Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

InnerRise
Theatrical Release: July 11, 2007.

I usually like to re-read the Harry Potter Book again right before the movie of it comes out but I just don't feel like it.

If anything, it'll make the movie more fresher when you see something or find out something that you forgot.

It's still interesting though to be up to date on everything and then see it come to life on screen.

Anata Wa Wakarimasu Ka.....

Member.
i'm definitely going to see it =)

EDIT: and it should make #1

Solo
Will it top the summer box office? No chance. I'm still pumped, though.

Smasandian
Probalby be around $250 mark.

Considering its my favourite book out of the series, I'm pumped.

Cant wait for the standoff at the end....thats going to be amazing, or so I hope and totally hope they show Voldermort getting his ass kicked.

ragesRemorse
is this the one where snape kills dumbledore?

Barker
Next movie, rage.

I want to go see it at the Imax theater, so I can see the last fight in 3D. 131

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Barker
Next movie, rage.

I want to go see it at the Imax theater, so I can see the last fight in 3D. 131

cool

doesnt watching these movies that were meant for smaller cinemas on an imax hurt your head? I love watching movies in the imax that were shot on imax film (not sure of the specific sizes) but movies where the film is just blown up to fit the screen, doesnt the action sequences make you queesy? I remember watching attack of the clones on imax, and recieved the worst headache ever, has the technology changed since then, was that possibly just that imax or what?

manorastroman
it looks ****ing incredible.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
is this the one where snape kills dumbledore?

No, it's the one where Sirius Black dies.

exanda kane
Shame the films have never matched up to their counterparts, and the first two have no merit at all on their own, but I'll not miss this next installment.

I'm just waiting for the trendy cynics to come in and declare the Harry Potter books crap. Which they aren't. And no, I'm quite happy buying the "childish" covers.

WheretoVirtue?
is this the one where snape kills dumbledore? Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
No, it's the one where Sirius Black dies.

Oh God stop with the spoiling! Some people just read the first two books and see the movies from there!

ragesRemorse
how many potter movies made number one before?

=Tired Hiker=
how many potter movies made number one before?

Not sure, but man I can't wait for the next Harry Potter movie and also I can't wait for The Transformers movie. I'm sooooooOOooo excited! Happy Dance

WheretoVirtue?
It's strange to me because they're all so old in this one. I mean I know they've been looking older each movie, but Harry Potter kissing a girl! Ron and Hermione or what?! They just grow up so fast crybaby !

InnerRise
Originally posted by WheretoVirtue?
It's strange to me because they're all so old in this one. I mean I know they've been looking older each movie, but Harry Potter kissing a girl! Ron and Hermione or what?! They just grow up so fast crybaby ! Ron and Hermione don't show their true feelings for each other until "The Half of Blood Prince" which is the 6th Book and the next Movie to be made.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

WheretoVirtue?
Originally posted by InnerRise
Ron and Hermione don't show their true feelings for each other until "The Half of Blood Prince" which is the 6th Book and the next Movie to be made.

Yes, oh thank you so very much. I mean, what more could I want except another spoiling of the story!!

H. S. 6
Yes, oh thank you so very much. I mean, what more could I want except another spoiling of the story!!

Well, considering six books are out, and the movies are based on the books, and you just entered a thread about the fifth movie... you should expect spoilers.

Member.
hahaah, whenever a movie i want to see comes out, and i find out it's based on a book, i'll usually go read the book first, spoilers be damned.

InnerRise
Well I wouldn't really call the contents of a book that has a movie coming out based on it spoilers.

The reason books have movies based on them is because the books are very popular and many people have already read it so the movie is being made for people who have already read it.

So I wouldn't necessarily say when you read a book that has a movie counterpart that your'e reading spoilers. I'd say it's ideal to read the book first before seeing the movie. It's better tha way.

It's less appealing to see a movie first and then try and read the book, b/c the book takes longer to get through and you already know what's going ot happen and it's not as fun.

It's fun to see the words on pages come to life on the big screen instead of vice versa.

Member.
good point.

back to hp. i can't wait, cuz book 7 and movie 6 r coming out within a week of each other O.O

Smasandian
Huh, you mean book 7 and movie 5.

