Kyle Rayner vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Problem
Debate

jasonk3
Superman

Tyrant
Originally posted by jasonk3
Superman Loses to Hal.

Rewmac
If Kyle as a GL with all his experience he can take it.
Superman for a GL isn't a big deal. K-Nite radiation and Clark is done.

jasonk3
Originally posted by Tyrant
Loses to Hal.

I don't know much about dc...or marvel...or comics in general...I FAIL... sad

The Problem
Originally posted by Rewmac
If Kyle as a GL with all his experience he can take it.
Superman for a GL isn't a big deal. K-Nite radiation and Clark is done.

Superman's fought through K-nite before.

Rufus T Firefly
Loses to Hal.

In his dreams no expression

Superman wins

Rorschach
Kyle takes the majority.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Does Kyle have has ION or Parallex powers?

Tyrant
Originally posted by Rufus T Firefly
In his dreams no expression

Superman wins In his dreams, he doesn't try.
In the comics, he has to exert a tiny bit, to take the win.
VzNDe0ymlys

batdude123
5/10 split imo.

Validus
Originally posted by jasonk3
I don't know much about dc...or marvel...or comics in general...I FAIL... sad
You were a failure long before you realized this.

Priest
Current Kyle Rayner Curbstomps Supes shifty

jasonk3
Originally posted by Validus
You were a failure long before you realized this.

OWNED !

A guy who looks like this can't be a failiure...

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w81/jasonk3_2007/jason.jpg

Validus
Well thats true, my friend.

The Problem
Who is that?

Rewmac
Originally posted by The Problem
Superman's fought through K-nite before. He did but if he is trapped in a box with K-Nite bullets and blades tearing through his body he won't be doing any fighting.

Entity
Kyle doesn't even need to be Ion or this current Parallax BS.

Kyle if he serious fights and doesn't hold back he takes this 1 million/1.
Really there's no honest debate in Clark's favor that doesn't involve PIS, a plot devise or a jobber effect.

batdude123
Originally posted by Entity
Kyle if he serious fights and doesn't hold back he takes this 1 million/1.
Really there's no honest debate in Clark's favor that doesn't involve PIS, a plot devise or a jobber effect.

Jesus Christ... this is why people don't take you seriously in Superman threads.

Pathetically... ridiculously laughable.

Entity ftl.

King Kandy
Originally posted by batdude123
Entity ftl.
Entity can move Faster then Light? eek!

Then why hasn't he finished his write-up yet?

Entity
Jesus Christ... this is why people don't take you seriously in Superman threads.

Pathetically... ridiculously laughable.

Entity ftl. Then please provide a senario where Clark could win without PIS, a plot devise or the use of jobbing. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Originally posted by King Kandy
Entity can move Faster then Light? eek!

Then why hasn't he finished his write-up yet? Its too much fun to toy with people. stick out tongue

King Kandy
Then please provide a senario where Clark could win without PIS, a plot devise or the use of jobbing. roll eyes (sarcastic)
T-Vo. big grin

Entity
T-Vo. big grin All three in one nice touch.
Still think a green lantern with sufficient willpower should easily over power it thou.

Kyle definitely has sufficient willpower.

batdude123
Then please provide a senario where Clark could win without PIS, a plot devise or the use of jobbing. roll eyes (sarcastic)

What for? It'd be the equivalent of preaching to a black crowd that whites are superior (or vice-versa).

Crudeness aside, Superman has plenty of ways to win this, and HAS won against Green Lanterns pretty damn often. I don't really need to justify Superman winning, especially when the comics do all the talking that needs to be said here.

5/10 split imo.

batdude123
All three in one nice touch.

Torquasm-Vo is PIS and jobbing? Plot device, sure... but the ring is just as big of a plot device as well.

Still think a green lantern with sufficient willpower should easily over power it thou.

Kyle is going to "easily overpower" it when a magical multiversal reality warper fell victim to it?

Entity's logic ftl.

Entity
What for? It'd be the equivalent of preaching to a black crowd that whites are superior (or vice-versa).

Crudeness aside, Superman has plenty of ways to win this, and HAS won against Green Lanterns pretty damn often. I don't really need to justify Superman winning, especially when the comics do all the talking that needs to be said here.

5/10 split imo. So win there is no logical way to justify him winning you just state you don't have to justify anything and call it an even spilt. roll eyes (sarcastic)

King Kandy
Entity's logic ftl.
I agree... I'm blinded by his logics speed!

batdude123
So win there is no logical way to justify him winning you just state you don't have to justify anything and call it an even spilt. roll eyes (sarcastic)

No logical way to win? laughing

You truly do make me giggle, Entity. smile

batdude123
I agree... I'm blinded by his logics speed!

Indubitably!

