Spectacular Spiderman: New Animated TV Show

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1

I just saw Doc Ock, Sandman, Vulture, and electro in that one pic. I hope they get good voice actors and make it just as good as the 90's show. I'm liking the Ultimate Spidey look too. Thats my favorite Spiderman look of all!!

I may get a new favorite show!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/spider-mannews.php?id=5894

http://superherohype.com/nextraimages/kidswbspidey.jpg

This show is going to kick ass!

Yoshi Fanatic
I hope Venom is in it. He has to be in it...

DARKLORDCAEDUS
This mew Spidey cartoon looks rather cool.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Yoshi Fanatic
he is

WO Polaski
Must Venom be in everything SPiderman related?

Yoshi Fanatic
Of course.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by WO Polaski
He's too famous and loved not to be. It's better than the Green Goblin

freezedoom
I wonder if they'll show Felicia Hardy/Black Cat in the series... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Spider-Chris
haha its a trade mark

DARKLORDCAEDUS
What about The Scorpion? Or Hobgoblin?

Ultimate Hulk43

Of course he's in.......what idiot wouldn't include VENOM of all people in a Spider-Man cartoon? You'd have to be pretty stupid.

Anyway, I hope that this series is as good as the 1990's animated series or if they could make it even better, that'd be great. The origins need to be spot on like in the 90's animated series. I'd also like to see the Sandman appear. And no Spot, he sucks.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
Of course he's in.......what idiot wouldn't include VENOM of all people in a Spider-Man cartoon? You'd have to be pretty stupid.

Anyway, I hope that this series is as good as the 1990's animated series or if they could make it even better, that'd be great. The origins need to be spot on like in the 90's animated series. I'd also like to see the Sandman appear. And no Spot, he sucks.
Lol, he only had one episode in the 90's cartoons.

Oh, and this better not be like in the Spider-man unlimited cartoon, that sucked so much, it was utter shit. Green Goblin was an idiotic good guy, and Venom and Carnage had a hideout that looked like it was something from Aliens.

steverules
GG was a good guy...please tell me your joking

Yoshi Fanatic
He's not joking. Green Goblin was really a good guy.

Arachnid1

Arachnid1

Dude, you cant have a spiderman show with no venom in it. Thats like an xmen show with no wolverine. Its just not possible.

Arachnid1
He's not joking. Green Goblin was really a good guy.

I've never seen that show. Was he ridiculusly stupid or was he cool?

Ultimate Hulk43
Ridiculously stupid. His outfit & get up was completely stupid.

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by Arachnid1
No hes not...

Actually, I have to agree, Venom is kind of better than GG.

steverules
Indeed Venom is better

Ultimate Hulk43
Now, for me to think who's better between Venom & Carnage makes my head want to explode.

Anybody want to see Spider-Carnage in this series?

steverules
I dunno, I have mixed feelings about it...as for who's Better between Venom and Carnage I go with Venom...thats Eddie Venom though, if u mean Mac Venom then I say carnage is better

Yoshi Fanatic
Eddie Brock as Venom is better than Carnage. The Mac Gargan Venom is just stupid.

Ultimate Hulk43
I like Mac Gargan as Venom, his look is just badass.

Arachnid1
I hope you mean you just like Venom more guys, cause Carnage would slaughter him. If your talking about who you like more, I choose Venom too. Carnage isn't even in my top ten.

Ultimate Hulk43
Carnage is in my top ten but yeah, we're talking about who we like better. Everyone knows or should know that Venom stands no chance against Carnage. Speaking of my top 10, here it is (you all should post yours too):

1. Venom
2. The Green Goblin
3. The Sandman
4. Carnage
4. The Lizard
5. Doc Ock
6. The Scorpion
7. The Kingpin
8. Electro
9. Hydro Man (Yeah, he's on my list? Wanna make a big deal of it?)

I can't think of my last one but these are the nine I did come up with.

Yoshi Fanatic
The Mac Gargan Venom wouldn't stand a chance against Carnage. The Eddie Brock Venom would probably beat him.

Ultimate Hulk43
No, Eddie Brock's Venom can't beat Carnage. Nor can Mac Gargan's Venom beat Carnage (but he's still badass). It's even been stated that every time a symbiote reproduces, it's offspring is stronger than the parent. Carnage once took on both Spider-Man & Venom without a problem. He also did it in the 90's animated series.

