Cyber vs Midnighter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

endrict
MN'er has Adamantium Swords

Who wins?

grey fox
Cyber

guy222
Originally posted by endrict
MN'er has Adamantium Swords

Who wins?

cyber

Scoobless
Midnighter

srankmissingnin
Cyber 10/10

Jebus reborn
Midnight kicks his head off.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
Midnight kicks his head off.

wacko

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
wacko What?
I see no reason as to why that won't work.

Scoobless
What?
I see no reason as to why that won't work.

It's attached by adamantium skin.

MN would still win though, Cyber has exposed areas and can be strangled.

long pig
Originally posted by Scoobless

MN would still win though, Cyber has exposed areas and can be strangled.
No he doesn't. His only exposed area is 3 inches of his chin, and, for some reason, the writers gave him a healing factor which makes that weak spot....well, not so weak.

Soljer
Originally posted by long pig
No he doesn't. His only exposed area is 3 inches of his chin, and, for some reason, the writers gave him a healing factor which makes that weak spot....well, not so weak.

Meh, midnighter just waits for him to have a heart attack.

Jebus reborn
Ya I know.
Still not seeing how it doesn't come off in a kick.

long pig
Ya I know.
Still not seeing how it doesn't come off in a kick.
You'd be right if he was fighting Batman. He'd batkick that adamantium skin right the **** off ...hell, he'd kick it into another dimension. If he can almost knock out the Spectre with a kick, what chance does adamantium have?

Originally posted by Soljer
Meh, midnighter just waits for him to have a heart attack.
Dude, I think whoever gave Strange the ability to shoot concentrated gay from his fingertips must have also fashioned a rare metal of concentrated gay for Cyber's skin.

guy222
bumprav

jinzin
lolz @ this thread. Cyber ftw.

Scoobless
Still Midnighter.

psycho gundam
one scratch from cyber and midnighter is either seeing things that aren't there giving him a massive anxiety attack which leads to him getting beaten to death, or he gets a lethal dose of toxins that make him vomit his organs out.

his hallucinogenic toxin is uber powerful, it even works on logan

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by psycho gundam
one scratch from cyber and midnighter is either seeing things that aren't there giving him a massive anxiety attack which leads to him getting beaten to death, or he gets a lethal dose of toxins that make him vomit his organs out.

his hallucinogenic toxin is uber powerful, it even works on logan

Yeah, I should have removed that from the start....

llagrok
Cyber can't regrow eyes apparently.

carver9
cyber 10/10 and quite easily.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by carver9
cyber 10/10 and quite easily. Not really. Current Cyber doesn't appear to have any sigificant degree of healing factor. Current one can't even get over a heart condition. His older form had one which wasn't even anything to write home about either. He couldn't even regenerate an eye. That's how Wolverine sent him packing the first time Logan managed to win. Neither does his adamatium skin cover his jaw or throat. Wolverine choked Cyber in the past. And now that I see a few scans, does Cyber's adamantium skin actually cover the entirety of his face? Boneclaw Wolverine's slashed his forehead and drawn blood. Current Cyber's adamantium skin doesn't appear to be any different than his older one.

Either way. The poison laced claws are the only problem here. And Midnighter's enhancements would allow him to see that. Although Midnighter's advanced healing factor can cure AIDs and heal a massively lethal heroin dose... the poisons on Cyber can overcome Wolverine's healing factor and should overcome Midnighter's. But Midnighter can defeat Cyber. Tooth bullet through the eye, staff strike to collapse the windpipe, or simple punch through chin into his brain or into his vertebrae are all ways Midnighter could win this. Outcome of this battle simply depends on whether you think Midnighter's enhanced reflexes, speed and calculative abilities allow him to get a preemptive kill strike or whether he can dodge Cyber's claws long enough for him to perform a kill strike. I surely think he could:

Midnighter 8/10. At least.

Creshosk
http://wolverine.x-knights.com/pictures/cyber02.jpg

carver9
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Not really. Current Cyber doesn't appear to have any sigificant degree of healing factor. Current one can't even get over a heart condition. His older form had one which wasn't even anything to write home about either. He couldn't even regenerate an eye. That's how Wolverine sent him packing the first time Logan managed to win. Neither does his adamatium skin cover his jaw or throat. Wolverine choked Cyber in the past. And now that I see a few scans, does Cyber's adamantium skin actually cover the entirety of his face? Boneclaw Wolverine's slashed his forehead and drawn blood. Current Cyber's adamantium skin doesn't appear to be any different than his older one.

Either way. The poison laced claws are the only problem here. And Midnighter's enhancements would allow him to see that. Although Midnighter's advanced healing factor can cure AIDs and heal a massively lethal heroin dose... the poisons on Cyber can overcome Wolverine's healing factor and should overcome Midnighter's. But Midnighter can defeat Cyber. Tooth bullet through the eye, staff strike to collapse the windpipe, or simple punch through chin into his brain or into his vertebrae are all ways Midnighter could win this. Outcome of this battle simply depends on whether you think Midnighter's enhanced reflexes, speed and calculative abilities allow him to get a preemptive kill strike or whether he can dodge Cyber's claws long enough for him to perform a kill strike. I surely think he could:

Midnighter 8/10. At least.

Good post, I need to think on this one.

Creshosk
Remember boils and ghouls.. Cyber's throat is covered in adamantium.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Creshosk
Remember boils and ghouls.. Cyber's throat is covered in adamantium.

