Live Free and Die Hard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JesusTheChrist
Can't wait for it, but I have a feeling its gonna be bad. Due to its PG-13 rating.

Smasandian
It's PG-13, what the **** is that?

Ahh crap.

The trailer was awful too.

Impediment
Live Free OR Die Hard, actually.

I'm not too pumped to see it. It's just going to be a lot of elaborate stunts and action. No gritty dialogue or violence, I bet.

ragesRemorse
Any movie that has the line...."you took out that helicopter with a car!"..."i ran out of bullets" In the trailer is a movie that i and every guy should want to see. It's damn die hard movie we are talking about here people. Of course its going to be bad, but bad in all the good ways. Shit, if its better than die hard 2 then we are lucky, die hard 2 is one of the worst action movies ive ever sat through excluding Dean cain cinema.
About the PG-13 rating...yeah im a bit dissapointed, but then again, the only reason after the first die hard that i see the movies tagging an R rating is for the language. However if there is one person in cinema that i want to see throwing around F bombs...its bruce willis. It doesnt make much sense for a franchise to change their rating though, considering the past movies did well with an R rating
guns, explosions, terrorists, and john mclane....thats mixture for a movie i just have to see. I will be the first one in line waiting to see this, in my wife beater, black slacks, and no shoes. People get to dress up for star wars, im dressing up for die hard.

exanda kane
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Any movie that has the line...."you took out that helicopter with a car!"..."i ran out of bullets" In the trailer is a movie that i and every guy should want to see. It's damn die hard movie we are talking about here people. Of course its going to be bad, but bad in all the good ways. Shit, if its better than die hard 2 then we are lucky, die hard 2 is one of the worst action movies ive ever sat through excluding Dean cain cinema.
About the PG-13 rating...yeah im a bit dissapointed, but then again, the only reason after the first die hard that i see the movies tagging an R rating is for the language. However if there is one person in cinema that i want to see throwing around F bombs...its bruce willis. It doesnt make much sense for a franchise to change their rating though, considering the past movies did well with an R rating
guns, explosions, terrorists, and john mclane....thats mixture for a movie i just have to see. I will be the first one in line waiting to see this, in my wife beater, black slacks, and no shoes. People get to dress up for star wars, im dressing up for die hard.

Word.

Syren
Why are they advertising it here as 'Die Hard 4.0'? shrug

ADarksideJedi
I never saw the other ones.But any movie with Bruce normanly suck.So I am not even going to brother trying.JM

office jesus
Die Hard + PG-13 = Baaad.

Smasandian
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
I never saw the other ones.But any movie with Bruce normanly suck.So I am not even going to brother trying.JM

What the **** are you talking about?

Bruce Willis is a very good actor. He isnt Oscar winning actor but good none less.

He gets shit on because he was strictly an action movie star but after Pulp Fiction, on where he was excellent.

He aint amazing but he is very good.

exanda kane
Yeah, Bruce Willis is a solid actor, but then again, if your female, you might not enjoy all the male indulgence of Die Hard anyway.

botankus
PG-13???????? I was actually making plans to hit the theater next Wednesday night! Now I'm not so sure.
Guess instead of "Yippee-Ki-A, mutha****a" we'll get "Hoodly-Do, A$$hole."

manorastroman
like most, i'm a little worried about the rating. but c'mon! the trailer looks amazing. i hope it'll make all other action movies obsolete.

forumcrew
Originally posted by botankus
PG-13???????? I was actually making plans to hit the theater next Wednesday night! Now I'm not so sure.
Guess instead of "Yippee-Ki-A, mutha****a" we'll get "Hoodly-Do, A$$hole."

he can say it once. You get 1 F bomb allowed when you hit 2 it goes to R

Im not worried about the rating im worried about the trailer showing how stupid it is. He fights a fighter jet with a truck, dodges cars flying at him, and there was one other ridiculously stupid thing they showed in the trailers. It looks like rather than story, stlye, or substance they went with special effects and over the top action, similar to how most of the modern Bond movies were ruined.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by forumcrew

Im not worried about the rating im worried about the trailer showing how stupid it is. He fights a fighter jet with a truck, dodges cars flying at him, and there was one other ridiculously stupid thing they showed in the trailers.

