Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

InnerRise
This game comes out this week and the console to get it on is most definitely the Wii being that you can actually use the Wiimote as a Wand and wave it around and do the motions to call out specific spells.

Not to mention the graphics are much improved in this latest installment and you can freely roam the world without any load times and many secrets lie in wait to be discovered.

I purchased the First 2 Harry Potter Games and skipped the following 2, but I'll definitely be getting this latest one.

Anata Wa Wakarimasu Ka.....

Koala MeatPie
Ah - Now I remeber why I left.

xNIXSONx
im THINKING about getting this on the xbox 360 only cuz its a free roam style game, im not into the wii really, sure you can use it as a wand but ive seen the demonstration and the wingardium spell hand gesture is nothing like what i've seen from the first film so...

we'll see how the review is

InnerRise
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
Ah - Now I remeber why I left. Too bad you came back.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

xNIXSONx
is this worth buying or is it just another movie game thats only worth a rent?

InnerRise
Well it's authentic creation of Hogwarts is the best yet and besides the main quest there are many things to do and discover at Hogwarts and you can even go up to other students and engage them in a duel if you want.

The Main Quests could be better. They involve going and finding something and bringing it back to a specific location, but it does contain platforming that requires you to perform magic which seems to be pretty good.

This is suppose to be the best yet of all the Harry Potter games.

The way I see it is, I enjoyed the first 2, and this is supposed to be better, so I'll be getting it tomorrow.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

xNIXSONx
yeah it looks like the best Harry Potter game so far but thats not gonna say much since the other ones were meh lol i guess ill have to give it a rent, i just dont wanna spend any money on titles id regret buying.

or i could just wait for GTA IV, Mass Effect or Stranglehold lol

General G
I didn't think the graphics were veyr good, I was very disappointed.

Estacado
Harry Potter=Meh.....

xNIXSONx
yaeh im thinkin just save my money for GTA IV, Mass Effect (looks very promising), Halo 3, Stranglehold and NHL 08 or somethin

darth_royke
my gf has it, and it looked very boring to start with, but she saids its getting better as you get people in the da. it reminds me of a childs fantasy version of bully/cani canem edit.

InnerRise
What console did you people get it for?

((The_Anomaly))
I rented the Wii version. Its alright, walking around Hogwarts is cool, and the detail and art direction of the game are very well done. But its too mundane, everything you do is well...boring, not exciting. Even when you get into a duel, they arnt very well done and look pretty pathetic. The main problem I had though was the lack of camera control. If I'm exploring Hogwarts I want to be able to gaze around and take it in, but you cant and its unfortunate.

All in all it is by far the best Potter game ever made, by a large margin. I'd say its like a 7.5/10. It could have been much better then it was, but it was still pretty good.

InnerRise
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
I rented the Wii version. Its alright, walking around Hogwarts is cool, and the detail and art direction of the game are very well done. But its too mundane, everything you do is well...boring, not exciting. Even when you get into a duel, they arnt very well done and look pretty pathetic. The main problem I had though was the lack of camera control. If I'm exploring Hogwarts I want to be able to gaze around and take it in, but you cant and its unfortunate.

All in all it is by far the best Potter game ever made, by a large margin. I'd say its like a 7.5/10. It could have been much better then it was, but it was still pretty good. Did they Wii Controls add anything to the game? I'm surprised you didn't mention anything about it. Can't be a good sign.

InnerRise
I pray to god that the Console Version of this game is nothing like the PC Version b/c I've seen nothing but horrible.....terrible things about the PC Version.

Even though I've purchased this game, I have gotten around to playing it yet, so yeah.

I am hopeful, b/c I've played a bit of a previous Harry Potter PC Game and it was different from it's Console counterpart.

Not to mention that this was only Demo so yeah. I have seen, based on console version reviews, that this is the best of the Harry Potter games so I'm hopeful it's just a PC issue and the fact that it was only demo could mean a lot as well.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by InnerRise
Did they Wii Controls add anything to the game? I'm surprised you didn't mention anything about it. Can't be a good sign.

Actually yes, but only for the Winguardian Leviosa (sp?) spell where you get almost 1:1 movement over the thing you are levitating. That is pretty cool. Sadly though all the rest of the spells with the Wiimote are pretty much indifferent to button controls IMO.

InnerRise
Oh ok. Well how do the actual spells look when they're performed? Do they provide any amount of visual satisfaction if any kind of satisfaction at all?

Duels any good?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.