Kratos v.s. Sora

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FortressXRuler
This one has a twist. Kratos is in infinite Rage of the Titans mode, while Sora is in any form he chooses, but the form he chooses he will have to use all throughout the battle.

Xenogears
I have not that much knowledge on Kratos. What can he do?

Violent2Dope
Well I reckon if he has infinate Rage of the Titans he would be invincible the whole match so would by default win.

Sado22
that's what youtube is for xenoqueer! mad
chair

~The Chair Smashing Sado-sama

Violent2Dope
I take back what I said up there, I got RotT and RotG confused.

Xenogears
Originally posted by Sado22
that's what youtube is for xenoqueer! mad
chair

~The Chair Smashing Sado-sama 313

Kazenji
Kratos easily that *** sora would'nt even touch him except for kratos's crotch.

Violent2Dope
Kratos wins, stronger, better magic, better combat skill, more brutal, and more experience.

Lord Ryugen
You know I might have to say Sora clinches a hard win. Over his two games he's brought down two Titans, and bested Hades twice, admittedly they were Disneyfied but hell thats still quite a feather in his cap.

Xenogears
Can someone explain why the villains in Disney's Hercules are weaker than the original incarnations?

FortressXRuler
Because, if they make the disney versions as strong as their normal incarnation, the bad guys would totally slaughter them. Duh!!

Lord Ryugen
Really? I can't remember any Greek legend where the Gods did something truly spectacular, or proved that they couldn't be killed. Mind you most of my studies into myths were Norse.

FortressXRuler
Well, you should take a look at the Greek Gods then. Their feats are unimagineable

King Kandy
Originally posted by FortressXRuler
Well, you should take a look at the Greek Gods then. Their feats are unimagineable
What? Tossing Mt. Etna?

FortressXRuler
No.

Lord Ryugen

Perhaps I will, but it's four in the morning and the Gods aren't combatants. Both Kratos and Sora have defeated Gods twice. Sora beat Hades the first time under his own power, and with help from Hercules put him down a second time in the Underworld. Kratos beat Ares with a massive upgrade from Pandora's Box, and accidentally killed Athena with a weapon forged by the Gods. He also kicked the ever loving crap out of Zeus, but then Sora brought two Titans to heel.

Xenogears
Disney's Hercules is based off of the myth of Hercules although it differs slightly from the original legend. There is absolutely no proof of the characters being weaker in any one of the stories as far as I'm concerned. Disney's Hercules has feats comparable to the original version's; as a mortal, he tossed a cyclops the size of Godzilla off a cliff with little effort. He defeated Hydra who's a giant three-headed serpent as well with ease. He has regained his divinity after saving Megara from the deathpool. Disney's Hades and the Greek Titans don't seem any weaker than the original versions.

judgement hand
disney blows a goat. kratos rips sora in half, and shove his head farther up mickey's ass more than it already is

~the disney killing hand of judgement

Lord Ryugen
So you're saying that because you don't like Disney Sora loses?

Xenogears
That's not even an argument but whatever.

Edit:Originally posted by FortressXRuler
Because, if they make the disney versions as strong as their normal incarnation, the bad guys would totally slaughter them. Duh!! Xehanort's Heartless, Jafar, and Xemnas are beings with comparable power to those characters so, it stands to reason Sora is capable of defeating such opponents with his legendary weapon.

Kazenji
Sora defeat kratos with his mighty keyblade i like to see that laughing

Lord Ryugen
It's entirely possible, if you look at both characters feats over their two games. For every monster Kratos massacres there's a comparable Heartless or Nobody that Sora defeats.
Sora also has a definite edge in most physical aspects, he's faster and more agile than Kratos, this also improves no matter which form he takes, his jumping speed and distance is superior and outstrips a base Kratos by far if once again he uses a form. Though Kratos can even the playing field with Rage of The Titans.
Sora's strength is sufficient to cut buildings at least four stories tall in half with a single strike at the end of KH 2. This places him at Kratos' level. Sora also has a more varied selection of magic and is capable of healing himself, not to mention that in Wisdom form he can rapid fire magic while moving. something which Kratos is completely incapable of, although I would say that damage wise Kratos is superior.
The main reason that I say Sora would steal the win is his reaction commands. Both characters are incredibly resourceful at fighting but Sora is simply better equipped to deal whatever Kratos throws at him. He can short range teleport from a ranged attack to the attacker, and has far greater countering abilities at close range when attacked.
Overall I say that Sora takes a 6/10 majority.

Xenogears
Originally posted by Lord Ryugen
It's entirely possible, if you look at both characters feats over their two games. For every monster Kratos massacres there's a comparable Heartless or Nobody that Sora defeats.
Sora also has a definite edge in most physical aspects, he's faster and more agile than Kratos, this also improves no matter which form he takes, his jumping speed and distance is superior and outstrips a base Kratos by far if once again he uses a form. Though Kratos can even the playing field with Rage of The Titans.
Sora's strength is sufficient to cut buildings at least four stories tall in half with a single strike at the end of KH 2. This places him at Kratos' level. Sora also has a more varied selection of magic and is capable of healing himself, not to mention that in Wisdom form he can rapid fire magic while moving. something which Kratos is completely incapable of, although I would say that damage wise Kratos is superior.
The main reason that I say Sora would steal the win is his reaction commands. Both characters are incredibly resourceful at fighting but Sora is simply better equipped to deal whatever Kratos throws at him. He can short range teleport from a ranged attack to the attacker, and has far greater countering abilities at close range when attacked.
Overall I say that Sora takes a 6/10 majority. Cosigned.

