Colossus vs Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

endrict
Colossus vs Thing

Fight in a Bar.

1st its H2H
2nd add Adamantium weapons later in the fight.

Who wins?

This has to be done before..

guy222
Originally posted by endrict
Colossus vs Thing

Fight in a Bar.

1st its H2H
2nd add Adamantium weapons later in the fight.

Who wins?

This has to be done before..

who gets the weapons

Piotr is stronger, Ben has heart

golem370
I would say Ben wins on experience and skill

guy222
Originally posted by golem370
I would say Ben wins on experience and skill

I concur

Kid Kurdy
Experience maybe, but skill ? Colossus is a pretty good fighter.

Kid Kurdy
By the way, this has been done a million times before.

jasonk3
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy

and colossus wins...

endrict
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy

It helps if the search works....

DigiMark007
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/432545_1-how-to-use-the-new-search-function

jasonk3
Originally posted by DigiMark007
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/432545_1-how-to-use-the-new-search-function

and its about to get closed...

jasonk3
or maybe not...

braz
Colossus wins.

tkitna
Thing wins

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Piotr is a better fighter, but with Ben's heart, The Thing may win.

Kurash
in a slugfest against two people this strong its hard to say that one will win 10/10. Colossus is stronger but thing could definately knock him out. Both are skilled fighters, both are reasonably slow, and both can take a punch. Tough to tell who has more skill between the two, ill say a split 5/10.

spidey-dude
colossus above things level for sure

zoa
thing takes it

grey fox
Poor Ben sad

Clobberin Time!
When are people gonna realize Class 100 Colossus does not exist and Thing will beat the crap out of him!

Thing wins 9/10.

Nikkolas
Thing's fought better.

He wins this 7/10.

Clobberin Time!
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Thing's fought better.

He wins this 7/10. Thing has fought guys that would bend Colossus into a pretzel and survived. Who has Colossus fought?

NOBODY!!

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Clobberin Time!
Thing has fought guys that would bend Colossus into a pretzel and survived. Who has Colossus fought?

NOBODY!! Sure, Thing has fought alot more guys than Colossus has but lets look at how they fared with guys they have both fought.

Gladiator knocks Ben out with one punch. Colossus trades blows for awhile.

Juggernaut knocks Thing out with ease. Colossus knocks Juggernaut down twice and pummels him.

The Monster of Badoon takes Bens best punch then knocks Ben out with a single strike. Colossus defeats the Monster of Badoon.

Vision knocks Thing out. Colossus fought him to a double kayo.

And in Colossus' teenage years he split even with Thing in a armwrestling match.

Granted Thing did do better against the Champion but that match had special stipulations that suited Thing much better than the other combatants.

Grinning Goku
Colossus. More durable, stronger, trained by Wolverine etc.

Metal > Rock

Tyrant
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Sure, Thing has fought alot more guys than Colossus has but lets look at how they fared with guys they have both fought.

Juggernaut knocks Thing out with ease. Colossus knocks Juggernaut down twice and pummels him.

The Monster of Badoon takes Bens best punch then knocks Ben out with a single strike. Colossus defeats the Monster of Badoon.

And in Colossus' teenage years he split even with Thing in a armwrestling match.

Granted Thing did do better against the Champion but that match had special stipulations that suited Thing much better than the other combatants. Thing knocked out Galactus...ermm

Wynndar
How did the stipulations with Champion favor Thing more than Colossus? Gladiator never knocked the Thing out with one punch to my knowledge. That same story arc had the Thing trash a Skrull copy of Colossus who was actually more powerful than the real Colossus anyway (written by Byrne who did X-Men and F4). And didnt the Badoon monster die from falling a great distance? Interesting choice of examples.

Things had good fights with the Champion, Beyonder, Terrax, Hulk, Destroyer, Occulus, Wrecker, Paibok, Blastaar, Silver Surfer, Namor, Sasquatch, Blackbolt, She-Hulk, Wonderman, Annihilus, Titania, Ronan, Super Skrull, Terminus, etc...

