Woman Wars!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hitman911
1 week prep
No bloodlust but it is to the death.
Best out of 10

Team 1

Catwoman
Psylock
Rogue
Invisible Woman

Team 2

Storm
She-Hulk
Electra
Emma Frost

Team 3

Lady Death Strike
Jean Grey(classic)
Spiderwoman
Crystal http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/c/crystal.htm

Team 4

Wonderwoman
Mystique
Batgirl
Polaris

Team 5

SuperGirl
Nova
Marrow
Shadowcat

Team 6

Scarlet Witch(Classic)
Valkyrie
Jubilee
Binary

Which Team Takes it!!!!!?????

llagrok
Just the thought of this battle *drool*

I'll come up with the results later, need to do some thinking.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Giving Wonder WOman that much prep seals her victory. She has more weapons and magical plot devices than you can shake a stick at. Medusa Head for the win. everyone else is turned into stone.

Hitman911
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Giving Wonder WOman that much prep seals her victory. She has more weapons and magical plot devices than you can shake a stick at. Medusa Head for the win. everyone else is turned into stone.

Couldn't Mysique turn into Galactus and scare them all to death?? laughing

llagrok
Scarlet witch, which version?

Hitman911
Originally posted by llagrok
Scarlet witch, which version?

classic

complexbrother
Team 6 all day . except they cant beat my team ...

team 7

Zatanna http://www.dccomics.com/heroes_and_villains/?hv=zatanna
Big Barda http://www.dcdatabaseproject.com/Big_Barda
Phyla-Vell http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/phylacaptainmarvel.htm
Gamora http://www.marveldatabase.com/Gamora

nvrbeenwthagirl
Team 6 has the best line up in terms of effective members. But they lack the prep to actually beat Wonder Woman wearing two atlas Guantlets, carrying the medusa head, and using the Disk of Lanishiar to kill half of thier team for her.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by complexbrother
Team 6 all day . except they cant beat my team ...

team 7

Zatanna http://www.dccomics.com/heroes_and_villains/?hv=zatanna
Big Barda http://www.dcdatabaseproject.com/Big_Barda
Phyla-Vell http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/phylacaptainmarvel.htm
Gamora http://www.marveldatabase.com/Gamora

My team can beat yours

Maxima
Sersi
Isis
Tana nile

Hitman911
It is clear that team 2 with Storm laughing out loud clearly has the advantage in speed, skill, and power!! laughing out loud

guy222
Originally posted by Hitman911
1 week prep
Best out of 10

Team 1

Catwoman
Psylock
Rogue
Invisible Woman

Team 2

Storm
She-Hulk
Electra
Emma Frost

Team 3

Lady Death Strike
Jean Grey(classic)
Spiderwoman

Team 4

Wonderwoman
Mystique
Batgirl
Polaris

Team 5

SuperGirl
Nova
Marrow
Shadowcat

Team 6

Scarlet Witch(Classic)
Valkyrie
Jubilee
Binary

Which Team Takes it!!!!!?????

Jean FTW

Hitman911
classic jean not PF Jean

guy222
classic jean not PF Jean

Ok

I post my answer in a bit

spawnwest
where does this battle take place????

after the first wave of attack these are the only ones who would be left

She-Hulk
Wonderwoman
SuperGirl
Scarlet Witch(Classic)
Valkyrie
Binary

Hitman911
Originally posted by spawnwest
where does this battle take place????

after the first wave of attack these are the only ones who would be left

She-Hulk
Wonderwoman
SuperGirl
Scarlet Witch(Classic)
Valkyrie
Binary

What about Storm?? after all she can KO Superman with one shot!!! laughing out loud

spawnwest
What about Storm?? after all she can KO Superman with one shot!!! laughing out loud

yeah but team 6 has the unfair advantage here so one of them would take her out.

Hitman911
I think everyone is underrating Mystique's abilities.

spawnwest
I think everyone is underrating Mystique's abilities.

I want to keep her in it as well because she is pretty smart and always finds away....the problem here is team 6 just has too much of an advantage so depending on how the first wave of attack is fought and who gets matched up together.

guy222
I want to keep her in it as well because she is pretty smart and always finds away....the problem here is team 6 just has too much of an advantage so depending on how the first wave of attack is fought and who gets matched up together.

Jean Grey
Rachel Summers
Sue Storm
Diana
Goddess

big grin

Beat my ladies

What If...
Your teams are really imbalanced.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by What If...

Very very imbalanced.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by What If...

You are right about that. For example, what's the purpose of having Psylocke (I assume it's current version unless stated otherwise) in the same team as Invisible Woman? That should mean that she's filling "marial artist\hand to hand" slot in the team...but again... there's Catwoman.

Another inconsistent thing is with telepathy. Jean\Emma can shut down the minds of great deal of participants in the fight. And then things will go weird...since after that onslaught Emma will have to go diamond at least for a while. But sadly for her, team 2 has little chance in that fight.
And that's sad that I have to try to avoid siding with Storm's fanboys there...

And wait... Supergirl and Nova (Herald Nova?) are in the same team? Are you crazy?And Shadowcat is also there... that's what I mean by imbalanced.

Hitman911
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
You are right about that. For example, what's the purpose of having Psylocke (I assume it's current version unless stated otherwise) in the same team as Invisible Woman? That should mean that she's filling "marial artist\hand to hand" slot in the team...but again... there's Catwoman.

Another inconsistent thing is with telepathy. Jean\Emma can shut down the minds of great deal of participants in the fight. And then things will go weird...since after that onslaught Emma will have to go diamond at least for a while. But sadly for her, team 2 has little chance in that fight.
And that's sad that I have to try to avoid siding with Storm's fanboys there...

And wait... Supergirl and Nova (Herald Nova?) are in the same team? Are you crazy?And Shadowcat is also there... that's what I mean by imbalanced.

And both of those teams would get murdered by team 6.
each team has something different to bring to the table.

complexbrother
Originally posted by guy222
Jean Grey
Rachel Summers
Sue Storm
Diana
Goddess

big grin

Beat my ladies

my team could do it .

Zatanna
Big Barda
Phyla-Vell
Gamora

and by the way, team 3 is really outmatched in this fight, they go down first.

Photon009
No one's taking down Supergirl and Nova on the same team. Team 5 wins.

Hitman911
Originally posted by Photon009
No one's taking down Supergirl and Nova on the same team. Team 5 wins.

Storm and shehulk take them!!

Hitman911
Team 6 IS the powerhouse of the list!!!

Jebus reborn
1 week prep
Best out of 10

Team 1

Catwoman
Psylock
Rogue
Invisible Woman

Team 2

Storm
She-Hulk
Electra
Emma Frost

Team 3

Lady Death Strike
Jean Grey(classic)
Spiderwoman

Team 4

Wonderwoman
Mystique
Batgirl
Polaris

Team 5

SuperGirl
Nova
Marrow
Shadowcat

Team 6

Scarlet Witch(Classic)
Valkyrie
Jubilee
Binary

Which Team Takes it!!!!!????? What are they doing? Cleaning up the Batcave?