Violent2Dope
Strength: Kratos, easily. He was able to stop the Colossus of Rhodes foot from crushing him, and threw him hundreds of feet away. The Colossus is about 150-200 feet tall.
Speed: Sora, although Kratos' chain Blades will make it difficult to use it.
Durability: Kratos takes blows from giant beasts like the Kraken, electricly charged punches from Zeus, even powerful thunderbolts fired by him.
Equipment: Kratos has the Golden Fleece to deflect ranged attacks and blocks melee attacks with it and do a quick counter,has a larger selection of weapons, and knows how to use them. His Blades of Athena are long range melee weapons that allow him to inflict powerful combos with fire surrounding the blades. Artemis' Blade is a large sword that hacks enemies to pieces with great ease, Barbarian Hammer is a large mallet which can summon undead souls to fight for you and has a powerful attack which sends a shockwave in front of Kratos, Spear of Destiny has a long attack range, can shoot a powerful blast, and extends during combos, Blade of Olympus shoots a powerful blast, is a large sword that cuts enemies in pieces, and has the power of the God of War in the blade.
Magic: Kratos has more powerful and effective offensive spells and more of them, Poseidons Rage and Atlas'(can't remember second part) are effective spells to keep Sora away from him as they attack all sides of Kratos, Head of Euryale can be used to turn Sora to stone and a few slashes will break him to pieces, Kratos has aspell to summon invincible minions from Hades to kill Sora, Cronos' Rage sets electric traps, he can use magic to summon a bow that shoots wind arrows and can make a small tornado, and hecan throw thunderbolts.
Brutality: Kratos literally rips enemies in half and is a moralless sociopath.

I honestly see no way Sora will win.

Xenogears
9ZicWCiVfM0

Violent2Dope
I would watch that but the com I'm on won't allow me to.stick out tongue

Xenogears
http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/MJOLNIR_VII/Madsmiley.gif

Violent2Dope
Kratos still wins.

Lord Ryugen
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Strength: Kratos, easily. He was able to stop the Colossus of Rhodes foot from crushing him, and threw him hundreds of feet away. The Colossus is about 150-200 feet tall.
Speed: Sora, although Kratos' chain Blades will make it difficult to use it.
Durability: Kratos takes blows from giant beasts like the Kraken, electricly charged punches from Zeus, even powerful thunderbolts fired by him.
Equipment: Kratos has the Golden Fleece to deflect ranged attacks and blocks melee attacks with it and do a quick counter,has a larger selection of weapons, and knows how to use them. His Blades of Athena are long range melee weapons that allow him to inflict powerful combos with fire surrounding the blades. Artemis' Blade is a large sword that hacks enemies to pieces with great ease, Barbarian Hammer is a large mallet which can summon undead souls to fight for you and has a powerful attack which sends a shockwave in front of Kratos, Spear of Destiny has a long attack range, can shoot a powerful blast, and extends during combos, Blade of Olympus shoots a powerful blast, is a large sword that cuts enemies in pieces, and has the power of the God of War in the blade.
Magic: Kratos has more powerful and effective offensive spells and more of them, Poseidons Rage and Atlas'(can't remember second part) are effective spells to keep Sora away from him as they attack all sides of Kratos, Head of Euryale can be used to turn Sora to stone and a few slashes will break him to pieces, Kratos has aspell to summon invincible minions from Hades to kill Sora, Cronos' Rage sets electric traps, he can use magic to summon a bow that shoots wind arrows and can make a small tornado, and hecan throw thunderbolts.
Brutality: Kratos literally rips enemies in half and is a moralless sociopath.

I honestly see no way Sora will win.

Strength: Kratos still possessed some of his Godhood during the Colossus fight, as a mortal I'd agree he has an edge but nothing Sora can't compensate against.
Speed: Sora has all the advantages, he's faster on both ground and air and all his forms increase this. He also has Reaction Commands. Split second counters that can be anything from a simple Dodge and counter strike to: grabbing energy attacks with the Keyblade (Silver Rock, Bolt Tower) using the enemy as a weapon (various enemies,) and teleportation (Sniper.)
Durability: Kratos has a definite advantage but he's not invincible and unlike Sora he can't heal away any damage he takes.
Equipment: Kratos has more options in attack but Sora is still more than fast enough to dodge and counter attacks. The Golden Fleece needs split second timing and I do think Sora could overwhelm Kratos with quick physical and magic attacks,
Magic. Kratos does have better offensive magic but it's mostly slow and has little range. If Sora keeps his cool he can get out of range and strike back with a quick fire or blizzard spell. He also possesses healing and shielding magic meaning that unlike Kratos he doesn't have to worry so much about being hit. The head of Euryale is very dangerous but heck a Kratos can dodge stone blasts so can Sora, not to mention Sora's refelect magic may be capable of stopping or redirecting the beam. The Hades Spirt attack is very easy to dodge so I doubt Sora would take any significant damage from it.
Brutality: Kratos by a country mile, however in terms of determination to win they're equal and the stakes Sora plays for are much higher.
They're both capable of victory he but I think Sora has enough of an advatage to steal a majority.

