Pirates4 supposedly confirmed...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tee_pirategirl
I came across this and a few other articles. I know we've all heard it being confirmed but this was the first to actually tell us something about the plot.

CinemaBlend got word from a scooper that "Pirates of the Caribbean 4" is definitely on and will focus more on Johnny Depp's character, Jack Sparrow. Here is what the scooper had to say:

"the ending of Pirates 3, the fountain of youth story might not be the only story they might use for the next pirates film. The fountain story could be used in another form to introduce the story for Pirates 4... the next film might be a departure from the same formula of the last three movies as well, meaning that Jerry Bruckheimer could be planning to enter the realm of Science Fiction this time around and it could be the heart of a new trilogy with Jack Sparrow and his crew of misfits. Some of the brainstorming going around involves some Jules Verne type of scenarios involving some pretty big flying machines, a man who wants to rule more than just the ocean, an encounter with the most famous and dangerous pirate of all, a race to get to a lost world (Hint, Hint) and Jack and his crew going to where no pirate has gone before. (No, its not space but Disney had made animated movie about this place before with Michael J. Fox voicing one of the characters)."

I'm guessing that the scooper is referring to Michael J. Fox's "Atlantis: The Lost Empire," which means that Jack Sparrow could be searching for the lost world of Atlantis.

The scooper also added that Johnny Depp will definitely return for a fourth installment, but so will Geoffrey Rush and director Gore Verbinski.

I found this interesting because on the charts we see the blades of herculis. I'm a mythology buff and if you're like me you would know that the blades are a sybological gateway to Atlantis. Meaning this article is either true or the people writing it have looked very carefully into the details.

Jaeh_JediPirate
*shrieks* YAY! YES YES YES YES YES! WOOHOO! TOTALLY GOOD NEWS! I KNEW IT! YES! WOOHOO! OH YEAH! ALRIGHT!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!

*coughs*

AWEsome news. looking forward to the fourth movie. smile

IheartPocky
o0o0o Gore.

ilovejack92
yes, but i also read that orlando bloom will not be returning for a 4th movie because he is going on to do stage acting somewhere else...it may not be true though...if it is, i would be sad.

AudioHeart
Originally posted by Jaeh_JediPirate
*shrieks* YAY! YES YES YES YES YES! WOOHOO! TOTALLY GOOD NEWS! I KNEW IT! YES! WOOHOO! OH YEAH! ALRIGHT!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!

*coughs*

AWEsome news. looking forward to the fourth movie. smile

Yup, that just about sums it up laughing out loud

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

IM SOO HYPER RIIIGHT NOWWWWW

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG WOO HOO

PART-AY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Dance Happy Dance eek! eek! big grin big grin eek! laughing

Jaeh_JediPirate
rum mate! *brings out bottles* Take what you can, give nothing back! *cheers, and drinks*

aww! orli ain't gonna be there?! awwwwwwww.... though he plays the whelp, i like him... too bad.. hope it ain't true.. erm

tee_pirategirl
Yeah I heard that he was going to do stage acting too. I'll be really missing him and Keira if they stop acting. Why? Why would they do that? Because they're both a lumix. Well we shall have another great pirate movie and they're not invited.

It's just not going to be same if they bring in new people. A new whelp and a new girl too? Hope they don't find a love interest for Jack or anything because now that he's off on an adventure I would rather just see Barbossa and him sailin' off and acting like grannies again.

I really really hope Will and Liz are back! It won't be the same without them.

T.Maria
orli is in my part of england doing some stage acting...hes never done it before so he wanted to try it lol smile

And apparently keira is also helpin her mum (who is a script writer for stage) with a stage project (but not acting) to take a break of acting for a bit.

Dont blame them for wanting to try something new smile But to be honest, i think that IF the writers wrote will and liz into the script on the off chance and they sent it to the actors...i rekon that if the script was good enough, they could be tempted...

I will really miss them if they're not there sad it wouldnt be the same if they werent in it...

tee_pirategirl
I know! Me too! But it's cool that they're trying out some new stuff. Maybe after helping her mum Keira will have a find a new passion for writing scripts and offer to help out with P4 and help all of us Sparrabeth fans out!

