Superman v.s Orion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rufus T Firefly
Who Wins?

guy222
Originally posted by Rufus T Firefly
Who Wins?

supes

TricksterPriest
Orion.

SpunkySmurph
Well, this is original... none180

Soljer
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Well, this is original... none180

Agreed.

quanchi112
superman wins.

Rufus T Firefly
i spent 20 minutes argueing this over with trick, seeing what the majority says

long pig
Orion is way, way more powerful, probably stronger, has a Lobo-like healing factor and can be more durable. Superman's punches won't do much because of Orion's shield, healing and already superman-eaque durability, Superman's heat vision won't work because Orion can absorb any type of energy with either his harness or MB. His AF can alter reality a bit as well.

Also, his mother-box can create kryptonite radiation, create illusions, manipulate time and can mess with Superman's mind. He's fast enough to react to anything Superman can do, so blitzing is out.
Orion can one shot Superman, Superman can't one shot Orion. Also, the AF is magic, so Superman is indeed vulnerable to its affects.

Not that it wouldn't be a hard fight, but Orion wins 7/10.

As for their previous fights, Orion admitted that a full AF blast would kill Superman, so he held back. Even holding back he managed to stalemate Superman while still only using less than 1% of his powerset.

quanchi112
Originally posted by long pig
Orion is way, way more powerful, probably stronger, has a Lobo-like healing factor and can be more durable. Superman's punches won't do much because of Orion's shield, healing and already superman-eaque durability, Superman's heat vision won't work because Orion can absorb any type of energy with either his harness or MB. His AF can alter reality a bit as well.

Also, his mother-box can create kryptonite radiation, create illusions, manipulate time and can mess with Superman's mind. He's fast enough to react to anything Superman can do, so blitzing is out.
Orion can one shot Superman, Superman can't one shot Orion. Also, the AF is magic, so Superman is indeed vulnerable to its affects.

Not that it wouldn't be a hard fight, but Orion wins 7/10.

As for their previous fights, Orion admitted that a full AF blast would kill Superman, so he held back. Even holding back he managed to stalemate Superman while still only using less than 1% of his powerset. have u ever seen superman beat darkseid up, becuz to my knowledge even though orion will kill darkseid in the end darkseid is stil greater than orion. superman wins this 7 outta 10.

lionking
wow i did not think Orion was that powerful.

so i guess when surfer beat Orion it was a good showing

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by quanchi112
have u ever seen superman beat darkseid up, becuz to my knowledge even though orion will kill darkseid in the end darkseid is stil greater than orion. superman wins this 7 outta 10.

Gasp. It's all I can say. You are the worst when it comes to the new Gods. you know nothing. do you remember when the star conqueror took over earth? Superman's MIGHTIEST blows wouldn't even make it flinch. Orion was the only one who could hurt it on the JLA. Now just stop please.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by lionking

That was a mess. NO mother box and no AF fired either.

quanchi112
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Gasp. It's all I can say. You are the worst when it comes to the new Gods. you know nothing. do you remember when the star conqueror took over earth? Superman's MIGHTIEST blows wouldn't even make it flinch. Orion was the only one who could hurt it on the JLA. Now just stop please. i remember when superman beat the crap outta darkseid. multiple times. superman pissed of beats down his son worse than when he beat down orions father. superman 7 outta 10 times.

charlemagne9746
i remember when superman beat the crap outta darkseid. multiple times. superman pissed of beats down his son worse than when he beat down orions father. superman 7 outta 10 times.

dude...a non jobbing..well written Orion could probably **** Thanos up.

quanchi112
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
dude...a non jobbing..well written Orion could probably **** Thanos up. not a chance. orion couldnt hang with silver surfer...silver surfer is thanos's *****...jus becuz orion is slated to kill darkseid one day doesnt mean he could do shit to thanos

Symmetric Chaos
have u ever seen superman beat darkseid up, becuz to my knowledge even though orion will kill darkseid in the end darkseid is stil greater than orion. superman wins this 7 outta 10.

ABC logic = fail

quanchi112
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
ABC logic = fail superman is twice as successful as orion and done more than he can ever dream of. superman wins. he wins a majority easily.

Symmetric Chaos
superman is twice as successful as orion and done more than he can ever dream of. superman wins. he wins a majority easily.