Violent2Dope
Strength: Kratos still possessed some of his Godhood during the Colossus fight, as a mortal I'd agree he has an edge but nothing Sora can't compensate against.
Speed: Sora has all the advantages, he's faster on both ground and air and all his forms increase this. He also has Reaction Commands. Split second counters that can be anything from a simple Dodge and counter strike to: grabbing energy attacks with the Keyblade (Silver Rock, Bolt Tower) using the enemy as a weapon (various enemies,) and teleportation (Sniper.)
Durability: Kratos has a definite advantage but he's not invincible and unlike Sora he can't heal away any damage he takes.
Equipment: Kratos has more options in attack but Sora is still more than fast enough to dodge and counter attacks. The Golden Fleece needs split second timing and I do think Sora could overwhelm Kratos with quick physical and magic attacks,
Magic. Kratos does have better offensive magic but it's mostly slow and has little range. If Sora keeps his cool he can get out of range and strike back with a quick fire or blizzard spell. He also possesses healing and shielding magic meaning that unlike Kratos he doesn't have to worry so much about being hit. The head of Euryale is very dangerous but heck a Kratos can dodge stone blasts so can Sora, not to mention Sora's refelect magic may be capable of stopping or redirecting the beam. The Hades Spirt attack is very easy to dodge so I doubt Sora would take any significant damage from it.
Brutality: Kratos by a country mile, however in terms of determination to win they're equal and the stakes Sora plays for are much higher.
They're both capable of victory he but I think Sora has enough of an advatage to steal a majority. And I disagree but accept your opinion and think you made some good pointssmile

Xenogears
They're both capable of victory he but I think Sora has enough of an advatage to steal a majority. You know, I was working on a rebuttal in opposition to V2D's post but I stopped half way and posted that video, since it explained what most of my post was about. Sora's Firaga, Thundaga, and Blizzaga are superb in his final form. He has some other spells such as Magnega, Reflega, Stopga, Aeroga, and Curaga as well. His reaction time is highly impressive due to the reaction commands. I've taken into consideration how quickly he deflects Xemnas's lasers near the end of the final battle with Rikku.

Violent2Dope
Sora's only real advantages are his Reaction commands, slightly better speed, and defense magic.

Xenogears
I seriously doubt Kratos is anywhere near as fast as Sora.

Lord Ryugen
Sora has significantly better speed and reflexes and what attacks he can't dodge he can heal or defend against. In my eyes he does hold a slight advantage.

Violent2Dope
Sora's faster but not a speed demon. Honestly, since Kratos gets infinate Rage of the Titans this is a bit of a curbstomp. He's stronger, takes less damage, has even bigger range with Athena's Blades, and can release a burst of fire to get Sora away if he gets too close. And as far as strength, Ryugen was right that was when Kratos still had some God powers but even before that he was strong enough to ram the giant head of the Kraken through a large spike thingy. Oh, and I don't know if this counts for anything, Kratos is Zeus' son and is a demigod.

Xenogears
Sora's faster but not a speed demon. Honestly, since Kratos gets infinate Rage of the Titans this is a bit of a curbstomp. He's stronger, takes less damage, has even bigger range with Athena's Blades, and can release a burst of fire to get Sora away if he gets too close. And as far as strength, Ryugen was right that was when Kratos still had some God powers but even before that he was strong enough to ram the giant head of the Kraken through a large spike thingy. Oh, and I don't know if this counts for anything, Kratos is Zeus' son and is a demigod. 1. Speaking of range, hell Sora uses his blades like boomerangs. Thundaga can be casted on opponents from any point on the battlefield.

2. Strength will not be a big factor in this battle. Sora's weapons are so insanely powerful that he doesn't need to be strong. Look at the types of opponents he's faced and defeated.

3. Sora has beaten gods and demi-gods. Go figure.

Kratos is definitely capable of scoring a win, though.

Violent2Dope
Kratos beat Zeus, without his Godlike power. Also, the Gods in God of War games are stronger IMO. Strength not a big factor? It'll be a big factor when Kratos takes one of Sora's blows like a sponge, grabs him and crushes his windpipe. The Golden Fleece is not hard to use, block a melee attack and then Kratos will counter by slamming his blades on the ground causing a firy shockwave. Kratos fights Gorgons, quick, agile, and hard as hell to hit. Kratos could lift up a piece of earth or a pillar or something and throw it at Sora, crushing him. With his bow he could rapidly fire wind arrows which are EXTREMELY hard to miss with. Atlas quake will pound the ground and send Sora flying in the air where Kratos will be able to grab him with his chain blades and slam him on the ground with them. Euryale's blast, a move that can be done with he head and a fast move at that, if it hit would turn him to stone instantly leaving him easy pickings for his blades.

Lord Ryugen
Sora's faster but not a speed demon. Honestly, since Kratos gets infinate Rage of the Titans this is a bit of a curbstomp. He's stronger, takes less damage, has even bigger range with Athena's Blades, and can release a burst of fire to get Sora away if he gets too close. And as far as strength, Ryugen was right that was when Kratos still had some God powers but even before that he was strong enough to ram the giant head of the Kraken through a large spike thingy. Oh, and I don't know if this counts for anything, Kratos is Zeus' son and is a demigod.
True but Sora has enough of a speed advantage to make it count. Rage of the Titans is good but lets face it any attack Kratos makes is a combo so if he doesn't hit with the first strike he's got a problem. The increased defense is an advantage mind. If Sora uses Wisdom form he can pummel him with long range magic spells and energy attacks. and in regards to Kratos' strength without God strength I believe that the Keyblade's magic gives sora a respectable countermeasure. Oh and being a Demi God really won't count for much seeing as Sora's essentially beaten up gods before.

