Yo ho, James Norrington fans out there!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ShadySpirit
Anyone feeling sad about James Norrington's death? I almost cried during that scene...

I was also very shocked. They had such a big scene of him getting back his sword and he dies after, what, just several minutes of screen time? That just makes me think the writers went, "Okay, we dunno what to do with Norrington anymore, so let's just kill him and make him a tragic hero even though his death is totally unnecessary". (hey, Elizabeth might not have died even if he didn't sacrifice himself)

Norrington should not have died. He doesn't deserve it! He's a great man...

Jack, Elizabeth and Will would ALL have been dead if it weren't for him!

Will would have died floating on the sea when he was child if Norrington didn't rescue him onto the ship; Jack would have been hanged as a pirate if Norrington hadn't allowed him to escape; and of course, Norrington died saving Elizabeth in the third movie.

So there! James Norrington is the true hero of all.

If you also feel that he shouldn't have died (at least not that way), go to www dot petitiononline dot com, and search for James Norrington.

There is a petition concerning James Norrington's return for POTC 4. SIGN IT.

Jaeh_JediPirate
Hello mate! Welcome to POTC KMC Forums!

I just want you to know that we have a Norrington thread, two actually, and we also have a thread about the petition... wink

Oh, and check out the H.J.F.S.H thread lol.

again, Welcome to the crew mate!

ivebeendepped43
yes welcome!! we are all upset by dear James' death. we all love him..especially me...oh! and Jaeh and ESPECIALLY sailorleo. but he is such a sweetie!!!!!
<33333
HEART HEART HEART!!!!

sailorleo
lol yup that be me

tee_pirategirl
Oh! Here's his #1 fan!!!

ivebeendepped43
eeeeekk! Norrington is on July on the AWE 2008 calendar! WWAAYYY TOO SSSEEXXII!!!

IheartPocky
Anyone else flip their calendar so that Tia is hidden this month? I didn't want a freaky lady looking at me all the time..

Jaeh_JediPirate
Ah heck. Nevermind then. stick out tongue

I think we all agree when I say...

"WE MISS NORRI!"

wink

sailorleo
ha ha yes i have him for my b-day, that's how much power i sway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! I almost bought it too....

Jaeh_JediPirate
shoot. why can't i find stuff like that around here?

ShadySpirit
Originally posted by Jaeh_JediPirate
Hello mate! Welcome to POTC KMC Forums!

I just want you to know that we have a Norrington thread, two actually, and we also have a thread about the petition... wink

Oh, and check out the H.J.F.S.H thread lol.

again, Welcome to the crew mate!

Thanks! It's lovely to join this forum!

Sorry about making yet another Norrington thread, but he deserves more attention anyways! XD Everyone's only got their attention on Jack or Will... (even though they ARE just as hot)

I saw the HJFSH thread. LOL, that's funny...

ShadySpirit
Originally posted by ivebeendepped43
yes welcome!! we are all upset by dear James' death. we all love him..especially me...oh! and Jaeh and ESPECIALLY sailorleo. but he is such a sweetie!!!!!
<33333
HEART HEART HEART!!!!

Thanks.

I still cry every time I watch the scene of his death. >_<

And your signature is totally awesome.

ShadySpirit
Originally posted by sailorleo
lol yup that be me

Hi there, glad to meet more Norrington fans!

Jaeh_JediPirate
Originally posted by ShadySpirit

Sorry about making yet another Norrington thread, but he deserves more attention anyways! XD Everyone's only got their attention on Jack or Will... (even though they ARE just as hot)

I saw the HJFSH thread. LOL, that's funny...

well, Norri gets enough attention here you know.. stick out tongue we've been all planning to *cough* save him from the locker, or wherever he is right now, and strip him and give him to sailor. I've got dibs on the hat, coat, and boots. ibd has the wig, i think, and sailor has the real 'un. any dibs on any other clothing? stick out tongue

enjoy it here you will, sense it with the force i can... now, about that bottle of rum, where did i put it.. *trails off and looks for rum*

ShadySpirit
Originally posted by Jaeh_JediPirate
well, Norri gets enough attention here you know.. stick out tongue we've been all planning to *cough* save him from the locker, or wherever he is right now, and strip him and give him to sailor. I've got dibs on the hat, coat, and boots. ibd has the wig, i think, and sailor has the real 'un. any dibs on any other clothing? stick out tongue

enjoy it here you will, sense it with the force i can... now, about that bottle of rum, where did i put it.. *trails off and looks for rum*

Is there even any left? Perhaps I can have the shiny buttons on his coat. XD I love his wig though. He looks so awesome with the wig. So very very awesome.

