Atheists Have No Holiday?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JesusIsAlive
The Christians have Christmas and Easter, the Jews celebrate Passover, Yom Kippur, and Rosh Hashanah, but what do the atheists have? Should there be "Atheist Day?"

Jokingly some have stated that the atheists holiday is April 1 (April Fools Day).

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=atheist+day

Symmetric Chaos
What is the actual point of this?

AngryManatee
find the cos(pi/2) and you will find out what the point is

DigiMark007
I celebrate plenty of days. I particularly like Halloween, Groundhog Day, and Free Comic Book Day.

confused

And beyond the fact that this thread fails miserably (resorting to ambiguous undermining of other beliefs, are we? At least make a better stand) life is my holiday.

debbiejo
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
The Christians have Christmas and Easter, the Jews celebrate Passover, Yom Kippur, and Rosh Hashanah, but what do the atheists have? Should there be "Atheist Day?"

Jokingly some have stated that the atheists holiday is April 1 (April Fools Day).

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=atheist+day laughing out loud

All the Christian Holidays are Pagan.....lol

I've even heard that the real birthday for Jesus was April Fools day. Oh, of course the Atheists changed it to that day.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
What is the actual point of this?

Should there be an "atheist day."

King Kandy
I think an "Atheist Pride Day" would be great since we're so persecuted.

StyleTime
Not all holidays are religous.

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Free Comic Book Day.
One of the greatest holidays ever.

debbiejo
I'm not an Atheist, so I celebrate all the holidays ever made by whom ever. It's just the joy of living...beer

King Kandy
Searching your link I found a great story:

http://www.abarnett.demon.co.uk/atheism/judgmentday.html

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by King Kandy
I think an "Atheist Pride Day" would be great since we're so persecuted.

Persecuted by whom? Who has persecuted atheists?

chillmeistergen
The whole point of atheism is a lack of belief; what would be the point in celebrating a lack of belief?

Symmetric Chaos
Who has persecuted atheists?

no expression

Bardock42
Don't think we need one, we'll just take the vacation of yours, we are parasitical like that. You don't mind, right?

King Kandy
Persecuted by whom? Who has persecuted atheists?
ermm

You're one to talk.

JesusIsAlive
ermm

You're one to talk.

What do you mean? Telling you how to be saved from your sins through Jesus Christ so that you can spend eternity in the presence of God and your loved ones with no more pain, sorrow, or death--but instead enjoy peace, love, and eternal life is persecuting you?

King Kandy
Um, yeah.

George H. W. Bush implied that Atheists have no right to be US citizens... That, is persecution.

I've heard people say that I'm possessed by Demons, since i'm an Atheist.

In fact, i've heard that apparently i've raped at least five people...

Emperor Ashtar

JesusIsAlive
Um, yeah.

George H. W. Bush implied that Atheists have no right to be US citizens... That, is persecution.

"Um, yeah."

Um yeah what?

In what way did the current President of the U.S. imply that atheists have no right to be U.S. citizens? Can you provide a specific instance?

Well, I will be the first to say that you are not possessed by demons just because you are an atheist.

Well, have you raped five people? (You did not deny this that is why I ask.)

StyleTime
Originally posted by StyleTime
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
I said that BEFORE it was cool to say that.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
The whole point of atheism is a lack of belief; what would be the point in celebrating a lack of belief?

But a lack of belief is still a belief nonetheless (i.e. it is dis-belief).

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Bardock42
Don't think we need one, we'll just take the vacation of yours, we are parasitical like that. You don't mind, right?

No, not at all.

Strangelove
I celebrate secular Christmas wink

Storm
Unlike theists, atheists don' t need to adopt holidays to create some common atheist identity.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Storm
Unlike theists, atheists don' t need to adopt holidays to create some common atheist identity.

Why do atheists get married? Isn't a wedding a religious event? Isn't marriage an institution founded on religious underpinning?

chillmeistergen

You don't base celebrations on dis-beliefs. It's like saying ''do you think there should be events specifically for people, who don't believe in aliens; as well as those who do?'' It's utterly ridiculous.

JesusIsAlive
You don't base celebrations on dis-beliefs. It's like saying ''do you think there should be events specifically for people, who don't believe in aliens; as well as those who do?'' It's utterly ridiculous.

Why do atheists get married? Isn't a wedding a religious event? Isn't marriage an institution founded on religious underpinning?

chillmeistergen
Marriage doesn't have purely religious connotations, it's been adapted as a form of professing your loyalty, in both a spiritual and legal fashion.