About spoilers, personally, its not alright to tell somebody what happens in the movie because of the book. Not everybody has read all the books and watched all the movies.

I didnt want to read the books because I thought they were for kids, but my aunt from England came over and asked me to rent it so my mom, step dad and I could watch it. I didnt want too, but I kinda had too.

I was very surpraised about the movie and I thought it was pretty damn cool. If I knew the ending because somebody told me, that movie wouldnt be as good. Same with Chamber of Secrets and it was only then when my girlfriend started reading all of them that I got hooked.

So its not alright to give out spoilers to people even though its a hugely popular franchise.

Thus saying, anybody who cares of not knowing the ending of the books, dont go to thread pages pertaining to that book, or series. Your setting yourself for failure.

Member.
bottom line is, people should be aware of what they post in these kinda threads pertaining to events that greatly effect major characters.

i thought there already was a rule on spoilers?

InnerRise
Originally posted by Smasandian
I didnt want to read the books because I thought they were for kids, but my aunt from England came over and asked me to rent it so my mom, step dad and I could watch it. You rented a book and watched it?

Originally posted by Member.
bottom line is, people should be aware of what they post in these kinda threads pertaining to events that greatly effect major characters.

Well considering this thread is for the 5th Movie/Book anything up to this point isn't really considered a spoiler b/c obviously many of the people who come in here to post have already read the books as well and know what is going to happen in the movies already. It's implied.

Member.
he rented the movie and watched it.

actually, the spoilers have all been for books 5 and 6, and a poster in the first page stated that he hasn't read those books yet. so....he's been thoroughly spoiled.

and u'd be surprised how many people who have been keeping up with the movies haven't read the books.

InnerRise
he rented the movie and watched it.

actually, the spoilers have all been for books 5 and 6, and a poster in the first page stated that he hasn't read those books yet. so....he's been thoroughly spoiled.

and u'd be surprised how many people who have been keeping up with the movies haven't read the books. Being that this is the 5th Movie, it's not our fault if he hasn't read the 5th Book.

People are going to talk about it and it's only natural being that many have read the book.

We're not supposed to Tippy Toe around someone who hasn't even read the books but comes into a thread such as this one where many have read the book and just not say anything.

Just as Smasandian said above, "You're setting yourself up for failure."

Member.
he was still spoiled for book 6.

this topic is about people's predictions on HP box office standings. there was no reason for this topic to even contain spoilers.

InnerRise
No, this Thread was made for the Discussion of the Movie as a whole that happened to have a Poll at the top.

And as I said, the books are out and for as long as they've been out, it's not really considered a spoiler.

Yes this thread is about the 5th, but the 6th has been out for over a year or so.

So it's not really a spoiler. And being that the person on the last page has only read the First 2 Books, to come into a thread based on the 5th Installment is rather unwise.

It's nobody's fault but their own.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Member.
whatever ur intent was when creating this topic, the lack of a proper lead-in to this discussion led me to follow up on ur poll question, as were the first few replies.

there is a perfectly good harry potter section also. we could discuss hp there.

InnerRise
Being that this is a MOVIE DISCUSSION Forum, not much of a LEAD ON is needed, thus why the MOVIE will be DISCUSSED here.

exanda kane
Ok then, if you want to discuss the movie, the first two were quite frankly excretion. On film.

And Alfonso Cuaron made alot of implication from the start about a possible Hermoine and Ron relationship, it doesn't simply "happen" in the Xth book.

ADarksideJedi
I think it will make a good amount of m oney like the others will.But I do'nt think it is going to be any good.I had seen the coming attrentions and I don't feel at all impress with them.jm

Strangelove
No matter how bad it may (or may not) be, it will definitely make #1

WheretoVirtue?
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Well, considering six books are out, and the movies are based on the books, and you just entered a thread about the fifth movie... you should expect spoilers.

All I should expect is spoiler covers.

