Martian Manhunter/BlackBolt vs. Mar-Vell/Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
It's on.

Discuss.

Martian_mind
Jonn goes intangible,BB makes some noise,WW blocks with bracelets,Mar-Vell gets pwned (Maybe don't know much about him)

Then it's Jonn and BB vs WW and a weakened Marvell or just WW.

Team 1 FTW.

Tyrant
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
It's on.

Discuss. Is there prep?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Tyrant
Is there prep? I'll give them 5 minutes.

Tyrant
I'll give them 5 minutes. Well, I guess Mar-Vell... no wait. These aren't just blasters, or punchers.

Martian_mind
5 minutes of prep?

Jonn grows giant,for the whole time,BB gathers electrons drastically increasing his power,when match starts Jonn goes intangible,BB screams,Then big Jonn thunderclaps,and stamps on WW

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Martian_mind
5 minutes of prep?

Jonn grows giant,for the whole time,BB gathers electrons drastically increasing his power,when match starts Jonn goes intangible,BB screams,Then big Jonn thunderclaps,and stamps on WW Pretty much.

nvrbeenwthagirl
5 minutes of prep?

Jonn grows giant,for the whole time,BB gathers electrons drastically increasing his power,when match starts Jonn goes intangible,BB screams,Then big Jonn thunderclaps,and stamps on WW
In five minutes prep, WW Puts on her shield and plans to head str8 for BB like a human missle at invisible speeds, While Mar-vell does that sun charge thingy. Now what?

guy222
It's on.

Discuss.

team one wins

Martian_mind
In five minutes prep, WW Puts on her shield and plans to head str8 for BB like a human missle at invisible speeds, While Mar-vell does that sun charge thingy. Now what?

BB stands behind giants Jonns legs?Jonn's fast enough to block WW from getting BB and as a giant he can grab her and go into orbit whilst BB screams at Marvell,Then Jonn comes back down and W is screwed.

nvrbeenwthagirl
BB stands behind giants Jonns legs?Jonn's fast enough to block WW from getting BB and as a giant he can grab her and go into orbit whilst BB screams at Marvell,Then Jonn comes back down and W is screwed.

And how is jonn getting past her shield? enlighten me. I don't know if BB is going to be able to tag marvel. Marvel is far far faster than BB in speed. I'm almost sure of this. BB screams and WW blocks it and redirects it towards mm. Then what?

SpunkySmurph
In five minutes prep, WW Puts on her shield and plans to head str8 for BB like a human missle at invisible speeds, While Mar-vell does that sun charge thingy. Now what? In prep, BB creates a Black Hole and lets WW charge right into it.

He could also point out that that's out of character for Wonder Woman, and let the paradox rip her apart. happy

Martian_mind
And how is jonn getting past her shield? enlighten me. I don't know if BB is going to be able to tag marvel. Marvel is far far faster than BB in speed. I'm almost sure of this. BB screams and WW blocks it and redirects it towards mm. Then what?

He doesn't have to,he can just fully surround her with a giant hand and she's trapped.

His blast is omnidirectional when he wants,so Mar-vell can't dodge it,and as Jonn has WW she can't redirect,and you can't redirect an omniblast anyway.

and BB's scream wouldn't even phase MM,he took Asmodels to no ill effect before...

SpunkySmurph
And how is jonn getting past her shield? enlighten me. I don't know if BB is going to be able to tag marvel. Marvel is far far faster than BB in speed. I'm almost sure of this. BB screams and WW blocks it and redirects it towards mm. Then what? BB can amp his own stats with said electrons, or target his scream to only affect Mar-Vell.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Keep in mind I don't know much about mar-vel. I'm just arguing for the sake of it. In reality, BB is taken out of the fight ina pico second as he is tied up with the lasso. This fight is really between MM,WW and MV

Tyrant
Keep in mind I don't know much about mar-vel.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=446364

SpunkySmurph
Keep in mind I don't know much about mar-vel. I'm just arguing for the sake of it. In reality, BB is taken out of the fight ina pico second as he is tied up with the lasso. This fight is really between MM,WW and MV With prep, BB can shield himself, amp his stats with electrons, and have Giant J'onn run interference so Diana never reaches him before he screams.

Besides, Mar-Vell doesnt have that speed in combat situations. Only travel.

nvrbeenwthagirl
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=446364

intersting. i like the sound of uni-beam. he uses it on BB.

Martian_mind
intersting. i like the sound of uni-beam. he uses it on BB.

