Ken Masters v.s. Paul Phoenix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FortressXRuler
They sort of look alike, with the blonde hair and fighting outfits. Paul is sort of like an edgier verson of Ken.

No hadouken
No Unblockable attacks

Discuss

Superboy Prime
Hmm...IMO it's Ken's fight to win, but Paul can pull it off.

I mean...stalemating 2 Tekken heroes/protagonists is probably off the charts considering the fact he had to overcome the jobber aura.

colonelf40
this one is easily goes to ken maybe 8/10
ken is the 10 time U.S martial arts champion and paul has only won t3
ken has beaten ryu in sf2, beaten zangief, beaten t.hawk, beaten vega, has beaten his brother in law guile

Paul got is ass beat by Kuma for goodness sake.

FortressXRuler
LOL Paul losing to a bear, that's funny. But why did Heihachi have a 300 pound bear as a pet. Why he is taking too many Alziemers pills is beyond me.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by colonelf40
this one is easily goes to ken maybe 8/10
ken is the 10 time U.S martial arts champion and paul has only won t3
ken has beaten ryu in sf2, beaten zangief, beaten t.hawk, beaten vega, has beaten his brother in law guile

Paul got is ass beat by Kuma for goodness sake.

Nice way of posting Ken's feats while ignoring Paul's for the sake of a low end feat.

- Last time I checked Ken was a 3 time US martial arts champion.
- Give me canon sources stating Ken beat all those guys in SF2

Paul has:

-stalemated with Kazuya Mishima in Tekken
-killed current Kuma's father with his fists in Tekken 2
-stalemated Jin Kazama in Tekken 3
-beat Ogre in Tekken 3

Paul has a good resume. He can definitely bring the fight to Ken if you decide to stop ignoring his accomplishments.

brainchild81
Ken wins

FortressXRuler
Ken's feats outclasses SOME of Paul's feats
1. Is a 10 time martial arts tournament champ
2. Beat Ryu inSF2

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by FortressXRuler
Ken's feats outclasses SOME of Paul's feats
1. Is a 10 time martial arts tournament champ
2. Beat Ryu inSF2

1. Is not really saying much
2. He has also lost to Ryu, more often than not might I add.

FortressXRuler
Sorry I got cut off. Let me continue my reasoning 4 statement #2

2. Ken beat Ryu in SF2(who is much stronger than Paul in every way). So I think that Ken pulls the win, despite the fact that Paul will prove to be quite a challenge.

Superboy Prime
I give Ken the win as well.

It's just that colonel's disrespect of Paul pissed me off a little bit.

FortressXRuler
Yeah. colonelf40 should go to some anger management program. That whole cursing over some thread thing is really getting on my nerves. Lana should really speak to him.

StyleTime
I REALLY hate saying this but Paul will lose the majority. He is still one of the best Tekken characters and deserves to kill the boss one time.

*Cheers Paul on*

OSU!

Sado22
people, please. ken is a THREE time US champ.

not saying much.

I don't think ryu's is stronger than Paul in EVERY way.
Paul can shatter human sized boulder to bits, break down walls for kicks and KO bears without effort. he even beat Ogre who is the God of War.
on top of all that he's got reversals, counters and nasty power. oh and he's got amazing moves at close range and he's got good throws too since he's a judo fighter.
NOt saying Ryu'll lose to Paul (well, actually i am) but Paul's being underestimated to shameful levels. He is the ONLY guy to take down Jin in the whole series and he stalemated Kazzy....both of whom will pwn Ryu in my opinon.

Ken's feats are winning a tourny with unheard, unnamed fighters and taking down school girls. not much accomplishments there. also people seem to be barring Paul's top condition despite his age.

Paul beats Ken. 6/10

*goes and smashes down a wall*
USSU!!!

~The Any-Time-Any-Where-Bring-it-on-Ya Paul-haters! Sado-sama

BlaxicanHydra
Ken still wins.

Sado22
The Hulk Still Rulz mad

~Sado

FortressXRuler
If Paul and Ken bands together, they will be a force to be reckoned with.

