Optimus Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Newjak
Why because it had to be done.

He is my all time Favorite Transformer and definitely in my top 5 favorite characters of all time.

So this a thread to discuss and talk about all things Prime.

From his various incarnations from G1 to Beast Wars to the movie version once he comes out.

Heck if you even want to talk bad about him just talk about him.

http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/3379/1080981509sktopprimeiw5.jpg

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/2884/csoptimusprimely6.jpg

Violent2Dope
You wanna know sumthin about Prime? He would get WTFPWNED by Unicron!

Impediment
No shit, Sherlock. 131

Newjak
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
You wanna know sumthin about Prime? He would get WTFPWNED by Unicron! What about the Matrix stick out tongue

Scythe
War Within Optimus had to be one of the greatest Optimus incarnations ever! His rugged look fit him quite well.

One of the gayest, probably has to be his current Energon incarnation. He's a fire truck...that can fly...

grey fox
Optimus should NEVER be a fire-truck. I will throat-punch te next person to say so god-help me !

Newjak
Originally posted by grey fox
Optimus should NEVER be a fire-truck. I will throat-punch te next person to say so god-help me ! I hated the Fire Truck Look.

Optimus is a big rig nothing else dang it.

Scythe
Yeah, the fire truck with stealth wings that enabled him to fly at mach 5 in truck form. Ha!

Violent2Dope
Optimus was good as a fire truck.

~The fire truck loving V2D

Impediment
Optimus will always, and forever, be a Big Rig Semi. yes

xNIXSONx
true dat

Violent2Dope
Nope, he's a fire truck.

~The semi hating V2D

Darth Macabre
I actually liked the Armada Optimus the best.

grey fox
Nope, he's a fire truck.

~The semi hating V2D

*Throat Punch*

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by grey fox
*Throat Punch* *Grabs shoulder to block punch while I knee him in the gonads.*

Newjak
Ok then so let's get back on Topic despite the Big Rig Fire Truck debate.

What is it you like or dislike about good old Optimus.

Scythe
I was really diggin' his energy axe, thought that was so cool.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Scythe
I was really diggin' his energy axe, thought that was so cool.
I'm glad they're incorporating it into the new movie.

stickman618
optimus prime is awesome!!!

http://www.radioactivestudios.com/TFormers/compair.jpg

Newjak

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Newjak
They are man I can not wait to see that.

Optimus Prime is probably the only hero I was always rooting for to win against the bad guys.
he's a blurry picture of it. Though it looks more like a blade now than an axe, it's still cool.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/60/Optimusprime-movieenergyaxe.jpg

Scythe
Sweet! Yeah I saw that he's gonna have some sort of lava blade. It's in the game too!

xNIXSONx

Menetnashté
Originally posted by xNIXSONx
its one of those g1 things wink
what? His Axe?

xNIXSONx
yeah lol energy axe w/e its called

Scythe
Optimus had a pet camera rover too!

Menetnashté
Optimus had a pet camera rover too!
Ah yes, I think it was Roller right?

Scythe

nimbus006
Ok so Prime was a badass in the movie, and is definately my favorite even though i seriously loved them all.

Question: Is Megatron suppose to be stronger than him?

Menetnashté
Originally posted by nimbus006
Ok so Prime was a badass in the movie, and is definately my favorite even though i seriously loved them all.

I think so, it never really said though. But Decepticons are warriors and Autobots are peaceful.

Scythe
Peaceful Autobots? Even though Ironhide has enough ammunition to level an entire city block? That didn't make sense.

xNIXSONx
just because he can destroy an entire city block, doesnt mean he will, an autobots weapons are used for self defense and last resort.

super pr*xy
Originally posted by nimbus006

he just cheats a lot...

Scythe
just because he can destroy an entire city block, doesnt mean he will, an autobots weapons are used for self defense and last resort.

Yeah I know, which always made Optimus the ultimate leader and opponent. He was always patient and had a strong base to parry Megatron's attacks.

xNIXSONx
what i found really shocking was (with little spoiler) how victory was achieved during the BoneCrusher battle

Scythe
what i found really shocking was (with little spoiler) how victory was achieved during the BoneCrusher battle

Couldn't converse with you here on this, I haven't watched the movie yet, but please use the Spoiler thread if this conversation will contain any spoilers.

xNIXSONx
alright ^ i just tried to be very vague, and not state the outcome

KingDubya
Optimus was awesome in the movie. I can't say much about his other reincarnations, as I've only seen Beast Wars, really, but I remember he was pretty cool then.

To support how awesome he is, when I was watching the movie earlier today, everyone in the theater started applauding when Optimus appeared. big grin

Scythe
alright ^ i just tried to be very vague, and not state the outcome

No worries.

Originally posted by KingDubya
Optimus was awesome in the movie. I can't say much about his other reincarnations, as I've only seen Beast Wars, really, but I remember he was pretty cool then.

To support how awesome he is, when I was watching the movie earlier today, everyone in the theater started applauding when Optimus appeared. big grin

Nice.

super pr*xy

my jaw dropped farther down after seeing that... but that was easily one of the most unforgettable scene in the movie.

Originally posted by KingDubya

i got all teary eyed when that autobot insignia came closer to the screen and he started his transforming thing... i started clapping. i dunno if anybody else followed siut, but as for me... i just couldn't help it. everybody applauded at the end though...

ragesRemorse
I think the incarnation of Prime in the comic line of transformers vs gi Joe was the Best. Jae Lee's coloring is superb, not only did the comic have a nice story line, but it was also some of the ebst art work i had seen in a while I believe the two series were gi joe vs transformers III, and dream wave

ragesRemorse
this is my favorite pic of megatron and prime about to do battle though

Scythe
Wow, that pic looks so realistic.

I never understood the plot of G.I. Joe and TF, how did the two worlds come together? And why?

The big EH
You wanna know sumthin about Prime? He would get WTFPWNED by Unicron! WTF Megs kicked his ass

Scythe
Megs is such a funny name.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
this is my favorite pic of megatron and prime about to do battle though That is awesome. I like the spaghetti western feel.

roughrider
I liked his second design a bit - Powermaster series - because he combined with his trailer (that trailer always had to bugger off somewhere, then come back when he transformed); more practical. That's why I loved Ultra Magnus' design, combining with his tralier like that.
I certainly love how he looks in the movie, too. They all look great; I just had to get used to the new versions. Megatron was pretty fearsome and strong, but he was coming off a very long rest in cold storage.

Scythe
I never understood the plot of G.I. Joe and TF, how did the two worlds come together? And why?

Still confused about this.

roughrider
Still confused about this.

Marvel was publishing both series; Hasbro owned both lines. It was easier to do than the average DC/Marvel crossover. Afterwards, it was never acknowledged to have happened. Marvel found it easier to have the Transformers in their own universe, after a few Marvel characters appeared in the first miniseries (Nick Fury, Spider Man.)

Scythe
Wait, so Spider-Man once appeared in the same comic alongside Optimus Prime?

maxman1180
Originally posted by Newjak
They are man I can not wait to see that.

Optimus Prime is probably the only hero I was always rooting for to win against the bad guys.

+1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.