Zee Germans Banned Tom Kruise!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
Scientology is not recognize as a Religion in Germany.

Shakyamunison
roll eyes (sarcastic) Oh well.

Quiero Mota
Because it isn't.

Schecter
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Because it isn't.

Shakyamunison
Because it isn't.

Why?

Symmetric Chaos
As always Germans lead the world in pragmatism.

Schecter
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Why?

why is there no real lightsabers? why can we 'use the force'?
because its only science fiction...which is what scientology is based on.
its a mockery of religion and scientology is nothing more than a cult of isolationist thugs. **** em. a pox on all their homes.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Schecter
why is there no real lightsabers? why can we 'use the force'?
because its only science fiction...which is what scientology is based on.
its a mockery of religion and scientology is nothing more than a cult of isolationist thugs. **** em. a pox on all their homes.

Does scientology believe in lightsabers and the force? confused

Schecter
Does scientology believe in lightsabers and the force? confused

do you need a roadmap?

Shakyamunison
do you need a roadmap?

No. I don't know anything about Scientology. I never really cared one way or another. I find Scientology to be no more "nutty" then Christianity. So, why isn't it considered to be a religion?

Naz
I agree with everything they said about it, but they shouldnt ban his movie because of his "religion".

Robtard
No. I don't know anything about Scientology. I never really cared one way or another. I find Scientology to be no more "nutty" then Christianity. So, why isn't it considered to be a religion?

All religions are "nutty" in the sense they all ask you to believe the implausible solely on faith; your religion is no different. But, Scientology takes it a step further, it is based on the Sci-Fi writings of L. Ron Hubbard, a science-fiction writer. There is proof of this.

Check out:

www.xenu.net

Schecter

because a science fiction writer pulled the whole story out of his ass. the bible, however possibly having similar origins, is at least debatable while this really isnt...imhfo

Fishy
Still not a good enough reason to prevent the movie from shooting in Germany. Banning people from making movies just because they are retarded is wrong, even if it's a good thing to ban Tom Cruise...

Shakyamunison
because a science fiction writer pulled the whole story out of his ass. the bible, however possibly having similar origins, is at least debatable while this really isnt...imhfo

Science fiction is really no different then mythology. I still don't see the difference. If we lived in the time of Jesus, we would probably think the same way about Christianity; and many people did. That is why they feed them to the lions. If we start persecuting Scientologists, we will only legitimize them.

Robtard
Well, you have a point; do you feel that way about every Pyramid Scheme though? That's all it really is.

They should let him shoot the movie as it has nothing to do with Scientology. That part is B.S.

This was funny though:

"We believe the film will go a long way toward reminding the world that even within the ranks of the German military, there was real resistance to the Nazi regime," - Yea right, the assassination attempt was done only after the German military knew defeat was immanent and they wanted to secure a separate peace with the West... like rats fleeing a sinking ship.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Robtard
Well, you have a point; do you feel that way about every Pyramid Scheme though? That's all it really is.

No, I don't like the Pyramid scheme. But what is better; trick people into giving you money by making them feel like they need too in order to get into heaven or... wait, it's the same on both sides. eek!

Saint Tom Kruise!

Schecter
That is why they feed them to the lions

and yet christianity thrived, despite fear of torture and death.
throw some of these elite yuppie pricks into a lion pit and lets see how long scientology lasts.

Fishy

They should let him shoot the movie as it has nothing to do with Scientology. That part is B.S.

This was funny though:

"We believe the film will go a long way toward reminding the world that even within the ranks of the German military, there was real resistance to the Nazi regime," - Yea right, the assassination attempt was done only after the German military knew defeat was immanent and they wanted to secure a separate peace with the West... like rats fleeing a sinking ship.

Well they believed he was pretty much a good the savior of all Germans, be kinda stupid to kill him before he ****ed up.

Shakyamunison

Robtard
No, I don't like the Pyramid scheme. But what is better; trick people into giving you money by making them feel like they need too in order to get into heaven or... wait, it's the same on both sides. eek!

Saint Tom Kruise!

You're clumping many facets of Christianity into one generalization. Silly.