But when we look at the character's ability to fight we get a better result.

charlemagne9746
not a chance. orion couldnt hang with silver surfer...silver surfer is thanos's *****...jus becuz orion is slated to kill darkseid one day doesnt mean he could do shit to thanos

doesn't mean Thanos can do shit to Orion either. AF for the win

quanchi112
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
But when we look at the character's ability to fight we get a better result. yes supermans a badass in dc. there is no question about that. we look at powers and character history to determine what they are capabale of. we dont jus look at powersets. we look at everything. supes for the vast majority!!!!!

quanchi112
doesn't mean Thanos can do shit to Orion either. AF for the win thanos would snap him in hlaf. prion couldnt hang with odin or tyrant. he would get one shotted. thanos would utterly demolish him. anywas thats nbot the thread supes for the win.

charlemagne9746
thanos would snap him in hlaf. prion couldnt hang with odin or tyrant. he would get one shotted. thanos would utterly demolish him. anywas thats nbot the thread supes for the win.

A full blown AF blast could one shot Thanos and Superman

quanchi112
A full blown AF blast could one shot Thanos and Superman thanos could deter the astro force and the oemga effect. hell superman just uses his heat vision on the omeag effect. not as powerful as previously thought of.

charlemagne9746
Thanos will not deflect or deter the AF.

Jebus reborn
A full blown AF blast could one shot Thanos and Superman Good thing CIS in in effect...

quanchi112
Thanos will not deflect or deter the AF. which is superior in ur mind the omega effect or the astro force?

charlemagne9746
OE

quanchi112
OE did superman stop the oe in apokolips now with heat vision? so yes thanos easily stops the lesser weaker astro force.

charlemagne9746
did superman stop the oe in apokolips now with heat vision? so yes thanos easily stops the lesser weaker astro force.

you don't know if Thanos can stop it. I don't think he could.

quanchi112
you don't know if Thanos can stop it. I don't think he could. yeah heat vision is one of the most powerful things in all the comic universes. laughing that stopped it. laughing

charlemagne9746
it hasn't always stopped it. If Drax can punch through Thanos' chest...then, Thanos is goin' down to the OE.

quanchi112
it hasn't always stopped it. If Drax can punch through Thanos' chest...then, Thanos is goin' down to the OE. drax was changed up for the story and was made to kill thanos. supermans heat vision wasnt made to stop darkseids omega effect but it did. plus drax cheapshotted him while supes didnt cheapshot ds. it was a fair fight in which darkseid got whomped on.

charlemagne9746
drax was changed up for the story and was made to kill thanos. supermans heat vision wasnt made to stop darkseids omega effect but it did. plus drax cheapshotted him while supes didnt cheapshot ds. it was a fair fight in which darkseid got whomped on.

cheapshot or not...Thanos goes down to the OE.

Deathstroke
Why is it that some kind of Thanos vs. Darkseid debate must make an appearance in every thread?

starking
Originally posted by Deathstroke
Why is it that some kind of Thanos vs. Darkseid debate must make an appearance in every thread? Because a certain troll, allows such to happen.

quanchi112
dude...a non jobbing..well written Orion could probably **** Thanos up. look i didnt bring thanos up first.

long pig
Orion has beaten Darksied before, twice I think (in the source wall and he then escaped the source wall) and he did it legitimately, unlike Superman who did it a comic where 99.9999999% of people who read comics consider it a non-canon jerkfest.

Originally posted by lionking

Orion didn't use a single one of his powers. He went at Surfer like Hulk goes at Surfer, and unless you're Thanos(who goes at Surfer like Hulk, h2hing him and always wins somehow), going at Surfer like Hulk will get you obliterated. But, I don't think he'd beat Surfer the majority, but he'd put up one hell of a fight. Much better a fight than Superman would ever be able to give.

long pig
which is superior in ur mind the omega effect or the astro force?
DS said himself that the AF has superior or at least equal destructive power. He once made a remark where he said that "Although Orion is supposed to be the "hero", I find it odd that his weapon for "good" can only destroy anything it touches.".

quanchi112
superman has beaten far more impressive beings than orion. supes still takes this 70 percent of the time.

long pig
Superman is D.C's biggest seller and D.C's writer's favorite character, so of course he'd be shown doing obscenely stupid things and given an obscene benefits of doubt. Marvel is the same with Wolverine but no one considers all his feats as the truth because his powers don't say he can take a Nuke and in KMC, there is no PIS or fanboy writers.

The irrefutable fact is Orion is, by far, the more powerful, the better fighter and the more versitile of the two.

starking
Superman is D.C's biggest seller and D.C's writer's favorite character, so of course he'd be shown doing obscenely stupid things and given an obscene benefits of doubt. Marvel is the same with Wolverine but no one considers all his feats as the truth because his powers don't say he can take a Nuke and in KMC, there is no PIS or fanboy writers.

