Sinestro Corps VS Annihilation Wave

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rorschach
confused

nvrbeenwthagirl
the Corps seem bad assed. We'll have to see.

quanchi112
annihilation wave crushes them

Deathstroke
Originally posted by quanchi112

That depends.

We haven't seen the power levels of the main Sin Corps members displayed yet.

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by Deathstroke
That depends.

We haven't seen the power levels of the main Sin Corps members displayed yet. Ya, I mean Anti-Monitor...

Deathstroke
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
Ya, I mean Anti-Monitor...

If AM and Paralax are at classic power levels then they most certainly stomp, but all we've seen them do so far in the Sinestro Corps is stand around.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Deathstroke
That depends.

We haven't seen the power levels of the main Sin Corps members displayed yet. we;; then i guess we have to wait and see. annihilation wave was uber uber powerful

guy222
we;; then i guess we have to wait and see. annihilation wave was uber uber powerful

agreed

ann wave was quite badass

Acrosurge
I'd like to see some feats for the SC. Otherwise, the Centurions, Ravenous, and the Seekers might be enough to do the job, to say nothing of Annihilus and the Wave.

TricksterPriest
we;; then i guess we have to wait and see. annihilation wave was uber uber powerful

I don't ****ing care if they have T&A in addition to the wave. stick out tongue If Parallax and the Anti-monitor are at anywhere near their classic levels, either of them can solo the wave. wink

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I don't ****ing care if they have T&A in addition to the wave. stick out tongue If Parallax and the Anti-monitor are at anywhere near their classic levels, either of them can solo the wave. wink

this is true. It's crazy that both of them are on a team together. what the **** is DC doing?

Acrosurge
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I don't ****ing care if they have T&A in addition to the wave. stick out tongue If Parallax and the Anti-monitor are at anywhere near their classic levels, either of them can solo the wave. wink That's why we need updated feats. It seem a bit odd for the majority of the DC universe to have Parallax back at its godlike levels, to say nothing of AM. We'll see, though.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
The Wave crushes them.

llagrok
Sinestro Corps.

I mean, just look at the lineup.

Estacado
laughing laughing laughing no expression
Corps ftw.

Supreme being
Originally posted by Estacado
laughing laughing laughing no expression
Corps ftw.

yesBesides Galactus handed the wave their ass.

starlock
Sinestro corps for the win

What a lineup they have!

Symmetric Chaos
Due to Henshaw wouldn't most of the AW fleet be useless? (or were the ships biologicaly based)

By potential the SC should win. But for now we'll have to wait and see.

Validus
The A Wave wasn't that powerful. It was more a numbers game with them. One Galactus herald was a match for an entire army. The Sin Corps has 7,200 guys hovering somewhere around herald level even without their 4 generals and the Anti Monitor.

Granted they have little feats but unless I'm forgetting something, nobody in the A-Wave did anything to make me believe they could take even an average Green Lantern.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Validus
The A Wave wasn't that powerful. It was more a numbers game with them. One Galactus herald was a match for an entire army. The Sin Corps has 7,200 guys hovering somewhere around herald level even without their 4 generals and the Anti Monitor.

Granted they have little feats but unless I'm forgetting something, nobody in the A-Wave did anything to make me believe they could take even an average Green Lantern.

Ravager almost gave Surfer a good fight. Annihlus beat Qasar and Nova.

But besides that yeah erm

Newjak
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Ravager almost gave Surfer a good fight. Annihlus beat Qasar and Nova.

But besides that yeah erm He also survived a planet exploding and Annihlus did Survive Galactus' attack.

Validus
Ravager had an army of Seekers when he fought the Surfer and when he fought Terrax. Even giving him the benefit of the doubt, Superboy Prime takes his head off with one shot. Then you've got Annihilus Vs Superboy Prime, Parallax, Cyborg Superman, Sinestro and Anti-Monitor and 7,200 Lantern types Vs the A-Wave. It's a wash for the Corps.

Validus
Originally posted by Newjak
He also survived a planet exploding and Annihlus did Survive Galactus' attack.
Ravager was a durable guy, I'll give you that. That said, he might take 2-3 punches from SBP.