BlaxicanHydra
Originally posted by Sado22
The Hulk Still Rulz mad

~Sado

Why... yes. Yes he does.

shin_remy
Ken Pwns Paul

FortressXRuler
If Paul can use some of his nasty throws on him, he can probably win. But I still think that Ken wins the majority.

6/10 Ken
4/10 Paul

Lazy MFer
Ken.

The man has kept a CLOSE rivalry with a guy that can lift boulders, dodge bullets, use the Satsui No Hadou, and obliterate opponents with regular special moves and etc.

While at the same time, running a business, raising a family, and training 2 fighters.

The mans versatile, and if he took to fighting like Ryu, he'd be better then Ryu.

Ken pwns Paul. .

FortressXRuler
Who's Ken's wife?

Lazy MFer
Eliza

FortressXRuler
Did Ken pimp her?

Superboy Prime
He did...and then she layed the smackdown on him for Pimpin Morrigan.

Lazy MFer
laughing

That part was funny.

FortressXRuler
Is Morrigan pregnant now, if so, DAMN! Ken is pimpin, but there does come child support!

brainchild81
Originally posted by Lazy MFer
Ken.

The man has kept a CLOSE rivalry with a guy that can lift boulders, dodge bullets, use the Satsui No Hadou, and obliterate opponents with regular special moves and etc.

While at the same time, running a business, raising a family, and training 2 fighters.

The mans versatile, and if he took to fighting like Ryu, he'd be better then Ryu.

Ken pwns Paul. . Ditto

Sado22
and here he is facing on who can shatter it to bits with a single punch that is not even his strongest.

and here he is facing a man who is hightier in a game where the lower tiers dodge bullets (julia chang)

and here he is fighitng a man who pwns demons and those possessed by them with his BARE HANDS.

and here he is facing a man who obliterated A BEAR with a basic punch

Ken MAY beat Paul but no need to underrate a seasoned veteran who LIVES for the fight.

~Sado

StyleTime
and here he is facing a man who is hightier in a game where the lower tiers dodge bullets (julia chang)
~Sado
ermm

Sado22
what?

Superboy Prime
I gotta agree with Sado on this one. There is no need to disrespect Mr. Phoenix. **** even Namco with all it's Jin stroking respects Paul.

FortressXRuler
Yeah. Paul needs to get more respect. He is a strong character.

Emperor Ashtar
Yeah. Paul needs to get more respect. He is a strong character.

If people want paul to gain respect, than Namco just needs to do a better job with him.

FortressXRuler
They should probably make him fight Complete Devil Jin.

StyleTime
It appears that some of you didn't see what I bringing into question. This should help clear things up.
in a game where the lower tiers dodge bullets (julia chang)
~Sado
ermm

Julia didn't dodge bullets. She ran. Spiderman dodges bullets. Julia Chang does not.

It's this same kind of logic that has Wolverine fans saying he can dodge bullets. You're exaggerating her abilities Sado22.

shin_remy
Originally posted by StyleTime
It appears that some of you didn't see what I bringing into question. This should help clear things up.

ermm

Julia didn't dodge bullets. She ran. Spiderman dodges bullets. Julia Chang does not.

It's this same kind of logic that has Wolverine fans saying he can dodge bullets. You're exaggerating her abilities Sado22.

like always roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sado22
watch the ending again...she runs away when he starts shooting randomly. she clearly dodged the first bullet. WATCH IT AGAIN!

~Sado

FortressXRuler
She's a wannabe Chun-Li.

StyleTime
watch the ending again...she runs away when he starts shooting randomly. she clearly dodged the first bullet. WATCH IT AGAIN!

~Sado
I did. She was airborn long before he fired the first shot. An old man isn't going to be quick on the uptake you know. He even fired 2 more shots in the same spot she flipped away after she had already taken off.

Running from an old man isn't bullet dodging. Is she nimble? Yes.

Can she dodge bullets? No.

FortressXRuler
Does anyone know what happened to Xeno?

