Crystal VS Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hotmelody99
just wondering.....

guy222
Originally posted by hotmelody99
just wondering.....

crystal

golem370
Magneto.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Crystal dies an aweful tragic death.

hotmelody99
really? I would've thought she could've done better

Utrigita
it depends where are they fighting?

hotmelody99
how bout in a huge forest

Blair Wind
Crystal.....she can control anything he can control, and more erm

Utrigita
Originally posted by hotmelody99
how bout in a huge forest

that would be handing her a victory.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Blair Wind

Yes she can but I doubt she is as good as him in controlling metal.

wannabe
This is not exactly a really good argument. no
Such a fight is not necessarily about the quantity of abilities you have, but about the quality of those you can use. Fore example: Marvel Girl or Selene can do all the things Xavier can do and then some, yet they would most probably loose a fight with Charles, because, though he "only" got one power, he is much better in using this single ability then the others are.
Same counts for Magneto and Crystal. She might be more versatile, but he is certainly better at what he does than she is ... and what he does is quite deadly.

Blair Wind
She can control all her powers on a molecular level no expression

She is no slouch in anything.

golem370
Anything she throws at him would be stoped by his force field. Also he could literally drop a 400 tons jetliner if it was flying by. Magneto lifted a barge weighting 40,000 tons

llagrok
Magneto.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by golem370
Anything she throws at him would be stoped by his force field. Also he could literally drop a 400 tons jetliner if it was flying by. Magneto lifted a barge weighting 40,000 tons

She can attack from inside his body erm

Oxygen gets blown up in his lungs, she rips the water from his body, ect.....there are a crazy amount of ways for her to win.

golem370
She couldn't do that with his Force Field up. Or could she?

Acrosurge

Oxygen gets blown up in his lungs, she rips the water from his body, ect.....there are a crazy amount of ways for her to win. Doesn't this swing both ways? What if Mags pulls the old iron in blood trick?

I've never thought of Crystal as being on Storm's level of control/power, let alone Magneto's level. Does she have feats that outclass Magneto's?

grey fox
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Doesn't this swing both ways? What if Mags pulls the old iron in blood trick?

I've never thought of Crystal as being on Storm's level of control/power, let alone Magneto's level. Does she have feats that outclass Magneto's?

Magneto actually needs to concentrate for that , it's not a simple as putting up a forcefield.

Blair Wind
She is not portrayed that much, so probably not, but where she is shown you can infer that she is much more....

Working both ways would not work. While magneto cannot protect non "magnetic" organs (besides like...the iron in the comic book body), Crystal can control magnetism just like he can (seriously the mistress of the "elements" gets any power they want her to have).

Crystal can work on a molecular level, and is extremely proficient in it. Case in point suddenly using this control to prevent an attack from hurting her: http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crys38hm.jpg

and yes she can....I dont have the scan but one of her more well known feats is scan where she manipulates the oxygen inside of Invisible Woman's forcefield to defeat her.

Cosmo Kramer
Magneto does more then control metal...maybe?

grey fox
Originally posted by Cosmo Kramer
Magneto does more then control metal...maybe?

Possibly. But he needs to put a lot of strain on himself to expand his abilities.

Blair Wind
(bottom of last page)
She is not portrayed that much, so probably not, but where she is shown you can infer that she is much more....

Working both ways would not work. While magneto cannot protect non "magnetic" organs (besides like...the iron in the comic book body), Crystal can control magnetism just like he can (seriously the mistress of the "elements" gets any power they want her to have).

Crystal can work on a molecular level, and is extremely proficient in it. Case in point suddenly using this control to prevent an attack from hurting her: http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crys38hm.jpg

and yes she can....I dont have the scan but one of her more well known feats is scan where she manipulates the oxygen inside of Invisible Woman's forcefield to defeat her.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by grey fox
Magneto actually needs to concentrate for that , it's not a simple as putting up a forcefield. Doesn't take that much concentration. He pulled this trick on the Avengers, including She Hulk and Ms. Marvel, while simultaneously shutting down IM's armor and repositioning orbital satellites during Dark Seduction #4.

I'm not saying this is how he could pull an easy win, just that Magneto doesn't seem to strain while multitasking and getting fancy with his powers.

wannabe
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Doesn't take that much concentration. He pulled this trick on the Avengers, including She Hulk and Ms. Marvel, while simultaneously shutting down IM's armor and repositioning orbital satellites during Dark Seduction #4.

I'm not saying this is how he could pull an easy win, just that Magneto doesn't seem to strain while multitasking and getting fancy with his powers.
Exactly!
And don't forget Polaris taking out nearly all the X-Men on her nearly wedding without any extraordinary concentration or strain with this trick ... and a multitasking, power-extrapolation feat like hers is certainly nothing special for Magneto.

