Exiles vs Apocalypse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmarksthespot
Standard rules etc.

The eXiles team are sent to kill Apocalypse. If they should fall, Heather revives them magically regains her Sasquatch abilities and joins them with past members as reinforcements.

Round 1
Exiles
Blink
Longshot
Morph
Psylocke
Sabretooth
Spider-Man 2099

Round 2
Exiles
Blink
Holocaust
Longshot
Magik
Magnus
Mimic*
Morph
Namora
Nocturne
Power Princess
Psylocke
Sabretooth
Sasquatch (Heather Hudson)
Spider-Man 2099
Sunfire
Thunderbird

*Has 1/2 Deadpool's healing factor, Wolverine's claws and healing factor, Northstar's speed, Colossus' strength and durability, Cyclops' optic blasts.

GGS
There is no one really during the first round that will tip the odds for a full on win so i would say Apoc takes that one but round 2 the Exiles have it in the bag.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by GGS
There is no one really during the first round that will tip the odds for a full on win

vin But they have Longshot.

Shutting up now.

GGS
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
vin But they have Longshot.

Shutting up now.

LOL Happy Dance True but Spiderman 2099 and Morph are basically useless as the muscle for the fight. Psylocke, Blink and Longshot through amazing use of powers are the only factors here i thinky. evil face

King_Mungi
Blink is a HUGE factor, she could teleport him to the moon or just teleport his head to the moon. She's a badass

xmarksthespot
A younger 616 Blink with little battle experience in the use of her powers did this during the Phalanx covenant:
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/1392/uncannyxmen317large12zc7.th.jpg
She later did this sacrificing herself:
http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/405/xmen03721gr5.th.jpg

AoA Blink is much more experienced. 313

GGS
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
A younger 616 Blink with little battle experience in the use of her powers did this during the Phalanx covenant:
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/1392/uncannyxmen317large12zc7.th.jpg
She later did this sacrificing herself:
http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/405/xmen03721gr5.th.jpg

AoA Blink is much more experienced. 313

Hell yeah when i find them i'll put up the scans of her Owning Holocaust all by her self and that was way back in the day before the badass feats in Exiles like against Hyperion.

llagrok
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Blink is a HUGE factor, she could teleport him to the moon or just teleport his head to the moon. She's a badass

Seeing as Apocalypse can breathe in space, I don't see how teleporting him to the moon would help.

Apoc, both times.

TricksterPriest

Teleporting him won't work. He has his own teleportation, and 2nd, he's actually detached his head and moved it on his own. So that's not gonna work either.

He's steamrolling them in round 1, but since I don't know everyone in round 2, I'm gonna wait before calling that one.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by llagrok
Seeing as Apocalypse can breathe in space, I don't see how teleporting him to the moon would help.

Apoc, both times.

Battle field removal I didn't say space would kill him

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Teleporting him won't work. He has his own teleportation, and 2nd, he's actually detached his head and moved it on his own. So that's not gonna work either.

He's steamrolling them in round 1, but since I don't know everyone in round 2, I'm gonna wait before calling that one.

So you honestly think teleporting every limb of Apoc in an eliptical orbit of the moon or Earth won't be enough to do against Apoc?

No he isn't, considering who that team has faired and beat.

grey fox

His head !

Awesome sauce cool

Anyway , I think Apoc will be walking away from this fight with quite a few new horsemen

"Hmm Death ? No no , I already have three of them....perhaps a Pestulance ? "

strengthkills

Apoc, both times. ever heard of BFR its a win(pussy WIN)but win nonetheless

grey fox
Originally posted by strengthkills
ever heard of BFR its a win(pussy WIN)but win nonetheless

I'd consider it the best type of win.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by grey fox
His head !

Awesome sauce cool

Anyway , I think Apoc will be walking away from this fight with quite a few new horsemen

"Hmm Death ? No no , I already have three of them....perhaps a Pestulance ? " http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/apochulk4.png

Yep, his head. cool

And Strength? it's not BFR if they can get back to the battlefield under their own power. and this team can't BFR him anywhere that he can't get back.

King_Mungi
Once again if he is seperated into dozens and dozens of perices, which Blink can do you think Apoc can get back from that?

Ptr_Grifin

Apoc, both times.

Apocalypse cannot breathe in space.

