Black Bolt's Scream vs. Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nikkolas
BB raises his voice to its maximum a foot in front of Superman.

What happens?

Superboy Prime
If Superman's lucky he will be KOed for weeks...but I think he should just be dead.

TricksterPriest
It's not gonna kill him. It will hurt like hell, but I'm not sure if it will KO him.

Superboy Prime
I'm a big Supes fan, but IMO if he does not die he should at least be KOed. For some reason I find Supes shrugging off Blackbolt's scream set to maximum is kind of messy.

One question...has Blackbolt ever done it? Scream to maximum I mean. And if he has...what happened...and did anyone survive?

charlemagne9746
If it knocked Gladiator down..it would probably knock Superman down...it wouldn't kill him though

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
I'm a big Supes fan, but IMO if he does not die he should at least be KOed. For some reason I find Supes shrugging off Blackbolt's scream set to maximum is kind of messy.

One question...has Blackbolt ever done it? Scream to maximum I mean. And if he has...what happened...and did anyone survive?

Only once that I can recall, has he gone full blast with a scream. That was in earth X.

And I don't think Supes will take it just like that. It will leave him woozy and probably in a good deal of pain.

Superboy Prime
Gladiator is not Superman though. True they have the same powers...but alas they are two different characters...also Superman's invulnerability is off the charts.

strengthkills
Gladiator is not Superman though. True they have the same powers...but alas they are two different characters...also Superman's invulnerability is off the charts. not to mention his super-hearing roll eyes (sarcastic)

strengthkills
Gladiator is not Superman though. True they have the same powers...but alas they are two different characters...also Superman's invulnerability is off the charts. not to mention his super-hearing roll eyes (sarcastic)

Superboy Prime
Too bad you don't have his vision powers so you can avoid making double posts, champ. hysterical

Deathstroke
Originally posted by strengthkills
not to mention his super-hearing roll eyes (sarcastic)

I thought his scream had to do with electrons and not actual loudness.

Symmetric Chaos
It rips the bioaura off Superman long enough to seriously mess him up physically.

UniOmni
It should vaporize him and any other character without a special coating.

Darksaint
not to mention his super-hearing roll eyes (sarcastic)

Too bad BB's power isn't about sonic waves/sound, but how he manipulates electrons.

Darksaint
Originally posted by UniOmni
It should vaporize him and any other character without a special coating.

That's why Supes got his aura.

Still, Superman would still be in bad shape tough.

carver9
Anyone under thanos should get vaporized. By the way black bolt never used his scream to the maximum. He use it particially and destroyed and entire city but it wasnt his best scream.

When he use it on people he just whisper. He whispered with gladiator and dont say that superman is more durable than glads because both have done some amazing things with there durability. Gladiator did fly out of a blast that was stated could destroy a universe unfazed.

A whisper knocked hulk out, almost killed apocalypse, koed magneto with his forcefield up, etc.....

A full scream would kill superman plus everything around him. A whisper to the ear should temporarily knock him the hell out.

UniOmni
Superman has an aura that can be manipulated.

It's not like a bonafide forcefield.

Hence him being cut on an extremely sharp blade, ala Wonderwoman.

Do you understand what having the electrons blown off your atoms should do to someone in a logical world?

Vaporization, or a literal unmaking.

He should be a mere memory if comics used the sciences as a reference point at least, which would validate the voice not being used at all.

carver9

Do you understand what having the electrons blown off your atoms should do to someone in a logical world?

He should be a mere memory if comics used the sciences as a reference point at least, which would validate the voice not being used at all.

Didnt think of it like that but your post makes sense. Plus he got cut by equus who also had sharp blades.

Caps Conscience
Supe would just have to take that lost. Its OK it happens to the best of us. Except for Cap.usaflag

TricksterPriest
The Equus example was PIS. 2nd, Supes getting cut by Wonder Woman is a bad example, since her tiara (which I assume did the cutting) is a major league magic weapon.

Juntai

He should be a mere memory if comics used the sciences as a reference point at least, which would validate the voice not being used at all. Her sword does that because it's MAGIC, not because it's sharp.

Superman is probably hurt, but he will survive, and probably not even be KOed, especially after having survived similar with banshee. Who's scream is written to be the equivelent to 10 atomic bombs, while Blackbolts profile ranks his as a single one.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by Caps Conscience
Supe would just have to take that lost. Its OK it happens to the best of us. Except for Cap.usaflag

Ultimate Cap is better.

jollyjim311
By all rights it should kill him. It wouldn't be written that way, but it should.

He would still lose by K.O. or BFR, though.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by jollyjim311
By all rights it should kill him. It wouldn't be written that way, but it should.

He would still lose by K.O. or BFR, though.

Bolt's good, but I think I'd give Supes the majority over him.

UniOmni
Originally posted by Juntai
Her sword does that because it's MAGIC, not because it's sharp.

Superman is probably hurt, but he will survive, and probably not even be KOed, especially after having survived similar with banshee. Who's scream is written to be the equivelent to 10 atomic bombs, while Blackbolts profile ranks his as a single one.

I thought it was created to be sharp enough to shave an electron off an atom?

That's different than being enchanted to be able to cut anything. That's just being sharp on a scientific level.

And Banshee isn't BB.

Nowadays, it'd likely be the same in type, since Marvel is slowly but surely turning him into a superstrong guy with a superstrong sonic scream, while phasing out his uber electron control for some odd reason, but in a world that makes sense him and the silver Banshee are two entirely different animals, with him being the much more powerful animal.

His voice is supposed to severely scramble all the electrons in the immediate area, with the more effort he puts into the words, the more drastic the reaction.

Capable of blowing the electrons off an atom.

That's much more dangerous than a sonic shriek.

Do you know what should happen to anybody who has their electrons blown off their atoms, i repeat?

And Equus from For Tomorrow and others show that Superman can be cut and isn't imperviously shielded.

Unless you wanna go the route of TP and just throw it out the window cuz you don't like it?

Would Superman survive a scream?

I highly doubt it, but i'm pretty sure it wouldn't get to that point in a comic anyways.

SpunkySmurph
Her sword does that because it's MAGIC, not because it's sharp.

Superman is probably hurt, but he will survive, and probably not even be KOed, especially after having survived similar with banshee. Who's scream is written to be the equivelent to 10 atomic bombs, while Blackbolts profile ranks his as a single one. Would a Watcher be overpowered by a single atomic bomb?

Could a single atomic bomb destroy the Negative Barrier, or a dome that Thor, and a Skrull Nuke couldn't scratch?

strengthkills
Too bad you don't have his vision powers so you can avoid making double posts, champ. hysterical have fun laughing by yourself Happy Dance

strengthkills
Originally posted by carver9
Anyone under thanos should get vaporized. By the way black bolt never used his scream to the maximum. He use it particially and destroyed and entire city but it wasnt his best scream.

When he use it on people he just whisper. He whispered with gladiator and dont say that superman is more durable than glads because both have done some amazing things with there durability. Gladiator did fly out of a blast that was stated could destroy a universe unfazed.

A whisper knocked hulk out, almost killed apocalypse, koed magneto with his forcefield up, etc.....

A full scream would kill superman plus everything around him. A whisper to the ear should temporarily knock him the hell out. thanos gets his A$$ vaporized too theres nuthin special about his durability its metahuman at best

SpunkySmurph
thanos gets his A$$ vaporized too theres nuthin special about his durability its metahuman at best Bran responding in 3... 2...