Xenogears
Kratos beat Zeus, without his Godlike power. Also, the Gods in God of War games are stronger IMO. Strength not a big factor? It'll be a big factor when Kratos takes one of Sora's blows like a sponge, grabs him and crushes his windpipe. The Golden Fleece is not hard to use, block a melee attack and then Kratos will counter by slamming his blades on the ground causing a firy shockwave. Kratos fights Gorgons, quick, agile, and hard as hell to hit. Kratos could lift up a piece of earth or a pillar or something and throw it at Sora, crushing him. With his bow he could rapidly fire wind arrows which are EXTREMELY hard to miss with. Atlas quake will pound the ground and send Sora flying in the air where Kratos will be able to grab him with his chain blades and slam him on the ground with them. Euryale's blast, a move that can be done with he head and a fast move at that, if it hit would turn him to stone instantly leaving him easy pickings for his blades. That sounded so biased that it's not even funny.

You should seriously see that video I posted. Can't you watch youtube videos?

Edit: I'm bored.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Xenogears
That sounded so biased that it's not even funny.

You should seriously see that video I posted. Can't you watch youtube videos? Well I see why you would think it would sound biased but when I said that I was just saying end results, the fight would not be that short. I change my mind however that it wouldn't be a curbstomp, provided he uses final form, but I think Kratos would win. Yes I watched the vid.

Xenogears
Well I see why you would think it would sound biased but when I said that I was just saying end results, the fight would not be that short. I change my mind however that it wouldn't be a curbstomp, provided he uses final form, but I think Kratos would win. Yes I watched the vid. Alright. smile

BlaxicanHydra
Time for makeup butsekz.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
Time for makeup butsekz. Only if Kratos and Sora can join.big grin

Xenogears
Cactus ass would hurt.

ermm

Violent2Dope
Kratos is a pimp. I GoW2 right after meeting two babes he had a threesome with them.

Xenogears
Didn't he have sex with Fatdusa or something?

BlaxicanHydra
Cactus ass would hurt.

ermm

Th first few tearings of your anal tissue would hurt, yes. But eventually the torn flesh would hemmorage and become numb, and all will be good again.

Violent2Dope
Didn't he have sex with Fatdusa or something? What the hell are you talkin about?

Xenogears
Nevermind then.

Lord Ryugen
Kratos beat Zeus, without his Godlike power. Also, the Gods in God of War games are stronger IMO. Strength not a big factor? It'll be a big factor when Kratos takes one of Sora's blows like a sponge, grabs him and crushes his windpipe. The Golden Fleece is not hard to use, block a melee attack and then Kratos will counter by slamming his blades on the ground causing a firy shockwave. Kratos fights Gorgons, quick, agile, and hard as hell to hit. Kratos could lift up a piece of earth or a pillar or something and throw it at Sora, crushing him. With his bow he could rapidly fire wind arrows which are EXTREMELY hard to miss with. Atlas quake will pound the ground and send Sora flying in the air where Kratos will be able to grab him with his chain blades and slam him on the ground with them. Euryale's blast, a move that can be done with he head and a fast move at that, if it hit would turn him to stone instantly leaving him easy pickings for his blades.

True but then again he was using God forged weapons so I imagine the magic in them allowed him to get past Zeus' invulnerability. unless anyone could kill a God in Kratos' world. And I never said strength wasn't a factor merely that Sora has a good countermeasure, His speed and magic abilities. Sora can give a quick couple of strikes and then escape with Quick Run and Glide. It's not just a lump of metal you know it's an extremely powerful magical weapon and given the things Sora's faced down with it I hardly think Kratos will just ignore any shot. And no the fleece isn't hard to use but i don't believe that Kratos can counter everything Sora will throw at him and it only takes one shot to create an opening, and even if he does get to strike Sora has a shockwave counter of his own that knocks his enemies horrifically off balance. Any thing Kratos picks up and throws can be dodged or destroyed with the Keyblade as at the end of KH2 Xemnas is throwing buildings at Sora and he's wrecking them with single shots. Typhons Bow doesn't home its merely fast and and can be dodged or Sora could use the sniper reaction command and teleport in Kratos' face get a couple of shots in form his aerial combo and double jump and glide out of range to heal any damage. Euryale's head is the biggest threat for as you said Euryale's blast is quick and instantly turns a person to stone. but I believe that Sora's reflect magic should protect him. Mind you that is simply conjecture on my part.

Violent2Dope
Wait, hold on, Goddamnit BH, you made us derail another thread!

BlaxicanHydra
I derailed nothing.

Xenogears
I derailed nothing. haermm

BlaxicanHydra
13jockey

Violent2Dope
True but then again he was using God forged weapons so I imagine the magic in them allowed him to get past Zeus' invulnerability. unless anyone could kill a God in Kratos' world. And I never said strength wasn't a factor merely that Sora has a good countermeasure, His speed and magic abilities. Sora can give a quick couple of strikes and then escape with Quick Run and Glide. It's not just a lump of metal you know it's an extremely powerful magical weapon and given the things Sora's faced down with it I hardly think Kratos will just ignore any shot. And no the fleece isn't hard to use but i don't believe that Kratos can counter everything Sora will throw at him and it only takes one shot to create an opening, and even if he does get to strike Sora has a shockwave counter of his own that knocks his enemies horrifically off balance. Any thing Kratos picks up and throws can be dodged or destroyed with the Keyblade as at the end of KH2 Xemnas is throwing buildings at Sora and he's wrecking them with single shots. Typhons Bow doesn't home its merely fast and and can be dodged or Sora could use the sniper reaction command and teleport in Kratos' face get a couple of shots in form his aerial combo and double jump and glide out of range to heal any damage. Euryale's head is the biggest threat for as you said Euryale's blast is quick and instantly turns a person to stone. but I believe that Sora's reflect magic should protect him. Mind you that is simply conjecture on my part. Okay when fighting Zeus after losing the Blade of Olympus to him Kratos WRESTLED it out of his hands, so a large part of the fight was done without the sword. Sora also relies heavily on combos to do a large bulk of his damage and that combo would be denied if Kratos could Fleece his first move, but I know that you're saying it wouldn't be some instant win. Kratos locks on to enemies when using Typhon's Bow and can fire many rapid shots, but these could be blocked like how he was blocking Xemnas' lasers so it wouldn't be instant victory, that I can acknowledge. However, the sniper reaction can only work on Xigbar as he was riding Xigbar's beam and using his manipulation of space against him. Reflct may protect him or not, it's just pure speculation but it's not unreasonable to say it won't, but that's only provided he has it cast on him at the moment. You convinced me that it wouldn't be a curbstomp but I still believe Kratos will win.

