Strider Hiryu VS Dante

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Who else?
Hiryu has been sent to carry out his newest mission: terminate Dante.

Will this be Hiryu's last mission?

(Dante is in Devil Trigger)

Xenogears
Dante stomps him. I don't think DT is necessary.

Triple Six
Once again, good fight, I wanna give Strider the edge though, this bout oughta be entertaining.
Strider is one of the toughest protagonist Capcom has got, along with Dante and the others.

shin_remy
Strider Hiryu wins!! i like to see dante catch up with strider hiryu. his speed is unmatched

StyleTime
Originally posted by Xenogears
Dante stomps him. I don't think DT is necessary.
I don't know much about Strider, but I remember something about him blowing up the moon a while ago. He might just give Dante a hell of a fight.

Xenogears
Originally posted by StyleTime
but I remember something about him blowing up the moon a while ago.That was bullshit refuted a countless number of times, not to mention spouted by one person only.

Lazy MFer
That was bullshit refuted a countless number of times, not to mention spouted by one person only. Actually Strider Hiryu did destroy the 3rd Moon (twice).

He wins this fight.

Xenogears
Originally posted by Lazy MFer
Actually Strider Hiryu did destroy the 3rd Moon (twice).This time, can someone prove that he did? Once we see the proof, we can acknowledge that he's capable.

StyleTime
That was bullshit refuted a countless number of times, not to mention spouted by one person only.
True. I was really just putting it out there to see if someone could give us more details this time.

Xenogears
Meh...someone tried...though I believe I posted a couple of sources before saying that he didn't.

Triple Six
Even though I already prooved the 3rd Moon feat to be true, even with out it, he still f**ks Dante up, whats Dante gonna do, cut him? laughing Shoot him? laughing out loud Strider's gots this one in a bag.

Xenogears
Originally posted by Triple Six
Even though I already prooved the 3rd Moon feat to be true, even with out it, he still f**ks Dante up, whats Dante gonna do, cut him? laughing Shoot him? laughing out loud Strider's gots this one in a bag. Bullshit. You posted no proof of Hiryu destroying the third moon.

Please, Hiryu beating Dante let alone DT Dante? Quicksilver and Hiryu's chewed up instantly.

Triple Six
Bullshit. You posted no proof of Hiryu destroying the third moon. I posted a pic I believe, You attempted to refute that but I don't think you did a good job, I believe it was in the lost, long gone Ryu Hayabusa VS Strider thread,

TricksterPriest
Strider is so much faster than Dante, it's not even funny. You obviously never read the original manga. cool

Xenogears
That image you posted didn't prove that he destroyed it, let alone do anything to it.

That argument went on here as well: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/438498_11-rugal-bernstein-vs-ryu-hayabusa

Read the sources I've given. They pretty much explain Hiryu did not destroy the Third Moon as you say he did.
Originally posted by shin_remy
Strider Hiryu wins!! i like to see dante catch up with strider hiryu. his speed is unmatched Unmatched my ass, and Dante can halt him easily.

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Strider is so much faster than Dante, it's not even funny. You obviously never read the original manga. cool Do you know what Quicksilver is? It allows Dante to stop time and crush his enemies. Speed isn't going save Hiryu here.

shin_remy
Goddamnit Xeno!!

stop making stopid arguments

or is it hard again for you to admit that one of your precious lover boys is gonna lose this time, like Cloud or Ryu Hayabusa hahaha roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

grey fox
Hiryu rushes at Dante ready to slice him open aaaaaaaaaand.....

ItTtRm6sZks

'ZA WARUDO' !!!

Strider is f*cked

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by grey fox
Hiryu rushes at Dante ready to slice him open aaaaaaaaaand.....

ItTtRm6sZks

'ZA WARUDO' !!!

Strider is f*cked

Then suddenly......'STARU PURATINAMU KAUNTA!' (Star platinum counter!) stick out tongue

I realize the time stop thing probably screws Strider over. But minus that, I think it's Strider Hiryu's fight.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Then suddenly......'STARU PURATINAMU KAUNTA!' (Star platinum counter!) stick out tongue

I realize the time stop thing probably screws Strider over. But minus that, I think it's Strider Hiryu's fight.

