Iceman vs Colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

braz
Didnt see it on the search:

Arena setting, and Iceman has to fight Colossus directly, no turning into moisture in the air and freezing him out of nowhere.

snoopdogg
Iceman freezes him in a solid block of ice. Colossus will break out but Iceman can just do it again. Not a knockout essentially but still a win.

guy222
Originally posted by braz
Didnt see it on the search:

Arena setting, and Iceman has to fight Colossus directly, no turning into moisture in the air and freezing him out of nowhere.

bobby

Arctic
Colossus could win, but I see Iceman taking the majority.

braz
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Iceman freezes him in a solid block of ice. Colossus will break out but Iceman can just do it again. Not a knockout essentially but still a win.

Soo if Colossus was able to break out of a frozen block of ice made by Iceman, then whats to stop him from doing it a second, or third time, and then pounding Bobby to a pulp? erm

snoopdogg
This fight might go down like the Iceman/depowered Juggernaut fight in Uncanny #410. Juggy plowed through Icemans attacks effortlessly.

But I'd still go with Bobby Drake.

xmarksthespot
Scene from Terminator 2; think T-1000 without the reforming.

snoopdogg
Soo if Colossus was able to break out of a frozen block of ice made by Iceman, then whats to stop him from doing it a second, or third time, and then pounding Bobby to a pulp? erm I don't know. But he will be moblized for a few seconds or so.

snoopdogg
Why was Bobby bleeding in X-Men #200? Never read it yet but heard about it.

guy222
iceman

Metalmanx
Given the stipulations, a stalemate.

Although I'm not even sure Bobby could really damage Colossus anyway, even without the stipulations.

Blair Wind
no expression

Without stipulations? He moisture inversions Colossus' head off.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Why was Bobby bleeding in X-Men #200? Never read it yet but heard about it.

I think that is when Mystique used sex (yes, they had sex) to pass along a power dampening something or another. So he was basically in human form trying to create some ice.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Blair Wind
no expression

Without stipulations? He moisture inversions Colossus' head off.

Explain. Explain how Bobby does this to an opponent composed of SOLID (ORGANIC) STEEL). no expression

I think if it were possible, Colossus would not be able to withstand the ridiculous high temperatures that he can (or he'd just dry up). But he can, so I can't figure out Bobby can do.

socool8520
Soo if Colossus was able to break out of a frozen block of ice made by Iceman, then whats to stop him from doing it a second, or third time, and then pounding Bobby to a pulp? erm

Who has the longest endurance in their respective forms? I think I remember Collossus being metallic for like 18 hours, but I'm not sure about Iceman.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by socool8520
Who has the longest endurance in their respective forms? I think I remember Collossus being metallic for like 18 hours, but I'm not sure about Iceman.

Actually, Colossus doesn't appear to have a limit on how long he can remain transformed, as he once remained in his metallic form for over five days with no effort.

socool8520
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Actually, Colossus doesn't appear to have a limit on how long he can remain transformed, as he once remained in his metallic form for over five days with no effort.

Thanks, that's even better than I remembered. What about Iceman? If it's not that long, then couldn't Collossus simply outlast him?

Scoobless
Iceman can generate temps so low they approach absolute zero (I think) if he did that then Colossus would freeze into a brittle metal statue.

socool8520
Originally posted by Scoobless
Iceman can generate temps so low they approach absolute zero (I think) if he did that then Colossus would freeze into a brittle metal statue.

Good point. What then punch him and break him into pieces. smile

Blair Wind
To Scoobs: He has gone absolute zero before.

To Metalmanx: Same way he turns into moisture, by "transmuting" himself into it. (Sorry, only word I can use that makes sense). He did it in AoA (transporting people from one place to another in that form) and has done greater things in 616. It would be a simple matter of just selecting only a piece of him to moisture inversion

By the way moisture inversion simple means turning his or others bodys (or anything solid I guess) into a moistured state

Metalmanx
To Scoobs: He has gone absolute zero before.

To Metalmanx: Same way he turns into moisture, by "transmuting" himself into it. (Sorry, only word I can use that makes sense). He did it in AoA (transporting people from one place to another in that form) and has done greater things in 616. It would be a simple matter of just selecting only a piece of him to moisture inversion

By the way moisture inversion simple means turning his or others bodys (or anything solid I guess) into a moistured state

Don't get me wrong, Blair, but I am pretty competent in Iceman's abilities, though I admit that I haven't kept up with him lately. Has he shown this ability to turn inanimate objects (say...a car) into a moistured state?

Metalmanx
Also, when did he go absolute zero? I don't remember that at all.

Blair Wind
I think clothes should suffice. It may seem small but it is still inanimate and full of cloth, texture, ect.

Heres the only scan I have available on the matter since Im not on my computer, and its not much. He is just referencing it on how he is going to get the group to Maine (the indirect reference being Moisture Inversion) :
http://img332.imageshack.us/my.php?image=icemanaoa0wm.jpg

All other scans I have are of him doing it to himself only, though he did have clothes on...

The absolute zero event happened when Torchs wife is trapped and Iceman is helping save her. Torch is about to melt the trigger, but Iceman stops him after he noticed that theres a sensor that would detonate if the trigger is melted or removed.

Iceman decides to freeze the trigger to absolute zero to stop it. He mentions that he needs to freeze it to where all molecular motion stops. Although he did get help from Torch by absorbing the ambient heat, that was only to make the temp drop happen faster. No doubts Iceman could have done it alone. It just probably would have took longer. Enjoy.
http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mcp7432sa1.jpg
http://img157.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mcp7433el4.jpg

For point of reference, he has shut down chemical reactions to both the Black Bird and Sunfire

Metalmanx
I think clothes should suffice. It may seem small but it is still inanimate and full of cloth, texture, ect.

Heres the only scan I have available on the matter since Im not on my computer, and its not much. He is just referencing it on how he is going to get the group to Maine (the indirect reference being Moisture Inversion) :
http://img332.imageshack.us/my.php?image=icemanaoa0wm.jpg

All other scans I have are of him doing it to himself only, though he did have clothes on...

The absolute zero event happened when Torchs wife is trapped and Iceman is helping save her. Torch is about to melt the trigger, but Iceman stops him after he noticed that theres a sensor that would detonate if the trigger is melted or removed.

Iceman decides to freeze the trigger to absolute zero to stop it. He mentions that he needs to freeze it to where all molecular motion stops. Although he did get help from Torch by absorbing the ambient heat, that was only to make the temp drop happen faster. No doubts Iceman could have done it alone. It just probably would have took longer. Enjoy.
http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mcp7432sa1.jpg
http://img157.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mcp7433el4.jpg

For point of reference, he has shut down chemical reactions to both the Black Bird and Sunfire

Impressive. I didn't know he was able to reach absolute zero. I wonder how long it would take him to do it on his own though. I also wonder if he would be able to do it to something that is moving, therefore creating some sort of friction that would produce even the tiniest bit of heat.

The moisture inversion of the clothes--I always considered their costumes to be made of unstable molecules. Therefore able to undergo such a transformation and reform just fine.

Side note: That's from AoA. Has he done that in 616?

DeathKap
colossus4

Vanlore
cool thanks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.