Cloud, Squall, Zell vs Sepiroth, Seifer, Auron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xatl
It takes place in the ruins of Midgar

Violent2Dope
Team 2. I will disclose my reasons for the time being. But seriously tho, on team 1 wouldn't Cloud, Squall, and Zell make more sense?

ESB -1138
Zell gets WTFpwned leaving Cloud and Squall alone to fight Sephiroth, Seifer, and Auron who kill those two.

xatl
Hmmmm i dunno Cloud can beat Sepiroth as we have seen and S quall is much better than Seifer i dont know why Zell is so looked down upon i really like him and think he could hold is own against Auron probs not win but buy time 4 Squall and Cloud who together would make a very impressive due espesh if they are in sync with eachother

Violent2Dope
I like Zell but two of your choices(Auron and Zell) make no sense to me. How about Tidus on team 1 and Seymour on team 2? And Sephiroth each time he fought Cloud was stronger and would've won if he wasn't such an arrogant bastard that toyed with him.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by xatl
Hmmmm i dunno Cloud can beat Sepiroth as we have seen and S quall is much better than Seifer i dont know why Zell is so looked down upon i really like him and think he could hold is own against Auron probs not win but buy time 4 Squall and Cloud who together would make a very impressive due espesh if they are in sync with eachother

Considering Sephiroth forced Cloud on full defense when we saw that Cloud was on full offense on Kadaj and how Seifer was able to fight Squall while fighting two others and was able to kill Odin I doubt Cloud nor Squall would be able to take down either of them in the time it would take for Auron to WTFpwn Zell.

Auron helps Seifer finish off Squall and all three team up on poor Cloud who is barely able to fend off Sephiroth let alone this trio.

Violent2Dope
Dude Zell's not just some punk he could match Auron IMO.

Xenogears
Team 2 for the reasons already mentioned.

Xenogears
Edit

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Dude Zell's not just some punk he could match Auron IMO.

No, no. Zell is no where as strong as Auron. Zell IS just some punk who couldn't shut up where as Auron was actually a trained warrior unlike who Zell who barely went up into the level of SeeD.

Auron >>>> Zell.

Xenogears
Auron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jenova Bahamut Sin and michael jackson

ESB -1138
Michael Jackson?

Xenogears
Satanic Pooh 13jockeyHoEMKGb0aVQ

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Considering Sephiroth forced Cloud on full defense when we saw that Cloud was on full offense on Kadaj and how Seifer was able to fight Squall while fighting two others and was able to kill Odin I doubt Cloud nor Squall would be able to take down either of them in the time it would take for Auron to WTFpwn Zell.

Auron helps Seifer finish off Squall and all three team up on poor Cloud who is barely able to fend off Sephiroth let alone this trio.

How about taking into consideration Cloud had been fighting Bahamut, Loz & Yazoo on the bikes and then Kadaj before fighting Sephiroth? I wouldn't really blame Cloud for being on the defense. Not to mention Sephiroth has the nice ability to fly which kindda automatically gives him an upperhand.

Seifer is tough all right, but Squall has taken Seifer down ALONE without help from his party. By the way as tough as Seifer is Squall is tougher IMO.

The real problem here is Zell will get WTF owned by Auron. It would be a much better match up if it's Cloud/Squall vs. Auron instead of Zell.

I can't say for sure. Sephiroth--on paper has Cloud beat hands down--but he really never beats him with his stupid view on Cloud as a puppet.

Seifer will get beaten by Squall again. Not much to think about that.

Auron utterly destroys Zell.

Xenogears
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
How about taking into consideration Cloud had been fighting Bahamut, Loz & Yazoo on the bikes and then Kadaj before fighting Sephiroth? I wouldn't really blame Cloud for being on the defense. Not to mention Sephiroth has the nice ability to fly which kindda automatically gives him an upperhand.

Seifer is tough all right, but Squall has taken Seifer down ALONE without help from his party. By the way as tough as Seifer is Squall is tougher IMO.

The real problem here is Zell will get WTF owned by Auron. It would be a much better match up if it's Cloud/Squall vs. Auron instead of Zell.

I can't say for sure. Sephiroth--on paper has Cloud beat hands down--but he really never beats him with his stupid view on Cloud as a puppet.

Seifer will get beaten by Squall again. Not much to think about that.

Auron utterly destroys Zell. You played FFX before?

Superboy Prime
No, no. Zell is no where as strong as Auron. Zell IS just some punk who couldn't shut up where as Auron was actually a trained warrior unlike who Zell who barely went up into the level of SeeD.

Auron >>>> Zell.

Zell had his skills, but he is no where near Auron's league.

Xenogears
Zell had his skills, but he is no where near Auron's league. HEY!

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Xenogears
You played FFX before?

Of course.

