Darkseid vs Penance Stare

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
Ghost Rider ended up in the DCU for a few years and eventually runs up on Darkseid. He threatens to make Darkseid pay for his sin and the pain he's inflicted. So being arrogant as he always is he tells Ghost Rider to do his worst and allows him one free attack!

He chooses to use the Penance Stare. How will Darkseid respond to it when fully exposed to it?

Entity
Aww come on now. NOBODY'S gonna touch this except for anonymous poll votes?
I thought this site was for debate!

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Darkseid goes down to the Stare. I don't even have to vote to know that.

Galan007
Originally posted by Entity
Ghost Rider ended up in the DCU for a few years and eventually runs up on Darkseid. He threatens to make Darkseid pay for his sin and the pain he's inflicted. So being arrogant as he always is he tells Ghost Rider to do his worst and allows him one free attack!

He chooses to use the Penance Stare. How will Darkseid respond to it when fully exposed to it? GR gets in Darky's face...

GR gets a mouthful of OE. vin

Grinning Goku
Darksied > Mephisto

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Darksied > Mephisto
Whatever makes you sleep at night roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mephisto outside his own realm = Skyfather level
Mephisto inside his own realm = Cube Being level (Infinite power)

Galan007
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
Mephisto inside his own realm = Cube Being level (Infinite power) Galactus went toe-to-toe with a "cube level being"?

OMG!!! dur

Symmetric Chaos

Which is Wakandan tech can completely depower him.

Which is why Warlock can beat him there.

Grinning Goku
Whatever makes you sleep at night roll eyes (sarcastic)

So Darkseid isn't Skyfather level? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by Galan007
Galactus went toe-to-toe with a "cube level being"?

OMG!!! dur
Galactus > Celestial >> Cube Being = Weakened Galactus confused

Thanos_THOTU
So Darkseid isn't Skyfather level? roll eyes (sarcastic)
No, since he get his ass whipped by Superman and alikes.
More of a Thanos level.

Galan007
Galactus > Celestial Is that why he was scared when Tiamut woke up? confused

Thanos_THOTU
Is that why he was scared when Tiamut woke up? confused
Well there are weaker and there are more powerful Celestial's than Galactus, I was refering to the average.

Galan007
Well there are weaker and there are more powerful Celestial's than Galactus, I was refering to the average. So Galactus is not > Celestials? confused

Thanos_THOTU
So Galactus is not > Celestials? confused
High Celestial >> Galactus > Mid Celestial >> Low Celestial

Grinning Goku
No, since he get his ass whipped by Superman and alikes.
More of a Thanos level.

If Highfather is Skyfather level, then Darkseid certainly is. And I believe he pwns Mephisto outside of his realm.

Galan007
High Celestial >> Galactus > Mid Celestial >> Low Celestial I've never seen an in continuity Galactus beat a single Celestial. confused

Utrigita
Is that why he was scared when Tiamut woke up? confused

Then I suppose we should put Tiamut above the IG because to my knowlegde Galactus wasn't scared when he faced it. roll eyes (sarcastic) actually he more laughed at Thanos until Thanos destroyed a Planet Galactus intended to feed on, but he wasn't afraid ohh and Tiamut must be above the Heart as well. He was afraid of Reed wielding the UN but more afraid of him actually vaporizing his universe since he has shown us that he can possibly avoid the UN.

Grinning Goku
In any event, GR loses...badly.

Utrigita
I've never seen an in continuity Galactus beat a single Celestial. confused

Have you seen a single Celestial beat Galactus confused

Galan007
Originally posted by Utrigita
Then I suppose we should put Tiamut above the IG because to my knowlegde Galactus wasn't scared when he faced it. roll eyes (sarcastic) I didn't say that. confused

But would Galactus have experienced fear on Tiamut's reawakening, if Tiamut was weaker then he? Doubtful.

But use whatever logic makes you feel better about that whole situation. wink

Utrigita
In any event, GR loses...badly.

Yes

Entity
I just love how a thread about Darkseid and the penance stare turns into one about Galactus and the celestials almost instantly.
And this isn't about who would win or lose. Its about weather or not Darkseid could withstand all of his own sin!

Galan007
Have you seen a single Celestial beat Galactus confused That's the point dude,

They've never battled.

So saying Galactus >> Celestials, is nothing but personal opinion.

NOT fact. wink

Thanos_THOTU
I don't know if Penance stare would affect him, if it would however Darkseid would be murdered.
- Seriously with all souls he have on his consious, he would explode taking down Apokalips with him.

Grinning Goku
I just love how a thread about Darkseid and the penance stare turns into one about Galactus and the celestials almost instantly.

My fault. embarrasment

Utrigita
I didn't say that. confused

But would Galactus have experienced fear on Tiamut's reawakening, if Tiamut was weaker then he? Doubtful.

But use whatever logic makes you feel better about that whole situation. wink

No but you used galactus being afraid when Tiamut wakend as a argument for putting a celestial above Galactus smile

Think black celestial act please.

Galan007
And this isn't about who would win or lose. Its about weather or not Darkseid could withstand all of his own sin! Sorry about that man. embarrasment

Back on topic,

GR doesn't stand a chance.

Entity
My fault. embarrasment Oh its cool man. Just pointing on how threads go on KMC.

I still love it here thou. cool

Galan007
Think black celestial act please. Why?

So I can see what a Celestial enhanced Galactus can accomplish? confused

Utrigita
That's the point dude,

They've never battled.

