Optimus Prime vS Megatron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Who'd win

draxx_tOfU
In a straight up fight, no cheating or external help, I'd give Optimus the win...

Although I think Megatron is the best leader in the whole TF series, both factions included...

whistle

ragesRemorse
This fight already happened and megatron killed optimus prime.

Mr. Sandman
Megatron always beats Optimus.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by Mr. Sandman
Megatron always beats Optimus.

with prep, definitely...

Megatron is the better strategist/tactician imo...

smile

Violent2Dope
Megatron. His skills as a tactician combined with his fighting prowess make him superior.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
This fight already happened and megatron killed optimus prime.
Optimus still won. The only reason Optimus was killed was because of Hot Rod getting in the way.

Impediment
Megatron lost in the 1986 animated movie and in the 2007 movie to Optimus Prime.

'Nuff said.

Wolverine2006
In didnt lose to Optimus he beat the crap outta him, and then Sam put the cube in chest. Megatron was beating the crap out of him even while the military was shooting at him.

FistOfThe North
Megatron was practically owning Opt. but maybe it's because Opt. was holding back cause he didn't want to harm any of the humans that were around whereas Megatron didn't care about them. In fact he wants to kill 'em all.

Newjak
I think its pretty well established that OP is supposed to be stronger than Megatron. Its just he holds back when other people are in harms way

Menetnashté
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Megatron was practically owning Opt. but maybe it's because Opt. was holding back cause he didn't want to harm any of the humans that were around whereas Megatron didn't care about them. In fact he wants to kill 'em all.
Yeah, because Cartoon Movie Megs got the shat beaten out of him along with almost every other decepticon just by Optimus.

Wolverine2006
How is it supposed that Optimus is more powerful than Megatron

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
How is it supposed that Optimus is more powerful than Megatron
Speak English, I don't know what you ****ing said.

Newjak
How is it supposed that Optimus is more powerful than Megatron Because in the comics, Cartoons, Animated, movie Optimus Always won unless Megatron was putting other people in harms way then Optimus was forced to hold back.

Everytime though they fought and Megatron had nothing to hide behind Prime stomped him.

yungz22
in the movie optimus got his ass whopped

Wolverine2006

Menetnashté
How the hell did u not understand that...it is English read it out loud to urself.

And Megatron beat the crap outta Optimus in the movie u Prime Fanboy

The movie and the comics and cartoon r different from one another, Megatron owned Prime in the movie, while the military fired on him.
My bad, meant to quote your other one. But anyway, Prime fanboy? Try and keep up here. I quoted Ragesremorse and in the movie Optimus WTF PWNT Megatron.

Wolverine2006

Menetnashté
Dude i'm hella sorry i only said that because i thought were trying to be a dick to me for no reason....wow sorry dude embarrasment
It's cool.

Wolverine2006
alright cool

Mr. Sandman
Megatron always wins. Usually because he cheats.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Mr. Sandman
Megatron always wins. Usually because he cheats.
he's lost a few times, he usually, like you said wins by cheating, but he has lost on occasions, in the movie('86) when it was a straight up fight he beat down Megatron until he got hold of HotRod.

Scythe
Optimus has always been peaceful, never very good at fighting, but his patience made him win.

FistOfThe North
I, like Megatron, want to know..

Why does Optimus carry this obsession or passion to defend humans? What's his motive? I mean, how does he even need humans. He's completely self sufficient. He even called humans "primitives" in the movies..or something to that degree.

super pr*xy
i think he said our race was primitive, meaning the human race is young. he even explained it in the movie. plus he sees something familiar in humans. he even said they're not so dissmilar to the humans. maybe that's enough reason for him.

Mairuzu
Someone post grimlock vs starscream devil

Scythe
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Someone post grimlock vs starscream devil

Why not you?

Mairuzu
Im lazy duh

Scythe
I was so lazy once, I threw the remote at the tv in hopes that it would hit the off button...

braz
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I, like Megatron, want to know..

Why does Optimus carry this obsession or passion to defend humans? What's his motive? I mean, how does he even need humans. He's completely self sufficient. He even called humans "primitives" in the movies..or something to that degree.

Because he's.....Optimistic big grin

Scythe
How the hell is Optimus losing this?

SeanTerry727
Well in the old Tv show it shows Optimus Kicking Megatrons Butt but However changing in the movie soo i dont know??

Scythe
More like, Eeyore vs. Curious George.