yeah, but whats wrong with that? I havent seen the movie, but it appears as though the movie isnt going to take itself seriously. Which is the only direction this franchise can go. Die hard 3 pushed exaggeration to the limits of believability. Pushing everything else further and taking the next step of trumping the previous movie in the franchise while still trying to keep a serious tone would be attempting a micheal bay, and well, that never works.

giving die hard the benefit of the doubt, From the trailers and the cast and crew interviews. Bruce said in a cinescape interview that die hard 4 was made with a fun excuse to blow stuff up.
I mean two things about this movie tell you that it doesnt take itself seriously, and doesnt want you to eighter. One...the title is LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD. laughing out loud
TWO...they casted justin long.
I really think that this flick is going to be blatantly exaggerated action sequences with a streamlined plot just to get john mclane back on the silver screen.

Usually, when it comes to mindless big budget action movies. I cringe with a bruckhiemer sweat. However, Die hard flicks do one thing that most other mindless action flicks dont, and thats to not take itself to seriously, and actually focus on the pacing of the action sequences. Maybe its bruce willis, but shit man, die hard has style i do so enjoy. Unlike watching steven segal movies, i dont have to feel guilty when watching die hard movies, because the action is a bit more sophisticated than others] action movies of its kind, and die hard 2 is a horrid movie.

WrathfulDwarf
Total and complete SHIT!

This film just lost all my interest.

PG13.... thank you stupid teens with their parents money FTS! (For The Suckage)

BackFire
Yeah, really disappointing to hear that.

DocZombie
Originally posted by forumcrew

Im not worried about the rating im worried about the trailer showing how stupid it is. He fights a fighter jet with a truck, dodges cars flying at him, and there was one other ridiculously stupid thing they showed in the trailers. It looks like rather than story, stlye, or substance they went with special effects and over the top action, similar to how most of the modern Bond movies were ruined.

Uhm no, Just look at Epic Movie. They had a parody where a fake Samuel Jackson Says "Mother****ing Snakes on this Mother****ing Plane" like 5 times, and ontop of all that they show naked women there also. I'm suprised how rating will let your hopes down on a great Die Hard sequel. I'm looking forward to seeing this movie..

MildPossession
Yet to see the first three, but someone has let me borrow the trilogy on dvd, so will be watching them over the next week.

Then will rent this new one when it comes out.

Smasandian
The first Die Hard is an classic.

Wicked movie. One of the best action movies ever made.

botankus
As far as the ratings thing goes, I believe that the trend is shifting away from the PG-13 cop-out dupe, thank God. Over the past 5 years, there's no question they were applying the PG-13 rating to bring in more dough. However, if you notice over the past month or so, more movies are coming out PG and R. Like Evan Almighty and Wind Chill - two movies which would have been PG-13 with a bullet a year ago. I'm just speculating, and it's certainly just baby steps, but I hope it's the case.

It's just too bad that Die Hard IV fell victim on the tail end of this.

ragesRemorse
really, aside from language Die hard with a vengence didnt need an R rating.

Bicnarok

ragesRemorse
OH GOD DAMN..I MEAN HOLY GOD DAMN YIPPIE KYE AYE SHIT. this movie was bombasticly entertaining. at times silly? Over the top? YES, and YES. But what die hard movie isnt? Its how they present the sillyness, and over the top big guns and bigger explosions action sequences that makes them so god damn fun.
As of now i am still in bit of a mclane awsomness haze, so once i regain consciousness from the 90 minutes of pure action i will be back to articulate what just happened to me during this movie. Do i review it now, it would obviously be biased, because i am still high from this experience.

mitchum
Never been a Die Hard fan, but after seeing the previews it doesn't look too bad.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
OH GOD DAMN..I MEAN HOLY GOD DAMN YIPPIE KYE AYE SHIT. this movie was bombasticly entertaining. at times silly? Over the top? YES, and YES. But what die hard movie isnt? Its how they present the sillyness, and over the top big guns and bigger explosions action sequences that makes them so god damn fun.
As of now i am still in bit of a mclane awsomness haze, so once i regain consciousness from the 90 minutes of pure action i will be back to articulate what just happened to me during this movie. Do i review it now, it would obviously be biased, because i am still high from this experience.

Completely agree, 100%.

