Supergirl to be in smallville!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

aldisyoyo
Kryptonsite.com has announced that Supergirl is going to be ins smallville, check on kryptonsite.com

NoFate007
Out of all the people they could do, they choose Supergirl, who's already been kind of done before....idk who decides these things (or who decided to spend nearly an entire season on Lana rather than the main character). Obviously the Bat-embargo prevents them from doing Bruce, but we could've gotten so much better characters. Green Lantern anyone? Or maybe an actual villain, like Parasite? Metallo? Not expecting Doomsday or Darkseid or anything but jeez, after the mess that was last season, wasting our time with 50s flashback noir and tear-healing Chloe, if this is the last season, you'd think they'd want some SUPERMAN stuff in it. I'll be pissed if they make it so she teaches him how to fly and inspires everything. Superman should be the one that inspires, not the other way around. He's getting lessons from everyone but he should be at the top.

Supreme being
Originally posted by NoFate007
Out of all the people they could do, they choose Supergirl, who's already been kind of done before....idk who decides these things (or who decided to spend nearly an entire season on Lana rather than the main character). Obviously the Bat-embargo prevents them from doing Bruce, but we could've gotten so much better characters. Green Lantern anyone? Or maybe an actual villain, like Parasite? Metallo? Not expecting Doomsday or Darkseid or anything but jeez, after the mess that was last season, wasting our time with 50s flashback noir and tear-healing Chloe, if this is the last season, you'd think they'd want some SUPERMAN stuff in it. I'll be pissed if they make it so she teaches him how to fly and inspires everything. Superman should be the one that inspires, not the other way around. He's getting lessons from everyone but he should be at the top.

This guy said it all amen bro amen. thumb up

NoFate007
Why thank you.

Darth Macabre
wasting our time with 50s flashback noir and tear-healing Chloe Wow, picking out two episodes and saying that those two episodes made the season a mess, good job!
Smallville is about Clark Kent, not Superman. God, when are you people going to realize that? Superman will not be in the show. This is all about Clark Kent and his rise to Superman. He learns how to fly by someone teaching him? Fine with me. He learns his morals, ethics, and his reason for helping people out from his parents and friends? Fine with me. Superman just didn't step out of Lara's womb and be like "Oh, wow, I can fly and take bullets to the eyes. Let's save the world now!"

But as for the subject at hand, I don't know how I feel about this. If they were going to do it, they should have had Raya's character be Supergirl. Now, with Kara from season three, and Raya from season six, it seems kind of redundant.

((The_Anomaly))

Yea if Supergirl teaches him how to fly I'll pretty much disown the show. Clark was already full fledged Superman long before Kara showed up in all other continuities. If she teaches him how it'll be the dumbest thing ever. If anyone teaches him anything it should be Jor-El.

Also, we've (and personally I've) had enough of other Kryptionaians showing up, there has been FAR too many. Its getting redundant. Make it someone interesting, make the last season something to remember, like Mongul shows up with warworld and his empire and tries to enslave earth. Something incredible, something where Clark will finally NEEDS to learn to use his powers to the fullest and so he finally goes to Jor-El and takes the training he was offered because he knows that no one else can save the Earth besides him. Let see Clark do something that places him on the Superman mantel, lets see him become a true hero.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Also, we've (and personally I've) had enough of other Kryptionaians showing up, there has been FAR too many. Its getting redundant. Agreed...it is redundant.

NoFate007
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Wow, picking out two episodes and saying that those two episodes made the season a mess, good job!
Smallville is about Clark Kent, not Superman. God, when are you people going to realize that? Superman will not be in the show. This is all about Clark Kent and his rise to Superman. He learns how to fly by someone teaching him? Fine with me. He learns his morals, ethics, and his reason for helping people out from his parents and friends? Fine with me. Superman just didn't step out of Lara's womb and be like "Oh, wow, I can fly and take bullets to the eyes. Let's save the world now!"

But as for the subject at hand, I don't know how I feel about this. If they were going to do it, they should have had Raya's character be Supergirl. Now, with Kara from season three, and Raya from season six, it seems kind of redundant.

Yeah I picked two episodes out of the many. Did you really expect me to list every single one? C'mon, efficiency man lol. There weren't many episodes that weren't a majority of Lana/Lex stuff rather than Clark.

And yeah, Smallville is about Clark Kent, not Superman, but its about Clark Kent BECOMING Superman...ala...there should be Superman elements in there. He learns how to fly by someone teaching him? Yeah, I can take that, but he shouldn't learn from Supergirl. Supergirl is a character spawned from Superman, not the other way around. We've already had Green Arrow as the leader of the Justice League as opposed to Bruce or Clark. We don't need Supergirl to be the inspiration for Superman. We need Superman to be the inspiration for Supergirl. Understand what I mean now? If anybody teaches him how to fly, it should be Martian Manhunter or Jor-El...not a character that was originally created just as a derivative of Superman. Plus, they've done the Kara thing before on a previous season. I agree with the post above about having something that makes Clark wake up and step up to the plate like Mongul or something. If this is the last season, they shouldn't rush him at the last minute accomplishing all that he should've been accomplishing for the past few seasons. He's come a long way in some regards, but he's still not close enough to being Superman than what he obviously should be in the last episode of the series. If they only have umpteen episodes left to cram all that in, its going to feel rushed, and I think it would've been more beneficial to spend some of that wasted time last season on this stuff to allow a better transition.

Darth Macabre
Yeah I picked two episodes out of the many. Did you really expect me to list every single one? C'mon, efficiency man lol. There weren't many episodes that weren't a majority of Lana/Lex stuff rather than Clark. Then you should have just said "too much Lex/Lana stuff". Because, the two episodes that you listed, had nothing to do with Lex or Lana. See what I mean?

