Korg vs. Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
Korg (Hulk's ally from World War Hulk) vs. Thing

Which rock monster wins?

Hercules
Haven't really seen that much of Korg to compare him to Thing but didn't Thor run through an entire army of Korg's people?

He also looks similar to the load of Rock monsters Thing fought in the 80's in his solo run when he was on the Beyonders planet, I will have to dig that issue out to see how he faired.

Endless Mike
Well in Planet Hulk he matched the Hulk in strength a few times and took several hits from him

Hercules
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Well in Planet Hulk he matched the Hulk in strength a few times and took several hits from him

Matched strength? was this when Hulk was weakened on his arrival?

Grim has taken the Hulks shots too so I wouldn't give Korg an advantage there but if he actually matched an enraged Hulk strength wise then thats something else!

Endless Mike
Hulk was not at full strength

Hercules
Ahh well, in that case it seems Grimm and Korg are pretty evenly matched.

guy222
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Korg (Hulk's ally from World War Hulk) vs. Thing

Which rock monster wins?

Grimm

Blight
I'd actually go with Korg on this one.

Being a gladiator makes him go for the more lethal and painful route...

SmellyDogFart
Korg

Blight
Damn right!

Badabing
Ben wins. Anybody who doesn't like will deal with me! durfist

Blight
Okay... deal with me then.

Badabing
Originally posted by Blight
Okay... deal with me then. dur Dealt with!

Blight
roll eyes (sarcastic) not yet.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Korg

guy222
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Korg

Korg was impressive

Ben FTW wink

llagrok
They both seem to be equally strong, Thing was mentioned to be class 100 in the initiative. So I'll give Thing a slight majority due to being more experienced.

strengthkills
Korg,especially on earth(his race is stronger in oxygen rich enviroments)and he is more skilled it seems.

Tony Stark
Ben for the win... Korg maybe more skilled with a shield and sword, but unlikely in any other way.

Ben>Korg 8/10

wink

Gecko4lif
This fight already happened in the comic

korg won

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
This fight already happened in the comic

korg won When?

Gecko4lif
In one of the newer tie ends

I forgot which one

I stopped reading wwh atfer wwh 5 it was just soo gay

snoopdogg
Yea, I agree it was getting gay.

But I don't think Korg beat him unless I missed something.

Priest
Everyone on the war bound was said to be as strong as the hulk before he left Earth.

Nod
When did Korg and Thing have a fight with a winner?

King_Mungi
I saw a breif battle between them, but no victor..but then again I stopped bothering with WWH

Nod
Originally posted by King_Mungi
I saw a breif battle between them, but no victor..but then again I stopped bothering with WWH Your not the only one. erm

Tony Stark
I haven't seen it yet either other than what is posted on THING's respect thread. I still say Ben until proven other wise.

Nod
Originally posted by Tony Stark
I haven't seen it yet either other than what is posted on THING's respect thread. I still say Ben until proven other wise. Can you prove otherwise?

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Nod
Can you prove otherwise?

No... I haven't seen the book. But IMO Ben should beat him.

cool

Nod
I think I agree.

His fighting skill wins this I think.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by llagrok
They both seem to be equally strong, Thing was mentioned to be class 100 in the initiative. So I'll give Thing a slight majority due to being more experienced.
no incorrect it said thing was helping train avenger to deal with 100 class threats. Not sure why people assume that makes him 100 class.

Battlehammer
No... I haven't seen the book. But IMO Ben should beat him.

cool
...........you think ben beats a lot of people he can't beat.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Battlehammer
no incorrect it said thing was helping train avenger to deal with 100 class threats. Not sure why people assume that makes him 100 class.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Stop drinking your THINGhateraid for a couple days and you should be fine...or Ummm... Errr... better?

Ben was brought in to train the new recruits on how to deal with a CL100 threat. If Ben wasn't CL100 himself why would they bring him to train the recruits in dealing with one...? None of the recruits were CL100 so he couldn't have done it that way.

Battlethimble please enlighten us with your wisdumb on how and why this would be.

no expression

Tony Stark
...........you think ben beats a lot of people he can't beat.

confused

Like...?

MightyEInherjar
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Stop drinking your THINGhateraid for a couple days and you should be fine...or Ummm... Errr... better?

Ben was brought in to train the new recruits on how to deal with a CL100 threat. If Ben wasn't CL100 himself why would they bring him to train the recruits in dealing with one...? None of the recruits were CL100 so he couldn't have done it that way.

Battlethimble please enlighten us with your wisdumb on how and why this would be.

no expression

Because Thing has consistently fought class 100 threats his entire career. Thing has always been able to slug it out with the like of Hulk, Sasquatch, Wendigo, etc. regardless of them being stronger than him.

Besides, if Thing was class 100, it wouldn't matter in their little training exercises. Do you really think they're going to have a guy throwing around class 100 punches at a bunch of trainees and new recruits? Yeah right. That's like the Army using live fire in their mock battle situations.

lando005
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
Because Thing has consistently fought class 100 threats his entire career. Thing has always been able to slug it out with the like of Hulk, Sasquatch, Wendigo, etc. regardless of them being stronger than him.