I've played every Final Fantasy besides 12 because I sold my PS2 before it came out.

However I am stubborn...I WILL get to play and finish it someday.

Xenogears
Final Fantasy X is great.

Superboy Prime
Final Fantasy X is great.

Yeah. I loved the game. I hated Tidus at first because his voice annoyed me and he looked like Meg Ryan, but he slowly gained my heart. I specially liked his Point of View being similar to the player since he was a newcomer to the world. The soundtrack was intimidating as expected from FF. Blitzball didn't really hit my groove, but it was decent. And the turn based & grid sphere system was awesome. Not to mention the few story shockers and the amazing ending.

FF X-2 ruined X IMO.

sick

Violent2Dope
Zell is a trained Martial Artist, is the smartest member of the party, and has physical strength to lift large chunks of earth and harm foes like Omega Weapon with his bare hands. He's damn tough.

Superboy Prime
Zell is a trained Martial Artist, is the smartest member of the party, and has physical strength to lift large chunks of earth and harm foes like Omega Weapon with his bare hands. He's damn tough.

He is still not quite at Auron's level.

Xenogears
Yeah. I loved the game. I hated Tidus at first because his voice annoyed me and he looked like Meg Ryan, but he slowly gained my heart. I specially liked his Point of View being similar to the player since he was a newcomer to the world. The soundtrack was intimidating as expected from FF. Blitzball didn't really hit my groove, but it was decent. And the turn based & grid sphere system was awesome. Not to mention the few story shockers and the amazing ending.

FF X-2 ruined X IMO.

sick In my opinion, X-2 wasn't really meant to be a true sequel to FFX, if you know what I mean. It didn't even seem like there was going to be a sequel for X. X-2 was more like a spin-off than anything else in my opinion. Also, it was partly fan service and a romantic type of game. I have to say, though, that I liked the gameplay in X-2. Each character could become something different; a Black Mage, Warrior, Gunner, etc. in battle, and it took me less time to master the Dress Spheres than the Sphere Grid, though I like both systems anyway. In X-2 you could fight all the Aeons and traverse Spira all over again. Pretty much the only thing that sucked about X-2, in my opinion, was the story and how you had to visit each world five times. Also, completing the game at 100% is a pain in the ass. It's almost impossible to do and you get the complete FFX-2 ending, which I ended up seeing on youtube due to the difficulty.

Superboy Prime
Vegnagum(spell check) didn't really interest me. The girly tone of the game was funny some of the time, but other times it was annoying. It was nice to get to see what happened to the characters. Paine's cause for being emo was somewhat dull, stupid and uninspired. Yuna turned **** was a bit out of character, but...it's f'ing Yuna and I can't stay pissed at her. Rikku was Rikkulicious. Hmm...the leaders for each faction were cool. There was other stuff I didn't like, but I forgot them...lol. And finally...yes the sphere change in gameplay was really fun.

All in all the game wasn't really that bad. It just annoyed me.

Xenogears
Vegnagum(spell check) didn't really interest me. The girly tone of the game was funny some of the time, but other times it was annoying. It was nice to get to see what happened to the characters. Paine's cause for being emo was somewhat dull, stupid and uninspired. Yuna turned **** was a bit out of character, but...it's f'ing Yuna and I can't stay pissed at her. Rikku was Rikkulicious. Hmm...the leaders for each faction were cool. There was other stuff I didn't like, but I forgot them...lol. And finally...yes the sphere change in gameplay was really fun.

All in all the game wasn't really that bad. It just annoyed me. Lol @ Vegnagum

It's Vegnagun. Vegnagun's an ancient super weapon capable of destroying planets with shots from its gun. The only thing is it has to be operated by someone.

I luvs FFX-2. It's as fun to play as X IMO.

Edit: I think Vegnagun was an awesome boss. Though it may've been easily defeatable, it's still awesome nonetheless. One of my favorite CG cutscenes in the game was the one where Shuyin approaches Vegnagun and says, "You know, you're all I can count on to save Lenne". I loved the piano music playing in that scene and the scene itself.

Superboy Prime
By the way I knew what VegnaguM was. fox

...And I hated Shuyin. I didn't think Square could come up with a character more gay than Tidus(understand I said I hated Tidus at first) and then they hit the ball out of the park with Shuyin. Yes the soundtrack is good. It's FF after all.

Xenogears
I made an edit 13jockey

Superboy Prime
I saw it. I also made one...but didn't tell anyone!

Ahem...homer

Xenogears
On the other hand I thought Shuyin was badass. I think he's cooler than Tidus. He has the same Limit Breaks and fights more ferociously, and loves his baby Lenne more than anything else. He was going to destroy the world, just for her!