So much fun. A really, truly entertaining movie.

LoneUnknown
I can't wait to see it! Yes, I really wanted it to have a 18 rating but that's not going to stop me from seeing it. I mean it's Die Hard!

=Tired Hiker=
I saw it yesterday, I liked it, but I just couldn't help but compare it to the original Die Hard. The action was really good, the jumping off the airplane part was way too laughable for me though. Lucy McClane was hot, I love that actress, Bruce was in great shape . . . there was just something missing. I think after Allen Rickman's performance as Hanz Gruber in the DH1, the bad guys in this film just don't compare, and the fact that I couldn't help comparing them while watching this film didn't help. Like I said, I liked this movie, it didn't blow me away, but it did entertain me, it was worth seeing, I'd give it 2 1/2 out of 4 stars.

Smasandian
I do agree that the villian lacked Rickman's amazing performance as Gruber, but I liked how they made the villian kinda of weak. It was hilarious when everybody in the theatre and the characters in the movie were like, "dude, stop doing all this shit, you know whats going to happen in the end, its ****ing John McClane".

Considering, its the 4th movie, it needed to be done.

Great action, amazing one liners (I actually think I laughed more in this movie than Knocked Up), storyline was good. A great movie. I never once looked at my watch and I didnt want it to end. When I go see a movie, that rarely happens nowadays.

One thing I do miss is when those hackers were looking up McClane's info, not one was like, " HOLY SHIT, WE'RE ****ED, THIS GUY IS AN TERRORIST KILLER", or someting similiar to those lines. I wish they're was more connection to the other movies, because I was Gabriel, and I saw that info about how McClane stopped three terrorist acts by himself, maybe, I would say something along those lines. Ah well...you cant have everything.

Best line ever was the joke about the hamster....awesome.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Smasandian

One thing I do miss is when those hackers were looking up McClane's info, not one was like, " HOLY SHIT, WE'RE ****ED, THIS GUY IS AN TERRORIST KILLER", o

That would have fit perfectly into the tone of the movie. laughing Though there was a nice acknowledgment at the end when the villian asked Mclane what he wanted on his tombstone "how about always in the wrong place at the wrong time"

I hear many people questioning the more humorous avenue taken with the movie. Personally i appreciate that very much. It is infact die hard part4. Giving the movie a more serious tone would have ruined the film, because it would have forced you to focus on the broken plot. It was just a movie to have big explosions and to see john mclane kicking an ass or two.

I thought the action was very well done. I almost beleived that someone could fight a jet with a truck, but they enver tried to make oyu beleive any of the action was possible. It was like kung fu theater with guns.

comparing this flick with the first die hard is not something anyone should do, because the movie will pale in comparison. If you go into the theater wanting to have fun however, you will leave fulfiled.

SupezM'
Easily the best sequal of the Summer, awesome movie.

BlaxicanHydra
Man, I'm pumped to see this now.

EDIT: I read in a review that this movie refreshed the classic 80's shoot-em up style.

ToMacco
I loved all of the first three, and I loved this one. Live Free or Die Hard was what Die Hard With a Vengeance should have been. Just bullets and balls. This was as good as the first one. I just wish McClane would have been smoking cigarettes in this one.

Darth Vicious

One thing I do miss is when those hackers were looking up McClane's info, not one was like, " HOLY SHIT, WE'RE ****ED, THIS GUY IS AN TERRORIST KILLER", or someting similiar to those lines.

Best line ever was the joke about the hamster....awesome.
I was thinking the same thing. It wouldve made a funny moment!
The freaking guy was like a hamster!

RedAlertv2
This movie was actually really good. Great action sequences, and hilarious one liners. My only complaint is that some of the stunts were pretty unrealistic, but thats the kind of thing I expect from an action movie, so no big deal.

dsilva
cant wait to see the new edition to die hard iether.... and after reading the reviews im pumped up even more than before. im sure it will be fun.http://images.share27.com/282-live-free-or-die-hard.jpg

botankus
I wish they're was more connection to the other movies,

Did you catch the "Agent Johnson" reference? When he grunted, as to infer "not another damn Agent Johnson."

Saw it this past weekend. It was great.

upsidedown flip
This movie was funny and entertaining.

I'm tired of this kung fu shit!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.