Symmetric Chaos
Ravager had an army of Seekers when he fought the Surfer and when he fought Terrax.

Right after Galactus gave him the will to fight Sufer tore through the Seekers and then went one on one with Ravager for a bit.

Of course in the end Ravager got owned . . .

Even giving him the benefit of the doubt, Superboy Prime takes his head off with one shot. Then you've got Annihilus Vs Superboy Prime, Parallax, Cyborg Superman, Sinestro and Anti-Monitor and 7,200 Lantern types Vs the A-Wave. It's a wash for the Corps.

I like those odds.

Skeets
Lets just wait until we see what they retconned AM into....Hopefully a giant rabbit...31

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Skeets
Lets just wait until we see what they retconned AM into....Hopefully a giant rabbit...31

There's a MontyPython joke somewhere in that . . .

Newjak
Ravager had an army of Seekers when he fought the Surfer and when he fought Terrax. Even giving him the benefit of the doubt, Superboy Prime takes his head off with one shot. Then you've got Annihilus Vs Superboy Prime, Parallax, Cyborg Superman, Sinestro and Anti-Monitor and 7,200 Lantern types Vs the A-Wave. It's a wash for the Corps. How powerful are these 7200 GL types eyes

Because if they are like the 7200 GLC then they must suck cause as we all know most GLs suck. stick out tongue

Besides wouldn't the A-Wave still have Thanos and the Galactus Gun?

quanchi112
yes better define the a wave. is it with thanos. is it not. is it just th negative zone people. are heroes included?

Acrosurge
Ravager was a durable guy, I'll give you that. That said, he might take 2-3 punches from SBP. Just for the record, the guy's name is Ravenous. And how long did Connors last against SBP? Just sayin'.

As for the Annihilation Wave, much of it is a numbers game, but on a scale never before imagined. We're talking enough ships to fill light years of space at minimal. And going from the makeup of the Harvestor of Sorrows, they are more biological than technological.

If the more godly members SC are operating at their initial godly levels, then AM should be able to take the battle on his own. If they are depowered, then I'd give it to the Wave. We'll have to wait for that answer.

Symmetric Chaos
yes better define the a wave. is it with thanos. is it not. is it just th negative zone people. are heroes included?

Does it matter? no expression

Validus
Low level Green Lanterns are at the low end of the top tier. No, they're not going to beat any reputable hero/villain worth his/her salt but the A-Wave isn't reputable. They're just drones. Drones Vs Drone Lanterns? Drone Lanterns win 10/10.

They did kill anywhere from from 50-100 GL's during their raid on Oa which is a better feat than I can say for anything in the Wave. One of them was giving Guy some trouble one on one.

Newjak
Does it matter? no expression T&A, Galactus Gun, Harvester of Sorrows, Thanos, The Fallon One

It very well could no expression

Symmetric Chaos
T&A, Galactus Gun, Harvester of Sorrows, Thanos, The Fallon One

It very well could no expression

Anti-Monitor no expression

Newjak
Low level Green Lanterns are at the low end of the top tier. No, they're not going to beat any reputable hero/villain worth his/her salt but the A-Wave isn't reputable. They're just drones. Drones Vs Drone Lanterns? Drone Lanterns win 10/10.

They did kill anywhere from from 50-100 GL's during their raid on Oa which is a better feat than I can say for anything in the Wave. One of them was giving Guy some trouble one on one. To tell you the truth I think Ironman could beat 2-3 low level GLC by himself stick out tongue

quanchi112
Does it matter? no expression i guess to u it doesnt. but if u count galactus,the heralds, thanos,all the heroes. the sinestro corps gets owned harddddd.

Validus
The Fallen One laughing out loud

Thanos, Tenebrous and Aegis weren't part of the Wave.

Newjak
AM no expression I'm just saying a Galactus Gun is cool stick out tongue

Validus
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Just for the record, the guy's name is Ravenous.
I didn't call him Ravager first. embarrasment

Symmetric Chaos
i guess to u it doesnt. but if u count galactus,the heralds, thanos,all the heroes. the sinestro corps gets owned harddddd.