The irrefutable fact is Orion is, by far, the more powerful, the better fighter and the more versitile of the two. THANK YOU. I've been telling him that, forever.

long pig
I mean, technically, he's even stronger than Superman....by lightyears if we go by shown/implied post/pre crisis strength feats.

quanchi112
so supermans whole history doesnt count becuz hes dc main character. i think not. that makes no sense. supes would bloody him up so bad no mother box could fix him.

starking
so supermans whole history doesnt count becuz hes dc main character. i think not. that makes no sense. supes would bloody him up so bad no mother box could fix him. No, when Superman does something, BEYOND his powerset, then it's bullshit, that doesn't translate, to Kmc.

quanchi112
Originally posted by starking
No, when Superman does something, BEYOND his powerset, then it's bullshit, that doesn't translate, to Kmc. superman is one badass. he beat darkseid down and went toe to oe and blow for blow with doomsday. supes is a badass and there is no denying that.

starking
superman is one badass. he beat darkseid down and went toe to oe and blow for blow with doomsday. supes is a badass and there is no denying that. Then he could defeat Thanos no expression

quanchi112
Originally posted by starking
Then he could defeat Thanos no expression why do u keep bringing up thanos
enough that isnt the thread. thanos would crush superman. superman would beat down orion.

long pig
so supermans whole history doesnt count becuz hes dc main character. i think not. that makes no sense. supes would bloody him up so bad no mother box could fix him.
Most of his feats are fine, but it's when fanboy writers get a hold of him and make him out to be a god..that's when feats get dismissed.

Superman beating DS in Superman/Batman= Dismissed. Just like how Batman, in the same comic, beat Grundy & Shiva both at once by h2h fighting them is dismissed.

Superman beating anyone under high herald level power is acceptable. Beating a skyfather like DS is unacceptable.

Orion's powers boarder on the skyfather level, his blasts most definitely are skyfather level in destructive power. Do you realize Orion, after unleashing the full power of the AF, matched the power of a universe-destroying blast?

Skeets
Superman Murders Orion,don't listen to LP's rants.
Orion is second tier AF or no AF.

Rick/Genis
What does AF stand for? Oh, shit. AllFather

Nevermind, thanks..

long pig
Originally posted by Skeets
Superman Murders Orion,don't listen to LP's rants.
Orion is second tier AF or no AF.
You say "AF or no AF" like there ever was a time he didn't have the AF. It shows the lack of knowledge you have of the character.

long pig
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
What does AF stand for? Oh, shit. AllFather

Nevermind, thanks..
AllFather wouldn't make any sense, so he must of meant astro force.

Rick/Genis
AllFather wouldn't make any sense, so he must of meant astro force. Aw man. I was even wrong with my assumtion sad

quanchi112
Most of his feats are fine, but it's when fanboy writers get a hold of him and make him out to be a god..that's when feats get dismissed.

Superman beating DS in Superman/Batman= Dismissed. Just like how Batman, in the same comic, beat Grundy & Shiva both at once by h2h fighting them is dismissed.

Superman beating anyone under high herald level power is acceptable. Beating a skyfather like DS is unacceptable.

Orion's powers boarder on the skyfather level, his blasts most definitely are skyfather level in destructive power. Do you realize Orion, after unleashing the full power of the AF, matched the power of a universe-destroying blast? no i say ur wrong...superman in apokoilps now beat down ds and rightfully so he was more motivated and his back was agaisnt the wall. supes with his back against the wall is capable of amazing things. ds lost to him more than once...it stands it counts.

Jebus reborn
I mean, technically, he's even stronger than Superman....by lightyears if we go by shown/implied post/pre crisis strength feats. Can you give one lifting feat to support this?

quanchi112
supes for the win...still

G-Mafia
Superman wins IMO

quanchi112
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
Can you give one lifting feat to support this? im sure he cant

UniOmni
Can you give one lifting feat to support this?

Orion tore himself out of the Source Wall, Superman didn't?

Aside from that, they've never presented Superman as explicitly stronger/weaker than Orion.

I'd say the alien likely is, since strength is his trademark, but i doubt it's by a significant degree.

And Orion can win a majority, but in a comic likely wouldn't win a head on fight.

Aside from Darky, the NG just don't get love like that. They're better off than the Eternals over in Marvel, but still not a list.

Right now, Superman has a major push driving him(taking down Despy and BlackRock), and Orion is getting handled by Firestorm.

Just two different degrees of respect from the writers.

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by UniOmni
Orion tore himself out of the Source Wall, Superman didn't?

Aside from that, they've never presented Superman as explicitly stronger/weaker than Orion.

I'd say the alien likely is, since strength is his trademark, but i doubt it's by a significant degree.

And Orion can win a majority, but in a comic likely wouldn't win a head on fight.

Aside from Darky, the NG just don't get love like that. They're better off than the Eternals over in Marvel, but still not a list.