Hitman911
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
What are they doing? Cleaning up the Batcave? Happy Dance

spawnwest
who's going to stop Wonder Woman given that Wonder Woman has prep and an arsenal of weapons and magic

Hitman911
who's going to stop Wonder Woman given that Wonder Woman has prep and an arsenal of weapons and magic

Team 1 would beat her. Sue is clearly the smartest of this group.

Hitman911
Originally posted by Photon009
No one's taking down Supergirl and Nova on the same team. Team 5 wins. confused mmmmmmmmmmmm.......

King_Mungi
A woman's war and no Talisman? for shame.

Charlotte DeBel
Team 1 would beat her. Sue is clearly the smartest of this group.

Emma is pretty much adept in terms of tech (at least psionic manipulations-related) either. Mutivac and plenty of other stuff...like her mind-switching "gun".
Sue isn't a genius just because she's a wife of one...I don't know whether married or engaged ones could get help from their husbands.

Hitman911
Emma is pretty much adept in terms of tech (at least psionic manipulations-related) either. Mutivac and plenty of other stuff...like her mind-switching "gun".
Sue isn't a genius just because she's a wife of one...I don't know whether married or engaged ones could get help from their husbands.
she's still pretty smart and she is a team player.

lando005
none of your teams can beat my one woman army

nemisis!!!!

Hitman911
Originally posted by lando005
none of your teams can beat my one woman army

nemisis!!!!

Storm one shot's her! big grin

Soljer
Originally posted by King_Mungi

Isn't she Canadian?

Everyone knows Canadian women aren't really all woman...

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Soljer
Isn't she Canadian?

Everyone knows Canadian women aren't really all woman...

So what if they have more hair then the Canadian men, it's a fetish for some. Don't judge us

Soljer
So what if they have more hair then the Canadian men, it's a fetish for some. Don't judge us

laughing

After I posted, I realized that I didn't attach an emoticon, so I hope no one took my post seriously. I can see that you didn't, stick out tongue.

King_Mungi
laughing

After I posted, I realized that I didn't attach an emoticon, so I hope no one took my post seriously. I can see that you didn't, stick out tongue.

Carrying around beaver pelts is a way to distinguish themselves. It's fashion, which is something you don't know *snaps fingers*

Soljer
Carrying around beaver pelts is a way to distinguish themselves. It's fashion, which is something you don't know *snaps fingers*

Beaver Pelts?

Double entendre much? 313

King_Mungi
Beaver Pelts?

Double entendre much? 313

I have no idea what your talking about evil face

Hitman911
So what if they have more hair then the Canadian men, it's a fetish for some. Don't judge us laughing
Team 2 FTW!!

redhotrash
I would think the invisible woman/rogue combo would work well no? Cant she extend invisibility to others?

Hitman911
Originally posted by redhotrash
I would think the invisible woman/rogue combo would work well no? Cant she extend invisibility to others?

Does anyone know the full exent of Rogue's powers?

nimbus006

I was thinking the same thing, and no Rachel either?

Hitman911
1. team 6
2.team 2
3. team 1

redhotrash
well Rogue has the 1 touch = death now. So assuming Sue can get her to like Wonderwoman I think the fight as a whole would be over. Or maybe not =-]

Charlotte DeBel
Both Sue and Rogue can be affected by TP. And I don't think Rogue can absorb Wonderwoman's powers since Diana is nothing but an enchanted clay....
Also Wonderwoman is pretty much resistant to traditional TP due to Eyes of Pallas.

moonknight11
Team 2 ftw

Emma mind blasts Sue.There goes team One.

Hitman911
Originally posted by moonknight11
Team 2 ftw

Emma mind blasts Sue.There goes team One.

team 2
Shehulk = strength
Storm = Power
Electra = agility
Emma Frost = TP
big grin

Charlotte DeBel
Team one is pretty easy to deal with with help of TP..unless you bring up a PIS fight from X4.

Team two comes either third or second...my bets are on team 4 to be a winner, mostly because of Wonder Woman. But I can also agree on team 6 being on the top.

But there's no way in hell team one wins that...unless help from husbands\boyfriends is allowed during the prep time.

h1a8
I think Invisible woman will own most here (not all though). As she would have her shield up due to prep and can instantly either send very sharp invisible spears or cutting discs through the others (in which she can start/create these weapons as close to the foe as she likes in order to beat them to the punch) for instant wins or even do her full bubble routine inside a foe for an instant win while being invisible herself and moving around to avoid any attacks on her shield.

But there quite is no optimal team here due to mismatching. For instance, if team A can beat team B and team B can beat team C but team C can beat them A then who is optimal. This is like paper rock sissors. This thread is a very fine example of why abc logic in itself is faulty and thus sucks.

So if one were to bracket up the matches (like in a tennis match) then we can easily see who will win the tournament.

Hitman911
Originally posted by h1a8
I think Invisible woman will own most here (not all though). As she would have her shield up due to prep and can instantly either send very sharp invisible spears or cutting discs through the others (in which she can start/create these weapons as close to the foe as she likes in order to beat them to the punch) for instant wins or even do her full bubble routine inside a foe for an instant win while being invisible herself and moving around to avoid any attacks on her shield.

But there quite is no optimal team here due to mismatching. For instance, if team A can beat team B and team B can beat team C but team C can beat them A then who is optimal. This is like paper rock sissors. This thread is a very fine example of why abc logic in itself is faulty and thus sucks.

So if one were to bracket up the matches (like in a tennis match) then we can easily see who will win the tournament.

But everyone can make a case which team is optimal.
like I said i like teams 2 & 6. Prep is the X factor. Even against Wonderwoman.

Rutog98
Storm's and Emma's team wins.

With prep, Emma creates a machine that augments her psi powers (she's really good at that) and Storm creates a fog to cover the battlefield for all of the time till the team meets for battle. The meet up, both teams are blinded. Storm can see through the fog because of her alternate sight while Emma will be able to spot the other team via TP and relay their location to her the other two teamates who would be blinded by the fog. She then TP assaults the other team taking out the telepath first if a telepath is present there with her enhanced psi powers. Afterwards, she works to brain fry the rest of the opposing team while Storm rains down the fury of the elements on them and She-Hulk punches them to oblivion. laughing out loud

Hitman911
Originally posted by Rutog98

With prep, Emma creates a machine that augments her psi powers (she's really good at that) and Storm creates a fog to cover the battlefield for all of the time till the team meets for battle. The meet up, both teams are blinded. Storm can see through the fog because of her alternate sight while Emma will be able to spot the other team via TP and relay their location to her the other two teamates who would be blinded by the fog. She then TP assaults the other team taking out the telepath first if a telepath is present there with her enhanced psi powers. Afterwards, she works to brain fry the rest of the opposing team while Storm rains down the fury of the elements on them and She-Hulk punches them to oblivion. laughing out loud

Good call!!! Happy Dance

h1a8
But everyone can make a case which team is optimal.
like I said i like teams 2 & 6. Prep is the X factor. Even against Wonderwoman.