I'm gonna have to disagree about getting owned hard.

Newjak
The Fallen One laughing out loud

Thanos, Tenebrous and Aegis weren't part of the Wave. Thanos had joined and lended support for the Wave and Fallen One worked for him. And T&A were in league with Thanos at the Wave's optimal ability stick out tongue

quanchi112

Granted they have little feats but unless I'm forgetting something, nobody in the A-Wave did anything to make me believe they could take even an average Green Lantern. it almost took over the entire marvel universe. it took out nova corps, beating the kree,skrulls, down, was spread out and hunting ddown heralds. it took a three systerm solar blast from gagalctus to let them concede the war. if u count thanos and all the heroes they crush the sinestro corps.

quanchi112
i guess to u it doesnt. but if u count galactus,the heralds, thanos,all the heroes. the sinestro corps gets owned harddddd. if ur counting everyuone involved in each story vs each other the wave beats them. its that simple to me.

Symmetric Chaos
it almost took over the entire marvel universe. it took out nova corps, beating the kree,skrulls, down, was spread out and hunting ddown heralds. it took a three systerm solar blast from gagalctus to let them concede the war. if u count thanos and all the heroes they crush the sinestro corps.

Do you even know who's in the SC?

quanchi112
Do you even know who's in the SC? why dont u name all the big guns for me. illustrate in an argument the supposed error of my ways.

Newjak
Do you even know who's in the SC? Yes but we also know how DC treats groups. AM will now be weaker than Darkseid and SBP will become a little stronger than Superman eyes

Validus
Why the hell would I count the Marvel heroes as part of the A Wave?

quanchi112
Why the hell would I count the Marvel heroes as part of the A Wave? i didint know if it was eevryone involevd from each storyline or not. i guess not do u count thanos on the awave, and tenrbous and aegis?

Symmetric Chaos
why dont u name all the big guns for me. illustrate in an argument the supposed error of my ways.

We'll start with AntiMonitor. He destroyed the DC multiverse last time.

HankHenshaw he was (at one time) about Superman's equal and has tech from Oa, Quard, Earth and the NewGods.

SuperboyPrime. He's like Superman but at PreCrisis levels.

etc etc

Validus
Thanos had joined and lended support for the Wave and Fallen One worked for him. And T&A were in league with Thanos at the Wave's optimal ability stick out tongue

I'll give you this. The only way they have a chance is if you count Thanos, Tenebrous and Aegis and even then the Sin Corps win based on potential.

Newjak
I'll give you this. The only way they have a chance is if you count Thanos, Tenebrous and Aegis and even then the Sin Corps win based on potential. Wait so we include potential so does that mean Thanos gets the HOTU stick out tongue

Validus
i didint know if it was eevryone involevd from each storyline or not. i guess not do u count thanos on the awave, and tenrbous and aegis?
It's the Annihilation Wave, not every man, woman, child, creature, that appeared in the Annihilation storyline.

quanchi112
I'll give you this. The only way they have a chance is if you count Thanos, Tenebrous and Aegis and even then the Sin Corps win based on potential. with thanos,tenebrou, and aegis the awave wins. to much. they have to many forces. they win.

quanchi112
Wait so we include potential so does that mean Thanos gets the HOTU stick out tongue good point.... laughing

Emperor Ashtar
Sweet jesus this is a stomp.

Validus
Wait so we include potential so does that mean Thanos gets the HOTU stick out tongue
External power-up big grin

Newjak
External power-up big grin Wasn't AM at the height of his power just an external power-up as well doped

quanchi112
Wasn't AM at the height of his power just an external power-up as well doped this will be easier to judge after the event is over. sinestro corps story has to run its course.

grey fox
this will be easier to judge after the event is over. sinestro corps story has to run its course.

COIE is over.

Validus
laughing out loud

Newjak
Originally posted by grey fox
COIE is over. laughing

Validus
Wasn't AM at the height of his power just an external power-up as well doped
I believe he wiped out universes well before he reached the height of his power where he fought Spectre at the dawn of time.

quanchi112
laughing why then are people talking about people just standing around and that they havent seen them do anything yet?

