Insects to replace conventional protein sources?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Onitsu
http://youtube.com/watch?v=l2-wzF1qzno&feature=dir

Watch this wonderful little tid-bit of information then post your opinions.

Schecter
l2-wzF1qzno&feature

look i took teh internets from teh youtubes.

Onitsu
Originally posted by Schecter

look i took teh internets from teh youtubes.

Thank you Schecter. I didn't know how to do that. But I guess this makes it a little easier for people to see the movie. smile

Robtard
Poor insects... why should we kill them for food, when we already have the infrastructure to process cattle, chickens, pigs and sheep.

FeceMan
I would be willing to try some of that stuff.

Onitsu
Originally posted by Robtard
Poor insects... why should we kill them for food, when we already have the infrastructure to process cattle, chickens, pigs and sheep.

Because it costs a tenth produce a pound of caterpillars then it does a pound of beef.

And I've acctually tried mealworms. They're crunchy and not too bad. Mine were bbq flavored. smile

Robtard
Originally posted by Onitsu
Because it costs a tenth produce a pound of caterpillars then it does a pound of beef.

And I've acctually tried mealworms. They're crunchy and not too bad. Mine were bbq flavored. smile

Prime rib, burgers and skirt steaks... oh my!

No wonder the "White man" took your lands.

Onitsu
Hey, with modern technology we can take the bugs and press/shape them into steaks and the like. And hey man, we had VENISON and BUFFALO and all sorts of other foods.

So take that you burnt bastard wink
(Kidding, I joke like that. I could tell you were being sarcastic....at least I hope you were. O_o)

Schecter
well, many of us have eaten arthropods. if we can drool over giant bugs, may as well try out the little ones.

Robtard
well, many of us have eaten arthropods. if we can drool over giant bugs, may as well try out the little ones.

Naa... it's a common fact that the polution in the oceans, lakes and streams add that special taste, no roach could compare

Robtard
Hey, with modern technology we can take the bugs and press/shape them into steaks and the like. And hey man, we had VENISON and BUFFALO and all sorts of other foods.

So take that you burnt bastard wink
(Kidding, I joke like that. I could tell you were being sarcastic....at least I hope you were. O_o)

Like a tofu-steak really taste like a steak...

Burnt? I'm no darkie.

Naz

Yeah, I feed meal worms to the box turtles at work, and I will not be reduced to eating the same thing as them.

Schecter
Originally posted by Naz
Yeah, I feed meal worms to the box turtles at work, and I will not be reduced to eating the same thing as them.

starving people are less particular

Naz
starving people are less particular

Good thing I'm not one of them.

Onitsu
Originally posted by Robtard
Like a tofu-steak really taste like a steak...

Burnt? I'm no darkie. What are you then? I wasnt around when you said. I know 2DL is black...I think...gods one can never tell on the net T_T

Robtard
What are you then? I wasnt around when you said. I know 2DL is black...I think...gods one can never tell on the net T_T

I don't know... I guess a craka-wop-spick (in no particular order).

Onitsu
ok so your caucazoid? But you know, cracka shouldnt be too offensive, I thought it ment like a cracker and well...saltines are pretty pale. oh...and what's a wop?

So if cracka's are white people can black people be chocolatay and caramel colored peeps be carmies and asians be butters and red skins be tomata's?

FeceMan
"Cracker" was originally used as a shortened form of "whip-cracker," a reference to the sound made when plantation owners would, well, crack their whips.

I'm not sure if it means "saltine" now. I'd rather be a Ritz, to be honest.

Onitsu
Originally posted by FeceMan
"Cracker" was originally used as a shortened form of "whip-cracker," a reference to the sound made when plantation owners would, well, crack their whips.

I'm not sure if it means "saltine" now. I'd rather be a Ritz, to be honest.

Ritz are yummy. Especially with cream chese and a cricket on top. big grin

debbiejo
I'll try anything once.. cool

Onitsu
That's the Ticket! Debbiejo. Yay for people up to trying new things!
There are too many now a days that refuse to do anything outside their norm.

FeceMan
Penis penis penis.

Onitsu
oookay...that's an unusual bump to keep this topic current. Thanks for the effort though. But I dont mind if it lapses into apathy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.