Xenogears
Okay when fighting Zeus after losing the Blade of Olympus to him Kratos WRESTLED it out of his hands, so a large part of the fight was done without the sword. Sora also relies heavily on combos to do a large bulk of his damage and that combo would be denied if Kratos could Fleece his first move, but I know that you're saying it wouldn't be some instant win. Kratos locks on to enemies when using Typhon's Bow and can fire many rapid shots, but these could be blocked like how he was blocking Xemnas' lasers so it wouldn't be instant victory, that I can acknowledge. However, the sniper reaction can only work on Xigbar as he was riding Xigbar's beam and using his manipulation of space against him. Reflct may protect him or not, it's just pure speculation but it's not unreasonable to say it won't, but that's only provided he has it cast on him at the moment. You convinced me that it wouldn't be a curbstomp but I still believe Kratos will win. Just want to make some points:

1. Sora locks onto enemies as well.

2. Even though the Warp Snipe command only works on Xigbar and Sniper Nobodies, he still has the ability to teleport.

3. Sora's Reflega defends against any attack in the game.

BlaxicanHydra
Even ugly people who break mirrors?

Violent2Dope
Just want to make some points:

1. Sora locks onto enemies as well.

2. Warp Snipe does not only work on Xigbar. Sora teleports against Lancer Nobodies as well.

3. Sora's Reflega defends against any attack in the game. 1. Never said he didn't but has he locked with anyone of Zeus' strength?
2. No, that reaction is called "jump" and he does it by using the learn command three times.
3. I said it would probably would work.

BH, please stop, I'm trying to have a serious debate here.

Lord Ryugen
Okay when fighting Zeus after losing the Blade of Olympus to him Kratos WRESTLED it out of his hands, so a large part of the fight was done without the sword. Sora also relies heavily on combos to do a large bulk of his damage and that combo would be denied if Kratos could Fleece his first move, but I know that you're saying it wouldn't be some instant win. Kratos locks on to enemies when using Typhon's Bow and can fire many rapid shots, but these could be blocked like how he was blocking Xemnas' lasers so it wouldn't be instant victory, that I can acknowledge. However, the sniper reaction can only work on Xigbar as he was riding Xigbar's beam and using his manipulation of space against him. Reflct may protect him or not, it's just pure speculation but it's not unreasonable to say it won't, but that's only provided he has it cast on him at the moment. You convinced me that it wouldn't be a curbstomp but I still believe Kratos will win.
I admitted it was speculation that Reflect could stop Euryales' head that's just what I feel so don't worry I only wanted to mention it there and I'm Not going to use it in this debate. Yes Kratos did wrestle the Blade of Olympus from Zeus but only after beating him with the Blades of Athena, a weapon that as the name suggests is God forged.you are correct that most of Sora's damage comes from combos but not all of it. If he just uses his combo finishers, a strategy which can be used in the game he can still cause a lot of damage in addition to causing significant knockback. And Sora doesn't just use the teleport against Xigbar he also uses it against the nobody snipers hence why I mentioned it, if he can perform the same maneuver on different ranged attackers I don't see a problem with him using it against Typhon's bow.

Xenogears
1. Never said he didn't but has he locked with anyone of Zeus' strength?
2. No, that reaction is called "jump" and he does it by using the learn command three times.
3. I said it would probably would work.

BH, please stop, I'm trying to have a serious debate here. 1. He can lock on to Hercules/Hades/Titans, etc.; he can lock on to enemies, bosses, and even items.

2. He's learned how to do it...fighting against Xigbar, certain enemies etc. does not give him the ability to teleport, though I know you didn't state that. Warp Snipe only works on them yes, but that's because they shoot out that thing he kicks around.

3. It deflects Hades' fireballs, Xemnas' lasers etc.; I'm positive it would work here too.

Violent2Dope
I agree with everything you said except the comments on Typhon's Bane. The Sniper Nobodies are controlled by Xigbar and use the same powers only on a smaller scale. They won't work on Typhon's Bane.

Lord Ryugen
Hmm that is a good point...alright I'll concede the teleport but I still think Sora can block and dodge until Kratos runs out of magic and then just heal away any damage, the end of the Xemnas fight gives a good example of how effective Sora's defense is.

Violent2Dope
1. He can lock on to Hercules/Hades/Titans, etc.; he can lock on to enemies, bosses, and even items.

2. He's learned how to do it...fighting against Xigbar, certain enemies etc. does not give him the ability to teleport. Warp Snipe only works on them yes, but that's because they shoot out that thing he kicks around.

