Ryu Hayabusa vs Cervantes de Leon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
The mood within the Dead or Alive camp is one for celebration.

Ryu Hayabusa, modern-day super-ninja, curio and antique shop owner, and member of the Hayabusa clan, has gained his Doctorate in Archaeology (a reference to his father, who was an amateur archaeologist in the Original Trilogy) at the tender age of 25.

Before 'Doctor Hayabusa' could relish in his work and his success, someone crashes the party, with a letter of challenge.

Through Ryu's hard work, he has accquired the legendary Soul Edge. Thought to have been destroyed, the weapon was found in several pieces, which gains the attention of the immortal Pirate, Cervantes de Leon.

Through one of his minions, Ryu receives the letter. Should Ryu win, then Cervantes will leave him be. But if Cervantes wins, not only does he get Soul Edge back, but Ryu's Dragon Sword as well.

The battle takes place inside the DOA Wrestling ring. Fighters from all over the world (i.e. other game companies) are here to witness this epic battle.

The announcer makes the introductions:

"From Soul Calibur...he is the undispuited Pirate Lord of the Seas, Cervantes de Leon!"

Cervantes' theme (No Regrets) is heard as the immortal pirate, armed with his dual swords appear and makes his way down the ring. The cheers are loudest from his lackeys.

"And from Dead or Alive by way of Ninja Gaiden...the modern-day super-ninja and winner of the second Dead or Alive Tournament, Ryu Hayabusa!"

Ryu's (unofficial) theme, The Parasprinter, is heard from the speakers as the ninja, in his black ninja costume, sans cowl and mask strides to the ring. Several schoolgirls faint at the sight of him.

Ryu hops into the ring and faces off against Cervantes.

This battle is about to begin.

Violent2Dope
Okay it's kinda f*cked up to give Hayabusa the Dragon Sword AND Soul Edge.

Darkstorm Zero
This is true... Cervante's gets carved to buggery unless he's packing at least Soul Edge & Nirvana (His default weapon in SC2 & 3)

However, by that same token, it could very well be a curbstomp in the other direction if he gave Cervantes the Soul Edge (Complete)

Xenogears
It's sort of confusing actually. Ryu may've acquired Soul Edge in that little made-up story of his, but I can't tell whether he's actually using it in the battle, nor was it mentioned that he's using a weapon in the battle, though seeing as Cervantes is armed with weapons, Ryu should at least be using the Dragon Sword.

Cervantes would lose more times than not with the completed Soul Edge, if Ryu has either the True Dragon Sword, the Plasma Saber Mk.II, or the Dark Dragon Blade at his disposal.

Sado22
drool

Xenogears
Originally posted by Sado22
drool Where'd you find that?

And what's up with her eyes?

StyleTime
Hayabusa wins.

Sado22
www.fightersgeneration.com
its all over there

she saw Judgement Hand! how the hell do i know foo! mad

No..Ivy's boobs win! mad
QFT
FACT

~The Ivy Obsessed Sado-sama
P.S. i need to slap myself....its unlike me to be so...xenogear-ish

Xenogears
www.fightersgeneration.com
its all over there

she saw Judgement Hand! how the hell do i know foo! mad

No..Ivy's boobs win! mad
QFT
FACT

~The Ivy Obsessed Sado-sama
P.S. i need to slap myself....its unlike me to be so...xenogear-ish HEY!

Superboy Prime
I think Hayabusa will win more times than not even if Cervantes gets the Soul Edge.

But alas it would be one cool match to behold.

Xenogears
Cervantes is gay.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Xenogears
Cervantes is gay.

Fine by me, but IMO he is just BadAss. Almost as badass as Nightmare.

Xenogears
I was kidding. I think Cervantes is badass also.

I'm simply bored and feel like making random comments.

Violent2Dope
Cervantes is badass, and with a complete SE he may be able to beat Ryu with the TDS. Remember, we've never technically seen a complete SE's power.

Xenogears
Why the hell is there a paper clip next to the thread title?

Violent2Dope
Why the hell is there a paper clip next to the thread title? WTF are you talkin about.

Sado22
Okay superboy and Xenoqueer....lets just comprimise:

Crevantes is a badgayass. mad

Xenogears
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
WTF are you talkin about. On the games versus main page you can see a paper clip next to the thread title.

Violent2Dope
Oh. I still think that with a complete Soul Edge Cervantes may beat Ryu with TDS.