Entity
Torquasm-Vo is PIS and jobbing? Plot device, sure... but the ring is just as big of a plot device as well. No a green lantern ring is part of the constant character and part of the story in itself. Where as T-Vo was specifically created because Superman had no way to get out of a situation with his already incredibly overwhelming choices of powers.

The writers did what they always do for him and just gave him a definite win. Without any rationality or effort to good reason behind it.

quanchi112
superman

Martian_mind
Has anyone evr tried to simply hit Supes in the nads?I mean DS or Mongul,why do they never try and knee his weak spot?

on topic,John stewart put supes down in less then a second.

Entity
No logical way to win? laughing

You truly do make me giggle, Entity. smile Yet you still manage to completely aviod the problem.

"He has no way to win without PIS, a plot devise, or jobbing!"

batdude123
Originally posted by Martian_mind
on topic,John stewart put supes down in less then a second.

You're right... by cheap-shotting him when Superman didn't even know John was about to attack.

batdude123
No a green lantern ring is part of the constant character and part of the story in itself. Where as T-Vo was specifically created because Superman had no way to get out of a situation with his already incredibly overwhelming choices of powers.

The writers did what they always do for him and just gave him a definite win. Without any rationality or effort to good reason behind it.

A ring that is only limited by the user's imagination and will is indeed a plot device.

Martian_mind
You're right... by cheap-shotting him when Superman didn't even know John was about to attack.

right....and him paying attention would have helped how?he got shot in the eye's and i doubt he could dodge,so if heould do it,Kyle sure as hell can.

Entity
A ring that is only limited by the user's imagination and will is indeed a plot device. When your ready to debate about the topic at hand with actual reason and logic I'll attempt to join you. Until then I'm not arguing about you being right because you say so or about my debating skills when not given a honest chance to use them.

Thanks anyway I'm sure your friends will be here soon enough to help you. wink

Anyone else that wishes to discuss the topic with reason I am happy to accommodate but it may have to be tomorrow afternoon. wink

batdude123
Yet you still manage to completely aviod the problem.

"He has no way to win without PIS, a plot devise, or jobbing!"

Superior combat speed, reflexes, and strength do the trick just fine. He gets the first attack, so he blinds Kyle with high luminosity heat vision just like he did to the league when they were on the moon. And as established in Tower of Babel, Kyle's sight is the most important part of him wielding the power ring. From there, it's a KO ftw. That's one way. smile

Or, he could just speedblitz the shit out of Kyle not holding back any of his punches. Kyle wouldn't have a chance to react or attack in any coherent fashion because he'd be bombarded by someone with Flash level speed and Hulk level strength. And yes, Superman is strong and fast enough to provide sufficient force in order to break Kyle's shields/constructs.

http://img63.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sconstructsnv2.jpg

and

http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=week151999action75305ar3.jpg
http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=week151999action75306gc4.jpg

The end result of that is a KO. That's two.

Then of course there's the way that you absolutely LOVE... T-Vo. Superman brings Kyle's ass to the theta state and owns him there on his own little astral playground. That's three.

Etc.

Also, Kyle's not gonna be KO'ing Superman quickly or with one blast at all. This was proved when Kyle unloaded his ring's energies into Superman's face without holding back. Granted, Superman's face was a little messed up, but he wasn't KO'd and he wasn't downed at all. Kyle would be having a prolonged fight no matter if he wanted to or not. Supes is just too damn formidable, quick, and durable to let that happen.

And please don't act like physical force doesn't mean anything. Bullshit. There've been MANY instances where he's been hurt or KO'd with blunt force trauma rather than energy blasts. Hell, I just provided an instance in those scans.

Fact of the matter is that there's nothing Kyle can throw out there that Superman hasn't dealt with before and triumphed. You're going to sit there and tell me Superman has absolutely no way of winning this? I already take your opinions as a joke anyway because you proudly despise Superman, and completely adore Kyle, but this is just insanity. If you gained a little objectivity, you could see the error in your statements. Pick up a Superman comic every now and then... it might help you with your little tact problem you seem to have.

Kyle is not shown on average to be half as uber as most would have you think on this board. Sure he can get his fair share of wins against Supes... but 10/10? LOL

And please don't get me wrong. Kyle is one of my favorite characters of all time, but he isn't going to curbstomp Superman by any means. This would be a fantastic fight. You have to understand that versatility doesn't equal power, and it doesn't equal an automatic win. Their power output is about equal, but Superman is much faster. Kyle makes up for it in the versatility department though. In the end, I see this as a 5/10 split.

Badabing
"He has no way to win without PIS, a plot devise, or jobbing!" What the f**k? dur

Tazer
Yo.