3. It deflects Hades' fireballs, Xemnas' lasers etc.; I'm positive it would work here too.
1. Oh I was confused on what you meant by locked on so yeah you're right.
2. No, you mentioned he did the same to the Lancer Nobodies, he uses a reaction command called learn three times and then does a reaction command called jump. Sora cannot teleport, he uses the snipers and Xigbars beam which manipulates space to ride it and yse it to his advantage.
3. I agreed with you.

Violent2Dope
Hmm that is a good point...alright I'll concede the teleport but I still think Sora can block and dodge until Kratos runs out of magic and then just heal away any damage, the end of the Xemnas fight gives a good example of how effective Sora's defense is. Even without magic Kratos is a melee monster and a damage sponge who can dodge attacks by rolling out of the way, so really the same argument you just made I can use in favor of Kratos, minus the healing add on insane durability, and in straight up melee, no magic Kratos is dominant.

Xenogears
1. Oh I was confused on what you meant by locked on so yeah you're right.
2. No, you mentioned he did the same to the Lancer Nobodies, he uses a reaction command called learn three times and then does a reaction command called jump. Sora cannot teleport, he uses the snipers and Xigbars beam which manipulates space to ride it and yse it to his advantage.
3. I agreed with you. Xigbar and the Sniper Nobodies do not manipulate space foo! mad

hug

BlaxicanHydra
I keep reading it as Sniper
noodles".

Lord Ryugen
Without magic Kratos loses all his ranged options, Sora can wear him down by keeping out of Kratos' range and blasting him with random magic attacks so Kratos has a hard time countering with the fleece. Won't stop him but it'll give Sora an advantage, and if he keeps up hit and run tactics with the combo finishers by using the negative combo skill and Fenrir he can continuously knock Kratos away. It'll take a long time but it's a good way for sora to win.

Violent2Dope
Xigbar and the Sniper Nobodies do not manipulate space foo! mad

hug Yes they do, every Organization member manipulates an element, that's Xigbar's. These aren't the classic earth, water, fire and air elements either. Notice how Xigbar warps, stands upsidedown, and all that shit. That's space manipulation. The sniper nobodies are controlled by Xigbar, and as such possess the same powers, but on a smaller scale.

Xenogears
I keep reading it as Sniper
noodles". LMFAO

Lord Ryugen
Sorry Xenogears, Violents right hence why I stopped the teleport strategy

Violent2Dope
Without magic Kratos loses all his ranged options, Sora can wear him down by keeping out of Kratos' range and blasting him with random magic attacks so Kratos has a hard time countering with the fleece. Won't stop him but it'll give Sora an advantage, and if he keeps up hit and run tactics with the combo finishers by using the negative combo skill and Fenrir he can continuously knock Kratos away. It'll take a long time but it's a good way for sora to win. Kratos isn't easy to hit man. A combination of the Fleece, dodge roll, and his insane durability he can wait for Sora to run out of magic and proceed to melee fight him, which is a fight Kratos will likely win. Also, Kratos is capable of reversing blows like Sora, as shown the way he beats Zeus.

Xenogears
Yes they do, every Organization member manipulates an element, that's Xigbar's. These aren't the classic earth, water, fire and air elements either. Notice how Xigbar warps, stands upsidedown, and all that shit. That's space manipulation. The sniper nobodies are controlled by Xigbar, and as such possess the same powers, but on a smaller scale. I stand corrected then. However, keep in mind that the command Sora does against the Dragoon Nobodies is also a teleport, and although it is learned it is...learned. He could not've forgetten how to do it.

Violent2Dope
I stand corrected then. However, keep in mind that the command Sora does against the Dragoon Nobodies is also a teleport, and although it is learned it is...learned. He could not've forgetten how to do it. Why does he not use it any other time then? He learns it by watching the Lancer nobodies and then uses it against them.

Lord Ryugen
true but in a melee fight i tend to pick the faster guy, Sora can unleash a strike and if it doesn't work he can escape and wait for another chance. In that kind of a fight I say Sora has an advantage, if he hits Kratos gets knocked out of range for a counter attack and if it doesn't then Sora has a good chance to get into a good definsive postition. Although if it goes that far then this infinate Rage of the Titans is really going to start working in Kratos' favour.

Violent2Dope
true but in a melee fight i tend to pick the faster guy, Sora can unleash a strike and if it doesn't work he can escape and wait for another chance. In that kind of a fight I say Sora has an advantage, if he hits Kratos gets knocked out of range for a counter attack and if it doesn't then Sora has a good chance to get into a good definsive postition. Although if it goes that far then this infinate Rage of the Titans is really going to start working in Kratos' favour. Kratos if he fails a strike can do the same thing and roll away(which he does very quickly). In melee Kratos has more range, strength, his strikes are fast, and are on fire(which is cool) cool

Xenogears
Why does he not use it any other time then? He learns it by watching the Lancer nobodies and then uses it against them. It makes no sense that Sora has to learn how to do something each times he confronts an enemy. It's simply a game mechanic. I mean, you could use the learn command 20 times during the battle with Xaldin.

Violent2Dope
It makes no sense that Sora has to learn how to do something each times he confronts an enemy. It's simply a game mechanic. I mean, you could use the learn command 20 times during the battle with Xaldin. You have a point but this kinda brings us to a stalemate as there's no evidence to say he can use it against Kratos but there's none that says he can.