Right now, Superman has a major push driving him(taking down Despy and BlackRock), and Orion is getting handled by Firestorm.

Just two different degrees of respect from the writers. I'm actually talking about a lifting feat, since Thanos needed one in order to prove he was in Superman's range, and here, Orion is stronger even though he doesn't have any really.

It was kind of a towards one member, to answer.

Plus... that wasn't a lifting feat.

quanchi112
superman has more fights in his favor and more feats in all regards than orion. he alos beaten the shit outta darkseid rather badly.

Superherovandal
not as badly as you are making it out to be.

quanchi112
supes wins 7 of ten , i dont think he curbstomps him but he has the expereince and the guts to beat orion 7 of ten

Superherovandal
no he doesn't imo. Orion is a much better fighter, is at least in supes range of strength, he's a better healer and therefore can take much more and is more versatile due to his harness and mother box. he wins 7-8/10

quanchi112
Originally posted by Superherovandal
no he doesn't imo. Orion is a much better fighter, is at least in supes range of strength, he's a better healer and therefore can take much more and is more versatile due to his harness and mother box. he wins 7-8/10 superman stopped the omega beams in their tracks then physically mauled darkseid. superman is just to much for old orion. how long would orion have lasted against doomsday alos. not long at all.

TricksterPriest
superman stopped the omega beams in their tracks then physically mauled darkseid. superman is just to much for old orion. how long would orion have lasted against doomsday alos. not long at all.

That feat of supes stopping the OE is massive PIS. roll eyes (sarcastic) And that entire issue is almost as bad.

Orion's AF has on-panel feats of nearly killing Supes at low power. He's going down. stick out tongue

And btw? Thanos would have had a hell of a time taking out Doomsday as well. Hell, Gog Wars Doomsday would mutilate Thanos.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
That feat of supes stopping the OE is massive PIS. roll eyes (sarcastic) And that entire issue is almost as bad.

Orion's AF has on-panel feats of nearly killing Supes at low power. He's going down. stick out tongue

And btw? Thanos would have had a hell of a time taking out Doomsday as well. Hell, Gog Wars Doomsday would mutilate Thanos. u speculate alot dont u. when i used canon sources....superman beating ds down has happened so many times in a row. its canon anyways and ur not a writer so ur opinion as to what is canon and what isnt doesnt matter. thanos would beat any version of doomsday. but if u want to know what happens if darkseid runs into doomsday u dont have to specluate just read hunter and prey.

long pig
Can you give one lifting feat to support this?
Haha.

He has more than Thanos does, that's for sure. He shook the the entire world of apokalips with a two handed smash before.

Jebus reborn
Haha.

He has more than Thanos does, that's for sure. He shook the the entire world of apokalips with a two handed smash before. Is that a lifting feat?

long pig
Is that a lifting feat?
It's....a reverse lifting feat......maybe...

You can't use the same tactic against me as I used against you. It's not fair and it hurts my feelings a little bit.

SpunkySmurph
Is that a lifting feat? You don't lift with your fists? none180

quanchi112
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
You don't lift with your fists? none180 laughing punching feat?

a88378438
superman easily

Bentley
I approve Quanchi recognizing Superman's above skyfather level.

leonidas
heh. thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
I approve Quanchi recognizing Superman's above skyfather level. Superman is an elite top tier who can go slightly above like most heroes such as Hulk, Thor, Black Adam.

kbclassof09
Hey Long Pig do you have a scan of Orion supposedly shaking apokolips with a two handed punch?

Desaad
Combat feats are all that really matter, and it's not about the number but the average. OF COURSE Superman is going to have a greater number of feats than a character who has 1/100th his appearances, most of which are guest.

He's got bigger feats than anyone he has ever been defeated by, to.

carver9
Superman wins.

Prep-Man
Orion.

mace11
Orion is more powerful then superman and orion was beaten by the way silver surfer in that crossover by the way.

One Big Mob
I miss that age of KMC. Tricky P still posted, Guy and Long Pig were still alive. Soljier and Sym posted. Carver didn't post much yet, and quite frankly, no one even heard of him. Quan debated comics. Redatom had his little team. Nvr was in his nvr persona and hadn't altered his personality yet. Just in this thread too. There were others outside it.

DarkSaint85
Maybe they're all back. Even Jakethebank. Truly, an Easter miracle.

abhilegend
Originally posted by mace11
Orion is more powerful then superman and orion was beaten by the way silver surfer in that crossover by the way.
Is he now?

mace11
Orion vs superman
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/orion-vs-superman-563484/

Originally posted by abhilegend
Is he now?

Yes he is.

abhilegend
Originally posted by mace11
Orion vs superman
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/orion-vs-superman-563484/

Yes he is.
Based on what?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.