Jaeh_JediPirate
TRUE! its cool they try new stuff, but that doesn't mean you have to turn your back on the old stuff you're doing...

To Freedom
YAY! More adventures of Captain Jack! But I do hope the script will be tighter and not have too many fantastical elements. I want more character development.

I don't want to see Orlando Bloom in the movie. Johnny Depp's the reason POTC became a trilogy. As for Keira, she's just a prima donna *****. I don't want to see her either.

Bwa Ha Ha
lol To Freedom, what diverse views lol

!!tangerines!!
i dont think they could really make another one without Keira and Orlando. It wouldnt be POTC without them. (even more without Johnny but hes doing it anyway).....
... hope that made sense
blink

Jaeh_JediPirate
well, without Keira and Orli, it would be diff, true, but they could make it. without Johnny, no chance.

I still vote for keira and orli to be there though! and their kid!

tee_pirategirl
Yeah me too! It just wouldn't be the same.

I have nothing against new characters. I love them but that doesn't mean the old ones should leave.

The new characters should come in and do new things not replace what the old ones used to do.

Jaeh_JediPirate
true.

the 'old' ones are great; they've already touched our hearts and will always be there... (oops.. too poetic.. big grin)

tee_pirategirl
LOL!! Poetic...but true.

To Freedom
I am so sick of the Will/Liz story. Pur-lease!!!! No More!!!!!!!!!

Everyone knows that POTC became trilogy becos' of Johnny Depp/Jack Sparrow. Jerry B said "He's the man." (MTV Movie Awards 2007) Even Disney acknowledged that. Movie critics don't care about the Will/Liz blandness either. So why the hell will Disney revive the triangle?

POTC 4 should be about Jack's adventures. For romance, throw in two new loves (not the strumpets, he's too good for those!). Let two leading ladies compete for Jack for once!

MrsCoraPoe
^^^ I agree with almost everything you had to say. The Will/Liz pairing was rather bland since CotBP. After DMC Jack/Lizzie became the couple. AWE delivered a crappy Will/Liz ending. I seriously doubt Disney will resurrect Sparrabeth for POTC4. She is pregnant and married. Let's not forget this is a Disney movie after all.

Imho, Jack loves Lizzie. Whether or not she loves him it's another matter. However, at this point the series shouldn't introduce another love interest for Jack. He shouldn't be afiliated with the strumpets either.

POTC4 should keep Jack in his 'Bugs Bunny/Pepe-le-Pew' persona. If they want an element of romance in POTC4 they should bring in another couple but leave Jack out of a love triangle.

tee_pirategirl
Originally posted by MrsCoraPoe
^^^ I agree with almost everything you had to say. The Will/Liz pairing was rather bland since CotBP. After DMC Jack/Lizzie became the couple. AWE delivered a crappy Will/Liz ending. I seriously doubt Disney will resurrect Sparrabeth for POTC4. She is pregnant and married. Let's not forget this is a Disney movie after all.

Imho, Jack loves Lizzie. Whether or not she loves him it's another matter. However, at this point the series shouldn't introduce another love interest for Jack. He shouldn't be afiliated with the strumpets either.

POTC4 should keep Jack in his 'Bugs Bunny/Pepe-le-Pew' persona. If they want an element of romance in POTC4 they should bring in another couple but leave Jack out of a love triangle.

I agree with you 100%. Totally and completely. In COTBP the whole WE relationship and just the little funny bits with Jack and Elizabeth (like "It would never have worked between us darling...I'm sorry."wink were cute. I didn't feel cheated that JE didn't happen...not much

I don't think they should bring a love interest in for Jack either cause that would be out of character for him. It's fine that they made him have feelings (love or lust or whatever)for Elizabeth once.

If they go around and make him fall in love numerous times they'll just destroy Jack's character. The fun thing about Jack's character was that he's a trickster, didn't have much feelings for anyone but himself (and the Pearl..and rum) and it was great to watch him fall for Elizabeth. Go against his nature.

Maybe I'm such a JE shipper that I can't see Jack with anyone else...even if Elizabeth is with someone else. I don't want them to pretend in #4 that Will and Elizabeth didn't even exist.

