Silver Surfer vS Dr. Doom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Who'd win?

DigiMark007
Shockingly, I think Doom has the lifetime series on Surfer right now.

But by all rights, Surfer should win, even with some decent prep for Doom.

zoa
Doom makes it interesting but surfer takes it np

Priest
Surfer for the majority, but doom can pull off a win or two.

janus77
Doom.
Surfer's one of my favourite characters. as an idea he's fantastic, space sentinal ...

but by God is he stupid no expression. honestly, he's shockingly adolescent (I guess that's not quite the same thing as stupid but still), like a precursor to the emo generation of navel gazing angsty types no expression.

Doom would probably talk the Surfer into promoting some Network Marketing scheme for him... can just imagine it, Surfer on QVC hocking some shoddy grass-juicer by Doom industries...

Symmetric Chaos
Surfer

He'd have to work for it though.

spidey-dude
SS wins easy

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Shockingly, I think Doom has the lifetime series on Surfer right now.

But by all rights, Surfer should win, even with some decent prep for Doom.

It depends on prep, and just how good Doom is with magic. There seems to be a difference of opinion.

Originally posted by janus77
Doom.
Surfer's one of my favourite characters. as an idea he's fantastic, space sentinal ...

but by God is he stupid no expression. honestly, he's shockingly adolescent (I guess that's not quite the same thing as stupid but still), like a precursor to the emo generation of navel gazing angsty types no expression.

Doom would probably talk the Surfer into promoting some Network Marketing scheme for him... can just imagine it, Surfer on QVC hocking some shoddy grass-juicer by Doom industries...

Sadly, co-signed. sad Surfer acts like such an emo ***** at times...... But, he's much better written in his new one-shot.....

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Sadly, co-signed. sad Surfer acts like such an emo ***** at times...... But, he's much better written in his new one-shot..... Well, that's quite a contradiction, because he's even more "whiny, and b*tchy", if we go by that logic.

Also, he ponders. He's not an emo, he's a thinker.

If you don't know about the character, then...

llagrok
When you've got the death of many planets on your conscience, you're allowed to feel guilty.

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by llagrok
When you've got the death of many planets on your conscience, you're allowed to feel guilty. That too.

Anyway, Doom can't really win this... even with prep (unless he steals someone else's powers).
Since, with prep, his great plans involved tricking Surfer, and sadly, this is a battle.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
That too.

Anyway, Doom can't really win this... even with prep (unless he steals someone else's powers).
Since, with prep, his great plans involved tricking Surfer, and sadly, this is a battle.

I agree, SS beats Doom,

but with prep, Doom wins, imo.

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by Mr Master
I agree, SS beats Doom,

but with prep, Doom wins, imo. Only if he steals powers.
Otherwise, I don't see what he's pulling off.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
Only if he steals powers.
Otherwise, I don't see what he's pulling off.

What about weapons creation? (from scratch) an absorption device is a weapon btw.

Or alien weapon development,

like when Doom was able to build a Cosmic Cube once in the "Chaos Engine Trilogy"

Or gadgets he already has like his time machine. (if he still has it)

You know the old saying,

"me and time against any two" smile

Galan007
I agree with the general consensus..

SS takes the majority here,

But give Doom prep, and he takes it.

King Kandy
Surfer wins, but not conclusivly.

Grimm22
By terms of ability, yes Surfer would definitely win

However, it is an unwritten rule of comics that Surfer ALWAYS gets his ass handed to him by Doom

Tork
SS wins, but Doom should take it if he had prep.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Galan007
I agree with the general consensus..

SS takes the majority here,

But give Doom prep, and he takes it.

Question. can Doom beat Surfer with magic?

Galan007
Question. can Doom beat Surfer with magic? With prep?

Sure. smile

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by Mr Master
What about weapons creation? (from scratch) an absorption device is a weapon btw.

Or alien weapon development,

like when Doom was able to build a Cosmic Cube once in the "Chaos Engine Trilogy"

Or gadgets he already has like his time machine. (if he still has it)

You know the old saying,

"me and time against any two" smile And Doom could build this again?

I don't think Doom likes using his time machine...

Plus, with any prep Doom uses, he still has to start off face-to-face with a bloodlusted Surfer.

Endless Mike
What about the Ovoid Mind Transfer?

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by Endless Mike
What about the Ovoid Mind Transfer? Takes some time, well, unless Surfer's just going to stand there, while he's bloodlusted...
Plus, not even sure it would work on Surfer.

janus77
I'd happily change my mind on the Surfer - Doom thing but, bloodlusted or not, I can always imagine Surfer indulging on some pointless monologue about the sanctity of life, the nefariousness of his opponent, about giving him a chance to reform/rethink ... and really, without those things, nobody would stand a chance against surfer.

it'd be like a "KMC" Flash vs match, only with a combination of Flash, MM and Superman powers on oneside (Surfer).

if Doom has any proper prep-time, then it's just absolutely one-way traffic. all Doom would need to do is trick Surfer into fighting someone else (umm, the list of uber powerful types capable of fighting the Surfer is short but still ...) or create somesort of schism between Galactus and Surfer.

look at what Doom did with Surfer's powers, compare that to what Surfer usually does ... just irritating... so much potential, so little product no expression.

anyhoo... going by KMC bloodlust and no prep:
bell rings,
Doom's eyes attempt to focus on faint blur on the distant horizon
Doom's head is removed from his shoulders

w/ prep:
bell rings
Doombot spies target approaching
Doombot begins to pray at superspeed
Doombot's head rockets towards distant solar system
Surfer perplexed
Surfer owned by some energy sapping/mentally enslaving device
Doom steps out of another dimension, basks in the glory of his achievement.

Surfer fans feel that cold hard truth about the lameness of Surfer's "scientific mind" no expression. feh, even Hulk Stomp has a sort of cold efficiency to it, in comparison.

don't shiv
Doom Clever use of a time machine f.t.w.

The Fake Macoy
Surfer can also time travel...

grey fox
Question. can Doom beat Surfer with magic?

..theoretically , yes. Doom can utilise the Crimson Bands Of Cytorrak to bind the Surfer. The the expected power-absorption/pwnage can begin.

Priest
Originally posted by grey fox
..theoretically , yes. Doom can utilise the Crimson Bands Of Cytorrak to bind the Surfer. The the expected power-absorption/pwnage can begin.
Surfer could phase through them.
Or break out of it maybe??..Namor did it.

grey fox
Originally posted by Priest
Surfer could phase through them.
Or break out of it maybe??..Namor did it.

laughing

janus77
Originally posted by grey fox
laughing
Surfer could break out. Hulk can, why not Surfer.
just a power cosmic amp (if necessary) and then he's out of them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.