Yoshi Fanatic
Yeah, but in the Ultimate universe, Venom was able to beat Carnage.

Ultimate Hulk43
That's the ultimate universe, I'm talking about the original universe of Spider-Man.

Yoshi Fanatic
Oh, well Venom would stand a chance. He may not win, but he will put up a good fight.

Ultimate Hulk43
I doubt it because Carnage took on Venom AND Spider-Man simultaneously without any problem. Venom alone wouldn't even be able to make Carnage break a sweat.

Arachnid1
Yeah, but in the Ultimate universe, Venom was able to beat Carnage.

The ultimate verse is very different. Spiderman was able to beat Venom dude. And that wasn't carnage. That was Spider-carnage. And there are two other Carnages anyway.

Spiderman_RJ
WTF are you talking about,they are going with the CLASSIC spiderman histories,and the fact that they included sandman proves it,this is problably gonna be like the batman,and since this is spiderman earlier years no venom! maybe in the 2 or 3 year.

Yoshi Fanatic
Yeah, right. I'm pretty sure that the story writers made sure to include the popular villain. That means that they have to include all of the villains that were in the movies: Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Sandman, and Venom. Harry Osborn isn't really a villain, but he should still be in the cartoon.

Ultimate Hulk43
Of course Harry's going to be in the cartoon. Not including him is like not including the Green Goblin.

Ultimate Hulk43
I've just read on wikipedia that Venom will be appearing in this series & he will be voiced by Ben Diskin. This is believable because wikipedia keeps their site updated daily & make sure that any unreliable news is deleted (for the most part). Hopefully Venom won't appear anytime soon because I kind of feel that it'd be too early to introduce him in the first season. Villains like the Green Goblin & Doc Ock are the ones who should be introduced during the first season.

Yoshi Fanatic
As long as Venom is in the cartoon, I'll be satisfied.

Ultimate Hulk43
Which version do you think he should resemble? The 616 version or the Ultimate version?

Menetnashté
I doubt it because Carnage took on Venom AND Spider-Man simultaneously without any problem. Venom alone wouldn't even be able to make Carnage break a sweat.
No he didn't the first time they fought he ran away and the second time they beat him, and Venom and Carnage seemed at the same level during Maximum Carnage the only time Venom lost was when Shriek intervened. And at the end of the series Carnage went more insane then usual and Venom kicked the crap out of him. Venom was above spidey by a lot back then, he almost killed him and Carnage on a number of occasions, though most of the time he almost killed Carnage it was with help.

Ultimate Hulk43
That's bullcrap because I've seen images of the comic book around here where Carnage beat the crap out of both Venom & Spider-Man simultaneously.

Arachnid1

Ultimate Hulk43
Lol, it's been said a million times that anytime a symbiote reproduces, it produces a stronger symbiote, at least stronger than the parent.

Btw, who do you guys think would win in a fight between Eddie Brock & Cletus Cassidy (without the suits, just them as regular humans)?

ankur29
i hope they show spidey displaying powers similar to his comicbook counterpart , the 90's cartoon spidey said he had problems lifting a wolkswagen

Ultimate Hulk43
Well, since he's a teenager & is just going to be getting his powers, he probably won't be doing a lot of heavy lifting right away.

Dazzler619

Btw, who do you guys think would win in a fight between Eddie Brock & Cletus Cassidy (without the suits, just them as regular humans)?

Well Brock is more bigger then Cassidy but since he is a killer, he may find a weapon on Brock

Mr Parker

I just saw Doc Ock, Sandman, Vulture, and electro in that one pic. I hope they get good voice actors and make it just as good as the 90's show. I'm liking the Ultimate Spidey look too. Thats my favorite Spiderman look of all!!

I may get a new favorite show!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/spider-mannews.php?id=5894

http://superherohype.com/nextraimages/kidswbspidey.jpg

This show is going to kick ass!

if its a lot like the 90's toon was in its first season-that show rocked then,it will rock as well.after the first season,that show went downhill and got pregressively worse..If its ANYTHING related to those horrible movies or anything like the new cartoon they made after the first film came out,this cartoon will suck as bad as those did.I hope it goes along the same lines as the first season of the 90's show did because that is the best spidey incarnation that has been brought to the screen so far.I hope they will include Gwen stacy in this time as well or once again I will be in for ANOTHER dissapointing cartoon series. mad

Yoshi Fanatic
Originally posted by Dazzler619
Well Brock is more bigger then Cassidy but since he is a killer, he may find a weapon on Brock

If it was a fair fight between Brock and Cassidy, then Brock would pummel Cassidy to a pulp without breaking a sweat.