I never said that I wanted Kara to teach him how to fly. In fact, I said I didn't know how I felt about her being on the show, let alone teaching him about anything. If it was Raya who taught him how to fly, I would be fine with that then.

AstroFan
Originally posted by aldisyoyo
Kryptonsite.com has announced that Supergirl is going to be ins smallville, check on kryptonsite.com

Tag really helps since the spoiler is in the title. Smooth. no expression

aldisyoyo
lol, wow, long posts

~JP~
Originally posted by AstroFan
Tag really helps since the spoiler is in the title. Smooth. no expression

laughing out loud I was gonna say the same thing. Also, the rest of you, be prepared because she IS going to teach him to fly and they are fairly certain that it will be Supergirl who gets the spin off when it should have been Green Arrow imo.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by ~JP~
laughing out loud I was gonna say the same thing. Also, the rest of you, be prepared because she IS going to teach him to fly and they are fairly certain that it will be Supergirl who gets the spin off when it should have been Green Arrow imo.

I don't mind but I really wanted Martain Manhunter to teach him how to fly. sad

Oh well. Win some loose some I guess. On thing though... Won't she be like... 8 years old? She was a teen when she met a Superman in his thirdies in the comics... Actually, even younger than 8. They will probably make her older like Jimmy.

H. S. 6
Alright. So we have two Super-People living in Kansas. And a Justice League.

Now who the hell are they supposed to fight?

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Alright. So we have two Super-People living in Kansas. And a Justice League.

Now who the hell are they supposed to fight? Tumbleweeds. no expression

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Tumbleweeds. no expression

And regular weed. smokin'

aldisyoyo
KILL THE DANDYLIONS!!!

Supreme being
Originally posted by ~JP~

Dam it what a retarded idea oh well thats smallville for you.

aldisyoyo
lol

sorren24
Wouldn't Martian Manhunter teaching Clark to fly be like a dog trying to teach a cat how to bark? Martians and Kryptonians have different physiologies. Martians have natural flight as far we know and can fly in any environment. Kryptonians can only fly in a system where there's a yellow, blue, or white sun.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Are there any choices for anyone to play Kara?

TheCollegeBalla
they're casting it right now

Smallville
First and foremost, I like that this thread was titled Supergirl to be in Smallville, and when you posted about it you decided to use the spoiler tags.

Secondly, season six wasn't as bad as people are making it out to be. It was by no means the best season they have released, but even so I enjoyed it.

Third, as was mentioned, Supergirl has already been touched on. Season 3 finale, for those who forget. (Kara was hot, on a side note.)

And finally, as was mentioned already, it would be nice to have some future villians, as opposed to having Hero Cameos all of the seventh season. They have done enough, and I personally think that Justice should be the nail in the coffin. It would be rather interesting if they had Grundy or something like that make an appearance.

Kal of Krypton
I hope she falls in love with Lex, like she does in the comic's. But I highly doubt it.

Smallville
If, I hope it doesn't happen, but if they do incoperate Kara into the show, I would hope they take it in that direction, Kal.

... and Isn't is spelled incorrectly in your signature

Kal of Krypton
How so? (my sig has always looked a bit off, I just cant put my finger on it though)

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Kal of Krypton
How so? (my sig has always looked a bit off, I just cant put my finger on it though) It's off because "Is'nt" isn't a word.

Smallville
The contraction of is and not is misspelled. The proper spelling has been shown a number of times. But, once more for good measure...

ISN'T

Kal of Krypton
lmao, oh, I get your previous post now. Flew totally over my head. My bad. When I get home I'll fix it. Thanks.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Kara is going to be played by Canadian actress Laura Vandervoort

~JP~
pictured in the episode "Kara" thread

Ultimate Hulk43
This has kind of been done already. As stated before in this thread, it'd be nice to see Clark fighting more supervillains like in the episode "Combat" instead of meeting new heroes all the time. Thus far, that has been the best fight in this show (in "Combat"wink because Clark & the villain weren't just throwing each other around like the usual fights that happen. I want more fights like that where Clark is getting his ass kicked & the fight is going back & forth as well. Non superpowered villains is getting old. It got old two seasons ago. I do want to see Kara on Smallville but it was kind of stupid to already do it just to redo it four seasons later. Let me guess, next Zod's going to be redone & it's going to be revealed that the Zod we saw was a poser.

rogy3131
i dont know much about the comic books, just from watching the cartoons when i was a kid, but I agree that raya wa enuff of the super-woman persuasion.

Mr Parker
she made the show more njoyable thats for sure.now instead of just fastforwarding thrugh the scenes that didnt have Lana in them,I watched the ones she was in as well. big grin

ankur29
best choice woudl have been kaley cuoco

she looks like supergril to me and is equally young (age 22)!!

images

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&resnum=0&q=kaley+cuoco&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by ankur29
best choice woudl have been kaley cuoco

she looks like supergril to me and is equally young (age 22)!!

images

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&resnum=0&q=kaley+cuoco&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Kara is already on the show in the form of Laura Vandervoort. Kaley Cuoco has her show on cbs

ankur29
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Kara is already on the show in the form of Laura Vandervoort. Kaley Cuoco has her show on cbs

i said 'best choice would have been '... i know laura is playing kara but kaley would of been better choice

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by ankur29
i said 'best choice would have been '... i know laura is playing kara but kaley would of been better choice

Not really. Kaley has never been that type of actress. Kaley has always chosen to do comedic roles

lenovo
SUPER GIRL WAS AMAZING!!! Season 7 definitely picked up really good for Smallville!!! The DVD actually comes out tomorrow, September 9th!! I hope everyone gets there copy because I will be in the stores first thing tomorrow!!! I saw some pretty cool trailers at the Smallville's official website...

URL smallvilletrailermaker.warnerbros.com

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.