Official Beast Wars Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scythe
Crash landing on earth, the cybertronian life-forms scanned nearby animals to become the heroic Maximals and the vile Predicons.

I enjoyed watchin' these as a kid, not to mention collecting the huge line of animal inspired Maximals.

I never really dug Optimus Primal's gorilla look, but the series had it's fair share of fans.

Discuss all things Transmetal and Beast Wats here.

grey fox
They were tiny sad

Newjak
I liked Beast Wars

Probably the best of the rest.

My favorites had to be Dinobot and Rampage and Waspinator.

Scythe
Originally posted by grey fox
They were tiny sad

What do you mean?

Newjak
Oh and my favorite show was when Optimus Primal went bad and tore through the Decepticons

xNIXSONx
i dunno who my fave beastie is lol DEPTH-CHARGE

Newjak
Originally posted by xNIXSONx
i dunno who my fave beastie is lol DEPTH-CHARGE He was a good one

The Overmaster
Originally posted by Newjak
I liked Beast Wars

Probably the best of the rest.

My favorites had to be Dinobot and Rampage and Waspinator.

Couldnt agree more, however, Dinobot II was also cool. As was Transmutate, if only because it really gave Rampage's character more depth.

BlaxicanHydra
Buzzbinator and Megatron with the whole "T-Rex with jet packs" thing was awsome. Depth Charge was cool, and so were those two arachnid bots, I remember one was a girl and the other was like a mad scientist dude.

I grew up watching this.

grey fox
Originally posted by Scythe
What do you mean?

In a season finale they discover the Ark and their Autobot/Decepticon ancestors and their f*cking tiny comparitively.

Newjak
Originally posted by The Overmaster
Couldnt agree more, however, Dinobot II was also cool. As was Transmutate, if only because it really gave Rampage's character more depth. Dinobot as a whole was awesome stick out tongue

Scythe
Originally posted by grey fox
In a season finale they discover the Ark and their Autobot/Decepticon ancestors and their f*cking tiny comparitively.

Seriously?!

xNIXSONx
i made this Beast Wars movie cast!!

upsidedown flip
OMG!, I use to love watching this show in the morning before I went to school when I was little.

Newjak
Another awesome character was Inferno

Prince Nauj
Megatron is my always favorite one. Inferno and Waspinator were great also.

Anywho does anyone know when there gonna release these series in dvd packages cause seriously I want them. I grew up watching these series. They kick ass.

xNIXSONx
i can do a hell of a good Transmutate impersonation haha. remembering beasties was awesome, the showdown was awesome: optimus, cheetor, ratrap, dinobot and whatnot vs megatron, quickstrike, and them with the wild west music goin on hahaa

Scythe
Originally posted by Prince Nauj
Anywho does anyone know when there gonna release these series in dvd packages cause seriously I want them. I grew up watching these series. They kick ass.

A box set is already out, I saw it at FYE.

Mairuzu
So were some of them their own character? Like of course Optimus primal is optimus prime (duh) but cheetor is pretty much bumble-bee eh?

and the Rhino = Ironhide?
Rattrap = Jazz?

or are they just their own being...

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Mairuzu
So were some of them their own character? Like of course Optimus primal is optimus prime (duh) but cheetor is pretty much bumble-bee eh?

Rattrap = Jazz?

id say ratchet was rhinox, he had the skills of a medic, w/ reppairing the base n stuff, but he did have powerful fire arms too

cheetor = hot rod
terrorsaur = starscream

InnerRise
Now these are the Transformers I was introduced first.

I had no idea that the Vehicle Transformers were introduced first and were the originals.

I much prefer the Animals. I'm not familiar with the vehicles.

My favorite was and still is Cheetah.

Now I remember only watching Beast Wars as the CG Episodes. Those were the only ones right? There weren't any old old animated ones like the Original Autobots were there?

Anyway, I loved it when they made it to Cybertron from their planet and got the upgrade and looked so good and I loved the Spider as well.

I miss it.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by InnerRise
Now these are the Transformers I was introduced first.

I had no idea that the Vehicle Transformers were introduced first and were the originals.

I much prefer the Animals. I'm not familiar with the vehicles.

My favorite was and still is Cheetah.

Now I remember only watching Beast Wars as the CG Episodes. Those were the only ones right? There weren't any old old animated ones like the Original Automobiles were they?

Anyway, I loved it when they made it to Cybertron from their planet and got the upgrade and looked so good and I loved the Spider as well.

