DC vs. Marvel redo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarlet315
This thread was done previously and putting Iron man it was a mistake. I forgot who said it but even though i think he is good and became even better he would be torn open like a can of sardines so i made a couple o' changes to the marvel roster to give DC a run for its money.

Martian Manhunter
Wonder Woman (standard equipment)
Aquaman
Superman
Green Lantern

vs.

Gladiator
Thor
Iceman
Sentry
Silver Surfer

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Scarlet315
This thread was done previously and putting Iron man it was a mistake. I forgot who said it but even though i think he is good and became even better he would be torn open like a can of sardines so i made a couple o' changes to the marvel roster to give DC a run for its money.

Martian Manhunter
Aquaman
Superman
Green Lantern

vs.

Gladiator
Thor
Iceman
Sentry
Silver Surfer

marvel

guy222

Martian Manhunter
Aquaman
Superman
Green Lantern

vs.

Gladiator
Thor
Iceman
Sentry
Silver Surfer

marvel

nvrbeenwthagirl
Aquaman is the Weak Link here. He isn't as strong or as fast or as powerful as the Other four and he can't fly. Leaving the Four in the air to fight the five. Replace Aquaman with element lad or metamorpho or Firestorm and you have a much better fight.

jasonk3
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Aquaman is the Weak Link here. He isn't as strong or as fast or as powerful as the Other four and he can't fly. Leaving the Four in the air to fight the five. Replace Aquaman with element lad or metamorpho or Firestorm and you have a much better fight.

Iceman can't fly

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by jasonk3
Iceman can't fly

he can sure as hell Move faster and higher than Aquaman. And move his mind into other bodies of water.

janus77
err, that would be me smile.

present configuration. Marvel stroll it.
Iceman takes out Aquaman and Wonder Woman, since neither are up there with the lightspeed reactions and neither has anything that tops Iceman's powers. Sentry runs interference if necessary.

Thor batters down Superman with mjolnir, while Gladiator runs interference and generally keeps Superman from speeding away from Thor's blows

Surfer takes out MM and GL.

MM (like Aquaman) really isn't to be pitted against any of these guys, imo. he's not in their league. GL is probably the biggest threat on the DC team but he's not got anything over or matching Surfer, and also, he's easily drained (Oan energy can be drained/absorbed by Surfer). on top of that, if Surfer just keeps attacking, the ring will soon run out of juice... under the awesome pressures that SS can bring to bear.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by janus77
err, that would be me smile.

present configuration. Marvel stroll it.
Iceman takes out Aquaman and Wonder Woman, since neither are up there with the lightspeed reactions and neither has anything that tops Iceman's powers. Sentry runs interference if necessary.

Thor batters down Superman with mjolnir, while Gladiator runs interference and generally keeps Superman from speeding away from Thor's blows

Surfer takes out MM and GL.

MM (like Aquaman) really isn't to be pitted against any of these guys, imo. he's not in their league. GL is probably the biggest threat on the DC team but he's not got anything over or matching Surfer, and also, he's easily drained (Oan energy can be drained/absorbed by Surfer). on top of that, if Surfer just keeps attacking, the ring will soon run out of juice... under the awesome pressures that SS can bring to bear.
OMG. LOL. WW doesn't have lightspeed reactions and speed? WTF. WW hits iceman with her magic lasso and the fight ends right there.

Thor batters down superman? As if thor can hit superman when he's so much faster. MM can easily take away gladiator's confidence and he's down for the count from aquaman. And Shame on you for thinking that GL hal isn't a match for the surfer. GL can just absorb surfer into the ring for the win. Or take his soul. How what? You actually said surfer takes out HAL and GL. I just know you are playing. Any way, Aquaman is the weak link.

janus77
OMG. LOL. WW doesn't have lightspeed reactions and speed? WTF. WW hits iceman with her magic lasso and the fight ends right there.

Thor batters down superman? As if thor can hit superman when he's so much faster. MM can easily take away gladiator's confidence and he's down for the count from aquaman. And Shame on you for thinking that GL hal isn't a match for the surfer. GL can just absorb surfer into the ring for the win. Or take his soul. How what? You actually said surfer takes out HAL and GL. I just know you are playing. Any way, Aquaman is the weak link.
Iceman's everywhere on the level of consciousness... so what's the lasso going to tie up, an icle, whilst Iceman is inside of her freezing her brain?

did you read what I wrote, I said Gladiator would be holding back Superman, if necessary, because Superman is faster than Thor. it's a double team so that mjolnir can effectively connect with Superman.