Crystal can control magnetism just like he can (seriously the mistress of the "elements" gets any power they want her to have).
Perhaps, but if she's about to counter an magnetic attack from Magneto with her own magnetic abilities ... well ... if she want's to have at least a small chance of being successful with it, it will certainly take all her concentration and power ... and in the end she will probably lose nonetheless, if she plays on Eric's field of expertise.

I don't doubt that she has that ability, but i doubt that it will be enough to ultimately protect her.

batdude123
crylaugh at the idea of Crystal beating Magneto for any kind of a majority.

Pathetic.

And an extra "laughing out loud" at Blair thinking Crystal>Magneto because she can control objects a molecular level. It's a shame that Magneto's powers work on a subatomic level.

Nothing she's pulled off power-wise is even close to the stuff he does regularly.

Seriously, do people think that he can only control metal?

llagrok
Originally posted by batdude123
crylaugh at the idea of Crystal beating Magneto for any kind of a majority.

Pathetic.

And an extra "laughing out loud" at Blair thinking Crystal>Magneto because she can control objects a molecular level. It's a shame that Magneto's powers work on a subatomic level.

Nothing she's pulled off power-wise is even close to the stuff he does regularly.

Seriously, do people think that he can only control metal?

Yes.

According to the majority on KMC, Magneto has three moves.

1. Lift cars
2. Protect with steel
3. Throw shrapnel

batdude123
Originally posted by llagrok
Yes.

According to the majority on KMC, Magneto has three moves.

1. Lift cars
2. Protect with steel
3. Throw shrapnel

An oversimplified version of the truth.

But truth nonetheless...

Ridiculous. no

xmarksthespot
Crystal is a poor man's Meggan. 313

Magneto is an average wage worker's Meggan. 131

=> Magneto wins.

Superherovandal
Magneto has control over the entire EM spectrum. He win.s

phillipan
(bottom of last page)

Every forcefield is different in nature. Bending light is completely different from an electromagnetic field.

Crystals good but shes not that good.

Rutog98

Oxygen gets blown up in his lungs, she rips the water from his body, ect.....there are a crazy amount of ways for her to win.

I've never seen Crystal do anything like this. Magneto beats her badly. She's not very powerful in any of the forces she controls save earth (and that's only in one issue). Magneto can fly, so that power is nullified.

Rutog98
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Crystal is a poor man's Meggan. 313

Magneto is an average wage worker's Meggan. 131

=> Magneto wins.

I disagree. While I think Meggan is stronger than Crystal, MAgneto is MUCH stronger in his area than Meggan is in any given area of her elemental manipulations.

Saad
The way I see it Magneto forces out the metal in her blood, shreds her apart, crush her between 2 cars (Or any two rocks if they were in a jungle) and use the debris to decorate his room.

Soljer
I like Blair Wind.

I like Batdude.

I like Blair Wind more, though.

However, X has a special place in my heart. X wins.

And by that, I mean Magneto wins.

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by Soljer
I like Batdude.
puke

Soljer
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
puke

Oh, Bran. I like you too. Don't get jealous.

HandOfFate
Magneto gets an easy win

batdude123
I like Blair Wind.

I like Batdude.

I like Blair Wind more, though.

However, X has a special place in my heart. X wins.

And by that, I mean Magneto wins.

Third best!!! Yay!!! woot

Jebus reborn
Oh, Bran. I like you too. Don't get jealous. Not jealous, but batdude?
Really scraping the barrel here...

Anyway, something that really holds no relevance at all...
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/9527/halbatmantw7.th.jpg
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/8409/halbatman2fo5.th.jpg

Soljer
Originally posted by batdude123
Third best!!! Yay!!! woot

laughing.

There are TONS of other posters I didn't rank. You were third out of third, which means you're third at best.

stick out tongue.

batdude123
laughing.

There are TONS of other posters I didn't rank. You were third out of third, which means you're third at best.

stick out tongue.

Jerkhead. sad

Rutog98

Storm is Mistress of the Elements, not Crystal.

Also, Crystal controls various forces, but she's really kinda weak at all of them save a few showings with control over earth. That said, her control over magnetism is far less than Magneto's. It would be foolish for her to try and fight him for control over that. Her winds are nowhere near strong enough to even make him blink (she's no Storm or Thor). He flies, so her earth power is not so hot against him. She has never demonstrated the ability to reach into somebody's body and control anything in there. Her only chance at Magneto would be to try and combust the oxygen around him and set him on fire. I'm not sure she can reach through his force-field though. Meanwhile, she has no defense at all against Magneto trying to grab the iron in her blood or hurling metal projectiles at her at great velocities.

Crystal technically should have absolutely no control over electricity or EM. Molecular control over the forces of nature does not give you that. She would need sub-atomic control. However, the issues state that she can control these things because she can control molecules. laughing out loud I guess we have to give it to her or call it PIS. I don't know.

BlueDMighty
Magneto. However she has manipulated things past forcefields. Can't think of where I saw that though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.