TricksterPriest
Once again if he is seperated into dozens and dozens of perices, which Blink can do you think Apoc can get back from that?

I don't think he'll give her the chance. And Apoc has regenerated from a pool of sludge. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/apocregernate.png

King_Mungi
Won't give them a chance? They were battling people far faster then Apoc and doing it to them, and being seperated into dozens of seperate peices is a lot different. Also the fact he would be out for a LONG time.

TricksterPriest
Won't give them a chance? They were battling people far faster then Apoc and doing it to them, and being seperated into dozens of seperate peices is a lot different. Also the fact he would be out for a LONG time.

Look, I said I couldn't call round 2. But you are seriously underestimating Apocalypse if you think that he's losing round 1.

Newjak
Won't give them a chance? They were battling people far faster then Apoc and doing it to them, and being seperated into dozens of seperate peices is a lot different. Also the fact he would be out for a LONG time. To my recolation the only person they fought that was actually leaps and bounds above them in speed was Silver Surfer

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/apocinspace.png

llagrok
Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin

He can.

Giving them Magnus and Holocaust in round makes it a curbstomp. Didn't notice those guys.

King_Mungi
Look, I said I couldn't call round 2. But you are seriously underestimating Apocalypse if you think that he's losing round 1.

Look, you clearly don't know enough of what Blink can do and no I'm not. He would be in peices and be out of commision for a long period of time or even dead

Originally posted by Newjak
To my recolation the only person they fought that was actually leaps and bounds above them in speed was Silver Surfer

Hyperion, King Hyperion, Namora, army of Awesome Andy's etc.

llagrok
Look, you clearly don't know enough of what Blink can do and no I'm not. He would be in peices and be out of commision for a long period of time or even dead

Hyperion, King Hyperion, Namora, army of Awesome Andy's etc.

What are king hyperion's speed feats? Same with Namora.

Newjak

Hyperion, King Hyperion, Namora, army of Awesome Andy's etc. King Hyperion never showed to be that fast just down right tough. He got smacked around so bad by all kinds of slow bricks.

Namora is fast but really faster than Apoc that it makes a difference.

Newjak
What are king hyperion's speed feats? Same with Namora. Nothing really we get to see once that he traversed the country in basically twice the speed that an alternate Ms. Marvel took. Other than that he never had any other real speed feats to mention off.

King_Mungi
What are king hyperion's speed feats? Same with Namora.

Handbooks list them at multiple mach speeds

King Hyperion never showed to be that fast just down right tough. He got smacked around so bad by all kinds of slow bricks.

Namora is fast but really faster than Apoc that it makes a difference.

Even regular Hyperion speedblitzed Magneto flying into space forcing him to stop the meteor. He doesn't so he kills him.

Regular Hyperion killed Hulk like he was nothing, and basically a whole planet full of heroes. He's just like 616 Hyperion he is super fast

King_Mungi
So once again why would Apoc be so fast they couldn't do anything when thet have faced fast or faster opponents then Apoc? That makes no sense what's so ever

Newjak
Handbooks list them at multiple mach speeds

Even regular Hyperion speedblitzed Magneto flying into space forcing him to stop the meteor. He doesn't so he kills him.

Regular Hyperion killed Hulk like he was nothing, and basically a whole planet full of heroes. He's just like 616 Hyperion he is super fast WHat do you mean regular Hyperion that was King Hyperion that did those. He is like 626 Hyperion and superfast but he was never shown to be that fast especially compared to some of the other heroes.

King_Mungi
WHat do you mean regular Hyperion that was King Hyperion that did those. He is like 626 Hyperion and superfast but he was never shown to be that fast especially compared to some of the other heroes.

No there were different variations of Hyperion, even some that tried to fight King Hyperion.

llagrok
No there were different variations of Hyperion, even some that tried to fight King Hyperion.

No.

No one besides the ones that were summoned to fight him.

Newjak
No there were different variations of Hyperion, even some that tried to fight King Hyperion. The feats you listed like taking Magneto into space and the beating the Hulk those were King Hyperion not some regular Hyperion confused

All in all only three versions of Hyperion were shown in the Exiles comics

King Hyperion and then the two that were brought in to fight him.

King_Mungi
No.

No one besides the ones that were summoned to fight him.

