silver surfer(upgraded) vs thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lionking
can surfer beat thanos if he truly lets go

quanchi112
not bloody likely

Symmetric Chaos
Seeing as how Thanos has beaten Surfer so many times . . . I'd say no

llagrok
This upgrade isn't enough I think. He wasn't even close to beating Tenebrous and Aegis by the use of brute force.

Rewmac
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Seeing as how Thanos has beaten Surfer so many times . . . I'd say no Well I suppose it's last seen Thanos versus Surfer from Annihilation. I suppose he can pull of a couple of wins.

Mindship
It's very ambiguous what Galactus did and how the Surfer got "upgraded." At the very least, he's fiercer; but it just isn't clear-cut as to whether he is actually stronger.

On that uncertainty alone: Thanos vins.

Soljer
Originally posted by Mindship
It's very ambiguous what Galactus did and how the Surfer got "upgraded." At the very least, he's fiercer; but it just isn't clear-cut as to whether he is actually stronger.

On that uncertainty alone: Thanos vins.

It IS clear cut that the Surfer was made more powerful. Galactus directly SAYS so.

Not that he's shown it off thus far....

Symmetric Chaos
Wait I change my opinion!

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Silver_Surfer
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Thanos

End game 313

Soljer
Wait I change my opinion!

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Silver_Surfer
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Thanos

End game 313

Holy shit, does the 'official rating' represent the Surfer as Doop-level?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Soljer

yes

There is nothing that is beyond his power! GODS KNEEL BEFORE HIS MIGHT evillaugh

For example:http://www.marvel.com/universe/Galactus

janus77
rofl, Surfer more intelligent than Thanos!
I guess that makes BP God then, no?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by janus77
rofl, Surfer more intelligent than Thanos!
I guess that makes BP God then, no?

Did you miss that the official rankings place Surfer above Galactus?

I thought that was way more screwed up.

janus77
Did you miss that the official rankings place Surfer above Galactus?

I thought that was way more screwed up.
forgot to check that ... was checking out the ranking of Hulk.

just saw the ranking, Galactus is slower than Surfer (not sure if that's possible) and doesn't have as good fighting skills. it makes some sense.

Galactus doesn't fight, he just annihilates. Surfer's not so far above the majority of the rest of the universe, so he has to tussle and "bust a move".

funny thing is, the fans tend to underestimate Surfer, as compared to Thanos. Marvel's rating of Surfer is higher than the fan rating, and Marvel's rating of Thanos is lower than the fan rating.

are those accusations of instances of "Thanos fanboyism" maybe a little bit factual?

Jebus reborn
forgot to check that ... was checking out the ranking of Hulk.

just saw the ranking, Galactus is slower than Surfer (not sure if that's possible) and doesn't have as good fighting skills. it makes some sense.

Galactus doesn't fight, he just annihilates. Surfer's not so far above the majority of the rest of the universe, so he has to tussle and "bust a move".

funny thing is, the fans tend to underestimate Surfer, as compared to Thanos. Marvel's rating of Surfer is higher than the fan rating, and Marvel's rating of Thanos is lower than the fan rating.

are those accusations of instances of "Thanos fanboyism" maybe a little bit factual? Wow, that's stupid shit.

Anyway, unless you admit that Surfer is smarter than Thanos, then this no-facts-post holds true.

Thanos wins.

janus77
I'd like to see a Thanos - Surfer battle, were Surfer's both 'bloodlusted' and using his awesome powers cleverly.

he has the potential to, at the very least, trouble Thanos. the ass-kicking he gets is honestly mostly down to his stupidity and the Thanos aura thing, imo.

Jebus reborn
I'd like to see a Thanos - Surfer battle, were Surfer's both 'bloodlusted' and using his awesome powers cleverly.

he has the potential to, at the very least, trouble Thanos. the ass-kicking he gets is honestly mostly down to his stupidity and the Thanos aura thing, imo. When Surfer was bloodlusted in a comic, he punched Super Skrull in the face...

Like to see him do that to Thanos...

Also, the double standards are ridiculous.
What happens if Thanos uses his powers cleverly?
No, that can't be!
He don't have powers!

So, basically, you are ignoring Surfer's entire history, just to try and prove Thanos beating him was pis?
Good logic.

I'd make a point here, about how it wasn't pis, but it seems people on this forum, are ignorant of Thanos, and Surfer.

