Horus = Jesus?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Member.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8461754114455236037&q=zeitgeist&total=595&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=3

ok, neone can tell me if the facts listed in that video are indeed true?

DigiMark007
There's about a dozen similar threads on this forum. I didn't watch the video, but yes, there's tons of similarities between the two. And beyond that, Christianity borrowed from lots more stories than just Horus. It's not the next step past the old-school pagan religions. It is a pagan religion...it just had the good fotune of converting a Roman Emperor, or else we wouldn't even be having this discussion and would probably be good servants of Allah or atheists or something.

Anyway, like I said, it's kinda old hat, though lots of people don't know about it or choose to ignore it. This will probably get closed though...not because it's not valid but because it's been done more than once.

Shakyamunison
Christian/Egyptian mythology is so confusing.

Emperor Ashtar
It's a reoccuring mottif, that's all.

Besides, Patriarchical monotheism originated with atonism in egypt.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
It's a reoccuring mottif, that's all.

Besides, Patriarchical monotheism originated with atonism in egypt.

Or Zoroastrianism before that, or even in the tribal myths of ancient Mesopatameans (sic?). In any case, they all influenced one another in large ways, and very few (if any) can claim any sort of moral superiority based on a unique premise.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Or Zoroastrianism before that, or even in the tribal myths of ancient Mesopatameans (sic?). In any case, they all influenced one another in large ways, and very few (if any) can claim any sort of moral superiority based on a unique premise.

Zoroastrianism doesn't predate Atonism to my knowledge.

DigiMark007
Zoroastrianism doesn't predate Atonism to my knowledge.

Meh, I thought it did. Anyway, my point stands, even if my chronology doesn't.

Goddess Kali
Greek Mythology also influenced Christianity. Do not forget about Eve's actions which lead to the downfall of humanity. That is sooo Pandora's Box

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Goddess Kali
Greek Mythology also influenced Christianity. Do not forget about Eve's actions which lead to the downfall of humanity. That is sooo Pandora's Box

The Hellenistic religion is influenced by Certain Egyptian religions.

Goddess Kali
The Hellenistic religion is influenced by Certain Egyptian religions.

True , but in Egypt, the spread of evil is not blamed on a woman. It is blamed on a man, a male God in fact, Seth, the first murderer.

Alliance
Jesus = Sun God. WOW...what a novel comparison.

Was it the big gold sun disk behind his head that gave it away?

Goddess Kali
The Sun Disk could be interpretted as a Halo

amity75
There are many similarities even between Jesus and Hercules. Both the son of God, both sacrificing themselves etc.

debbiejo
Whoreus for Geezus sakes.

Member.
keeping this simple. are the similarities the narrator listed in that video TRUE or FALSE?

Alliance
Why are you asking us?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.