.....hence variations of Hyperion that were summoned to fight him. Even after King Hyperion was dead they ran once again in to another one.

Newjak
.....hence variations of Hyperion that were summoned to fight him. Even after King Hyperion was dead they ran once again in to another one. When did they run into another Hyperion

You do know the Bald Hyperion and the first one we see are one and the same right confused

King_Mungi
The feats you listed like taking Magneto into space and the beating the Hulk those were King Hyperion not some regular Hyperion confused

All in all only three versions of Hyperion were shown in the Exiles comics

King Hyperion and then the two that were brought in to fight him.

Once again I know, but King had impressive speed feats prior to be called "King" and getting new attire and going bald.

GAH! I know hence I said "variations"

Once again I know.

King_Mungi
When did they run into another Hyperion

You do know the Bald Hyperion and the first one we see are one and the same right confused

GAH! Listen to what I said I said they fought more then one Hyperion. They later run into the one that helped them fight King. Hence why I mentioned Hyperion and King Hyperion as their two seperate people.

llagrok
Once again I know, but King had impressive speed feats prior to be called "King" and getting new attire and going bald.

GAH! I know hence I said "variations"

Once again I know.

King Hyperion never had any decent speed feats. Not even when he had hair.

King_Mungi
King Hyperion never had any decent speed feats. Not even when he had hair.

Uuuuuh yeah he did as he was flying around alternate reality Earth's and in space in seconds.

Newjak
GAH! Listen to what I said I said they fought more then one Hyperion. They later run into the one that helped them fight King. Hence why I mentioned Hyperion and King Hyperion as their two seperate people. Ok I thought you were trying to say that Hyperion that took Mags into space and the one the Exiles fought were two different people.

I also thought you were trying to say that there was forth Hyperion that got shown.

Newjak
Uuuuuh yeah he did as he was flying around alternate reality Earth's and in space in seconds. It was never shown he was flying into space in seconds. Even still isn't that something that Apoc can do.

Evil_Ash
Speed?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/apocspeedquicksilver-1.png

hmm

llagrok
Uuuuuh yeah he did as he was flying around alternate reality Earth's and in space in seconds.

When was it ever stated that it was in seconds?

Also, there's a huge difference between flying fast and being fast in combat. He has some decent feats, but he's not that much faster than Apocalypse in combat.

King_Mungi
Ok I thought you were trying to say that Hyperion that took Mags into space and the one the Exiles fought were two different people.

I also thought you were trying to say that there was forth Hyperion that got shown.

No I just said they fought different variations of Hyperion, such as King and the one that helped the team fight King, Hyperion from the same Earth that Power Princess that joined the team was from.

King_Mungi
When was it ever stated that it was in seconds?

Also, there's a huge difference between flying fast and being fast in combat. He has some decent feats, but he's not that much faster than Apocalypse in combat.

Heavily implied as it took a day to some effect and he basically killed all the heroes

Uh huh...proof?

Newjak
No I just said they fought different variations of Hyperion, such as King and the one that helped the team fight King, Hyperion from the same Earth that Power Princess that joined the team was from. Ok by the way didn't the Exiles get beat every time they went against a Hyperion.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
Speed?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/apocspeedquicksilver-1.png

hmm

Hyperion > Quicksilver

roll eyes (sarcastic)

King_Mungi
Ok by the way didn't the Exiles get beat every time they went against a Hyperion.

They put up a huge fight every time and if Blink did what I mentioned earlier which is in her powerset it would be drastically different.

EDIT: The last time they fought Hyperion Hulk 2099/Proteus set them up in a trap and they tried to talk the Squad down.

llagrok
Heavily implied as it took a day to some effect and he basically killed all the heroes

Uh huh...proof?

Wow, off panel feats.

Newjak
They put up a huge fight every time and if Blink did what I mentioned earlier which is in her powerset it would be drastically different. The problem is that she couldn't and has never shown the ability to teleport body parts off. The only time that it gets mentioned is when Hyperion says she could have teleported his head off.

She never actually does it.

llagrok
Nor did she do it when the evil kid Sabretooth tried to raise took control of her and made her kill thousands of people.

She can teleport people IN TO things, but we've never seen her teleport people's parts off. We've never seen her teleport one part of something.