Hal? wha? did you read what I wrote? I said MM & GL, because I see MM as the 2nd weak link in that group (besides Aquaman).

as for MM - Gladiator, he wouldn't get the chance to face Gladiator, Surfer would handle him first, at the same time as Iceman destroys Aquaman, so that they can stroll through the rest of the field with greater numbers.

Surfer has absorbed Oan energy, huge amounts of it. he's also beaten Kyle, whereas the GLs are shown to require recharging and are prone to run out of juice after extensive use of the ring - which a Surfer onslaught would make inevitable.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Iceman's everywhere on the level of consciousness... so what's the lasso going to tie up, an icle, whilst Iceman is inside of her freezing her brain?

did you read what I wrote, I said Gladiator would be holding back Superman, if necessary, because Superman is faster than Thor. it's a double team so that mjolnir can effectively connect with Superman.

Hal? wha? did you read what I wrote? I said MM & GL, because I see MM as the 2nd weak link in that group (besides Aquaman).

as for MM - Gladiator, he wouldn't get the chance to face Gladiator, Surfer would handle him first, at the same time as Iceman destroys Aquaman, so that they can stroll through the rest of the field with greater numbers.

Surfer has absorbed Oan energy, huge amounts of it. he's also beaten Kyle, whereas the GLs are shown to require recharging and are prone to run out of juice after extensive use of the ring - which a Surfer onslaught would make inevitable.
Kyle's ring never ran out of juice that I'm aware of. And so far hal's hasn't either. The rings have infinte amount of charge for a limited time if i remember correctly. So unless surfer and Hall gonna be fighting for over 24 hours your theory is out of the window. Also you are using a non cannon book to justify the surfer absorbing energy. In the same book, kyle was able to pwn thanos if I remember correctly. WW lasso only need touch a part of anything that Iceman's mind would be in for him to be down for the count. and If you think Surfer takes MM and Hal, you aren't well informed on either. WW could stalemate Thor and Superman will beat Glads. this fight really is only leaning in marvel's favor becuz of Aquaman's being here. And MM can take out iceman easily enough with telepathy. don't forget that.

His Airness
Marvel, maybe.....

xmarksthespot
Either side can probably win.

Cassandra Nova took out Gladiator by telepathically manipulating him with relative ease. I don't see why Martian Manhunter couldn't do the same.

With Iceman it would probably depend on how much benefit of the doubt one gives him. When he was in a vapor form during X-Men Forever; Jean couldn't really locate his consciousness as it was seemingly everywhere at once. But he could probably still be taken out with telepathy by a more skilled and/or powerful telepath either way.

batdude123
janus and Silver Surfer>>>gaysex

Seriously janus, you completely overrate him.

janus77
rofl,
gimme wonder woman any day, or night.

nah, Surfer's >> GLs.

batdude123
Hal and Kyle = Surfer.

And you're ****in' crazy if you think Norrin would take out GL and MM at the same time.

Hannibal-Lector
marvel....

janus77
Originally posted by batdude123
Hal and Kyle = Surfer.

And you're ****in' crazy if you think Norrin would take out GL and MM at the same time.
when did I say Hal and Kyle?
I said he'd take MM and a GL.
MM because he's got nothing that can affect Surfer, tp included, and isn't up there with the defensive abilities (bar intangibility).

batdude123
when did I say Hal and Kyle?
I said he'd take MM and a GL.
MM because he's got nothing that can affect Surfer, tp included, and isn't up there with the defensive abilities (bar intangibility).

You said Surfer>>Green Lanterns.

And I said you're absolutely ****in out of your mind if you think Surfer would take down J'onn and GL at the same time.