Emperor Ashtar
Sinestro's Corp wins 10/10, no competition.

Newjak
I believe he wiped out universes well before he reached the height of his power where he fought Spectre at the dawn of time. Still if you got rid of External power ups you would have to take him down to before he destroyed that first Universe and then could he survive the Galactus Gun hmm

Validus
Still if you got rid of External power ups you would have to take him down to before he destroyed that first Universe and then could he survive the Galactus Gun hmm
The G cannon destroyed a planet. Even Nova was able to shield himself when G got pissed. I'd give AM the nod on surviving.

Newjak
The G cannon destroyed a planet. Even Nova was able to shield himself when G got pissed. I'd give AM the nod on surviving. So you are saying Nova greater than a Pissed G hmm

So you don't think the Galactus Gun would hurt AM?

grey fox
So you are saying Nova greater than a Pissed G hmm

I doubt it would phase him.

Newjak
I doubt it would phase him. But Omega Beams did hmm

quanchi112
galactus un would more than hurt antimonitor that is for sure.

quanchi112
But Omega Beams did hmm good point.

grey fox
But Omega Beams did hmm

That WAS pre-loeb Darkseid. The one who could use Pre-crisis Supes as toilet Paper....

Newjak
That WAS pre-loeb Darkseid. The one who could use Pre-crisis Supes as toilet Paper.... So would Galactus hmm

Validus
So you are saying Nova greater than a Pissed G hmm

I'm saying that a Nova who admitted to being weaker than a Galactus herald was able to shield himself. Why wouldn't I believe AM could throw up a shield too?

quanchi112
darkseid wasnt weaked by precrisis, thats what i hear from all the darkseid fans. so his omega then should be as powerful as it is now.

Newjak
I'm saying that a Nova who admitted to being weaker than a Galactus herald was able to shield himself. Why wouldn't I believe AM could throw up a shield too? So you are saying HEralds greater than Galactus hmm

Sorry Val I had to do it stick out tongue

Emperor Ashtar
darkseid wasnt weaked by precrisis, thats what i hear from all the darkseid fans.

No

Validus
darkseid wasnt weaked by precrisis, thats what i hear from all the darkseid fans. so his omega then should be as powerful as it is now.
He wasn't weakened by Crisis but he was shown being erased from existence during Zero Hour.

Superherovandal
I'm gonna have to disagree about getting owned hard.
i agree with Symm. THe Sinestro Corps have the the power advantage in a landslide. AntiMonitor is wayy beyond Galactus and did you see what happened to the Wave when he was released?

Acrosurge
The G cannon destroyed a planet. Even Nova was able to shield himself when G got pissed. I'd give AM the nod on surviving. While that is true, the actual purpose of the Galactus weapon designed by Thanos was to create a universal extinction event. This is stated in Annihilation #4. While such a blast might not take out AM, it would take out the rest of the SC, IMO.

grey fox
While that is true, the actual purpose of the Galactus weapon designed by Thanos was to create a universal extinction event. This is stated in Annihilation #4. While such a blast might not take out AM, it would take out the rest of the SC, IMO.

You sure ? Because if so I doubt they'll be able to recharge it before someone tears it apart.

Newjak
You sure ? Because if so I doubt they'll be able to recharge it before someone tears it apart. That was the point the Galactus gun siphoned energy from planets which Annihilis was turning to make a universal bomb. the only way to stop it was to release Galactus stick out tongue

Validus
If he first has to siphon energy from planets than it might as well be useless in a direct fight.

Even then, Henshaw could just take over the tech and use it himself.

Acrosurge
That was the point the Galactus gun siphoned energy from planets which Annihilis was turning to make a universal bomb. the only way to stop it was to release Galactus stick out tongue Can you state a source for that? Annihilation #4 says plain and simple that Annihilus planned to detonate the Galactus Bomb in a universal extinction event. It says nothing about absorbing energy from planets to build up to the event. Destroying the allies' planet was a small glimpse of the weapon's power.

And the weapon could not simply be hijacked or dismantled. Thanos built the device from Galactus's very own technology and included safeguards manifested as some very nasty boobytraps. This was stated in Annihilation #5.