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Bran responding in 3... 2... What do you take me for, Trickster?
Anyway...
thanos gets his A$$ vaporized too theres nuthin special about his durability its metahuman at best Just becauzes I feelz liek itz.
http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/1730/xha98p30ia5.th.jpg
http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/2458/xha98p31hj1.th.jpg

nvrbeenwthagirl
Silver Banshee's Scream is actual sound and is highly Supernatural. they aren't even the same at all. BB's full blast scream would hurt Superman. That's about it. Won't Ko him. Superman's invulnerability is probably the closest to Thanos' own on the hero side besides captain marvel's.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
What do you take me for, Trickster?
Just don't start saying you're going to scanblitz Thanos haters. ermmnone

carver9
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Silver Banshee's Scream is actual sound and is highly Supernatural. they aren't even the same at all. BB's full blast scream would hurt Superman. That's about it. Won't Ko him. Superman's invulnerability is probably the closest to Thanos' own on the hero side besides captain marvel's.

Dont agree. I dont think equus on his best day could harm thanos like he did superman. I dont think that general zod could one punch thanos and break his jaw. I dont think wonder woman on her best day could break thanos ribs. I dont think that sharpnel would ever make thanos bleed from the mouth. I dont think that a member from the fatal five could ever blow the ground from under thanos making him bleed from the mouth and nose. I dont think that a ship would give thanos bruises and black eyes. I dont think that captain marvel would ever one punch thanos koing him with a single punch.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Just don't start saying you're going to scanblitz Thanos haters. ermmnone

Given the crap I have to deal with the Apocalypse haters, (which is about half the board stick out tongue ) I'd think you'd cut me some slack.

Question. What does Equus have that makes his cutting Supes, not PIS? K-nite? strength feats, etc? Because I never saw anything from him that puts him on Superman's level.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Dont agree. I dont think equus on his best day could harm thanos like he did superman. I dont think that general zod could one punch thanos and break his jaw. I dont think wonder woman on her best day could break thanos ribs. I dont think that sharpnel would ever make thanos bleed from the mouth. I dont think that a member from the fatal five could ever blow the ground from under thanos making him bleed from the mouth and nose. I dont think that a ship would give thanos bruises and black eyes. I dont think that captain marvel would ever one punch thanos koing him with a single punch.

Wonder Woman and Superman have both held black holes in thier hands. And yet a black hole nearly killed Thanos. also have to realize that DC heroes generally operate on a whole other power lvl. It is even stated in the CANON jla avengers book. Thanos in DC wouldn't even be as strong as Despero if you ask me. The dials go up to Eleven in DC. now chew on that. when you show me Three marvel heroes towing a planet, let me know.

carver9
Wonder Woman and Superman have both held black holes in thier hands. And yet a black hole nearly killed Thanos. also have to realize that DC heroes generally operate on a whole other power lvl. It is even stated in the CANON jla avengers book. Thanos in DC wouldn't even be as strong as Despero if you ask me. The dials go up to Eleven in DC. now chew on that. when you show me Three marvel heroes towing a planet, let me know.

When you show me one dc character destroying a planet with there fist then you call me. Marvel and dc are equal in power. There is nothing stated to prove different.

Thor have destroyed planets under his own power. Beta ray bill has destroyed planets. Gladiator has also done the same, damn, gladiator has moved planets under his own power but you have superman needing the aid of wonder woman and martian manhunter to move a planet.

Now I would like for you to put up some scans of superman STANDING (NOT FLYING THRU A MOON) on top of a planet destroying it, he never did it. I can put up a scan from each doing what i just advised you of.

carver9
By the way superman cant move no planet. He had to sundip in order to move war world. Damn some people dont know what they are talking about. The sad thing about it was that war world was the size of pluto, not even close to the size of earth and he had to sun dip but gladiator has done those feats under his own power.

nvrbeenwthagirl
When you show me one dc character destroying a planet with there fist then you call me. Marvel and dc are equal in power. There is nothing stated to prove different.

Thor have destroyed planets under his own power. Beta ray bill has destroyed planets. Gladiator has also done the same, damn, gladiator has moved planets under his own power but you have superman needing the aid of wonder woman and martian manhunter to move a planet.

Now I would like for you to put up some scans of superman STANDING (NOT FLYING THRU A MOON) on top of a planet destroying it, he never did it. I can put up a scan from each doing what i just advised you of.

the Characters in marvel who have destroyed planets have one, destroyed smaller planets from what I have seen, than earth, and two, used some kind of weapon or energy. I'm sure Superman or wonderwoman can move the earth too if they weren't pulling AGAINST the sun's gravity. would be easy to move it in another direction. We dont' know how big the star gladiator was pulling against, or the mass of the planet, or which way. And yes, Even captain america said that DC heroes where generally more powerful. So just let that one go.

nvrbeenwthagirl
By the way superman cant move no planet. He had to sundip in order to move war world. Damn some people dont know what they are talking about. The sad thing about it was that war world was the size of pluto, not even close to the size of earth and he had to sun dip but gladiator has done those feats under his own power.

You do realize that Pluto has no mass, and that war world has many many lvls in it with all kinds of weapons and such. it's actually very very dense and heavy. Size and mass dont' always equate.

Jebus reborn

Now I would like for you to put up some scans of superman STANDING (NOT FLYING THRU A MOON) on top of a planet destroying it, he never did it. I can put up a scan from each doing what i just advised you of. As much as I don't agree with previous statements, I completely agree with you here.

Jebus reborn
the Characters in marvel who have destroyed planets have one, destroyed smaller planets from what I have seen, than earth, and two, used some kind of weapon or energy. I'm sure Superman or wonderwoman can move the earth too if they weren't pulling AGAINST the sun's gravity. would be easy to move it in another direction. We dont' know how big the star gladiator was pulling against, or the mass of the planet, or which way. And yes, Even captain america said that DC heroes where generally more powerful. So just let that one go. Every time a planet is ever moved... it has to be moved against the sun's gravity... no expression
I don't see why you always bring that up.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
Every time a planet is ever moved... it has to be moved against the sun's gravity... no expression
I don't see why you always bring that up.

If you move a planet towards the sun, you are moving it with the sun's gravity.

carver9
the Characters in marvel who have destroyed planets have one, destroyed smaller planets from what I have seen, than earth, and two, used some kind of weapon or energy. I'm sure Superman or wonderwoman can move the earth too if they weren't pulling AGAINST the sun's gravity. would be easy to move it in another direction. We dont' know how big the star gladiator was pulling against, or the mass of the planet, or which way. And yes, Even captain america said that DC heroes where generally more powerful. So just let that one go.

laughing

You know nothing. Like I said they have destroyed planets under there own powers. Now when i show you this scan i want you to actually look at it. The planet that gladiator is about to bust up has about nine moons and he simply destroys it under his own power. No earth bound hero that is in dc have ever done a feat like this to my knowledge. If they have a scan would be quiet nice.

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/8620/gladiatorvsplanet10tq.jpg
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/6690/gladiatorvsplanet24rd.jpg

carver9
If you move a planet towards the sun, you are moving it with the sun's gravity.

laughing
He was right and you dont know what the hell youre talking about.

nvrbeenwthagirl
laughing
He was right and you dont know what the hell youre talking about.
you mean like how if you move the moon towards the earth, you are moving the move towards the earth's gravity? not against it?

Juntai

Rorschach
Gladiator did fly out of a blast that was stated could destroy a universe unfazed.

Exaggerate much?

laughing

Rorschach

Galvaclaw
Why is such a big deal being made about Equss' claws? They were stated to angel bones and by extension magical.

nvrbeenwthagirl is right it's easier to move a planet towards the sun than away from it.