SpunkySmurph

MM because he's got nothing that can affect Surfer, tp included, and isn't up there with the defensive abilities (bar intangibility). Surfer's been pwned with Telepathy before, and J'onn's still a major threat here; Surfer's screwed if he battles a GL worth his salt, and J'onn at the same time

llagrok
Current Silver Surfer was able to take out Ravenous relatively easy. Nova admitted that he wasn't able to match Ravenous and that no one but Red Shift or Stardust would be able to knock him out. SS isn't your average Herald after the upgrade he got from Galactus. Why would Galactus bother to give him a minor upgrade?

Surfer would probably lose or win after a long fight if he went up against MM or a GL, but it's not like saying that he would beat one of them is overrating them. He's beating herald class people in under a minute now.

janus77
You said Surfer>>Green Lanterns.

And I said you're absolutely ****in out of your mind if you think Surfer would take down J'onn and GL at the same time.
yes he is. unless you're talking about some specially vamped GL, they're not a match for him.

everything they can do, he can do. plus at far far far far faster speed, from far far far far greater distance and then there's his energy absorption and projection - any type of energy -, his ability to clone his own powers, to alter dna planet-wide ... come on, is that not above any GL or what?

again, I don't see what MM is going to contribute in a fight with Surfer... MM might go intangible, but that's hardly going to affect an opponent he won't ever see. Surfer's gonna take the fight to the GL (whichever one it is), and move it into hyperspace. MM's gonna be pretty much useless.

batdude123
yes he is. unless you're talking about some specially vamped GL, they're not a match for him.

everything they can do, he can do. plus at far far far far faster speed, from far far far far greater distance and then there's his energy absorption and projection - any type of energy -, his ability to clone his own powers, to alter dna planet-wide ... come on, is that not above any GL or what?

again, I don't see what MM is going to contribute in a fight with Surfer... MM might go intangible, but that's hardly going to affect an opponent he won't ever see. Surfer's gonna take the fight to the GL (whichever one it is), and move it into hyperspace. MM's gonna be pretty much useless.

Hal and Kyle can easily do all that shit. Why don't you pick up a GL book every now and then? It might help. Hal and Kyle = Norrin.

And the more I see your posts, the more I think this smilie holds true for you and SS. gaysex

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by llagrok
Current Silver Surfer was able to take out Ravenous relatively easy. Nova admitted that he wasn't able to match Ravenous and that no one but Red Shift or Stardust would be able to knock him out. SS isn't your average Herald after the upgrade he got from Galactus. Why would Galactus bother to give him a minor upgrade?

Surfer would probably lose or win after a long fight if he went up against MM or a GL, but it's not like saying that he would beat one of them is overrating them. He's beating herald class people in under a minute now.

Can't hal do the same? And has always been able to do so?

nvrbeenwthagirl

laughing laughing laughing

MM would give surfer a hard enough fight on his own. And shame on you for not reading any JLA or Green lanterns books. They have feats that far outstrip any of the surfers. And They can alter thier dna to anything they want.Surfer would get his ass kicked if One GL turned his DNA into daxamit while using the speed force and the ring and stopping time. Let's see Surfer get out of that pickle. And it's totally possible. Now stop it with the surfer jocking. He's uber. But Never uber enough to take a GL and MM on at the same time.

Validus
Hopefully I'm misunderstanding but are we using Ravenous as a benchmark for how Surfer would do against Green Lantern?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Validus
Hopefully I'm misunderstanding but are we using Ravenous as a benchmark for how Surfer would do against Green Lantern?

He was equal with Surfer before Galactus gave him the will to fight.

llagrok

Because Ravenous beat many other herald level beings and is a powerful character? He has the opposing force which is a versatile as the PC. Even though it's not comparable to a GL Ring it's still incredibly versatile and powerful.

Validus
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
He was equal with Surfer before Galactus gave him the will to fight.
He was never equal to Surfer.

Validus
Because Ravenous beat many other herald level beings and is a powerful character? He has the opposing force which is a versatile as the PC. Even though it's not comparable to a GL Ring it's still incredibly versatile and powerful.
The only people he beat were Terrax and Air Walker, both bottom feeding heralds and both were with massive amounts of aid from his Seeker buddies.

llagrok
The only people he beat were Terrax and Air Walker, both bottom feeding heralds and both were with massive amounts of aid from his Seeker buddies.

Morg was taken out as well.