JesusIsAlive
Marriage doesn't have purely religious connotations, it's been adapted as a form of professing your loyalty, in both a spiritual and legal fashion.

Then why are weddings mainly officiated by clergy instead of by a judge?

inimalist
The only days I celebrate are April 19th and 20th wink

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by inimalist
The only days I celebrate are April 19th and 20th wink

What is the significance of those days?

chillmeistergen
Then why are weddings officiated by clergy instead of by a judge?

You're a silly individual aren't you? You realise, that they aren't the only people who can perform marriages? Is a captain of a ship somehow now religiously connected?

JesusIsAlive
You're a silly individual aren't you? You realise, that they aren't the only people who can perform marriages? Is a captain of a ship somehow now religiously connected?

But the overwhelming majority of weddings are officiated by clergy--why?.

Symmetric Chaos

There are economic and social benifits to being a married couple rather than just a couple.

Then why are weddings officiated by clergy instead of by a judge?

confused

A judge can perform a wedding. Hell a ships captain can perform a wedding.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
There are economic and social benifits to being a married couple rather than just a couple.

confused

A judge can perform a wedding. Hell a ships captain can perform a wedding.

chillmeistergen

Either because the people getting married are religious, or they can't afford an alternative. Common sense.

inimalist
an overwhelming portion of society is religious?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by inimalist
an overwhelming portion of society is religious?

Or at the very least a large majority of the society identifies as having religious faith.

debbiejo
But the overwhelming majority of weddings are officiated by clergy--why?. Even so, it means nothing spiritual to them. I believe sometimes they do it for the benifit of others.

Storm
Often, a factor like family weighs on them.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by debbiejo
Even so, it means nothing spiritual to them. I believe sometimes they do it for the benifit of others.

So, should there be an atheist day?

Storm
No.

Ushgarak

No it isn't, and to actually state such a contradiction out loud demonstrates a lack of intelligence. A lack of belief, rather by defintion is NOT a belief. Nor is disbelief. I don't believe in Unicorns. That does not make me a non-unicornist, nor do I believe in non-unicornism. It's just absent from what I do believe in.

Being an atheist is merely a facet. It might possiblt be part OF a belief system- say, Communism or Nihilism- but calling it a belief in of itself is dumb.

To handle your point- should those who do not belief in God get a holiday, no of course not. That;s equally as silly as Non--Unicorn day.

But there are PLENTY of secular-based holidays based on specific things, not NON-things. There are holidays based on religion, and ones not, so both areas are already well served.

hence this thread is meaningless.

chillmeistergen
So, should there be an atheist day?

You've lost any kind of argument you had for this farce. What made you start such a stupid thread?

JesusIsAlive
No.

There should not be a day when atheists celebrate their atheism, and have all sorts festivities and paraphanelia associated with it so that it can become a commercial event?

chillmeistergen
There should not be a day when atheists celebrate their atheism, and have all sorts festivities and paraphanelia associated with it so that it can become a commercial event?

You don't celebrate a lack of belief, you cretin.

Healing Artisan
pointless thread?

anyway, as for Christmas, we celebrate on Jan 6

JesusIsAlive
You don't celebrate a lack of belief, you cretin.

Do you celebrate your birthday? Why? Do you do it because you believe that you were born on that day?

Ushgarak
Do you celebrate your birthday? Why? Do you do it because you believe that you were born on that day?

It is a FACT you are born on your birthday, genius.

Storm
I celebrate the anniversary of my birthday.

JesusIsAlive
I celebrate the anniversary of my birthday.

I see, but you do not necessarily believe anything or do so out of any belief as such correct?

Ushgarak
JIA, belief is for things that you are not in a position to know. I don't have to believe in tables, for example.

But I do have to believe in things like justice, fair play, equal rights, and so on.

A birthday is one of the first, not the second.

debbiejo
Hmm Satanist don't believe in god nor the devil. I wonder if they have any holidays.

*does search*

Though Holidays comes from Holy Days

Ushgarak
And Thursday comes from Norse mythology. We don't have to stay true to origins.

King Kandy
"Um, yeah."

Um yeah what?

In what way did the current President of the U.S. imply that atheists have no right to be U.S. citizens? Can you provide a specific instance?

Well, I will be the first to say that you are not possessed by demons just because you are an atheist.

