Planet Devourer Battle! Unicron Vs. Galactus!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scythe
My money is on Unicron! If all else fails Unicron could transform at the final moment to fire his energon waves into Galactus' planet draining technology thus leaving him a sitting duck.

Impediment
Nah.

Galactus wields the Power Cosmic. Unicron is just a gigantic robaot.

Galactus'd make Unicron in to a volleyball and spike his ass out of the galaxy.

Violent2Dope
Galactus wins, he's almost omnipotent.

Menetnashté
Yeah Galactus would just blow Unicron away, he has too much energy to be defeated by a giant robot.

grey fox
Have to go with Galactus, he doesn't NEED his machinery to eat a planet. He just does so to 'make it more efficent'.

Impediment
Told ya so. ninja

Scythe
Seriously?! Even though Unicron's self-destruct system goes off you mean to tell me it won't blow Galactus to chunks?

Galactus was ripped to shreds by the Marvel Zombies! How can he beat out a mechanoid planet?

Violent2Dope
Is Marvel Zombies canon?

Scythe
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Is Marvel Zombies canon?

What?

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Scythe
What? Canon means is it relevant to the actual Marvel storyline. Did it actually happen?

grey fox
Marvel Zombies happened in a separate universe (2149 I believe) , usually we take each separate universe as non-canon on the main storyline.

usually Galactus is represented by a 'M-Body' ( kinda like a mental projection) in Marvel Zombies case however he was a flesh and blood being.

Impediment
^^

Galactus was used as a catalyst in Marvel Zombies to give the zombies The Power Cosmic after they ate him, hence letting the zombies roam the Universe as the new "Devouerers of Worlds".

If it were the 616 Universe, Galactus'd kill every last one of the zombies with his left butt-cheek.

stickman618
Galactus could eat Unicron when he's in planet form

grey fox
Originally posted by stickman618
Galactus could eat Unicron when he's in planet form

Doubt it

Newjak
Comic Unicron wins

Every other one dies tho.

Scythe
Originally posted by Newjak
Comic Unicron wins

I agree.

Menetnashté
I just saw this same exact thread on gamespot...eerie...

Scythe

Newjak
Originally posted by Scythe
Someone's copying my awesomeness then. I guess so stick out tongue

Violent2Dope
Galactus kills any version of Unicron. And if this is a fully satiated Galactus, who's power can rival Eternity, then you better believe Galactus would easily pwn Unicron.

Darth Macabre
Comic Unicron wins Agreed.

Newjak
Comic Unicron was a beast

Violent2Dope
What the hell did comic Unicron do to put him in Galactus' league?

Newjak
What the hell did comic Unicron do to put him in Galactus' league? He ate/destroyed an entire Universe no expression

Violent2Dope
He ate/destroyed an entire Universe no expression In one move or over a period of time?

Impediment
Unicron ate mechanized planets/colonies only. He didn't eat actual planets like Earth.

Impediment
Galactus kills any version of Unicron. And if this is a fully satiated Galactus, who's power can rival Eternity, then you better believe Galactus would easily pwn Unicron.

Galactus is nowhere near the level of Eternity, who is, in fact, the living embodiment of the universe.

The only being(s) who rivals Eternity would be the Living Tribunal, and, maybe, the weilder of the Infinity Gauntlet.

Tenebrous
Originally posted by Impediment
Galactus is nowhere near the level of Eternity, who is, in fact, the living embodiment of the universe.

The only being(s) who rivals Eternity would be the Living Tribunal, and, maybe, the weilder of the Infinity Gauntlet.

That's incorrect. The watcher has stated that at full power, Galactus would have the power to destroy the universe 10x over.

By your comment, perhaps you forget that Galactus is the result of the union between the mortal Galan of Taa and the Eternity of the previous universe. That already puts him in to be near Eternity's league as Galactus is, in essence, a remnant of current Eternity's predecessor.

Now if we factor in the Ultimate Nullifier, shown to be an aspect of Galactus, Galactus can kill Eternity and Multi-Eternity if he were so-inclined. By Galactus' very nature he would never do this though.

But to say Galactus is not in Eternity's league is inaccurate at best.

Violent2Dope
Galactus is in Eternity's league only when fully satiated. And the Living Tribunal is beyond Eternity.

Impediment
Originally posted by Tenebrous
That's incorrect. The watcher has stated that at full power, Galactus would have the power to destroy the universe 10x over.