Lazy MFer
WTF, how did I disrespect or underrate Paul, I said Paul's name once in my post. I don't blatantly underrate the characters I argue against, unlike some others.

And if anything, people are underrating Ken just so the fight between Ken and Paul can be closer than it really is.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Lazy MFer
WTF, how did I disrespect or underrate Paul, I said Paul's name once in my post. I don't blatantly underrate the characters I argue against, unlike some others.

And if anything, people are underrating Ken just so the fight between Ken and Paul can be closer than it really is.

Calm down. I was not talking about you. Try reading the first page and you will see how a certain poster made Paul look like a wimp.

FortressXRuler
Me?

Superboy Prime
No.

Xenogears
Pheonix.

FortressXRuler
Why?

Xenogears
Me?

FortressXRuler
What was that 4?

Xenogears
For no reason.

As for why Paul wins, pretty much everything explaining why he does has been said. I think I'll not waste my energy.

BlaxicanHydra
Damn it... he's back. sad

I mean. Your back!

Xenogears
w00t

FortressXRuler
YAY!!!!!

Sado22
styletime, she hoped and flipped clean over the bullet. i know its hard to NOT look at her @$$ but still you have to will yourself to do itbig grin big grin

~Sado

HonkyTonkMan
Ken wins this while teaching Paul Judo. Ken outspeeds the Guile/Benimaru look alike and sees most of Pauls moves withi his eyes closed. The only chance Paul has is with his big a** punch but in that time Ken pushes out thirty push ups and then tops it off with a Shoryuken to Pauls jaw.

StyleTime
styletime, she hoped and flipped clean over the bullet. i know its hard to NOT look at her @$$ but still you have to will yourself to do itbig grin big grin

~Sado
It's not hard to flip over the bullet when it was fired under her while she was airborne.

brainchild81
Spider-Man rules

FortressXRuler
Take that to the Comic Book versus forum.

StyleTime
Originally posted by brainchild81
Spider-Man rules
He'd lose to Julia. shifty

Xenogears
Chang? She's so extremely hot by the way.

Darkstorm Zero
and here he is facing on who can shatter it to bits with a single punch that is not even his strongest.

and here he is fighitng a man who pwns demons and those possessed by them with his BARE HANDS.

and here he is facing a man who obliterated A BEAR with a basic punch

Ken MAY beat Paul but no need to underrate a seasoned veteran who LIVES for the fight.

~Sado

-Naw, just his Phoenix Smasher... Which by the way, is his strongest punch besides the Unblockable, which is merely a souped up Phoenix Smasher anyway...

-She jumped over it while she was already in the air...Thats not dodging, thats called blind luck.

-Gee... I guess fighting with guys like Bison and Akuma don't count right?... roll eyes (sarcastic)

-Zangied does the smae thing for basic training, Paul was fighting for his life, and it wasn't basic, it was a full scale match.

-And who is underrating Ken? Answer = You Sado seriously underrate Ken, as you do with every SFer.

FortressXRuler
At least give them some recognition.

Sado22
keywords: NOT STRONGEST PUNCH.
thank you.

no because, GEE, fighting losing to Akuma and losing to Bison doesn't mean crap. Paul took these things on and WON. hence the difference.

yeah, but Paul isn't a 7foot bear looking guy. he is a normal human being with lots of punching power. it was clear what i meant so cut the retard act.

really?
by saying that Paul will beat him?
sorry but i am not a adherent of the Church of Street Fighter.

~Sado

Xenogears
thank you.

no because, GEE, fighting losing to Akuma and losing to Bison doesn't mean crap. Paul took these things on and WON. hence the difference.

yeah, but Paul isn't a 7foot bear looking guy. he is a normal human being with lots of punching power. it was clear what i meant so cut the retard act.

really?

~Sado DAMN!! laughing

That last statement was great, and I'm profiling it.

Darkstorm Zero
thank you.

really?

~Sado

-It's his strongest special move Sado... don't play the semantic games now.

-He defeated both Bison and Akuma at least once each...