Evil_Ash
Hyperion > Quicksilver

roll eyes (sarcastic)

I was more thinking along the lines that super speed it self is apparently all but "useless" against someone who can control his ever molecules...

King_Mungi
The problem is that she couldn't and has never shown the ability to teleport body parts off. The only time that it gets mentioned is when Hyperion says she could have teleported his head off.

She never actually does it.

616 Blink has done it actually, and yes she has the ability. Also if I remember correctly in her mini with Annihilus she did it then.

Exiles Blink is a far more experienced and powerful then her 616 counterpart

Nor did she do it when the evil kid Sabretooth tried to raise took control of her and made her kill thousands of people.

She can teleport people IN TO things, but we've never seen her teleport people's parts off. We've never seen her teleport one part of something.

Incorrect, as mentioned above.

I was more thinking along the lines that super speed it self is apparently all but "useless" against someone who can control his ever molecules...

They arn't using super speed against him, it's a comment TP used to say Apoc is so fast he wouldn't let Blink do what she can do. Which is in fact wrong.

illadelph12
Couldn't Apoc just teleport himself behind Blink and snap her neck? He does have tactical point to point teleportation, forcefields, psuedo time manipulation, etc, and Blink isn't the most durable character and she also doesn't have precog.

But then again, that's defending Apocalypse, so never mind...

llagrok
Blink didn't teleport away body parts in the Annihilus mini and that was the AoA/Exiles blink, not the 616 one.

Not that Blink could even risk trying to do something like that. Apocalypse is fast and he can easily create small holes in himself to "dodge" those crystals of her. Just as easily as he can grab someone and hold them up in front of the crystal.

Are we seriously discussing Blink vs Apocalypse? Because this is just ridiculous, Apocalypse gets 1/10 of the respect he deserves around here.

illadelph12
1/100.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by illadelph12
Couldn't Apoc just teleport himself behind Blink and snap her neck? He does have tactical point to point teleportation, forcefields, psuedo time manipulation, etc, and Blink isn't the most durable character and she also doesn't have precog.

But then again, that's defending Apocalypse, so never mind...

People have tried to do that to Blink but she is so agile and so fast she tends to simply just dodge them.

Blink didn't teleport away body parts in the Annihilus mini and that was the AoA/Exiles blink, not the 616 one.

Not that Blink could even risk trying to do something like that. Apocalypse is fast and he can easily create small holes in himself to "dodge" those crystals of her. Just as easily as he can grab someone and hold them up in front of the crystal.

Are we seriously discussing Blink vs Apocalypse? Because this is just ridiculous, Apocalypse gets 1/10 of the respect he deserves around here.

616/AoA are one in the same, but AoA is far stronger and more powerful. Yeah I just reread and she didn't.

What? she did it twice and the last time was the super "time" she did it and died. AoA is stornger and far more experienced. She can toss multiple crystals all at once, and considering who she has tagged in the past your greatly underestimating her.

No not just Blink but the rest of the team. How so? considering what she has done so in the past.

illadelph12
People have tried to do that to Blink but she is so agile and so fast she tends to simply just dodge them.

Do you have an example? Would she be able to dodge Nightcrawler if he ported himself in the position of grappling her neck?

llagrok
Do you have an example? Would she be able to dodge Nightcrawler if he ported himself in the position of grappling her neck?

Blink can't dodge for shit. She's slightly acrobatic, but that's about it.

She did a jump over some ani-men and teleported them into space, that was about it.

King_Mungi

Basically just read any apperance she has ever had, she is super agile and has superhuman reflexes.

Wasn't there a Blink Respect Thread on this board? I could have swore there was. If not I'm willing to make one as she is a beast!

King_Mungi
Blink can't dodge for shit. She's slightly acrobatic, but that's about it.

She did a jump over some ani-men and teleported them into space, that was about it.

She's dodged machine gun fire point blank and has made Holocaust look like a chump. Yeah no.

llagrok
She's dodged machine gun fire point blank and has made Holocaust look like a chump. Yeah no.

Get me some scans of that.

Holocaust beat up Exiles no problem. Morph was turned into squish. He underestimated her in AoA and got fooled, he still came back.

King_Mungi
Get me some scans of that.

Holocaust beat up Exiles no problem. Morph was turned into squish.