By your comment, perhaps you forget that Galactus is the result of the union between the mortal Galan of Taa and the Eternity of the previous universe. That already puts him in to be near Eternity's league as Galactus is, in essence, a remnant of current Eternity's predecessor.

Now if we factor in the Ultimate Nullifier, shown to be an aspect of Galactus, Galactus can kill Eternity and Multi-Eternity if he were so-inclined. By Galactus' very nature he would never do this though.

But to say Galactus is not in Eternity's league is inaccurate at best.

hmm

Well said, sir.

Scythe
You've all lost me...

ragesRemorse
As awsome as unircron is he does not have the power cosmic. Not much more to be said actually

ragesRemorse
Comic Unicron wins

Whic series was unicron in?

Scythe
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Whic series was unicron in?

I'm also confused by this.

stickman618
Galactus is a universal entity, without definite shape or size

he would easily kill Unicron...

unless Unicron has special powers that i don't know about

Newjak
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Whic series was unicron in? He's been in various comic books but the original comic books the G1 comic books had Unicron basically devour all of creation. Only a burp from him allowed another creation to come about.

Unicron was a bad dude in the comics. His battle with Primus swept across planes of existence from material to astral.

The Unicron that destroyed everything there is wins because he wasn't a simple robot but a dark god capable of destroying everything.

Scythe
He's been in various comic books but the original comic books the G1 comic books had Unicron basically devour all of creation. Only a burp from him allowed another creation to come about.

Unicron was a bad dude in the comics. His battle with Primus swept across planes of existence from material to astral.

The Unicron that destroyed everything there is wins because he wasn't a simple robot but a dark god capable of destroying everything.

Yeah, that's the Unicron I envisioned battling Galactus.

Tenebrous
He's been in various comic books but the original comic books the G1 comic books had Unicron basically devour all of creation. Only a burp from him allowed another creation to come about.

Well to clarify Unicron consumed all creation, then entered into hibernation. There were fragments of the universe that he didn't devour entirely, which allowed for a new universe to begin, then unicron woke again...so not really a burp, as you say....

Additionally, Galactus has also consumed (or was in the process of consuming) an entire universe in the black celestial saga. Reed Richards (Mr. Fantastic) also postulated that all the energy in the history of the universe would not be sufficient to sate Galactus' hunger. Now if you really take in what that statement means...that's pretty diesel.

I respect comic Unicron but it's not so clear cut in comic unicron's favor...I don't know how many people on this TF board really know the true nature of Galactus and what he's capable of. He's as much as a large man in a purple helmet as comic unicron is a big robot (meaning, there's much more than meets the eye)

ha.

Scythe
Well to clarify Unicron consumed all creation, then entered into hibernation. There were fragments of the universe that he didn't devour entirely, which allowed for a new universe to begin, then unicron woke again...so not really a burp, as you say....

Additionally, Galactus has also consumed (or was in the process of consuming) an entire universe in the black celestial saga. Reed Richards (Mr. Fantastic) also postulated that all the energy in the history of the universe would not be sufficient to sate Galactus' hunger. Now if you really take in what that statement means...that's pretty diesel.

I respect comic Unicron but it's not so clear cut in comic unicron's favor...I don't know how many people on this TF board really know the true nature of Galactus and what he's capable of. He's as much as a large man in a purple helmet as comic unicron is a big robot (meaning, there's much more than meets the eye)

ha.

Well said.

Avalonofthewind
Unicron wins.

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/6008/issue74page01ka2.th.jpg

Alpha Centauri
Let's be realistic, we're all TF fans, but there's no way Unicron could possibly win this. Comics version or movie version.

Galactus, just...Galactus. Stop the silliness.

-AC

Scythe
Guess you're right, the power cosmic is just to much for Unicron.

Chaos Theory
I'll Put my money on Unicron the Chaos Bringer rules all

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Impediment
Unicron ate mechanized planets/colonies only. He didn't eat actual planets like Earth.

To survive. Sure, but if he wan't eating for sustainance, he could still destroy a planet. Especially in Robot mode.

In the comics, there was an origin that pissed all over the cartoon's quintesson origin. Unicron was more or less the yang or 'devil' to Primus' ying or 'god'. They were literally the first forces of dark and light.

The cartoons, like they did for all characters/storylines, dumbed down and kiddfied the whole thing. Furman wrote the origin of unicron story after the Movie's release, but Furman's vision was more complete and set Unicron up as a true force to be reckoned with, as opposed to the easily beaten stupid version in the movie.
THEN the tv series after that, did the f***in stupid quintesson origin story...