We don't know how those fights played out, but what we do know is that Ravenous was able to knock out Firelord(weakened?) and Ronan the accuser. Nova admitted that he couldn't stand up to Ravenous.

Ronan eventually beat him yes, but that was with a lot of aid. Note that breaking his hammer on Ravenous' face didn't kill him either, simply knocked him out.

nvrbeenwthagirl

We don't know how those fights played out, but what we do know is that Ravenous was able to knock out Firelord(weakened?) and Ronan the accuser. Nova admitted that he couldn't stand up to Ravenous.

Ronan eventually beat him yes, but that was with a lot of aid. Note that breaking his hammer on Ravenous' face didn't kill him either, simply knocked him out.
Ok if we are going by what people admit, Superman has said that MM is the most powerful of all the JLAers. It's also been said many times that Hal or Kyle are. And they all have feats to back up the claims. Ravenous was good. But he isn't a bench mark to suggest that surfer just tops kyle or Hal. Thier feats were already better than his. I dont' recall surfer being able to send angels back to heaven by force, or rebuild a machine that takes the universes most powerful and oldest creatures to their great beyond. And Hal, geez, is sick with the feats. If anything, surfer is just now moving up to be in a position to do what they do.

Validus

Morg's been dead for years, no thanks to Ravenous. His only one on win was against a half dead Firelord. Ronan with Super Skrull's aid took him out. All of that would be fine if you weren't comparing him to Green Lantern. This would be like using Donna Troy's "victory" over a Superman robot as evidence to how she would do against the real thing.

llagrok
Morg's been dead for years, no thanks to Ravenous. His only one on win was against a half dead Firelord. Ronan with Super Skrull's aid took him out. All of that would be fine if you weren't comparing him to Green Lantern. This would be like using Donna Troy's "victory" over a Superman robot as evidence to how she would do against the real thing.

Not comparing Ravenous to Green Lantern, read what I wrote.

I merely used Ravenous as an example of how herald level characters are taken out quickly by Silver Surfer.

Validus
Not comparing Ravenous to Green Lantern, read what I wrote.

I merely used Ravenous as an example of how herald level characters are taken out quickly by Silver Surfer.
But Green Lantern is not just any herald level character. Hal and Surfer or Kyle and Surfer are more equal than most any characters you could compare.

llagrok
But Green Lantern is not just any herald level character. Hal and Surfer or Kyle and Surfer are more equal than most any characters you could compare.

I know that, but the average GL isn't. Did the OP mention that they are fighting the two strongest Green Lanterns? I'm just using it as a Surfer feat.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I know that, but the average GL isn't. Did the OP mention that they are fighting the two strongest Green Lanterns? I'm just using it as a Surfer feat.

John was the only lantern that I can remember that has a recent win against the powering up Superman. Kilowog Once absorbed a planet worth of souls. I'm going to find out more feats from the other lanters. But Any lantern worth thier salt should give surfer a decent fight before I gains victory.

Validus
Surfer's not beating any of Earth's Lanterns as easy as some people here make it sound.

llagrok
John was the only lantern that I can remember that has a recent win against the powering up Superman. Kilowog Once absorbed a planet worth of souls. I'm going to find out more feats from the other lanters. But Any lantern worth thier salt should give surfer a decent fight before I gains victory.

Of course, but if he fights like he did against Ravenous he'd beat them silly. John Stewart and Kilowog aren't random Green Lanterns, far from it.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Surfer's not beating any of Earth's Lanterns as easy as some people here make it sound.

Why are Earths Lanter's so powerful? With the exception of Wog. Isn't there a girl lantern is is supposed to be pretty uber as well?

batdude123
Isn't there a girl lantern is is supposed to be pretty uber as well?

Katma?

Validus
Why are Earths Lanter's so powerful? With the exception of Wog. Isn't there a girl lantern is is supposed to be pretty uber as well?
Arisia? Yeah, she's good. Any GL they've taken the time to write stories about is pretty good. The rest of them are crossover fodder which, apparently, is what people seem to base their opinion on.

llagrok
Arisia? Yeah, she's good. Any GL they've taken the time to write stories about is pretty good. The rest of them are crossover fodder which, apparently, is what people seem to base their opinion on.