Never gets the chance stick out tongue

nvrbeenwthagirl
Never gets the chance stick out tongue

yeah he does half a second later after BB is tied in a knot thanks to WW. Better yet, She throws her tiara at his head. let's see if Jonn can catch it without losing a limb and BB still dying in the process.

Martian_mind
yeah he does half a second later after BB is tied in a knot thanks to WW. Better yet, She throws her tiara at his head. let's see if Jonn can catch it without losing a limb and BB still dying in the process.

Jonns a giant,it'll e like a bee sting stick out tongue

nvrbeenwthagirl
Jonns a giant,it'll e like a bee sting stick out tongue

She's strong enough and it's sharp enough, that it'll go str8 thru right to the target. I wish I knew more about marvel. This would be a really great fight if i did. All of them are fine warriors to boot.

Martian_mind
She's strong enough and it's sharp enough, that it'll go str8 thru right to the target. I wish I knew more about marvel. This would be a really great fight if i did. All of them are fine warriors to boot.

Jonn could just increase the density of his hand,Plus BB has a forcefield...

yeah,twould be better.

SpunkySmurph
intersting. i like the sound of uni-beam. he uses it on BB. Considering BB's control over electrons are > Mar-Vell's I'm doubtful of the effectiveness of that.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Jonn could just increase the density of his hand,Plus BB has a forcefield...

yeah,twould be better.
If tyrant wasn't such a nut sack, we could work together and argue an effective point.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Considering BB's control over electrons are > Mar-Vell's I'm doubtful of the effectiveness of that.

Bb won't have control over his bladder when WW rope a dopes him and tells him that he's a 3 year old girl.

SpunkySmurph
With prep, BB can shield himself, amp his stats with electrons, and have Giant J'onn run interference so Diana never reaches him before he screams.

Besides, Mar-Vell doesnt have that speed in combat situations. Only travel.

Tyrant
intersting. i like the sound of uni-beam. he uses it on BB. There are three versions of him.
The Kree suit is the weakest.
The grey hair one is the middle.
The golden hair one, is the most powerful.

I go through all of them, in that thread. Almost every feat.

Plus...
http://i79.imagethrust.com/t/1099666/captainmarvel5310.jpg http://i80.imagethrust.com/t/1099667/captainmarvel5311.jpg http://i80.imagethrust.com/t/1099669/captainmarvel5312.jpg http://i79.imagethrust.com/t/1099670/captainmarvel5313.jpg
http://i80.imagethrust.com/t/1099671/captainmarvel5314.jpg http://i79.imagethrust.com/t/1099672/captainmarvel5315.jpg http://i79.imagethrust.com/t/1099673/captainmarvel5316.jpg

shifty

SpunkySmurph
It was a Mar-Vell comic.

I'll take it with a grain of salt, or whatever that saying is.

Tyrant
It was a Mar-Vell comic.

I'll take it with a grain of salt, or whatever that saying is. Unlike She-Hulk comics, Mar-Vell isn't overrated in his own comics.

Plus, that was a weak statement anyway.
Not to forget that Black Bolt has never really had his own series, so... every comic that isn't his, shouldn't be an accurate portrayal, is what you're saying?

Martian_mind
BB can still scream,and with WW in Jonns hnd Jonn can just step on him big grin

nvrbeenwthagirl
BB can still scream,and with WW in Jonns hnd Jonn can just step on him big grin

John is going to be a pile of Jelly trying to hold WW in his hand. Lasso for the win. True form and knocked out. A league of One.

Martian_mind
John is going to be a pile of Jelly trying to hold WW in his hand. Lasso for the win. True form and knocked out. A league of One.

Surprise attack,and that issue proves that WW doubts she can take Jonn in a fair fight,as Jonn has shown in JLA Justice for all that if he's aware he can phase through the Lasso.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Surprise attack,and that issue proves that WW doubts she can take Jonn in a fair fight,as Jonn has shown in JLA Justice for all that if he's aware he can phase through the Lasso.

The lasso has also shown it can grab intangible beings superior to john. Hectate anyone? She just has to concentrate I guess. dont' quote me. I'm guess a quick spell from WW will help out since they have 5 mintues of prep. I def see this as a good match if i study mar-vells respect thread.

Martian_mind
The lasso has also shown it can grab intangible beings superior to john. Hectate anyone? She just has to concentrate I guess. dont' quote me. I'm guess a quick spell from WW will help out since they have 5 mintues of prep. I def see this as a good match if i study mar-vells respect thread.