No one can make a case of a team being optimal for there exists a team that can beat them. This is like rock paper scissors.

h1a8

good stuff man! I like you. good way to debate.
But one thing. Why would a team enter a battlefield they can't see in? I don't think prepping the battle field should be allowed. For it would open up pandora's box to some slippery slope stuff. Like for example, prepping the battlefield with nuclear bombs while putting one's team in a forcefield so that as soon as the other team enters "boom!".

Charlotte DeBel
But one thing. Why would a team enter a battlefield they can't see in? I don't think prepping the battle field should be allowed. For it would open up pandora's box to some slippery slope stuff. Like for example, prepping the battlefield with nuclear bombs while putting one's team in a forcefield so that as soon as the other team enters "boom!".

The fog can be created at immediate start of a match. By the way, fog, smoke etc can reveal Invisible Woman's location.

Rutog, feel free to use any of those Storm sigs I've shown you if you like them. You gave exactly my thoughts there.
The only team team 2 loses there badly most probably is team 4, because of Wonder Woman and her Eyes of Pallas.

And as for nukes,I don't think that the help of husbands during the prep time is allowed. And nuclear energetics doesn't seem to be Sue's major.

h1a8
The fog can be created at immediate start of a match. By the way, fog, smoke etc can reveal Invisible Woman's location.

Rutog, feel free to use any of those Storm sigs I've shown you if you like them. You gave exactly my thoughts there.
The only team team 2 loses there badly most probably is team 4, because of Wonder Woman and her Eyes of Pallas.

And as for nukes,I don't think that the help of husbands during the prep time is allowed. And nuclear energetics doesn't seem to be Sue's major.

It takes significant time for storm to create fog. Even slower than her speed of though. You know what some of these girls can do to storm before she can even blink her eyes?

And good joke about the husbands.
My point was that it would open a bad pandora's box.

Charlotte DeBel
It takes significant time for storm to create fog. Even slower than her speed of though. You know what some of these girls can do to storm before she can even blink her eyes?

I know that speedblitz is an overused trick on KMC. Anyone in team 2 can be speedblitzed...Emma needs 1\100th of a second to switc into the diamond...but sometimes it's too slow.
Also fog is a bad cover, but illusions are muck quicker and reliable stuff. And Emma is adept in that thing.
Hell, she can even make the members of opposing team fighting each other by well-placed illusion tricks, "playing Lady Mastermind".

Hitman911
1 week of prep with Reed Richards?????
Team 1 FTW!

Charlotte DeBel
1 week of prep with Reed Richards?????
Team 1 FTW!

That's why I asked about help of husbands. Since if it's allowed, than in the end of a week Sue gets a portative version of Ultimate Nullifier disguised as a nail polish just for being nice to Reed in a bed.

Tyson20
A woman's war and no Talisman? for shame. Jesus christ shut up about your idols for once!!

Rutog98

This lady can create hurricanes faster than psis like Mastermind can work their power (MM has speed of thought). A fog is merely moisture. Storm can do this immediately.

Rutog98

Well, if this is the case, Storm has her alternate vision and will be able to "see" the bombs first. Her team will not be taken off-guard with this. Emma can relay the info to the rest of the team at the speed of thought. big grin

h1a8
Well, if this is the case, Storm has her alternate vision and will be able to "see" the bombs first. Her team will not be taken off-guard with this. Emma can relay the info to the rest of the team at the speed of thought. big grin

Storm is not Superman. She can't see through solid material like the ground, walls, and such. Nukes can be easily hidden in garbage cans or in the dirt.

h1a8
This lady can create hurricanes faster than psis like Mastermind can work their power (MM has speed of thought). A fog is merely moisture. Storm can do this immediately.

"immediately" to human thought can be a billion years to some other super powered characters. Supergirl and others can kill her eons faster than she can create fog (or even thinks about it). If I had a gun then I bet you I can shoot her faster than she can create fog.

2damnloud
Storm is not Superman. She can't see through solid material like the ground, walls, and such. Nukes can be easily hidden in garbage cans or in the dirt.

Uhhhhh, she kinda can.

http://img63.imageshack.us/my.php?image=energyworld2io.jpg
http://img63.imageshack.us/my.php?image=energyworld24lq.jpg

http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=energyworld38nt.jpg
http://img122.imageshack.us/my.php?image=energyworld42xc.jpg

She can make out the energy patterns of ALL MATTER not just the elements.

2damnloud
"immediately" to human thought can be a billion years to some other super powered characters. Supergirl and others can kill her eons faster than she can create fog (or even thinks about it). If I had a gun then I bet you I can shoot her faster than she can create fog.

Yall got Storm ALLL f*ucked up. laughing

http://img46.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lessthanacnsciousthoughfo4.jpg

http://img141.imageshack.us/my.php?image=airpressurea2cr.jpg

http://img240.imageshack.us/my.php?image=airpressureb4bl.jpg

http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?image=control1gy8.jpg

http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=control2vl1.jpg

http://img77.imageshack.us/my.php?image=quickgale1bi9.jpg

http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=quickgale2du2.jpg

Charlotte DeBel
Illusions are better coverage than a fog for team 2 anyways. Fog can be rendered useless by...for example, characters with superspeed creating air vortex etc. Also well-placed illusions and having one of the best human assasins in your team can be useful in taking out non-superhumanly durable opponents.
But to disrupt sophisticately made illusions you should try hard.

And yes, as for nukes...If the organizer of ambush isn't psi-shielded, the big surprize is going to fail.
Emma Frost vs Morlocks

Emma's abilities are inhibited by Leech, so to break free she has to kick poor kid, knocking him out. Though she regrets about that action, that was the only way for her to escape.
The following incident with "surprise" from Dark Beast- an explosion- shows how much PIS was that "brick incident" from New X-Men. She senses the explosion psionically- barely in time to warn her students.

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/3375/generationx00610uw4.th.jpghttp://img82.imageshack.us/img82/377/generationx00611nu4.th.jpghttp://img527.imageshack.us/img527/1424/generationx00612cp0.th.jpghttp://img82.imageshack.us/img82/8758/generationx00615mf3.th.jpghttp://img82.imageshack.us/img82/4295/generationx00616gr9.th.jpg

Hitman911
Originally posted by 2damnloud

nice cool

Hitman911
Jean and Crystal solo the feild.

2damnloud

laughing

Charlotte DeBel

Emma with prep>>pre-Phoenix Jean. Though the presence of Crystal is one of the major reasons why fog tricks aren't good while illusions are more reliable, quick and versalite.

h1a8

I think you got storm all f###ed up.
Those scans show nothing but human speed thought. In one scan she couldn't been dead if they had pulled the trigger. Supergirl will literally see her in still life. She would die before one neuron fires in her brain.

h1a8
Uhhhhh, she kinda can.

http://img63.imageshack.us/my.php?image=energyworld2io.jpg
http://img63.imageshack.us/my.php?image=energyworld24lq.jpg

http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=energyworld38nt.jpg
http://img122.imageshack.us/my.php?image=energyworld42xc.jpg

She can make out the energy patterns of ALL MATTER not just the elements. Uhm. She kinda can't.