Ultimate Hulk43
I doubt it'd be that easy. Just because you have a lot of muscle doesn't always guarantee victory. There are a lot of strong skinny guys out there, just look at some boxers or UFC fighters. Plus, crazy people are usually pretty strong. I think that Cassidy would definitely be able to hang with Brock in a fight, it wouldn't be a walk in the park for Brock.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
The new cartoon sounds promising. I look forward to watch it.

Ultimate Hulk43
I want some more pictures to see what everything else is going to look like. I'm hoping that the actors they have for the characters will fit them like in the 90's animated series. Daran Norris (Fairly Oddparents) is voicing Jonah Jameson & I don't really know if that's the right choice but I'll reserve judgement until I see the cartoon. Josh Keaton, however, seems like the perfect choice for Peter Parker/Spider-Man.

Dazzler619
Ed Asner should return to voice JJJ

Yoshi Fanatic
I doubt it'd be that easy. Just because you have a lot of muscle doesn't always guarantee victory. There are a lot of strong skinny guys out there, just look at some boxers or UFC fighters. Plus, crazy people are usually pretty strong. I think that Cassidy would definitely be able to hang with Brock in a fight, it wouldn't be a walk in the park for Brock.

It would be easy for Brock. Brock is somewhat a strategist which gives him an advantage over Cassidy. Crazy people don't think when fighting, they just go all out. Since Brock has both brains and brawn, he could easily defeat Cassidy.

Ultimate Hulk43
I still believe that Cassidy could give him a good fight for a while.

Btw, did any of you know that Cletus Kasady was based on the Joker?

Yoshi Fanatic
I'm not surprised at all. Both Cletus and the Joker are crazy.

Dazzler619
But both are still smart

Yoshi Fanatic
Cletus Cassidy never showed any signs of intelligence...

Ultimate Hulk43
The smartest thing he's probably done is.....damn, I can't think of anything from his history that says "Smart."

Dazzler619
I could be wrong but I think he knows how to break off security codes

Menetnashté
I could be wrong but I think he knows how to break off security codes
no I don't think so...he just kills people. In one issue of spidey Venom said "Your reign of terror is over!" and Carnage replied. "Rain?" So yeah he's pretty dumb.

Menetnashté
Lol, it's been said a million times that anytime a symbiote reproduces, it produces a stronger symbiote, at least stronger than the parent.

Untrue, Eddie Brock without the symbiote was giving his spawn a good fight.
Dude, while what your saying is true, those fights where full of PIS. Venom isn't really on Carnages level.
PIS?

Arachnid1

Menetnashté
Plot introduced stupidity. They make someone stronger or do something out of character for the sake of the plot. They just don't wan't venom to loose everytime. If there was no such thing as plot introduced stupidity, Spiderman would be dead by now.

Another good example of plot introduced stupidity is Wolverine vs Sabretooth. Sabretooth is stronger, faster, more instinctive, has the adamantium skeleton, a healing factor, and claws. He outclasses Wolverine in all categories except smarts but wolverine doesn'thave much smarts either besides street smarts. Sabretooth should be winning 8-9/10 of his fights with Wolverine but PIS and Wolverines abnormally big jobber aura always gets in the way.

Its the same with any Venom vs Carnage fight excpt carnage should be winning 10/10 of those fights.
Well Carnage is obviously more powerful but he's never proved to be that powerful compared to Venom, Carnage would sometimes win but it was usually a fairly even fight with Carnage just having the edge, it's always shown them like that so I doubt it's always been PIS.

Micheal_Myers
Carnage is stronger than Venom.End of discussion, Venom may have defeated him a few times, but the stronger of the two is very very obvious.Venom ussually has to team up with Spiderman to beat Carnage.

I just got done watching some of Spiderman unlimited.I couldnt make it through the first 9 and a half minutes.They introduced Venom and Carnage in the first episode!?And they work together!??!Carnage looked utterly retarded as well.

This new show sounds promising.Of course Venom and Carnage will be a part of it, but from the poster it looks like the vulture is taking the first major villain spotlight which is good.Thats pretty much teh way it was done in the comics.I mean, Chameleon did come first, but he wasnt very major if you ask me.