Not PROBABLY, but for realwink Quicksilver=instant win for Dantesmile

Xenogears
Goddamnit remy!!

stop making stopid arguments

or is it hard again for you to admit that one of your precious lover boys is gonna lose this time, like Ryu or Gouki hahaha roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing I'll let you resolve your inner conflict laughing

Superboy Prime
We discussed the blowing up moon feat in the Hayabusa vs Hiryu thread and it became generally accepted that the moon was destroyed while Hiryu and his nemesis(name skipping my mind right now) were fighitng and that it was destroyed under Hiryu's nemesis' power, not by Hiryu's.

True being in such a fight is impressive, but there's no need to overhype the feat to such ridiculous levels.

Xenogears
Dante wins. That's pointing out the obvious.

Triple Six
I seriously doubt that. How is Dante going to hit Hiryu, the guy move so fast it looks like he's teleporting not to mention he can teleport and mask his chi at the same time.

grey fox
I seriously doubt that. How is Dante going to hit Hiryu, the guy move so fast it looks like he's teleporting not to mention he can teleport and mask his chi at the same time.

*sigh*

Quicksilver, nigh perfect aim, Omni direction devil blast etc

Xenogears
*sigh*

Quicksilver, nigh perfect aim, Omni direction devil blast etc That answers it.

Who else?
Seriously though, I'm not saying Hiryu will win but you are seriously unaware of Strider's speed. The guy is almost DBZ fast. This isn't going to be an easy win for any of these Capcom characters. The guy got from the 3rd Moon back to Earth in the same night.

grey fox
Originally posted by Who else?
Seriously though, I'm not saying Hiryu will win but you are seriously unaware of Strider's speed. The guy is almost DBZ fast. This isn't going to be an easy win for any of these Capcom characters. The guy got from the 3rd Moon back to Earth in the same night.

*sigh*

Quicksilver, nigh perfect aim, Omni direction devil blast etc

Xenogears
That's about the third time we've pointed that out.

judgement hand
dante would destroy hiryu, regardless of devil trigger

Madness?! THIS IS SPARDA!!!!! lol

Violent2Dope
Seriously though, I'm not saying Hiryu will win but you are seriously unaware of Strider's speed. The guy is almost DBZ fast. This isn't going to be an easy win for any of these Capcom characters. The guy got from the 3rd Moon back to Earth in the same night. He's fast but not DBZ fast. They fly to places on the other side of the world in minutes, and that's nowhere near their top speed because they're trying to conserve Ki for the fight.

shin_remy
well people are underrating Hiryu

he is really not somebody to mess with

Hiryu is SUPERFAST, he can do the same what those dbz characters do with instant transmission. Hiryu can even do it in marvel vs capcom series

and his sword is damn powerfull, he swings so fast with it that it isn't even funny anymore.

If Dante couldn't do quiksiver, then Hiryu killed him. i'm still not sure if Dante can kill him WITH quiksilver.

Violent2Dope
well people are underrating Hiryu

he is really not somebody to mess with

Hiryu is SUPERFAST, he can do the same what those dbz characters do with instant transmission. Hiryu can even do it in marvel vs capcom series

and his sword is damn powerfull, he swings so fast with it that it isn't even funny anymore.

If Dante couldn't do quiksiver, then Hiryu killed him. i'm still not sure if Dante can kill him WITH quiksilver. Are you trying to tell me that he can teleport from one galaxy to the other in an instant?

Sado22
Dante will whoop his keister in my opinion. Dante is a bit of a pretty boy but now i am of the opinion that in fact i was wrong: DANTE IS COOL and not a f@g either.

just watched the first episode of the DMC anime this afternoon and its amazing. i also played Devil May Cry3 and though he does overdoes the it at times (the telephone bit in the beginning *rolleyes*), he is still pretty badass.

So far i've heard: stryder is fast...and stryder is fast
wtf? can't he stop time with quick silver...so what are you guys going on about.

Dante wins.

~THIS IS SPARDA!!!! SADO-sama

Triple Six
It's like this, Strider vanishes out of range and slices him to bits.

Strider can stand in 1 spot and some how slash somthing sevral dozen yards away. Not to mention he moves so fast that he can make force feild of blades that deflects or slashes anything that get's close.

Strider can just grab Dante, teleport out of the earth's atmosphere and just drop him.