John had just "kra-koomed" the area where the JLA was standing, and when Supes flew up to where he was John spoke to him BEFORE he put him down.

so saying it was a cheap-shot is false; Supes simply got hit & hit HARD.

Tazer

Juntai
No a green lantern ring is part of the constant character and part of the story in itself. Where as T-Vo was specifically created because Superman had no way to get out of a situation with his already incredibly overwhelming choices of powers.

The writers did what they always do for him and just gave him a definite win. Without any rationality or effort to good reason behind it. Except that it took a storyline to introduce it, then another that used it heavily, and has used it in other storylines and instances since, including in other people's books.

panthergod
Superman wins 7/10 solidly. Kyle isn't on his level in combat.

don't shiv
TEN TIMES OUT OF TEN

Superman bites off Kyle's fingers at Lightspeed "CHOMP"

Blair Wind
Kyle can use his ring even when it is not on his finger erm

don't shiv
superman swallows it

Validus
He can use the ring through Supes body. Kyle even used the ring while dead.

CasanoVa
Supes wins a small majority.

Lantern's are over-rated IMO, especially Kyle.

Validus
Your life is overrated.

CasanoVa
You smell of poo.

Blair Wind
But its hot poo ermm

And they are not overrated, more as underused in team storylines.

Pound for Pound a GL should stomp Superman, seeing as they can have all his powers and more erm

Acrosurge
That's not nice.

Hasn't Superman been historically shown to overpower Lanterns? Shouldn't he overwhelm GL Kyle's willpower defenses and KO him with a finger flick? He could do this before Kyle generates K-nite radiation or tries for an energy drain.

I don't see Kyle taking a majority, especially due to hero worship. Starheart/Battery Ion Kyle might have a better shot.

superkronick92
John may have cheapshotted supes, but if you remember, in the "sacrifice arc" while being controlled by max lord, supes koed john with one punch

Validus
John didn't cheapshot Supes nor was he knocked out in Sacrifice. Superman broke one construct. Wow.

Estacado
If Kyle can contain a Big Bang I'm sure he can do the same to Superman.....shifty

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Estacado
If Kyle can contain a Big Bang I'm sure he can do the same to Superman.....shifty Kyle can also be taken down by Deadshot and Deathstroke, respectively. smile

The problem I have with Lanterns against beings of Superman's level always comes down to physical makeup. Superman is top tier durability. A GL shields are top tier durability, but Supes has the strength to eventually crack a GL's shields, and underneath the willpower, Kyle has human durability.

There are other factors (K-nite synthesis, energy drains), but if you boil it down, Superman seems to have the edge in willpower and stats.

nimbus006
Your life is overrated. laughing

jrodslam
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Kyle can use his ring even when it is not on his finger erm

QFT. Few Lanterns have done that feat.

Edit: And in re to stats, a Lantern is capable of using the ring to boost levels.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by superkronick92
John may have cheapshotted supes, but if you remember, in the "sacrifice arc" while being controlled by max lord, supes koed john with one punch

&

John didn't cheapshot Supes nor was he knocked out in Sacrifice. Superman broke one construct. Wow.

John didnt cheap-shot Supes, and as Val said previously John wasnt knocked out. BUT neither did Supes break his construct; the construct held but the force of the blow was strong enuff to knock it AND John outta the WT.

Tazer

batdude123
Originally posted by Estacado
If Kyle can contain a Big Bang I'm sure he can do the same to Superman.....shifty

During that same arc, one Imperiex probe owned J'onn, Wally, and Kyle quite easily.

And when Superman stopped holding back, he ran through a bunch of them like tissue paper. smile

batdude123
John didn't cheapshot Supes nor was he knocked out in Sacrifice.

LOL. It appears that you need to reread Sacrifice. John was indeed knocked out after Superman broke his construct.

This was right after the punch, and as you can see, Stewart is lying there unconscious.

http://img411.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supermankosjohnmw0.jpg

Also, Wally even flat out states that both Hawkman and John were KO'd.

http://img236.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supermankosjohn2wl5.jpg

A winner is me. smile DEBUNKED!

batdude123
Originally posted by Tazer
John didnt cheap-shot Supes, and as Val said previously John wasnt knocked out. BUT neither did Supes break his construct; the construct held but the force of the blow was strong enuff to knock it AND John outta the WT.

What the f*ck are you talking about? John's construct was SHATTERED.

http://img69.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sconstructkt6.jpg

nvrbeenwthagirl
Kyle. One Universal big Bang holding Bubble and It's good night Supers. Or an entire free thinking JLA does the Trick. Superman's S shield aura should have no place here under KMC rules. Kyle 7/10

Blair Wind
he also held an area bubble that Ultraman could not break erm

batdude123
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Kyle. One Universal big Bang holding Bubble and It's good night Supers. Or an entire free thinking JLA does the Trick. Superman's S shield aura should have no place here under KMC rules. Kyle 7/10

During that same arc, one Imperiex probe owned J'onn, Wally, and Kyle quite easily.

