Was the N64 region encoded?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sai1
If I were to use a Japanese N64 game with my US N64 would it work?

Xenogears
No.

Sai1
Which question is that "no" directed at?

Xenogears
It was directed at both of your questions. big grin

Although I'm not 100% sure about it.

SaTsuJiN
the shell of the cartridge (or the inside of the N64.. I forget which) has nubs on it that prevent you from sliding the JP cartridge all the way down.. you will probably have to buy a converter

aside from the shell you can play JP games no problem

Xenogears
SaTsuJiN explained that pretty well.

Sai1
With the, GC you have to use separate Memory Cards when playing import games. Do you know if the same applies to N64?

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Sai1
With the, GC you have to use separate Memory Cards when playing import games. Do you know if the same applies to N64?

that I don't know.. all I did was rent JP games for N64 from the local import store.. didn't do any saving

Evil Dead
you don't really even have to buy a converter......

just as with the snes, the games are NTSC and have the same number of pins. The game shells as mentioned earlier are a tad different (just as with the snes). There are tabs in the cartridge input slot that prevents the jap cartridges from fitting. All you have to do is open it up and take the tabs out. They will snap right off......just as with the snes.

SaTsuJiN
I personally wouldn't recommend someone to open up their system.. but if they think they can do it, go for it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.