Newjak
If he first has to siphon energy from planets than it might as well be useless in a direct fight.

Even then, Henshaw could just take over the tech and use it himself. Um Thanos made it and Drax even makes the comment you do not want to mess with it because you never know what Thanos has booby trapped them with stick out tongue

It could Siphon energy from AM shifty

And they also had the Harvester of Sorrows another planet destroying weapon.

Newjak
Can you state a source for that? Annihilation #4 says plain and simple that Annihilus planned to detonate the Galactus Bomb in a universal extinction event. It says nothing about absorbing energy from planets to build up to the event. Destroying the allies' planet was a small glimpse of the weapon's power.

And the weapon could not simply be hijacked or dismantled. Thanos built in safeguards manifested as some very nasty boobytraps. This was stated in Annihilation #5. What that is what I said he was taking in energy to cause a universal explosion.

And Thanos said the only way to stop it was to free Galactus.

Acrosurge
What that is what I said he was taking in energy to cause a universal explosion. You seemed to think Annihilus would have to siphon energy away from planets before he could create the extinction event. That's the part I don't remember from the book.

Newjak
You seemed to think Annihilus would have to siphon energy away from planets before he could create the extinction event. That's the part I don't remember from the book. That what he did to the planet. Wasn't he using Galactus' own hunger as a weapon basically?

Acrosurge
That what he did to the planet. Wasn't he using Galactus' own hunger as a weapon basically? Perhaps it is semantics, but Annihilus was looking for the biological application of the Power Cosmic, in essence, to funnel as much of the PC as possible to do his bidding. To do this, he went right for the source, Galactus. Thanos's rig (built from Galactus's own technology) allowed him to access Galactus's PC while still keeping Galactus weak. In essence, the strength of the weapon was not dependent upon Galactus consuming planets. Galactus's hunger was merely the method of containment.

Newjak
Perhaps it is semantics, but Annihilus was looking for the biological application of the Power Cosmic, in essence, to funnel as much of the PC as possible to do his bidding. To do this, he went right for the source, Galactus. Thanos's rig allowed him to access Galactus's PC while still keeping Galactus weak. In essence, the strength of the weapon was not dependent upon Galactus consuming planets. Galactus's hunger was merely the method of containment. Pretty much his hunger was the weapon he just used it on a planet and it destroyed it but he also wanted to destroy all of the Universe. I think it was to please Death or something.

Acrosurge
Pretty much his hunger was the weapon he just used it on a planet and it destroyed it but he also wanted to destroy all of the Universe. I think it was to please Death or something. @_@ Right, don't be misleading. The Power Cosmic was the weapon. The Hunger was merely the method of containment/control.

Look at it this way. Galactus's hunger does not destroy planets. Galactus's hunger motivates him to destroy planets with the Power Cosmic (supplimented by technological devices when available to stave off the next feeding).

Thirdly, Annihilus says that he knows death, but he wanted to destroy the universe because he wants to be the only thing living. That does not please Death, according to the Thanos mini.

Sorry folks, way off topic here. Just trying to clear up some misconceptions.

Newjak
@_@ Right, don't be misleading. The Power Cosmic was the weapon. The Hunger was merely the method of containment/control.

Look at it this way. Galactus's hunger does not destroy planets. Galactus's hunger motivates him to destroy planets with the Power Cosmic (supplimented by technological devices when available to stave off the next feeding).

Thirdly, Annihilus says that he knows death, but he wanted to destroy the universe because he wants to be the only thing living. That does not please Death, according to the Thanos mini.

Sorry folks, way off topic here. Just trying to clear up some misconceptions. Ok I'm sure no one thought ti was just Galactus' hunger that was destroying planets it doesn't take much to know that Power Cosmic was involved. There is nothing misleading about it. It's common sense.

And I think you are right about the last one. About being the only person left hmm

Superherovandal
Yeah Cyborg would take over the Galactus Gun. IF he can take over portions of the source wall which have held countless poweful gods and promethian giants the galactus gun would be a cakewalk.

Rorschach
Bump.

