Signs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tex
MASTERPIECE!
MASTERPIECE!
MASTERPIECE!

Shamaylan is a genius!
Go see it!
Enough said!

LaurenE147
Excellent movie. I thought it would be cheesy as most movies like that are, but it was pulled off amazingly well. Everything fit like a jigsaw puzzle. It was all touching. And freaky! Everyone in the theatre would scream at certain points.

BackFire349
wow, how convincing. roll eyes (sarcastic) but it does look good.

ToMacco
Looks good.

Rumor has it that M. Night will be writing the script for the 4th Indiana Jones.

Bad Boy
Would the franchise end with the twist of Indy ending up as a ghost of some sort?

LaurenE147
the guy who wrote the Shawshank Redemption is writing INdy 4

Tex
Brilliant movie.
This is a little embarrassing, but I had trouble sleeping last night cause this movie traumatized me!

It did borrow a little from 'Night of the Living Dead', but Romero would be proud that 'Living Dead's' formula was used so brilliantly.

LaurenE147
I had to sleep in my mother's room.

Tex
Really?
It's funny, but scary movies never scare me.
When I was really little I used to be really afraid that aliens would come and abduct me.
I guess this movie has resurrected all those feeling again :shy:

You know what really freaked me out?
The birthday party video when we get a first glympse of the alien

Thomas H
looking forward to this one!

ToMacco
Lauren, the guy who wrote The Shawshank Redemption? Steven King wrote it. Then Frank Darabont rewrote it.

I don't think anyone knows.

Thomas H
frank darabont has worked on some King novels then...because king also wrote the green mile!

Ushgarak
You don't think anyone knows what, To?

Machine
IM BACK FOR A REPLY JUST TO SAY THIS WAS A GREAT MOVIE.

P.S. BACKFIRE IS FAT HHAHAHAH YOU CANT REPLY I WONT BE HERE

BackFire349
ok well the thread is dead.

Gundark
I'll revive it as soon as I go see this movie. The trailer really freaked me out.

Tex
The story takes place in your backyard Gundy
You should be freaked out! wink

Gundark
You're right. Bucks County isn't that far away.

*hides under bed*

Palanfirith
can I find the trailer on the net ?
I hear only good things bout this movie and I'd like to see it

Gundark
I think this is it.

http://www.fandango.com/movie_page.asp?mv=40766

Dim
The best thing about it was that it didn't leave everything with a cut and dried ending. Leaves you to wonder why the aliens were taking people and would they return...and if they did would we even know that they're there.

Tex
Dim:

Yeah, but:
Remember Mel Gibson's little son was reading that alien book, he said that if they were bad aliens, and if a war was fought and the humans won, they aliens would probably go back home and come back in maybe 100 or 10,000 years.
The book was right about everything elese, so we can pretty much assume that those mean aliens would come back.

But because it's soo easy to kill them(water) it wouldn't be a problem beating them.

About not knowing if the aliens we're among us:
I'm sure the government would come up with some high-tech baby monitors to monitor the aliens
laughing out loud

ravish
night was thinkin about writing indy 4..but turned it down because he didnt want to work with lucas and spielberg..because he felt it wouldnt allow him to write freely...

Tex
Well good for him
Personally, I think he's too good for Lucas and SB

Pinky
Well if everyone says that it's a good movie i guess i'll see it too!
Hope i don't get too scared and be unable to write u my impressions about it!

ToMacco
I thought this was a really good film. Much better than Unbreakable, but not as good as The Sixth Sense.

I thought the movie was wise, well crafted, and constantly keeping you on the edge of your seat. I wouldn't go so far as to calling it a "Masterpiece" like Texas, but it was very, very good.

What I liked best was the fact that it never crossed the line of the original idea of the film, that being faith and questioning that faith.

(*** out of four)

Jennynot
Heya.

I was thinking...is the film more scary if you show the monster/alien/creature or if you let you imagination work. I guess most of the older films that showed said monster/creature didn't have enough expertise to make it believable so it wasn't shown often. However as many horrors are now big-budget computers are being used to show monsters...is this taking the scaryness of the unknown away.

See Signs for recent aalien depiction and Alien (1) for good use of minimal viewing...at least initially.

finti
no matter what you do with this movie, even the Teletubbies is more scarier than Signs

Thomas H
this movie was not any scary! end of story!...but it was a good movie!!

finti
sucked as a movie, cant complain about the acting though

Bad Boy
I thought it was brilliant! But the ending was crap because the alien just looked like pure CGI- it has no life to it.

I think showing the alien was a good thing, but it should have looked better and not be such a happy ending as it was.

BackFire349
it depends what kinda horror movie we're talking about, a psychological horror movie usually is better if it doesnt show everything. for example, some movies will show the beginning of a death, but then cut away before its finished, and force the viewer to think about what happened, or it will show the aftermath, like in se7en. on the other hand, if the horror movie is an exploitation, then the more gruesome images you show, the better.

Tex
Signs was brilliant.
Although Shamaylan did borrow a little from Night of the Living Dead.

ToMacco
I think the imagination is far more horrid than any hollywood makeup job. That's why I think "The Blair Witch Project" was so effective. The scariest thing was what you couldn't see.

kychesu
yes the movie was sorta ruined when they showed the aliens. imagination should do the job

AddictedToBoys
I saw signs and freaked out. i had nightmares for days. so, i think it was a scary movie

SlipknoT
It wasnt scary, but I really liked it.

Samas-adian
Some people found it scary, some didnt. It all depends on what your version of scary is. Some scenes freaked me out, but overall i wasnt scared. My girlfriend on the other hand was scared shitless because she had a child fear of invading aliens (10 year old kid watching Unsolved Mysteries does that sometimes). So she found it scary.

I feel if the movie is trying to scare the crap out of you, showing the monster or etc. early in the film is less scary than not showing it.

Scarpa
That movie wasnt at all scary but it was still good

Aku
Signs is one of those movies that you think is crap after you've seen it but when you watch it again you realize how amazing it is (like titanic), considering it was a crap film. But i get your point, I think its good to show the monster and to show it through different parts of the film, coz alot of films only introduce the monster at the end and then it sucks for some reason.

Cipher
There was some suspense to it, but I was disappointed with the story. The message sucked and isn't believable.

Imperial_Samura
I prefer psychological thrillers or horror, though it depends. It often nice to have the tension build and build with some unseen threat going around and doing nasty, scary things, but sometimes its nice to get to know the beasty early on, maybe like a zombie flick, as the visual imagery is an important part of it.

Sign's had its moments, but the aliens were a bit disappointing. Locked in a cupboard? Tch, tch.

T.M
i didn't like this at all i don't know if i was the only one but i figured out the twist after about 20-30 minutes and it wasn't scary to me

AddictedToBoys
signs was awesome, though i thought it was a bit scary

Aku
Padme is so fine.

Anyway, I think this movie had the potential to be an absolute classic if they based the story more on the aliens and stuff instead of wierd times in your life or whatever it was about.

SnakeEyes
I picked this movie up for $10 today. I saw this movie a while ago when it came out, and still think it's a good movie. As long as you're not expecting a movie solely about aliens.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.