Che$t Rockwell

About WW's blade cutting him. You do realize that it only happened because it was a magical sword right?

Back to the topic. A mere whisper from BB has ko'ed the hulk before. A full on scream and there will be nothing of Superman left.

Che$t Rockwell

Redatom65
hell if Hulk walks away unscathed ( roll eyes (sarcastic) ) Superman walks away with...never-mind PG-13 board

UniOmni
Originally posted by Che$t Rockwell
About WW's blade cutting him. You do realize that it only happened because it was a magical sword right?

Back to the topic. A mere whisper from BB has ko'ed the hulk before. A full on scream and there will be nothing of Superman left.

I said that the sword created for her was stated to be so sharp it's sharp enough to cut an electron off an atom.

It's not enchanted to be able to cut anything because it's magical, but because it's able to cut an electron off an atom.

Scientific basis is the edge of that sword, so while it was made in magic, it's danger comes from all science.

Only proving the point that Superman can be damaged by things not only magical or k-nite related.

redhotrash
Didnt he tear a hole in reality with a scream? All that'd be left is a small scrap of cape floating in the wind.

Juntai
I said that the sword created for her was stated to be so sharp it's sharp enough to cut an electron off an atom.

It's not enchanted to be able to cut anything because it's magical, but because it's able to cut an electron off an atom.

Scientific basis is the edge of that sword, so while it was made in magic, it's danger comes from all science.

Only proving the point that Superman can be damaged by things not only magical or k-nite related. It's danger to Superman however, is because it's magic. I don't believe an items level of sharpness means much to him.
Tell me, do you believe Wolverine could walk up and slice up Superman?

UniOmni
It's danger to Superman however, is because it's magic. I don't believe an items level of sharpness means much to him.
Tell me, do you believe Wolverine could walk up and slice up Superman?

It was founded in magic, but it's danger comes from the science edge.

Kinda like Cap Marvel.

Founded in science, but his equal status to Superman comes from all the brawn he packs in his magically made muscles.

And do i think Wolverine could walk up and slice Superman?

Going by durability feats, i'd say yeah.

I can't think of one top tier he hasn't been able to at least slash, and if it happened in a comic, yeah he'd slash and give Superman paper cuts.

Not logically based, but he works beyond that, akin to Superman.

Funny thing is, Adamantium isn't said to be insanely sharp, but just unbreakable.

Writers with liberties, i say.

Juntai
It was founded in magic, but it's danger comes from the science edge.

Kinda like Cap Marvel.

Founded in science, but his equal status to Superman comes from all the brawn he packs in his magically made muscles.

And do i think Wolverine could walk up and slice Superman?

Going by durability feats, i'd say yeah.

I can't think of one top tier he hasn't been able to at least slash, and if it happened in a comic, yeah he'd slash and give Superman paper cuts.

Not logically based, but he works beyond that, akin to Superman.

Funny thing is, Adamantium isn't said to be insanely sharp, but just unbreakable.

Writers with liberties, i say. A magic sword slicing Superman goes nowhere towards proving that. You say it's because of the swords sharpness, however we know Superman is able to be cut by magic, it's happened before, and will again again. However, ordinary weapons bounce off.

nvrbeenwthagirl
A magic sword slicing Superman goes nowhere towards proving that. You say it's because of the swords sharpness, however we know Superman is able to be cut by magic, it's happened before, and will again again. However, ordinary weapons bounce off.

It's the magic that allows it to pierce him and the sharpness that allows it to cut him so easily. WW had to throw her tiara with a lot of power to cut clarks chin. You can bursh against the sword and get cut. Hence it's a combine of magic and science that allows him to be cut.

Superboy Prime
It was founded in magic but the danger comes from the science edge?

IMO that makes absolutely no sense.

The magic overrided Kal-el's bioaura and then the blade with WW's strength is able to slice Supes.

That's it.

Kid Kurdy
Anyone under thanos should get vaporized.
Based on showings : Superman's durability > Thanos' durability.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Based on showings : Superman's durability > Thanos' durability.

co-sign.

nvrbeenwthagirl

The magic overrided Kal-el's bioaura and then the blade with WW's strength is able to slice Supes.

That's it.

It makes sense. The magic allows it to even cut, but the sharpness is what makes it cut so easily. No force at all was applied and it cut a much more invulnerable and stronger Superman than Present day clark.

UniOmni

That's it.

You're not thinking it through.

The sword was created by a magical being to be sharp enough to cut shave an electron off an atom.

It was founded in magic, but science is where the edge comes from.

Electrons and atoms weren't seen in the myths, were they?

Like Cap Marvel.

A guy who's magically empowered, but strong enough to go toe to toe with Superman with the power magic gives his muscles.

Founded in magic, but science is where the danger comes in.

grey fox
Ok a few things....

1.Equus ? Is he the Silver guy in For Tommorow ? Employed mercenary , executes a dictator esq regime which Supes tries to stop but fails ?*

2. Wonder-womans sword is Magically forged and thus Magically sharp . The electron thing is just a scientific way of explaining it's capabilities.

* Sorry ,I only bought my Copy of Superman Legends yesterday, I haven't really delved into it yet.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Galvaclaw
Why is such a big deal being made about Equss' claws? They were stated to angel bones and by extension magical.

nvrbeenwthagirl is right it's easier to move a planet towards the sun than away from it.

AHAH! big grin I knew there was a reason why his claws were able do to that. Thanks Galvaclaw. thumb up

Symmetric Chaos

Depends on the translation. I've encountered references to Zeus reducing object to atoms.

The Greeks would certainly have had a concept of a point of irreducibility since they're the ones that came up with it. The word atom is even taken from the Greek for indivisible. Their philosiphers even used the word atom to refer to the tiniest pieces of matter possible.

Juntai
You're not thinking it through.

The sword was created by a magical being to be sharp enough to cut shave an electron off an atom.

It was founded in magic, but science is where the edge comes from.

Like Cap Marvel.

A guy who's magically empowered, but strong enough to go toe to toe with Superman with the power magic gives his muscles.

Founded in magic, but science is where the danger comes in. However, the Tiara was magically enchanted to 'cut through diamond', and it split Superman open too. Is his durability less than diamond now, or is it because it's magic?

Once again, a MAGIC SWORD cutting Superman, goes nowhere towards knocking at his durability level.

grey fox
However, the Tiara was magically enchanted to 'cut through diamond', and it split Superman open too. Is his durability less than diamond now, or is it because it's magic?

Once again, a MAGIC SWORD cutting Superman, goes nowhere towards knocking at his durability level.

thumb up

illadelph12
I don't know man. Supes is very durable, but an electron dispersion wave against a solar powered EM forcefield?

You gotta look at the properties.

UniOmni
I'm not knocking his durability level.

I'm just saying that he can be hurt by things not magic or k-nite.

DD pierced his skin in hunter prey with pure power, which is the same thing as a scream that blows the electrons off your atoms.

And i guess we'll agree to disagree.

Mjnollir hurts superman because it's a magical hammer, or a magical hammer thats indestructible?

The debate continues.

I for one, do think that if BB screamed in a comic, the resulting scene would be a wastland were the heroes were no longer anything but atoms.

I highly doubt writers stack up and weigh feats the way we do.

illadelph12
I kind of see what UniOmni is saying.

If Shazam makes me a cup of Kool Aid it's not magical Kool Aid simply because he made it, he'd have to actually enchant it.

Did Haphaestus actually enchant the blade, or did he simply forge it to be sharp enough to slice atoms? There is a difference.

grey fox
I'm not knocking his durability level.

I'm just saying that he can be hurt by things not magic or k-nite.

