movie silver surfer vs movie superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

superkronick92
surfer is unaware of supes' weakness.
bloodlust mad

Kurash
superman, he could knock surfer off that board no problem

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Kurash
superman, he could knock surfer off that board no problem but can he catch up to him to do it ?

Juntai
Originally posted by spidey-dude
but can he catch up to him to do it ? Of course, he can time-travel, and was seen crossing the world in moments.

guy222
Originally posted by superkronick92
surfer is unaware of supes' weakness.
bloodlust mad

Current FF Movie is cool

Chris Reeve in a stomp

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Juntai
Of course, he can time-travel, and was seen crossing the world in moments. i havent seen FF2 yet so i dont know how fast he can go but he went pretty fast in the trailer

Roldz
I dont think physical attack would be enough to separate Movie Surfer out of that board, Tachion ( embarrasment spelling) pulse would do it dough..

Id have to say movie Surfer FTW.. Cant hit something intangible..

llagrok
i havent seen FF2 yet so i dont know how fast he can go but he went pretty fast in the trailer

Slow as hell compared to comic Surfer

Roldz
Ohh his fast, not reality bending fast but id say SofL fast..
He took Torch out of the planets atmosphere in a flash, avoiding those rockets was pretty cool too..

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Roldz
Ohh his fast, not reality bending fast but id say SofL fast..
He took Torch out of the planets atmosphere in a flash, avoiding those rockets was pretty cool too.. did he fly faster than movie supes ?

Magee
Movie Superman is faster than light.

spidey-dude
i say G girl flew faster

superkronick92
i say G girl flew faster confused

spidey-dude
Originally posted by superkronick92
confused you havent seen my super ex girlfriend movie yet ?

D-Block
In Superman's newest movie it was said that he was moving close to light speed.

hush
http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=178793

spidey-dude
Originally posted by hush
http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=178793 go back to cbr and tell them they sure as hell need new mods or some of them are on crack one or the other.

Kurash
i still think a physical attack from supes could knock him off his board, due to the fact that thing could "wail" on him and movie supes is about 10000000000 times stronger than movie thing. Surfer wouldnt know what hit him. ANd movie supes is a lot faster than movie surfer and would have no trouble dodging any of his attacks, just like johnny (except for the choke hold)

Apolloknight
^^Agreed, just seen the movie, And although I believe surfur was cool as hell, he was no where even close to his comic levels of power; well, he didnt display it at least.

He did, however, have some pretty decent feats.

Kurash
Originally posted by Apolloknight
^^Agreed, just seen the movie, And although I believe surfur was cool as hell, he was no where even close to his comic levels of power; well, he didnt display it at least.

He did, however, have some pretty decent feats.

agreed. What was so cool about the surfer (even though he wasnt as strong as his comic self) was that he did stuff no one else has done on screen before. Weve all seen houses, cars, planes, trains etc. get lifted and thrown but some of the crap he did was just like "man that shit was cool"

playa1258
I just got back from the movie, while the Surfer is powerful Superman would destroy him.

Redatom65
movie superman singlehandedly saved metropolis and went across the globe in seconds. Johnny removed doom from the bored, and I'm Sure Supes could too. Plus Supes could stand up to anything the surfer throws at him

Roldz
Originally posted by playa1258
I just got back from the movie, while the Surfer is powerful Superman would destroy him.
No Doom's tech that controled the board was damaged preventing him from using its powers..

Whats all thats strength going to do to someone you couldnt lay a hand on, you know phasing ability..

Check out near end of the FF2 movie, im sure somethin like that would take out Movie Supes..

Beside I dont think Supes could survive in the vacuum of space, taking out the planet would gave Surfer a win..

Xplosive
Superman

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Redatom65
movie superman singlehandedly saved metropolis and went across the globe in seconds. Johnny removed doom from the bored, and I'm Sure Supes could too. Plus Supes could stand up to anything the surfer throws at him

He was able to remove doom from the board because he wrapped himself around Dooms body, and squeezed hard enough to break the device on Dooms hand that controlled the board. Against the Surfer, it's not as easy because he controls the board with his mind. Surfer wins.

playa1258
Superman survives in space easily. He went there muliple times, plus he was floating around listening which shows he can stay up there for a long time at least.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by playa1258
Superman survives in space easily. He went there muliple times, plus he was floating around listening which shows he can stay up there for a long time at least.