ADarksideJedi

There is.So far no one that I had seen p ost any spoilers.Second I am not sure about this movie at all.I want to see it but yet I am afraid too.They are alreayd taken so much from the book.
That it is pretty sick.JM sad

InnerRise
Originally posted by exanda kane
Ok then, if you want to discuss the movie, the first two were quite frankly excretion. On film.

And Alfonso Cuaron made alot of implication from the start about a possible Hermoine and Ron relationship, it doesn't simply "happen" in the Xth book. Nobody ever said IT did happen.

All I should expect is spoiler covers.
You've only read the First 2 books. What YOU consider spoilers, aren't Spoilers at all. This is a Thread about the 5th Movie. You've only read the First 2. Anything after the first 2 is being considered a spoiler by you when it's really common knowledge to many since the books have been out for years.

You should expect to learn things beyond the first 2 books when you enter such a thread.

Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
There is.So far no one that I had seen p ost any spoilers.Second I am not sure about this movie at all.I want to see it but yet I am afraid too.They are alreayd taken so much from the book.
That it is pretty sick.JM sad
What do you mean by "They've taken so much from the book and that it's sick"???

This movie is actually looked much better than any of the previous ones with all of the action and all.

exanda kane
I'm sorry, but you really should have used spoilers, it's certainly not common knowledge to everyone.

ADarksideJedi
Nobody ever said IT did happen.

You've only read the First 2 books. What YOU consider spoilers, aren't Spoilers at all. This is a Thread about the 5th Movie. You've only read the First 2. Anything after the first 2 is being considered a spoiler by you when it's really common knowledge to many since the books have been out for years.

You should expect to learn things beyond the first 2 books when you enter such a thread.

What do you mean by "They've taken so much from the book and that it's sick"???

This movie is actually looked much better than any of the previous ones with all of the action and all.

THey had taken most of the chactors out.That the director does not find imporant enough.I know the book is very long and they can't have every bit of it in a movie.
BUt why do they skip out parts that people are going to get confuse when not reading the books?Also the second HP movie was the closet so far to the book.
All by lines from the book.I doubt it if this one is going to be the same.One why the hell is LOrd Volemort in a bus station?jm mad

Nickey
THey had taken most of the chactors out.That the director does not find imporant enough.I know the book is very long and they can't have every bit of it in a movie.
BUt why do they skip out parts that people are going to get confuse when not reading the books?Also the second HP movie was the closet so far to the book.
All by lines from the book.I doubt it if this one is going to be the same.One why the hell is LOrd Volemort in a bus station?jm mad

That my friend, is a very good question. I spent at least all my time on Harry Potter books. And I don't remember Voldemort being at the Hogwarts Express! I mean either Harry was seeing things or that director doesn't know anything. And since when did Voldemort start dressing in nice black suits. I thought wizards wore cloaks. Yeah Yeah Yeah, they wore muggle clothing in the books and in the movies, but Voldemort didn't!

Imagine Voldie in a bathing suit. I shudder at the thought.
I THINK I'M GONNA BE SICK! sad

InnerRise
I'm sorry, but you really should have used spoilers, it's certainly not common knowledge to everyone. Sorry but you really must pay attention to the following lines that I'm about to type b/c it's the last time I'll be typing them:

"This is a Thread made for discussion on the Harry Potter Series, specifically the 5th. I'm not going to Spoiler Tag anything for anyone, nor has anyone, especially when someone who has only read the first 2 books comes along and expects everything beyond the first 2 to be spoiler tagged. This isn't a discussion for the first 2 books and nothing else and will not be conducted in that way. My Thread won't be censored for such people. Now get over it and move on."

I wonder how accurate they'll be in revealing the prophecy, which says that EITHER HARRY POTTER OR LORD VOLDEMORT WILL DIE BY THE OTHER'S HAND/WAND.

One why the hell is LOrd Volemort in a bus station?jm mad funny

ladygrim
Theatrical Release: July 11, 2007.

I usually like to re-read the Harry Potter Book again right before the movie of it comes out but I just don't feel like it.

If anything, it'll make the movie more fresher when you see something or find out something that you forgot.

It's still interesting though to be up to date on everything and then see it come to life on screen.