First scan shows her touching to know. And seeing the energy an object has is different than seeing through the object. She will see the dirt in the ground but certain not the trap.
And even if she does, its too late for she would need to travel the speed of light to escape.

2damnloud
Uhm. She kinda can't.

First scan shows her touching to know. And seeing the energy an object has is different than seeing through the object. She will see the dirt in the ground but certain not the trap.
And even if she does, its too late for she would need to travel the speed of light to escape.

First scan does not indicate she has to "touch to know". Your wishful thinking.

Who said she'd have to escape the blast??shifty

A well written Storm can control solar winds with varitable ease, a nuke should be nothing. roll eyes (sarcastic)

fight continues.......

h1a8
First scan does not indicate she has to "touch to know". Your wishful thinking.

Who said she'd have to escape the blast??shifty

A well written Storm can control solar winds with varitable ease, a nuke should be nothing. roll eyes (sarcastic)

fight continues.......

Show me Storm controlling solar winds. Stop with the wild speculations now. That's not proof.
Plus nukes are entirely different. Any storm writer would look at you weird (a WTF look) if you said that storm can control a nuke explosion next to her. A nuke's energy is released at the speed of light.
Storm operates at peak human reflexes max.

Rutog98
Emma with prep>>pre-Phoenix Jean. Though the presence of Crystal is one of the major reasons why fog tricks aren't good while illusions are more reliable, quick and versalite.

Crystal can't do anything to Storm. Storm>>>>>>>Crystal.

Illusions requires entering somebody else's mind. There can be mental blocks there placed by a team telepath to create some problems for this or the person may be strong-willed and able to keep the invading telepath out of their mind. Storm's fog is perfect. The opposing teams don't have anyone with x-ray vision and Emma Frost can shield her team's minds from TP detection.

Rutog98
Uhm. She kinda can't.

Why would she need to escape? A nuke is a joke compared to what Sienna Blaze can dish out and Storm can redirect Sienna Blaze with her winds. (Sienna has enough power to split the planet like a ripe melon and Storm redirected a blast from her that temporarily burned Sienna out of power.) Having nukes on the battle field would work for Ororo's team as she could use her winds to redirect the full power of the nukes' force, radiation etc at the other team.

Rutog98
Show me Storm controlling solar winds. Stop with the wild speculations now. That's not proof.
Plus nukes are entirely different. Any storm writer would look at you weird (a WTF look) if you said that storm can control a nuke explosion next to her. A nuke's energy is released at the speed of light.

http://img215.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uxm99pg105cc.jpg

Rutog98

Storm and the White Queen with prep would solo the field much more realistically than these two.

2damnloud
Why would she need to escape? A nuke is a joke compared to what Sienna Blaze can dish out and Storm can redirect Sienna Blaze with her winds. (Sienna has enough power to split the planet like a ripe melon and Storm redirected a blast from her that temporarily burned Sienna out of power.) Having nukes on the battle field would work for Ororo's team as she could use her winds to redirect the full power of the nukes' force, radiation etc at the other team.

I forgot about that. eek!

Redirecting the full power of Sienna Blaze with an Electrically-charged Wind-tunnel while Cyclops blocks whatever excess and keeps it from hitting he, Xavier and Storm

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/797/xmenunlimited0114oe7.th.jpghttp://img361.imageshack.us/img361/763/xmenunlimited0141wh5.th.jpghttp://img361.imageshack.us/img361/1756/xmenunlimited0142fb5.th.jpg

Note that Sienna's blast are said to be similar to the power of the Phoenix.

You are correct.

h1a8

Nice scan.
But isn't she in a space suit riding on the solar winds?

There is no way storm is surviving a nuke (Nukes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>solar wind). Its just against all comic sense reasoning that she could.

Charlotte DeBel

Illusions requires entering somebody else's mind. There can be mental blocks there placed by a team telepath to create some problems for this or the person may be strong-willed and able to keep the invading telepath out of their mind. Storm's fog is perfect. The opposing teams don't have anyone with x-ray vision and Emma Frost can shield her team's minds from TP detection.

Storm's fog can be taken away by charactes with aerokinesis or superspeed (vortex), Supergirl's hurricane breath is also useful.

As for willpower stuff...it's not really a good defence against perception-altering, though desent against behavioral modification etc.

2damnloud
Nice scan.

There is no way storm is surviving a nuke (Nukes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>solar wind). Its just against all comic sense reasoning that she could.

laughing

RUNMAN
bump

Rutog98
Storm's fog can be taken away by charactes with aerokinesis or superspeed (vortex), Supergirl's hurricane breath is also useful.

As for willpower stuff...it's not really a good defence against perception-altering, though desent against behavioral modification etc.

Storm isn't going to let somebody sit there and run around to take out her fog. While they are trying to do that, she takes them out with any number of attacks. As far as the aerokinesis thing, if you are going on about Crystal here, Storm is a FAR more powerful elemental. Crystal will not be able to exert control over the air with Storm present.

As for willpower not being good against perception-altering, it is very good against that. The point of willpower a character strong enough here can keep a telepath from entering their minds. In other words, they are not going to be able to fry the strong-willed brain, enter it to plant images in their mind/manipulate it to see illusions, mind control, etc.

Rutog98
Nice scan.

That solar wind attack was backed by the full power of the sun. Also, solar wind>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>nuke.

Sienna Blaze>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>nuke.

Storm has also contained in her body the power of millions of stars.

BlueDMighty

Respect thread:

Storm rides on AND uses Solar winds to destroy a Sentinal.

BlueDMighty

Gale force 12!!!!!

WOW.

BlueDMighty
Storm and TP have a long history.

That being said, Emma has a history of boosting powers, by removing mental blocks.

With prep, conceivably, Emma could use some of that time to remove the blocks storm has in place. She could also amplify Storm's power to reflect what Rachel did in the savage land. With the time she has left over she could build any number of machines to help boost her own power.

Elektra has been given Vibranium Sais as a gift from the Queen.

She Hulk Receives a Vibranium mesh suit.

Every body is then issued an image inducer.

During battle:

With image reducers on (She Hulk posing as Storm, Elektra as Emma, and vice versa), the perfect storm drops on the battle field. Changing the landscape in every conceivable and inconceivable manner, making it VERY difficult to advance in a straight line.

Save the spot where team 2 is standing, which is protected by a pressure dome and obscured by fog. This gives Emma time to initiate her device. Amplifying her powers she projects mass and individual illusions causing dissent and disorientation.

As the numbers start to fall due to confusion and loss of life due to acts of God (Horrible weather on a biblical scale).

She hulk and Elektra (Still posing as Storm and Emma) begin to "Wet Work".

I'm just saying big grin
Team 2 could cause some trouble

When things realy get ugly,

Emma goes to diamond form, And Storm strats hurling her at people with Gale force big grin

Hitman911
Pre-Pheonix Jean>> Storm

Rutog98
Pre-Pheonix Jean>> Storm

lol. Is this a joke? Storm>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Non-Phoenix Jean Grey. Its not even close. Jean is nothing without the Phoenix Force. Sorry.

psy_blade
Can telepaths turn off the powers of non mutant super beings?