DD pierced his skin in hunter prey with pure power, which is the same thing as a scream that blows the electrons off your atoms.

That's Byrne , you know , Mister ' I'll have Supes knocked away by a exploding gas-station'.

Mjnollir hurts superman because it's a magical hammer, or a magical hammer thats indestructible?

Magical Hammer, Uru is far from indestructible.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by illadelph12
I kind of see what UniOmni is saying.

If Shazam makes me a cup of Kool Aid it's not magical Kool Aid simply because he made it, he'd have to actually enchant it.

Did Haphaestus actually enchant the blade, or did he simply forge it to be sharp enough to slice atoms? There is a difference.

the sword is magic, it's been proven a few times. If it wasn't magic, it wouldn't have gotten past Superman's bio-aura.

Uru is far from indestructible, but Mjolnir has an ass load of enchantments on it.

grey fox
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

Uru is far from indestructible, .

Steal my line mad

Juntai

illadelph12
the sword is magic, it's been proven a few times. If it wasn't magic, it wouldn't have gotten past Superman's bio-aura.

Uru is far from indestructible, but Mjolnir has an ass load of enchantments on it.

Was it ever actually shown or stated on panel that Haphaestus enchanted the blade, or is it just assumed so because it injured Superman and he has a weakness to magic?

Just trying to clarify.

And Uru is nothing special without enchantments.

Adamantite, on the other hand...

UniOmni

But other things that weren't magical have gotten past his aura.

It's inconsistent man.

And what proof has risen?

Juntai
But other things that weren't magical have gotten past his aura.

It's inconsistent man.

And what proof has risen? What comic, not over a decade old, are you speaking of?Originally posted by Juntai
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=105799
"For one thing, we found out that now Superman’s skin is totally invulnerable, at least according to DC Comics."

"You know, Superman’s skin is invulnerable. It can’t break.’ When we said it broke in the comics, they said ‘Well, that was ten years ago."

Juntai
edit.

UniOmni
What comic, not over a decade old, are you speaking of?

Preus hit Superman and drew blood with two blows, Godfall.

Juntai
Preus hit Superman and drew blood with two blows, Godfall. Another Kryptonian with a similar aura and indistructible-ness?

This still doesn't help your atomizing theory, really.

We've seen Superman survive the core of a million exploding nuclear bombs, and we've seen him admist the equivelent of 50 supernovas. We've seen him in suns and black holes.. Surely, events like this would atomize him like you think Blackbolt would, assuming you know the science behind these, right?

UniOmni
I merely maintain that character trump cards aren't disregarded.

BB is known for his scream, and if he screamed at a room full of heroes, top tiers included, more than likely it'd be a null point type conclusion.

Nothing left, but a hole in reality or something.

Should that happen from having electrons blown away? Nope, but it's his trump card and artistic liberties rule the day.

Superman can take the equivalent to a galaxy being destroyed, but he will always be dropped by the Omega Beams, if not wiped out.

Trump cards are normally held to be the end all of attacks.

Just like Exitar taking blasts from the assembled pantheon, but only taking damage from Thor's godblast.

But as i said before, it wouldn't get to that point in a comic.

Superman would've already been koed by the master blow.

Juntai
I merely maintain that character trump cards aren't disregarded.

BB is known for his scream, and if he screamed at a room full of heroes, top tiers included, more than likely it'd be a null point type conclusion.

Nothing left, but a hole in reality or something.

Should that happen from having electrons blown away? Nope, but it's his trump card and artistic liberties rule the day.

Superman can take the equivalent to a galaxy being destroyed, but he will always be dropped by the Omega Beams, if not wiped out.

Trump cards are normally held to be the end all of attacks.

Just like Exitar taking blasts from the assembled pantheon, but only taking damage from Thor's godblast.

But as i said before, it wouldn't get to that point in a comic.

Superman would've already been koed by the master blow. I disagree, he's survived more powerful attacks, and worse conditions than the scream. That can't be disregarded either. To think it would break him down and erase him is foolish given that. KO? Maybe. Given that he's just standing in front of the attack.

And no, Blackbolt isn't beating Superman.

In fact, in a comic book, Supes could cancel the attack altogether. We know soundproofing, regardless of it being 'quasi'-sonic, cancels the attacks effect. We've also seen Superman cancel sound by emitting white noise from his mouth in JLA Classified New Maps of Hell.

And I'd be hard-pressed to believe he's beating Superman straight up hand to hand, who's shown far more power, speed, and durability.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I disagree, he's survived more powerful attacks, and worse conditions than the scream. That can't be disregarded either. To think it would break him down and erase him is foolish given that. KO? Maybe. Given that he's just standing in front of the attack.

In fact, in a comic book, Supes could cancel the attack altogether. We know soundproofing, regardless of it being 'quasi'-sonic, cancels the attacks effect. We've also seen Superman cancel sound by emitting white noise from his mouth in JLA Classified New Maps of Hell.

And I'd be hard-pressed to believe he's beating Superman straight up hand to hand, who's shown far more power, speed, and durability.

BUT BB has his "master blow" laughing

UniOmni
You aren't getting it Jun.

Character trump cards are almost never disregarded, especially if they're seen to be on the same level.

I'd wager a blast >50 kepler novas is greater in power than the OE or a Godblast from Thor, but i'd bet you big money that if Superman were to face either, he'd be killed.

Trump cards are basically enforcers of the status quo.

On a forum, where feats are stacked and overanalyzed? Sure, but most characters would be invulnerable and untouchable to others in their respective class.

Comics tho?

Surfer flies through stars without issue, but i'd bet money that the most potent hv attack Superman could lay on Surfer would probably drop him, since it's a trump card attack.

Everybody takes worse attacks than what other hero type characters bring to the table.
But the status quo requires that they still be dropped.

This doesn't work across tiers tho, since Ironman repulsor rays would only slow Superman down, and not stop him.

But BB and Superman are clearly in the same class.

Seeing the damage that BB has done with a whisper, i'd bet you money that if you asked any writer of credible standing what would happen if he screamed at the top of his lungs at Superman, they'd say Superman who?

The writers don't stack feats like we do.

And i'm glad for it, cuz comics would be hella boring if they did.

2damnloud
I disagree, he's survived more powerful attacks, and worse conditions than the scream. That can't be disregarded either. To think it would break him down and erase him is foolish given that. KO? Maybe. Given that he's just standing in front of the attack.

It's not sound.

it would tear the electrons off his atoms.no expression

Juntai
You aren't getting it Jun.

Character trump cards are almost never disregarded, especially if they're seen to be on the same level.

I'd wager a blast >50 kepler novas is greater in power than the OE or a Godblast from Thor, but i'd bet you big money that if Superman were to face either, he'd be killed.

Trump cards are basically enforcers of the status quo.

On a forum, where feats are stacked and overanalyzed? Sure, but most characters would be invulnerable and untouchable to others in their respective class.

Comics tho?

Surfer flies through stars without issue, but i'd bet money that the most potent hv attack Superman could lay on Surfer would probably drop him, since it's a trump card attack.

Everybody takes worse attacks than what other hero type characters bring to the table.
But the status quo requires that they still be dropped.

This doesn't work across tiers tho, since Ironman repulsor rays would only slow Superman down, and not stop him.

Seeing the damage that BB has done with a whisper, i'd bet you money that if you asked any writer of credible standing what would happen if he screamed at the top of his lungs at Superman, they'd say Superman who?

The writers don't stack feats like we do.

And i'm glad for it, cuz comics would be hella boring if they did. Oh, I get it, if we throw everything out of the window, and ignore everything Superman's done, then theoretically, Blackbolt could beat him with his best attack?