Anata Wa Wakarimasu Ka..... I usually re-read the Hp books before i go to see the movies but this time i haven't got round to it and now i think i left it abit to late...

but no i can't wait to see it i hope they haven't cut lots out

exanda kane
As I said earlier, you should have used Spoiler Tags, or at least mentioned Spoilers in the title. Just admit you done wrong, be a big man and try to remember not to do it again! smile

Nickey
Sorry but you really must pay attention to the following lines that I'm about to type b/c it's the last time I'll be typing them:

"This is a Thread made for discussion on the Harry Potter Series, specifically the 5th. I'm not going to Spoiler Tag anything for anyone, nor has anyone, especially when someone who has only read the first 2 books comes along and expects everything beyond the first 2 to be spoiler tagged. This isn't a discussion for the first 2 books and nothing else and will not be conducted in that way. My Thread won't be censored for such people. Now get over it and move on."

I wonder how accurate they'll be in revealing the prophecy, which says that EITHER HARRY POTTER OR LORD VOLDEMORT WILL DIE BY THE OTHER'S HAND/WAND.

funny

Were you talking to me? Cause if you were I apologize for messing up your thread.

InnerRise
Originally posted by ladygrim
I usually re-read the Hp books before i go to see the movies but this time i haven't got round to it and now i think i left it abit to late...

but no i can't wait to see it i hope they haven't cut lots out Yeah, being that I just finished reading Half Blood Prince in May, I just didn't feel like jumping right back into Order of the Phoenix AGAIN.

I'm sure they've cut stuff out like they've been doing the whole time to make the movie short enough and flow smoothly enough.Originally posted by exanda kane
As I said earlier, you should have used Spoiler Tags, or at least mentioned Spoilers in the title. Just admit you done wrong, be a big man and try to remember not to do it again! smile
Dumb.

SIRIUS BLACK DIES in this one by the way.

Originally posted by Nickey
Were you talking to me? Cause if you were I apologize for messing up your thread.
Nah. Wasn't talking to you. Was talking to the dumby.

exanda kane
Teenage angst goes in the videogame forum please. smile

Oh and by the way kiddo, your not spoiling much for me, I'm simply being considerate for people who have not had the pleasure of reading the lattter books.

fini

But suppose its 'Voldie' when he was Tom Riddle. From what the book says TOm was quite the looker. hehehe

Nickey
Originally posted by fini
But suppose its 'Voldie' when he was Tom Riddle. From what the book says TOm was quite the looker. hehehe

Perv stick out tongue

Smasandian
Teenage angst goes in the videogame forum please. smile

Oh and by the way kiddo, your not spoiling much for me, I'm simply being considerate for people who have not had the pleasure of reading the lattter books.

If they havnt read the books, and dont want anything spoiled, dont come in the thread about the movie of the 5th book.

It's thier fault if they come into this thread not knowing what happens.

ADarksideJedi
That my friend, is a very good question. I spent at least all my time on Harry Potter books. And I don't remember Voldemort being at the Hogwarts Express! I mean either Harry was seeing things or that director doesn't know anything. And since when did Voldemort start dressing in nice black suits. I thought wizards wore cloaks. Yeah Yeah Yeah, they wore muggle clothing in the books and in the movies, but Voldemort didn't!

I also sludder at that thought! sick He is not supose to be wearing nice outfits.He is a bad guy for goodest stake!I really don't think that the director even listens to J Rowling at all because she oversees the movies being made.
IT is either that or he just does not care/It is quite sad.jm sad

Member.
if it was something major, jk rowling would've taken steps to prevent it. nothing drastic of course, almost everyone listens to jk rowling roll eyes (sarcastic)

fini
angel

exanda kane
Originally posted by Smasandian
If they havnt read the books, and dont want anything spoiled, dont come in the thread about the movie of the 5th book.

It's thier fault if they come into this thread not knowing what happens.

How would they know this? The poll itself mentions nothing of spoilers; it's just a poll asking who is going to see it. Suddenly, they scroll down and without any indication, some of the biggest events in the franchise are spoiled for them. I'm sorry, but your point is completely flawed.

Dusty
HARRY POTTER FORUM!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.