Well, have you raped five people? (You did not deny this that is why I ask.)
...George H. W. Bush, not George W. Bush... And anyway, yes I have a source.

http://www.cyberdespot.com/home.html?jesustricks/bush.html&frames/left.html&frames/top.html

And no, all of those allegations against me are completely unfounded... It just shows that people have attacked me and made false claims based solely on me being an Atheist.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Ushgarak
JIA, belief is for things that you are not in a position to know. I don't have to believe in tables, for example.

But I do have to believe in things like justice, fair play, equal rights, and so on.

A birthday is one of the first, not the second.

Technically, you do not know for certain that you were born on your supposed birthday, you only know what someone else typed on your birth certificate and what someone told you. Hence, you are exercising belief and/or faith in your birthdate being on the day that you have come to know and understand.

JesusIsAlive
...George H. W. Bush, not George W. Bush... And anyway, yes I have a source.

http://www.cyberdespot.com/home.html?jesustricks/bush.html&frames/left.html&frames/top.html

And no, all of those allegations against me are completely unfounded... It just shows that people have attacked me and made false claims based solely on me being an Atheist.

That was wrong for them to do that to you.

chillmeistergen
Technically, you do not know for certain that you were born on your supposed birthday, you only know what someone else typed on your birth certificate and what someone told you. Hence, you are exercising belief and/or faith in your birthdate being on the day that you have come to know and understand.

We know for a fact that everyone is born, so then the belief in our birthdays are completely founded.

Evil Dead

a person need not know any fact........it still makes it no less a fact. I'm sure there are Encyclopedias filled with facts that you, yourself do not know.........it still doesn' make them any less fact.

Any medical procedure is scientific in nature as medicine is a field of science. Events were witnessed by scientists in a controlled scientific environment........their data recorded not just on a birth certificate but numerous places. That is a fact. As previously stated, there are many.....MANY facts I'm sure you personally are not aware of.

King Kandy
That was wrong for them to do that to you.
Well maybe so, but it shows that ATHEISTS ARE PERSECUTED.

They've been persecuted by a former US PREIDENT... WHILE HE WAS IN OFFICE.

JesusIsAlive
We know for a fact that everyone is born, so then the belief in our birthdays are completely founded.

But...how do you know for sure what day you were born on?

Aren't you simply going by what someone else told you?

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Evil Dead
a person need not know any fact........it still makes it no less a fact. I'm sure there are Encyclopedias filled with facts that you, yourself do not know.........it still doesn' make them any less fact.

Any medical procedure is scientific in nature as medicine is a field of science. Events were witnessed by scientists in a controlled scientific environment........their data recorded not just on a birth certificate but numerous places. That is a fact. As previously stated, there are many.....MANY facts I'm sure you personally are not aware of.

But how do you know that your particular birthdate was not falsified?

Evil Dead
But...how do you know for sure what day you were born on?

Aren't you simply going by what someone else told you?

no.....actually we all remember our own birthdays around here JIA........you're the only one who doesn't. We take no one elses word for it. We remember the date as witnessed with our own eyes as we popped out of our mothers' vaginas.

prove me wrong or a liar. remember, it is impossible to prove a negative.

JesusIsAlive
no.....actually we all remember our own birthdays around here JIA........you're the only one who doesn't. We take no one elses word for it. We remember the date as witnessed with our own eyes as we popped out of our mothers' vaginas.

laughing out loud

King Kandy
Well, come on? Let's see you prove him wrong.

I don't see how it's relevant that we get our birthdays from other sources... The sources are very reliable.

JesusIsAlive

I don't see how it's relevant that we get our birthdays from other sources... The sources are very reliable.

Question: have you ever been lied to by someone that you believed was reliable?

Evil Dead

no, no........according to him scientific occurances happening in controlled scientific environments with data recorded by numerous scientists in numerous places is not reliable.

but yeah.....he wants to be silly.....we can too.

JesusIsAlive

Originally posted by lord xyz
Okay, now prove Jesus is true.

First prove that He is not true? I know what you are thinking: "you can't prove a negative." But that is not true. A negative can be proven. For example, I do not believe that elephants can fly like dumbo. I assert that flying elephants do not exist on this planet. My proof is that elephants do not have the genetic equipment and wherewithal to fly as birds do. I have just proven a negative.