Yes, but not for an infinite amount of time. Superman still needs to eat and sleep, niether of which the Surfer has to worry about. Superman also has a weakness to krypton and relies on solar energy which he can easily be stripped off by the Surfer. There are so many ways he can lose.

Deathstroke
MOVIE Surfer never really showed energy manipulation powers, other than his cosmic power, so we don't know if he could simply pull out Supes solar energy. Movie Supes also lifted an island made of Kryptonite so Surfer would have to come up with a lot of it.

Magee
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
Yes, but not for an infinite amount of time. Superman still needs to eat and sleep, niether of which the Surfer has to worry about. Superman also has a weakness to krypton and relies on solar energy which he can easily be stripped off by the Surfer. There are so many ways he can lose. Superman does not have to eat or sleep in the comics, was it stated in any of the movieshe had to? He lifted an island made of kryptonite in to space, not gonna be a problem.

zoa
well in F4 it dint seem silver surfer could get damaged by by physical blows, supes wud have to use heat vision...unless he tried to blow him away.......movie surfer beats movie supes

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Roldz
No Doom's tech that controled the board was damaged preventing him from using its powers..

Whats all thats strength going to do to someone you couldnt lay a hand on, you know phasing ability..

Check out near end of the FF2 movie, im sure somethin like that would take out Movie Supes..

Beside I dont think Supes could survive in the vacuum of space, taking out the planet would gave Surfer a win..

*Cough*

Are you stoned?

Honestly...Movie Superman not surviving in space?

ROFL

You don't know what you're talking about.

Superboy Prime
I haven't seen FF2 yet, but from what I've read here Movie Surfer is hard pressed to beat Movie Superman.

We're talking about a Superman that can time travel. Can phyisically dominate 3 kryptonians equal to him in power. Can move near light speed and lifted a Kryptonite Island while having a piece of Kryptonite stabbed in his ribs.

Honestly this is almost a no contest.

Only real advantage I see Surfer having is his intangibility.

Estacado
Surfer destroyed Galactus who was atleast 3 times bigger then Earth.........313

Superboy Prime
And how does that equate to him beating Superman?

Did Galactus fight back?

PS - Isn't that a bit stupid...Big G getting destroyed by his own herald. Poor Big G...but then again he gets no respect in comics; why should he get respect from Hollywood?

Roldz
Originally posted by Deathstroke
MOVIE Surfer never really showed energy manipulation powers, other than his cosmic power, so we don't know if he could simply pull out Supes solar energy. Movie Supes also lifted an island made of Kryptonite so Surfer would have to come up with a lot of it.
Reed did mention it in the movie, him being an absorber/caster of energy..
All the strength in the world wouldnt do jack to someone who can turn intangible at will..
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
*Cough*

Are you stoned?

Honestly...Movie Superman not surviving in space?

ROFL

You don't know what you're talking about.
You sure bout that?

I recall, his only capable of holding his breath for a time then he runs out of it..

For someone who hasnt watch the FF4 2 movie your pretty damn sure of yourself, Biased perhaps to only one side of the chars. being debated..

And yes im stoned..lol

Superboy Prime
I have read the entire script and read numerous descriptions of what the Surfer did in the movie; which is why I enter the discussion.

Hmm...Granted intangibility is a huge asset; why didn't he just stay intangible for the duration of the movie until Galactus arrived? It sure would've prevented a lot of stuff from happening.

You recall his only capable of holding his breath? In Superman 2 he takes numerous trips to space. In Superman Returns he just floats outside our atmosphere for god knows how long. In Superman 4, although not canon, Superman is seen fighting out in space for a long time without having to go back and get air.

Perhaps I missed something, but when did he state he just held his breath? So far he only did that in his early byrne days and in the cartoon.