And when Superman stopped holding back, he ran through a bunch of them like tissue paper. smile

And you actually think Kyle operating at that level is common?

Please, In Green Lantern: Recharge, it took all 7200 lanterns with fully powered rings to contain one star. Kyle's constructs are far from unbreakable.

CasanoVa wasn't too far off when he said Green Lanterns, especially Kyle, are overrated on this forum.

5/10 for both.

Tazer
Yo.

What the f*ck are you talking about? John's construct was SHATTERED.

http://img69.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sconstructkt6.jpg

tbh I didnt remember it that way, but so be it: I was wrong and admit it.

Tazer

batdude123
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

tbh I didnt remember it that way, but so be it: I was wrong and admit it.

Tazer

It's okay. You're right most of the times... so meh.

Tazer
Yo.

And you actually think Kyle operating at that level is common?

Please, In Green Lantern: Recharge, it took all 7200 lanterns with fully powered rings to contain one star. Kyle's constructs are far from unbreakable.

CasanoVa wasn't too far off when he said Green Lanterns, especially Kyle, are overrated on this forum.

5/10 for both.

1) as they were in the midst of the recruitment drive they had FAR less than 7200 GLs there; they prolly had about 300 - 500 all told w/vets & rookies combined.

2) they werent trying to contain that star, but were forcing it thru a wormhole made by the Spider Guild.

Tazer

Blair Wind
leftover scans I have of Kyle:

-Kyle makes a prison for the CSA and holds them for over a day. Ultraman (evil Superman) tries for hours to break it and fails. Kyle kept this up while attending to other business on Earth. Not even their version of Green Lantern could break it.
http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hrjlaearth20441wd.jpg
http://img260.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hrjlaearth20452yu.jpg
http://img331.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hrjlaearth20525fm.jpg
http://img419.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hrjlaearth20538vf.jpg

-Kyle Vs Amazo 2000. The version of the Amazo had the powers of nearly every superhero on Earth. The JSA, JLA, Marvel family, Strange Visitor, Firestorm, etc.
http://img141.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcu2000secretfiles1p336gb.jpg
http://img133.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcu2000secretfiles1p348nw.jpg
http://img133.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcu2000secretfiles1p359ov.jpg
http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcu2000secretfiles1p368nd.jpg
http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcu2000secretfiles1p370nr.jpg

batdude123
Originally posted by Blair Wind
leftover scans I have of Kyle:

-Kyle makes a prison for the CSA and holds them for over a day. Ultraman (evil Superman) tries for hours to break it and fails. Kyle kept this up while attending to other business on Earth. Not even their version of Green Lantern could break it.
http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hrjlaearth20441wd.jpg
http://img260.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hrjlaearth20452yu.jpg
http://img331.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hrjlaearth20525fm.jpg
http://img419.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hrjlaearth20538vf.jpg

-Kyle Vs Amazo 2000. The version of the Amazo had the powers of nearly every superhero on Earth. The JSA, JLA, Marvel family, Strange Visitor, Firestorm, etc.
http://img141.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcu2000secretfiles1p336gb.jpg
http://img133.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcu2000secretfiles1p348nw.jpg
http://img133.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcu2000secretfiles1p359ov.jpg
http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcu2000secretfiles1p368nd.jpg
http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcu2000secretfiles1p370nr.jpg

And? Averages count for a lot more than top showings, B-Dub. Otherwise Superman is an omniverse saving, multiversal reality warper destroying, god-slaying, team thrashing, Darkseid stompin' bastich who has no peers under herald level.

5/10 split.

nvrbeenwthagirl
And? Averages count for a lot more than top showings, B-Dub. Otherwise Superman is an omniverse saving, multiversal reality warper destroying, god-slaying, team thrashing, Darkseid stompin' bastich who has no peers under herald level.

5/10 split.

Kyle has Many more options of beating Superman than Supers has of beating Kyle. Kyle wins against Superman as many times as surfer does. 7-8/10. Hell Kyle can do shit the surfer cannot. Ring Suck for the win. Automotons of the JLA. High End shields. Matter transmutation. Or Kyle gives himself Daxamite DNA and holds on to the ring.

Acrosurge
Kyle has Many more options of beating Superman than Supers has of beating Kyle. Kyle wins against Superman as many times as surfer does. 7-8/10. Hell Kyle can do shit the surfer cannot. Ring Suck for the win. Automotons of the JLA. High End shields. Matter transmutation. Or Kyle gives himself Daxamite DNA and holds on to the ring. Kyle could do most of those things, however Supes's method of beating Kyle is far simpler and quicker: speed blitz Kyle's shields with strength/HV. Superman's will is stronger and the fight is over as soon as he cracks Kyle's defenses.