photosynthesis
Alot of people seem to forget that the premise of the Transformers involves strategically disadvantaged rebel underdogs heroically standing up to a merciless and (quite literally) fascist regime. No matter which continuity you chose, when the Earth-bound Transformers left Cybertron, the Decepticons were winning the war. When they arrived on Earth, there were 18 Autobots and only 10 Decepticons (11 or 13 if you count Reflector, depending on if you count him as one or 3). But the Autobots could still barely struggle to hang on. They never really "won" any battles, even in the old cartoon: they just managed to keep the enemy from advancing their plot. Even these static accomplishments took everything they had. Point: Decepticons are built for war, and more experienced at it. Sure, you could argue that the Autobots have an equal amount of experience from fighting them- but remember, the Decepticons have to worry about subduing worlds! Not to mention that a randomly selected Decepticon will average 5-15 feet taller than a given Autobot. Hell, most Decepticons already have weapons built into them! Optimus Prime was exceptional, in most continuities, in that he was built for war (relative to other average Autobots) and he was imbued with a mysterious power. All this still puts him at just about eye-level with Megatron, who already devoted thousands of years to cultivating his military prowess when Prime was just a protoform. He had already taken out two Primes with his own bare hands! (movie continuity aside, of course) Oh, and everyone seems to forget: Megatron is equipped with a THERMONUCLEAR FUSION CANNON. If one were to transpose realistic implications from this fact, and dismiss canon in which the actual potential of such a weapon had to be toned down so most of the good guys wouldn't have been utterly decimated in the first episode, then the trick for Optimus becomes getting past this and actually reaching him! Of course, Prime has a reputation as a sharp shooter, himself. But Megatron has thick skin. Hand to hand combat? Hate to sound Machiavellian, but I think Megatron would still have a little bit of an edge. He's bulkier and more ruthless. But Prime is quick and thinks on his feet, and Megatron talks too much. In all honesty, and I hate to say it, but I think it would come down to situational context... reference Hot Rod's ill-timed intervention... and, perhaps, a lucky shot.

Mshinu
Megatron is far more powerful than Optimus. He stomps him 9/10.

Darth Rex
In ROTF Optimus was owning the three of them, Megatron Grindor Starscream. He lost because he was protecting Sam.
Optimus protects humans because he sees them as sentient beings.

Bloinky
Originally posted by Mshinu
Megatron is far more powerful than Optimus. He stomps him 9/10.

Is this a joke?

Mshinu
Originally posted by Bloinky
Is this a joke?

Why would it be?

R8#@NG!G@
but if megatron keeps beating the crap out of OP, then how come they say only a prime can kill "the fallen". should megatron be able to kill the fallen as well if megatron can kill optimus

Sadako of Girth
Megatron and Prime were meant to be "brothers" in this, after all....

Sado22
i thought that was the Arcee twins shifty

Kotor3
I am amazed at how many people think Megatron could beat Optimus one on one in a fair fight. When has that ever happen? Even in beast wars Megatron ran from Optimus during a one on one fight.

Sadako of Girth
I am amazed at the amount of the one person who thinks Megatron is bound to fighting fair.

Also. Yes. He is clearly bigger than Prime, heavier, better armed, and in the bay movie can move that mass quicker than Prime (Coming in from jet mode, especially).

peejayd
* Optimus Prime can beat Megatron fairly... but never easily...

BackinBlack
Optimus is a dumbass.

Mr. Rhythmic
Optimus in every reality ever.

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by BackinBlack
Optimus is a dumbass.

That may be the most ridiculous and brash statement I have ever heard.

CadoAngelus
Optimus looses everytime he goes against Megatron, unless its a draw, in which case Megatron runs...

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
That may be the most ridiculous and brash statement I have ever heard.

Well he was heard emulating a dumbass in the first one,at least:

Using dumbisms like "My bad"...... Being a 50ft Alien robotleader and hiding from a teenager's parents.... Stepping on flowerbeds like a clumsy dick...etc

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by CadoAngelus
Optimus looses everytime he goes against Megatron, unless its a draw, in which case Megatron runs...

Actually, it's the other way around. In the 80s cartoon, either it was a draw or Optimus won.

Sadako of Girth
Yep.
Pretty much.

And thats pretty much what happened in the movies here too.
Prime was messed up quite a few times in season 2.
Yet invariably, he'd always be back by the episode's conclusion..

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Well he was heard emulating a dumbass in the first one,at least:

Using dumbisms like "My bad"...... Being a 50ft Alien robotleader and hiding from a teenager's parents.... Stepping on flowerbeds like a clumsy dick...etc

"Bumblebee, stop lubricating on the man...so i can!"

I-Drop
Prime

blackout01
hmm well without any one to hide behind or cheating i think it would be a tie

jayjaykirby
movie wise:

Megatron was utterly curbstomped by optimus in every single encounter they had in ROTF. in their first fight prime takes on megs, starscream and grindor all at once. megs won only by a cheap shot on a offguard optimus. in their second fight prime broke megs arm and blasted his face off in seconds..it really isn't even a contest.

CloneCaptin Fox
I think Oputious But Megaton has a team of nanobites and can kill a person really fast so i say Optumous starwars

arshall999
optimus was never weak he's the strongest among his brothers of primes exept for sentinel.....didnt you guys see? in transformers dark of the moon???? he kill megatron with only 1 arm???? and despite that megatron was reloading..... he cant even fight optimus.... that is why optimus is strong

lordmegatron1
You are all fools. You follow from either the comics, movies, or the old cartoon. But you do not know the reality. Back during the beginning of the war (almost 25,000,000 cycles ago) the auto bots were nothing but a crack-pot resistance team formed by the newly rebuilt Orion Pax (Optimus Prime). Few know this but Pax was actually my biggest fan. I'd see him at every lobbing tournament, cheering for my victory. That is until I blew him apart to seize the Energon supply for Keon. I had defected from the 1,000th Legionnaire Squad, Cybertron's finest, shortly after Zeta was selected to become the next Prime.

Soon, though, our realities will cross and at last:

http://www.seibertron.com/images/news/gfx/1209167084_autobot_AHM_poster.jpg

Sadako of Girth
Orion Pax was exclusively an 'old cartoon' character.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.