Who else?
What the hell is all this talk about Quick Silver, Dante has his basic weapons and Strider has his regular issued Sipher.

Violent2Dope
Seriously tho Remy is saying he is so fast he can go from on galaxy to the other in an instant. Is this true?

Triple Six
Even with the Quick Sliver, Hiryu is a being who exists out side of time. As stated by Meio at the end of Strider 2.

Who else?
Even with the Quick Sliver, Hiryu is a being who exists out side of time. As stated by Meio at the end of Strider 2. I know that but there is no way you can prove it, there is no info on the game's dialogue or for that matter, the ending of the game on the Internet. If you haven't played the game or read the manga, you wont even know how the story ends. Kinda sucks.Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Seriously tho Remy is saying he is so fast he can go from on galaxy to the other in an instant. Is this true? I don't want to say yes cuz I don't want everybody jumping down my throat but at full true power, Hiryu can teleport instantly and can survive the harsh conditions of space, including no oxygen. Hiryu does not need to breath.

Violent2Dope
I don't want to say yes cuz I don't want everybody jumping down my throat but at full true power, Hiryu can teleport instantly and can survive the harsh conditions of space, including no oxygen. Hiryu does not need to breath. So are you trying to tell me Hiryu is on a DBZ level of power?

Xenogears
So DT Dante with all his powers and abilities will fall to some guy who can move fast and cut up things with his sword? Right.

Who else?
Xeno! What the hell are you talking about? I said Dante has his basic/first weapons and Devil Trigger, I gave him DT because I feel there is no way in hell he's gonna beat Hiryu with out it.Originally posted by Violent2Dope
So are you trying to tell me Hiryu is on a DBZ level of power? Didn't say that, but every thing I stated, Hiryu can do.

Violent2Dope
Didn't say that, but every thing I stated, Hiryu can do. So he can teleport from one galaxy to the other?

Charlotte DeBel
What's tha big deal with Strider anyways? I thought he was just a fast (well, superfast but not much more faster than Dante if faster at all since Dante isn't slow at all) ninja and not godlevel speedsted who can outrun the chronofreeze by "stepping out of timestream".

From what I've seen, Strider is not much faster than Dante in his Trickster style. And with Quicksilver Dante wins pretty easily (those are legitimate gameplay styles, not some cheats).

Usual Suspect
Strider stomps Dante in this fight. Strider takes on people far more deadlier then dante and his DT on a regular bases.

I'm glad there are people who are knowledgeable about Strider. It's a real classic.

Charlotte DeBel
And one more point. DT Dante also can survive in outer space unaided... I'm sure about Spada form but not as sure about "normal" Devil Trigger.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
So he can teleport from one galaxy to the other?

Who else?
I'm not gonna say yes or no because I don't wanna get stoned to death but he can teleport into space. As far as I've seen, his teleportation is only limited by his lack of knowing his true God like (stated in the manga) power.

Violent2Dope
I'm not gonna say yes or no because I don't wanna get stoned to death but he can teleport into space. As far as I've seen, his teleportation is only limited by his lack of knowing his true God like (stated in the manga) power. What the f**k? ...WTF does that mean?

Charlotte DeBel
And as for cutting things up...Dante sliced six bullets fired at him at once with a casual flick of his sword (Rebellion). It was in his fight with Vergil- Dante fired bullets at Vergil, Vergil deflected them back at Dante at THE SAME speed and then Dante elegantly and with style simply sliced them with his trusty sword.
That "instant teleport to the orbit" is a full potential thing...if the game is palyed that way...Well, Hiryu teleports Dante, Dante shows off his Sparda legacy and crisps our a bit overrated ninja.

Burning thought
Strider is unlikely to win due to Quicksilver, depends on speed, Quicksilver is speed related, hence its name so if someone can move faster than Quicksilver allows dante to, then they can win, although i dont think Strider can be proven to do so

atm Dante can prob own Strider almost as much as Kain can own Dante

Superboy Prime
On a totally unsurprising out of topic turn...

Emma is hot.

Violent2Dope
No Prime, YOU'RE HOT.

Superboy Prime
Oh my...blushing

grey fox
Originally posted by Burning thought
Strider is unlikely to win due to Quicksilver, depends on speed, Quicksilver is speed related, hence its name so if someone can move faster than Quicksilver allows dante to, then they can win, although i dont think Strider can be proven to do so

atm Dante can prob own Strider almost as much as Kain can own Dante

Kain pwning Dante laughing

Who else?
What is the name of Dante's original sword/1st again?