But still..... I doubt that unicron would lose sleep over destroying earth as the Autobot city was on it, would pretty much classes it a colony and therefore, the fear that the autobots had that if cybertron fell, earth would be on his list, may not have been unfounded.

Galvaclaw
The quintesson origin story was much better than the original Transformers comic origin. It was originally stated the Transformers formed out of naturally occurring cogs and gears.

Unicron as he currently is, is a casual multiple galaxy buster and a universe destroyer of undermined speed.

In Transformers Cybertron a canon part of the transfomers multiverse Prime's power was stated to be able to create a universe and a full powered Primus stopped a multiversal threat.

That threat being a cosmic blackhole caused by unicron's temporary death (he got better).

Sadako of Girth
But the fact that he turned out to be built in the G1 cartoon by a bunch of multi faced squid, reduced his power imo.
And the whole thing with Primus's energy being in the matrix of leadership made more sense as a weapon against Unicron, rather than, the squid's giant planet robot being done up like a kipper by "The collective wisdom of the line of previous leaders" rubbish as seen in "The return of Optimus Prime"...

I Prefered Furman's origin.
It was darker. More dramatic and the light-dark battle stuff made more sense, in my eyes.

As for the subsequent stuff, I never got into that.

Tenebrous
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
But the fact that he turned out to be built in the G1 cartoon by a bunch of multi faced squid, reduced his power imo.
And the whole thing with Primus's energy being in the matrix of leadership made more sense as a weapon against Unicron, rather than, the squid's giant planet robot being done up like a kipper by "The collective wisdom of the line of previous leaders" rubbish as seen in "The return of Optimus Prime"...

I Prefered Furman's origin.
It was darker. More dramatic and the light-dark battle stuff made more sense, in my eyes.

As for the subsequent stuff, I never got into that.

You misremember, my friend. Unicron was built by Primacron, not the Quintessons.

Just rewatch "Call of the Primitives"

for the record, if anyone's been to the comic book versus forums, you know i rep Galactus over there.....IMO even comic Unicron is over matched here.

DarkSerpent
unicorns are pretty,

stupid

Kazenji
Galactus

If couple of autobots can get inside of unicron and **** him over then of course galactus can beat him

Sadako of Girth
Depends if Galactus has the Matrix or not, and whether Galactus is Autobot enough to use it....

Sadako of Girth
You misremember, my friend. Unicron was built by Primacron, not the Quintessons.

Just rewatch "Call of the Primitives"

for the record, if anyone's been to the comic book versus forums, you know i rep Galactus over there.....IMO even comic Unicron is over matched here.

Thank you, you are quite right. Nice one.

Even so though, I still prefer the Furman vision.

The Scribe
unicron vs OA,gl corps

Originally posted by Nihilist
do you know how powerful comic unicron was???
at one point he destroyed all of creation in the transformers universe.

p.s.-this is not the cartoon unicron

Originally posted by Mr Master
On Panel, Unicron was an absolute Universal power,
this is also confirmed in his Marvel handbook bio.

The devourers of worlds, Unicron vs. Galactus

The Scribe
Transformers On-Line Encyclopedia: Unicron

Unicron's size is never specified in any canon materials, aside from the vague term "planet size".

Unicron is much bigger than Galactus or any planet he has ever eaten. Also, none of the planets ever fought back.

Galactus eats planets, Unicron destroys entire solar systems.
And, has destroyed the entire universe.

What has Galactus done to top that?

I'm not giving Galactus an easy win or a win.

Tenebrous
Originally posted by The Scribe
Transformers On-Line Encyclopedia: Unicron

Unicron's size is never specified in any canon materials, aside from the vague term "planet size".

Unicron is much bigger than Galactus or any planet he has ever eaten. Also, none of the planets ever fought back.

Damn, clearly you have no idea who Galactus is.

Changes his size to eclipse a sun
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f123/leunames/Galactus/th_005-Growsintothesizeofastar-Rom27.jpg
A solar system
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Importance/th_SSv3144018.jpg

Tenebrous
Here is what happens when Galactus' hunger is insatiable. Observe how large he can get, among other descriptions of power

Originally posted by Galan007
Galactus has absorbed a UNIVERSE and if he would not have stopped himself with the UN he would have absorbed the MULTI-VERSE containing that Universe.