PS - I wish I was stoned. fullmop

lionking
surfer changes supermans DNA.

lando005
surfer ftw who knows how his powers would effect sups it could cause them to cut in and out kinda like johnny's and i'm pretty sure thoes cosmic blast of his would do some serious damage. not to mention there's the whole absorb him into the board trick

Kaos sebaceous
What was up with that no board no power thing

I dont remember it being like that in the comics

lando005
Originally posted by Kaos sebaceous
What was up with that no board no power thing

I dont remember it being like that in the comics they needed an angle for doom to steal his powers in the movie

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by lando005
surfer ftw who knows how his powers would effect sups it could cause them to cut in and out kinda like johnny's and i'm pretty sure thoes cosmic blast of his would do some serious damage. not to mention there's the whole absorb him into the board trick

No. Surfer's powers would not mess with Kal-el's. Why? Because they come from 2 different sources. In the movie the FF gained their powers from the same source as SS. The same cannot be said about Superman.

There's also the "punch him at time time travelling speeds" for the win tactic.

lionking
cosmic power can effect anthing. surfer would beable to punch at light speed he is faster then superman.

the big qestion is can surfer change superman into sand

batdude123
Originally posted by lionking
cosmic power can effect anthing. surfer would beable to punch at light speed he is faster then superman.

I'm sure Norrin is touched by your boner for him, but that doesn't change the fact that movie Superman is far and away more powerful than movie Surfer.

lando005
No. Surfer's powers would not mess with Kal-el's. Why? Because they come from 2 different sources. In the movie the FF gained their powers from the same source as SS. The same cannot be said about Superman.

There's also the "punch him at time time travelling speeds" for the win tactic. we cant be completey sure about that he may or may not effect him he only encountered humans and the ff who knows how he might effect sups ya never know

lionking
An occurrence had taken place where the Living tribunal had shown a vision a how Zen-La once was, enraged by this The Silver Surfer had granted upon himself almost to a "godlike" state which had given him infinite power cosmic. Before the Surfer could do anything the Living tribunal had gone. However Galactus remained in a state of confusion as he did not know at the time who could possibly have power greater than his own. The fact that the Silver Surfer has potential to be much more powerful than Galactus still requires more evidence.

lionking
guys do u think galactus could change superman in to dust

lando005
guys do u think galactus could change superman in to dust yes

jasofisc

There's also the "punch him at time time travelling speeds" for the win tactic.

movie surfer could affect matter on a sub atomic level (like changing that water into a sold and wasn't ice) so unless supes is not matter anymore then he gets taken down. oh and taking out a being that is 10 times the size of earth>>>> lifting a kyptonite mountain (even thought that is extreamly impressive as well)

kuhne
are we talking about chris reeve movies here? you are crazy if you think surfer (who got owned by a device reed richards came up with in 5 minutes) is going to beat that superman.

Movie superman can teleport, fly faster than light, travel thru time, move planets, has weird as telekinesis powers (zod had them, so superman has to have em too) etc... Movie silver surfer does not stand a a chance against superman. Anything surfer throws at supes supes can move away from or whitstand. surfer took a good while to cross the earth in the movie while superman did like 10000 laps around it in 5 seconds.

This is a no contest battle. Superman in the earlier movies is only afected by kryptonite (and nuclear mans nails!) I don't care how many cosmic blasts surfer throws at him, he can't do squat.... not a guy who managed to get traped by the earth's army and tortured... wow.. this fight is just unfair.

lionking
The Power Cosmic is a force that can alter reality, allowing the user to do whatever he or she wants (including breaking the laws of physics), only being limited by how much cosmic energy the character can tap at a time. It seems to be part of the universe itself and it can be linked directly to Galactus as its primary wielder or even source. The Heralds of Galactus, including Silver Surfer and Nova are imbued with the Power Cosmic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Universe

surfer wins by turning superman in to thin air or sand

Galvaclaw
I love how you assume anyone who argues against you must not know what the power cosmic is. Superman has resisted matter manipulation before. Surfer does not have the casual omnipotence when fighting top tiers that you imagine,

Validus
Originally posted by batdude123
I'm sure Norrin is touched by your boner for him, but that doesn't change the fact that movie Superman is far and away more powerful than movie Surfer.
laughing out loud

lionking
'm sure Norrin is touched by your boner for him, but that doesn't change the fact that movie Superman is far and away more powerful than movie Surfer.

only in your eyes

batdude123
What I want to know is... what the f*ck did movie Surfer do to even compare to Superman?