LukeCage has unbreakable skin too, but that didn't stop him from getting beaten into a coma.

carver9
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
LukeCage has unbreakable skin too, but that didn't stop him from getting beaten into a coma.

Unbreakable skin dont equal adamantium skin, two different thing.

Metalmanx

When was he beaten into a coma? Last I remember, he was caught in some huge explosion that put him into a coma.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Metalmanx
When was he beaten into a coma? Last I remember, he was caught in some huge explosion that put him into a coma.

Right, same thing.

Metalmanx
Right, same thing.

Errr...not really, but okay? confused

carver9
Its totally different. I cant remember cage being beaten up physically into a comma since his beginning. He basically absorbed the entire impact of that bomb to protect his girl and the baby. Thats far away from being physically beaten.

Metalmanx
Exactly.

P.S.--Why are we discussing Cage's durability again?

Scoobless
Exactly.

Because we're tired of talking about piano wires.

Duh

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Battlehammer
adamatium >>>>>>>>>>>>>Lukes skinn. Luke has titium level durability...........that nothing compared to adamatium

carver9
Exactly.

Because of this post

Scoobless
Originally posted by Battlehammer
adamatium >>>>>>>>>>>>>Lukes skinn. Luke has titium level durability...........that nothing compared to adamatium

I'm going to assume you meant titanium, even so, I've personally never seen Cage be cut by anything (not that I've read all of his appearances)

Have you? or are you just basing your comparison on your own opinion?

llagrok
I'm going to assume you meant titanium, even so, I've personally never seen Cage be cut by anything (not that I've read all of his appearances)

Have you? or are you just basing your comparison on your own opinion?

He is.

I believe Luke's skin has been pierced by adamantium needles or equipment? Not entirely sure. Either way there's a mooshy part which Midnighter can stab as much as he wants.

DigiMark007
MN'er has an adamantium sword(s). I really don't know enough about Cyber to have an opinion, but I would think that all the talk of adamantium skin would largely be negated by the swords that the thread-starter specified.

And is his skin entirely adamanitum? I always thought it was just flecked with adamantium, not a solid wall of adamn. skin.

OneDumbG0
^ It's covered with flexible pure adamantium. Wolverine could not cut through it with his adamantium claws. Personally, I don't think Midnighter could cut through it. There is debate whether his entire face and throat is covered though. Jinzin's respect thread has a scan of Cyber's forehead being slashed by boneclaw Wolverine and noticeably drawing blood. And someone mentioned that he doesn't have adamantium covering his windpipe and Wolverine was able to choke him. Granted, these were classic Cyber incarnations, but current Cyber doesn't seem to be noticeably different.

llagrok
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ It's covered with flexible pure adamantium. Wolverine could not cut through it with his adamantium claws. Personally, I don't think Midnighter could cut through it. There is debate whether his entire face and throat is covered though. Jinzin's respect thread has a scan of Cyber's forehead being slashed by boneclaw Wolverine and noticeably drawing blood. And someone mentioned that he doesn't have adamantium covering his windpipe and Wolverine was able to choke him. Granted, these were classic Cyber incarnations, but current Cyber doesn't seem to be noticeably different.

His eyes are also a weak spot.

Scoobless
Surely any part that looks like regular skin is just regular skin, otherwise it would look all metallic (like his arms)

And if the adamantium is as flexible as his skin (which it would have to be to allow movement) then choking isn't out of the question ... neither is crushing (if something heavy enough were to fall on him that is)

Soljer
Originally posted by DigiMark007
MN'er has an adamantium sword(s). I really don't know enough about Cyber to have an opinion, but I would think that all the talk of adamantium skin would largely be negated by the swords that the thread-starter specified.

I do not believe adamantium is capable of cutting adamantium.

Creshosk
I do not believe adamantium is capable of cutting adamantium. It's not.

Scoobless
I do not believe adamantium is capable of cutting adamantium.

It'd be like jamming a steel knife through a thin plate of steel (only a few levels tougher) ... you'd just have to be strong enough to get it through.

psycho gundam
It'd be like jamming a steel knife through a thin plate of steel (only a few level tougher) ... you'd just have to be strong enough to get it through. i don't think it works that way with adamantium, after all he fought wolverine many times and he has six adamantium knives that he can use pretty well and that never happened.

i just want to know if midnighter can survive the toxin and the hallucinogen? because those claws are soaked in that shit.

Scoobless
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i don't think it works that way with adamantium, after all he fought wolverine many times and he has six adamantium knives that he can use pretty well and that never happened.

I doubt Wolverine would be strong enough to do it. Also it would depend on how thick the layering of adamantium on Cyber was/is.

Creshosk
I doubt Wolverine would be strong enough to do it. Also it would depend on how thick the layering of adamantium on Cyber was/is. Wolverine can pierce the Hulk's skin... no expression

DigiMark007
Surely any part that looks like regular skin is just regular skin, otherwise it would look all metallic (like his arms)

And if the adamantium is as flexible as his skin (which it would have to be to allow movement) then choking isn't out of the question ... neither is crushing (if something heavy enough were to fall on him that is)

Interesting stuff. It seems a lot of this rides on the exact makeup of the adamantium skin. How flexible? Vulnerable to choking or crushing? Entire skin or in parts?

Wish we knew a bit more definitively. Otherwise, this is a healthy amount of speculation.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.