Diablo movie!?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pandemoniac
Recently, Legendary Pictures is mentioning a movie based on Blizzards Diablo as one of their projects. Details remain shady, so on with the speculating!

Wolfie
We have enough of DnD-esque movies already.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Wolfie
We have enough of DnD-esque movies already.

Name one.

Violent2Dope
I would only see a Diablo movie if it didn't suck, cause alot of movies based on games do, in fact, suck.

Kazenji
Not to sure about it sucking since i hear blizzard will be working with Legendary Pictures

Kazenji
Also pandomoniac where did you hear this ??

because on the Legendary Pictures site there's no diablo under their in development list.

makerofthings
eh...moderntime or the same timeframe as diablo ?

Pandemoniac
Originally posted by Kazenji
Also pandomoniac where did you hear this ??

because on the Legendary Pictures site there's no diablo under their in development list.

About a month ago it was mentioned on comingsoon, darkhorizons, gamepro, arrowinthehead and more, and at that time the legendary pictures site did had Diablo listed as one of the titles under development.
But indeed, it's not on the list anymore so it might have been just an idea that got blown off (for now).

Anyhow, I do think it could work, if they make it a medieval horror/survival movie, while staying away from the cliche fantasy stuff.

dave_kodak
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Name one. Dungons and Dragons, You know, that one movie with that guy who had blue lipstick, who wasnt manly at all, and had plastic armor, who had some kind of mind sucking things in his ears.

... One.

Violent2Dope
They would need a good budget to bring a Diablo movie to life.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
They would need a good budget to bring a Diablo movie to life.

YEa something along the lines of the budget for LOTR or possibly even more.

Violent2Dope
The Diablo games were a huge success so I think that they could get a big enough budget for it.

SelphieT
ZOMG, Diablo droolio

Wish I could play Diablo II right now......damn laptop.

Bicnarok

SelphieT
Oh really? Sheeit, I'll have to check it out then.

For some reason, a couple years ago my dad said the laptop wouldn't be able to play it, so I believed him, but then again, he doesn't know shit about computers in the first place.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.