-Retard act? you just said that he beats Ken because he took on bears like it meant something... Balrog kills Elephants with single punches, and Zangief trtains with bears, yet ken easily topples both of 'em.

-No, by saying paul will beat him for retarded reasons... I've no problems admitting when characters lose Sado, as long as the facts support the reasons why they lose and why their opposition wins.

Oh, and I may be a fan of Street fighter, but that in no way makes me a fanboy f*cktard... You on the other hand have come out with some of the strangest and most exasperating bullshit in the 2 and a half years I've been here, short of the ral fanboys like Luffyjin.

Xenogears
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Oh, and I may be a fan of Street fighter, but that in no way makes me a fanboy f*cktard... You on the other hand have come out with some of the strangest and most exasperating bullshit in the 2 and a half years I've been here, short of the ral fanboys like Luffyjin. Calm down internet tough guy. happy

~Xenogears

Darkstorm Zero
Huh? Internet tough guy?....

I didn't threaten anyone with physical violence...

confused

Xenogears
Weren't you just calling someone a f*cktard a minute ago?

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
but that in no way makes me a fanboy f*cktard...

No, not at all.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Xenogears
Weren't you just calling someone a f*cktard a minute ago?

That is being a jackass, not an internet tough guy. dur

Darkstorm Zero
It was actually tellingSado I'm not a fanboy... ;p

Xenogears
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
That is being a jackass, not an internet tough guy. dur Meh..it seemed like he was threatening him...but he just pointed he wasn't insulting or threatening anyone so...

Sado22
ah for the love of...!
ALRIGHT!
let me say this as slowly and clearly as possible:
paul did not break the boulder with his strongest move. his strongest move is the burning fist which he didn't use. hence, he broke the boulder without using his strongeset move.

Ken? not really. unless you mean in-game SFA3 and even then ken never beat akuma...and AT THE VERY LEAST, not with his barehands.
but this will be another pointless argument since our sources conflict. lets drop it.

you're making it look like i said, Paul beats ken cuz paul can take down bears with one hit. that is FAR from my argument. look in the first page so as to why i really say Ken is gonna lose. and even then, when almost EVERYTHING is in paul's favor i said it will be a good fight. i didn't start having premature orgasms like ShinLemy, flame people and say it'll be a curbstomp.

alright and i didn't say anything did i?

funny, i wasn't the one who PM'd another guy just cuz he disagreed with him and left KMC cuz of disagreements. i don't like taking potshots and lowblows at people but so i'll just leave it at that.
besides...the other half of what you says is computer typos and halfassed that makes no sense.

~Sado

Xenogears
i didn't start having premature orgasms like ShinLemy, flame people and say it'll be a curbstomp.

besides...the other half of what you says is computer typos and halfassed that makes no sense.

~Sado laughing

Darkstorm Zero
ah for the love of...!
ALRIGHT!
let me say this as slowly and clearly as possible:
paul did not break the boulder with his strongest move. his strongest move is the burning fist which he didn't use. hence, he broke the boulder without using his strongeset move.

And Ryu didn't Grab that boulder with his strongest grapple... so whats your point?

And Burning Fist is out anyways since that and the Hadouken are out.

Ken? not really. unless you mean in-game SFA3 and even then ken never beat akuma...and AT THE VERY LEAST, not with his barehands.
but this will be another pointless argument since our sources conflict. lets drop it.

Right.

you're making it look like i said, Paul beats ken cuz paul can take down bears with one hit. that is FAR from my argument. look in the first page so as to why i really say Ken is gonna lose. and even then, when almost EVERYTHING is in paul's favor i said it will be a good fight. i didn't start having premature orgasms like ShinLemy, flame people and say it'll be a curbstomp.

I never said you did, but then again, your listed reasons are:

Paul can shatter human sized boulder to bits, break down walls for kicks and KO bears without effort. he even beat Ogre who is the God of War.
on top of all that he's got reversals, counters and nasty power. oh and he's got amazing moves at close range and he's got good throws too since he's a judo fighter.
NOt saying Ryu'll lose to Paul (well, actually i am) but Paul's being underestimated to shameful levels. He is the ONLY guy to take down Jin in the whole series and he stalemated Kazzy....both of whom will pwn Ryu in my opinon.