Dazzler619

Ultimate Hulk43
Yeah, he's sarcastic most of the time but Brock is still smarter.

Yoshi Fanatic
He was probably being sarcastic when he said that.He is a very sarcastic guy

I doubt Carnage was being sarcastic. He just isn't smart, compared to Venom.

Arachnid1

Ultimate Hulk43
The fact of the matter is Venom is not stronger than Carnage. You can be the biggest Venom fan out there but that doesn't mean he's stronger than Carnage because he isn't.

ssj_naraku

Yoshi Fanatic
Trust me, he was being dumb...

Arachnid1
Trust me, he was being dumb...

Dude. From the way he was saying that stuff ssj_naruko typed up, that seemed to be a figure of speech. He wasn't being stupid. Carnage isn't as stupid as your making him out to be. I'm not really sure how smart Venom is, but since he was a high class photographer and strategist, its pretty obvious he is smarter that your everyday hack and slash serial killer.

Carnage isn't as smart as Venom, but carnage isn't retarded. Venom isn't as smart as your making him out to be too. He's just smarter than carnage. Your overestimating one character and underestimating another. Venom has waaaay more brawns that brain.

Yoshi Fanatic
Venom is still smarter than Carnage, though...

Arachnid1
Venom is still smarter than Carnage, though...

Ya. In a strait out fight between casady and brock, Brock would win. Without the symbiote, its the other way around.

Yoshi Fanatic
Without the symbiote, Cletus wouldn't stand a chance against Brock.

Dazzler619
Your sure about that? wink

Yoshi Fanatic
Yeah. As long as it's just a fist fight, then Eddie would beat the crap out of Cletus.

Dazzler619
Well brains can be better then muscles lol

Yoshi Fanatic
Eddie Brock has both brains and brawn.

Ultimate Hulk43
It's mostly brawn. Brock is smart but he's not a genius.

Ultimate Hulk43
Yeah. As long as it's just a fist fight, then Eddie would beat the crap out of Cletus.

Not necessarily. As I've stated before, skinniness doesn't mean you're a weakling & Kasady is certainly no weakling.

Yoshi Fanatic
He's weaker than Brock, though.

Ultimate Hulk43
Not necessarily. What makes you think he's so weak? Do you even have a solid reason for underestimating him so much?

masterpiece
Here's my top ten-
10.Venom
9.Toxin
8.Chamelion
7.Scorpion
6.Mysterio
5.Electro
4.Rhino
3.Carnage
2.Lizard
1.Shocker

Ultimate Hulk43
I want to see more of the Rhino & in this series he should actually have an origin story instead of just being the delivery boy for the Kingpin.

Yoshi Fanatic
Yeah. The Rhino always seems to be a lackey and never does anything important or significant. He needs to have a more important role in the series.

Ultimate Hulk43
The same can be said for Carnage. He only appeared in about three episodes & was a lackey in two of the episodes.

Yoshi Fanatic
Carnage is a major villain, though. The Rhino is just a henchmen.

Ultimate Hulk43
Yes, Carnage is a major villain but even the Rhino being a henchman got more time in the show than Carnage. I'm not disputing the fact that Carnage is a major villain, I'm saying that he needs to have more time in this new series because in the 90's series he only appeared in three episodes.

Yoshi Fanatic
At Carnage appeared in almost every episode of Spiderman Unlimited...

Ultimate Hulk43
Yeah, but that show sucked. Sure, I liked it but it still sucked. That version of Carnage was horrible. Venom looked cool but Carnage looked retarded.

Yoshi Fanatic
The show wasn't that bad. Of course, Venom did look awesome in "Spiderman Unlimited". Carnage looked plain awful.

Ultimate Hulk43
The show was okay but Carnage looked like a damn crackhead in a red suit.

Yoshi Fanatic
He looked more like a dripping red skeleton...

Ultimate Hulk43
Well, to get back to the topic of the new animated series, I hope that all of the villains that weren't truly in the spotlight in the 90's animated series get a chance to shine in this series. Especially the Scorpion, the Rhino, & Carnage.

Yoshi Fanatic
I hope so, too. It would be good if Spiderman had some new allies in this animated series.

Arachnid1
Not necessarily. What makes you think he's so weak? Do you even have a solid reason for underestimating him so much?