"If Galactus isn't stopped now, the ENTIRE UNIVERSE will PERISH"
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/7531/5ep7.th.jpg

"the Fantastic Four are trying to stop Galactus from DESTROYING the UNIVERSE"
http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/6271/6db6.th.jpg

The Dreaming or (Black Celestial) was using GALACTUS to DESTROY ALL of Reality, to then CREATE a NEW ONE.

His (Galactus) appetite increased Geometrically, he would consume not only Planets, but the ENTIRE UNIVERSE"
http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/1185/7ca3.th.jpg

Galactus's Power can obliterate the ENTIRE race of Celestials, DESTROY the UNIVERSE and CREATE a NEW one.

"and with the UNIVERSE DESTROYED, not even the Celestials will survive, the Black Celestial will become the NUCLEUS and FOUNDER of a NEW UNIVERSE"
http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/7583/8qu3.th.jpg

"He will be a GOD"

"Galactus Himself is the WEAPON"
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/3127/9te0.th.jpg

"The time will come soon when ALL the ENERGY in the UNIVERSE through out it's HISTORY will NOT be SUFFICIENT to feed him"
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/8093/10qt9.th.jpg

"Galactus who's busy wolfin' (eating) down ALL of TIME and SPACE"
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/5524/11ms5.th.jpg

"Still the Giant doth continue to GROW"

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/8535/12ej8.th.jpg
"Eventually, Thor, He would SPAN the ENTIRE UNIVERSE"

So not only will he absorb the Universe but he will become as big as one.

Finally,

in order to stop himself from absorbing the UNIVERSE and EVERYTHING BEYOND

Galactus ERASES that UNIVERSE from existence

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/1834/13vp5.th.jpg

"And without a sound, the UNIVERSE behind them softly and suddenly VANISHES AWAY"
http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/858/14xo4.th.jpg

Credit to Mr M for the scans.

Tenebrous
Originally posted by The Scribe

Galactus, weakened such that he is near death, has the power to do this

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f123/leunames/Galactus/th_026_2-Destroystheannihilationwave-A.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f123/leunames/Galactus/th_026_3-Destroystheannihilationwave-A.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f123/leunames/Galactus/th_026_4-Destroystheannihilationwave-A.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f123/leunames/Galactus/th_026_6-Destroystheannihilationwave-A.jpg

The Scribe
Clearly you have no idea who Galactus is.

I do. I also know the writers use too many plot devices in comics.
Also, I don't remember Galactus ever destroying the entire universe.

Galactus eats planets, while Unicron destroys entire galaxies because he wants to.

Take a look at your banner and tell me you're not bias in this battle...

wink

Tenebrous
No dude, you don't. Otherwise you wouldn't have made such false statements as

which were disproved with more than 1 scan.

Forget my banner, and read the scans. I'm a huge fan of Transformers (see my own thread in this forum), so your assumptions are unfounded. You're claiming I'm biased because I pointed out the inaccuracies of your statements, to the detriment of the character you favor.

unicron666
your all idiots unicron cant die he just comes back he is the size of jupitor in planet mode movie and things very inaccurate he gets bigger every time he eats hes devoured 22.57% of the mutiverse galactus 2% of a single universe unicron is invenrable galactus can die he is not the choas bringer nor my god( unicron) look just shut the hell up about galactus he is stupid

TXP101
Its said(by tf experts)that unicron was playing the role as the "lord of chaos", and in some cases has power comparable to that of a god(indestructible unless an autobot leader uses the matrix). In many continuities, he is also capable of multidimensional travel. At one time, he was also supposedly omnipresent in the multiverse. As an added bonus, war, hatred and destruction, in some cases, makes him even stronger. Seeing that the only thing that can ever stop him is the matrix(power of primus), galactus would have to be able to use the matrix.
Just to close things out, Unicron isn't afraid of anything besides the matrix

TXP101
One more thing, due to the fact that unicron changes in size constantly, there is really no way to give him a predetermined size. Also, unicron can change matter into energy and vice versa: that's how he "eats". Furthermore, unicron was around supposedly before the universe began.

TXP101
In short, the only thing that can defeat Unicron is the Matrix, and only an autobot leader(in most cases) can wield the Matrix. I think Galactus loses.

coco11
Originally posted by TXP101
(indestructible unless an autobot leader uses the matrix).
Actually, that is untrue. In the Marvel comic, sufficient TF weapons could hurt Unicron. One cannon even blew a hole in his foot armor in one scene and Scorponok himself could tear apart Unicron's armor as well with his bare hands. Galactus can hit harder than that.

The thing is, in his physical body, Unicron is severely weakened from his astral form.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.