Iceman and Wolverine vs Cyclops and Colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

braz
Fights in an arena setting. Who wins?

don't shiv
cyclops solo.

blasts Logan through Iceman then blasts Wolverine a hundred feet straight up and into a downward path that places him in the path of Pete's swinging arm laughing

braz
What if Bobby freezes Cyke though before he can shoot an optic blast? Or just have Wolverine distract him.

guy222
Originally posted by braz
Fights in an arena setting. Who wins?

team one

StyleTime
Iceman wins.

Blair Wind
Iceman ftw no expression

Soljer
Iceman destroys the other three muties. Just because he's a dick like that.

Newjak
I honestly don't know if Iceman's powers will really effect Colossus all that much.

It will probably slow him down enough for Wolverine to get a hit but I do not know if Iceman can do it by himself

Blair Wind
Iceman turns colossus into water. Done no expression

Newjak
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Iceman turns colossus into water. Done no expression I don't know if he could no expression

braz
Iceman turns colossus into water. Done no expression

How would he do that? confused

Kaos sebaceous
Iceman would own colossus

team one

Soljer

Moisture Inversion.

Blair Wind

Moisture Inversion trick. He uses it to travel long distances (turning into water or water vapor, and he has done the same to others)

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Soljer
Moisture Inversion.

I love the way you think love

Newjak
Moisture Inversion trick. He uses it to travel long distances (turning into water or water vapor, and he has done the same to others) I still don't know if it would work on Colossus seriously the guy's body is borderline illegal with the stuff it is immune to.

Soljer
Originally posted by Newjak
I still don't know if it would work on Colossus seriously the guy's body is borderline illegal with the stuff it is immune to.

Iceman turns any matter into H2O.

Is Colossus Matter? Check.

Does Colossus have any sort of resistance to matter manipulation? Nope.

So, what makes you believe he'd be immune? confused.

Newjak

So, what makes you believe he'd be immune? confused. So you think Iceman could turn Silver Surfer into water or he could turn Superman into water

Oh wait you guys actually do think that way nevermind stick out tongue

And you don't know Colossus and your overestimating Iceman's abilities as per usual big grin

don't shiv
devil

Soljer
So you think Iceman could turn Silver Surfer into water or he could turn Superman into water

And you don't know Colossus and your overestimating Iceman's abilities as per usual big grin

The Silver Surfer can resist matter manipulation. His powers greatly outstrip those of Iceman.

Superman can resist matter manipulation. People of far greater power than Iceman have tried and failed.

Colossus has never exhibited any sort of resistance or immunity to matter manipulation. I'd kindly ask you not to put words in my mouth, but I'm not in the best of moods.

Thusly; quit acting like such a dipshit.

Thanks.

phillipan
So you think Iceman could turn Silver Surfer into water or he could turn Superman into water

Silver Surfer DOES have resistance to matter manipulation and Superman arguably does to because he is invulnerable on a cellular level.

Colossus has nothing to suggest resistance to Iceman's tricks. Moisture Inversion is only one of bobby's options, if he could flash freeze the stranger than he could to the same to colossus.

Iceman ftw.

xmarksthespot
Meh... I don't remember whether 616 Iceman can actually do the moisture inversion thing... but he can just supercool Colossus and then flick him and shatter him to pieces.

Newjak
The Silver Surfer can resist matter manipulation. His powers greatly outstrip those of Iceman.

Superman can resist matter manipulation. People of far greater power than Iceman have tried and failed.

Colossus has never exhibited any sort of resistance or immunity to matter manipulation. I'd kindly ask you not to put words in my mouth, but I'm not in the best of moods.

Thusly; quit acting like such a dipshit.

Thanks. Someone is in a bad mood I take it.

Fine you think he could do his thing on Hulk and Magneto right stick out tongue

And I'm not putting words into your mouth you said what you said he can do it to all things and matter and everyone I listed has matter stick out tongue

And you would be surprised what Colossus' body can take 313

Soljer
Someone is in a bad mood I take it.