Charlotte DeBel
Most probably yes, at least "turn off" an area in someone's brain which is responsible for controlling\using powers. Emma is quite adept in that stuff.

h1a8
That solar wind attack was backed by the full power of the sun. Also, solar wind>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>nuke.

Sienna Blaze>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>nuke.

Storm has also contained in her body the power of millions of stars.

False, a nuke is many many many many times more devastating than solar wind. Full power my foot, there is not even a millionth of the Sun's power in solar wind. Mankind has built solar wind sails in real life that travel in space off the solar winds. Trust me if a nuke hit those sails then there would be nothing left but ashes. Plus why does storm wears a spacesuit to be protected in space then?

Charlotte DeBel
Storm has no or almost no control over radiation AFAIK, the solar wind is nothing more than stream of ionized particles (it includes electrons and alpha particles, but it has nothing to do with gamma-particles and other deadly components of a nuke).
Solar wind can be blocked by simple metal-foil. Try to use a foil to shield against a nuclear explosion...it's the weirdest way of suicide.

Storm controls neither gamma nor betha radiation, and alpha-particles aren't the major thing to cause a damage- they can be stopped by clothing and skin, and Storm's powers can prevent them from being breathed in in very believeable way.
So there's nothing odd about alpha particles. But nuclear components aren't just alpha particles and hydrogene ions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_wind
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_weapon

Rutog98
Storm has no or almost no control over radiation AFAIK, the solar wind is nothing more than stream of ionized particles (it includes electrons and alpha particles, but it has nothing to do with gamma-particles and other deadly components of a nuke).
Solar wind can be blocked by simple metal-foil. Try to use a foil to shield against a nuclear explosion...it's the weirdest way of suicide.

Storm controls neither gamma nor betha radiation, and alpha-particles aren't the major thing to cause a damage- they can be stopped by clothing and skin, and Storm's powers can prevent them from being breathed in in very believeable way.
So there's nothing odd about alpha particles. But nuclear components aren't just alpha particles and hydrogene ions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_wind
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_weapon

This is incorrect about Storm's powers.

In the 1991 80 page Winter Special from Marvel, Storm blocks solar flares from the sun that would have wiped out the entire planet by altering the entire planets ecosystem while also tapping into a machine that only shoots gamma rays and pulling out enough gamma rays to envelop the planetwhile at the same time using the energies from the Earth on a global level together to form a gamma-shield to block the sun blasts here:

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/7961/elementalcosmicturbulence5px.jpg

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/7356/elementalcosmicturbulence20af.jpg

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/9015/elementalcosmicturbulence35qd.jpg

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/8787/elementalcosmicturbulence47at.jpg

http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stormandthegalaticcore15zq.jpg

http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stormandthegalaticcore29bc.jpg

This stunt left out in deep space unprotected as it destroyed her space-ship. She can only survive a few minutes out in space unaided as it was established between Uncanny 160 and 165 (one of those issues). This stunt came from Uncanny 165. In Uncanny 166, we see her floating aimlessly in deep space in the last moments of her life when the Acanti find her and heal her. Here is the scan in Uncanny 166 that gives a flashback to what happened after this scene in 165:

http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmen198302uncannyxmen16ck3.jpg

RUNMAN
Can't we just have a pillow fight? smokin' smokin'

Rutog98
False, a nuke is many many many many times more devastating than solar wind. Full power my foot, there is not even a millionth of the Sun's power in solar wind. Mankind has built solar wind sails in real life that travel in space off the solar winds. Trust me if a nuke hit those sails then there would be nothing left but ashes. Plus why does storm wears a spacesuit to be protected in space then?

I was just quoting the caption with the "full power of a star" thing.

Anyway, in regards to why storm wears a spacesuit in space, I addressed it in my post above this one.

Oh, and for the record, Storm's winds>>>>>>>Nuke.

Hitman911

Oh, and for the record, Storm's winds>>>>>>>Nuke.
laughing
nonsense

Hitman911

ummmm......Supergirl wink

Rutog98
laughing
nonsense

The lady can generate winds strong enough to level a mountain, strain Magneto's powers to the utmost, and even more impressive than these these by far, she can redirect Sienna Blaze's powers. A nuke is a laughing joke compared to Sienna who can split the planet like a ripe melon with her powers. Splitting the planet>>>>>>>>>>>>Nuke. LOL! laughing

2damnloud
damn shame people are saying the solar damn winds are<<<<<<nuke.

You all will say anything to rob the character.

I'm not sure if it's the bigoted/sexist motivation, though. I think it's just to be disagreeable because some of us Storm fans most often times says she'll win.

It's still a damn shame.

h1a8
The lady can generate winds strong enough to level a mountain, strain Magneto's powers to the utmost, and even more impressive than these these by far, she can redirect Sienna Blaze's powers. A nuke is a laughing joke compared to Sienna who can split the planet like a ripe melon with her powers. Splitting the planet>>>>>>>>>>>>Nuke. LOL! laughing

Have you heard of one of these three things before:

BS

PIS

Plot device

A nuke will vaporize Storm. Simple as that.

Rutog98
Have you heard of one of these three things before:

BS

PIS

Plot device

A nuke will vaporize Storm. Simple as that.

Have you heard of desperation before? That's you. Storm has these power levels as they were given to her. Deal with it.

h1a8
Have you heard of desperation before? That's you. Storm has these power levels as they were given to her. Deal with it.
WTF!
So storm is immune to a nuke?
So storm is immune to a bullet?

You must know that abc logic fails.
Spider-man, Cap, etc, has been hit by Hulk and other super strong beings that hit harder and with more damage than a mere bullet.
Now I would guess that Spider-man, Cap, etc. are all bulletproof right?
Wrong.

Plus the energy in nukes explode and expand at the speed of light. It will kill her before one neuron fires in her brains.

Hitman911

There is no way she could survive a nuke.

Rutog98
There is no way she could survive a nuke.

The nuke's energy will never hit her as her winds will redirect it.

Charlotte DeBel
eek! confused What the f**k?

Hitman911

there no way she could do that on earth. F*ck what she did in space.......that's another story. I'm saying with her (consistent)earthbound powers she would die.

Hitman911
WTF!
So storm is immune to a nuke?
So storm is immune to a bullet?

You must know that abc logic fails.
Spider-man, Cap, etc, has been hit by Hulk and other super strong beings that hit harder and with more damage than a mere bullet.
Now I would guess that Spider-man, Cap, etc. are all bulletproof right?
Wrong.

Plus the energy in nukes explode and expand at the speed of light. It will kill her before one neuron fires in her brains.

sooo true!!!

Nuke>>>>>>>>Any earth-borne force of nature minus a volcanic eruption. Tornado strength winds 400mph+ are nothing to a nuke.
She dies.

2damnloud
sooo true!!!

Nuke>>>>>>>>Any earth-borne force of nature minus a volcanic eruption. Tornado strength winds 400mph+ are nothing to a nuke.
She dies.