Exactly... nothing.

This isn't a fight. It's a stomping.

lionking
blow up something twice the size of earth

batdude123
blow up something twice the size of earth

So you have no reason other than you're a Surfer wanker. Cool.

lando005
blow up something twice the size of earth he shouldnt have been able to do that but he still beats sups movies or comics the result is still the same

Superboy Prime
No. He does not.

Avalonofthewind
Just seen the flick today.

Superman wins this in a stomp.

Even Doom with the PC lost to a bootleg Super Skrull.

Movie Supes is far and away more powerful than that.

quanchi112
movie surfer wins

Mindship
Chris Reeve (remember, this is pre-crisis) Superman wins.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by quanchi112
movie surfer wins

No. He does not.

Thanos_THOTU
Wouldent surfer be able to transmute Superman, turning him to a kryptonite or anything?

lando005
No. He does not. hey that's your opinion i think he does

Avalonofthewind
movie surfer wins
Ummm...no

Surfer would have (happily) kneeled before ZOD!

Thanos_THOTU
Zod sucks ...

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
Wouldent surfer be able to transmute Superman, turning him to a kryptonite or anything?

the only transmutations we really saw SS do involved water, and they didnt remain like that for long.

Tazer

Spankyham
Surfers feats were extraordinary by moviestandards

quanchi112
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Ummm...no

Surfer would have (happily) kneeled before ZOD! superman had to trick them outta thier powers to beat them. surfer beats movie supes.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Spankyham
Surfers feats were extraordinary by moviestandards

Right...

So what do you think about moving so fast outside Earth's atmosphere so that he is able to stop earth's rotation and make it rotate backwards and essentially time travel?

Or lifting an island made out of kryptonite while at the same time having a piece of kryptonite stabbed in your ribs?

Seriously...compared to movie Supes, movie Surfer is only taking his first baby steps.

Superboy Prime
superman had to trick them outta thier powers to beat them. surfer beats movie supes.

Yeah...after he stalemated all 3 of them.

Surfer wouldn't be able to pull something like that off.

janus77
Right...

So what do you think about moving so fast outside Earth's atmosphere so that he is able to stop earth's rotation and make it rotate backwards and essentially time travel?

Or lifting an island made out of kryptonite while at the same time having a piece of kryptonite stabbed in your ribs?

Seriously...compared to movie Supes, movie Surfer is only taking his first baby steps.
true, only his first steps, and his character's been bastardised beyond anything Superman's suffered in any of the Reeves/Rough.

still, the stupid explosion that he did, the awesome - and almost effortless - holes he dug into the earth... that's power beyond anything movie superman's demonstrated.

if Surfer uses one of those "galactus destroying" explosions, it's bye-bye Superman...

quanchi112
Right...

Seriously...compared to movie Supes, movie Surfer is only taking his first baby steps. uhm how about lex luthor punching him out. what about that.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by janus77
true, only his first steps, and his character's been bastardised beyond anything Superman's suffered in any of the Reeves/Rough.

still, the stupid explosion that he did, the awesome - and almost effortless - holes he dug into the earth... that's power beyond anything movie superman's demonstrated.

if Surfer uses one of those "galactus destroying" explosions, it's bye-bye Superman...

Thank god Supes is not a big cloud/flame wall and that he can move faster the light. Not to mention that blast nearly killed him, so Surfer pulling something like that off would be a desperation move.

Besides I am willing to bet a light speed punch is enough to knock Surfer off his board.

Superboy Prime
uhm how about lex luthor punching him out. what about that.

Are you talking about Superman Returns?

If that is the case it is obvious Plot Induced Stupidity.