I am, I'm guess I'm going to be building a respect thread

I'm talking about speed and agility, she was jumping all over Holocaust and he really didn't do anything. I'm talking about when he was in AoA.

llagrok

I'm talking about speed and agility, she was jumping all over Holocaust and he really didn't do anything. I'm talking about when he was in AoA.

Yeah, I remembered that and edited it in. Good feat.

King_Mungi
Yeah, I remembered that and edited it in. Good feat.

I still don't get how in Exiles, Hyperion "snorted" Hyperion.

TricksterPriest

Dude, Holocaust IS a chump. stick out tongue He may be Apoc's kid, but he's a complete failure for his power set and abilities. Hell, I got him kicked down to high/mid tier meta.

llagrok
Dude, Holocaust IS a chump. stick out tongue He may be Apoc's kid, but he's a complete failure for his power set and abilities. Hell, I got him kicked down to high/mid tier meta.

Holocaust doesn't have a lot of skill feats no. He just has power feats :P

xmarksthespot
Wasn't there a Blink Respect Thread on this board? I could have swore there was. If not I'm willing to make one as she is a beast! I've compiled scans to make one, just haven't gotten around to uploading them all.Originally posted by Newjak
The problem is that she couldn't and has never shown the ability to teleport body parts off. The only time that it gets mentioned is when Hyperion says she could have teleported his head off.

She never actually does it. She can teleport parts of things.
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1754/astonishingxmen1large09dz3.th.jpg
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/6965/exiles0592005puardcp20hc3.th.jpg
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3381/exiles0702005oracledcp1qz2.th.jpghttp://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4053/exiles0702005oracledcp2qq1.th.jpg

Ptr_Grifin
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/apocinspace.png
He can.

Giving them Magnus and Holocaust in round makes it a curbstomp. Didn't notice those guys.

Think about what you guys are saying.

The word you guys are looking for is "survive".

Newjak
I still don't get how in Exiles, Hyperion "snorted" Hyperion. He snorted Holocaust because Holocaust was made up of the energy that his body absorbs for power. Think Superman fighting a Yellow Sun man.

I've compiled scans to make one, just haven't gotten around to uploading them all.She can teleport parts of things.
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1754/astonishingxmen1large09dz3.th.jpg
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/6965/exiles0592005puardcp20hc3.th.jpg
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3381/exiles0702005oracledcp1qz2.th.jpghttp://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4053/exiles0702005oracledcp2qq1.th.jpg I had forgotten about some of those but also do not forget that there is still a durability issue. Could she manage to break the bonds that hold Apoc's head together.

Also KM just for future reference I don't think you should be able to use 616 Blink and Exiles Blink as interchangeable. They may have the same power but I can not use 616 Sabertoooth or Galactus feats for the other Exiles' versions of them.

xmarksthespot
The difference between 616 Blink and AoA Blink powers is that the latter was experimented on by Sinister/Dark Beast so her powers were controllable. 616 Blink couldn't control her powers so whenever she used them instead of teleporting things intact she sheared them apart - there's no reason why AoA Blink shouldn't be able to do the same, and has done.

Apocalypse is still made of atoms just like any other matter. If she can teleport Tanaraq, she can teleport Apocalypse. The only two instances I can think of where something wasn't teleported was an alternate Hulk, which was explained by some bizarre radiation effect, and King Hyperion who was fast enough to hypervibrate. As far as I'm aware Apocalypse can't duplicate either of those situations, nor would he have knowledge of them. She'd probably need suitable distraction from others to do so though.

Also NB, while she may use the shards as a focus for her abilities, she's shown multiple times to not actually need them to teleport things.

Newjak
The difference between 616 Blink and AoA Blink is that the latter was experimented on by Sinister/Dark Beast so her powers were controllable. 616 Blink couldn't control her powers so whenever she used them instead of teleporting things intact she sheared them apart - there's no reason why AoA Blink shouldn't be able to do the same, and has done.

Apocalypse is still made of atoms just like any other matter. If she can teleport Tanaraq, she can teleport Apocalypse. The only two instances I can think of where something wasn't teleported was an alternate Hulk, which was explained by some bizarre radiation effect, and King Hyperion who was fast enough to hypervibrate. As far as I'm aware Apocalypse can't duplicate either of those situations, nor would he have knowledge of them. She'd probably need suitable distraction from others to do so though.