Besides, if Thing was class 100, it wouldn't matter in their little training exercises. Do you really think they're going to have a guy throwing around class 100 punches at a bunch of trainees and new recruits? Yeah right. That's like the Army using live fire in their mock battle situations. but we do use live fire in mock battle situations....

Battlehammer
confused

Like...?
wolverine and colossus for one

Tony Stark
Originally posted by lando005
but we do use live fire in mock battle situations....

yes

You are correct sir...

They wanted the recruits to feel what a CL100 felt like, because they surly had never been in combat with one before. And that's where Ben stepped in.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Yea, I agree it was getting gay.

But I don't think Korg beat him unless I missed something. Extremely gay. I hated it.

Ben is cuter, so he wins.

Battlehammer
roll eyes (sarcastic)

I like thing and likly own more issues with him in it then you. It people like you who are so ignorant is what makes other to dislike characters.

:Ben was brought in to train the new recruits on how to deal with a CL100 threat. If Ben wasn't CL100 himself why would they bring him to train the recruits in dealing with one...? None of the recruits were CL100 so he couldn't have done it that way.
........are you serous. what better way to train individuals to fight class 100 threats then to have an individual who class 90 and who deals with class 100 threats to train them.

You don't have to be class 100 to train some one to fight class 100.

:Battlethimble

no expression
..........just stop.

No one,but master dumbass uses your little name.

It old, boring and simply dumb. such as your self.

MightyEInherjar
Originally posted by lando005
but we do use live fire in mock battle situations....
roll eyes (sarcastic)

So when exactly did we get rid of the MILES system and start shooting each other for real?

Knowsbleed33
Thing. Korg has no heart.

Tony Stark
I like thing and likly own more issues with him in it then you. It people like you who are so ignorant is what makes other to dislike characters.

........are you serous. what better way to train individuals to fight class 100 threats then to have an individual who class 90 and who deals with class 100 threats to train them.

You don't have to be class 100 to train some one to fight class 100.

..........just stop.

No one,but master dumbass uses your little name.

It old, boring and simply dumb. such as your self.

Highly unlikely I have every 2-1, every THING solo book (, hundereds of FF titles (616,Ultimate,Marvel Knigths 4, freakshow,long nights,Big change,Hard Knocks, blah...blah...blah) in addition to many cross-team titles. I doubt your collection is up to par with mine.

How are they to know what CL100 strength is like if they can't feel it up close and personal?

But Battlethimble, that name is like a glove for you it's much too fitting. And anytime you'd like to truly compare brain pans let me know.

K?

wink

llagrok
Battlehammer....

That post of yours screams denial.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by llagrok
Battlehammer....

That post of yours screams denial.

I'm glad I'm not the only can see through Mr. Thimbles rouse. He won't admit that his hand is in the cookie jar even when you're holding the jar.

stick out tongue

Tony Stark
confused

Thimble... Oh where art thou Thimble...?

juggernaut74
Thing wins.

And by the way Thing is NOT Class 100. He was training other's who like himself were NOT Class 100 to deal with Class 100 foes.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Thing wins.

And by the way Thing is NOT Class 100. He was training other's who like himself were NOT Class 100 to deal with Class 100 foes.

In my best Steven Wright voice "Yeah...right..." wink

Soljer
Thing isn't class 100. Him being used to teach how to fight class 100 threats doesn't even make him class 100.

Furthermore, shield ranking is not the same as handbook ranking.

Unless, of course, you believe Trauma could originally lift omega tons, and now can lift fifty tons. no expression.

MightyEInherjar
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Thing wins.

And by the way Thing is NOT Class 100. He was training other's who like himself were NOT Class 100 to deal with Class 100 foes. Originally posted by Soljer
Thing isn't class 100. Him being used to teach how to fight class 100 threats doesn't even make him class 100.

Furthermore, shield ranking is not the same as handbook ranking.

Unless, of course, you believe Trauma could originally lift omega tons, and now can lift fifty tons. no expression.

thumb up

SpiderGauntlet
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
roll eyes (sarcastic)

So when exactly did we get rid of the MILES system and start shooting each other for real?

When a certain somebody got elected for president.

Battlehammer
Highly unlikely I have every 2-1, every THING solo book (, hundereds of FF titles (616,Ultimate,Marvel Knigths 4, freakshow,long nights,Big change,Hard Knocks, blah...blah...blah) in addition to many cross-team titles. I doubt your collection is up to par with mine.

lol am I so pose to be impressed?

sorry,but that not even larger then my fantastic four collection let a lone all the other issues I collect.

How are they to know what CL100 strength is like if they can't feel it up close and personal?
..........are you serous. even if they fought a class 100 they would not beable to feel how it feels,becuase they would die from a single punch.

thing the perfect teacher. He superhuman strength and durability of a class 90 which is close enough to a class 100 to simulate the effect and is use to dealing with class 100 so he knows how to take them down.