The guy has telescopic, microscopic and X-ray vision...yet he did not see nor feel the kryptonite until he was right before Lex. And even then Lex didn't KO him or anything. Heck not even after taking a nasty beating did he lose consciousness. He didn't even fall unconscious after surviving the huge fall into the water.

quanchi112
Are you talking about Superman Returns?

If that is the case it is obvious Plot Induced Stupidity.

The guy has telescopic, microscopic and X-ray vision...yet he did not see nor feel the kryptonite until he was right before Lex. And even then Lex didn't KO him or anything. Heck not even after taking a nasty beating did he lose consciousness. He didn't even fall unconscious after surviving the huge fall into the water. he did nothing to lex the hwole movie, pretty much and by the way the movie sucked ass.

Superboy Prime
he did nothing to lex the hwole movie, pretty much and by the way the movie sucked ass.

And? The quality of the film has nothing to do with the argument.

Did you honestly expect Superman to lobotimze Lex? Because that would never happen.

Deathstroke
Superman Returns had its problems, but it was still better than FF2.

Superboy Prime
My main beef with Returns is the extended ending sequence with the Superman in a coma stuff...not to mention I hated that kid.

quanchi112
Superman Returns had its problems, but it was still better than FF2. good one comedian.

Deathstroke
My main beef with Returns is the extended ending sequence with the Superman in a coma stuff...not to mention I hated that kid.

The kid was definitely the worst part for me. They should've gotten rid of the kid and either made the movie 20 minutes shorter or had 20 more minutes of action.

good one comedian.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, but in my opinion it's the truth.

Avalonofthewind
superman had to trick them outta thier powers to beat them. surfer beats movie supes.

And Surfer got taken out even easier...and Doom with SS powers got taken out by a bootleg superskrull.

Movie Surfer would be nothing more than a minor annoyance.

Supreme being
Superman Returns had its problems, but it was still better than FF2.

yes And this is coming from someone who hates SR with a passion.

Hannibal-Lector
i think movie SS would atomize movie superman.... not to say movie superman wasnt faster and stronger, its just i dont think physical force would work on him

batdude123
Atomize Superman my ass.

Physical force worked perfectly in order to separate Doom from the surfboard.

And that's all Superman would have to do. Without the surfboard, Norrin was nothing more than a sniveling little douche bag.

My God people, movie Surfer in comparison to Reeve's Superman was nothing. Superman was IMMENSELY faster and stronger. All he needs to do is fly into him faster than light (and anybody who said Norrin flew faster than light in the movie... that's bullshit. Johnny was able to catch up to him during their encounter.) and knock the crap outta him.

Plus, as Avy pointed out earlier, Johnny with the F4's powers straight up raped Doom with the PC. And hell, he only used his own, Reed's, and Ben's powers offensively against him.

crylaugh @ anybody saying movie Norrin is >>>> movie Superman. He didn't display anything to suggest so. If you hop off of the Surfer's sack for a second, you'd be able to see that.

Validus
Separating Surfer from the board by physical force wouldn't stop Surfer. Reed's device is what scrambled the connection between Surfer and his board and thus the powers. Notice near the end, Surfer called to board to his side.

Don't get me wrong. Superman beats Surfer with ease but I just felt like being a douche and pointing that out.

batdude123
Originally posted by Validus
Separating Surfer from the board by physical force wouldn't stop Surfer. Reed's device is what scrambled the connection between Surfer and his board and thus the powers. Notice near the end, Surfer called to board to his side.

Don't get me wrong. Superman beats Surfer with ease but I just felt like being a douche and pointing that out.

I'm talking about when the Super Skrull wannabe knocked Doom off the surfboard.

But yes, Reed's device was used in order to separate him from the board. However, at that point during the movie, they never tried to use physical force in order to separate him from the board. Unless of course you count those missiles they used against him.

However, what do you think Supes would do after he got Norrin off the board? Wait for him to summon it, while Clark plays pattycake quietly with himself off in the distance? **** no. He caves in Norrin's shiny dome piece.