And those were good showings...he's been trashed by Gladiator, Drax, Hyperstorm, Abraxis, Ego, Galactus, Thanos,etc....

The only real powerhouses Colossus has fought i.e. Jugs, Gladiator...even the Wrecker all kicked his ass. The wrecker broke Colossus ribs...The Thing broke the Wrecker's arms using his bare hands.

I think this is a good fight but Colossus' resume doesn't suggest he has the edge

draxx_tOfU
Ben ftw...

he has.....................Heart!!! eek!

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Wynndar

How did the stipulations with Champion favor Thing more than Colossus? It was boxing rules only. Colossus has no training in boxing.

Gladiator never knocked the Thing out with one punch to my knowledge. Maybe it was two. But he was kayoed early.

That same story arc had the Thing trash a Skrull copy of Colossus who was actually more powerful than the real Colossus anyway (written by Byrne who did X-Men and F4). Where is it stated that a skrull is MORE powerful than the real thing? If that's true Colossus kayed a Skrull copy of Hulk before.

And didnt the Badoon monster die from falling a great distance? Interesting choice of examples. It wasn't stated he died but he was kayoed and Colossus survived indicating Colossus is tougher. Colossus walked away.

Things had good fights with the Champion, Beyonder, Terrax, Hulk, Destroyer, Occulus, Wrecker, Paibok, Blastaar, Silver Surfer, Namor, Sasquatch, Blackbolt, She-Hulk, Wonderman, Annihilus, Titania, Ronan, Super Skrull, Terminus, etc... Like I said Thing fought more people, but that's no reason to say Thing wins.

The only real powerhouses Colossus has fought i.e. Jugs, Gladiator...even the Wrecker all kicked his ass. The wrecker broke Colossus ribs...The Thing broke the Wrecker's arms using his bare hands. Don't forget Sasquatch, She-Hulk and Blob.

The Wrecker and his crew were getting their @ss kicked and they were even getting help from Doc Ock! That was 5 on 1! The Wrecker then put everything he had in a attack and nailed Colossus with a cheap shot cause he thought Colossus was going to kill them. The Wrecker has even kayoed the Hulk with his crowbar.

xmarksthespot
This has been done like a million times. And it's basically an even split.

Also NB iirc, the Skrulls they fought weren't Warskrulls so they only looked like the X-Men, and it didn't say anywhere that they were more powerful.

juggernaut74
Sure, Thing has fought alot more guys than Colossus has but lets look at how they fared with guys they have both fought.

Granted Thing did do better against the Champion but that match had special stipulations that suited Thing much better than the other combatants. Yep, a direct comparison is the best way to go. So saying Thing fought this guy and that guy is pointless unless Colossus has fought them also.

Judging by direct comparisons Colossus has better showings.

Wynndar
It was boxing rules only. Colossus has no training in boxing.

And the Thing does?
"He is uniquely gifted in the art of hand to hand combat (a skill he honed long before he became the Thing), though his fighting style tends to be kind of loose brawling technique all his own" -Marvel.com

The thing wasnt trained as a boxer he just grew up fighting. The Thing and Colossus have similar fighting styles which mostly resemble something like boxing although they have both been known to employ martial art techniques, i.e. when the Thing used jiu-jitsu to pin down Iron man in attack mode.

However, the fight with Champion didnt have rules that limited Colossus or put him at a disadvantage...he just wasnt tough or skilled enough.

Maybe it was two. But he was kayoed early.

Man I've debated with you dozens of times on here, I know you know your comics and I respect you but this just isnt right. Im not sure why people try to compare Thing and Colossus fight with Gladiator to favor Colossus. He wasn't Ko's in one or two blows. Their fight goes on for a few pages...Colossus' fight last like four panels. The Thing was caught off guard by Gladiator while he was basically just trying to protect civilians...he was punched through about 30 cars...thrown 30 something stories into the air...after tackling Gladiator he was then thrown into the ground from another considerable distance...and finally KO'd when Gladiator slammed a bus on him. Moments later he woke up and knocked the bus clear into the air with one hand and returned to the fight.

