Idiocies of Wizards: the Anti-Wizarding Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Macabre
How many of you believe, as I do, that wizards lack common sense? I mean does magic supplace that in them or something? Let's look at somethings that happened in the last two books: In Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, the Order comes for Harry and they fly to Grimmauld Place on brooms. Yet, as we saw in Half-Blood Prince, wizards can have "tag along" apparitions...Okay, if they could do that, then why didn't they just do that with Harry? Why would they risk flying miles on broomsticks, risking attacks from Death Eaters (they themselves were worried about attacks)?

Now onto Horcruxes: okay, Voldemort went to great lengths to protect his horcrux in the cave, yet two wizards (not counting Harry because he didn't do anything) were able to get passed his magic, and get to the locket. Umm...why didn't he just hide the horcrux in a place that was hidden with the fidelius charm? Couldn't he just have had one of his Death Eathers be the secret keeper and then just kill the wizard/witch, making the place and horcrux impossible to find ever again; therefore making himself immortal as a result? Since Rowling has admitted that once a secret keeper is dead, the secret is impossible to tell ever again. That is if he can't be his own, which I don't know if he could or not, because I don't know if Rowling ever said Dumbledore was the one who preformed the fidelius charm on Grimmauld Place or not.

And those are only two minimal examples of the idiotic tendencies of these so called "brilliant wizards".

~KoK!~
It's actually more so on the author than the wizards. She thinks of what would be good for a scene, not logical for the characters to do.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by ~KoK!~
It's actually more so on the author than the wizards. She thinks of what would be good for a scene, not logical for the characters to do. Oh, I know that it's just the book, and if Voldemort did hide the horcrux by the fidelius charm it would be the end of the series and he would win, but still...a reasonable reason/excuse would suffice onto why they flew on brooms, rather than apparating Harry to the house.

~KoK!~
Yeah, but if they did that there'd be no story. There'd be no point in having 6 books that lead up to a fruitless effort (opposed to the nearly impossible one they have now).

Unicor777
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
How many of you believe, as I do, that wizards lack common sense? I mean does magic supplace that in them or something? Let's look at somethings that happened in the last two books: In Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, the Order comes for Harry and they fly to Grimmauld Place on brooms. Yet, as we saw in Half-Blood Prince, wizards can have "tag along" apparitions...Okay, if they could do that, then why didn't they just do that with Harry? Why would they risk flying miles on broomsticks, risking attacks from Death Eaters (they themselves were worried about attacks)?

Well in order to apparate you need to know the place well and visualize it. Destination, determination, and deliberation

You can not make someone a secret keeper without his consent. And Voldemort as Dumbledore has explained it wants to operate alone, he does not include other people in his plans except as pawns. Perhaps VV can not even imagine to trust such an important matter to someone else's hand not even for a second. Secondly, he imagines that no one knows about his Horcruxes at all, and by giving such information even for a second to someone else, unworthy (remember he has no respect for the others, not even for his death eaters) might reveal his secret and ruin his plans.

Well this are just some points, no intention to play devil's advocate, but points that sound logical to me. Like to hear other opinions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.