Kyle's best offense is to remove Superman's powers with the Ring Suck; on this we agree. Otherwise, I think Supes would wreck anything Kyle throws at him.

batdude123
Kyle has Many more options of beating Superman than Supers has of beating Kyle. Kyle wins against Superman as many times as surfer does. 7-8/10. Hell Kyle can do shit the surfer cannot. Ring Suck for the win. Automotons of the JLA. High End shields. Matter transmutation. Or Kyle gives himself Daxamite DNA and holds on to the ring.

laughing @ the versatility = an automatic win argument. If that were the case, Thor would own Flash. Having the power to do something is less important than the actual EXECUTION of those said powers in a combat situation. That's why Superman makes the versatility argument null.

Anyway, I seem to recall you saying Superman in his "uber" mode is >>>> Surfer and Thor.

Not only are you full of inconsistencies in your comments... you're also full of complete shit.

nvrbeenwthagirl
laughing @ the versatility = an automatic win argument. If that were the case, Thor would own Flash. Having the power to do something is less important than the actual EXECUTION of those said powers in a combat situation. That's why Superman makes the versatility argument null.

Anyway, I seem to recall you saying Superman in his "uber" mode is >>>> Surfer and Thor.

Not only are you full of inconsistencies in your comments... you're also full of complete shit.

yes Superman in his uber mode is higher than both of them. But kyle in his uber mode is higher than superman. I have always said that I thought Gls were better than surfer and thor on many occasion. So how that is full of shit is beyond me. GL>uber Superman>Surfer=regular superman=Thor.

batdude123
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Kyle could do most of those things, however Supes's method of beating Kyle is far simpler and quicker: speed blitz Kyle's shields with strength/HV.

But... but... but Kyle has MORE options!!! My logic is foolproof I say!

Kyle 10/10!!!!

batdude123
yes Superman in his uber mode is higher than both of them. But kyle in his uber mode is higher than superman. I have always said that I thought Gls were better than surfer and thor on many occasion. So how that is full of shit is beyond me. GL>uber Superman>Surfer=regular superman=Thor.

I have a feeling you didn't read my edited post. Reread it por favor.

Tyrant
That's why Wog, and Hal are my favorites.

Also, the Superman/Batman fantoy crying overrated... the irony.
stick out tongue

nvrbeenwthagirl
I have a feeling you didn't read my edited post. Reread it por favor.

I know what you said. I have always thought the lanters were superior to Surfer and Thor when comparing high end feats. I have said this many times. I also think Superman is superior to them when he's in his uber dc sucking his dick mode. Not once did I ever say superman was over any gl's did I? so how was I a hippocrit?

panthergod
GLs better than Superman, Surfer and Thor.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So, you're a disgustingly laughable GL mark as well as a Darkised fetishist.

Kid, NO GL save Hal is on those other people's level. Kyle is second rate compared to the elite big timers like Superman Thor and Surfer, kid.

But I wouldn't expect someone who get all of his information from inter net message boards to have enough knowledge to realize that.

Tyrant
Originally posted by panthergod
Kid, NO GL save Hal is on those other people's level. Kyle is second rate compared to the elite big timers like Superman Thor and Surfer, kid.
Sexcellent... sexcellent. evil face

batdude123
I know what you said. I have always thought the lanters were superior to Surfer and Thor when comparing high end feats. I have said this many times. I also think Superman is superior to them when he's in his uber dc sucking his dick mode. Not once did I ever say superman was over any gl's did I? so how was I a hippocrit?

Because you said, and I quote: "Kyle wins against Superman as many times as surfer does. 7-8/10."

Then you say that Superman is>>>Surfer? confused

Also, you really don't seem to be grasping the concept that you can have all the versatility in the world, but if someone has a way of beating you quicker and more efficiently, then you're f*cked.

That's why this fight is 5/10 for both imo.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by panthergod
GLs better than Superman, Surfer and Thor.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So, you're a disgustingly laughable GL mark as well as a Darkised fetishist.

But I wouldn't expect someone who get all of his information from inter net message boards to have enough knowledge to realize that.

You do realize these are comics and that the majority vote doesn't make something that is totally left up to interpretation right? You do know this right? I should hope you do.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Because you said, and I quote: "Kyle wins against Superman as many times as surfer does. 7-8/10."

Then you say that Superman is>>>Surfer? confused

Also, you really don't seem to be grasping the concept that you can have all the versatility in the world, but if someone has a way of beating you quicker and more efficiently, then you're f*cked.

That's why this fight is 5/10 for both imo.