Where is it stated that a skrull is MORE powerful than the real thing? If that's true Colossus kayed a Skrull copy of Hulk before.

Have your read the comic? seriously....
It isnt stated that a Skrull in general is stronger than an original. Did you read the comic? Im starting to doubt it. The Thing says it himself that the Skrull imposter is far more resilient than the original. Don't blame me, John Byrne wrote the comic, and he wrote for X-Men and F4 for years. The Skrull's powers were somehow modified through technology. His punches knocked Captain America off his feet even through his shield!!! SOMETHING GLADIATOR HIMSELF COULDNT DO LATER IN THAT ISSUE!!!

Obviously the Skrull Hulk wasnt stronger than the original although it is a pretty good demonstration by Colossus.

It wasn't stated he died but he was kayoed and Colossus survived indicating Colossus is tougher. Colossus walked away.

I think he died...Colossus is obviously tougher than that monster...durability is his thing. But you said it like he beat the monster to death with his bare hands where the Thing failed. When in reality he fell a great distance with the monster who died on impact...Neither Colossus or the Thing can be harmed from falling, both guys can survive atmospheric re-entry from space!!!Originally posted by snoopdogg

Like I said Thing fought more people, but that's no reason to say Thing wins.

No its not irrefutable evidence that the Thing would win. And the Thing doesnt simply have a quantitative advantage in terms of resume, its qualitative; the Thing routinely fights a higher quality of opponents. Cosmic and interdimensional villains like Annihilus, Super Skrull, and Occulus, Heralds of Galactus like Silver Surfer and Terrax, Mystical opponents like Diablo's elementals or the Destroyer armor with the power cosmic...and these are all good showings where the Thing came out on top!!! The Thing came out on top against types like the Destroyer and Terrax!!! People list Colossus' losses to Gladiator and Juggernaut as his highlights?!?!?! However, the Thing has a plenty of wins to use as examples

Don't forget Sasquatch, She-Hulk and Blob.

Sasquatch and She-Hulk are pretty big hitters...but neither of them are a huge threat to the Thing or Colossus considering they're relatively not as great of fighters and their both heroes so they dont use the same deadly techniques as say Gladiator punching someone into the Sun or Paibok punching a hole through Drax's skull. But still Sasquatch and She-Hulk deserve mention.

Blob isnt in either of these guys' class so of course I didnt mention him...I dont brag about how the Thing chased down the Rhino (Who runs at over 100mph) and kicked his ass right?

The Wrecker and his crew were getting their @ss kicked and they were even getting help from Doc Ock! That was 5 on 1! The Wrecker then put everything he had in a attack and nailed Colossus with a cheap shot cause he thought Colossus was going to kill them. The Wrecker has even kayoed the Hulk with his crowbar.

Using the Wrecker as an example doesnt help your case. With the wrecking crew his power is diminished and distributed among his teammates...hence the Wrecker was not at his peak during the Secret War. However when Wrecker has all of his power he's beaten Thor. The FIRST time Thing beat the Wrecker, the Wrecker had taken all of his power back from the wrecking crew and he was actually out to kill a depowered Thunderball. The Thing happened to be in the house next door and interviened...after taking dozens of shots from Wrecker's crowbar and nearly getting killed, the Thing crushed the Wreckers arms with his bare hands. Thing also kicked his ass on the way home from the bars when he was drunk...but i dont know if the Wrecker had 100% of his power like he did in their first fight.

Like I said, its a good fight but the Thing edges him out. I could relate if a Colossus fan thinks he could take it too; but to say Colossus is some kind of clear winner or that Colossus has a clear advantage is just ignorant and shows a lack of knowledge of the Thing.

Wynndar
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Yep, a direct comparison is the best way to go. So saying Thing fought this guy and that guy is pointless unless Colossus has fought them also.

Judging by direct comparisons Colossus has better showings.