Lets examine:

Why?

Paul can shatter human sized boulder to bits, break down walls for kicks and KO bears without effort.

Right here, you say "Without effort" which is bullshit since Paul was hard-pressed every time he fought either Kuma.

he even beat Ogre who is the God of War.

First, Ogre's not a god.

Second, Ken's got both Parry's and Alpha counters. We've discussed this ages ago last time someone brought up Ryu vs Paul.

Third, Ryu's got some good throws, actually similar to Pauls, and ken's got a few more than Ryu does., and close combat is easily solved via use of the Shoryuken and Tatsumaki Senpu Kuyaku.

alright and i didn't say anything did i?

Yes you did.

funny, i wasn't the one who PM'd another guy just cuz he disagreed with him and left KMC cuz of disagreements. i don't like taking potshots and lowblows at people but so i'll just leave it at that.

I apologise for the Typos, my comp is still frazzled.

And who are you talking about? Who's PMing everyone and leaving?

What I said wasn't meant to be a low blow or a potshot... I state what I state up front and without remorse or regret, I ama direct kind of guy... sometimes too direct, but I never hide anything.

Sado22
you know you're not making sense right? i mean....strongest grapple?

TTT paul's ending. one punch put down Kuma. you'll tell me that its noncanon, but think of it as my "comet smasher" theory.
on top of all that Paul doesn't have a single scar on his body from fighting kuma so its obvious that he wasn't hardpressed. even after being smacked by Kuma JR. he was still not unconscious. the only reason he lost that fight was becasue he wasn't focused and too upset from what happened to him in T3.
besides, where is your proof that he was hard pressed.

To-shin, the god of fight worshipped by people in the areas he was found.

does ken break bones with holds and throws? no.
only the arm toss and the judo toss are similar to Ken's holds. aside from that NONE of pauls throws are like kens.
twist-and-shout, ultimate tackle, arm breaker, push away, the armbreaker throws...these are his holds and i'm not even getting into the the side and back throws.
also he has reversals that break the bones. does ken? no.
no dice.

stop right there.

okay...two moves. and?

~Sado

shin_remy
you are underrating Ken Sado

Sado22
you should shut the f--k up

shin_remy
you should read the ''How to make the Games vs Forums a better place'''

no expression

Sado22
why sure....just around the time you stop flaming people for disagreeing with you smile

FortressXRuler
GET THE **** BACK ON TOPIC SADO!!!!! YOU SHOULD STOP THE FLAMING!!!!!!!!!

Guilty Gear
No, Sado is right. remy needs to shut his little trap.

FortressXRuler
Heh, looking at this again, I guess you're right.

brainchild81
Take that to the Comic Book versus forum. laughing Already have. Sado & Remy should chill

Sandai Kitetsu
laughing Already have. Sado & Remy should chill
So, I assume your done with gamesversus. If so, any reason why in particular?

brainchild81
Nah. Not done here. Just been busy

Sandai Kitetsu
Nah. Not done here. Just been busy
And, already this forum seems less brighter.

brainchild81
laughing Thanx. This place is still good. People just need to stop the internet beefin'

Darkstorm Zero
you know you're not making sense right? i mean....strongest grapple?

You made no sense either... You made like what you said meant something important, you do realise that Pauls Phoenix smasher is his 2nd strongest move, and was the basis for the burning fist anyways.

TTT paul's ending. one punch put down Kuma. you'll tell me that its noncanon, but think of it as my "comet smasher" theory.
on top of all that Paul doesn't have a single scar on his body from fighting kuma so its obvious that he wasn't hardpressed. even after being smacked by Kuma JR. he was still not unconscious. the only reason he lost that fight was becasue he wasn't focused and too upset from what happened to him in T3.
besides, where is your proof that he was hard pressed.

Becuase of kuma's profile and ending in T4, a CANNON game...