But Battlethimble, that name is like a glove for you it's much too fitting. And anytime you'd like to truly compare brain pans let me know.

K?

wink

No it just dumb and no one uses it.

Funny you act all tough now. But I remeber me challanging you to the battle zone on at least 5 occassions and you keep whimping out.

still waiting.

by the way that scan aint 616

Tony Stark
lol am I so pose to be impressed?

sorry,but that not even larger then my fantastic four collection let a lone all the other issues I collect.

..........are you serous. even if they fought a class 100 they would not beable to feel how it feels,becuase they would die from a single punch.

thing the perfect teacher. He superhuman strength and durability of a class 90 which is close enough to a class 100 to simulate the effect and is use to dealing with class 100 so he knows how to take them down.

No it just dumb and no one uses it.

Funny you act all tough now. But I remeber me challanging you to the battle zone on at least 5 occassions and you keep whimping out.

still waiting.

by the way that scan aint 616

roll eyes (sarcastic)

I wasn't talking about my entire collection... moron... I was just talking about comics with The THING in them.

You would like to think that in "the real world" a regular human would die from the slightest nick from a CL100 character...

But in the land of comics it happens all the time that a human or slightly higher grade gets hit by CL100 characters with nowhere near the effect.

And FTR I've never ran away from your battlezone requests... I've said that I wouldn't be able to do it justice w/o a scanner... And as of right now I don't have one that is in working order and I don't have the need to buy another just to beat you down. But no worries when I get one you'll be the 2nd one to know about it.

Your kidding...? It's not...? laughing Duh...

But this one is... Isn't it Thimble?

wink

Battlehammer
roll eyes (sarcastic)

I wasn't talking about my entire collection... moron... I was just talking about comics with The THING in them.

ya so was I...........

:You would like to think that in "the real world" a regular human would die from the slightest nick from a CL100 character...

But in the land of comics it happens all the time that a human or slightly higher grade gets hit by CL100 characters with nowhere near the effect.
Like I said If any class 100 hit any of those avenger in training full on they would die..........

:And FTR I've never ran away from your battlezone requests... I've said that I wouldn't be able to do it justice w/o a scanner... And as of right now I don't have one that is in working order and I don't have the need to buy another just to beat you down. But no worries when I get one you'll be the 2nd one to know about it.
No you do keep running away. I don't nor need a scanner to make you look foolish.

:Your kidding...? It's not...? laughing Duh...
and yet you still use it over and over..........

:But this one is... Isn't it Thimble?

wink

ya to bad you left out the part were mr. fantastic explains that Logan was still dazed from the first impact which allow for Ben to connect
http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bonkqk8.jpg

That was also prior to this
http://img257.imageshack.us/my.php?image=boneclawwolverinebc7cu3.jpg

oh and this is what happen if they go at it
http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wt3mxee8.jpg

dawsey28
smile

The Nuul
Bump

snoopdogg
Thing didn't have a good showing against Rulk recently?

khazra
Thing didn't have a good showing against Rulk recently?
Red hulk basically says he could beat ben anytime but is trying to reason with him.

Korg is supposedly savage hulk level which is obviously >> Grimm

snoopdogg
Originally posted by khazra
Red hulk basically says he could beat ben anytime but is trying to reason with him.

Korg is supposedly savage hulk level which is obviously >> Grimm Wasn't Rulk supposed to be weakened also? And when was Korg compared to Savage Hulk? I've heard this before but never saw it.

SuperiorTech
Wasn't Rulk supposed to be weakened also? And when was Korg compared to Savage Hulk? I've heard this before but never saw it.

http://thumbnails25.imagebam.com/6510/6ab9bc65094368.gif

yes he was weakened.

khazra
Wasn't Rulk supposed to be weakened also? And when was Korg compared to Savage Hulk? I've heard this before but never saw it.
One of the F4 WWH tie ins i believe. It was Ben Grimm who said it.
Remember back to planet hulk, hiroim (whos supposed to be what class 70-80) could do very little to Margus whilst Korg mauled him when he went for it.
So class 70-80 hiroim << standard kronan < Korg

He's also been shown to be completely unhurt by the hulk recently & KO'd simon williams during WWH.

snoopdogg
What issue did Korg and Hulk fight? The handbooks say Korg can lift 100 tons.

ankur29
thing being class 90 can simulate a class 100 fight

as he can probably hit harder than a regular 100 tonner due to his fighting experience

korg wins

Tony Stark
Originally posted by ankur29
thing being class 90 can simulate a class 100 fight

as he can probably hit harder than a regular 100 tonner due to his fighting experience

korg wins

Again... Ben FTW

juggernaut74
Korg wins.

basilisk
Korg

Tony Stark
Benji

KillAll
thing has matched ultrons strength... (a while back in his 2 in 1) and ultron said that thing may be even STRONGER than himself. i'll dig out the issue.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.