Also NB, while she may use the shards as a focus for her abilities, she's shown multiple times to not actually need them to teleport things. That may be the difference but for all intents and purposes 616 Blink and Exiles Blink are different people therefore you can not assume that Exiles can do what 616 can. They may have the same powerset but would it be like me trying to use 616 Sabertooth feats for Exiles Sabertooth or trying to use 616 Mimic feats for Exiles.

Just because they are the same person they still come from different realities and we can not assume one can do what the other can.

Still I have never seen Blink teleport the limbs off of someone who has a high degree of durability. Maybe it is just the fact her portals can not separate the bonds holding the atoms together for someone as tough as certain people. She even mentions all she can do with Hyperion is stalemate him.

And I know she doesn't need her Javlins to focus and teleport things I've seen her do it enough without them.

xmarksthespot
Delgado had superstrength and durability iirc. She closed a portal on him killing him.

She says she can match Hyperion for speed. His hypervibration prevented her teleportation, the teleportation shard didn't impact him, not his natural durability.

I don't know exactly from where the stronger interatomic bonds thing derives. In another thread someone said that Hulk could pass through an atomic sieve made by the Engineer, that slices through atomic bonds, unharmed because he's the Hulk. The strongest chemical bond is the carbon-carbon sp2 bond iirc, is it being proposed that for some reason Apocalypse or Hulk etc are entirely made of carbon and made of carbon-carbon sp2 bonds in a crystal structure? erm

The shard comment was just a general info to everybody one.

Newjak
Delgado had superstrength and durability iirc. She closed a portal on him killing him.

She says she can match Hyperion for speed. His hypervibration prevented her teleportation, the teleportation shard didn't impact him, not his natural durability.

I don't know exactly from where the stronger interatomic bonds thing derives. In another thread someone said that Hulk could pass through an atomic sieve made by the Engineer, that slices through atomic bonds, unharmed because he's the Hulk. The strongest chemical bond is the carbon-carbon sp2 bond iirc, is it being proposed that for some reason Apocalypse or Hulk etc is entirely made of carbon and made of carbon-carbon sp2 bonds in a crystal structure? erm

The shard comment was just a general info to everybody one. How much though would it be in the same league as Apoc or even Colossus.

The problem with that though is if all heroes had the same bond strength then no one would have actual durability. The individual molecule maybe strong but we all know something only holds together if the bonds are strong enough. So we must assume heroes atomic bonds are a lot stronger than your typical Carbon based bonds simply on the fact of what they can take.

xmarksthespot
Does the In-Betweener count as highly durable. stick out tongue
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/6233/whatifv27514wj0.th.jpg
shiftyshiftyshiftyshiftyshifty

Newjak
Does the In-Betweener count as highly durable. stick out tongue
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/6233/whatifv27514wj0.th.jpg
shiftyshiftyshiftyshiftyshifty Still using 616 Blink for shame on you mad

stick out tongue

Scoobless
ZOMFG!!!!! .... Mungi never mentioned that Tanaraq was a member of the Exiles for a couple of issues (at least not on the first page)

eek!

llagrok
1. Blink didn't beat the in-betweener

2. Apocalypse wouldn't have any trouble dodging her shards

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/catgirls.gif

Newjak
Originally posted by Scoobless
ZOMFG!!!!! .... Mungi never mentioned that Tanaraq was a member of the Exiles for a couple of issues (at least not on the first page)

eek! Yep and he only got beat because the Tanaraq of that reality helped them get rid of him. stick out tongue

xmarksthespot
Still using 616 Blink for shame on you mad

stick out tongue Actually it's Earth-957 Blink. 313

stick out tongueOriginally posted by llagrok
1. Blink didn't beat the in-betweener

2. Apocalypse wouldn't have any trouble dodging her shards

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/catgirls.gif 1a. She temporarily subverted his powers, but was corrupted by them. She, in his own words, "managed to detach from the corruption you engendered -- allowing me to manifest once again." After which he took her on as an apprentice.
1b. I wasn't actually using it as a feat, I just posted it for fun.