Superherovandal
good point.... laughing you do know he was joking...that isn't Thano's potential at all...neither is the IG...or any powerup.

Superherovandal
Also couldn't AM just absorb the outputted energy of the Galactus Gun thereby making him even more powerful?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Superherovandal
you do know he was joking...that isn't Thano's potential at all...neither is the IG...or any powerup. u do know i was joking. its funny u responded to that comment a few months back.

Superherovandal
didn't look at the dates...i was flipping through the thread to see the arguments being illustrated...i like to see the points before i make my comments...unless the thread is like 10+ pages long.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Superherovandal
didn't look at the dates...i was flipping through the thread to see the arguments being illustrated...i like to see the points before i make my comments...unless the thread is like 10+ pages long. this thread is kinda old. but no worries. some of these threads i forget about as there are so many here.

Rorschach
Bumped since we've seen more of what the SC is capable of.

Gecko4lif
Anybody not think am solos?

Sirius77
To tell you the truth I think Ironman could beat 2-3 low level GLC by himself stick out tongue

Then you're on crack. big grin

Sirius77
So would Galactus hmm

Pre-Crisis Supes would rape Glactus...

Precrisis Superman flew so fast that he almost destroyed the multiverse.
Galactus actually notices Thor. Do the math.

Harry Fingerman
Originally posted by Sirius77
Pre-Crisis Supes would rape Glactus...

Precrisis Superman flew so fast that he almost destroyed the multiverse.
Galactus actually notices Thor. Do the math. no expression
Didn't know there was people that actually thought PC Supes would beat Galactus...

Anyway... didn't PC Supes get beat by Mongul...

Rorschach
Pre-Crisis Superman was beaten by several characters.

Harry Fingerman
Originally posted by Rorschach
Pre-Crisis Superman was beaten by several characters. I know... I just wanted to point out the one dimensional Mongul (in comparison to G at least).

Sirius77
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
no expression
Didn't know there was people that actually thought PC Supes would beat Galactus...

Anyway... didn't PC Supes get beat by Mongul...

Alot of characters were GREATLY reduced in power when the
first DC retcon happened.

Regardless PC Superman was still able to sneeze away solar systems,
blow out stars with his breath. pull a galaxy's worth of planets effortlessly as a child. And almost end existence by moving too fast.

Galactus is powerful, but against PC Superman, he'd loose.

Gecko4lif
Pc supes also had EVERY power.

id369
Wait does the Wave have Thanos and his alliances (The Fallen One, Skreet, pact withTenebrous and Aegis). Along with having Galactus (and Surfer I suppose), as a weapon?

Does S. Corp have Anti-Monitor?

Its not so much the numbers game in favor of D. Corp. I mean, the bulk amount of yellow ring users are mostly fodders. You have to remember how easily Nova Corp, and Skrulls got taken out. And keep in mind that, the heralds of G had trouble with single war ships from Annihilus.

Gecko4lif
lets not forget mongul is also a sc now

Photon009
The A-Wave wins easily. Annihilus with the Quantum Bands and some help from Terrax could take down Superman Prime. Thanos and Ravenous could take down of Sinestro and Cyborg Superman. Kyle got a hold of himself and is no longer Parallax so that's null here. The A-Wave bugs themself and the Centurions can take down the Manhunters and Sinestro Corp'ers, and Tenebrous and Aegis could take down the Anti-Monitor. End of story, Annihilation Wave wins this pretty solidly.

Estacado
Originally posted by Photon009
The A-Wave wins easily. Annihilus with the Quantum Bands and some help from Terrax could take down Superman Prime. Thanos and Ravenous could take down of Sinestro and Cyborg Superman. Kyle got a hold of himself and is no longer Parallax so that's null here. The A-Wave bugs themself and the Centurions can take down the Manhunters and Sinestro Corp'ers, and Tenebrous and Aegis could take down the Anti-Monitor. End of story, Annihilation Wave wins this pretty solidly.
Annihilus and Terrax would never beat SMP....Didn't you also say that Sentry could beat him?haermm

Phantom Zone
bump

Kris Blaze
Couldn't parallax solo? D:

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.