I'm basing me thoughts on brains and guessing Brock is stronger than Cletus since he worked out all the time before he had the symbiote. Al Cletus ever did was kill people and go to jail. Brock I'm think is smarter because he was a respected journalist and was cunning (mostly in the way he got stories if I'm correct). I think Brock is a bit smarter than Cletus and he worked out more too so thats basically why I think Brock is Superior to Cletus. I would think that Yoshi has the same reasoning.

Spiderman_RJ
archnid is right, you guys are a bunch of fanboys!
PIS is the only reason most heroes are still alive in comics,like when venom grabs spider head,what stop him from eating, or just squashing it? PIS.
how come batman defeated carnage? PIS, i mean seriouly, cassidy was in the suit, ALIEN suit, in no way he would had died of a virus, and how come he was scared to loose control of the simbionte? PIS!
spiderman defeat firelord? PIS!

its a pity spiderman forum has become the oficial simbionte fanboys background, i dont even like to hang around here anymore.

Spiderman_RJ
the thing is carnage is stronger then venom, venom is stronger than spider becouse the suit enhanced brock strenght after he gost muscles (Although i dont know how regular enhanced muscle strengh can rival the proportional of a giant spider,but whatever),now carnage becouse the simbiont was born on earth gained some abnormal characteristics (they never said what they are) that made it stronger then venom.
venom himself said that to spiderman on carnage debute comic.

Yoshi Fanatic
There's a reason why "spellcheck" is an option...

Ultimate Hulk43
Obviously he can't understand the words Yoshi! You clearly give him too much credit as far as intelligence goes.

Spiderman_RJ
says the guy who think venom is a hero.

Yoshi Fanatic
Actually, he's an anti-hero.

Bat Dude
Actually, I have to agree, Venom is kind of better than GG.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Blasphemy! Green Goblin is a classic! He's Spider-Man's greatest foe! Green Goblin owns every other Spider-Man villains' ass! GG killed Gwen Stacy! He WORKED to uncover Spider-Man's identity! (even if it was little work) What did Venom do? He got an alien suit that gave him Spider-Man like powers and it TOLD him who Spider-Man was!

Never, EVER put Venom above Green Goblin!

Anyway, if anyone wants to know, I read somewhere that the following villains were confirmed...

Green Goblin
Doc Ock
Vulture
Kraven
Lizard
Rhino
Shocker
Electro
Sandman
Chameleon
Mysterio
Beetle
Swarm
Blizzard
Scarecrow
Boomerang
Venom

Sadly, no Kingpin sad His rights are attached to Daredevil

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Bat Dude

Blasphemy! Green Goblin is a classic! He's Spider-Man's greatest foe! Green Goblin owns every other Spider-Man villains' ass! GG killed Gwen Stacy! He WORKED to uncover Spider-Man's identity! (even if it was little work) What did Venom do? He got an alien suit that gave him Spider-Man like powers and it TOLD him who Spider-Man was!

Anyway, if anyone wants to know, I read somewhere that the following villains were confirmed...

Green Goblin
Doc Ock
Vulture
Kraven
Lizard
Rhino
Shocker
Electro
Sandman
Chameleon
Mysterio
Beetle
Swarm
Blizzard
Scarecrow
Boomerang
Venom

actually thats kind of a relief to hear no Kingpin.we all had our fill of him in the 90's show.The Kingpin pretty much ruined that series because most of the episodes revolved around him being in it and had spideys greatest foes like doc ock and green goblin working for him being just second rate lackeys.that sucked big time.well the villians all sound promising except for swarm,scarecrow and Boomerang.Havent heard of them.Please no swarm,god he sucks. your right as well though that its a sin to put venom ahead of green goblin.Gwen stacy better be in this toon dammit.those writers who left her out in the 90's toon can burn in hell. mad

DARKLORDCAEDUS

Green Goblin
Doc Ock
Vulture
Kraven
Lizard
Rhino
Shocker
Electro
Sandman
Chameleon
Mysterio
Beetle
Swarm
Blizzard
Scarecrow
Boomerang
Venom

Interesting but good. Can't wait to check this out with my nephew.