2. She doesn't need the shards to teleport things.

Newjak
Actually it's Earth-957 Blink. 313

stick out tongue1a. She temporarily subverted his powers, but was corrupted by them. She, in his own words, "managed to detach from the corruption you engendered -- allowing me to manifest once again." After which he took her on as an apprentice.
1b. I wasn't actually using it as a feat, I just posted it for fun.

2. She doesn't need the shards to teleport things. Still not exiles Blink 313

And she may not need the shards to teleport but apparently she does need them to focus her powers on opponents in combat.

xmarksthespot
Still not exiles Blink 313

And she may not need the shards to teleport but apparently she does need them to focus her powers on opponents in combat. A lot of the time she doesn't even need them to focus on individuals, when she evac-ed after being infected with the Transmode-Legacy virus, she just mentally teleported everyone to safety, she's opened multiple portals in multiple locations simultaneously, oft-times the shards aren't even physical shards. It varies a lot...

llagrok
Get me some decent feats where she teleports things without using the shards.

xmarksthespot
She constantly opens portals in space without the shards. She teleports herself without the shards. They're more a signature than a necessity.
Here she's holding two shards but teleports opens 20-odd portals. Unless people think she somehow threw 20 or so shards before Weapon X reacts...
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/9313/exi13p06hj0.th.jpghttp://img214.imageshack.us/img214/3370/exi13p07yt6.th.jpg
Infected with an illness she blinks multiple people without the shards.
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/6649/exiles21p21nz7.th.jpg
Takes an amulet from Zarathos.
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/4742/exilesv10562005puardcp2ou0.th.jpg
Here her arms are outstretched and she simply manifests her powers in a shard shape. Unless people think she has magical arms that can take shards from a non-existent invisible quiver without moving and then throw them all simultaneously at the people before they even try to move... ermm
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6892/exiles0592005puardcp20ua9.th.jpg

llagrok
You have no proof that she didn't use a shard to steal the amulet fra Zarathos. She used shards against weapon x obviously.

You only have one semi feat of her being able to teleport people by touching them. That's about as good as Apocalypse's telepathy feat.

xmarksthespot
So she threw 2 dozen shards, despite holding 2 and Weapon X not being able to catch a single child, among them Vision and Spider-Man?
With no shard thrown at Zarathos and the object blinking out of his hand to his surprise there was apparently a shard there?
Touching what people? huh She Blinks the Exiles away from the Vi-Locks without any contact or shards.
And the last one I've already elaborated on.
All this in addition to her being able to just open portals in space without them all the time.

ermm

llagrok
In time now? that one's new.

More raving fanboyism

xmarksthespot
all the time.

ermm Originally posted by llagrok
In time now? that one's new.

More raving fanboyism confused Okay... yeah... that made sense...

I'm not sure if that was the "I've been shown multiple scans of her teleporting things without the shards as asked, but don't want to acknowledge them, as well as the fact that she consistently opens portals without them." response or the "I'm drunk." response.

Newjak
confused Okay... yeah... that made sense...

I'm not sure if that was the "I've been shown multiple scans of her teleporting things without the shards as asked, but don't want to acknowledge them, as well as the fact that she consistently opens portals without them." response or the "I'm drunk." response. I think there is a difference between Blink just using her powers and having to focus those powers on people yes.

She can open portals and stuff but she has always used her shards on opponents in battle. Whether is is using them or simply wielding them.

xmarksthespot
I think there is a difference between Blink just using her powers and having to focus those powers on people yes.

She can open portals and stuff but she has always used her shards on opponents in battle. Whether is is using them or simply wielding them. Yeah I see what you mean, although there's the instance of the Vi-Locks and the amulet from Zarathos, where she teleports people without them so I don't fully agree. In character she's likely to use the shards regardless, since it's her signature, and she would probably have to use a shard to perform a spatial shearing anyway.

I have no idea where "In time now? That one's new." came from. huh

Newjak
Yeah I see what you mean, although there's the instance of the Vi-Locks and the amulet from Zarathos, where she teleports people without them so I don't fully agree. She would probably have to use a shard to perform a spatial shearing.

I have no idea where "In time now? That one's new." came from. huh When she does teleport people they are either stationary therefore she can open portals around them.

I think if they thing is in motion she must focus her powers into the shards to actually hit the person with her portals.

I mean let's just face facts here though Exiles is often screwy all over the place and power levels are often jumping around all the time for every character stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.