Oh, by the way, where did his sword go? Did it go down the sea with Davy Jones, since from what I remember, Davy Jones had taken the sword?

And help spread the word about the petition, please...

Random question!!!! What's your fav? Jack Sparrow's irreplaceable leather hat, Will Turner's show-off feathered hat, or James Norrington's Commodore hat, with the fluffy stuff at the top and the golden edge?

tee_pirategirl
Seeing as I'm a Jack fan myself it would have to be Jack's tricorn...not only because I love him but because it's REALLY piraty and I love everything piraty.

I love Jack's hat because it means more to him than the other hats mean Will and James.

I also love Liz's black tricorn in DMC...not so much the asian one in AWE.

My second favorite though is Norri's Commodore hat!! It's the cherry on the icecream sundae. It's so "Royal Navy" and polished and cool.

tee_pirategirl
I'm pretty sure Will has Norrington's sword. Because in the beach love scene where their swords are crossed in the sand I looked at the handle on the swords and one looked A LOT like Norri's.

It had the same bent handle and narrow blade.

Jaeh_JediPirate
*cries* I want a new sig..

back to topic, i'd like Jack's tricorn because it looks cool, next is James' hat. Will's was just... err, too weird for me. I don't like hats with feathers. reminds me of bows and robin hood. bows remind me of legolas. and so on and so forth.. stick out tongue

I didn't notice that tee... big grin but i think will does have it, i last remembered seeing the sword still in his gut. maybe he retrieved it and used it after they pulled it out.

ivebeendepped43
Originally posted by IheartPocky
Anyone else flip their calendar so that Tia is hidden this month? I didn't want a freaky lady looking at me all the time.. lmfao!! i did!!! no way!!!Originally posted by ShadySpirit

I saw the HJFSH thread. LOL, that's funny... hehe..thats me and jaeh! feel free to stop by and ask to rent one happy

Jaeh_JediPirate
You have to pay two barrels of rum per day of course.. stick out tongue

ShadySpirit
I like the significance of Jack's hat, but I think the design of Will's hat is pretty interesting. And James' hat certainly has that powerful, Commodore feel to it.

Okay, so the sword is back to its owner's hand...

But that just makes Will look even worse- taking the sword from the guy his father killed. We all know how much Norrington loves his sword!!

ivebeendepped43
NORRINGTON JUST PLAIN RRRROOOXXX MY OVERSTRETCHED SOXXX!!!!

~LunaLoveG~
Originally posted by ShadySpirit
Anyone feeling sad about James Norrington's death? I almost cried during that scene...

I was also very shocked. They had such a big scene of him getting back his sword and he dies after, what, just several minutes of screen time? That just makes me think the writers went, "Okay, we dunno what to do with Norrington anymore, so let's just kill him and make him a tragic hero even though his death is totally unnecessary". (hey, Elizabeth might not have died even if he didn't sacrifice himself)

Norrington should not have died. He doesn't deserve it! He's a great man...

Jack, Elizabeth and Will would ALL have been dead if it weren't for him!

Will would have died floating on the sea when he was child if Norrington didn't rescue him onto the ship; Jack would have been hanged as a pirate if Norrington hadn't allowed him to escape; and of course, Norrington died saving Elizabeth in the third movie.

So there! James Norrington is the true hero of all.

If you also feel that he shouldn't have died (at least not that way), go to www dot petitiononline dot com, and search for James Norrington.

There is a petition concerning James Norrington's return for POTC 4. SIGN IT.
His death agravated the hell out of me.....I mean after being such a major part of the whole franchise. he is killed by bootstrap in such a simple way. I mean his death could have been a tad more cinematic at least for someone who has changed his ways..or he could have joined the crew big grin the davy jones crew

ivebeendepped43
i know! he is just such an awesome character and they killed him off like another "supporting artist". he should've had a very heroic death. but i was praying that he would get to at least kiss Lizzie before he died, and he did.