However, even with the 'in a comic' theory you're using here in mind, and Superman just taking the attack like an idiot. It's still not going to erase him, because that would never happen to Superman 'in a comic'. He'd be standing there, cape and suit still in tact, with smoke coming off of him or something, his eyes go red, and we see him hauling Blackbolt off to Star labs or something in the next panel.

I don't understand why you're trying to slant this in every possible way to give Blackbolts attack a marginal chance at killing Superman here. Based on showings forumwise? He's survived worse. In a comic? They're not letting him die like that. Either way, he lives, and Blackbolt still probably loses. Superman might even rub his hands together and send it back at him.

Juntai
Originally posted by 2damnloud
It's not sound.

it would tear the electrons off his atoms.no expression Soundproofing chambers hold the sound, proven in comics. Soundproofing is done with white noise. Superman can yell in white noise. Its the sound of Blackbolts voice that causes the electron stir. Cancel the sound, cancel the damage.

panthergod
Since Superman can withstand the full Omega Effect, he's withstanding Black Bolts's Scream. Simple.

He'd be knocked out under normal circumstances and take everything in stride in his higher end/'all out' portrayals.

Kid Kurdy

No they aren't. BB is a powerhouse, Superman is The Powerhouse (more or less).

Sorry, but that's the way it is.

UniOmni
Oh, I get it, if we throw everything out of the window, and ignore everything Superman's done, then theoretically, Blackbolt could beat him with his best attack?

However, even with the 'in a comic' theory you're using here in mind, and Superman just taking the attack like an idiot. It's still not going to erase him, because that would never happen to Superman 'in a comic'. He'd be standing there, cape and suit still in tact, with smoke coming off of him or something, his eyes go red, and we see him hauling Blackbolt off to Star labs or something in the next panel.

I don't understand why you're trying to slant this in every possible way to give Blackbolts attack a marginal chance at killing Superman here. Based on showings forumwise? He's survived worse. In a comic? They're not letting him die like that. Either way, he lives, and Blackbolt still probably loses. Superman might even rub his hands together and send it back at him.

No, it's not ignoring everything Superman has ever done.

It's seeing comics for what they are and how the status quo is reinforced.

Going by your stance, i can say that Hulk would dominate Superman for the fact of what he's done and taken.

I wouldn't maintain that tho, since it goes against the status quo, and wouldn't likely see print.

And as i said, it would never get to that point in a comic.

But ask any writer what would happen if BB screamed at Superman.

I'd wager none would say he'd scrape his teeth to produce white noise to nullify the attack. Or rub his hands together.

Reality calls Jun.

nvrbeenwthagirl
When was BB ever going to get the chance to do anything but get his head knocked off fighting Supers? I can see superman moving at invisible speed and simply taking BB's entire head with him if he liked. Unless BB has some crazy durability I'm unaware of.

Juntai

Going by your stance, i can say that Hulk would dominate Superman for the fact of what he's done and taken.

I wouldn't maintain that tho, since it goes against the status quo, and wouldn't likely see print.

I'd wager none would say he'd scrape his teeth to produce white noise to nullify the attack. Or rub his hands together.

Reality calls Jun. However, what I said certainly stands true as far as showings are concerned. He's been there, done that. And none of them are going to write Superman being erased atom by atom either. Reality calls, Uni.

2damnloud

Reality calls Jun.

Wow, this is the first time I've seen someone on here recognize a hierarchy in the comics where actual reality is suspended so certain characters can "always win"--as you said, a "status quo".

Amazing laughing

UniOmni
But what you don't seem to realize, is that writers don't stack showings the way we as fans do.

They don't say........Superman took a blast that sent him forward in time.
He'll take this and smirk.

They say, this character is formidable, and can likely be used down the line, so to show him as ineffective only limits the mileage we can get out of him.

And i know Superman wouldn't get screamed at.

But ask any writer what would happen if he did get screamed at, and they'd say Superman who?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by 2damnloud
Wow, this is the fiest time I've seen someone on here recognize a hierarchy in the comics where actual reality is suspended so certain characters can "always win"--as you said, a "status quo".

Amazing laughing

YOu should never enter into serious debate. You are a laughable debator. Well at least when it comes to your indestructible, Reality bending, Beyond the beyonder, cosmic cube beating, imperiex stopping, hal jording ass kicking, superman smiting storm.

Juntai
But what you don't seem to realize, is that writers don't stack showings the way we as fans do.

They don't say........Superman took a blast that sent him forward in time.
He'll take this and smirk.

They say, this character is formidable, and can likely be used down the line, so to show him as ineffective only limits the mileage we can get out of him.

And i know Superman wouldn't get screamed at.

But ask any writer what would happen if he did get screamed at, and they'd say Superman who? I'm saying, as far as showings are concerned, he could survive.

And if such an event ever got published by any writer, at any time, I guarantee he doesn't get ripped apart atom by atom.

However;
From forum perspective, he's survived worse.
In a comic, it wouldn't come to it.
But if it did? He would survive it.

I don't see where you're going with this other than to try to slant this in every way possible so you can think so that theoretically, Blackbolt can wipe out Superman. Which wouldn't happen in a comic, and wouldn't happen by showings.

UniOmni
Going by showings, alot of things wouldn't happen.

Superman wouldn't beat Surfer.

Superman wouldn't beat Stardust.

Surfer wouldn't beat Superman.

Superman wouldn't beat Hulk.

Hulk wouldn't beat Superman.

Thor wouldn't beat Superman.

Superman wouldn't beat Thor.

The list goes on.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Superman wouldn't beat Surfer. Rite

Superman wouldn't beat Stardust. Wrong

Surfer wouldn't beat Superman. Wrong

Superman wouldn't beat Hulk. Wrong

Hulk wouldn't beat Superman. Rite

Thor wouldn't beat Superman. Rite

Superman wouldn't beat Thor. Wrong

The list goes on.

TricksterPriest

Superman wouldn't beat Surfer.
Superman wouldn't beat Stardust.

Surfer wouldn't beat Superman.

Superman wouldn't beat Hulk.
Hulk wouldn't beat Superman.

Thor wouldn't beat Superman.

Superman wouldn't beat Thor. S

The list goes on.

Superman wouldn't beat Surfer. Wrong. Superman is fully capable of beating the surfer

Superman wouldn't beat Stardust. He'd be hard-pressed to do so, but it's possible.

Surfer wouldn't beat Superman. ...........No comment

Superman wouldn't beat Hulk. thumb down There's no ****ing way Hulk wins that fight.

Hulk wouldn't beat Superman. True.

Thor wouldn't beat Superman. He could do it, but the speed advantage hurts his chances.

Superman wouldn't beat Thor. Supes can beat Thor, the speed advantage helps alot.

UniOmni
You're not getting the stance i made those claims from.

Going by showings, those are all legit claims.

Mider999
supes has been knocked out by knukes but i dont think they knocked him out long.

TricksterPriest
You're not getting the stance i made those claims from.

Going by showings, those are all legit claims.

Wrong again. Half of them are arguable, the other half cannot be logically argued for.

UniOmni
Hulk has taken worse than what Superman can deliver.

He walks through Superman.

TricksterPriest
Hulk has taken worse than what Superman can deliver.

He walks through Superman.

What the f**k? You can't be serious.................. roll eyes (sarcastic)

UniOmni
On average, you're right, i'm not serious.

But going by the stance Jun took, it works perfectly.

But you're not smart enough to understand that, so meh.

TricksterPriest
On average, you're right, i'm not serious.

But going by the stance Jun took, it works perfectly.