Fine you think he could do his thing on Hulk and Magneto right stick out tongue

And I'm not putting words into your mouth you said what you said he can do it to all things and matter and everyone I listed has matter stick out tongue

And you would be surprised what Colossus' body can take 313

Hulk and Magneto? I'm not sure. I seem to recall the Hulk resisting matter transmutation at some point or another, but maybe that's just the fanboys getting to me.

Magneto? If Erik was unprepared, absolutely.

If Erik was fighting for control, it'd be a bit of a toss up between which of them could overpower the other on the atomic scale.

Finally, I said he could do it to those who are made of matter AND lack any sort of resistance to matter manipulation.

Into which category, Colossus falls squarely.

Newjak
Hulk and Magneto? I'm not sure. I seem to recall the Hulk resisting matter transmutation at some point or another, but maybe that's just the fanboys getting to me.

Magneto? If Erik was unprepared, absolutely.

If Erik was fighting for control, it'd be a bit of a toss up between which of them could overpower the other on the atomic scale. How about Juggernaut or Sasquatch

or Wolverine 313

Soljer
How about Juggernaut or Sasquatch

or Wolverine 313

Juggernaut's protected by magic.

Magic > Science.

Sasquatch? **** if I know, isn't he Canadian? Don't they get some kind of trippy powers in comics? stick out tongue.

Wolverine? (ignoring the canadian joke I just made) Yeah, he'd get turned into vapor.

Newjak

Finally, I said he could do it to those who are made of matter AND lack any sort of resistance to matter manipulation.

Into which category, Colossus falls squarely. You said he could transmute all matter which you can not prove.

You said Colossus is Matter which is correct

You said he can not resist which is unproven and their is such evidence to suggest he could seeing as you can not even prove Iceman's trick would work on Colossus. 313

Newjak
Juggernaut's protected by magic.

Magic > Science.

Sasquatch? **** if I know, isn't he Canadian? Don't they get some kind of trippy powers in comics? stick out tongue.

Wolverine? (ignoring the canadian joke I just made) Yeah, he'd get turned into vapor. Including his skeleton? wink

Soljer
You said he could transmute all matter which you can not prove.

You said Colossus is Matter which is correct

You said he can not resist which is unproven and their is such evidence to suggest he could seeing as you can not even prove Iceman's trick would work on Colossus. 313

There is no evidence to show that Colossus could resist the moisture inversion trick.

What you're saying is "We've never seen Jimmy Olsen FAIL to shatter planets with his bare hands, and render space-time meaningless via sheer intellect...thusly, he MUST be able to."

Logical fallacy.

jasonk3
Team 1

Newjak
There is no evidence to show that Colossus could resist the moisture inversion trick.

What you're saying is "We've never seen Jimmy Olsen FAIL to shatter planets with his bare hands, and render space-time meaningless via sheer intellect...thusly, he MUST be able to."

Logical fallacy. Not really I could go into more detail but I'll simply ask a few questions

How many times has Iceman done the Moisture Inversion Trick?

Can you even be sure he can actually transmutate things into water?

Or does he simply just break down the main components of a person which happen to be water?

Can you prove he can do it to non water based objects?

Can you prove that Iceman does this on a regular basis enough to say that you are 100% certain that Iceman can do this to all sentient and non sentient objects he comes across?

I don't think you can and never mind the feats I have for Colossus first prove that Iceman is truely capable and not just some hunch based on a few one time feats wink

xmarksthespot
I know Sersi can turn a dog into a chair and perform a blood transfusion through the air... why would Colossus being organic metal do anything to prevent her or any other matter manipulator from affecting him, or Emma Frost in diamond form, or Dust, or Mercury for that matter... huh

This reminds me of the whole... "Hulk can pass his hand through Engineer's atomic sieve unaffected thing." ermm

Newjak
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I know Sersi can turn a dog into a chair and perform a blood transfusion through the air... why would Colossus being organic metal do anything to prevent her or any other matter manipulator from affecting him, or Emma Frost in diamond form, or Dust, or Mercury for that matter... huh Sersi is a poor example because she is greater than the person beinf talked about in this thread and even then there have been plenty of things she has failed to transmute as well.