Well, you perhaps assert that Jesus is not true (I am assuming that this is what you are doing, right?) Well, your job (in this scenario) is to prove that Jesus is not true. You may not see Him but does that mean that He is not true? No! Oh, sorry, I should have said, "no," without the exclamation. But I wanted to emphasize that. Just because you cannot perceive something with your senses does not mean that it does not exist. For example, can you see wind? Can you see radio waves? Can you see gravity? Can you see the fourth dimension? You can see the effect of wind or radio waves or gravity but you cannot see them per se.
But, guess what lord xyz all of those examples that I have provided exist! Happy Dance

So, yes you can prove a negative if it truly does not exist. But in this case that is impossible because Jesus Christ does exist. But the burden of proof that He does not exist rests with you not me. My job (only in this scenario and not in the real world in terms of my preaching the gospel) is to prove that Jesus does exist and your job is to prove that He does not.

DigiMark007
Um, yeah.

I was once asked, in all seriousness, if I was gay because they knew I was a vegetarian.

If I was, I'd openly admit it with confidence. But the point is that persecution and generalizations like that happen all the time. A sad, sad state....anything that isn't mainstream gets labeled ad nauseum, and it's usually the most open-minded people who are the victims.

Evil Dead
First prove that He is not true? I know what you are thinking: "you can't prove a negative." But that is not true. A negative can be proven. For example, I do not believe that elephants can fly like dumbo. I assert that flying elephants do not exist on this planet. My proof is that elephants do not have the genetic equipment and wherewithal to fly as birds do. I have just proven a negative.

So, yes you can prove a negative if it truly does not exist. But in this case that is impossible because Jesus Christ does exist. But the burden of proof that He does not exist rests with you not me. My job (only in this scenario and not in the real world in terms of my preaching the gospel) is to prove that Jesus does exist and your job is to prove that He does not.

you are 100% wrong. good job.

All you can prove is a positive......that you have never found an elephant with the ability to fly or found an elephant with even the recessively genetic trait for wings of any kind. You can not speak for all the elephants on this earth you have not found. Even if you had tested every single elephant on this planet, there's always the chance that a new flying elephant was born in any 1 second interval in a location you were not currently in. Hell......that new flying elephant may have even been invisible.

since you seem to know little to nothing of science........here is why you can not prove a negative of any kind:

For something to be proven fact, there must be physical evidence or data to support the issue you wish to be proven fact. If something is a negative, it never existed. If something doesn't exist, it can not leave behind physical evidence to test.......nor can it create data to record.

there's your third grade science lesson for the day.

JesusIsAlive
you are 100% wrong. good job.

All you can prove is a positive......that you have never found an elephant with the ability to fly or found an elephant with even the recessively genetic trait for wings of any kind. You can not speak for all the elephants on this earth you have not found. Even if you had tested every single elephant on this planet, there's always the chance that a new flying elephant was born in any 1 second interval in a location you were not currently in. Hell......that new flying elephant may have even been invisible.

since you seem to know little to nothing of science........here is why you can not prove a negative of any kind:

For something to be proven fact, there must be physical evidence or data to support the issue you wish to be proven fact. If something is a negative, it never existed. If something doesn't exist, it can not leave behind physical evidence to test.......nor can it create data to record.

there's your third grade science lesson for the day.

But...I think outside of the box and traditional, conventional, established norms.

So, using your logic and rationale you cannot prove that God does not exist (remember: God is a Spirit; hence, He is invisible, but based on your example this does not negate His existence).

Have you only proven a positive Evil Dead?

debbiejo
Question: have you ever been lied to by someone that you believed was reliable? Unfortunately yes, the church.

Evil Dead
But...I think outside of the box and traditional, conventional, established norms. So, using your logic you cannot prove that God does not exist (remember: God is a Spirit; hence, He is invisible, but based on your example this does not negate His existence).

"outside the box" has nothing to do with what is a fact and what is not a fact.

you are correct on this one. Nobody can prove god does not exist.....you should just ignore anybody who has claimed such as they don't know what they are talking about.

but remember......only positives can be proven, therefore the burden of proof lies on the one making the positive assertion. If a person says "god exists".......it is their job to prove it. To avoid being confronted with that in the future, as you are incapable of defending your stance as there is no proof for a god...........you should say, "I BELIEVE god exists".

JesusIsAlive
"outside the box" has nothing to do with what is a fact and what is not a fact.

you are correct on this one. Nobody can prove god does not exist.....you should just ignore anybody who has claimed such as they don't know what they are talking about.

but remember......only positives can be proven, therefore the burden of proof lies on the one making the positive assertion. If a person says "god exists".......it is their job to prove it. To avoid being confronted with that in the future, as you are incapable of defending your stance as there is no proof for a god...........you should say, "I BELIEVE god exists".

