dont accept it when Supes says 'That may have been the hardest battle i've ever fought etc' yet we believe this ?

His Airness
Hyperion isn't Superman lv. He isn't nearly as strong, fast, durable, or powerful as your conventional top tier.

llagrok
Originally posted by His Airness
Hyperion isn't Superman lv. He isn't nearly as strong, fast, durable, or powerful as your conventional top tier.

This is based on lack of high feats, not low feats. But yeah, thanks for telling us something we already knew smile

Herc, why did you bring in the water wave if you didn't think it was going to hurt him? It would be crappy for distracting him, seeing as Namor would have to focus in order to do it. Which would give Hyperion time to end this a couple of seconds faster.

His Airness
This is based on lack of high feats, not low feats. But yeah, thanks for telling us something we already knew smile

Herc, why did you bring in the water wave if you didn't think it was going to hurt him? It would be crappy for distracting him, seeing as Namor would have to focus in order to do it. Which would give Hyperion time to end this a couple of seconds faster.

If you already knew then obviously my post wasn't directed towards you. Someone made the statement that Hyperion was Superman lv, I pointed out why he isn't.

Hercules

Thousands of tons of water isn't going to hurt him but it would be knocking him back and giving Namor time to follow up or even push him below the ocean and then hes in Namor's element.

There are more to attacks than just damage, If you noitced I have never even stated that I would give Namor a majority I have just argued for the underdog.

I was bored and had a few hours to kill at work! stick out tongue

llagrok
Thousands of tons of water isn't going to hurt him but it would be knocking him back and giving Namor time to follow up or even push him below the ocean and then hes in Namor's element.

There are more to attacks than just damage, If you noitced I have never even stated that I would give Namor a majority I have just argued for the underdog.

I was bored and had a few hours to kill at work! stick out tongue

Yeah, that's always great.

Galan007
Originally posted by Photon009
Ultimate Namor is the top dog of the Ultimate Verse. I highly disagree with that. ermm

His Airness
Originally posted by Galan007
I highly disagree with that. ermm

Who do you think it is?

I figured it was Gallowglass, but he's Thor lv.

Galan007
Originally posted by His Airness
Who do you think it is?

I figured it was Gallowglass, but he's Thor lv. It's hard to say who exactly is the most power character from the Ultimate Universe...

But I'm certain it isn't Namor.... Hell I'd put Ultimate Dr. Doom above him. erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.