Lord Ryugen
Kratos if he fails a strike can do the same thing and roll away(which he does very quickly). In melee Kratos has more range, strength, his strikes are fast, and are on fire(which is cool) cool
Kratos' range isn't that great you know, Quick Run would easily take Sora outside of any non magical attacks range, the strength advantage can be countered with counterstrikes and speed and despite the quickness of his attacks they all have fairly wide swings and are easy to see coming. The fire is cool though big grin

Violent2Dope
Kratos' range is good for melee, Sora is faster and could escape most times but all it would take is that one combo to tear him to shreds. His attacks aren't as predictable as you think mixing the heavy and quick attacks make them very unpredictable.

Xenogears
Sora can dodge roll as well.

Violent2Dope
Sora can dodge roll as well. True, but Kratos' dodge roll is faster and projects him farther.

Lord Ryugen
Kratos' dodge roll is superior, but it doesn't measure up to Sora's QuickRun or Glide at full power. And I doubt Sora would be beaten by just one combo Violent, he may not have Kratos' durability he still can take quite a pounding by enemies.

Violent2Dope
Kratos' dodge roll is superior, but it doesn't measure up to Sora's QuickRun or Glide at full power. And I doubt Sora would be beaten by just one combo Violent, he may not have Kratos' durability he still can take quite a pounding by enemies. Well you are right one combo won't do him in but he would be pretty hurt. Kratos' durability is greatly superior to Sora's, which will make up for his heal magic, which is nowhere near unlimited.

Xenogears
Bah.

Violent2Dope
Bah what?

Lord Ryugen
Well you are right one combo won't do him in but he would be pretty hurt. Kratos' durability is greatly superior to Sora's, which will make up for his heal magic, which is nowhere near unlimited.
Just thought I'd point out that Kratos is pretty much reliant on combos to kill his enemies too. Go play God of War 1 or 2 and see how long it takes to kill even basic monsters with single strikes.

Xenogears
lockd

FortressXRuler
laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing Happy Dance

Violent2Dope
Just thought I'd point out that Kratos is pretty much reliant on combos to kill his enemies too. Go play God of War 1 or 2 and see how long it takes to kill even basic monsters with single strikes. That's true, combos are the bulk of his damage output, but he also has magic and he could reverse Sora's blows also, even though he doesn't in gameplay he can, as shown when he defeats Zeus. Gorgons blast is still his biggest threat.

Xenogears

Diabolos
Kratos is a GOD he'll kill the shit out of Sora

Xenogears
Hades was a GOD and got the shit kicked out of him by Sora

Violent2Dope
Hades was a GOD and got the shit kicked out of him by Sora Well to be fair Hades was quadrupal teamed.

Xenogears
FFS...

lockd

FortressXRuler
Stop it Xenogears, you're killing me with that dancing lock! LOL!

Xenogears
lockdlockdlockdlockdlockdlockdlockdlockdlockdlockd

Superboy Prime
People need to understand that the version of every single character(disney/square) that appears in KH are alternate versions...not the real deal.

Xenogears
We are aware of that. The thing is there's no proof or clue as to why the KH or FF versions of the characters are weaker or stronger than each other.

As for the Disney villains there's pretty much no difference between them. In their KH profiles it mentions that they're based right off the villains in the Disney worlds. They're identical incarnations. Heck their attacks display the same amount of power shown in the movies.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
People need to understand that the version of every single character(disney/square) that appears in KH are alternate versions...not the real deal. Agreed. IMO Jafar in KH and KH2 was weaker.

FortressXRuler
But they still have that... what can I say, original Disney charm, and they can still hold their own on a fight that is quite challenging to them.

Violent2Dope
But they still have that... what can I say, original Disney charm, and they can still hold their own on a fight that is quite challenging to them. I loled at this. It's just the way you put it was funny.

G-Mafia
I have GOW 1&2, and KH 1&2. Based on playing them all, Sora goes into final form and takes this match IMO.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by G-Mafia
I have GOW 1&2, and KH 1&2. Based on playing them all, Sora goes into final form and takes this match IMO. And I disagree. For why read my previous points in my debate against Lord Ryugen.

douglas forsyth
Um, I just finished playing GoW2 and the rage of the titans only makes sure you don't fall when beaten and I pay close attention to the health bar before and after use of the rage of the titans the damage dealt Is only slightly different but not by much. Also what if Sora unlocks Kratos like he does with Keyhole and that one time on himself ... Kratos dies in a very bitchy way.

Honestly, the gods are slow compared to most of the opponets Sora fought like Larxene, Marluxia, Xemnas, maybe Axel most of which can appear behind him in feats of speed and teleportation. Also lets gauge opponents here (Sora's side) Xemnas, a literal god of nothingness can bend nothingness as he sees fit be it lifting buildings (which could be translated into throwing people), shooting lightning from his hands which can be used to lots of lasting damage, use ethereal blades and also uses projectiles made of the same energy, he speed bliz your sorry butt while you fight him, has a protective dome of darkness around him and can make ethereal guards whenever he pleases.

Marluxia, with the Doom spell he could have killed you with a whisper and a stab or give you a time limit which if it reaches 0 you die, he can teleport to play Ping-Pong with your sorry butt, then he can swing his blade to pull off a getsuga tensho moment and he can make a couple of dozen lasers in the air and they come at you trolling your face, then he can make twisters which hold you in place where you are soon hit directly by Marluxia with a downward slash with his scythe and Sora survived that.