Rascaduanok

StyleTime
Okay superboy and Xenoqueer....lets just comprimise:

Crevantes is a badgayass. mad
Sado22, fortify thyself please. *StyleTime lends Sado22 some of his power.*

Now let's say it together!

Cervantes is a ****ing loser.

Xenogears

Violent2Dope
I am an infinate times more powerful than all of you.

Xenogears
Lol...read your sig.

Violent2Dope
Lol...read your sig. yes

Xenogears
So are you saying you're Ganondorf?

Violent2Dope
So are you saying you're Ganondorf? punk

Xenogears
So you wank yourself? big grin

Violent2Dope
So you wank yourself? big grin thumbup1

Rascaduanok

Violent2Dope

Xenogears

Violent2Dope
Even so I consider Link beating Ganon even with Master Sword PIS.

Xenogears
There's a lot of PIS in video games.

Emperor Ashtar
Even so I consider Link beating Ganon even with Master Sword PIS.
How?

Xenogears
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
How? It's because he as well as I think Link sucks BALLS

Violent2Dope
How? A five foot tall kid finding weapons and immediately mastering them somehow beating a nine foot tall giant with superhuman strength and speed who is a powerful dark magician whose powers are augmented even with the Triforce of Power who has hundreds of years of experience over Link and is a master swordsman...Wtf?

Emperor Ashtar
A five foot tall kid finding weapons and immediately mastering them somehow beating a nine foot tall giant with superhuman strength and speed who is a powerful dark magician whose powers are augmented even with the Triforce of Power who has hundreds of years of experience over Link and is a master swordsman...Wtf?

Hold the phone, ganondorf doesn't have 100 years of experience over link in OOT. That's in link to the past, and he gains experience from fighting.

Violent2Dope
Hold the phone, ganondorf doesn't have 100 years of experience over link in OOT. That's in link to the past, and he gains experience from fighting. Actually only in OoT Ganon doesn't have 100 years of experience. In OoT he was at least 40(probably older) and the next chronological game(TP) was decades after if memory serves me correctly. And what about my other points? Link beating Ganon is PIS.

StyleTime
Why is it PIS? Link has the skills, weapons, AND magic to battle Ganon.

Experience will only get you so far.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by StyleTime
Why is it PIS? Link has the skills, weapons, AND magic to battle Ganon.

Experience will only get you so far. Link in his short life realistically wouldn't have more skill than Ganon. Ganon is a master swordsman. Ganon's swords are always as large or larger than Link's body, but Link has the MS so I'll call it a draw. I dare you to say Link's magic even comes close to matching Ganon's. Ganon is much bigger and stronger than Link. Hell, Ganon is even FASTER than Link, say he's not and I'll destroy that futile argument.

StyleTime
Link in his short life realistically wouldn't have more skill than Ganon. Ganon is a master swordsman. Ganon's swords are always as large or larger than Link's body, but Link has the MS so I'll call it a draw. I dare you to say Link's magic even comes close to matching Ganon's. Ganon is much bigger and stronger than Link. Hell, Ganon is even FASTER than Link, say he's not and I'll destroy that futile argument.
You're right. I don't think Link would be more skilled either. I am just saying that Link's abilities/items/etc are enough to allow him to actually fight Ganon.

Keep in mind I refer to Ocarina of Time here. In there, Link is able to match most everything Ganon has.

Ganon's strength advantage? Link has gauntlets that give him allow him to match that.

Durability? Link has potions, spells, shield, and the backing of the faeries.

Skill? Ganondorf probably beats him here, but Link is extremely talented though and has the Master Sword.

Equpiment? As you already know, Link is a medieval Batman and has an item for about every situation.

I think the fights go as they should. At least in Ocarina of Time.

I'm not disagreeing about speed, but I'm curious to know what makes you think Ganon is faster than Link?

Xenogears
Damn StyleTime's on a roll right now.

Violent2Dope
Strength: While Link may have the Gauntlets I don't think he uses them to his advantage during combat, if so I'll agree with you.

Durability: Ganon in WW had his entire fortress collapse while he was in it and didn't die, maybe even didn't get hurt, his durability is second to none in Zelda.

Skill: Link has skill to be sure but even in OoT Ganon's probably more than three times as old as Link(remember, he technically has only lived like 11 years)

Equipment: Don't know how this got brought up but most of Link's equipment is useless against Ganon so it really doesn't matter.