Superboy Prime
So like you to like the guy that goes nutcase and wants to destroy the world...!

helpsmilie

Xenogears
So like you to like the guy that goes nutcase and wants to destroy the world...!

helpsmilie chair

ESB -1138

How about taking into consideration that Aeris full restored Cloud's strength right before the final showdown with Kadaj and Kadaj IS Sephiroth.

Sephiroth > Cloud; one on one. Sephiroth lost because he taunted Cloud too much and allowed him to get the upper hand.

Violent2Dope
He is still not quite at Auron's level. How so? What has Auron done that's so damn impressive? He swings a big sword...wow. That didn't save him from gettin WTFPWNED by Yunalesca. Oh, and it's well accepted that Cloud beating Sephiroth is PIS. Each time Seph "underestimates" him. And he's done it three times! How stupid can one son of a b*tch be!?

Xenogears
How about taking into consideration that Aeris full restored Cloud's strength right before the final showdown with Kadaj and Kadaj IS Sephiroth.

Sephiroth > Cloud; one on one. Sephiroth lost because he taunted Cloud too much and allowed him to get the upper hand. It's true that she did heal him before his last encounter with Kadaj/Sephiroth.

And Sephiroth is considerably above Cloud in power, speed, and skill. Sephiroth lost due to his superiority complex.
How so? What has Auron done that's so damn impressive? He swings a big sword...wow. That didn't save him from gettin WTFPWNED by Yunalesca. Oh, and it's well accepted that Cloud beating Sephiroth is PIS. Each time Seph "underestimates" him. And he's done it three times! How stupid can one son of a b*tch be!? Auron slays giant beasts with little effort, can break hard enemy armor and has insane limit breaks. His Dragon Fang can kill as many enemies as there are on the battlefield simultaneously. Auron fought Yunalesca a long time before the start of the game, and Yunalesca herself is one of the most powerful bosses in FFX.

Violent2Dope
Zell can also slay large monsters with little effort. While he isn't able to use Armor Break he has access to magic and is faster than Auron. He is at least as physically strong as him.

Xenogears
On an unrelated note, KH2 Auron is a beast.

Violent2Dope
On an unrelated note, KH2 Auron is a beast. And uncanon.smile

Xenogears
No, he's canonical to the KH2 storyline. FFX Auron and KH2 Auron are two different incarnations.

Violent2Dope
No, he's canonical to the KH2 storyline. FFX Auron and KH2 Auron are two different incarnations. Ok mister literal. Point is he cannot be used in this debate.

Xenogears
I'm just letting you know he's a canonical character, that's all.

I knew he wasn't relevant in this thread.

EDIT: That's why I mentioned him in an unrelated note smile

Violent2Dope
I'm just letting you know he's a canonical character, that's all.

I knew he wasn't relevant in this thread. I know. Seriously tho, what makes people think Zell is below Auron?

Xenogears
The fact that he has a huge sword that he swings around pretty easily.

Violent2Dope
The fact that he has a huge sword that he swings around pretty easily. Zell defeats huge monsters with his fists pretty easily. Zell picks up said huge monsters pretty easily. He causes shockwaves with his fists pretty easily.

grey fox
I know. Seriously tho, what makes people think Zell is below Auron?

Auron was a raw punk and took on Yunalisca AND LIVED.

Zell was comic relief.

Those things answer the question perfectly.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by grey fox
Auron was a raw punk and took on Yunalisca AND LIVED.

Zell was comic relief.

Those things answer the question perfectly. No... Auron died, he just wasn't sent.

Superboy Prime

Sephiroth > Cloud; one on one. Sephiroth lost because he taunted Cloud too much and allowed him to get the upper hand.

Hmm all i saw Aerith do was heal Cloud's illness. Didn't really specify anything about restoring his strength.

Sephiroth loss because he is too overconfident. He could've ended the battle when he stabbed Cloud with the masamune...but the oh so legendary SOLDIER is too stupid to realize people won't die from a shoulder stab.

On paper Sephiroth > Cloud; one on one. True...but in facts Cloud >>> Sephiroth; one on one.

**** Cloud even screwed Sephiroth over when he was just a ShinRa grunt.

grey fox
Hmm all i saw Aerith do was heal Cloud's illness. Didn't really specify anything about restoring his strength.

Sephiroth loss because he is too overconfident. He could've ended the battle when he stabbed Cloud with the masamune...but the oh so legendary SOLDIER is too stupid to realize people won't die from a shoulder stab.

On paper Sephiroth > Cloud; one on one. True...but in facts Cloud >>> Sephiroth; one on one.

**** Cloud even screwed Sephiroth over when he was just a ShinRa grunt.

By a cheap shot !

Xenogears
Wtf..

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by grey fox

By a cheap shot !

At first yes...but what happened to Sephiroth's might when Cloud was impaled on the masamune and still managed to throw Sephiroth down the mako reactor?

Exactly.

