Is Yoda a hypocrite?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Hord
I thought of this during the kun/dooku vs yoda thread.

When Dooku was a sith lord during the clone wars Yoda tried on more than one occasion to try and convert him back to the lightside despite him being responsible for the deaths of many jedi.(whether he killed himself or through traps,orders, or in general his responsibility for the war) Yet when Anakin turned Yoda knew he that he must be killed and persuaded Obiwan to fight him knowing that kenobi is no match for the emperor.
My question to you is that since Yoda trained Dooku he felt that he could turn him back but when Anakin turned it seemed he did not suggest it to Kenobi or offer it an option. I know that the situation was desperate but it seems to me if Kenobi could have turned Anakin that the chance would increase of th emperor being defeated. Your thoughts please.

Pwned61
You kind of answered your own question already. The situation wasn't just desperate, desperate is KOTOR where many jedi are being seduced and killed. The situation in ROTS was a catastrophe. I'm sure Yoda would have liked Anakin to be turned back, and it's not like Obi-wan didn't try, but I think they both knew that he hadden fallen far out of their reach. Dooku was dark, no doubt, but Anakin was justifying the slaughter of children.

Darth Hord
Even if Dooku wasn't directly responsible he did have a part to play the death of probably millions which is more than Anakin killed at the time. But you would think that Yoda would have learned in his centuries as jedi how to approach the situation that Obiwan is in and give him some type of advice but didn't.

Pwned61
Originally posted by Darth Hord
Even if Dooku wasn't directly responsible he did have a part to play the death of probably millions which is more than Anakin killed at the time. But you would think that Yoda would have learned in his centuries as jedi how to approach the situation that Obiwan is in and give him some type of advice but didn't.

What would he tell obi-wan? Obi-wan knew ankain far better than Yoda did, and if it were possible to turn him back, Obi would be the only one that knew it and knew how. Same goes for Dooku. Yoda knew him better than any other jedi alive at the time, so he would naturally try to return him to the light.

Tengu
Even if Dooku wasn't directly responsible he did have a part to play the death of probably millions which is more than Anakin killed at the time. But you would think that Yoda would have learned in his centuries as jedi how to approach the situation that Obiwan is in and give him some type of advice but didn't. not really, i mean his best friend turned to the dark side, slaughtered children, lead the clone troopers in their revolt against the jedi (the very order that took him in), betrayed Mace Windu...need i go on. Yoda in fact should be commended for his actions, Im sure Yoda was well aware that he could subdue Anakin with ease, but the emeperor was another problem. Also Obi-wan was the perfect choice for Anakin, and im not going to say because he knew all his moves and what not, I believe he was perfect because of the bond they had. As master and apprentice, brother to brother, friend to friend. It was a time of turmoil and emotion, and the damage had been done, on a scale that Yoda didnt even predict.

As distasteful as it sounds it would have been best to silence him, as he was just too unstable. He didnt listen to anyone, he was selfish, arrogant, and he an awful temper. Anakin was too powerful and even more unstable to be left alive.

Tangible God
I thought of this during the kun/dooku vs yoda thread.

When Dooku was a sith lord during the clone wars Yoda tried on more than one occasion to try and convert him back to the lightside despite him being responsible for the deaths of many jedi.(whether he killed himself or through traps,orders, or in general his responsibility for the war) Yet when Anakin turned Yoda knew he that he must be killed and persuaded Obiwan to fight him knowing that kenobi is no match for the emperor.
My question to you is that since Yoda trained Dooku he felt that he could turn him back but when Anakin turned it seemed he did not suggest it to Kenobi or offer it an option. I know that the situation was desperate but it seems to me if Kenobi could have turned Anakin that the chance would increase of th emperor being defeated. Your thoughts please. Well since Yoda trained Dooku, there's some attachment there, no doubt. Likely Yoda had learned that Sidious's fallen apprentices were not likely to turn back.

And take into account it was Anakin: headstrong, brash, arrogant, proud, and quite fearful at heart. He had just led an invasion which was a key piece in the extermination of the Jedi within... an hour.

And then there's the situation itself. 99.999% of the Jedi are now dead, the Chosen One has just allied with their arch-nemesis, and the Dark Lord himself is in total control of the galaxy. It isn't exactly the time to consider last minute redemption from Anakin, especially when the Sith are just one teensy little stroke away from total victory.

Alliance
Yoda is a flaming hypocrite.

Manslayer
Well i noticed a few things during ROTS.

He tells anakin "Miss them do not"

And he tells chewbacca "Miss you i will"

Tangible God
Miss them when they die, is what he meant for Anakin. Miss you since we're going our separate ways yet neither of us have become one with the Force, is what he meant for the Wookies.

Manslayer
Originally posted by Tangible God
Miss them when they die, is what he meant for Anakin. Miss you since we're going our separate ways yet neither of us have become one with the Force, is what he meant for the Wookies. Oh ok

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.