I said Superman in his Uber mode is >>> Sufer. dont' forget that. And that is in power output. I have said that they normally both operate on teh same lvl of out put sometimes superman out does surfer.

batdude123
You do realize these are comics and that the majority vote doesn't make something that is totally left up to interpretation right?

That's one thing I can agree with you on.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Of course. in actuality, you may be right, superman could have knocked Diana out, beat the crap out of kyle and all. But it's all up to our interpretation of events that allows us to see what we see. If we all agreed, this forum would be ****ed and boring. kinda like some of those others were everyone agrees all the time.

Avalonofthewind

I agree with that Superman wins part. smile

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9035/supermanv2204p016bq2.th.jpghttp://img47.imageshack.us/img47/4827/supermanv2204p01718ap6.th.jpghttp://img47.imageshack.us/img47/3950/supermanv2204p019gl4.th.jpg

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/8343/supermanv2204p020cs7.th.jpghttp://img47.imageshack.us/img47/592/supermanv2204p021ev1.th.jpghttp://img47.imageshack.us/img47/4239/supermanv2204p022pn5.th.jpg

quanchi112
I said Superman in his Uber mode is >>> Sufer. dont' forget that. And that is in power output. I have said that they normally both operate on teh same lvl of out put sometimes superman out does surfer. when surfer is pissed and supes is pised they both can be scary, but surfer definitely would win. hes the silver surfer and the power cosmic would literally rape superman in a million different ways to exploit his weaknesses.

Juntai
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
I agree with that Superman wins part. smile

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9035/supermanv2204p016bq2.th.jpghttp://img47.imageshack.us/img47/4827/supermanv2204p01718ap6.th.jpghttp://img47.imageshack.us/img47/3950/supermanv2204p019gl4.th.jpg

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/8343/supermanv2204p020cs7.th.jpghttp://img47.imageshack.us/img47/592/supermanv2204p021ev1.th.jpghttp://img47.imageshack.us/img47/4239/supermanv2204p022pn5.th.jpg Ever wonder how Kyle got himself into a situation like that?

Supes is the man.

Juntai
Lots of characters seem versatile enough to handle Superman. And Kyle certainly does have that over him. However... Application, adaptation, keeping the pressure on, and most of all finishing are quintessential pieces of combat. While both characters have great power, all those of categories belong to Superman more often than not. Thus, I give him an edge here.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Juntai
Ever wonder how Kyle got himself into a situation like that?

Supes is the man. no supes aint the man. hes tough and i give him his respect but dc is all over his nuts. laughing

Tyrant
Lots of characters seem versatile enough to handle Superman. And Kyle certainly does have that over him. However... Application, adaptation, keeping the pressure on, and most of all finishing are quintessential pieces of combat. While both characters have great power, all those of categories belong to Superman more often than not. Thus, I give him an edge here. What in your opinion, would be the results for a Hal/Supes fight?

quanchi112
What in your opinion, would be the results for a Hal/Supes fight? supes wins majority.

Juntai
What in your opinion, would be the results for a Hal/Supes fight? Hal would have a better shot, because while both Kyle and Hal have the versatility with a ring that can do anything, Hal tends to utilize a lot more raw power. Also, given that their ring is based off of will, Hal also has to his advantage the fact that he isn't really impressed by Superman, compared to Kyle. Hal thinks Hal is the shit.

Tyrant
Hal would have a better shot, because while both Kyle and Hal have the versatility with a ring that can do anything, Hal tends to utilize a lot more raw power. Also, given that their ring is based off of will, Hal also has to his advantage the fact that he isn't really impressed by Superman, compared to Kyle. Hal thinks Hal is the shit. Thanks. smile

Same thoughts here. Just wanted to get your opinion while it's here.

Hal's always been my favorite GL (although Wog is awesome as well). I've never been quite as impressed with Kyle (minus a bb holding).

quanchi112
Hal would have a better shot, because while both Kyle and Hal have the versatility with a ring that can do anything, Hal tends to utilize a lot more raw power. Also, given that their ring is based off of will, Hal also has to his advantage the fact that he isn't really impressed by Superman, compared to Kyle. Hal thinks Hal is the shit. so do u think hal puts up a better fight or does hal win? whats ur answer to the question?

Juntai
Hal Jordan is my second favorite comics character, next to Bruce Wayne. I've just always been a Batman guy.

Superherovandal
Seriously since this doesn't say GL Kyle shouldn't it be Ion Kyle facing Supes and not one with a GL ring.