He is very high ranking on the Pyramid scale, so he could very well be something of the sort in Scientology.

Schecter
to persecute, imho, is to exile or punish those who follow a religion. what we have here is discrimination. though its an ugly area of the human condition, in the case of scientology i just dont care. they are an evil and seedy organisation and quite frankly i hope they all die of some slow and painful flesh eating bacteria.

Shakyamunison
You're clumping many facets of Christianity into one generalization. Silly.

He is very high ranking on the Pyramid scale, so he could very well be.

It's much more fun that way. wink

Robtard
Originally posted by Fishy
Well they believed he was pretty much a good the savior of all Germans, be kinda stupid to kill him before he ****ed up.

That's the point... "real resistance", not all that much.

Robtard
It's much more fun that way. wink Huh?

Shakyamunison
Huh?

I like "clumping many facets of Christianity into one generalization".

Robtard
I like "clumping many facets of Christianity into one generalization".

Silly Buddhist.

Shakyamunison
Silly Buddhist.

laughing

Drusilla
to persecute, imho, is to exile or punish those who follow a religion. what we have here is discrimination. though its an ugly area of the human condition, in the case of scientology i just dont care. they are an evil and seedy organisation and quite frankly i hope they all die of some slow and painful flesh eating bacteria.

hysterical

You're sooo more than right!!!

Robtard
Originally posted by Drusilla
hysterical

You're sooo more than right!!!

Whenever a woman agrees with Schecter, she then must give him access to at least two of her orifices. Sorry; I don't make the rules, just enforce them... there is a silver lining though, you get to pick.

Schecter
Whenever a woman agrees with Schecter, she then must give him access to at least two of her orifices. Sorry; I don't make the rules, just enforce them... there is a silver lining though, you get to pick.

QFA

Shakyamunison

It is so rear, who would have thought that the rule would need to be enforced. confused

laughing

lil bitchiness
They banned it because it is a weird and dangerous cult, not because its imaginary and stupid.

Good riddens?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
They banned it because it is a weird and dangerous cult, not because its imaginary and stupid.

Good riddens?

How is it any more dangerous then Christianity or Islam?

lil bitchiness
How is it any more dangerous then Christianity or Islam?

Erm, how about the fact that they stole and lied to the governments of USA? (operations Snow White and Freak Out), harassment of the critics, murder of members in their care, money making from the scheme (10% of members income goes to the church), making Google and yahoo omit any websites critical of scientilogy...etc.

Just because we have psycho religions made 1000 years ago, does not mean we should start making some more. One thing we're not in shortage of
Islam is dangerous too, but since it cannot be illegal to practice, due to many factors, I don't wish to get into right now, does not mean that every psychotic religion should be allowed to equaly corrupt the country and its people.

Besides, Islam never had a grand scheme involving robbing its government.

Boris
Pity they recognise any religion at all.

Shakyamunison
Erm, how about the fact that they stole and lied to the governments of USA? (operations Snow White and Freak Out), harassment of the critics, murder of members in their care, money making from the scheme (10% of members income goes to the church), making Google and yahoo omit any websites critical of scientilogy...etc.

Just because we have psycho religions made 1000 years ago, does not mean we should start making some more. One thing we're not in shortage of
Islam is dangerous too, but since it cannot be illegal to practice, due to many factors, I don't wish to get into right now, does not mean that every psychotic religion should be allowed to equaly corrupt the country and its people.

Besides, Islam never had a grand scheme involving robbing its government.

Trying to stop Scientology directly will only make them stronger. IMO Germany stopping Tom Kruise from making a movie because he is a Scientologist, will only legitimize the religion is some people's eyes.

Last I checked, Christianity asks 10% of the income of its members too.

Storm
Over here, the minister of justice refused Scientology as a candidate for the status of recognized religion, which is described as a sect.

Furthermore, the Church of Scientology is already involved in a fraud investigation.

WrathfulDwarf
Trying to stop Scientology directly will only make them stronger. IMO Germany stopping Tom Kruise from making a movie because he is a Scientologist, will only legitimize the religion is some people's eyes.

Last I checked, Christianity asks 10% of the income of its members too.