Fine then, but the only viable comparison is the Champion...they both fought him at relatively the same time and under the same conditions. Maybe the Wrecker too but the Thing fought and beat a more powerful incarnation of the Wrecker anyway. Jugs had the element of Surprise on the Thing and never knocked him out...and the Thing lasted longer against Gladiator than Colossus did anyway...I think the only reason he mentioned that fight was because someone told him Gladiator knocked the Thing out with one punch which wasnt true. I think Colossus had an encounter with Grey Hulk as well and we all know how the Thing did against him.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Piotr is a better fighter, but with Ben's heart, The Thing may win.

confused

I agree without doubt that The THING will win... But where do you get the idea that Colossus is the better fighter?

And BTW Colossus isn't stronger than The THING either.

Ben wins 10/10 both versions of the fight w/wo the weapons.

big grin

Darth Martin
Thing has more expirience but Colossus has been trained by Cyclops and Wolverine.

snoopdogg
And the Thing does?
"He is uniquely gifted in the art of hand to hand combat (a skill he honed long before he became the Thing), though his fighting style tends to be kind of loose brawling technique all his own" -Marvel.com Like I said Thing was better suited for that type of match.

However, the fight with Champion didnt have rules that limited Colossus or put him at a disadvantage...he just wasnt tough or skilled enough. I know this. Colossus was 18 at the time and admitted he was inexperienced next to the other heroes. Times have changed.

Man I've debated with you dozens of times on here, I know you know your comics and I respect you but this just isnt right. Im not sure why people try to compare Thing and Colossus fight with Gladiator to favor Colossus. He wasn't Ko's in one or two blows. Their fight goes on for a few pages...Colossus' fight last like four panels. The Thing was caught off guard by Gladiator while he was basically just trying to protect civilians...he was punched through about 30 cars...thrown 30 something stories into the air...after tackling Gladiator he was then thrown into the ground from another considerable distance...and finally KO'd when Gladiator slammed a bus on him. Moments later he woke up and knocked the bus clear into the air with one hand and returned to the fight. The difference is Colossus stood toe to toe with Gladiator and Thing was unable to even land a single shot.

Have your read the comic? seriously....
It isnt stated that a Skrull in general is stronger than an original. Did you read the comic? Im starting to doubt it. The Thing says it himself that the Skrull imposter is far more resilient than the original. Don't blame me, John Byrne wrote the comic, and he wrote for X-Men and F4 for years. The Skrull's powers were somehow modified through technology. His punches knocked Captain America off his feet even through his shield!!! SOMETHING GLADIATOR HIMSELF COULDNT DO LATER IN THAT ISSUE!!! And nowhere does it say they were stronger than the originals. I'm pretty sure it was the alien tech. that allowed Skrull Colossus to send Cap. packing. Unless you think he was stronger than Gladiator.

Obviously the Skrull Hulk wasnt stronger than the original although it is a pretty good demonstration by Colossus. Yea...that's fair.

I think he died...Colossus is obviously tougher than that monster...durability is his thing. But you said it like he beat the monster to death with his bare hands where the Thing failed. When in reality he fell a great distance with the monster who died on impact...Neither Colossus or the Thing can be harmed from falling, both guys can survive atmospheric re-entry from space!!! Well the Monster did effortlessly take Bens best sunday punch and smiled. That should speak for his toughess.

No its no t irrefutable evidence that the Thing would win. And the Thing doesnt simply have a quantitative advantage in terms of resume, its qualitative; the Thing routinely fights a higher quality of opponents. Cosmic and interdimensional villains like Annihilus, Super Skrull, and Occulus, Heralds of Galactus like Silver Surfer and Terrax, Mystical opponents like Diablo's elementals or the Destroyer armor with the power cosmic...and these are all good showings where the Thing came out on top!!! The Thing came out on top against types like the Destroyer and Terrax!!! People list Colossus' losses to Gladiator and Juggernaut as his highlights?!?!?! However, the Thing has a plenty of wins to use as examples And yet everytime he fights somebody that Colossus has fought he does not look at good as Colossus does.