Thanks for acknowledging that I am correct on this one (I simply used your own logic and rationale).

However, God does exist. You must realize and understand Who God is. God is and/or represents the eminently intelligent Designer or Adequate Cause for all of the complication that you perceive with your senses, moment-by-moment, everyday that you live. There is no other explanation for the origin of matter and life's complexity (i.e. there is no other adequate cause for their existence). The Big Bang and the Theory of Evolution are not adequate causes for the complexity and complication that reality presents.

JesusIsAlive
http://nwcreation.net/abiogenesis.html

http://www.doesgodexist.org/MayJun01/NewPlanetsDemonstrateEarthsUniqueness.html

http://nwcreation.net/articles/howlifebegin.html

Evil Dead
Thanks for acknowledging that I am correct on this one (I simply used your own logic and rationale).

truth is truth, no matter who states it. That's the beauty of absolute truth......it doesn't discriminate.

you made a positive assertion, now prove it. provide physical evidence or data to support your claim. We will then put this evidence through the scientific method.

that is your opinion, not fact.

How do you know? You do not even have all the knowledge of the human species.......and the human species only has knowledge of one solar system out of 400 billion in our own galaxy which is only one of billions of galaxies.

not being adequate has nothing to do with their validity.....as stated previously, the knowledge contained by the entire human race is limited to one solar system in a galaxy of 400 billion solar systems which is only 1 of billions of other galaxies. Not being adequate neither affirms or negates their possibility..........nor confirms nor negates the possibility of any other theory.

King Kandy
However, God does exist. You must realize and understand Who God is. God is and/or represents the eminently intelligent Designer or Adequate Cause for all of the complication that you perceive with your senses, moment-by-moment, everyday that you live. There is no other explanation for the origin of matter and life's complexity (i.e. there is no other adequate cause for their existence). The Big Bang and the Theory of Evolution are not adequate causes for the complexity and complication that reality presents.
Um, yeah there is... Current theory is that the universe originated from ever-constant "Quantum Foam"... No first cause at all.

JesusIsAlive
truth is truth, no matter who states it. That's the beauty of absolute truth......it doesn't discriminate.

you made a positive assertion, now prove it. provide physical evidence or data to support your claim. We will then put this evidence through the scientific method.

that is your opinion, not fact.

How do you know? You do not even have all the knowledge of the human species.......and the human species only has knowledge of one solar system out of 400 billion in our own galaxy which is only one of billions of galaxies.

not being adequate has nothing to do with their validity.....as stated previously, the knowledge contained by the entire human race is limited to one solar system in a galaxy of 400 billion solar systems which is only 1 of billions of other galaxies. Not being adequate neither affirms or negates their possibility..........nor confirms nor negates the possibility of any other theory.

Everything that your senses take in constitutes audible, olfactory, visual, tactile, (and not to mention gustation) and physical evidence for God's existence. For example, would conception of a human embryo be capable without at least two adequate causes: sperm and egg? No? Well, why not? Because without those two minimum components, there would not be enough adequate cause to produce a complicated organism such as an embryo correct?

There is not enough adequate cause (aside from God Who is reputed to be All-powerful) to produce matter's complexity and life's complication. Hence, God must (and does) exist for or because He is the only One capable of creating reality with such fine-tuned complication, wonder, and uncanny intelligence and wisdom.

Evil Dead
I hate to give in to the religious folk...but....neither side has a better stance on this issue.

It all boils down to the very first bit of matter or energy present in our universe. You can say it always existed.......but that's no better than saying god always existed.

at this point in time, the human race is incapable of tackling such a question. We can track our universe back to a singularity.......but that's where it ends. We do not have the knowledge to take it any further......and certainly have no evidence to support any claim made beyond. Even if M theory were correct and we could 100% explain our universe from it's very inception.......that still leaves the question of where the matter and energy from the previous universes came from...and so on and so on.

Evil Dead
Everything that your senses take in constitutes audible, olfactory, visual, tactile, (and not to mention gustation) and physical evidence for God's existence. For example, would conception of a human embryo be capable without at least two adequate causes: sperm and egg? No? Well, why not? Because without those two minimum components, there would not be enough adequate cause to produce a complicated organism such as an embryo correct?

There is not enough adequate cause (aside from God Who is reputed to be All-powerful) to produce matter's complexity and life's complication. Hence, God must (and does) exist for or because He is the only One capable of creating reality with such fine-tuned complication, wonder, and uncanny intelligence and wisdom.