Larxene is basically the biggest jerk in the organization next to Xemnas and Saix, Lightning is her power she will either summon lightning down around her making her untouchable unless you want to be electrocuted, throws electrically charged Kunai knives which release a small blast of electricity into your system and she can create two large beams of lightning which don't really need to explained any more than that, she is so fast she can make up to 3 clones of herself with sheer speed all of them capable of attacking you with fast and vicious barrages, lastly she can use a move called teleport rush, quick deadly and if the situation gets dangerous she teleports out making things difficult.

Also, if Kratos is so durable, how can cannon fodder units kill him period why would he even need to fight them he should just walk past uncaring about them although it could just be Spartan instincts. also if Kratos is so strong then when he is in Rage of the Titans mode Sora uses reflectga and almost one-shot Kratos with own attack and this isn't the golden fleece which provides partial defense this is a 360 dome or if you air in the air a sphere of light which turns attacks on their masters by releasing a pulse of light equal to the power used by attack or attacks that hits it.

Also what would happen if he summons a Genie and wish all of his god powers, and titan powers were gone?

StealthRanger
1. Why the hell did you necro a 7 year old dead thread?
2. Wrong, Kratos is much faster than Sora due to reacting to lightning and moving through time dialations
3. Most of your posts were gameplay mechanics, and low showings (being harmed by fodder units)
4. Reflectga is a no limit fallacy

O13 Follower
... Sora reacted to lasers your point is invalid also multiple at once in fact there was a moment where the whole screen was almost taken up by laser and Sora was able to block ... Kratos would fail that. How is the Doom spell a game mechanic also how is reflectga no limit fallacy it takes all impacts and sends the damage back at the attacker what is so wrong about that. also it doesn't matter that he spoke on this the fact is why did you notice it or bother to post on it ... are you stalking this post?

StealthRanger
"lasers", energy beams, not literal lasers if you're referring to Xemnas' "lasers. I'd say Kratos could very well succeed

Reflectga has never tanked or deflected a city buster, we cannot assume it is capable of doing so

Also, nice appeal to motive there, lol

O13 Follower
Um, The games call them lasers so they are lasers. Also Refectga blocks everything so it can. and Sora is a City buster and could just block him then

NemeBro
I don't think the game actually calls them lasers though.

O13 Follower
Yes they do It is during the moment you block the dome of lasers it says and I qoute "Use the Reflect command to block the lasers" that means they are lasers and considering they are the weapons he fires at you the entire boss fights that means Sora has FTL reaction time and speed so Kratos dies

BloodRain
No light speed lasers. No.

StealthRanger
Originally posted by O13 Follower
Um, The games call them lasers so they are lasers. Also Refectga blocks everything so it can. and Sora is a City buster and could just block him then

They're just called lasers. They don't act or behave like lasers, thus are not lasers in the technical sense. Kind of like blaster bolts in Star Wars

Sora is a city buster? Scans or it didn't happen, lol

EDIT: Btw, it took you a month or so to respond to my post? lol

O13 Follower
Originally posted by StealthRanger
They're just called lasers. They don't act or behave like lasers, thus are not lasers in the technical sense. Kind of like blaster bolts in Star Wars

Sora is a city buster? Scans or it didn't happen, lol

EDIT: Btw, it took you a month or so to respond to my post? lol
I just took some time off of this site.

How exactly does Xemnas's lasers not react like real lasers?

He cuts through multiple completely solid buildings at the same time with 1 swing and then used them for a little la parkour action then jumps hundreds of feet onto a giant reactor. And there are many large Heartless he beats who likely are City level busters like the GroundShaker so if not a city buster than he has at minimum City level durability.

Total Broadband
Probably not relevant to your point but its funny how this can be re-engineered by to display the hypocrisy of the Kratos fans here who harp on about Zeuses slow lightning bolts, just by replacing "lasers" with lightning.

O13 Follower
true.

StealthRanger
Originally posted by O13 Follower
I just took some time off of this site.

How exactly does Xemnas's lasers not react like real lasers?

He cuts through multiple completely solid buildings at the same time with 1 swing and then used them for a little la parkour action then jumps hundreds of feet onto a giant reactor. And there are many large Heartless he beats who likely are City level busters like the GroundShaker so if not a city buster than he has at minimum City level durability.

http://www.khwiki.com/Ethereal_Blades#Xemnas.27s_Ethereal_Blades

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser

Read up and learn the difference

Good for him, cutting buildings does not support city busting

When have they city busted? What feats support this view sonny boy?

Reflaga is still a no limit fallacy btw

O13 Follower
Fine I will stop with the lasers. But Sora is still fast enough to dodge him and powerful enough to wound him.

BloodRain
As per KH2, he's Multi-City Block.

Though as with giving a MHS/Relativistic speed, OBD had an apparent 'confirmed' clac pushing it into City and beyond. Like that Planetary one floating around..

Demonic Phoenix
Pretty sure AuraAngel pointed out FTL keyblade surfing. vin

AuraAngel
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Pretty sure AuraAngel pointed out FTL keyblade surfing. vin

Canon as Sora's love for Riku. awesome

NemeBro
Originally posted by BloodRain
As per KH2, he's Multi-City Block.

Though as with giving a MHS/Relativistic speed, OBD had an apparent 'confirmed' clac pushing it into City and beyond. Like that Planetary one floating around..

Oh, that shit where they calculated the relative size of the Kingdom Hearts Xemnas drained and decided that made him large planet level?

lol

BloodRain
No clue, only saw the "totz legit gais" comments. If that's really it then major disappointments.

Demonic Phoenix
Typical KH-tard. Reads only the ridiculous comments and then uses the feats. uhuh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.