Hal v Darkseid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
well, we've seen supes beat the snot out of DS a couple times recently (though some might disagree). could hal take down the lord of apokalips in a fight to the death?

DigiMark007
I really want to say yes, but I also know I'm wrong.

embarrasment

starking
no

DigiMark007
But.....but....WILLPOWER!

Right?

confused

hush
no not at all.

Symmetric Chaos
He wills himself into becoming Darkseid.

Poorly defined limitations ftw!

starking
Seriously, Stayne could probally own Hal with a large majority, but Ds himself, not likely.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by DigiMark007
But.....but....WILLPOWER!

Right?

confused

I'll be honest. I really just love typing willpower in Caps and using that as an argument. I have a non-comic-reading friend who likes the Corps, and she always uses that as an argument, even when I'm flat-out telling her she's wrong ("No {insert name}, Galactus isn't going to be overcome by sheer willpower. No, I don't care what Surfer did to him in the movie....*sigh* )

Endless Mike
If Raker Quarrigat can beat Darkseid with a shovel, then Hal creams him.

Symmetric Chaos
I'll be honest. I really just love typing willpower in Caps and using that as an argument. I have a non-comic-reading friend who likes the Corps, and she always uses that as an argument, even when I'm flat-out telling her she's wrong ("No {insert name}, Galactus isn't going to be overcome by sheer willpower. No, I don't care what Surfer did to him in the movie....*sigh* )

laughing out loud It's like anime writers who find themselves in a hole.

"So he's fighting a guy so powerful that just being within 5 feet of him causes people of die? Yeah he'll win through will power and love."

The sad part is I've actually seen that done no expression

panthergod
Originally posted by Endless Mike
If Raker Quarrigat can beat Darkseid with a shovel, then Hal creams him.

Since Raker never husrt Darkseid anywhere, and Darkseid crushced him, them Hal gets destroyed 8/10 here.

Soljer
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
laughing out loud It's like anime writers who find themselves in a hole.

"So he's fighting a guy so powerful that just being within 5 feet of him causes people of die? Yeah he'll win through will power and love."

The sad part is I've actually seen that done no expression

And things like that make you one of the biggest geeks on this board.

But I love you anyways.

love

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Soljer
And things like that make you one of the biggest geeks on this board.

But I love you anyways.

love

cool

guy222
Originally posted by leonidas
well, we've seen supes beat the snot out of DS a couple times recently (though some might disagree). could hal take down the lord of apokalips in a fight to the death?

prolly ds

Redatom65
wow the DS fanboys haven't arrived. DS is vastly superior, and will probably run with the win

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Hal can beat DS here. Not sure how though.

quanchi112
darkseid wins 8 out of ten

TricksterPriest
I really want to say yes, but I also know I'm wrong.

embarrasment

That's right. yes You know it within your heart. Darkseid is your lord and master. evil face http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/Darkseidownsall.png

You will respect 'The Tiger Force of creation' cool If the god damn Guardians don't think they can beat Darkseid, Hal's gonna die very painfully. evillaugh

leonidas
where did the idea come from that the guardians were personally afraid of DS? they sent the corps to apok once and they got killed because DS used yellow tech to murder them all. of course, that wouldn't work against hal nowadays.

given the beating supes gave him, i'm surprised more aren't giving hal a chance.

leonidas
still no GL luv? where's val . . .?

grey fox
DS smokes GL's for breakfast , sending him another isn't going to do any good.

Validus
Originally posted by leonidas
still no GL luv? where's val . . .?
I'll say Hal can win a few simply because I don't think DS is anything more than a just another villain these days.

Rewmac
Originally posted by Validus
I'll say Hal can win a few simply because I don't think DS is anything more than a just another villain these days.
But according to his powerset and not to the only the comics. I doubt that GL Hal can shield a well shot OE...It might be possible, but since Superman has given DS a beating I lost my trust in the character.

leonidas
Originally posted by Validus

i tend to agree with you. be interesting to see if hal's will power could resist the OE. has he ever really faced DS? anyone know if they've had a direct conflict?

starlock
Darkseid for the win

Soljer
Hal has a better chance than most are giving him.

'Seid's gone down a notch or ten.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.