And I have my reasons but now I choose to keep them to myself shifty

Rutog98

So, what makes you believe he'd be immune? confused.

Iceman does not have matter manipulation nor can he manipulate molecules. He can merely absorb heat which would slow down molecules indirectly. Where did he transmute something into water? Can you post a scan that would indicate that he could transmute a person into water?

Soljer
Originally posted by Rutog98
Iceman does not have matter manipulation nor can he manipulate molecules. He can merely absorb heat which would slow down molecules indirectly.

Because slowing down molecules can turn flesh and bone into water.

Right.

Symmetric Chaos

What about lack of moisture?

Newjak
Because slowing down molecules can turn flesh and bone into water.

Right. Actually it could.

Seeing as the body is made up of how much percent water it like 60-80% or some high number like that.

Depending on which items he froze there is a good chance that the body would break down into water stick out tongue

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
What about lack of moisture? Depends on whether Colossus is completely anhydrous, iirc moisture inversion isn't dependent upon water anyway... as nonsensical as it may seem.

Soljer
Actually it could.

Seeing as the body is made up of how much percent water it like 60-80% or some high number like that.

Depending on which items he froze there is a good chance that the body would break down into water stick out tongue

Uhh...no.

There isn't.

It doesn't matter what temperature you take the human body to. Carbon doesn't just 'decide' to become water.

Newjak
Uhh...no.

There isn't.

It doesn't matter what temperature you take the human body to. Carbon doesn't just 'decide' to become water. Except the body idn'y mostly made out of Carbon it is primarily H2O You freeze the non H2O based objects and the body and the body would break into Water wink

This would include the Skin, Blood, some Muscles, boned.

The other parts would basically just be left behind but the body would turn into water stick out tongue

Symmetric Chaos
Uhh...no.

There isn't.

It doesn't matter what temperature you take the human body to. Carbon doesn't just 'decide' to become water.

Absolute zero would convert it to a BoseEinsteinCondensate. Then all that has to happen is one molecues turns to water and the whole thing goes.

Since being at absolute zero would put you at quantum levels of confusion the overwhelming presence of wavefronts from water molecules in the body could influence the rest of it to colappse to water.

Heh . . . that sounded pretty good.

Soljer
Except the body idn'y mostly made out of Carbon it is primarily H2O You freeze the non H2O based objects and the body and the body would break into Water wink

This would include the Skin, Blood, some Muscles, boned.

The other parts would basically just be left behind but the body would turn into water stick out tongue

Except, when iceman does this, the thirty percent of the person's body that ISN'T water isn't just left laying on the ground.

When they reform, they have that thirty percent back. They aren't just comprised SOLELY of water.

Iceman actually TURNS the other elements into water, and turns said water back into the comprising elements.

Newjak
Except, when iceman does this, the thirty percent of the person's body that ISN'T water isn't just left laying on the ground.

When they reform, they have that thirty percent back. They aren't just comprised SOLELY of water.

Iceman actually TURNS the other elements into water, and turns said water back into the comprising elements. Actually the leftovers would be spread out among the water without a microscope you wouldn't be able to tell what is or isn't water. stick out tongue

Soljer
Absolute zero would convert it to a BoseEinsteinCondensate. Then all that has to happen is one molecues turns to water and the whole thing goes.

Since being at absolute zero would put you at quantum levels of confusion the overwhelming presence of wavefronts from water molecules in the body could influence the rest of it to colappse to water.

Heh . . . that sounded pretty good.

You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

I love it.