Not one thing you have just posted or have ever posted is evidence that a god #1 exists or #2 is responsible for anything in our universe if he did exist. Don't feel bad.......religious folk have been talking and talking for 4000 years and still haven't provided any evidence.

JesusIsAlive
Not one thing you have just posted or have ever posted is evidence that a god #1 exists or #2 is responsible for anything in our universe if he did exist. Don't feel bad.......religious folk have been talking and talking for 4000 years and still haven't provided any evidence.

Deductively speaking God (the All-powerful, All-wise Creator according to the Bible) is the only possible adequate cause for the existence of this astounding universe together with its wonderful phenomenas. All other theories fail to establish themselves as adequate causes for the monolithic amount of matter, energy, and degree of sophistication that is present in this universe. Just check out the amount of sophistication and complication exists in just one cell of the human body and yet there are an innumerable host of cells (times that by the number of humans who have ever lived up to the present).

http://nwcreation.net/abiogenesis.html

http://www.doesgodexist.org/MayJun01/NewPlanetsDemonstrateEarthsUniqueness.html

Evil Dead
there is no such thing as "deductively speaking"........even if you had all the knowledge in the uninvers to deduce from.

Either something can be proven fact by physical evidence or data it emits or it cannot. That's it, end of story.

what you are left with is a "belief".........one that you can yell about until the cows come home but at the end of the day, it's still merely a belief held by you.

AngryManatee
opinions are funny things when those who possess the opinion flaunt it around as fact.

chillmeistergen
The whole thing about God, is the theory isn't falsifiable; a Christian will have a set answer for every question. Popper would regard this as meaning that it's invalid.

lord xyz

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=atheist+day I like to celebrate the soltices and equinoxes. I guess they're atheist holidays seeing as they have nothing to do with religion or god. Oh and new years.

debbiejo
So, should there be an atheist day? Actually I don't see a problem with it.

AngryManatee
Or we could just devote all the normal days to atheists, since they aren't celebrating any religious holidays? Makes things fair, as long as I get paid vacations with all my days off due to my atheist "beliefs" lolzazz

lord xyz
Originally posted by AngryManatee
Or we could just devote all the normal days to atheists, since they aren't celebrating any religious holidays? Makes things fair, as long as I get paid vacations with all my days off due to my atheist "beliefs" lolzazz Yeah, but everyday is bound to have some religious meaning. We should look at one of those things that tells what anniversary/holiday the day is.

Bardock42
Why do atheists get married? Isn't a wedding a religious event? Isn't marriage an institution founded on religious underpinning? I suppose it is a sign of love that also non believers can show each other. Wouldn't know why they get married in a church though..

Also, tax cuts.

Ushgarak

I have evidence and know it beyond any reasonable doubt.

Your pedanticism in trying to make out it is not certain is entirely useless- not to mention once again quite stupid if you actually think it is a worthwhile point.

However, JIA, you are taking this thread entirely off-topic, and if it does not get back onto it I will close.

JesusIsAlive

JesusIsAlive

Boris
Should there be an "atheist day."

Sure why not, if it get's me off work and allows for a few drinks!

AngryManatee
Early Calculations
Given the data available in 1979

hysterical

Edit: I also got a kick about the quantum gravity part, which seems kind of hypocritical of you to represent considering it goes against your classical understanding of physics.

JesusIsAlive
hysterical

You are avoiding the facts.

AngryManatee
your facts are 28 years out of date, please provide something a little more up-to-date.

Shakyamunison

Atheists can have any holiday they wish too. They can even have all of them.

ADarksideJedi
April's fools day should there day.Or Halloween.Anyway why give them a day?jm

JesusIsAlive
your facts are 28 years out of date, please provide something a little more up-to-date.

The facts have enduring value.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi

April Fool's day?

laughing out loud

AngryManatee

not when so much has been happening in the scientific world since then.

King Kandy
The facts didn't even have value when they were made... They got squashed right out of peer review phase.

AngryManatee
lol peer reviews- the thing that prevents creation scientists from publishing their work in legit journals Happy Dance

King Kandy
lol peer reviews- the thing that prevents creation scientists from publishing their work in legit journals Happy Dance
Thank No-God for Peer Reviews!

JesusIsAlive

Biased evolutionist publishers?