But you're not smart enough to understand that, so meh.

I'm not smart enough? laughing You and Carver were the ones who argued that Superman wouldn't solo that avengers team you put together. You don't even consider Darkseid a skyfather.

And your arguement was BS. How many times do people like Juntai and me have to tell you? KMC doesn't work the way comics do. Under KMC rules, that team loses. and Superman survives BB's scream, probably not KOed either.

UniOmni
You have no credibility.

None.

I've never said Darkseid isn't a skyfather.

That'd be the epitome of stupidity, since he's the head of the New Gods of Apok, whereas Takion is the head of NG.

What i do say, is that all skyfathers aren't created equal, since i don't think he can take Odin for anything like a majority.

And the fact that you believe Superman wouldn't be koed by a scream from BB, tells me how little you understand of the way comics work.

Peers of Superman are dropped and koed by whispers.

Superman going by his myriad of feats would probably be fine, but writers don't weigh feats the way we do.

They just see trump cards, and go accordingly.

I'd bet you if the JLA came to the Moon and went to Attilan, a whisper from BB would drop the collective group.

And in single head to head matchups, a whisper from BB would give him the edge needed to either ko Superman or stalemate him.

The only time Superman would take something like that, is if the writer is pushing an agenda, ala Superman in OWAW.

Outside of that, a whisper would suffice.

But you're gonna come at me with something atypically stupid, so meh again.

His Airness
I'm not smart enough? laughing You and Carver were the ones who argued that Superman wouldn't solo that avengers team you put together. You don't even consider Darkseid a skyfather.

And your arguement was BS. How many times do people like Juntai and me have to tell you? KMC doesn't work the way comics do. Under KMC rules, that team loses. and Superman survives BB's scream, probably not KOed either.

Why did you mention your name in the same sentence as Juntai's? Is this some tactic to boost your credibility?

What Uni was saying is that based on showings, not just high showings, but all showings all his assessments were legit assessments.

For example if entered a debate only using Superman's exploding gas station feat, and Hulk's dark cosmos feat then Hulk would win.

If you took Surfer's brick feat, and Thor Exitar feat than Thor would win.

If you took Surfer's Annihilation feat and Thor's shotgun feat than Surfer would win.

etc

strengthkills
What the f**k? You can't be serious.................. roll eyes (sarcastic) its true i agree

TricksterPriest
You have no credibility.

None.

I've never said Darkseid isn't a skyfather.

That'd be the epitome of stupidity, since he's the head of the New Gods of Apok, whereas Takion is the head of NG.

What i do say, is that all skyfathers aren't created equal, since i don't think he can take Odin for anything like a majority.

And the fact that you believe Superman wouldn't be koed by a scream from BB, tells me how little you understand of the way comics work.

Peers of Superman are dropped and koed by whispers.

Superman going by his myriad of feats would probably be fine, but writers don't weigh feats the way we do.

They just see trump cards, and go accordingly.

I'd bet you if the JLA came to the Moon and went to Attilan, a whisper from BB would drop the collective group.

And in single head to head matchups, a whisper from BB would give him the edge needed to either ko Superman or stalemate him.

The only time Superman would take something like that, is if the writer is pushing an agenda, ala Superman in OWAW.

Peers of Superman? What the f**k? Like who? If you start saying guys like Glads, Hulk or other marvel earth based heroes, I'm going to laugh. Almost none of those guys are peers of Superman. Supes is leagues beyond Gladiator.

eek! you think BB can solo the JLA? hysterical And with a whisper? There's no way in hell he could take most, if any of the Big 7 in a straight fight. The JLA big 7 would destroy Attilian. laughing I'm sorry, that statement is just retarded. thumb down

Originally posted by His Airness
Why did you mention your name in the same sentence as Juntai's? Is this some tactic to boost your credibility?

What Uni was saying is that based on showings, not just high showings, but all showings all his assessments were legit assessments.

For example if entered a debate only using Superman's exploding gas station feat, and Hulk's dark cosmos feat then Hulk would win.

If you took Surfer's brick feat, and Thor Exitar feat than Thor would win.

If you took Surfer's Annihilation feat and Thor's shotgun feat than Surfer would win.

etc

This is why PIS is not counted. doped

His Airness
Peers of Superman? What the f**k? Like who? If you start saying guys like Glads, Hulk or other marvel earth based heroes, I'm going to laugh. Almost none of those guys are peers of Superman.

eek! you think BB can solo the JLA? hysterical And with a whisper? There's no way in hell he could take most, if any of the Big 7 in a straight fight. The JLA big 7 would destroy Attilian. laughing I'm sorry, that statement is just retarded. thumb down

This is why PIS is not counted. doped

You missed my point completely. sad

BASED ON SHOWINGS. Pis feats are considered showings you know?

TricksterPriest
You missed my point completely. sad

BASED ON SHOWINGS. Pis feats are considered showings you know?

Not under forum rules. PIS showings are automatically discounted.

Plot Induced Stupidity, or PIS, is when characters don't use their abilities or skills to the fullest extent as shown before, even within their personality ranges, for the sake of the story plotline. It makes lesser powered characters an actual challenge against higher powered characters in the comics. Examples of PIS include Flash stories lasting longer than three panels, or Toy Man as a threat to Superman.

Character Induced Stupidity, or CIS, on the other hand, refers to any natural mental limitations that characters impose upon themselves and reduce their ability to use their own skills and powers effectively. Unlike PIS, CIS does not occur because the plot requires it, but because the character is genuinely that dumb. Examples of the CIS-afflicted include characters such as Rhino or Jar Jar Binks. Events of CIS are not exempt from debates.

batdude123
Semantically speaking, what Uni is declaring makes sense. This is of course assuming Black Bolt gets in a situation where he has the opportunity to scream directly in Superman's face, and also assuming Kal does absolutely nothing about it.

It may take awhile, but Black Bolt's "no holds barred" scream would probably KO Superman if he were to just stand there and not do anything about it. Of course, the same logic can be applied to Black Bolt if he took a full dose of heat vision right in the face.

However, the occurrences leading up to said event is what I question the most. More than likely, Superman would drop Black Bolt before that could happen.

Even if Black Bolt got in the scream, it wouldn't exactly be out of the realm of possibility (since we're presupposing a fight between these two in an actual comic book) for Superman to (with a struggle, but imposingly nevertheless) fly through the blast and KO him with a right cross (especially if it were in a Superman comic).

But like Jun said, with a little intelligent usage of Superman's power set, he could use a counteractive frequency of sound via his voice to make Black Bolt's scream void. Would that transpire in a comic (which is what Uni is most interested in)? Probably not. If Superman were to get out of that predicament in a comic, he'd probably have to use all of his energy to walk through it in order to get to Black Bolt.

Of course, if we used this logic all the time, bringing up durability feats for characters in fights would become futile, which imo, is illogical in and of itself.

His Airness
Not under forum rules. PIS showings are automatically discounted.

Plot Induced Stupidity, or PIS, is when characters don't use their abilities or skills to the fullest extent as shown before, even within their personality ranges, for the sake of the story plotline. It makes lesser powered characters an actual challenge against higher powered characters in the comics. Examples of PIS include Flash stories lasting longer than three panels, or Toy Man as a threat to Superman.

Character Induced Stupidity, or CIS, on the other hand, refers to any natural mental limitations that characters impose upon themselves and reduce their ability to use their own skills and powers effectively. Unlike PIS, CIS does not occur because the plot requires it, but because the character is genuinely that dumb. Examples of the CIS-afflicted include characters such as Rhino or Jar Jar Binks. Events of CIS are not exempt from debates.