So saying Galactus >> Celestials, is nothing but personal opinion.

NOT fact. wink

Never has been and never will be.

We are allowed to have oure personal openions big grin

And if we are taking outside of the 616 then Galactus has under his own power relative easy dispatched two celestials evil face

Utrigita
Why?

So I can see what a Celestial enhanced Galactus can accomplish? confused

No think the possiblity that he somehow know what the encounter in that alternate universe lead too (SPECULATION ALL THE WAY)

Galan007
(SPECULATION ALL THE WAY) There you go. wink

No back to the topic at hand....

Utrigita
And this isn't about who would win or lose. Its about weather or not Darkseid could withstand all of his own sin!

Sorry my fault.

GR: "you shall feel the pain of your victims" (uses PS)

Darkseid: "laughs and blast him with the OE"

Grinning Goku
Darkseid will end up using GR's skull for a toilet. Family Guy ftw!

TricksterPriest
Sorry my fault.

GR: "you shall feel the pain of your victims" (uses PS)

Darkseid: "laughs and blast him with the OE"

Darkseid is pure evil. I doubt he even understands the concept of empathy. He'd probably enjoy seeing their pain. evil face

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Darkseid is pure evil. I doubt he even understands the concept of empathy. He'd probably enjoy seeing their pain. evil face
No, the people of Apokalips likes him, he's note pure evil.

Considering that the Pensance Stare knocked a hungry Galactus, I doubt Darkseid will take it without flinching as you claim.

Grinning Goku
Darkseid still kills GR, in any case.

nvrbeenwthagirl
No, the people of Apokalips likes him, he's note pure evil.

Considering that the Pensance Stare knocked a hungry Galactus, I doubt Darkseid will take it without flinching as you claim.

See the thing about big G is he has a concious. he cares for some of his heralds. he only destroys becuz it's his role.

DS on the other hand sees everyone who opposes him as the wrong ones. he thinks of murder as his right and that only when he rules every living thing will thier be order and peace. So he wouldn't be affected by the Penance stare at all. he just can't see that he is evil. To him he is order.

Mider999
darkseid isnt skyfather he's uberskyfather DC seems to point to the fact that he is above even more then one skyfather and that five are needed just to equal him

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by Mider999
darkseid isnt skyfather he's uberskyfather DC seems to point to the fact that he is above even more then one skyfather and that five are needed just to equal him
DC doesnt have skyfather's, it's a Marvel term ... You must be refering to highfather level.

I thought he was equal if not weaker than Highfather.

nvrbeenwthagirl
DC doesnt have skyfather's, it's a Marvel term ... You must be refering to highfather level.

I thought he was equal if not weaker than Highfather.

He's actually stroner than highfather. They used to be equals. till DS went on a rampage killing abunch of other Gods and stealing thier powers and adding it to his own. Highfather had to join with jove, Ares, Zues, and Odin just to fight DS. And even in the old days, DS has kicked Highfather's ass a couple times. And DC actually coined the term Sky Gods and Highfather. Marvel just amalgamed the two into sky father.

Thanos_THOTU
Hm, I always saw Highfather as Odin's equal ... This messes things up.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Hm, I always saw Highfather as Odin's equal ... This messes things up.

I always have seen Shazam as Odin equal with Highfather and DS being higher than Odin. Of course this is all debatable. But they are all in the range of each other. Shazam, Highfather, Odin, DS, and Maybe Attum. I don't know how powerful the other marvel sky fathers are.

Symmetric Chaos
How exactly does the penance stare work?

Validus
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
How exactly does the penance stare work?
The same way a woman's stare works when you do something stupid.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Validus
The same way a woman's stare works when you do something stupid.

love

Goddess Kali
Whether or not Darksied is more powerful than Mephisto, or vise versa, is pretty much irrelevant in my opinion.

The Penance Stare has the power to destroy the soul and mind of an evil being, and the more evil this person has done, the more powerful the Penance Stare will become.

Mephisto's influence is irrelevant since the PS is dependent on how much evil the victim has committed him or herself.

However, that begs the question...does Darksied even have a soul ? Does Darksied being a God make him somehow immune to the PS, seeing as how Mephisto, a mere devil, created the attack ?

Darksied has done plenty evil.

Mider999
in a lobo comic deadman could not enter into a new god

starking
Darkseid wins, because of this big grin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwUdx5L5Hns

Validus
Originally posted by starking
Darkseid wins, because of this big grin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwUdx5L5Hns
I'm not sure what was cheaper. Darkseid in that video or the guy who used Naruto to beat him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggSrrXrj8Ks

Symmetric Chaos
I'm not sure what was cheaper. Darkseid in that video or the guy who used Naruto to beat him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggSrrXrj8Ks

Thats just sad.

starking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggSrrXrj8Ks Meh, Ghost rider's no Naruto stick out tongue

quanchi112
Darksied > Mephisto in terms of power i dont think so. in mephistos realm hed play ping pong with ds whole body.

quanchi112
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
I always have seen Shazam as Odin equal with Highfather and DS being higher than Odin. Of course this is all debatable. But they are all in the range of each other. Shazam, Highfather, Odin, DS, and Maybe Attum. I don't know how powerful the other marvel sky fathers are. wrong. odin is a lot more poweful than ds. shazam is a lot more powerful than ds. ds is more powerful than highfather.

charlemagne9746
DS would brush off the effects of the stare...if any...and kill GR.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.