I'm back... what did I miss?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

katelovespirate
Sorry to make a thread, Rogue... you can delete if necessary. I'm back and totally need to know what I have missed!!! Any major revelations about film 3 that everyone's had now that they've seen it a hundred times? Whats the box office like? Willo and Surreal, did you finish the fic we were working on????? What's next??? smile

lovethemtigers
Hi Kate...I'm not posting on here much anymore...but TMaria and I are in the process of making more bittersweet Sparrabeth Videos...LovelyOne started a thread about how she has finally seen Movie 3...I finally saw it...and was totally disappointed with it..and have not great desire to rush out and see it again..and I keep torturing myself cause I continue to hold on to a tiny spark of hope that maybe just maybe not all is what meets the eye in the end...and there could still be some hope on the horizon...but that's just me in denial and refusing to let go of Sparrabeth.....

Surreal_44
No, we haven't finished the fic. stick out tongue Would we do that to you? Never! I'm in the process of writing a scene.

No new revelations on the movie, I don't think. Lots of discussion on deleted Sparrabeth moments (that are better left on the cutting room floor) that make Jack look like a pathetic man in love with a woman who doesn't consider him a romantic interest at all.

James is still sexy, and unfortunately, still dead. But I think that he got sent to the locker, so people can go rescue him. big grin

Mmm, oh and Terry suggested on Wordplayer that although the movie does not cover it, he thinks that what happens when DJ would touch land is similar to what happens to vamps who have sunlight touch them; agonizing pain that could kill them if they don't get back to the shade soon enough.

Only, you know, DJ would need to get to the water, obviously.

I think that's pretty much it. big grin

katelovespirate
brilliant, thanks guys. I think I'll skip the "Sparrabeth moments on the cutting floor that basically show Jack still in love with a skank who marries a squid" discussion, in the interest of preserving my sanity. wink

Surreal_44
I don't recall Elizabeth marrying Davy Jones. Did you see a different version than I did? stick out tongue

potcfan2003
I know, Will didn't go fish faced.... he did his duty

sailorleo
umm..Sailorrie is doing well and is a favorite ship around these parts...lol....and now they have fanfics......

potcfan2003
and we have Bapple, and Jarbonkey

T.Maria
Surreal, me thinks thou doth protest too much...big grin

Besides, they made a mistake in the cutting room...and you know itwink

hehe!

katelovespirate
so.... what are these scenes that didnt make it in? should I have a look at them?

T.Maria
to be honest we're not sure exactly what they are...
but in the novelisation there was more of a mention of jack and liz than there was in the movie...

its all suspicious really...
i think the willabether's snuck into the cutting room on the sly and made their own ending just to piss off everyone wink ... it would be one way of explaining the mess at the end of the film big grin

Sorry...im not bitter...just cheated lol

katelovespirate
no I believe you. actually, I think Surreal had something to do with it. she kidnapped Ted and Terry and tortured them out of the extremely hott sparrabeth ending that was planned. when they finally escaped, they killed off Norri just to punish her. (hehehe, all in good fun, Krissy smile) i think the original ending went something like this:

(scene of intense rain battle)

Will: Will you marry me?

Elizabeth: I don't think now's the best time!

Will: We may not have another chance! What is your choice?

Jack, whilst fighting DJ, looks down suddenly with intense interest. Elizabeth looks confused as they continue to battle everyone around them.

Elizabeth: Barbossa!

Will: What?

Elizabeth: Barbossa! Marry us!

Barbossa: I'm afraid I can't do that, love.

Elizabeth: Why not?

Jack: (shouting down) Because, my dear Lizzie, what you may have failed to realize is that agreeing to become the Pirate King means that you also vow to remain unmarried as long as you shall reign (which is, unfortunately, until you die) in order to fulfill your duties properly, according to the code of the brethran. (Jack smirks and continues fighting with Jones)

Elizabeth: What?! No one told me that!

Barbossa: (grinning innocently) We thought you knew.

Elizabeth: Oh hang it all! Can't you marry us anyways? They're more guidelines than actual rules!

Barbossa: Indeed not. We must honor the code.

Elizabeth: (shouts up to Jack) Jack! You're a captain! Will you break the code and marry us?

Jack: Persuade me.

T.Maria
i like that ending better...big grin

*raises hand*

I vote we send it off to tnt and demand that ending big grin

And can we also make it so will actually dies and doesnt come back???? ...would anyone really miss him that much ??? wink

potcfan2003
I WOULD!!! and besides, my friends would hunt you all down and go phsyco on you. if they get Will Turner deprived, it getsdugly!!! I know, I have friends with issues, but at least I'm not that bad. If Will died and stayed dead, I'd be depressed for a month or two, then probably never see a POTC movie again.

Jaeh_JediPirate
don't forget Parkey guys... Parrot + monkey?

kate that was hilarious!!!!

and welcome back.. smile

katelovespirate
thanks. smile

tee_pirategirl
unfortunately boxoffice wasn't too good. As much as I wanted DMC to stay on top of AWE. I wanted AWE to do better than it's competitions and break some records but it was only #1 for a week before it sank to #2 by Knocked up and now Ocean's 13 and it's still in #2.

It's doing wonderfull in the international boxoffice though!

I just thought u should know since u asked.

Jaeh_JediPirate
international, yep.

I've been trying to get everyone in class to watch it... trying sooo hard that i'm coming with a classmate to watch it again! jump

Surreal_44
Oh come on. It's in the number two spot because of weekly averages, not because it's making no money. It's already at 253K in three weeks in the U.S. That in itself is nothing to sneeze at. Of course, it would help if you all went and saw it more often.

Like me. stick out tongue

I think I'll go see it again tomorrow. big grin

I have nothing to do with the W/E ending. If I was going to do torturing for an ending, it would have been for Norribeth or even Willington. big grin I admit I am converted fully to Willabeth though after the movie. I wasn't sure they'd be able to pull it off, but they sure did. big grin

Surreal_44
Ah, 253 million, not thousand. stick out tongue Trying to post whilst getting dressed and brushing your teeth at the same time is not a good combo. big grin

tee_pirategirl
Oh don't get me wrong! I don't think it was because of the Willabeth ending, I just think they had loads of competition.

I didn't mean they're doing bad...just that I had so many more hopes for it.
speaking of AWE and related stuff...I HAVE A PIRATED DVD QUALITY VERSION!!! ON A CD IN MY HAND NOOOOOOOOOW! SQUEEEEEEEEEE

But I won't watch it! I promise I won't...I PROMISE!

Cause pirac is stealing! *chants like one of those anti piracy commercials*

potcfan2003
you have a pirated pirate movie? weird...

tee_pirategirl
Yeah I felt that way too...Jack would ttly watch it if he were in my place but this is one time I won't do what Jack would!

Gosh I don't even want to have it in my house...a friend got it for me.

katelovespirate
hmmm... I wouldnt agree that they pulled off a willabeth ending... hehehe. i don't think I'll see it again... I need to see Ocean's 13, Shreck 3, and Spidey, so I can make some comparisons. Except I've heard Spidey is super depressing, so maybe I'll skip that one.

I don't really have a problem with watching pirated films, because generally if I care about a film enough to get a pirated copy, it's just desperate measures until it comes out on film for real, when I will buy it for the special features and stuff.

IheartPocky
Pirates was probably the best of the 3 summer movies. Shrek was boring to me. Spidey was fun but still unbelievable and stupid.

potcfan2003
POTC 4EVA!!!!!!!!!!!!

tee_pirategirl
EXACTLY!!! Pirates ROCK!

Even if I didn't like the ending AT ALL. It's still pirates though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.