I'm pretty split on the case here.....see, we're talking about Tom Cruise, yeah! He's friggin annoying, I'll give them that. But at the same time I just can't say what Germany is doing is okay. I mean, this is plain intolerance and rather discriminatory in their part.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I'm pretty split on the case here.....see, we're talking about Tom Cruise, yeah! He's friggin annoying, I'll give them that. But at the same time I just can't say what Germany is doing is okay. I mean, this is plain intolerance and rather discriminatory in their part.

I know what you mean.

Bardock42
I find the thread title offensive.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Bardock42

What would be a better title?

Bardock42
What would be a better title?

Germany bannes Tom Cruise

For one.

Shakyamunison
Germany bannes Tom Cruise

For one.

Why is that better?

Bardock42
Why is that better? Less offensive stereotyping of Germans and Cruise's name spelt correctly.

Shakyamunison
Less offensive stereotyping of Germans and Cruise's name spelt correctly.

Why is saying "Germans Banned Tom Cruise" offensive stereotyping of Germans?

Schecter

same here. i find any mention of germans to be offensive

Bardock42
Why is saying "Germans Banned Tom Cruise" offensive stereotyping of Germans? ...it isn't.

Shakyamunison
...it isn't.

Then I must have misunderstood you.

WrathfulDwarf

Provide another title suggestion and I'll change it.

I assure you, it wasn't done intentional to offend you.

Bardock42

I did

But it was a joke anyways...

Then I must have misunderstood you. Clearly. But don't be too hard on yourself. Reading is pretty hard.

lil bitchiness

Good ol' Political Correctness and fear of offending....I love you WD, but you need to start being a bastard. Being nice just doesn't cut it.

Shakyamunison
I did

But it was a joke anyways...

Clearly. But don't be too hard on yourself. Reading is pretty hard.

I don't give a shit.

Bardock42
Good ol' Political Correctness and fear of offending....I love you WD, but you need to start being a bastard. Being nice just doesn't cut it.

He...hehe....

I don't give a shit.

Good job.

Member.
lmao, Shakyamunison doesn't understand nething, dun worry about him.

neways, yea. this is just the start. in a few millenia, scientology will become the next big religion in the world.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Member.
lmao, Shakyamunison doesn't understand nething, dun worry about him.

neways, yea. this is just the start. in a few millenia, scientology will become the next big religion in the world.

What do I not understand?

Member.
that pokemon isn't real! jesus christ -.-a

Bardock42
What do I not understand? That, though I said it in jest, I certainly did not say that "Germans Banned Tom Cruise" is offensive stereotyping, but that "Zee Germans Banned Tom Kruise!" is....which would have been clear to you had you read what I said.

Though I give you the benefit of doubt, I guess you read what I said....you just were unable to comprehend it.

Boris
He just put a German accent spin on it.. haha.

I found it quite amusing.

Bardock42
The German people do not in any way speak like this and we find this stereotyping to be racist against our proud country. We will not tolerate it.

Boris

Shakyamunison
That, though I said it in jest, I certainly did not say that "Germans Banned Tom Cruise" is offensive stereotyping, but that "Zee Germans Banned Tom Kruise!" is....which would have been clear to you had you read what I said.

Though I give you the benefit of doubt, I guess you read what I said....you just were unable to comprehend it.

To be honest, I thought "Zee" was a typo and ignored it all together.

backdoorman
You thought the thread stared meant to type "the" but by accident ended up typing "zee"?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by backdoorman
You thought the thread stared meant to type "the" but by accident ended up typing "zee"?

I have seen worse. wink ... I've done worse. embarrasment laughing

backdoorman
Yeah but "zee" is often used as a satirical way of making fun of German mispronunciation of the word "the". That and the fact that the thread is about Germany should be enough to eliminate any doubt that it was unintentional.

Shakyamunison
Yeah but "zee" is often used as a satirical way of making fun of German mispronunciation of the word "the". That and the fact that the thread is about Germany should be enough to eliminate any doubt that it was unintentional.

"Zee" doesn't mean anything to me. "Der" would be more correct.

backdoorman
I have yet to meet a German who pronounces the word "the" as "der". Dunno what kind of Germans you meet though ...