I miss it.

same here born 89, but i somehow found out about the original and the Robots in Disguise series helped me out a bit haha.

the Beast Machines series wasnt all that great, it was just like Rattrap, Cheetor, Optimus Black-Arachnia and that gay NightScream fellow, a plant creature and that dragon type thing that turned out to be Silverbolt, vs a pack of drones, tank, cycle and jetscream...not too much variation for the baddies...

InnerRise
Yeah, there weren't many. But then again. I'm not all that aware of the variation in bad guys in the Original, so I'm not really aware of how much less variety the Beasts had.

But yeah. I also liked how once they got to the planet and some good guys memories got wiped and they had new transformation forms and became bad guys and gradually remembered who they use to be and all that jazz. I liked the dynamic of it all.

Mairuzu
Grimlock was the Raptor woot woot Dinobot

draxx_tOfU
Transmetal 1 Optimus Primal to me, was the coolest...

too bad it was his shortest version in BW...

Newjak
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
Transmetal 1 Optimus Primal to me, was the coolest...

too bad it was his shortest version in BW... I like Transmetal Dinobot better.

draxx_tOfU
I like Transmetal Dinobot better.

erm, he's okay...

stick out tongue

Scythe
The Rat with wheels was great.

Newjak
The Rat with wheels was great. The Rat was just great period stick out tongue

grey fox
Seriously?!

Yes

Tattoo
Now I remember only watching Beast Wars as the CG Episodes. Those were the only ones right? There weren't any old old animated ones like the Original Autobots were there?

Beast Wars season 1 had 23 episodes, but season 2 had 13, which doesn't warrant a viewing in Japan, so while Japan was waiting for season 3 to combine with season 2 and air it at once, they had 2 variations of traditional cell animation series of Beast Wars. I've never seen them personally. Probably because I don't speak Japanese. blink

Scythe
The Rat was just great period stick out tongue

What was his name?

xNIXSONx
^ Rattrap or somethin

Shadow_King
ok just to clarify this, in beast wars they went back in time??

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I would love to see some of Beast War Transformers in the next movie.

Newjak
^ Rattrap or somethin Yes that was his name I think

Originally posted by Shadow_King
ok just to clarify this, in beast wars they went back in time?? Yes they did

xNIXSONx
yep his name is Rattrap just wikisearched it

InnerRise
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
I would love to see some of Beast War Transformers in the next movie. Definitely. I would have much preferred them to be the main focus of this first movie, rather than the Autobots.

Newjak
Definitely. I would have much preferred them to be the main focus of this first movie, rather than the Autobots.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... This was a good show. The CGI aspect of it was pretty radical at the time.

King Kandy
Am I the only one who likes Tarantulas the best? He rocked.

Newjak
Originally posted by King Kandy
Am I the only one who likes Tarantulas the best? He rocked. I liked him definitly in my top 5
Which goes like this:
1) Dinobot
2) Rampage
3) Inferno
4) Tarantulas
5) Optimus Primal.

yungz22
silver bolt was cool

Rufus T Firefly
I grew up on this show, favorite was always Tigatron, and I'm thinking about making a sig of him soom

xNIXSONx
lol too bad tigatron and his gal Airazor got pwned on that floating island...

Rufus T Firefly
tigatron, to tigerhawk, to transmetal Tigatron...I still have my Tigatron figure, I need the transmetal Tigatron and Tigerhawks...

Marxman
id say ratchet was rhinox, he had the skills of a medic, w/ reppairing the base n stuff, but he did have powerful fire arms too

cheetor = hot rod
terrorsaur = starscream No, no. Starscream wasn't a regular character of the Predicons. He showed up one time and he was still a jet plane of some kind and he whooped on everybody. Even Megatron for a minute.

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Marxman
No, no. Starscream wasn't a regular character of the Predicons. He showed up one time and he was still a jet plane of some kind and he whooped on everybody. Even Megatron for a minute.

i was sayin the Terrorsaur character is loosely based on Starscream, because i clearly remember and wikipedied this, Terrorsaur got jacked on energon crystals in the mountains and came back and whooped megatron and i THINK tried to launch of full assault on the Maximals base

Rufus T Firefly
i was sayin the Terrorsaur character is loosely based on Starscream, because i clearly remember and wikipedied this, Terrorsaur got jacked on energon crystals in the mountains and came back and whooped megatron and i THINK tried to launch of full assault on the Maximals base

The only time I recall Starscream being on Beast Wars is when he took over Waspinator...Terrorsaur was jealous of this

Marxman
Here's what happened.