Your acting like if one prep doesn't work you get to start again,you have the prep you initially start with,whch resulted in WW getting trapped and Marvell turnned to mush,however i say team 1 scores about 6-7/10.

What counts is that Jonn shows he can escape it,it doesn't matter asbout anyone else,he escaped,and as WW was holding a universal reality warper at the time Jonn was phased i doubt she was holding back.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Your acting like if one prep doesn't work you get to start again,you have the prep you initially start with,whch resulted in WW getting trapped and Marvell turnned to mush,however i say team 1 scores about 6-7/10.

What counts is that Jonn shows he can escape it,it doesn't matter asbout anyone else,he escaped,and as WW was holding a universal reality warper at the time Jonn was phased i doubt she was holding back.

Meh. I def don't have a handle on the prep thing yet. I was gonna say godwave for the win but that just wouldn't have been right. Team one get the majority for now. only becuz i dont' know much about Mar-vell and I have to think of a way to out prep Mm with one of WW's resources.

SpunkySmurph
Unlike She-Hulk comics, Mar-Vell isn't overrated in his own comics.

Plus, that was a weak statement anyway.
Not to forget that Black Bolt has never really had his own series, so... every comic that isn't his, shouldn't be an accurate portrayal, is what you're saying? No, I'm calling it PIS.

SpunkySmurph
Anyways, at the start of the match, BB encases Mar-Vell in antimatter, and already has a shield up from the prep.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Anyways, at the start of the match, BB encases Mar-Vell in antimatter, and already has a shield up from the prep.

Would he be able to hold marv if he's charged up with that sun energy thing? Or what if WW's tactic was to have marv Face john whiel she took out BB.

SpunkySmurph
Would he be able to hold marv if he's charged up with that sun energy thing? Or what if WW's tactic was to have marv Face john whiel she took out BB. I don't see why not. His electron control is > Marv's.

If it was J'onn vs. Marv, then Marv would be dead.

Not to mention, BB could just shield himself long enough for him to let out a scream.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I don't see why not. His electron control is > Marv's.

If it was J'onn vs. Marv, then Marv would be dead.

Not to mention, BB could just shield himself long enough for him to let out a scream.

I don't see BB's scream as being any kind of threat. He'd have to have a head to do that. unfortunalty, WW knows about his scream so A tiara toss is likely while Marv plays keep jonn busy.

Tyrant
Would he be able to hold marv if he's charged up with that sun energy thing? Or what if WW's tactic was to have marv Face john whiel she took out BB. Not if he has this sort of energy in him:
http://i79.imagethrust.com/t/1099785/captainmarvel05717.jpg http://i80.imagethrust.com/t/1099786/captainmarvel05718.jpg
No, I'm calling it PIS. Earlier it was due to it being Mar-Vell's own comic though...

Also, let's not forget, that was early BB. He has been written different since that time, and his current one.

SpunkySmurph

Earlier it was due to it being Mar-Vell's own comic though...

Also, let's not forget, that was early BB. He has been written different since that time, and his current one.
Similar thing, I won't argue semantics with you. I use PIS as an umbrella term.

How early?

Earliest had trouble with Thing...

Mid-career was taking out Sphynx and pwning Hulk.

Current is Banshee on vocal steroids.

Tyrant
Similar thing, I won't argue semantics with you. I use PIS as an umbrella term.

How early?

Earliest had trouble with Thing...

Mid-career was taking out Sphynx and pwning Hulk.

Current is Banshee on vocal steroids. F*ck if I remember.

Also, it's not like he was using his scream either.

SpunkySmurph
F*ck if I remember.

Also, it's not like he was using his scream either. MEH.

Tyrant
MEH. Anyway... Mar-Vell has a good chance to take BB down in h2h.
renske

SpunkySmurph
Anyway... Mar-Vell has a good chance to take BB down in h2h.
renske Says you and that smelly smilie.

But BB's pwned Ikarus in H2H, and, as Martian will tell you when he sees this post, Ik happens to be a mecha-pwnful H2H fighter.

Tyrant
Says you and that smelly smilie.

But BB's pwned Ikarus in H2H, and, as Martian will tell you when he sees this post, Ik happens to be a mecha-pwnful H2H fighter. Ya well, Mar-Vell was stalemating the Drax who destroyed planets with a punch, and ripped star cores out (that's after he stopped using skill as well, before when he was using skill, he almost KO'ed him, and Drax couldn't hit him).

I may have to read the Eternal series again, but I don't remember Ikaris as being that memorable of a fighter.

Plus, Mar-Vell is a wicked fighter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.