Using the Wrecker as an example doesnt help your case. With the wrecking crew his power is diminished and distributed among his teammates...hence the Wrecker was not at his peak during the Secret War. However when Wrecker has all of his power he's beaten Thor. The FIRST time Thing beat the Wrecker, the Wrecker had taken all of his power back from the wrecking crew and he was actually out to kill a depowered Thunderball. The Thing happened to be in the house next door and interviened...after taking dozens of shots from Wrecker's crowbar and nearly getting killed, the Thing crushed the Wreckers arms with his bare hands. Thing also kicked his ass on the way home from the bars when he was drunk...but i dont know if the Wrecker had 100% of his power like he did in their first fight. Doesn't help my case? Why not? Colossus was fighting them 5 on 1. Things never fought them plus another formidable foe on top of that.

Like I said, its a good fight but the Thing edges him out. I could relate if a Colossus fan thinks he could take it too; but to say Colossus is some kind of clear winner or that Colossus has a clear advantage is just ignorant and shows a lack of knowledge of the Thing. I never really said Colossus is gonna stomp him either. It's a very close fight. In 1982 I would have agreed Thing wins. But 2007 it's a different game.

snoopdogg
Jugs had the element of Surprise on the Thing and never knocked him out... Juggy had the element of surpise on Colossus here but Colossus didn't buckle!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/ColossusandJuggySW38.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/ColossusandJuggySW38-2.jpg

I think Colossus had an encounter with Grey Hulk as well and we all know how the Thing did against him. When did Colossus have a encounter with Grey Hulk?

Besides Thing is no longer at those levels of power.

jinzin
Personally I think this fight is a toss up.
While Ben has experience in his corner, I don't think it's anywhere NEAR enough to overshadow Colossus' own, he's been fighting along side the x-men for years.

In terms of straight skill, I'd be more inclined to give that advantage to Colossus. While both are skilled in the area of h2h combat, I would venture to say that I've seen Colossus be far more versatile while fighting, while Thing also just goes for knuckle dusting brawls.

It doesn't help Thing that his body type is also less effecient than C's is, Colossus has a longer more athletic body, allowing for more mobility, agility, and a greater reach than Thing, plus he's a smaller target, while Thing's about a thick as a Hummer.

Still though this fight can go either way, if Colossus tries to fight smart and use his skills and attributes to his advantage he'll take this home, but if he gets sucked into a toe to toe standing brawl, that's where Thing lives.

It's a 5/5 split imo.

jinzin
I imagine you guys probably don't care much for my input but you're getting it anyways.. lol

Okay so as far as the Gladiator fights are concerned:
When Gladiator fought Thing I agree that Thing was very much knocked out after he gothis ass tossed into the Baxter building, the narrative even describes that Thing is losing his grip on conciouseness then we see him fall over and he doesn't get back up till the end of the fight.
The fight lasting for "pages" isn't really anything to brag about since there's only really 4 hits between Thing and Kallark and 3 of those hits are putting Thing on his ass.

Between Gladiator and Colossus, I have to disagree with the "five panels" comment, the destruction to the surrounding area, the condition of the fighters and the narrative all indicate/suggest that the fight was of a lenthy to semi-lengthy nature. It's also important to note that when Gladiator does emerge from the debris he's bruised, bloodied, and beaten (on), the narrative also indicates that Kallark is not only staggered but in PAIN, something Thing has yet to accomplish.

In regards to the monster of Badoon, Snopp you did say that Colossus had defeated it, and he didn't, he walked away from that sure, but it wasn't a flat win. I DO however find that feat to be highly questionable. Anyone who can take hits from people in the 80-100 class strength range should be able to handle a decent fall. Hell Sabretooth's stood up after re-entry from space. While, the feat isn't something I consider invalid, I also don't see how it does much to prove a point when it's contradictory by it's very nature.

