Tranformers Animated Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Newjak
Didn't see a thread for this so I had to do it.

The original release date: 8 August 1986

Link to it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092106/

Possible one of the best Animated if not the best animated IMO I've ever seen. It had a good story line and some very great scenes.

So let's discuss what we think of it.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Newjak
Didn't see a thread for this so I had to do it.

The original release date: 8 August 1986

Link to it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092106/

Possible one of the best Animated if not the best animated IMO I've ever seen. It had a good story line and some very great scenes.

So let's discuss what we think of it.

Agreed. I also think it's one of the best drawn animated movies, besides anything Disney made back then. When it was out, it was state of the art stuff.

As a kid I remember it being a big deal when it came out on VHS. And that last fight, wow. The ending was a bit a of a tear jerker, too.

I'm gotta get that movie again. I haven't seen it in years.

grey fox
Loved it when I was a kid and still love it now.

It has the best one liners and best 80's music.

Newjak
It really did and I now own the DVD of it.

grey fox
It really did and I now own the DVD of it.

As do I.

Not teh 20th anniversary one though. Just a cheap one from teh Tecos : sad

Newjak
Originally posted by grey fox
As do I.

Not teh 20th anniversary one though. Just a cheap one from teh Tecos : sad I have the 15th Anniversy one I think.

I want to get the 20th but only if the Extras are worth it.

Impediment
I cried when Optimus died. embarrasment

Newjak
Originally posted by Impediment
I cried when Optimus died. embarrasment So did I sad

grey fox
So did I sad

....as did I.

Impediment
Orson Welles was embarrassed to have his name on the credits as Unicron, I have been told. He said that it was a "movie about toys that change shapes" and had no idea what the Transformers were.

He had a great voice, though.

grey fox
Orson Welles was embarrassed to have his name on the credits as Unicron, I have been told. He said that it was a "movie about toys that change shapes" and had no idea what the Transformers were.

He had a great voice, though.

Very great , it's a shame he didn't do more lines.

Newjak
Probably the best Voice Acting of the entire movie

grey fox
Probably the best Voice Acting of the entire movie

I dont know....Nimoy did some DAMN good work...

Newjak
I dont know....Nimoy did some DAMN good work... Yeah he did

Ok I think Welles was first and Nimoy was definitely a close second stick out tongue

Impediment
I never understood why Welker didn't do Galvatron, as well. Not that I didnt like Nimoy's performance. Just wondering.

grey fox
I never understood why Welker didn't do Galvatron, as well. Not that I didnt like Nimoy's performance. Just wondering.

New Guy , new voice. Personally I don t know why they didn't get Nimoy to do the rest of the series.

Newjak
New Guy , new voice. Personally I don t know why they didn't get Nimoy to do the rest of the series. Probably because Nimoy didn't want to do it.

Or he may have cost too much for him to do it beyond the movie.

Scythe
This movie had it all. Great music thanks to it's metal soundtrack. Great plot twist, Optimus dies! Continuing plot twists, Starscream dies! He was killed by Galvatron?! WTF!?! It had amazing animation, and Weird Al!

xNIXSONx
i got the 20th anniversary edition haha

Scythe
Originally posted by xNIXSONx
i got the 20th anniversary edition haha

I did too, mine came with an extra dvd with the first 3 episodes og G1.

xNIXSONx
i didnt get that! it was a crazy movie though eh

Scythe
Originally posted by xNIXSONx
i didnt get that!

It came in a special two pack at Costco.

ragesRemorse
This is a rare animated movie, where the animations have not aged much. Watching this movie in HD still rivals most non cgi animations from today.

I wish more animated films would utliiza the serious tone that went into the transformers movie. I truly believe it is why it worked so well. The contrast between the cartoon series and the movie is baffling. I'm sure the impact of primes death has alot to do with this, but even the dialogue was a departure from the saturday morning cartoon world.

i'll never forget primes death though, it came out of left field, I was not expecting it all as im sure most fans werent, and the death of cemented characters like ironhide was awsome. I think the death of ironhide was better than primes. It was quick and without warning, no heros ending there, just how death works.

grey fox
Originally posted by Scythe
I did too, mine came with an extra dvd with the first 3 episodes og G1.

I have those on VHS

Scythe
I know this sounds crazy, but I really didn't beleive Starscream would die, and by all people, Galvatron! He's so gay!

The big EH
absolutely loved it, besides Beast Wars it was the very first Transformers thing i saw, definately one of my faves, and killing prime made it better because they killed a main character

Scythe
I thought so too, one of the greatest plot twists ever.

The big EH
not everyone felt the same they got death threats and angry parents, one kid locked himself in his room for 2 weeks

Scythe
Originally posted by The big EH
one kid locked himself in his room for 2 weeks

Loser!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.