Symmetric Chaos

You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

I love it.

Actually all of that is based on real stuff. The only thing thats crap about it is the fact that I was claiming it would all work together.

Soljer
Actually the leftovers would be spread out among the water without a microscope you wouldn't be able to tell what is or isn't water. stick out tongue

Yes. You would. A hydrous solution comprised of water and other elements in a ratio of seventy percent to thirty percent would easily be distinguishible from pure water.

Soljer
Actually all of that is based on real stuff. The only thing thats crap about it is the fact that I was claiming it would all work together.

Quantum levels of confusion.

no expression.

Symmetric Chaos
Quantum levels of confusion.

no expression.

When asked to explain how to visualize the quantum atom Heisenburg said one shouldn't try.
It's been commented that if you think you understand quantum mechanics you're probably pretty stupid.
It allows for particles to appear and vanish for no major reason other than the lack of anything saying they can't.

So yeah . . . pretty fuking confusing no expression

It also makes for a great way to rationalize any crap you want a character to be able to do stick out tongue

Newjak
Yes. You would. A hydrous solution comprised of water and other elements in a ratio of seventy percent to thirty percent would easily be distinguishible from pure water. Based only upon the ratio being purely Solid to H20 which is in fact untrue.

Their are gasses, other liquids to take into account. I mean just look at your local pond water. It contains a fairly large amount of solidified objects wink

Soljer
Based only upon the ratio being purely Solid to H20 which is in fact untrue.

Their are gasses, other liquids to take into account. I mean just look at your local pond water. It contains a fairly large amount of solidified objects wink

Yes. And your local pond water is CLEARLY distinguishable from pure H2O.

Newjak
Yes. And your local pond water is CLEARLY distinguishable from pure H2O. So you actually think Iceman turns people into pure H2O?

Where is the proof 313

All he says is he turned them into water and based on past appearances it is more likely he just broke down a being primarily composed of water into a water form wink

SpunkySmurph
If we go by the quantum theories from Heinsburg, it obviously suggests that, by turning a single animalistic bio-organic compound into a hydrocarbon solution, we can obviously expect the neurosynaptic responses to overflow, and the ionic bonds to dissolve, resulting in a bodywide implosion due to solar flares.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
If we go by the quantum theories from Heinsburg, it obviously suggests that, by turning a single animalistic bio-organic compound into a hydrocarbon solution, we can obviously expect the neurosynaptic responses to overflow, and the ionic bonds to dissolve, resulting in a bodywide implosion due to solar flares.

laughing out loud

Soljer
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph

...Solar flares?

In a bio-organic compound?

smile.

Newjak
...Solar flares?

smile. For some reason I doubt he meant what he was saying stick out tongue

But that doesn't mean he was wrong hmm

stick out tongue

braz
dontgetit

SpunkySmurph
...Solar flares?

smile. And it was all one sentence too. 131

jrodslam
Team 1.

Blair Wind
dontgetit

me neither no expression

steve2275
if famine cant make COLOSSUS hungry
how can iceman(a fave of mine) suck moisture outta him(im not sure if c even has moisture)

Kaos sebaceous
Iceman doesent need the moisture trick to take down collossus anyways

peejayd
* depends on how quick Iceman can execute his power... for all we know, Cyke can hit both opponents in seconds and Colossus can pound them after... wink

xmarksthespot
Which would do nothing to Iceman whatsoever. no expression

jrodslam
Iceman can execute his power just as fast as Cyclops most likely.

StyleTime
It wouldn't really matter if Iceman couldn't. He won't really have to rush in this battle.

jrodslam
^ True.

phillipan
I know I might get yelled for this but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Iceman wont need anything beyond his elementary techniques.

Why couldnt Iceman just reduce the temperature around Colossus to near absolute zero or simply encase him in a huge sheath of Ice like he did to hulk before. It would keep him out of the battle long enough to count as KO.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.