So dumb laughing out loud

Grifter07
WW's team is heavy power. Current Mys is a beast.

Grifter07
So dumb laughing out loud So reported. laughing out loud

Hitman911
So dumb laughing out loud You believe she can stop a nuke blast?!?!?!? laughing out loud roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rutog98
You believe she can stop a nuke blast?!?!?!? laughing out loud roll eyes (sarcastic)

Of course. She has done FAR more impressive things with her winds

psy_blade
Fog won't work because Sue can make it invisible and make the field visible again.
Emma's psy illusions with prep won't work either because Jean is a superior telepath and can make any machine Emma builds explode.
Elektra kills Selina.
Wonder Woman and Supergirl go at it for days.
Nova and Binary goes up to space for a larger battlefield.
Jubilee makes every atom of shadowcat explode.
Pretty much even so no one wins between Lady deathstrike and Mystique.
Psylocke makes Crystal explode.
Polaris freezes everyone.
Sue puts invisible bubbles inside everyone including Polaris.
Binary defeats Nova.
Team 6 is the winner.

Hitman911

When has she ever leveled a mountain?!?!?!?
Scans please big grin

Hitman911
Originally posted by psy_blade
Fog won't work because Sue can make it invisible and make the field visible again.
Emma's psy illusions with prep won't work either because Jean is a superior telepath and can make any machine Emma builds explode.
Elektra kills Selina.
Binary defeats Nova.
Team 6 is the winner. thumb up

Gecko4lif
After MUCH fapping i have decided that team 4 wins

Rutog98
Originally posted by psy_blade
Elektra kills Selina.
Binary defeats Nova.
Team 6 is the winner.

Fog will work as it will be continually generated by nature. Sue can only render it invisible after it has manifested so she will always be playing catch-up.

Jean withouth the PF is not stronger than Emma unless you ignore PIS. That said, Emma can walk on the field with the machine already on her head.

Hitman911
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
After MUCH fapping i have decided that team 4 wins Diana gets triple teamed.

Gecko4lif
Diana gets triple teamed.

*orgasms*

SuperiorTech
team 5 ftw nova goes into space put's in a call to galactus fight's pretty much over.

h1a8
Fog will work as it will be continually generated by nature. Sue can only render it invisible after it has manifested so she will always be playing catch-up.

Jean withouth the PF is not stronger than Emma unless you ignore PIS. That said, Emma can walk on the field with the machine already on her head.

Do you know how Sue's invisible powers work?
She bends light around any area without distortion. As long as fog is in the area then it will be invisible, as the light in the area is already bent.

2damnloud
Storm can still see her.

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/541/energyworld38nt.jpg
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/5931/energyworld42xc.jpg
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7905/energyworld57hb.jpg

Clear as frickin daylaughing out loud

Hitman911
Storm can still see her.

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/541/energyworld38nt.jpg
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/5931/energyworld42xc.jpg
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7905/energyworld57hb.jpg

Storm is Hot!!!
Team 6 FTW!!!

JuliaChangRulz
Team 1 wins. Why?

1. Sue is a genius. 1 week of prep. Do the math.

2. They have two EXTREMELY powerful force-field makers. Psylocke and Sue. And YES, I did type Psylocke, that wasn't a typo! She's a telekinetic now, not a telepath.

3. They are not completely vulnerable to telepaths as others in this thread have claimed. As Psylocke is currently immune to TP and Rogue's mind has always been hard to attack even when she didn't have Ms. Marvel's powers. Oh, and doesn't Sue's force-fields shield attacks from telepaths? I remember reading it somewhere...I think it was in a Jean vs. Invisible Woman debate...

4. Death touch FTW. Oh, and remember that one week of prep....yeah, how many people could Rogue absorb in that amount of time? Just think of the possibilities...

5. They're all hot. Catwoman can just sit there and look pretty while the others do all the hard work. wink

Hitman911
People crack me up when they think that Jean Grey is some type of pushover when not hosting the PF!! laughing

JuliaChangRulz
Umm...I'm not sure if this directed at me or not, but I guess I could just say that while Jean is definitely no pushover she and her team still wouldn't win this match-up.

psy_blade

Sue creates invisible energy field, once fog enters it will be invisible. And then she can start putting invisible shields inside everyone. That's how her power works.

Thats ridic, everyone knows Jean is superior tp than Emma. Thats a given. Even without the whole phoenix crap she still wouldve grown up to be an omega mutant. Xavier even knew she would surpass him someday.

Team Binary will win though because of Binary.

SuperiorTech

Jean's an omega level mutant even without the pheonix force she is also more powerful and unlike Rachel who lost to emma because she lacked experience that's not the case with jean.The only thing emma has on jean is she is willing to do thing's with her power's that jean probably wouldnt.

Hitman911
Exactly!!!
People dismiss Jean without the PF. No one else on this list is qualified to host the PF. Shouldn't that tell you something about the potential of Jean? wink

h1a8
Storm can still see her.

No my son.
This doesn't prove that Storm can see Sue. It also doesn't prove that it matters. We were arguing that Sue can see Storm (not the other way around).

Remember Sue bends electromagnetic waves around her perfectly.
So there is no electromagnetic waves bouncing back to Storms eye for her to dectect. Also, the panels you showed mentioned that Storm can detect the change in electrons leading up to a lightning strike (meaning that she maybe can see energy patterns in the form of electrons). Now Sue's powers are from exotic hyperspace energy (no mere electrons here) and thus it is not only faulty to assume that Storm can see or detect this type of energy but it is faulty to assume that Storm can see or detect any type energy in the universe just with that scan. Lastly, the first scan doesn't explain how Storm knew they were watching her. It also shows that she knew that the handmaidens were her jailors. Not this information is not available to just energy patterns. So it stands to reason that she used logical thinking to figure that out.

h1a8
Originally posted by JuliaChangRulz
Team 1 wins. Why?

1. Sue is a genius. 1 week of prep. Do the math.

2. They have two EXTREMELY powerful force-field makers. Psylocke and Sue. And YES, I did type Psylocke, that wasn't a typo! She's a telekinetic now, not a telepath.

3. They are not completely vulnerable to telepaths as others in this thread have claimed. As Psylocke is currently immune to TP and Rogue's mind has always been hard to attack even when she didn't have Ms. Marvel's powers. Oh, and doesn't Sue's force-fields shield attacks from telepaths? I remember reading it somewhere...I think it was in a Jean vs. Invisible Woman debate...

4. Death touch FTW. Oh, and remember that one week of prep....yeah, how many people could Rogue absorb in that amount of time? Just think of the possibilities...

5. They're all hot. Catwoman can just sit there and look pretty while the others do all the hard work. wink

Great stuff man! smile

2damnloud
No my son.
This doesn't prove that Storm can see Sue. It also doesn't prove that it matters. We were arguing that Sue can see Storm (not the other way around).