Cloud = Sephiroth's Achilles' heel.

Xenogears
31dance

Superboy Prime
shit!!

Xenogears
Yuck..

Violent2Dope
Sephiroth >Cloud but loses because of stupidity. Auron=Zell.smile

ESB -1138
Auron > Zell. Auron has far more experience and Zell is a complete dumb @$$.

Violent2Dope
Auron > Zell. Auron has far more experience and Zell is a complete dumb @$$. Zell is the smartest member of the party. He is faster than Auron, and at least as strong. I'll give Auron experience.

Xenogears
I'm gangsta yo

Violent2Dope
Well I'm gizzangsta homie.

ESB -1138
Zell is the smartest member of the party. He is faster than Auron, and at least as strong. I'll give Auron experience.

Zell is NOT the smartest member of the party. Zell is slightly impulsive and overconfident in his own skill which Auron would exploit to the fullest. Auron is far more skilled then Zell.

Violent2Dope
Zell is NOT the smartest member of the party. Zell is slightly impulsive and overconfident in his own skill which Auron would exploit to the fullest. Auron is far more skilled then Zell. Zell has anger issues, but when it comes to engineering and technology, Zell is smartest. Zell is faster, is as strong maybe stronger, and is a martial arts expert. Overall it's about even I'd say.

Xenogears
The way I see it, If Auron attacked Zell, Zell'd be dead.

Superboy Prime
All Auron needs to do is call Zell a "chicken wuss" and Mr. Dincht will go on a mindless frenzy and will end up impaling himself on Auron's masamune.

Xenogears
laughing out loud

Violent2Dope
All Auron needs to do is call Zell a "chicken wuss" and Mr. Dincht will go on a mindless frenzy and will end up impaling himself on Auron's masamune. laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing eek! Happy Dance ! Seriously tho, no one here has been able to convince me Auron>Zell. They're about even I'd say.

ESB -1138
Zell has anger issues, but when it comes to engineering and technology, Zell is smartest. Zell is faster, is as strong maybe stronger, and is a martial arts expert. Overall it's about even I'd say.

Zell is no where near as strong as Auron. Zell is some 17-18 year old punk who goes berserk when someone calls him a chicken wuss. Auron on the other hand went on not one but two quests to reach the Final Aeon and has been fighting Sin for who knows how long.

Violent2Dope
Zell is no where near as strong as Auron. Zell is some 17-18 year old punk who goes berserk when someone calls him a chicken wuss. Auron on the other hand went on not one but two quests to reach the Final Aeon and has been fighting Sin for who knows how long. Auron has only fought Sin once. Zell can lift big ass monsters and throw them on their asses. Zell has a bit of a temper but doesn't show it while fighting. Zell is faster than Auron and is a martial arts expert. All I'm hearing is "Zell is a stupid teenage punk".

ESB -1138
"Zell is a stupid teenage punk".

Right. Glade you agree with me.

Xenogears
Zell is FF8's equivalent to Street Fighter's Dan Hibiki.

^
That was a joke btw.

Violent2Dope
Right. Glade you agree with me. pissedmad:mad2:censored

Pyron_is_God
Since at the end of FFVIII all indications were that Seifer was stronger than Squall (it was 3-on-1 in every battle passed disk 1 and the fact Seifer can beat Odin's Zantetsuken but Squall can't) he can probably beat Squall in a good fight.

Sephiroth owns Cloud.

Auron has no real feats other than being a total badass. But Zell can't defeat him because he's an Unsent so...Auron.

Team 2 wins.

GrieverSquall
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
Since at the end of FFVIII all indications were that Seifer was stronger than Squall (it was 3-on-1 in every battle
Team 2 wins.

Let me add that were gameplay battles.
If you're putting it into story wise terms, then were 5 people against Seifer which I find ridiculous. Squall already showed to own Seifer easily in a 1 on 1 battle, so I can't imagine Seifer handling Squall, Zell, Quistis, Irvine and Selphie at the same time, that wouldn't make much sense... Squall went through a lot more shit than Seifer... I don't really see a single reason of why Seifer would stronger than Squall in any way.
The truth is that Seifer sliced Odin, but Squall owns Seifer. Oh... Squall defeated and enslaved Odin BEFORE fighting Seifer so I don't see why Squall can't defeat Odin by himself. Squall wins.

Sephiroth owns Cloud in many aspects, he's a better swordsman, hands down.
But... Seeing at how Cloud overcomes that, I would give it to Cloud.

Auron and... Zell? I can't imagine someone with a big sword trying to hit a guy who only does punches and kicks to his opponents, a weird fight let's say... I don't really know...
Whatever, I guess Zell wins... Nah... Auron wins.

Team 1.

FWahMaN
Sephiroth >>>> rest on the field. PIS OUT.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.