Magic: Ganon, easily.

As for speed, as shown in WW Ganon near the end of the game rushed Link in a flash before Link could react and knocked him out, and in TP a similar thing happens the instant he breaks his chains he rushes and kills a Sage with a punch. He's faster.smile

Violent2Dope
I won't let my f*ckin thread die because of the new guy's nonstop reviving of dead threads.

Xenogears
Damn the FortressXB!tch!

Rascaduanok
Interesting how a thread debating the merits of Ryu from NG and Cervantes from SC turned into a Link vs Ganon matchup!

Xenogears
MEH! mad

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Rascaduanok
Interesting how a thread debating the merits of Ryu from NG and Cervantes from SC turned into a Link vs Ganon matchup! Not really I'm just proving my point that Link beating Ganon is PIS.

Xenogears
PIS I say!

Violent2Dope
PIS indeed.

Violent2Dope
PIS is gay.

StyleTime
Strength: While Link may have the Gauntlets I don't think he uses them to his advantage during combat, if so I'll agree with you.

Durability: Ganon in WW had his entire fortress collapse while he was in it and didn't die, maybe even didn't get hurt, his durability is second to none in Zelda.

Skill: Link has skill to be sure but even in OoT Ganon's probably more than three times as old as Link(remember, he technically has only lived like 11 years)

Equipment: Don't know how this got brought up but most of Link's equipment is useless against Ganon so it really doesn't matter.

Magic: Ganon, easily.

As for speed, as shown in WW Ganon near the end of the game rushed Link in a flash before Link could react and knocked him out, and in TP a similar thing happens the instant he breaks his chains he rushes and kills a Sage with a punch. He's faster.smile

Like I said, this applies to Ocarina of Time only. However, even if Ganon has better natural durability, Link can still make himself invincible. He has potions and faeries to heal and even revive himself. This allows Link to hang with Ganon in durability easily. In all honesty, Link's durability related abilities are better than Ganon's natural defense.

Like I said, Ganon may be more experienced, but that isn't everything.

I brought up equpiment because it also helps level the playing field. Light Arrows hurt Ganon. Link's shield and sword provide him protection from assault. There's also things like the Megaton Hammer which do hurt Ganon.

That one little thing isn't really much in the way of speed, but I'll give Ganon for the sake of argument. It won't really matter though given Link's other abilities.

It's not like Link just breezes through Ganon. However, to deny that Link has what it takes to fight the guy is rediculous.
PIS indeed.
No it's not. You may not like Link, but he is able to match Ganon overall in a fight.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Rascaduanok
Interesting how a thread debating the merits of Ryu from NG and Cervantes from SC turned into a Link vs Ganon matchup!

It always comes down to Ganon vs The World with V2D.

Violent2Dope
No. I'll admit like Superman would beat him but Link beating him is PIS, oh and Prime, YOU have stated this to be true also. I may not have been here long, but I've been reading these forums for a long time.

Superboy Prime
...?

Well the whole Master Sword > Ganon thing is PIS, but I do not make the claim Link is a pussy ass not worthy of beating Ganon.

Violent2Dope
Like I said, this applies to Ocarina of Time only. However, even if Ganon has better natural durability, Link can still make himself invincible. He has potions and faeries to heal and even revive himself. This allows Link to hang with Ganon in durability easily. In all honesty, Link's durability related abilities are better than Ganon's natural defense.

Like I said, Ganon may be more experienced, but that isn't everything.

I brought up equpiment because it also helps level the playing field. Light Arrows hurt Ganon. Link's shield and sword provide him protection from assault. There's also things like the Megaton Hammer which do hurt Ganon.

That one little thing isn't really much in the way of speed, but I'll give Ganon for the sake of argument. It won't really matter though given Link's other abilities.

It's not like Link just breezes through Ganon. However, to deny that Link has what it takes to fight the guy is rediculous.

No it's not. You may not like Link, but he is able to match Ganon overall in a fight. Link using fairies really isn't durability, but I agree that can level the playing field to an extent, and it's pretty stupid to use Nayru's Love in the fight with Ganon as you won't be able to use your Light Arrows. . Ganon's swordskill surpasses Link, at least you agree with me. Ganon's natural strength surpasses Link's also unless Link has gauntlets but it's not even known if they aid him in combat and exactly how strong the characters are. As far as the Megaton hammer hurting him this is a big beef I have with the Zelda series, in WW when Link slashed at Ganon with the MS before it unlocked it's true power the blade went right through him, yet the MH hurts his tail while in his monster form and enough hits will weaken him. Either using the MH is uncanon or the series contradicts itself. And those two speed feats prove my point, like I said in WW while doing it Link couldn't even react in time. And the haymaker of my argument, in OoT when Ganon was on his DYING BREATH in one burst of magic he destroyed the large room and the top of the castle and weakened his castle's integrity so it would collapse. Why couldn't he have done something similar to Link?