WrathfulDwarf

I can only be nice to you. angel

Shakyamunison
I have yet to meet a German who pronounces the word "the" as "der". Dunno what kind of Germans you meet though ...

I work for a German company and I have to translate drawings. "Der" is the word for "the" on any of the drawings I get. I don't speak German, however, so I would not know.

Drusilla
I met a lot of German people and I can speak a little German, but I never heard them pronounce it "zee". I only heard the French do it so, even my French teacher. I thought only they do it. confused

Drusilla
Der/die/das are the words for 'the'. Masculine, feminine, and 'sexless'. You have to learn every word with the right 'the'. Like,
der Wein = the wine
die Zeitung = the newspaper
das Gesetz = the law

I stop being a smart-ass, I'm sure there are German guys here who can explain it better. stick out tongue

Bardock42
"Zee" doesn't mean anything to me. "Der" would be more correct.

The German language does not have a "th" sound. That's why it is hard to pronounce for Germans and is often pronounces as "s" or "z".

Shakyamunison
Der/die/das are the words for 'the'. Masculine, feminine, and 'sexless'. You have to learn every word with the right 'the'. Like,
der Wein = the wine
das Gesetz = the law

I stop being a smart-ass, I'm sure there are German guys here who can explain it better. stick out tongue

Interesting, all my drawings have the Masculine form. I wonder if that is a sexist undertone.

Devil King
Tom Kruise is the guy who invented the hover round or the rascal 2000 or what ever.

I don't know if it's his real name, but it's awfully convenient if it is.

backdoorman
I work for a German company and I have to translate drawings. "Der" is the word for "the" on any of the drawings I get. I don't speak German, however, so I would not know. Originally posted by Drusilla
I met a lot of German people and I can speak a little German, but I never heard them pronounce it "zee". I only heard the French do it so, even my French teacher. I thought only they do it. confused
It's a stereotype for shit's sake.

der Wein = the wine
das Gesetz = the law

And you felt compelled to share this with us why?

Drusilla
As I saw, it was related to the discussion going on. Sorry if I was wrong. sad

Shakyamunison
As I saw, it was related to the discussion going on. Sorry if I was wrong. sad
You were fine and quite helpful, thanks.

lil bitchiness
Ok, but the topic does not actually have anything to do with the German grammar.

No more Scientology in Germany. Oh what a sad day for humanity.

Shakyamunison
Ok, but the topic does not actually have anything to do with the German grammar.

No more Scientology in Germany. Oh what a sad day for humanity.

You Scientologist hater. laughing out loud

A Dose Of Vraya
All religions are "nutty" in the sense they all ask you to believe the implausible solely on faith; your religion is no different. But, Scientology takes it a step further, it is based on the Sci-Fi writings of L. Ron Hubbard, a science-fiction writer. There is proof of this.

Check out:

www.xenu.net hmmm, that sounds a lot like the writings of multiple apostles with the bible.
That also sounds like the writings of the buddha.

I am not saying that I believe in scientology but it is as realistic as any other religion. It's just the new guy so people don't accept it yet. As a matter of fact most new religions were not accepted when they were first created. scientology is no different, we just make fun of them in the media. In the old days, people didn't have media so they nailed the creators to crosses.

debbiejo
Germans have cute clothes and little pointy hats happy

lil bitchiness
You Scientologist hater. laughing out loud

Scientologophobe, get it right stick out tongue

Shakyamunison
Scientologophobe, get it right stick out tongue

roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

Alliance
Because it isn't.

Neither is Christianity.

Originally posted by debbiejo
Germans have cute clothes and little pointy hats happy

those are Bavarians, who are not real Germans.

lord xyz

Check out:

www.xenu.net Proof it was made up. That's what makes it different to every other religion.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Alliance
Neither is Christianity.

You're an idiot. When I saw that comment, I thought to myself "That's too stupid to warrant a reply" but I couldn't resist...

Boris
Krazy Kats.

The Grey Fox
Scientology is not recognize as a Religion in Germany.

Good, Scientology isn't a religion it's a cult, and a bad one at that. I'd ban all members from every country if I could.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.