Also, you're implying that the device Reed made shut off his powers. He still was able to call the surfboard to his side at the end anyways. The reason he didn't before hand was because he was knocked out by Doom's electricity, and they confiscated the board. Notice, Doom had to take the board out of the nullifying field in order to take control of it. So, essentially, Reed's device only equates to what Johnny did, and what Superman's gonna do to Norrin. smile

Validus
Reed's device didn't shut off his powers. It just scrambled his connection to them. At that point, with the machine still turned on, he couldn't even physically grab his board

Super Skrull Johnny was able to knock Doom off the board but that was only after the device Doom had on his wrist to control the board was destroyed. If it wasn't he could have regained control.

Point is, Surfer doesn't need to be standing on his board to exert control and it's not implied he needs to be on it to use his powers either. After he destroys Cloudlactus, he's floating in space with his silver sheen intact.

Avalonofthewind
Reed's device didn't shut off his powers. It just scrambled his connection to them. At that point, with the machine still turned on, he couldn't even physically grab his board

Super Skrull Johnny was able to knock Doom off the board but that was only after the device Doom had on his wrist to control the board was destroyed. If it wasn't he could have regained control.

Point is, Surfer doesn't need to be standing on his board to exert control and it's not implied he needs to be on it to use his powers either. After he destroys Cloudlactus, he's floating in space with his silver sheen intact.

Cellophane "S" ftw.

batdude123

Super Skrull Johnny was able to knock Doom off the board but that was only after the device Doom had on his wrist to control the board was destroyed.

You threw me off when you said "and thus, the powers." As in, his powers were all f*cked up.

Regardless, Ben's punches were still able to "clobber" Doom on the surf board. What the f*ck do you think Superman's punches would do to him considering he's a SHIT load stronger than Ben (Thing couldn't even pull a firetruck... lol @ Ben) and a SHIT load faster than the Human Torch and Surfer.

Norrin wouldn't be able to do anything. The most impressive thing he displayed was destroying Galactus, but he had to channel the power for awhile leaving himself vulnerable. Supes isn't going to give him that opportunity. Even then, in terms of power, it doesn't really compare to some of the shit Reeve's Superman pulled. I mean... rewinding time? What the f**k?

Super cellophane ftw.

batdude123
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Cellophane "S" ftw.

You threw me off when you said "and thus, the powers." As in, his powers were all f*cked up.

Regardless, Ben's punches were still able to "clobber" Doom on the surf board. What the f*ck do you think Superman's punches would do to him considering he's a SHIT load stronger than Ben (Thing couldn't even pull a firetruck... lol @ Ben) and a SHIT load faster than the Human Torch and Surfer.

Norrin wouldn't be able to do anything. The most impressive thing he displayed was destroying Galactus, but he had to channel the power for awhile leaving himself vulnerable. Supes isn't going to give him that opportunity. Even then, in terms of power, it doesn't really compare to some of the shit Reeve's Superman pulled. I mean... rewinding time? What the f**k?

Super cellophane ftw.

laughing out loud

Validus
Thing's strength was better in the 2nd movie. He did lift that ferris wheel by himself.

Still, like I said before, Superman wins easy. I just wanted to point that out.

batdude123
Thing's strength was better in the 2nd movie. He did lift that ferris wheel by himself.

That's true. Their powers did seem enhanced compared to the first movie. hmm

Still, moving the moon with ease and flying a kryptonite island at escape velocity>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>lifting a ferris wheel with extreme difficulty.

xmarksthespot
Superman probably wins. Both movies were shitty.

batdude123
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Superman probably wins. Both movies were shitty.

Superman Returns was meh.

F4 2 was meh.

Superman and Superman 2 were great though.

Validus
I honestly think F4 2 was better. Superman Returns was just...wow.

Hannibal-Lector
Im pretty sure since anything the board draws near, energy is drained from, granted supes will punch surfer miles away but it wont do anything, second he gets close again he will be drained a lil more... and so on and so on... i mean just flying over a lake in less than a second froze it solid (if u didnt know kids... heat is energy... ergo he took all the energy out of it). that remains true for non organics at least.... he alters anything organic he touchs or shoots

Avalonofthewind

F4 2 was meh.