StyleTime
Link using fairies really isn't durability, but I agree that can level the playing field to an extent, and it's pretty stupid to use Nayru's Love in the fight with Ganon as you won't be able to use your Light Arrows. . Ganon's swordskill surpasses Link, at least you agree with me. Ganon's natural strength surpasses Link's also unless Link has gauntlets but it's not even known if they aid him in combat and exactly how strong the characters are. As far as the Megaton hammer hurting him this is a big beef I have with the Zelda series, in WW when Link slashed at Ganon with the MS before it unlocked it's true power the blade went right through him, yet the MH hurts his tail while in his monster form and enough hits will weaken him. Either using the MH is uncanon or the series contradicts itself. And those two speed feats prove my point, like I said in WW while doing it Link couldn't even react in time. And the haymaker of my argument, in OoT when Ganon was on his DYING BREATH in one burst of magic he destroyed the large room and the top of the castle and weakened his castle's integrity so it would collapse. Why couldn't he have done something similar to Link?
I say durability because it doesn't really fit anywhere else. It's almost like a healing factor(Link) vs invulnerability(Ganon). If Ayane did a big ninpo attack on them, Ganon may survive and Link may be injured or die. However, Link is able to heal or revive. It seems like pick your poison deal to me. However, I think you already see the point. It just levels the playing field.

I'm fine throwing out the Megaton Hammer stuff.

Magic is tricky like that though. If I recall correctly, he casted an echantment to topple the castle. The spell was specifically designed to cause the castle's "self-destruct sequence". It wasn't like Ganon discharged magic energy or shot a fireball or something. I don't think it would actually have an effect on Link or Zelda or other non-castles.

I think you get what I'm saying though. Link's abilities and equpiment just level up the playing field. He probably couldn't take Ganon without those things. Link is similar to Hayabusa here. Hayabusa couldn't beat half of his enemies without ninpo/weapons/etc.

I will agree that the Master Sword is a plot device though.

Violent2Dope
I say durability because it doesn't really fit anywhere else. It's almost like a healing factor(Link) vs invulnerability(Ganon). If Ayane did a big ninpo attack on them, Ganon may survive and Link may be injured or die. However, Link is able to heal or revive. It seems like pick your poison deal to me. However, I think you already see the point. It just levels the playing field.

I'm fine throwing out the Megaton Hammer stuff.

Magic is tricky like that though. If I recall correctly, he casted an echantment to topple the castle. The spell was specifically designed to cause the castle's "self-destruct sequence". It wasn't like Ganon discharged magic energy or shot a fireball or something. I don't think it would actually have an effect on Link or Zelda or other non-castles.

I think you get what I'm saying though. Link's abilities and equpiment just level up the playing field. He probably couldn't take Ganon without those things. Link is similar to Hayabusa here. Hayabusa couldn't beat half of his enemies without ninpo/weapons/etc.

I will agree that the Master Sword is a plot device though. You make up some good points but here is another thing, remember in OoT when Ganon captured Zelda in the crystal prison, why couldn't he do it to Link? Also it was stated nowhere that it was a casted enchantment that destroyed the castle, I think it was like a big burst of sorta electrical energy(like the blasts he throws at you) the force of the magic destroyed the room and it surged through the castle weakening it's integrity.

Violent2Dope
I'm an ass and refuse to let my points go unheard Styletime.

Xenogears
This is Ryu Hayabusa vs. Cervantes de Leon!

Violent2Dope
You make up some good points but here is another thing, remember in OoT when Ganon captured Zelda in the crystal prison, why couldn't he do it to Link? Also it was stated nowhere that it was a casted enchantment that destroyed the castle, I think it was like a big burst of sorta electrical energy(like the blasts he throws at you) the force of the magic destroyed the room and it surged through the castle weakening it's integrity.

Violent2Dope
This is Ryu Hayabusa vs. Cervantes de Leon! Don't care.big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.