ShadySpirit
Yeah, I totally loved it that he got to kiss Elizabeth. But that he died without even a fight? I still can't get over it. He shouldn't have died, anyhow. *sniff*

IheartPocky
Maybe he died without a fight cause he so good at it he wouldn't have died. smile

ivebeendepped43
WELL THEN DONT LET HIM DIE!

~LunaLoveG~
Originally posted by IheartPocky
Maybe he died without a fight cause he so good at it he wouldn't have died. smile

or perhaps he died because the writer was sick and tired of him erm which I find metally and pysically impossible.

ivebeendepped43
SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP DONT WANNA HEAR IT

GET UP GET UP GET UP GET OUTTA MY WAY

STEP UP STEP UP STEP UP YOU'LL NEVER STOP ME

NOTHIN YOU SAY TODAY IS GONNA BRING ME DOWN!!!!!!!

sorry...listening to Simple Plan right now...

sparrowlady68
No smile

!!tangerines!!
no what??

ShadySpirit
Originally posted by ~LunaLoveG~
or perhaps he died because the writer was sick and tired of him erm which I find metally and pysically impossible.

Or perhaps the writers just didn't know how to continue the plot with him, because if Norrington fought on the Navy's side the Navy would've won and if Norrington fought on the pirates side Elizabeth would have been... distracted... Or the writers just felt like killing someone so Governor Swann had company.

PsychoFreeak
wah? whos dead?

ShadySpirit
Hey, I made a youtube vid for this! Check it out! Comments and ratings are welcomed.

http: //www . youtube . com /watch?v=7xzjK1okYeU

(take out the spaces)

ivebeendepped43
why did u put in spaces??

!!tangerines!!
yea whats with the spaces?

ShadySpirit
The board didn't let me post the link directly.

!!tangerines!!
huh. odd

ivebeendepped43
that sux

ShadySpirit
Well, it doesn't matter much. You can get to the vid all the same.

ShadySpirit
More than 300 sigs now! Horray! Keep the petition alive, everyone!

ShadySpirit
Dear fellow Norrington fans,

Have you sign the Bring Back James Norrington Petition yet? Sign it now if you haven't! The petition will be presented to the writers within the next month. It'd also be much appreciated if you could help to spread the word, so that we could get the most signatures we could before presenting it! I'm only one person-- the petition will only be successful with the united effort of everyone. Post about it on your blogs and tell your friends about it! Here is the link again (add the three w's):

petitiononline.com/potcjn/petition.html

Thank you very much for your support! You may contact me at [email protected]

willofthewisp
Anyone know what's next for Jack Davenport as far as projects go? Even if POTC4 is a prequel, he could still be in it because it seems like he and Jack are about the same age.

sailorleo
well according to IMDB besides Swingtown, which may or may not air...a whole lot of nothing *sobs*

VioletEyesPop08
Yes, something @ life *** brightens up to see other ppl fairly happy w/ it.

I never understood the impact of his death until joining online forums like this..

soxrox
I didn't cry, but i was still sad and i can't get over the fact that he is dead sad He had so much potential and didn't deserve to die http://stud4.tuwien.ac.at/~e0326010/jackspam/norrington1.jpg

willofthewisp
821 signatures. I'm impressed.

ibd4eva
i signed!! oh norri!!

soxroxII
He basically Saved everyones life. I signed twice. Poor guy. Too much potential to die sad 'sigh' I thought he was so sexy. I LOVE JAMES NORRINGTONsmile WHY DID HE HAVE TO DIE????sad He was on the 2008 calendar. I will get the 2009 calendar and see if he is on that one. I have so many pictures of him on my cell phone. Poor Elizabeth.

soxroxII
NORRINGTON ROX UR SOX! He rox all of of our sox

Bwa Ha Ha
Totally!

Norringtonishot
He shouldn't have died. He risked his life for Elizabeth. He was like her personal "get out of jail free card"

Bwa Ha Ha
100% agreement here.

willofthewisp
Originally posted by Norringtonishot
He shouldn't have died. He risked his life for Elizabeth. He was like her personal "get out of jail free card"

Okay, gotta ask: what is up with Liz's hair in that picture? She and James are both sharing these little smiles. It's like they just had a make-out session before the camera started taking pictures. Doesn't it? It's like they're saying to each other, "just be cool." Lol.