Remember Sue bends electromagnetic waves around her perfectly.
So there is no electromagnetic waves bouncing back to Storms eye for her to dectect. Also, the panels you showed mentioned that Storm can detect the change in electrons leading up to a lightning strike (meaning that she maybe can see energy patterns in the form of electrons). Now Sue's powers are from exotic hyperspace energy (no mere electrons here) and thus it is not only faulty to assume that Storm can see or detect this type of energy but it is faulty to assume that Storm can see or detect any type energy in the universe just with that scan. Lastly, the first scan doesn't explain how Storm knew they were watching her. It also shows that she knew that the handmaidens were her jailors. Not this information is not available to just energy patterns. So it stands to reason that she used logical thinking to figure that out.

Uhhh, the entire universe is built off the stuff Storm controls and percieves. This is how was able to control the Trion dimension, the weather on Hala in a different dimension, and also control the Galactic Core.

Since it's scientifically impossible for anyone to observe sub-atomic particles since photons would have to relect off of them so the human eye can see, we have to assume that Storm's powers don't work that way since she can clearly see matter itself broken down to energy(where even the atoms are broken down)so it is inconsequnetial that Sue can bend light around herself since photon reflection is not needed for Storm to be able to see her.

Storm's a smart woman, and she's very perceptive.

She was using her second site to try to find a way out of there.

Notice it says: "Until she has the key that'll unlock not only her cell, but Khan's entire Citadel"

She was viewing her surroundings with that second site.

It's like x-ray vision on steroids.

She'd see Sue.erm

h1a8
Uhhh, the entire universe is built off the stuff Storm controls and percieves. This is how was able to control the Trion dimension, the weather on Hala in a different dimension, and also control the Galactic Core.

Since it's scientifically impossible for anyone to observe sub-atomic particles since photons would have to relect off of them so the human eye can see, we have to assume that Storm's powers don't work that way since she can clearly see matter itself broken down to energy(where even the atoms are broken down)so it is inconsequnetial that Sue can bend light around herself since photon reflection is not needed for Storm to be able to see her.

Storm's a smart woman, and she's very perceptive.

She was using her second site to try to find a way out of there.
'
Notice it says: "Until she has the key that'll unlock not only her cell, but Khan's entire Citadel"

She was viewing her surroundings with that second site.

It's like x-ray vision on steroids.

She'd see Sue.erm
It is faulty to assume that the entire universe is built off the stuff Storm controls and percieves based off her being able to control weather in another place and stuff. Also just because one can control something doesn't mean that they can perceive it through sight. For example, I can control wind to a certain extent but still can't see it.

You ignored the fact that it doesn't matter if Storm can see Sue.
Now your second paragraph doesn't make any sense. So I will try to interpret what you mean. You're falsely assuming that photons are the size of electrons or larger. If that is the case then we humans wouldn't be able to see lightning or electricity since those are nothing but electrons.
'Scientifically impossible for someone' only implies human's vision and not even technology (Storm and our technology is not human). Some humans can see smaller objects than others and so can certain comic characters than other comic characters. But yet they still see with their eyes. Now I didn't argue that Storm can see certain energy patterns with a second sight. I'm arguing that its impossible from the scans you showed that she can see Sue when Sue not only bends electromagnetic waves perfectly but it is not known whether Storm can perceive hyperspace energy without having photons bounce back to her (assuming that photons even bounce off hyperspace energy).

2damnloud
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sue bends light, nothing more.

Photons are incosequential to Storm actually SEEING her.

Storm can see Sue while Sue's invisible.

Storm had no trouble controling another dimension with different laws of physics and beating fod beings of said dimension.

Sue is no different.

SuperiorTech
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Storm had no trouble controling another dimension with different laws of physics and beating fod beings of said dimension.

Sue is no different.

Until i see her do it im gonna go with she cant see sue.

h1a8
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sue is no different.

1. She does more than bend electromagnetic waves!

2. False, you or your scans haven't proved that one yet. I even proved that electrons are even visible to the human eye.

3. You haven't proved this either and are still ignoring that it doesn't matter.

4. Controlling something and perceiving it visually are two different things. You are getting irritating now. Please address the arguments I gave you and stop ignoring them. And Sue is different. Her powers have nothing to do with that other dimension you are talking about.

This is one of your arguments in standard form:

If one is able control some energy of another dimension then they can perceive visually any energy in the universe.

Storm has proven to control some energy in another dimension.

Thus Storm can perceive any energy anywhere in the universe.

Do you see the error in reasoning?
The first premise is faulty. Do you see how? If not then I will gladly give you a counterexample.

ExodusCloak
Storm can alter her vision to perceive electrical energy patterns as well as those factors responsible for existing meteorological phenomena in her surrounding environment.

Sues "invisible" powers work by shunting light away from herself and she can also bend that light so they do not make contact with Storms retina...therefore Sue would in fact be invisible to Storm. Even more so...Sue can render Storm totally blind by making Ororo's retina invisible.

But Storm doesn't really need to see to know where Sue is. Storm can feel atmospheric shifts due to her attunement to the enviroment. If Sue moves around, Storm should have a vague idea of where she is.

On a side note... Sues shields do not block out Telepathy, they block Telekinesis. And both Ms. Marvel Rogue and Current Rogue would go down hard by telepathy.

That said...both Team 1 and Team 2 go down hard.

It comes down to Team 4 and Team 6...mainly because of Wonder Women and Binary. And I'd go with White Hole Binary.

Team 6 ftw.

2damnloud
1. She does more than bend electromagnetic waves!

2. False, you or your scans haven't proved that one yet. I even proved that electrons are even visible to the human eye.

3. You haven't proved this either and are still ignoring that it doesn't matter.

4. Controlling something and perceiving it visually are two different things. You are getting irritating now. Please address the arguments I gave you and stop ignoring them. And Sue is different. Her powers have nothing to do with that other dimension you are talking about.

This is one of your arguments in standard form:

If one is able control some energy of another dimension then they can perceive visually any energy in the universe.

Storm has proven to control some energy in another dimension.

Thus Storm can perceive any energy anywhere in the universe.

Do you see the error in reasoning?
The first premise is faulty. Do you see how? If not then I will gladly give you a counterexample.

Prove Sue bends more than light.

Light is not needed for Storm to see her.

You do not SEE electrons in lightning. What you are infact seeing is the resultant superheated air GLOWING a bluish-white color(sometimes red) which is infact plasma.

"Hyperspace" is in THIS universe . It is simply when you reach speeds faster that the speed of light in THIS UNIVERSE that you reach "hyperspace", nothing more.

Light is not a factor in Storm seeing Sue.

And you also need to prove that it is just "some" energy in which Storm controls.

I refuse to indulge someone who is ignorant in soooooooo many things.

JuliaChangRulz
Are you sure that Sue can't block telepathy? I distinctly remember reading about it somewhere...hmm...

Either way, it doesn't matter. Sue isn't the only one on Team 1 and she certainly isn't the deciding factor that wins it for the team either. Psylocke's there too, and while her telekinesis probably can't produce as strong shields as Sue, she still is a big asset to this fight. Oh, and Betsy IS immune to telepathy. So no, saying that Team 1 goes down due to telepathy is wrong. And yes, Rogue has been consistently shown to be RESISTANT to telepathy. She's not completely immune, but in a fight it could provide precious few seconds that can mean winning or losing.