Rewmac
Either way both GL and Ion Kyle beats Superman.

pr1983
Hal thinks Hal is the shit.

laughing out loud

if it's GL Kyle, then i have to go with supes... most of what juntai said i agree with, and imo supes is just better at what he does than kyle...

hal on the other hand, if there was ever a GL that could take down Supes, it'd be Hal...

best scenario for kyle imo, its a 5/5 split...

batdude123
Hal would have a better shot, because while both Kyle and Hal have the versatility with a ring that can do anything, Hal tends to utilize a lot more raw power. Also, given that their ring is based off of will, Hal also has to his advantage the fact that he isn't really impressed by Superman, compared to Kyle. Hal thinks Hal is the shit.

I think Superman and Hal would take 5/10 from each other, personally. In terms of heroism, feats, power, etc... they've always been the two big dogs in DC. smile

batdude123
Originally posted by pr1983
laughing out loud

if it's GL Kyle, then i have to go with supes... most of what juntai said i agree with, and imo supes is just better at what he does than kyle...

hal on the other hand, if there was ever a GL that could take down Supes, it'd be Hal...

best scenario for kyle imo, its a 5/5 split...

While your opinion is well founded... authority figures make me puke, Mr. New Mod. no expression

pr1983
While your opinion is well founded... authority figures make me puke, Mr. New Mod. no expression

huh?

batdude123
huh?

Joke? Welcome to modship?

pr1983
Joke? Welcome to modship?

again with the 'huh'

where did you get that idea?

batdude123
again with the 'huh'

where did you get that idea?

From Digi. He said you and Illadelphia are gonna be the new comic book vs. forum mods.

pr1983
From Digi. He said you and Illadelphia are gonna be the new comic book vs. forum mods.

lol, yeah i just saw that... sorry for the playing dumb, you just caught me off guard a bit there...

batdude123
lol, yeah i just saw that... sorry for the playing dumb, you just caught me off guard a bit there...

I felt like a dick when you didn't seem to know what I was talking about. laughing out loud

pr1983
I felt like a dick when you didn't seem to know what I was talking about. laughing out loud

lol, sorry for that...

btw, whats the ribbon on your avi?

batdude123
lol, sorry for that...

btw, whats the ribbon on your avi?

One of the posters on here (Marea) found out she has breast cancer.

pr1983
One of the posters on here (Marea) found out she has breast cancer.

ouch, that sucks (understatement), i had that... not of the breast mind you, more in the lungage area...

she doing ok?

batdude123
ouch, that sucks (understatement), i had that... not of the breast mind you, more in the lungage area...

she doing ok?

I'm not sure right now. I think she caught it early, which is a good thing.

pr1983
I'm not sure right now. I think she caught it early, which is a good thing.

well thats good at least... i think we should get back on the topic of how badly supes can beat kyle... shifty

batdude123
well thats good at least... i think we should get back on the topic of how badly supes can beat kyle... shifty

But Kyle has more ways of beating Superman no matter how long they take or how dragged out they may be. Superman may be able to take him out fast and effectively, but the fact that Kyle has MORE options makes this a 10/10 curbstomp in his favor.

Hazzah!!! My logic is foolproof I tells ya!!! durfist

pr1983
But Kyle has more ways of beating Superman no matter how long they take or how dragged out they may be. Superman may be able to take him out fast and effectively, but the fact that Kyle has MORE options makes this a 10/10 curbstomp in his favor.

Hazzah!!! My logic is foolproof I tells ya!!! durfist

laughing

in fairness though, the longer the fight lasts, the better kyle's chances imo... not as good as say, hal's, but sufficient...

edit: actually no... sorry...

batdude123
laughing

in fairness though, the longer the fight lasts, the better kyle's chances imo... not as good as say, hal's, but sufficient...

edit: actually no... sorry...

Oh I love Kyle... it's just that I see him as being overrated quite a bit on here and it's kind of annoying. He isn't taking a majority over Superman.

pr1983
Oh I love Kyle... it's just that I see him as being overrated quite a bit on here and it's kind of annoying. He isn't taking a majority over Superman.

i'll admit i'm not as big a fan of kyle as i am of say, hal, or ever supes for that matter, and with all respect to kyle, i just don't see him as being on par with the supermans or hals of the world...

batdude123
i'll admit i'm not as big a fan of kyle as i am of say, hal, or ever supes for that matter, and with all respect to kyle, i just don't see him as being on par with the supermans or hals of the world...

At his best, I can see Kyle being = to Hal. On average though? That's a different story altogether.

pr1983
At his best, I can see Kyle being = to Hal. On average though? That's a different story altogether.

but is kyle's best = to hal's best?

CasanoVa

No way, Jose.

pr1983
Originally posted by CasanoVa
No way, Jose.

that's what i was getting at... stick out tongue

batdude123

Hal consistently operates at a higher level than Kyle. But if Kyle is at his best, yeah he definitely has comparable feats to Hal's best.

CasanoVa
that's what i was getting at... stick out tongue

Damn right!