I'm a bit dubious, though, because if they aren't bringing back Will and Liz it seems like a long shot to bring back James, but they should. POTC just isn't the same without all those people in it.

Bwa Ha Ha
Totally. Who knows? They might toss the idea out if things keep going the way they are....

ToddianGirl
Norrington was another person I loved. I hope he comes back I love James he's cool! I singed the petion to bring him back.

Bwa Ha Ha
Totally!

Boo_4_JamesN
Hello Everyone I'm new! I'm A huge big fan of James Norrington. I cied when I fond out how many pple love him, and there beautiul comments they have to say about him. I thought I was the only one who loved him so much I thought pple would think I was crazy if I told them how much I love him. I have a blog on myspace about James Norrington and a couple of links you guys mite like to see. I've only watch the 3rd film once, I pretend it doesnt exist. I realy hope they bring James Norrington back

Jaeh.is.Awesome
WELCOME TO KMC Boo4J..... dude, you have a long name - any nicknames? xD

I miss James Norrington. like, randomly. now.

pirate179
welcome BOO smile i miss james also sad

Bwa Ha Ha
sad

Tramps Lady
got competition now, sailor wink hahaha

PirateofOslo
James is super awesome, I adore him too! One of my fav moments in the series is in DMC in Tortuga, when he's like.. "My story...." Oh, goosebumps. LOVE him! He's a sexy pirate. He really is. Sexy icecream too, but he does look good in that pirate costume.

ToddianGirl
I love James too he's another one of my Favorite POTC characters. I loved his Pirate look in DMC he look so hot! I want James to come back in POTC4 Please BRING BACK JAMES NORRINGTON!

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by Tramps Lady
got competition now, sailor wink hahaha

HAH, I thought that, too xD

Bwa Ha Ha
XD

ICE CREAM!

Jaeh.is.Awesome
loool... I want pistachio. xD or durian... mhhhmmmm

Bwa Ha Ha
SPAGHETTI!

Boo_4_JamesN
Hi thanks yall. Yall can just call me Boo, boo is short for boobug.
My mom and lil bro calls Boo too. I miss James so much, James is the only reason why I watch Pirates

Bwa Ha Ha
Really? Wow. You must REALLY miss him then.

Boo_4_JamesN
Heck Yeah! My sisters complain about how I always choose Pirates over anything else thats offered to watch. I dont tell them that James is the only reason why I watch Pirates so much. I dont watch pirates everyday though of course. I have pics of James in my photo bucket and on myspace, so I can look at those when I want a glimpse of James. Lol I sound obsessed. But I'm not.

Bwa Ha Ha
Me: It's alright; we're all obsessed here. I'm obsessed, you're obsessed.

You: How do you know I'm obsessed?

Me: You must be, otherwise you wouldn't have come here.

(lulz random Alice in Wonderland spinoff)

Boo_4_JamesN
Lol so true, I am obsessed

Bwa Ha Ha
YAY NO MORE DENIAL!

Boo_4_JamesN
Yepp! I'm so curious if they are ganna put James back in pirates.

Bwa Ha Ha
They should.

The problem is: How?

Boo_4_JamesN
Yea I keep thinkin about that.

Bwa Ha Ha
Hmmmm.... People've been thinking he would probably be undead or something....

Boo_4_JamesN
yeah maybe, that would be enteresting

PirateofOslo
Originally posted by Bwa Ha Ha
XD

ICE CREAM!

That's what he describes himself as when he's in his commodore costume! Haha it was just such a temptation to call him an ice cream instead of commodore, I couldn't resist!

Bwa Ha Ha
yes

Those were the good ol' days....

Tramps Lady
maybe will or davy, asks him to work on the dutchman? :P

Boo_4_JamesN
Lol, I've never thought of him as an ice cream. I have a fit if James joins the Flying Duthman.

Bwa Ha Ha
http://pics.livejournal.com/viva_la_liberte/pic/0002q0f5/s640x480

PirateofOslo
Hahahahah awesomeness. I WANT NORRINGTON IN OST!!!