DOYLEZOMBIE
They already made a Spectacular spider-man....Well that stinks I started a fan-made comic with the same name...I guess I'll have to change the name!

kai3345
http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs15/i/2007/107/a/2/Sidey_concept_art_by_2_Cents.jpg

Concept Art

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by kai3345

Concept Art

Is this actual art from the upcoming show?

kai3345
yeah

Spider-Chris
they look kool and m.j. looks HOT!!

DARKLORDCAEDUS
This great art

Ultimate Hulk43

Concept Art

I've already seen it but it looks pretty good except for Gwen looking like a nerd.

grey fox
Meh , Nerd Gwen is probably a visual cue to make her link to 'Nerdy Parker' more obvious.

Micheal_Myers
Originally posted by Spider-Chris
they look kool and m.j. looks HOT!!

.....wow.....is all I have to say to that....

Cocept Art:
Looks nice!I'm definately digging Peter's hair for some reason.

This show looks promising.If they every introduce Carnage, FOR GOD SAKE DONT TEAM HIM UP WITH VENOM!Both cartoons I have seen that feature Venom in them team him up with Carnage(Even though he does turn on him in the 90's cartoon.)

Ultimate Hulk43
Actually, he should team up with Carnage because only then he'll learn that Carnage is too crazy & relunctantly go to Spider-Man for help.

Spiderman_RJ
parker looks too much outgoing there,he doesnt even have his glasses,and gwen is too nerdy.
btw spider doesnt reflect the teaser post,are you sure this is not fan art?where you got this from?

i didnt like how spider looks at all.

Ultimate Hulk43
He probably doesn't have his glasses because the art is based on him after he gains his spider powers. Either that or they've done something completely stupid by not giving him his glasses at all. I think that Gwen may be one of those girls that likes Peter but he thinks she's too nerdy or that she's ugly. Then, one summer she comes back without her glasses & that's when Peter tries to hook up with her but she gives him a hard ass time. I just hope that the show isn't too kiddy & is adult in some manner.

Yoshi Fanatic
I'm pretty sure that the show is "kiddyish" because it's geared towards kids. The only adult-like Spiderman series that ever came on was the CGI Spiderman cartoon that came on MTV a couple of years ago. It wasn't that good...

Micheal_Myers
Of course its gonna be kiddish.But hopefully it wont be too dumbed down.

Yoshi Fanatic
What do you mean by "dumbed down"?

Dazzler619
He means that he hopes the cartoon won't be aimed for young kids like the 90's series

Yoshi Fanatic
I'm pretty sure it will...

Mr Parker
Ed Asner should return to voice JJJ

yeah. Happy Dance so should the actor who did the voice for parker.he had the coolest voice and made that show.does anybody know if gwen is going to be in the show?

Mr Parker
yeah

well that answers my question of if Gwen will be in the show or not.Jesus Christ if this is really what they look like in the show I have lost my enthusiasm for the show. mad as much as I have always wanted to see a spiderman cartoon with gwen in it,I never wanted to see one with her looking like a dork instead of gorgeous gwendy from the comics. mad Parker looks even more stupid than he ever did in the cartoon they made after the first movie. mad I'll stick to the 90's toon.

Spiderman_RJ
I'm pretty sure that the show is "kiddyish" because it's geared towards kids. The only adult-like Spiderman series that ever came on was the CGI Spiderman cartoon that came on MTV a couple of years ago. It wasn't that good...

mtv spiderman wasnt adult,it was teenish, hence why it suck..besides not liking spiderman in that design ,i prefer the one in the teaser poster,and hating this gwen i think this will be better then it sounds,unless it folloes The Batman formula,then it will suck hard.
i really hope this is a earlier character design and gwen is not that pathetic looking gal.

Spiderman_RJ
90 toon suck my ass! it was utter crap, the fitst 10 eps were nice,but then it sucked.the best one is the 70s.

Ultimate Hulk43
Bullshit. Are you stupid? Every Spider-Man cartoon before the 1990's version sucked & made Spider-Man like a rip-off of Superman.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Spiderman_RJ
mtv spiderman wasnt adult,it was teenish, hence why it suck..besides not liking spiderman in that design ,i prefer the one in the teaser poster,and hating this gwen i think this will be better then it sounds,unless it folloes The Batman formula,then it will suck hard.
i really hope this is a earlier character design and gwen is not that pathetic looking gal.