CaptinJackLover
Originally posted by tee_pirategirl
I agree with you 100%. Totally and completely. In COTBP the whole WE relationship and just the little funny bits with Jack and Elizabeth (like "It would never have worked between us darling...I'm sorry."wink were cute. I didn't feel cheated that JE didn't happen...not much

I don't think they should bring a love interest in for Jack either cause that would be out of character for him. It's fine that they made him have feelings (love or lust or whatever)for Elizabeth once.

If they go around and make him fall in love numerous times they'll just destroy Jack's character. The fun thing about Jack's character was that he's a trickster, didn't have much feelings for anyone but himself (and the Pearl..and rum) and it was great to watch him fall for Elizabeth. Go against his nature.

Maybe I'm such a JE shipper that I can't see Jack with anyone else...even if Elizabeth is with someone else. I don't want them to pretend in #4 that Will and Elizabeth didn't even exist.

yeah your right. i mean since theyve gone through with will and liz they have to keep it that way...no matter how much i despise it smile

and Jack most definately cannot be with anyone eslse. theyve proven he doesnt need or want anyone to love except those two lovely slapping whores...so he needs to fly solo like the original Captain Jack Sparrow that never cared

tee_pirategirl
Don't get me wrong! It would be AWEsome if they brought Lizzie back and gave us just a few JE moments. I just don't think that will happen (as much as I would love it for Lizzie and the kid to go on an adventure with Jack during the ten years, just for a while and just have some fun moments together)...too soap opra like.

I love the whole 'Atlantis' idea though. Not so sure about the flying machine idea.

~LunaLoveG~
thats stupid. SILLY DISNEY AND THEIR MONEY HUNGRINESS eek

but then again

the return of good ole jack'd be cool

ivebeendepped43
^^true true! omg i love your siggy/avvy!!! Luna rox!! and so does Evanna!

tee_pirategirl
I LOVE Luna! In one of her interviews J.K.Rowling said that Luna's one of her fave characters! I love her wierdness...

Ok! Sorry for off topicness...I'm just an HP fan big grin

CaptinJackLover
luna is the best! i dont get why people find her weird..shes just..different...big grin

MrsCoraPoe

^^^ You mean that Jack and Elizabeth didn't even exist. Right? wink Oh how I wish they would have made it so that Will and Elizabeth didn't exist! laughing out loud

I know what you mean about feeling cheated out of Sparrabeth. I wasn't a 100% Sparrabeth shipper until DMC. I didn't give a rat's ass about Will and Elizabeth in CotBP because they were just too blah. Jack/Lizzie were merely implied in CotBP. The deleted scenes were very revealing of the chemistry between them, but since they didn't make it into the finished product we had to dismiss them from the POTC cannon. With what was left in the final cut of CotBP there was a hint of something between JE here and there, but nothing more.

After DMC came out I was certain POTC would take a drastic turn toward a fantastic J/E ending. All one had to do was listen to the DMC DVD writers' commentary. I listened to the commentary with the subtitles turned on (so I could follow the plot of the movie while simultaneously listening to what Rossio and Elliott had to say about it). It was, IMO, quite enlightening. The writers revealed a lot about Jack's feelings for Elizabeth and vice versa, but you had to listen to the commentary throughout the entire movie, not just the JE scenes.

If you look at the merchandising they released for DMC, and AWE, anyone would reasonably imagine Jack/Elizabeth would end up together. To the best of my knowledge Jack and Lizzie are the only couple in Disney movie history to be packaged together who don't end up together. That is completely unprecedented! There was a combo toy set of JE which was released for DMC. There was also a more recent huge gigantic JE combo set released for AWE. To the best of my knowledge there isn't one of Will and Elizabeth.

It pisses me off that the writers and powers that be lead us to believe in something only to pull the rug from under us at the last minute. It's like being promised filet mignon only to get fatty hamburger meat in the end mad

CaptinJackLover
Originally posted by MrsCoraPoe
^^^ You mean that Jack and Elizabeth didn't even exist. Right? wink Oh how I wish they would have made it so that Will and Elizabeth didn't exist! laughing out loud

I know what you mean about feeling cheated out of Sparrabeth. I wasn't a 100% Sparrabeth shipper until DMC. I didn't give a rat's ass about Will and Elizabeth in CotBP because they were just too blah.