Bwa Ha Ha
NORRIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i14.tinypic.com/61vuetl.png

Bwa Ha Ha
And one more:

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u187/painajainen_/Norri/badnorri2.jpg

PirateofOslo
HAHAHAHAHAHHA LOVE the last one! Lolz baaaad Norrie smile

Bwa Ha Ha
big grin

http://www.joyful-molly.com/iconage/icon_animated_05.gif

And some exclusive Jack Davenport ones....

http://www.joyful-molly.com/iconage/icon_jackdav_21.jpg

http://www.joyful-molly.com/iconage/icon_jackdav_24.jpg

PirateofOslo
Hahahahhaaha gotta love that man. Jeez he really does have that something special smile And that british accent smile

Bwa Ha Ha
big grin True that.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs23/i/2007/334/7/b/Little_Norrington_by_Ruth_Tay.jpg

PirateofOslo
Hahahaha awww I hate that scene.. I ALWAYS tear up when he dies sad

Bwa Ha Ha
I know, right? So sad.

Also, I urge any Jack Davenport fans who haven't checked out 'Coupling' to do so immediately. It is MADE OF HILARITY.

And of course that good old British humor. wink

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a292/teh_snuddles/03/cplng104-002.png

PirateofOslo
I'll check it out! I love that good old british humor big grin

I actually started watching Flash Forward jus because he was in it.. But I got a bit tired of it, so I don't watch it anymore.. I mean, it's a great show, I'm just following so many, and it's not really my kind of show :P

ibd4eva
Ahh coupling is hilarious! But I don't have BBC anymore sad sad times.

Bwa Ha Ha
COUPLING!!!! I love all his rants, especially the cushion one. It's just so randomly random. Makes me wish I could go back to drama and perform it as a monologue.

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/3633/3131973547a4373388992b8bd6.jpg

PirateofOslo
We do like randomly random things smile

Bwa Ha Ha
big grin

http://media.mysofa.es/_images_/verticales/8/a/b/6/imagen_jack_davenport_0102_0.jpg

PirateofOslo
big grin

Bwa Ha Ha
eek!

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x27/Liz_Norrington/Norrington/norrington1.jpg

PirateofOslo
ICE CREAM MAN! big grin

Bwa Ha Ha
Do you know the muffin man,
the muffin man,
the muffin man....

No, but I know the ice cream one! eek!

PirateofOslo
Hahahaha I actually watched Shrek yesterday, lol :P

Bwa Ha Ha
laughing

How was it?

PirateofOslo
It was funny, as always smile Did you know they're making a 4th one?

Bwa Ha Ha
Oh, yeah. I heard about that. LOL It seems every trilogy I know of is getting a fourth installment.

PirateofOslo
Haha true. And the National Treasure series is becomming a trilogy! I'm SUPER excited for that one. I looooove those movies. Even though Nicholas Cage is kinda annoying, I still ADORE them.

Bwa Ha Ha
It is? I did not know that. When?

PirateofOslo
They annouonced it when they announced the title of OST! I'm not sure exactly when, but I'm assuming sometime next year..? I'm SO excited.

PirateofOslo
Ok, so I did a little reading, and GUESS WHAT!!??? Gary Oldman(Sirius Black) has signed on to play the villain!!! OMG!!! I'm BEYOND excited now. It's set to be released in 2011, like I assumed smile

Bwa Ha Ha
Wait, in Shrek? That's really unexpected! eek!

PirateofOslo
Hahahahah no, in National Treasure! big grin

Bwa Ha Ha
Okay! That's slightly less unexpected! eek!

PirateofOslo
And super dooper awesome! big grin

Bwa Ha Ha
Totally Awesome!

PirateofOslo
AAAAND we get more Justin Bartha sexiness smile

ibd4eva
Gary Oldman in NATIONAL TREASURE?!! FREAKING AWESOME!! ahh I LOVE National Treasure!

Mmm Justin Bartha...

Bwa Ha Ha
Yay!!!!

PirateofOslo
I'm soooooooooo excited big grin

Bwa Ha Ha
ME TOO! eek!

ibd4eva
ME THREE!!!