plus that was man-spider we saw because he had organic webbing.hopefully this new show they go back to his classic chemical shooters and we get spiderman on the screen.yeah me and you both.I also hope that this is just a earlier character design and gwen isnt this pathetic nerd girl they are showing.we can only hope.that will ruin the whole cartoon show for me if she indeed looks like THAT.I have always wanted to see gorgeous gwendy in a spidey cartoon but thats just it,I want to see GORGEOUS Gwen,NOT this ugly nerd Gwen in a spidey cartoon.I would rather have NO gwen in a spidey cartoon,than this pathetic looking gal. mad But from the looks of it RJ,I am afraid your right,that it looks like it is following that crapfest The Batman cartoon formula. mad

as far as what you said about the 90's toon.yeah thats pretty accurate.the first season rocked,it was by far the best and very much loyal to the comicbook for the most part.but after the first season,the show got so stupid with just a few good episodes here and there and got progressively worse each year.so bad that by the final season,I like many, never watched those episodes until years later in repeats because the show got so bad.but I think you mean the 80's cartoon RJ because there never was a 70's cartoon.yeah i forgot about the 80's cartoon,the one WITHOUT his friends,it was just spiderman and then later on they got stupid and started spiderman and his amazing friends.but before they started that bs with his friends,the spiderman show from the 80's is the best screen adaptation so far.they at least knew how to draw peter parker right and had him fight some good villains like green goblin and doc ock and kingpin.

Yoshi Fanatic
I'm pretty sure that the new Spiderman cartoon is going to be good.

Ultimate Hulk43
Ignore Mr Parker, Yoshi.

Anyway, the one thing I hope for is more stories revovling around the symbiotes. They should have other symbiotes in like Scream, Lasher, & Toxin. Venom & Carnage also need more episode than they got in the 1990's animated series. If all this is in, I'm good.

Yoshi Fanatic
That would be great. This new Spiderman cartoon need more symbiotes in it. It would be great if the Life Foundation is the main villain of a whole season. That way, Venom, Carnage and the Life Foundation symbiotes would appear in a good amount of episodes.

Ultimate Hulk43
As long as Venom & Carnage get enough episodes, I'm happy.

Bat Dude
We don't need the Life Foundation, as long as Venom shows up, which he will, I'll be satisfied... And maybe Carnage, but that's it, as I really don't want symbiotes to be the focus of the show...

And I really wanna see the Gwen/Goblin story... If Justice League can kill off characters in a respectable manner, so can Spectacular Spider-Man...

Mr Parker
Bat dude,Hey I cant believe it.You made it back over to the spiderman section. big grin That being the case,was wondering,do you agree with me and RJ that from what you know about the new spiderman cartoon show that it seems to be following down the same footsteps of that horrid The Batman? mad God I hope I am wrong about that.Like i said I have always dreamed of them making a spiderman cartoon show with gorgeous gwen stacy in it but not this ugly nerd gwen .that will ruin the whole show for me if she looks like that. mad as i said,i would rather have NO gwen stacy in a cartoon show instead of this ugly dork they are calling gwen stacy to be in it. mad She has always been my favorite supporting character but thats because she was GORGEOUS Gwen stacy.Not this dog they are showing. sick

Yoshi Fanatic
Such harsh words...

steverules
Gwen was originally going to be Mr.Parkers wife but after he saw what she looked like on the cartoon the wedding was called off

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Bat dude,Hey I cant believe it.You made it back over to the spiderman section. big grin That being the case,was wondering,do you agree with me and RJ that from what you know about the new spiderman cartoon show that it seems to be following down the same footsteps of that horrid The Batman? mad God I hope I am wrong about that.Like i said I have always dreamed of them making a spiderman cartoon show with gorgeous gwen stacy in it but not this ugly nerd gwen .that will ruin the whole show for me if she looks like that. mad as i said,i would rather have NO gwen stacy in a cartoon show instead of this ugly dork they are calling gwen stacy to be in it. mad She has always been my favorite supporting character but thats because she was GORGEOUS Gwen stacy.Not this dog they are showing. sick

Those ARE some harsh words... And dork doesn't equal ugly, ok? I hate when people make that connection... While I do want to see a good looking Gwen, I don't have any hate towards a nerd Gwen, as I always thought that Gwen was "Peter's soulmate", someone he had a lot in common with, not just some blonde babe on the cheerleading squad that he happened to impress...