PITT_HAPPENS
Hell Christmas is less about Christ then buying and selling presents, I think we could take that day stick out tongue

JesusIsAlive
Thank No-God for Peer Reviews!

Biased atheistic publishers?

Shakyamunison

Not true. If someone could scientifically disprove evolution, they would make millions.

PITT_HAPPENS
Biased atheistic publishers? laughing Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Not true. If someone could scientifically disprove evolution, they would make millions. thumb up

AngryManatee

Biased atheistic publishers?

lol you wish, they're just proper scientists.

Bardock42
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi

I agree with the question.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Not true. If someone could scientifically disprove evolution, they would make millions.

Not true. The Theory of Evolution is all that scientists feel that they have to cling to (in the face of stark discrepancies, problems, and contradictions). But they hold on tightly to this fairy tale because they would rather believe a lie than to believe in God.

Bardock42
Not true. The Theory of Evolution is all that scientists feel that they have to cling to (in the face of stark discrepancies, problems, and contradictions). But they hold on tightly to this fairy tale because they would rather believe a lie than to believe in God.

Nah

Boris
Not true. Religion is all that the religious feel that they have to cling to (in the face of stark discrepancies, problems, contradictions and lack of any evidence). But they hold on tightly to this fairy tale because they would rather believe a lie than to believe in the truth..

Well said, JIA!

I agree completely!

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Boris
Well said, JIA!

I agree completely!

You agree that the Theory of Evolution is all that scientists feel that they have to cling to (in the face of stark discrepancies, problems, and contradictions). But they hold on tightly to this fairy tale because they would rather believe a lie than to believe in God?

Oh.

Boris
You agree that Religion and the Bible, are all that the religious feel that they have to cling to (in the face of stark discrepancies, problems, contradictions and lack of any evidence.). But they hold on tightly to this fairy tale because they would rather believe a lie than to believe in the truth?

Oh.

Yes, totally.

JesusIsAlive
Yes, totally.

EVOLUTION THEORY:

"Sexual reproduction came about by evolution."

SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE

"Two humans had to evolve at the same time and place, having complementary reproductive systems. If one system wasn't complete or compatible, the species would become extinct."

How Did Life Begin?
Originally Published in Return to God Magazine
Volume 1, Number 1, p4

Explain this Boris.

Boris
Frogs had sex with Monkeys to create retard baby spider monkey-frogs.

Simple.

Seriously, watch South Park, it's all in there man!

JesusIsAlive
Frogs had sex with Monkeys to create retard baby spider monkey-frogs.

Simple.

Seriously, watch South Park, it's all in there man!

Frogs cannot mate with monkeys.

Boris
That's what they want you to think.

Shakyamunison

You are describing some Christians like yourself, not scientist. I bet you don't even know any scientists.

JesusIsAlive
That's what they want you to think.

You are not a true evolutionist if you believe that frogs can mate with monkeys.

Boris
I'm telling you, that's what they want you to think.

All is not as it seems.

The truth IS out there.

JesusIsAlive
You are describing some Christians like yourself, not scientist. I bet you don't even know any scientists.

EVOLUTION THEORY:

SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE

"Two humans had to evolve at the same time and place, having complementary reproductive systems. If one system wasn't complete or compatible, the species would become extinct."

How Did Life Begin?
Volume 1, Number 1, p4

Explain this Shakyamunison.

Strangelove
Not true. The Theory of Evolution is all that scientists feel that they have to cling to (in the face of stark discrepancies, problems, and contradictions). But they hold on tightly to this fairy tale because they would rather believe a lie than to believe in God. Are you hallucinating?

Shakyamunison

EVOLUTION THEORY:

SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE

How Did Life Begin?
Volume 1, Number 1, p4

Explain this Shakyamunison.

Sexual reproduction started long before there were humans on the Earth. So, can you rephrase the question? As it is, it is invalid.

JesusIsAlive
Sexual reproduction started long before there were humans on the Earth. So, can you rephrase the question? As it is, it is invalid.

How did a primordial cell produce male and female humans? You cannot have one without the other?

Shakyamunison
How did a primordial cell produce male and female humans? You cannot have one without the other?

At one time, all life used Asexuality to reproduce. However, it became an advantage to split the reproductive traits into two sexes. I do not know the details, but I have seen a show on TV that covered this topic. Therefore, there is information out there on this topic. I suggest you look it up.

JesusIsAlive
At one time, all life used Asexuality to reproduce. However, it became an advantage to split the reproductive traits into two sexes. I do not know the details, but I have seen a show on TV that covered this topic. Therefore, there is information out there on this topic. I suggest you look it up.