Surfer would have kneeled b4 ZOD on planet Houston. big grin

Mind erasing superkiss ftw.

batdude123
I honestly think F4 2 was better. Superman Returns was just...wow.

Perhaps. I actually enjoyed F4 2 which was more than I expected based on the first one.

batdude123
Originally posted by Hannibal-Lector
Im pretty sure since anything the board draws near, energy is drained from, granted supes will punch surfer miles away but it wont do anything, second he gets close again he will be drained a lil more... and so on and so on... i mean just flying over a lake in less than a second froze it solid (if u didnt know kids... heat is energy... ergo he took all the energy out of it). that remains true for non organics at least.... he alters anything organic he touchs or shoots

Nothing he did compared to movie Superman was impressive in the least bit. You think solidifying a few bodies of water is what it takes in order to beat Earth spinning Superman? crylaugh

Surfer goes down easily.

Validus
Perhaps. I actually enjoyed F4 2 which was more than I expected based on the first one.
Exactly. I could actually watch it again (for free on cable) which is more than I would say for the first movie or SR.

batdude123
Exactly. I could actually watch it again (for free on cable) which is more than I would say for the first movie or SR.

What pissed me off about SR was that there was no real action in it besides Superman taking a gatlin gun to the chest and him lifting the island. He comes back after 5 years to confront a bald Kevin Spacey. What the f**k?

At least give me Zod, or Doomsday, or Metallo even.

Validus
I wouldn't mind Lex if his plans were a little better.

A kryptonite island? Come on, Lex. Michael Rosenbaum would be ashamed of you.

batdude123
I wouldn't mind Lex if his plans were a little better.

A kryptonite island? Come on, Lex. Michael Rosenbaum would be ashamed of you.

Well, it would have been nice if Superman actually had to fight somebody on his level. I wanted to see a physical encounter with some one.

Michael Rosenbaum is a better Wally than Lex in my opinion. 131

snoopdogg
Has there been a confirmed villain in the next Superman movie?

quanchi112
What pissed me off about SR was that there was no real action in it besides Superman taking a gatlin gun to the chest and him lifting the island. He comes back after 5 years to confront a bald Kevin Spacey. What the f**k?

At least give me Zod, or Doomsday, or Metallo even. movie was a huge letdowm. it was no batman begins.

batdude123
movie was a huge letdowm. it was no batman begins.

True, it definitely was not Batman Begins, but I thought it was okay.

I hope the next movie is better.

Validus
Can"t be worse.

quanchi112
True, it definitely was not Batman Begins, but I thought it was okay.

I hope the next movie is better. it will be. throw a superpowered being in it. i heard brainiac will be viallin from someone. dont know how true it is or how realiable the guy was. sequel to batman begins i have high hoopes. i heard there is a standoff with the joker and scarecrow. sounds goood.

Deathstroke
Can"t be worse.

I beg to differ.

It could have superkid flying around saving the day.

Mindship
Movie Superman = Precrisis Superman. He wins even against comics Surfer (keeping in mind, as stated in the OP, that SS does not know Superman's weaknesses).

grey fox

F4 2 was meh.

It's amazing how nostalgia blinds people.

Blight
I beg to differ.

It could have superkid flying around saving the day. It could have him pull off his S into throwing knives and have him die so his son can become the NEW Superman...

Juntai
I wanna see Brainiac in the next one, or Mongul.
Then in the third, go ahead and put Lex in the power armor.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Mindship
Movie Superman = Precrisis Superman. He wins even against comics Surfer (keeping in mind, as stated in the OP, that SS does not know Superman's weaknesses).
Movie versions are not comic versions and under normal circumstances, even without knowing beforehand of Superman's weakness Surfer would know it the moment he saw him, but there's not much to prove movie Surfer can do that. Tracking Reed's tracker and knowing invisible Sue was invisible is a start but who knows.

grey fox
Also people keep on saying 'Superman will punch Surfer off his board". Then what ? Nothing.

Surfer only loses his powers when he is separated from his board by a tachyon pulse which disrupts his link to the board. Getting physically knocked off does nothing , considering Doom was knocked off and the board simply picked him up again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.