You truly are stupid. sad

TricksterPriest
You truly are stupid. sad

Um..you're arguing FOR pis. One of the few things against forum rules. So how am I stupid again? stick out tongue

His Airness
Um..you're arguing FOR pis. One of the few things against forum rules. So how am I stupid again? stick out tongue

Your post honestly leave me amazed and astonished. Of course thats in a Nvr kind of way. sad

UniOmni
Originally posted by batdude123
Semantically speaking, what Uni is declaring makes sense. This is of course assuming Black Bolt gets in a situation where he has the opportunity to scream directly in Superman's face, and also assuming Kal does absolutely nothing about it.

It may take awhile, but Black Bolt's "no holds barred" scream would probably KO Superman if he were to just stand there and not do anything about it. Of course, the same logic can be applied to Black Bolt if he took a full dose of heat vision right in the face.

However, the occurrences leading up to said event is what I question the most. More than likely, Superman would drop Black Bolt before that could happen.

Even if Black Bolt got in the scream, it wouldn't exactly be out of the realm of possibility (since we're presupposing a fight between these two in an actual comic book) for Superman to (with a struggle, but imposingly nevertheless) fly through the blast and KO him with a right cross (especially if it were in a Superman comic).

But like Jun said, with a little intelligent usage of Superman's power set, he could use a counteractive frequency of sound via his voice to make Black Bolt's scream void. Would that transpire in a comic (which is what Uni is most interested in)? Probably not. If Superman were to get out of that predicament in a comic, he'd probably have to use all of his energy to walk through it in order to get to Black Bolt.

Of course, if we used this logic all the time, bringing up durability feats for characters in fights would become futile, which imo, is illogical in and of itself.

The most i could buy is Superman walking through a whisper, and even that would be highly disrespectful to BB.

A scream would likely vape Superman, since his aura can be dropped when enough damage piles on.

A scream would likely be enough to wear away his aura, and then he catches the back end of the scream without his nifty aura to defend him?

Scattered atoms i say.

batdude123
The most i could buy is Superman walking through a whisper, and even that would be highly disrespectful to BB.

A scream would likely vape Superman, since his aura can be dropped when enough damage piles on.

A scream would likely be enough to wear away his aura, and then he catches the back end of the scream without his nifty aura to defend him?

Scattered atoms i say.

At the same time, we've seen things from Superman that his so called "peers" have never done.

Black Bolt's scream wouldn't kill Superman, even in a comic. Wanna know why? Because when writers take into consideration the so-called "trump cards" characters possess, they also take into consideration that he's the "God damned Superman" as well.

But, answer me this question. Do you honestly think Black Bolt would take down Superman in a comic book fight? The answer to that is no.

UniOmni
Lemme answer that question.

If he were a DC character?

Yep.

Marvel? Nope.

His consistent record wouldn't make it a hard sell to me though.

But Superman winning because he's Superman is a cheap but viable tactic, since it is the backbone of the character.

batdude123
Lemme answer that question.

If he were a DC character?

Yep.

Marvel? Nope.

His consistent record wouldn't make it a hard sell to me though.

But Superman winning because he's Superman is a cheap but viable tactic, since it is the backbone of the character.

Regardless of your disdain for Superman's position in the DC hierarchy, he doesn't beat Black Bolt because he's "Superman." He beats him because he's flat out more powerful.

TricksterPriest

Batdude, from this statement alone, I'd say there's no point to arguing with this guy. haermm

batdude123
Batdude, from this statement alone, I'd say there's no point to arguing with this guy. haermm

1pimpslap

TricksterPriest
1pimpslap

Ehhhhh, kiss my ass. stick out tongue Come on, he said Black Bolt can solo the JLA. erm I think it's obvious that Uniomni is an idiot and marvel-biased.

UniOmni
Regardless of your disdain for Superman's position in the DC hierarchy, he doesn't beat Black Bolt because he's "Superman." He beats him because he's flat out more powerful.

Arguable.

He's stronger, faster and more durable sure.

But more powerful is up for debate.

See how he likes it when BB turns his costume into antimatter.

I don't have a problem with his position.

I have a problem with him winning because he's Superman.

Nostalgia for childhood memories is a shitty reason for winning as well.

batdude123
I think it's obvious that Uniomni is an idiot and marvel-biased.

That's not going to keep me from debating against him.

TricksterPriest
That's not going to keep me from debating against him.

True. I just want you to tell Uniomni that Black Bolt beating the JLA with a whisper (or at all) is horseshit. stick out tongue

nvrbeenwthagirl
Your post honestly leave me amazed and astonished. Of course thats in a Nvr kind of way. sad
Don't bring me into this you lump of shit.

batdude123
Arguable.

He's stronger, faster and more durable sure.

But more powerful is up for debate.

See how he likes it when BB turns his costume into antimatter.

I don't have a problem with his position.

I have a problem with him winning because he's Superman.

Nostalgia for childhood memories is a shitty reason for winning as well.

Didn't Black Bolt also struggle to take down Apocalypse with a scream?

It's not as if his scream gives him the automatic win against top tiers.

If you're willing to accept Black Bolt turning things into anti matter, than there should be nothing wrong with Superman creating white noise thus disabling the effects of Black Bolt's voice.

And nostalgic childhood memories also has nothing to do with the reason why Superman beats BB.

TricksterPriest
Hell, didn't ****ing Hulk just pound BB's ass?

UniOmni
True. I just want you to tell Uniomni that Black Bolt beating the JLA with a whisper (or at all) is horseshit. stick out tongue

And you obviously don't understand how comics work.

It's basically the ninja law.

If the JLA blitzed Attilan with violence in their intent, you'd see BB step outside, and some panel monologue about the silent monarch being able to vaporize them all with a thought. Then something about him choosing to be merciful, and then he speaks.

One small word, and devastation follows.

The smoke clears, and in a crater a mile or two wide, lay the JLA unconscious.

Later on in the story, Superman stalemates BB, and then they join with the Inhumans to take down the cosmic threat, with Superman and BB both being impressed with the others power.

Likely to happen in a comic.

UniOmni
Didn't Black Bolt also struggle to take down Apocalypse with a scream?

It's not as if his scream gives him the automatic win against top tiers.

If you're willing to accept Black Bolt turning things into anti matter, than there should be nothing wrong with Superman creating white noise thus disabling the effects of Black Bolt's voice.

And nostalgic childhood memories also has nothing to do with the reason why Superman beats BB.

As i said.

BB didn't take down Apoc with a scream true.
But that's the only time i can recall that the voice was disregarded.

And it's debateable that Superman defeats BB as i've said.

He took on a sentient pocket universe in Graviton, and even voided multiple minature blackholes in the comic.

It's not cut and dry that Superman defeats him, and a case can be made for either side imo.

And Hulk did beat BB off panel, after getting a powerup and being the maddest he's been to this point.

No shame in losing after someone's gotten a powerup.

TricksterPriest
And you obviously don't understand how comics work.

It's basically the ninja law.

If the JLA blitzed Attilan with violence in their intent, you'd see BB step outside, and some panel monologue about the silent monarch being able to vaporize them all with a thought. Then something about him choosing to be merciful, and then he speaks.

One small word, and devastation follows.

The smoke clears, and in a crater a mile or two wide, lay the JLA unconscious.

Later on in the story, Superman stalemates BB, and then they join with the Inhumans to take down the cosmic threat, with Superman and BB both being impressed with the others power.

Likely to happen in a comic.

...............THIS IS NOT A COMIC. This is KMC, and under forum rules, not comic setup or how this would go down in a comic, the JLA beats the living shit out of Black Bolt.