Let's see Kyle try and punch out Batman.

batdude123
Hal consistently operates at a higher level than Kyle. But if Kyle is at his best, yeah he definitely has comparable feats to Hal's best.

Bottom of the page.

batdude123
Damn right!

Let's see Kyle try and punch out Batman.

Hal didn't knock out Batman.

CasanoVa
Hal didn't knock out Batman.

My definition of punch out = floored.

Not knocked out, because Batman was up and about in no time, was pretty badass on Hal's part though cool

batdude123
My definition of punch out = floored.

Not knocked out, because Batman was up and about in no time, was pretty badass on Hal's part though cool

Indeed. hmm

*points to my sig*

CasanoVa
Indeed. hmm

*points to my sig*

Meh.

That wasn't badass roll eyes (sarcastic)

batdude123
Meh.

That wasn't badass roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jealousy blinds you.

CasanoVa
Jealousy blinds you.

Please.

I've been punching GL's out since I was a yung'un.

batdude123
Please.

I've been punching GL's out since I was a yung'un.

Yeah, and Batman has owned the man in your sig more times than can be counted.

CasanoVa
Yeah, and Batman has owned the man in your sig more times than can be counted.

And Guy Gardner still rocks alot harder than Batman does.

batdude123
And Guy Gardner still rocks alot harder than Batman does.

Guy's a little punk *****.

Meh, he's still cool though.

pr1983
how did i know this would degenerate into a 'hal knocked bats on his ass' thing... stick out tongue

batdude123
how did i know this would degenerate into a 'hal knocked bats on his ass' thing... stick out tongue

hmm

http://img66.imageshack.us/my.php?image=batmanpuncheshalpo8.jpg

Tyrant
hmm

http://img66.imageshack.us/my.php?image=batmanpuncheshalpo8.jpg So I see, so I see...
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/8409/halbatman2fo5.th.jpg

pr1983
hmm

http://img66.imageshack.us/my.php?image=batmanpuncheshalpo8.jpg

lol, still not as cool as knocking bats down in front of all those heroes... stick out tongue

batdude123
lol, still not as cool as knocking bats down in front of all those heroes... stick out tongue

Because of your bias towards Hal? pfft

CasanoVa

Yes, because you're not biased towards Bruce at all.. are you? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hal's the man now, Son.. Face it.

batdude123
Yes, because you're not biased towards Bruce at all.. are you? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hal's the man now, Son.. Face it.

Guilty.

Why is he the man now? The scan of Batman punching out Hal is recent; WAY after Rebirth. If anything, Hal is the reigning b!tch now. smile

Validus
What kind of bullshit is this?

superkronick92
Notice how Batman's punch made Hal bleed but Hal's punch didn't make Batman. Happy Dance

batdude123
What kind of bullshit is this?

Objective bullshit. smile

Validus
Objective bullshit. smile
But we agree that its bullshit, correct?

batdude123
But we agree that its bullshit, correct?

Ha, your face is bullshit!

Tyrant
Originally posted by superkronick92
Notice how Batman's punch made Hal bleed but Hal's punch didn't make Batman. Happy Dance Ya but, because of that punch, Wonder Woman thinks Batman has a bloody, loose vagina.

So, who really won?

Validus
I'll take that as a yes. Carry on.

CasanoVa
Guilty.

Why is he the man now? The scan of Batman punching out Hal is recent; WAY after Rebirth. If anything, Hal is the reigning b!tch now. smile

Because Hal Jordan just became all sorts of awesome as soon as he did that, sure.. he could of caged him up in some sort of cage construct or just flew off, but no.. he knocked the master martial artist off his feet with one blow, infront of everybody aswell.

It's alot more suprising to see Hal hit Batman than vice versa, because what the hell else is Batman really going to do? erm.

Just an awesome moment really.

pr1983

i actually like both heroes alot... i just thought that was a pretty badass thing hal did...

batdude123
Because Hal Jordan just became all sorts of awesome as soon as he did that, sure.. he could of caged him up in some sort of cage construct or just flew off, but no.. he knocked the master martial artist off his feet with one blow, infront of everybody aswell.

It's alot more suprising to see Hal hit Batman than vice versa, because what the hell else is Batman really going to do? erm.

Just an awesome moment really.

Hal was owned by a shark once. Unforgivable. wink

Validus
How is this Hal/Batman thing even a debate? Hal's punch had Batman crying like a little girl and setting up Hal to enter his Emocave just to get revenge. Hal took Batman's little slap to the face and smiled.

Sorry Bruce, you got worked. Go cry to Brother Eye about it.

Tyrant
Hal was owned by a shark once. Unforgivable. wink Batman got his back broke by Bane once... shifty

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>