Not like MJ... I want MJ to be like the early comics, a real b****... She gets everything she wants... A preppy b****... (like the girls at my school)

Spider-Chris
Those ARE some harsh words... And dork doesn't equal ugly, ok? I hate when people make that connection... While I do want to see a good looking Gwen, I don't have any hate towards a nerd Gwen, as I always thought that Gwen was "Peter's soulmate", someone he had a lot in common with, not just some blonde babe on the cheerleading squad that he happened to impress...

Not like MJ... I want MJ to be like the early comics, a real b****... She gets everything she wants... A preppy b****... (like the girls at my school)
lol exactly

Ultimate Hulk43
Nerdy looking girls can be sexy.....

Yoshi Fanatic
True...

Ultimate Hulk43
Besides, she's only in high school. She'll probably be one of those girls who looks nerdy one school year & is completely sexy the next school year. I bet she'll be completely into Peter but he'll turn her down because he might not find her "appealing" & then if she comes back looking really good he'll try to go after her but she'll turn him down. I could definitely see that happening.

Yoshi Fanatic
Me, too.

Bat Dude
Not to bump old topics, but if no one's seen it, I don't know where else to put it...

I found a trailer for the new animated series....

http://enewsi.com/news.php?catid=261&itemid=11445

Josh Keaton does a great job in this clip voicing Spider-Man, and the animation is very fluid... Overall, looks like it's gonna be pretty good...

Mr Parker
thanks for providing us that link Batdude.yeah the animation is very fluid. however I myself am not crazy about the voice of peter though.Hopefully that will grow on me in time.From what I have seen, I am excited about it.for one thing Gwen is FINALLY going to be in a spidey toon,ya hoo!! and also,the thing that ruined the 90's toon,was The Kingpin was in the majority of those episodes and they always revolved around him with spideys greatest foes such as green goblin,doc ock and others being second rate lackeys who worked for him.Kingpin isnt suppose to be in this one so at least THAT wont happen again.so those two things alone,should make it more enjoyable than the dissapointing 90's toon was. I just hope Gwen doesnt look like she does in those drawings.Man that will suck if she does.Hopefully she looks better on the screen than she does in those drawings.
the three things that concern me the most is,spidey looks good,but what sucked about the 90's toon was they drew peter to look like nicholas hammond instead of peter parker,so I hope they get his drawing done right THIS time.the 80's toon nailed it.also he seems to be going yahoo a lot like he does in those stupid movies.He at least was never doing that in the 90's toon.that will be annoying if he is doing that all the time.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by WO Polaski

man some people dont get it that Venom next to green goblin is probably his most dangerous foe since they are the only two that know his identity.Its a must for venom to be in it.

Spiderman_RJ
i like the animation,very fluid,i dont like much the spider design,looks lazy,and i hated the way they did the eyes,the voice is ok for me.finally spiderman actually punch someone,but as i was afraid,this is too childish,i dont expect much.

Mr Parker
I just hope like someone mentioned earlier,that in the second year or so when gwen gets older,if that really IS what she looks like in those drawings,that she gets a new look and looks like she did in the comics when she got older.she wasnt so great early on,but later on,she was hot.hopefully they will do the same thing with this one.I got mixed feelings about it but yeah from the way they have gwen and peter drawn,Im not expecting too much either.Plus the producer of the batman is producing this as well so he'll probably mess this show up like he did the batman.I wonder if THIS time around if they'll finally get mary janes character right,something they have NEVER done right in the caroons or movies,and make her the stuck up airheaded b!tch she was in the comics.well this is their third chance to get it right,they're finally including gwen stacy and finally giving her HER due,so maybe third times a charm.

Ultimate Hulk43
What're you talking about? The spider design doesn't look lazy in anyway, the eyes were perfect, & the voice is perfect. It's not like he's supposed to have a deep voice like Superman. Also, how is it too childish? All we've seen is one trailer in which we can only judge certain things. I expect a lot from this cartoon, it looks great thus far. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the villains look.

DBZ MAN
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Also he seems to be going yahoo a lot like he does in those stupid movies.He at least was never doing that in the 90's toon.that will be annoying if he is doing that all the time.

I don't know about you but if I was swinging across Manhatten like that above skyscrappers and then dropping near the street below, "Yahoo!" would be a very mild way at least to describe the exhilliration I'd be feeling.
He's 16 for gods sake and you're not happy with him going 'Yahoo'? Such a deprived childhood. roll eyes (sarcastic)

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>