With Champion, I disagree that the fight favored Thing over Colossus, Colossus was no less capible in that fight than Thing and actually probably even moreso given his training, and physical factors that I already mentioned in my last post. However I do think that his lack of experience is worthy of mention and has merit, how much merit I don't know, but it's relivent enough a factor, to make the comparison between the two irrelivant.

Sasquatch; Both of Bens displays against him have been good ones (though the Infinity Crusade one is highly suspect), while Colossus was getting pounded on before switching up his gameplan.
It's a good showing for Bens resiliency and a good showing for Colossus' versatility.

Finally concerning the Wrecking Crew. Wrecker has never defeated Thor straight up Wyn, so no need to paint that picture, he's beaten on a depowered Thor, and did well to beat up on Thor when he wasn't fighting back, but when Thor's gotten serious with him he's one shotted him while calling him a nuisance.
I would say that while it's true that Wrecker clearly does share his power with his crew, it's ambiguously unclear how much if at all he really is depowered. Even when he has his crew around, the members are able to trade blows with other capible bricks, they have the stopping power to nearly kill them too, and they have durability to damn near no sell people like cap and spiderman to some extents more often than not as well as take brick shots with a fairly impressive amount of resiliency. I mean when Wrecker Koed the hulk he DID have his crew around right? So IMO I think the Secret War example still stands as credible and as impressive if not more impressive than beating Wrecker on his lonesome.

All that said i still think this is a 5/5 split.

snoopdogg
jinzin what say you about their Juggernaut fights?

jinzin
jinzin what say you about their Juggernaut fights?

Hmmm well I don't see them as being much to prove either point, Colossus, did handle fighting Juggernaught better than Thing did, but Thing did get cheapshotted and he wasn't exactly in the best shape to begin with.

I don't think they're worth talking about because both characters lost, Thing was tired, and Colossus inexperienced. C's feat is more impressive, but only due to circumstances. erm

snoopdogg
Originally posted by jinzin
Hmmm well I don't see them as being much to prove either point, Colossus, did handle fighting Juggernaught better than Thing did, but Thing did get cheapshotted and he wasn't exactly in the best shape to begin with.

I don't think they're worth talking about because both characters lost, Thing was tired, and Colossus inexperienced. C's feat is more impressive, but only due to circumstances. erm Colossus got cheapshotted in their second fight after pulling himself upto the the boat from the bottom of the ocean. He didn't fold.

jinzin
3 repeated hits after fighting numerous other people?

no, so it doesn't matter much.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by jinzin
3 repeated hits after fighting numerous other people?

no, so it doesn't matter much. Thing was amped up by Mephisto way beyond his normal powers. He didn't break a sweat.

norrinradd43
Pete wins

jinzin
That's my rationale.. you can call it a low showing if you wish, we've seen Warpath take more punishment than Thing has too, but I'll tell you right now Warpath's durabiliy isn't better than Things. Thing has had half a dozen impressive showings against Savage Hulk, a Hulk incarnation who stopped Juggs in his tracks. We just gotta stay fair and balanced.

guy222
piotr

Raoul
i wonder if colossus would get a boost if he ripped ben's heart out... being such a special heart and all... mhmm

and this has been done... ill merge it when i get a chance...

Scoobless
Originally posted by Raoul
i wonder if colossus would get a boost if he ripped ben's heart out... being such a special heart and all... mhmm

Only way that'll happen is in his dreams, which he'll be experiencing after Thing Ks him TFO.

smile

Raoul
Originally posted by Scoobless
Only way that'll happen is in his dreams, which he'll be experiencing after Thing Ks him TFO.

smile

i'm sure...

Scoobless
i'm sure...

As am I... cool

Raoul
As am I... cool

drunk, again?

stick out tongue

Grinning Goku
Colossus still wins.

Scoobless
drunk, again?

stick out tongue

Not today, haven't been drunk this month actually ... what a wasted month. sad

Raoul
Not today, haven't been drunk this month actually ... what a wasted month. sad

true.

snoopdogg
Colossus wins 6/10.

DeathKap
I think........ hmmm.........I think 5/10?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.