King Kandy
lol too bad tigatron and his gal Airazor got pwned on that floating island...
lol to bad they ended up being the most powerful character in the series...

Scythe
Damn, I don't remember any of the original Transformers ever being in Beast Wars.

The Unknown
Originally posted by Mairuzu

Rattrap = Jazz?

From what I understand, the Maximals are completely separate beings, with no relation to the Autobots. Same with the Predacons and Decepticons.

Scythe
They were seperate beings, but they existed after Beast Wars.

Scythe
What I never understood was that if Beast Wars took place at the dawn of man, and man was still in caveman form. Why were there current age animals instead of prehistoric formed Cheetahs and so forth?

Newjak
Damn, I don't remember any of the original Transformers ever being in Beast Wars. They also had one guy I can not remember his name. He had a Black Lion head though.

They said he used to be a Decepticon but now worked for the Maximals as a bounty hunter. But Megatron talks him back into becoming a bad guy and turns on the Maximals. He had a huge spaceship.

But yeah Optimus Prime is shown in the show although he is in statis.

Scythe
They also had one guy I can not remember his name. He had a Black Lion head though.

They said he used to be a Decepticon but now worked for the Maximals as a bounty hunter. But Megatron talks him back into becoming a bad guy and turns on the Maximals. He had a huge spaceship.

But yeah Optimus Prime is shown in the show although he is in statis.

Ravage.

Newjak
Ravage. Yeah I think that was his name although I'm not to sure. Are you sure that was his name?

Scythe
Yeah I think that was his name although I'm not to sure. Are you sure that was his name?

Yes, he used to be one of Soundwave's cassettes.

Newjak
Yes, he used to be one of Soundwave's cassettes. Yes your right. So Soundwave's Tape Ravage also makes an appearance.

Scythe
Yes your right. So Soundwave's Tape Ravage also makes an appearance.

Yes, I thought that was kinda cool.

Newjak
Yes, I thought that was kinda cool. yeah what was really funny though is that he handed the Maximals the behinds. So imagine what Soundwave would have done.

Marxman
Damn, I don't remember any of the original Transformers ever being in Beast Wars. Well, technically, none of them were. These were like the next generation, if I remember correctly, that were like the original ones just so fans of the original series would be able to connect with the characters they connected with before. These "next generation" Transformers went back in time and the Beast Wars began.

Mairuzu
But pretty much semi based off most autobots and deceptacons

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by The Unknown
From what I understand, the Maximals are completely separate beings, with no relation to the Autobots. Same with the Predacons and Decepticons.

(i think) he and i were saying that the characters from Beast Wars are loosely based on some of the characters from the Autobots and Decepticons.

Mairuzu
(i think) he and i were saying that the characters from Beast Wars are loosely based on some of the characters from the Autobots and Decepticons.

yup yup yup

Scythe
Just rented the entire Beast Wars saga from Netflix, let me check it out.

bloodoverme
Definitely. I would have much preferred them to be the main focus of this first movie, rather than the Autobots.

the movie was made for the fans of the original generation (my generation, lol). it wouldn't have been mush of a success if they made one about beast wars. beastwars never had the same "following" as the original cartoon series. and what made the original different from being a kiddie movie was the interaction of the transformers with humans, which you wouldn't see in beastwars. transformers was about robots in disguise, not robots transforming into another robotic form. also what made it so great was the anticipation, 20 yrs worth. wait another ten and maybe they'd make one about the beast wars.

InnerRise
Originally posted by bloodoverme
the movie was made for the fans of the original generation (my generation, lol). it wouldn't have been mush of a success if they made one about beast wars. beastwars never had the same "following" as the original cartoon series. and what made the original different from being a kiddie movie was the interaction of the transformers with humans, which you wouldn't see in beastwars. transformers was about robots in disguise, not robots transforming into another robotic form. also what made it so great was the anticipation, 20 yrs worth. wait another ten and maybe they'd make one about the beast wars. Beast Wars were about Robots transforming into Animals. You can say a robotic form if you'd like and if so then you'd have to say the same about the Autobots. They transformed into vehicles, which would also be called robotic forms b/c they're still robots.

Let's hope they do b/c I know next to nothing of the history of the Autobots and would very much prefer a movie about the Beast Wars Generation. Maybe they could spin it and have them come to earth, although I'd rather they have them on their home planet and then show how they got to that Robotic City (Can't remember the name) and then got their new forms and upgrades and how some lost their memory and became evil and good and the such.

Scythe
Ah yeah, if they had maximals and predacons in the next TF flick, that would be cool.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.