That's what I'm basing my "average" green lantern opinion on, yes.

There's a reason why Kyle and Hal are hailed as one of the strongest Green Lantern's, because they're not average. It's only logical that the average Green Lantern would be weaker? Not far below herald level, but I doubt most random Green Lantern's are above mid herald. Which is why Surfer Should be able to take out an average Green Lantern in minutes.

nvrbeenwthagirl

basically any Gl who has a story about them instantly becomes Uber. So the potential is there for all of them. I haven't seen too many lanters get slaughtered except for plot device sake. The rings are seriously being underestimated. I can almost remember a book where a GL was able to tap the speed force and give it to one of it's creations. That is some serious mojo working there.

Validus
That's what I'm basing my "average" green lantern opinion on, yes.

There's a reason why Kyle and Hal are hailed as one of the strongest Green Lantern's, because they're not average. It's only logical that the average Green Lantern would be weaker? Not far below herald level, but I doubt most random Green Lantern's are above mid herald. Which is why Surfer Should be able to take out an average Green Lantern in minutes.
The thread is DC Vs Marvel redo. I'm not even sure why we're assuming its Surfer Vs. Random Lantern anyway.

llagrok
The thread is DC Vs Marvel redo. I'm not even sure why we're assuming its Surfer Vs. Random Lantern anyway.

Good point. Let's leave SS vs Random GL for another time.

MM's telepathy is really probably good against Silver Surfer, but it'd be hard to use. I doubt he would be able to do it instantly, and while he's doing so he'd leave himself vulnerable to other opponents.

It's a tough cookie indeed.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Good point. Let's leave SS vs Random GL for another time.

MM's telepathy is really probably good against Silver Surfer, but it'd be hard to use. I doubt he would be able to do it instantly, and while he's doing so he'd leave himself vulnerable to other opponents.

It's a tough cookie indeed.

can't he use his Tp while invisible and phased? doesn't really leave him vulnerable all that much. And Aquaman may be pretty useless but he has been able to combine his Tp with MM's to boost if I can remember correctly.

llagrok
can't he use his Tp while invisible and phased? doesn't really leave him vulnerable all that much. And Aquaman may be pretty useless but he has been able to combine his Tp with MM's to boost if I can remember correctly.

If he can, then isn't it weird that he didn't try doing so when fighting Black Adam? Or anyone else for that matter. Not sure if he'd be able to take out Silver Surfer with telepathy.

Gladiator on the other hand shifty

Validus
If he can, then isn't it weird that he didn't try doing so when fighting Black Adam? Or anyone else for that matter. Not sure if he'd be able to take out Silver Surfer with telepathy.

No weirder than Surfer forgetting his non energy blast related powers against Thanos. You know how "stupid" characters get.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Black Adam had some kind of magical resistance to telepathy. But actually MM could have pwned BA if he hadn't allowed ADAM to think. If I remember correctly in WWiii MM didn't lose, he simply ran off from something in BA's mind. He Pretty much had BA on his ass with Telepathy. And I'm almost certain MM and Aquaman can mind link to boost thier telepathy. I wish it would come to me where they did this.

llagrok
No weirder than Surfer forgetting his non energy blast related powers against Thanos. You know how "stupid" characters get.

Silver Surfer has been seen using his energy blasts, have we seen MM mix telepathy and intangibility?

Either way I think a fight like this would depend on how they were written. If you remove all CIS I think DC would come out on top, seeing as MM has filled to brim with CIS and whatnot.

Validus
Silver Surfer has been seen using his energy blasts, have we seen MM mix telepathy and intangibility?
Si.

batdude123

>His point

>Your head

Grinning Goku

Martian Manhunter
Aquaman
Superman
Green Lantern

vs.

Gladiator
Thor
Iceman
Sentry
Silver Surfer

I think the scale is tipped in Marvel's favor.

Validus
>His point

>Your head
love

llagrok
>His point

>Your head

You're fat.

batdude123
love

I don't like fighting your battles. malfoy

batdude123
You're fat.

laughing

StyleTime
Aquaman limits the DC team here.

Marvel should take it.

yugotank
Surfer stops them all.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by yugotank
Surfer stops them all.

There should be a foundations of comics class. Learn the basics before Posting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.