This makes no sense.

Shakyamunison
This makes no sense.

Sure it does. The problem with asexuality is that the offspring are genetically the same as the parents. Bacteria that were asexual started swapping genetic material. This swapping gave some an advantage, and they passed it on. Aphids us both asexuality and sexuality, as an example.

JesusIsAlive

"Sex is the queen of problems in evolutionary biology.
Perhaps no other natural phenomenon has aroused so much interest;
certainly none has sowed so much confusion."

- Graham Bell, 1982

Shakyamunison
"Sex is the queen of problems in evolutionary biology.
Perhaps no other natural phenomenon has aroused so much interest;
certainly none has sowed so much confusion."

- Graham Bell, 1982

Who is Graham Bell? The inventor? confused

JesusIsAlive

JesusIsAlive
Sure it does. The problem with asexuality is that the offspring are genetically the same as the parents. Bacteria that were asexual started swapping genetic material. This swapping gave some an advantage, and they passed it on. Aphids us both asexuality and sexuality, as an example.

"The production of males is a "cost" that lowers the fitness of species in a competitive world. In many species, the males does nothing for the species other than providing sperm. For example, the male lion does not hunt for food or take any part in the rearing of young. However, males must be fed by the females, which uses up half of their food resources with no benefit produced in return. The male lion reduces the "fitness" of the species by two-fold. Here is another example of how sexual reproduction costs a species. Let us say that there are a million members of a species of sexually reproducing snails. At some point, there arises one female that is able to reproduce asexually. This female produces two females while her sexual cousins produce one male and one female. Therefore, for each generation, the asexual snails produce twice as many reproducing members as the sexually reproducing species. According to population dynamics, the asexual mutants would completely replace the original population within 52 generations.2 Despite the increased cost of sexual reproduction, it persists over asexual reproduction."

http://www.godandscience.org/evolution/reproduction.html

Shakyamunison
"The production of males is a "cost" that lowers the fitness of species in a competitive world. In many species, the males does nothing for the species other than providing sperm. For example, the male lion does not hunt for food or take any part in the rearing of young. However, males must be fed by the females, which uses up half of their food resources with no benefit produced in return. The male lion reduces the "fitness" of the species by two-fold. Here is another example of how sexual reproduction costs a species. Let us say that there are a million members of a species of sexually reproducing snails. At some point, there arises one female that is able to reproduce asexually. This female produces two females while her sexual cousins produce one male and one female. Therefore, for each generation, the asexual snails produce twice as many reproducing members as the sexually reproducing species. According to population dynamics, the asexual mutants would completely replace the original population within 52 generations.2 Despite the increased cost of sexual reproduction, it persists over asexual reproduction."

http://www.godandscience.org/evolution/reproduction.html

And then a disease comes along and kills all of the asexual females that are genetically the same. Your quote above is stupid. It does not take into consideration the real world. If you are going to quote other people, find someone with an education, or stop quoting them out of context.

JesusIsAlive
And then a disease comes along and kills all of the asexual females that are genetically the same. Your quote above is stupid. It does not take into consideration the real world. If you are going to quote other people, find someone with an education, or stop quoting them out of context.

Like I said your make-shift explanation about sexual reproduction does not make sense, that quote supports my statement.

Shakyamunison
Like I said your make-shift explanation about sexual reproduction does not make sense, that quote supports my statement.

What are you talking about? Are you talking about the stupid quote that you gave?

JesusIsAlive
What are you talking about? Are you talking about the stupid quote that you gave?

Yes.

Shakyamunison
Yes.

So, just because you quote someone, you think that makes your point valid? Who wrote the article?

JesusIsAlive
So, just because you quote someone, you think that makes your point valid? Who wrote the article?

Jesus predicted apostasy too (of which you have become a part of).

Shakyamunison
Jesus predicted apostasy too (of which you have become a part of).

That is a lie. A common tactic in revolutions is to divide and conquer. Jesus was never talking about you or I; only the Jews.

JesusIsAlive
That is a lie. A common tactic in revolutions is to divide and conquer. Jesus was never talking about you or I; only the Jews.

Substantiate your assertions otherwise your allegations are just that: allegations.

Jesus predicted famines.

Ushgarak
Ok, this has abandoned the topic and again once more seems to have been an excuse for the oiriginal poster to preach the same stuff he does in all his other threads.

Stop making such repetitive threads.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.