Haven't played DMC in a while and don't feel like looking it up.

Charlotte DeBel
It's Rebellion in DMC3 &2 and Force Edge (Sparda swordwink) in DMC 1.

As for Rebellion's abilities
Prop Shredder - Spins the sword, repeatedly striking whatever's in front of Dante.
Aerial Rave - Slashes an enemy in mid-air up to four times, during a jump.
Sword Pierce - Throws the sword at an enemy; without the sword, Dante fights hand-to-hand.
Dance Macabre - Unleash a massive number of slashes at breakneck speeds.
Crazy Dance - Stick your sword into the ground during Dance Macabre and spin around it, kicking all enemies near you.

And some more stuff about his BASIC styles
Royal Guard
Focuses on absorbing enemy strikes and projecting the energy back. Considered one of the strongest styles, but also challenging to master due to the strict timing required for Just Guard and Just Release.

Block & Charge - Block enemy attacks, building up anger and adrenaline.
Just Guard - By blocking at the precise instant just before an enemy's attack hits, Dante suffers no damage and gains more rage for release.
Release - Release pent-up anger charged from blocked enemy attacks, dealing great damage.
Just Release - By releasing at the precise instant just before an enemy's attack hits, Dante executes a counter attack that deals approximately three times more damage than a normal release.
Air Block - Block in mid-air.
Air Release - Release in mid-air.
Ultimate - Block enemy attacks and convert the energy into health for yourself.

Trickster
Focuses on dodging and agility. The techniques are best used both for evasion and for closing in on faraway enemies.

Dash - A quick dash in any direction. At higher Trickster levels, this can be done up to three times in a row.
Wall Hike - Run up or across a wall, then kick off.
Sky Star - A mid-air dash.
Air Trick - Disappear and reappear above an enemy's head, ready to strike.

Burning thought
Kain pwning Dante laughing

yh i know laughing out loud Dante would be dead so quickly hed think Quicksilver had turned against him rolling on floor laughing

Charlotte DeBel
Kain also has some chronofreezing abilities with his sword (Time Reaver mode). So the fight would be a bit Prince of Persia style.

But that's a bit offtopic. And Kain pwns Dante. Sad to say, but he does...

Burning thought
big grin yeh a little off topic but true, anyway...strider sounds like he loses

Xenogears
Make an avatar yo

Burning thought
Make an avatar yo

who me? but ime lazy

grey fox
no expression

Before Kain can even change swords his head is sliced clean off. End of match.

Burning thought
no expression

Before Kain can even change swords his head is sliced clean off. End of match.

theres already a thread of Kain VS Dante, Dante gets pwned

MadMel
yea i know
was quite funny at the time to see the fanboys try to make some crappy excuse

anways, dante does not lose this fight..from what i know about strider, he definatly isnt DBZ fast as some people are putting it..
dante and his brother can move fast enough to cut up all the drops of water around them, they dont acutally get wet until they lock swords, and the water suddenly falls on them..that plus quicksilver means he definatly takes this..

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by MadMel
yea i know
was quite funny at the time to see the fanboys try to make some crappy excuse

anways, dante does not lose this fight..from what i know about strider, he definatly isnt DBZ fast as some people are putting it..
dante and his brother can move fast enough to cut up all the drops of water around them, they dont acutally get wet until they lock swords, and the water suddenly falls on them..that plus quicksilver means he definatly takes this..

That's true. Strider is overhyped due to some bias claims. Somebody said something about somebody...and god-like potential...WTF? Dante is a legitimate heir of one of the strongest demonic lords who has the potential to even surpass his father...
And that's not some claim about some ninja who gets a bit more love than he deserves.

Vampire Savior
I just got through playin Strider 2 the other day and I dare to ask...

If both characters have their basic weapons and they duel, how the phuck is Dante gonna win?

Strider is just to fast. The guy is so fast he can cut his foes to ribbons, but to the human eye it doesn't even look like he moved. The man can teleport from outer space to earth. he can survive the Vacuum of space as if he were on earth.

Dante is good but Strider is just too fast.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.