Claiming pis on that fight, is like claiming pis on Surfer's whole history.

janus77
Thanos does use his powers well, when he resorts to them.
Surfer shouldn't be up close and personal with Thanos. that is stupid.

does Surfer lack for range attacks? no.

does Surfer perform better with his fists than with smart applications of the Power Cosmic? no.

so why does Surfer come in close? so that Thanos can kick his ass.

let's see Thanos stretched, made to do something more than just grab Surfer and smack him down.

say Surfer blasts the planet or moon that Thanos is on, from distance. Thanos doesn't move as fast as Surfer, he's probably not as mobile nor possessed with the same distance vision.

TricksterPriest

does Surfer perform better with his fists than with smart applications of the Power Cosmic? no.

let's see Thanos stretched, made to do something more than just grab Surfer and smack him down.

say Surfer blasts the planet or moon that Thanos is on, from distance. Thanos doesn't move as fast as Surfer, he's probably not as mobile nor possessed with the same distance vision.

...........Surfer gets assraped against Thanos. Always has been, always will be. There's no way in hell Surfer beats a normal Thanos. thumb down

Jebus reborn

say Surfer blasts the planet or moon that Thanos is on, from distance. Thanos doesn't move as fast as Surfer, he's probably not as mobile nor possessed with the same distance vision. Surfer did blast Thanos though, and got caught...

You know, this same logic could be used for Thanos...
Why does Thanos have to hit him with his fists, when he could apply a mind whammy, a massive blast of energy, absorb Surfer's attack, and redirect it in a massive blast, or a dome of energy, put a shield around Surfer, etc.
Activate his power cosmic, and take the battle to the air.

Plus, let's ignore I said the last paragraph for a minute, how exactly does this make it pis?
You're using feats that Surfer rarely uses, or things that he would never do in a fight.
It's not a plot device, it's the way Surfer fights.
He flew, he shot, he got caught.

The tactics may work for others, but it didn't work for Thanos... so now it's pis?

the Darkone

don't go by marvel rating, it's fan voting not everbody who is voting has common sense.

SpunkySmurph
Holy shit, does the 'official rating' represent the Surfer as Doop-level? *cries in corner*

Soljer
Originally posted by the Darkone
don't go by marvel rating, it's fan voting not everbody who is voting has common sense.

No, there is the fan voted rating, and the 'official' marvel rating.

*laughs*.

long pig
I don't care how many times Thanos "catches" surfer in a fight. Mainly due to the fact that character's speeds are made even when they fight other characters to make the fight more exciting. Meaning, Surfer is faster and Thanos would never lay a damn finger on him.

I still stand by my claim that all the versions of Surfer (or superman) should either beat or stalemate Thanos. All Thanos has is friggin' durability (surfer has better durability feats, though. Superman too) and powerful blasts (yep, surf and Supe have superior blast feats). Neither of which will win this fight.

Xplosive
Well, since I really don't believe SS is smarter than Thanos, then I don't take that ranking seriously.
And that rankings changes. Apocalypse before had intelligence on scale 6, now it's on 4, energy projection had 3, now he has 7.
I don't know how can that be official ratings.
And based on the ratings bellow speed, SS should be faster than Galactus, no way.

Anyway, I would still say Thanos would win, or should we wait for more showings of this new SS, because it still wouldn't be surprise that herald of Galactus could win against Thanos.

llagrok
Originally posted by long pig
I don't care how many times Thanos "catches" surfer in a fight. Mainly due to the fact that character's speeds are made even when they fight other characters to make the fight more exciting. Meaning, Surfer is faster and Thanos would never lay a damn finger on him.

I still stand by my claim that all the versions of Surfer (or superman) should either beat or stalemate Thanos. All Thanos has is friggin' durability (surfer has better durability feats, though. Superman too) and powerful blasts (yep, surf and Supe have superior blast feats). Neither of which will win this fight.

I call bullshit on that.

Thanos was able to send back Galactus with his powerblasts and knock out Thor/Thing easily. Even though Galactus got back up after it, it's still not a bad feat.

Mindship
It IS clear cut that the Surfer was made more powerful. Galactus directly SAYS so.
Not that he's shown it off thus far....
I don't have issues 1 and 4, so maybe I've missed something. But in issue 3, where Galactus says he can give him the will, "new power" and remove his remorse, Surfer says, no, give me the will and leave my remorse. "Power" is not mentioned in the Surfer's response.

So while a power upgrade is certainly implied, it's not explicit, IMO. And that Surfer hasn't shown it thus far doesn't help.

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by long pig

I still stand by my claim that all the versions of Surfer (or superman) should either beat or stalemate Thanos. All Thanos has is friggin' durability (surfer has better durability feats, though. Superman too) and powerful blasts (yep, surf and Supe have superior blast feats). Neither of which will win this fight. Wow...
And that's why no one should take your opinion on Thanos.wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.