Even in a damn comic, BB couldn't win. How would he beat Flash, or Martian Manhunter, or Wonder Woman's lasso, or Green Lantern?

This arguement is completely retarded. thumb down man, even ****ing Hudlin doesn't wank Black Panther the way you wank Black Bolt. dur

UniOmni
And you don't realize that in comics, one always does great against the many.

See Superman & Batsy vs the team that Luthor sent in S/B.

OR Superman in Ending Battle.

Or The End.

OR Up up and Away.

In a team vs one setting, the team is always lowered, whereas the potency of the one is always heightened.

IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME IN COMICS!

I don't know why i continually debate against someone so mullishly stupid.

TricksterPriest

Or The End.

OR Up up and Away.

In a team vs one setting, the team is always lowered, whereas the potency of the one is always heightened.

I don't know why i continually debate against someone so mullishly stupid.

If you're going to use that kind of shitty logic, go debate on CBR or Superherochat. You're obviously not cut out or qualified to be on KMC. smokin'

UniOmni
CBR, where they debate ala powersets, or SHC, where they go by combat showings solely and how often powers are used?

Cuz SHC is better at debating characters, where CBR is great at debating powersets.

You just fail at debating, so go to sleep.

Symmetric Chaos

Or The End.

OR Up up and Away.

Of course none of that really applies here erm

starking
Debating Format

Rules/Standard Fight Settings
In most cases, the poster who originally set up the versus fight determines the conditions of the fight itself (ex. If a character like Superman is in a thread, it'll be assumed that it's the current version unless mentioned otherwise by the thread starter, the same goes with Thanos without the IG, and so on). However, in the cases where the original poster did not set down any constraints or conditions for the fight, then the match would default to the standard rules below.

Prep time
Neither side receives any notable prep time before the starting bell unless the thread starter specifies it. Neither side may take any offensive or defensive actions before the starting bell. Planning is allowed and powers that are automatic or 'always on' can be up, but actions such as setting up forcefields, taking flight, or consciously activating powers is not. For example, Batman cannot shove together an 'anti-Avengers ray' before the fight.

Standard Equipment
Each side starts out with the equipment that they normally and have been shown to consistently carry on them. For example, Daredevil would have his billy-club, but Reed Richards would not have the Ultimate Nullifier.
In a scenario fight, the contestants in whose city/reality the fight takes place are allowed access to any material resources they usually have there or of any team they're active members of, as long as they can reasonably get to them. For example, in a scenario set in the DCU, Green Lantern would have access to equipment in the JLA Watchtower, but not the Titans headquarters.

Basic Knowledge
Each side receives basic knowledge of the other. A good measure of this would be what the general population of the character's homeworld knows. For example, that Superman has a weakness to Kryptonite is general knowledge, but that he's Clark Kent is not.

Bloodlust
It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise. That means they will use any powers at their disposal. For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first millisecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed.
It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels.

No outside help
Unless specified otherwise, no contestant may call for outside assistance, even in scenario matches. For example, Captain America cannot call in the Avengers during a fight with Batman.

Leaving the field
Combatants who leave the field of combat on purpose forfeit the match. If they are removed from the arena against their will (being punched, thrown, teleported, etc.) and can make it back under their own power in a reasonable amount of time, then they are still in the fight. Obviously, if a combatant leaves the field and cannot return under their own power, then they have lost.

No Bias Claims
"Batman can beat Thor because he's cooler!" That's an example of how not to debate. We would like to see the rationale behind any claims that one character can beat the other rather than a claim based on popularity and subjective bias.
Also, we insist that all claims be backed up by evidence from canon sources. If you claim that Spiderman is stronger than Superman, then you have to prove it.

No Non-canon Sources
Non-canon sources are invalid for evidence. With rare exceptions, comics not in continuity such as Elseworlds, What Ifs, or alternate universes are not used for evidence in debates of a particular mainstream character.

A canon source is one that is regarded as being 'in continuity'. In the example of Star Trek; instances from the series and movies can be used, but books are definitely out. Comic book crossovers are usually unusable as they ignore common sense most of the time (DC vs. Marvel is certainly unusable in some cases in our debates!).

No Mentioning Events of PIS

Concerning Superspeed
It's said that the speed of thought is about 30 m/s.
Note that it's meters per second, not miles
Reference:http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2002/DavidParizh.shtml
(Now this isn't in stone, if you feel you know something that you believe is

UniOmni
True.

The post that he tried to use to call me an idiot, had the circumstances of it occurring in a comic.

He's to stupid what Hulk is to rage, so ehh.

Symmetric Chaos
Thats the same rule set that CBR uses actually.

However in practice KMC doesn't use those exact rules.

UniOmni
KMC uses whatever rules gets the favorite the win, i've found.

And the stupidity of the KMC rules leaves it open to pick and choose what showings apply and which ones don't, which puts the reader above the writers, and warps everything.

But that's just my take on it all.

Symmetric Chaos
KMC uses whatever rules gets the favorite the win, i've found.

And the stupidity of the KMC rules leaves it open to pick and choose what showings apply and which ones don't, which puts the reader above the writers, and warps everything.

But that's just my take on it all.

The PIS rule does get over used but in most cases people go by averages (really closer to mode but whatever).

If a feat is ridiculously beyond what a character has ever been show capable of before or since there's really no problem disregarding the feat since once it's averaged in it might as well not exist.

Martian_mind
God,i hate the inverse ninja law.

always used to benefit Supes anywho.

UniOmni
Saying that, we could say that many of the things Superman has done since 99 is pis, since before then he wasn't nearly so dominant.

Course, that wouldn't fly over here, but it would fit the def of PIS over here too perfectly.

Symmetric Chaos
Saying that, we could say that many of the things Superman has done since 99 is pis, since before then he wasn't nearly so dominant.

Course, that wouldn't fly over here, but it would fit the def of PIS over here too perfectly.

Since 99? That would be 8 years of being at that level erm

I mean things like one time feats. (Hulk destroying a dimension, Storm absorbing the GalacticCore etc)

UniOmni
But Hulk at that time clapped away the cosmos, took antimatter blasts and punched through a timestorm.

It wasn't a onetime high end showing.

If Thor comes back in his classic form, and starts out moving/destroying planets, creating antimatter via the hammer, stopping time, and chumping cosmics, i'd bet money that certain posters would scream PIS.

PIS is basically picking individual showings i don't like.

PISIDL is the real definition here.

strengthkills
YEAH I KNOW HULK HAS HAD EXTREME HIGH END FEATS IN THE PAST AND THEN A WRITER SEES IT FIT TO LET A PYTHON BEAT HIM THATS SO GAY/AND CAUSE OF STUFF LIKE THAT AND THE FACT THAT WRITERS SEEM TO NEVER HAVE HULK ENRGED ,MAKE PEOPLE CLAIM THAT HULK BEATING BB RECENTLY IS PIS WHEN IN FACT IFANYONE SHOULD DO IT (OTHER THAN JUGGS)IT SHOULD BE AN ENRAGED HULK ,THE WRITERS NEED TO KEEP DISPLAYING WWH'S POWER CAUSE AN ENRAGED HULK PHYSICALLY SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO BE STOPPED OR BEATEN(OTHER THAN BY LT,TOAA.. ETC)

His Airness
You're obviously not cut out or qualified to be on KMC. smokin'

The irony...... dontgetit

TheGame17
black bolt should give supes an ear ache for weeks, but nothing permanent.

TricksterPriest
The irony...... dontgetit

Socks should be seen and not heard. wink

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>