Are there any Serenity fans

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Versyn Gaul
Am I alone in thinking that Serenity is one of the Best Sci-Fi movies ever. I dont hear people talk about it much but that movie realy impressed me. Just Looking for fans to chat about it.

Count Makashi
I am a fan of Serenety to, well i am a fan of allot of SCI FI franchises, though didn't see the movie. How would you rate it, against the series.

Versyn Gaul
Of course i liked the series. Was that a made for T.V. Movie? The one thing about a movie is you have to suspend disbelief and Serenity was believable to me and great writing. The Dialog was excellent . Funny and realistic. And of course i love chicks that can kick ass.

Versyn Gaul
I didnt get a chance to se the series unfortunately

exanda kane
I don't enjoy some of the more, ehm, how shall I put this, "retro" sci-fi if you get me, things like Forbidden Planet, Star Trek and Planet of the Apes simply don't interest me, but Serenity, well, what can I say.

The writing was solid, the performances were solid and the action sequences were solid. Nothing genre-breaking, no magnificent backdrop that might equal Star Wars, but it has wit and charm and I loved it.

More in tune in spirit than the Original Star than the new Star Wars (although Queeq think's I'm off my nut by saying that).

Count Makashi
All those 3 movies you mentioned are great, you don't know god material, even if your watching it.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
The best thing about Serenity was Morena Baccarrin.

Versyn Gaul
Originally posted by Count Makashi
All those 3 movies you mentioned are great, you don't know god material, even if your watching it.

I agree with you makashi.

jaden101
what?

Versyn Gaul
Originally posted by jaden101
what?

I only saw a couple episodes. I didnt get to see it in its entirety.(The Series)

Versyn Gaul
Originally posted by jaden101
what?

I didnt realize it was a series . I caught a couple, episodes, but didnt see the movie until after i saw the show.

exanda kane
Originally posted by Count Makashi

I didn't say they weren't good, but I said that they do not interest me.

Mišt
They're showing a screening for Joss's charity thing on the the weekend, cant wait to see it on the big screen, missed it the first time.

Got it on my ipod w00t

Versyn Gaul

exanda kane
Joss Whedon is the creator of Firefly/Serenity. He also created Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Movie and series) although that was pretty cack and he is set to direct X-Men 4, I believe.

DocZombie
Firefly was a great Show, Unfortunately Fox is stupid and shuts down a great Show. And yes, Serenity is a great movie. I don't think some of the critics think otherwise, but yeah I wish they continued with the show Firefly.

WO Polaski
Firefly always bored me erm I never liked the whole futuristic western thing, plus main characters who are tough annoy me.

Versyn Gaul
I am not familiar with firefly. I didn't see a western correlation with serenity. i just thought that they were portraying a more realistic idea of the future without everyone having a laser gun or supper powers and having to struggle to survive as apposed to walking up to the food dispenser and saying "Tea,old grey" and it appears.

Quinlan-Vos
Firefly/ Serenity rock- and Firefly is very Western, Serenity not so much. Though Mal still uses a freakin' six gun...
Hell, take away the spaceships and call the planets countries and its a western. Brilliant series, absolutely brilliant. Same goes for the film. My favourite TV series of all time. Anyone seen the R. Tam Sessions also?

AbnormalButSane
Ahh love Firefly! I was so happy they made Serenity. big grin

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Summer Glau was great too. She'll make a great female terminator.

AbnormalButSane
Summer Glau is indeed great. I didn't know she was to be the next Terminator. huh

Bicnarok
Serenity was brilliant, one of my favorite movies, but not of all time.

kodak
Serenity and FireFly had some points which crossed.

But they both Rocked! rock

bobbi
Both were great. Fox totally messed everything up. They played the episodes out of order too and kept changing when it was on tv (interrupting it with sports games or something) which explains why they didn't get as many fans as they should have. Stupid Fox...

I love Serenity and Firefly though. I really wish they could have continued firefly. There was so much that could have been filled in between the series and the movie.

Crease
Originally posted by Versyn Gaul
Am I alone in thinking that Serenity is one of the Best Sci-Fi movies ever. I dont hear people talk about it much but that movie realy impressed me. Just Looking for fans to chat about it.

No, you are not alone.

And River is the best ass-kicker in movie history.

panic469
I absolutly loved that movie action packed and full of suspence, in fact... my dad showed it to me and then intoroduced to firefly. im addictded to both!!! stick out tongue

Movie tragic
Loved it smile

Kazenji
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Summer Glau was great too. She'll make a great female terminator.

And also would make a good X-23

Lycanthrope
Holy crap! I started this thread in June 2007. And I see someone just posted to it. I thought it went to oblivion after all this time.

Robtard
5513mXmQbw4

Serious Impact
I know this is a rather old thread that I'm bringing back from the dead, but I have to say that I loved Serenity and the Firefly series!

I also wanted to mention that I actually managed to get his autograph on my movie ticket! I live on Cape Cod and went to see the movie on opening night. I found out shortly after the movie ended that Joss Whedon was actually in the audience with us! He was vacationing on the Cape with his wife. After the movie, we bumped into him in the parking lot and he autographed my ticket! Very nice guy, who deserved a lot better from FOX. I wish him lots of success with his new show Dollhouse, which, btw, I recommend highly.

x-fetish
I am a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY big Firefly and Serenity fan.

My sister watched the series when it originally aired , i missed some episodes but was still sad when it was cancelled and looked forward to serenity, the second i heard there would be a movie. Over the weekend my sis and i were walking in a store and saw the whole series on dvd and she goes "we're not leaving here without this" (she must be psychic). We finished watching the whole thing yesterday, and it made me want to kick Fox for canceling one of the best shows ever. My brother of course came in five minutes before we finished watching it and flipped out that noone informed him. Turns out he likes it too. DARN YOU FOX.

yeah i know the thread is old, but i just saw it so it's new to me big grin

Serious Impact
Originally posted by x-fetish
I am a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY big Firefly and Serenity fan.

My sister watched the series when it originally aired , i missed some episodes but was still sad when it was cancelled and looked forward to serenity, the second i heard there would be a movie. Over the weekend my sis and i were walking in a store and saw the whole series on dvd and she goes "we're not leaving here without this" (she must be psychic). We finished watching the whole thing yesterday, and it made me want to kick Fox for canceling one of the best shows ever. My brother of course came in five minutes before we finished watching it and flipped out that noone informed him. Turns out he likes it too. DARN YOU FOX.

yeah i know the thread is old, but i just saw it so it's new to me big grin

Yea, I loved the show too. Fox sucks for canceling it, but at least they are giving Dollhouse a respectable chance. I hope he succeeds this time. The show is pretty good, but I don't think it's quite as good as Fire Fly was. I'm sure it will get better as the series progresses though. This IS Joss Whedon after all.

Darth Martin
Watching the series now. Will watch the movie when I'm finished with the show.

ToyChop
"Am I a lion?"

That exchange was fantastic.

"...is it Christmas?" was another gem (Mal waking up disoriented w/ the crew around him, I think it was when he got seduced/KO'd by the hot redhead who came aboard).

jaden101
OO OO OO-OO OO OO OO MISS CLIFTON...MISS CLIFTON...OO OO MISS CLIFTON.

MildPossession
A friend of mine said I remind him of Summer Glau(River) in Serenity/Firefly, I don't know if that's a good or bad thing...

wicker_man

Spartan005
Am I the only one who didn't like the movie? I made it 30 minutes in after nearly dying from boredom. It seemed like a low budget star wars that tried too hard to be all new and clever

idk maybe i'll finish watching it someday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.