Oh, and aren't we forgetting about the prep? Sue is still a genius and I can see her inventing, perhaps, telepathic shields. Or maybe not. Then there's Rogue, like I said before, how many people can she permanently absorb in that amount of time? Imagine how powerful she could become by the time the 1 week is over...

Yeah, I see no hope for the rest of the teams. This fight turns into a rape.

ExodusCloak
Are you sure that Sue can't block telepathy? I distinctly remember reading about it somewhere...hmm...

Either way, it doesn't matter. Sue isn't the only one on Team 1 and she certainly isn't the deciding factor that wins it for the team either. Psylocke's there too, and while her telekinesis probably can't produce as strong shields as Sue, she still is a big asset to this fight. Oh, and Betsy IS immune to telepathy. So no, saying that Team 1 goes down due to telepathy is wrong. And yes, Rogue has been consistently shown to be RESISTANT to telepathy. She's not completely immune, but in a fight it could provide precious few seconds that can mean winning or losing.

Oh, and aren't we forgetting about the prep? Sue is still a genius and I can see her inventing, perhaps, telepathic shields. Or maybe not. Then there's Rogue, like I said before, how many people can she permanently absorb in that amount of time? Imagine how powerful she could become by the time the 1 week is over...

Yeah, I see no hope for the rest of the teams. This fight turns into a rape.

Nope Emma's gotten through her Shields with her telepathy. Sue blocked Jeans telekinesis in that issue you were refering to. That Jean didn't have Telepathy when she emerged from the cacoon.

Rogue/Ms Marvel and Current Rogue have been taken out fairly easy by High order telepaths. Probing Ms. Marvel Rogue is difficult due to the dual persona...knocking her out isn't and has been done before. Same with current Rogue. Emma managed to sedate her fairly easily...besides Current Rogue is barely in coherent control of her own mind.

Sue is not a genius...she's married to one though.

Psylocke is the only one completely immune to telepathy but she can still be killed via conventional means.

Niether of the teams go far though. I'd say the Rogue death touch/prep thing is an interesting strategy although I'm not sure if that goes against forum rules as it involves other characters who aren't involved in this fight. That's like Sue going to Reed for help during prep. Or She-Hulk shacking up with Tony Stark in order to get an invention from him for this match up.

Team 4 or 6 ftw...and I'd give it to Binary.

JuliaChangRulz
Nice points. Though I still have to disagree with you about Sue not being a genius. I mean, she does get overshadowed by Reed and so her smarts are rarely shown. But she is a genius. And honestly, I don't think getting her hands on telepathic blockers would be that hard. If Emma can create one, which to my knowledge she has, than I don't see Sue having a problem making one. Though it isn't necessary to win the fight, just a thought.

As for Rogue...I agree that probing her mind and attacking it are two different things and they do differ in level of difficultly. But the fact is she has been shown to be resistant against attacks as a byproduct of having two minds inside her. Currently, she has millions inside her head. So who knows how that could've have affected her resistance...

Anyway, to prove my point, I specifically remember Betsy (when a telepath, during the outback era) having a hard time trying to attack her mind. Not sure of the exact issue, but there ya go. And though Betsy isn't a high-order telepath, or was actually, she certainly wasn't THAT below Jean and Emma in terms of raw power. She has managed to fend off Shadow King before, after all. Oh, as for currently...I do remember Emma saying she sedated her...but I thought she meant with a drug and not her telepathy...maybe I was wrong?

As for Rogue gaining powers...heck, she doesn't have to absorb characters outside of the fight. She does have the option of absorbing her own teammates, adding Betsy's telekinesis and immunity to telepathy and/or Sue's force fields. From there on she can go and absorb other big players in the battle and collect a vast array of powers, leading ultimately to her winning. That's just a scenario, however. Not sure how it would actually turn out. But with Psylocke and Sue's powers, she definitely would have a good chance of winning.

ExodusCloak
Nice points. Though I still have to disagree with you about Sue not being a genius. I mean, she does get overshadowed by Reed and so her smarts are rarely shown. But she is a genius. And honestly, I don't think getting her hands on telepathic blockers would be that hard. If Emma can create one, which to my knowledge she has, than I don't see Sue having a problem making one. Though it isn't necessary to win the fight, just a thought.

As for Rogue...I agree that probing her mind and attacking it are two different things and they do differ in level of difficultly. But the fact is she has been shown to be resistant against attacks as a byproduct of having two minds inside her. Currently, she has millions inside her head. So who knows how that could've have affected her resistance...

Anyway, to prove my point, I specifically remember Betsy (when a telepath, during the outback era) having a hard time trying to attack her mind. Not sure of the exact issue, but there ya go. And though Betsy isn't a high-order telepath, or was actually, she certainly wasn't THAT below Jean and Emma in terms of raw power. She has managed to fend off Shadow King before, after all. Oh, as for currently...I do remember Emma saying she sedated her...but I thought she mean with a drug and not her telepathy...maybe I was wrong.

As for Rogue gaining powers...heck, she doesn't have to absorb characters outside of the fight. She does have the option of absorbing her own teammates, adding Betsy's telekinesis and immunity to telepathy and/or Sue's force fields. From there on she can go and absorb other big players in the battle and collect a vast array of powers, leading ultimately to her winning. That's just a scenario, however. Not sure how it would actually turn out. But with Psylocke and Sue's powers, she definitely would have a good change of winning.

Do you have anything or remember anything that suggests Sue being a genius? erm Has she ever built anything? It could be true...If so then I must not be aware of it.

Emma is pretty intelligent herself...especially when it comes to machinery and psionics though. It one of those talents that she rarely ever uses now that she's a good guy.

Exodus in Bloodties and Legion IRRC have downed Ms Marvel Rogue pretty quickly with a mind blast. I think Sinister has as well IRRC. Crimson Dawn Psylocke pretty much got pwned by the Shadow King on the Astral Plane for the majority of both issue #77 and #78. He destroyed her with ease and the Crimson Dawn saved her fragmented form. Afterwards he got arrogant, and telepathically merged with every mind on the planet making a novice mistake and leaving his nexus unguarded. Psylocke destroyed his nexus and he was trapped again on the Astral Plane.
Emma sedated Rogue telepathically at the start of the telepathic session IRRC in X-Men #200.

That Rogue idea could actually work. Although isn't Betsy's Reality Warping Immunity and Telepathic Immunity down to Jamie fiddiling with her Quantum Strings rather then Genetic Mutation. I wonder if Rogue's power would work on that? Either way I don't think anyone on her team has the super speed or reflexes in their powerset to compete with Binary or Wonder Women. Sure Sue + Psylockes Shields would make an amazing defence especially since Sues shield held for a very short while against WW Hulk but the magnitude of the Speed Diana and Carol use combined with Class 100 punches is just too much for an amalgam Rogue with inferior reflexes to keep up.

Still say team 4 or 6.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>