Bwa Ha Ha
eek!

Bwa Ha Ha
eek!

PirateofOslo
Haha yey for double posting! big grin

Bwa Ha Ha
>.<

PirateofOslo
Haha I love that jacket smile

Bwa Ha Ha
big grin So do I.

He wears really cool stuff sometimes.

Such as.... Kilts.

ibd4eva
^^ Glambert win.

Bwa Ha Ha
And his glamkilt. LOL All his rants on Twitter nowadays have 'glam-something' in them. It's pretty funny.

So kilts, spikes, corsets.... He'll pretty much wear anything and make it look good.

PirateofOslo
GLAMBITION big grin

Mulic
ill admit to the HATE! of james norrington. but i suspect that you are supposed to feel this hatred.

Bwa Ha Ha
Well, THAT was an abrupt conversation killer.

Of course everyone has their opinions. Though I am curious: Why exactly 'hate' and not just 'dislike'?

And on a seperate note: Yes, he has lots and lots of glambition. And a glamily. It should come as no surprise that his tour's called 'Glam Nation'. wink

PirateofOslo
You're not SUPPOSED to hate Norrington, you're supposed to love and adore him. You're doing it WRONG.

Bwa Ha Ha
ur doin it wrong

Ericadawn
Originally posted by PirateofOslo
You're not SUPPOSED to hate Norrington, you're supposed to love and adore him. You're doing it WRONG.

I agree!

Bwa Ha Ha
So.

Haven't seen you around here in a while.

How've you been?

Ericadawn
I'm good, thanks. I got busy with Doctor Who and Torchwood but starting to get back into POTC more now that the fourth one is coming out.

Too bad James won't be in it...

Bwa Ha Ha
Ah, new fandoms... Which Doctor Who?

No one in this series stays dead for long. Who knows? He might show up! eek!

Ericadawn
Oh, I hope so, after all, it's got Groves and Gillette...

"Which Doctor Who?" about all of them, I've seen all of NuWho but I'm slowly going back and watching the old ones...which means I'm still on the First Doctor from the 60s. I wish Jack Davenport would be on a new episode especially since Steven Moffat is in charge and I love when Jack does his writing.

Bwa Ha Ha
Hopefully...

Oooh, that'd be really cool! So which DW is the best to you?

Ericadawn
Hmm, I like all of the Doctors I've seen but I think my favorite is actually 11. Who knows? When 12 is around, I might say 12 but I also really love Steven Moffat and Matt is so goofy and adorable but serious when he needs to be.

siriuswriter
OMG. Just watched "The Talented Mr. Ripley" over here. Jack Davenport is AMAZING. This should be a requirement for those who watch PotC.

Ericadawn
I always get sad watching that one but I was just rewatching The Wedding Date. He and Amy Adams are adorable together.

Have you seen Ultraviolet? He hunts down vampires! It's a really good show, drama and action.

Bwa Ha Ha
Oooh! I LOVE TTMR and TWD! Personally, I like TTMR better, but that's just 'cuz it's all psychological and stuff...

Amazing actor, nevertheless.

siriuswriter
Originally posted by Ericadawn
I always get sad watching that one but I was just rewatching The Wedding Date. He and Amy Adams are adorable together.

Have you seen Ultraviolet? He hunts down vampires! It's a really good show, drama and action.

OMG. That was Jack. My god, he's EVERYWHERE.

Bwa Ha Ha
Ultraviolet? A show? Isn't it a movie?

Ericadawn
There was a movie called Ultraviolet which was absolutely horrible and had nothing to do with the British television series.

Let me try and find it on Youtube. Here ya go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_AAdFmm84A

It appears that the entire series is on Youtube, yay! This is from 1998 so Jack's a lot younger and so is Stephen Moyer who plays a vampire. Some of you might know him from True Blood where he also plays a vampire.

Bwa Ha Ha
OoooOOOOooooohh...........

Gonna watch it as soon as I can!

Bwa Ha Ha
Originally posted by Bwa Ha Ha
Oooh! I LOVE TTMR and TWD! Personally, I like TTMR better, but that's just 'cuz it's all psychological and stuff...

Amazing actor, nevertheless.

Oh. I thought I was talking about The Walking Dead.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.