It pisses me off that the writers and powers that be lead us to believe in something only to pull the rug from under us at the last minute. It's like being promised filet mignon only to get fatty hamburger meat in the end mad

AMEN SISTA!

IheartPocky
If they made an alternate ending or extended edition maybe some people would be happier? But I know most won't cause they wanted Sparrabeth to be the real ending. But maybe if we all just watched the alternate and tried to ignore the real one?? big grin

CaptinJackLover
eh im not so sure that would work...i was FULL ON JE...and that image of EW wont go away...its so EW blegh

!!tangerines!!
hehe get it EW! lol

CaptinJackLover
lol!

btw i loove ur name lol big grin

!!tangerines!!
what? tangerines??

To Freedom
I don't want to see another Will/Liz couple in POTC 4! BORING...

I really don't mind Jack having two women competing for him (not strumpets). And I think he should have his ship, his rum and his woman and that POTC 4 should be the be all and end all.

!!tangerines!!
i thought that AWE was supposed to be that.

sparrowlady68
I want to see more Jack Sparrow.I want him to find himself a lady and marry her and have kids with her. big grin

!!tangerines!!
can you seriously imagine him with a wife and kids??

tee_pirategirl
I'm sorry but I can't see him with a family...I think that would be against his character.

As I said maybe this is me being overly JE but I feel that if they find another girl for Jack that they would be cheating us out of JE and forcing the new coupling on us.

But I just want our Jackie to be totally happy in the next...not in a cheesy way though...don't wanna ruin the whole franchise or anything.

Give the man his rum and his ship and if he REALLY wants a wench give him a wench. Get him into some sticky situation and let him talk himself out of it. Lots of adventure and Jackness is good...

But I would really hate it if it was rip off of the three other movies. Just repeating the pattern and everything.

Don't want them to just forget JE and how Elizabeth felt about Jack or even WE for that matter...the relationship happened and they can't just make the fourth without ever mentioning the two of them and Jack's interaction with them...they should at least be mentioned.

potcfan2003
A random thought: I love the idea someone on a another thread brought up- THat Jack has a kid, and Will and Liz's kid falls in love with Jack's kid. That would be awesome. kinda a romeo and juliet thing going on.

potcfan2003
Who said Jack has to be married? Maybe he could find a girl on an Island, or his dad could have a girl kid and then his dad could die and leave the girl to Jack...

tee_pirategirl
good idea. big grin I've read A LOT of fan fictions like that so the idea is a bit used to me...but if it's done right I'm ALL for it. I hope T&T write it though cause they are the only ones who can make an idea look unique and exciting.

Sure I had some complaints about them in AWE but...they're still brilliant.

oo-la-la-Julia
i dont understand wat evr happend to the fact that Jack is mysteriously united with his long-lost daughter!

miss_swann
Erm.. well a lot of people *coughsparrabehterscough* wanted to be said daughter and well... I think if disney actually cast that part they may need to put the actress in the witness protection program.

I don't want Jack to be with anyone, he's too anti-comitment to be with anyone! That's part of the reason I hated JE because I thought OK she can have Jack who quite frankly probably, possibly, most likely has a woman in every port OR she can have Will.... the end. And Jack's just too cool! on his own!

lovethemtigers
^^^See, this is what really upsets me...why does Jack have to seen as that....the thing that made J/e so fascinating was to think that the ever-elusive Jack sparrow was finally captured, that someone had got to his heart....someone who could match him wit for wit....

I guess I'm such a historical romance junkie..I love those stories were the womanizing rogue meets the spitfire who finally captures his heart and he no longer wants to find comfort in many different woman's arm, only that one woman can satisfy him now...and that's what made the j/e story possibility so exciting....and so much more interesting than marrying your childhood crush..boring with a captial "B" "O" "R" "I" "N" "G"

To Freedom
^^Spot ON, Tigers! Totally totally spot on! It's so sexy when a wild, freedom-loving fella finally gets conquered by someone who's also adept at his game! I think secretly, those of us gals who love bad boys have the fantasy of taming them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.