And I don't use the Comet feat... So don't even attempt to pin that on me. Whenever I have brought up the comet thing, I have mentioned it being non canon, and have only used it in response to someone else using non-canon material, so drop it Sado.

does ken break bones with holds and throws? no.
only the arm toss and the judo toss are similar to Ken's holds. aside from that NONE of pauls throws are like kens.
twist-and-shout, ultimate tackle, arm breaker, push away, the armbreaker throws...these are his holds and i'm not even getting into the the side and back throws.
also he has reversals that break the bones. does ken? no.
no dice.

First, prove it.

Second, I never said that ken had as many grapples, but thats Game Restriction.

And Paul in-game never broke any bones, otherwise his opponents would have useless arms for the rest of the fight... Come on Sado, give me an excuse for this.

stop right there.

Why?

okay...two moves. and?

Those two moves will overcome anything Paul's got in his arsenal due to priority and in in the case of the Shoryuken, invulnerability.

Sado22
hey read back over this page and others...he's been flaming and beefing LONG before I even said this. and i just told him to shut up...its not like a swore at his mom or something.

dude...get this throught your skull. i said he didn't use his strongest move. which is true, right? why don't you just admit that i was right so we can get somewhere like grown ups? you know i AM right because i've been talking about him not using his strongest punch since day one. the way you're talking its seems taht in yoru book there is no difference of power between hadouken and shinkuu hadouken. and irrespective of what you do or believe it doesn't change the fact that hadouken IS NOT stronger. so...own up.

so you DO admit that you brought it up. hence what i said.
and what profile are you talking about? Kuma's T2 profile?
as for Kuma Jr. it was made clear that he only lost because he wasn't focused. so no dice.

Prove what? the half the movelist i tossed in your face just now? don't play dumb, darko. you're better than that. the moves i mentioned are ALL part of his movelist. they are his MOVES. you asking me to prove it is like me asking you to prove that Ryu does shinshoryuken.
but since i am a nice guy:
all you have to do is plug in your Ps or PS2 and start playing with paul, press start, select movelist and hit the X button. THAT is my proof.

he has three. the arm toss, the judo leg toss and the knee kick thing. am i don't care about game restriction or what not....I could go around and tell you that Paul only has 10 throws because of game restriction. Ken has three and none of them involve bonebreaking reversals or bonebreaking tosses. Paul does. and if you don't believe me play the damn game, do his reversals or some of his throws and you'll see what i mean.

play the game and then you'll see.
and your reasoning is retarded. its like me saying Ken doesn't do the flaming shoryuken because none of his opponents (ryu, sakura, karin, sean) appear toasted in the next game. laughing

cuz i said sotongue

that's fanboy talk. priority will only be decided when they ACTUALLY fight or if Capcom and Namco actually make a real fighter. otherwise, your claim is baseless. and need i mention the bullet dodging which even Julia can (watch it again, watch when she jumps, and when the bullet hits the computer behind her...she dodget it clean).

~Sado

Darkstorm Zero
dude...get this throught your skull. i said he didn't use his strongest move. which is true, right? why don't you just admit that i was right so we can get somewhere like grown ups? you know i AM right because i've been talking about him not using his strongest punch since day one. the way you're talking its seems taht in yoru book there is no difference of power between hadouken and shinkuu hadouken. and irrespective of what you do or believe it doesn't change the fact that hadouken IS NOT stronger. so...own up.

No, I argued against it because you made itsound as though he demolishes boulders with a jab... "It's not his strongest move"

So what? unless he does it with a simple punch, and not a special, it beams about as much as your theory of Ryu being a weakling because he didn't down Hugo in a single move because he is of a lower tier.

so you DO admit that you brought it up. hence what i said.
and what profile are you talking about? Kuma's T2 profile?
as for Kuma Jr. it was made clear that he only lost because he wasn't focused. so no dice.

No, I never said that... I said if I ever did EVER, it was in response to people using non-canon material. Read what I say, instead of allowing your imagination to run wiuld with conspiracy theories.

He still lost Sado, or do you plan to argue that too?

Prove what? the half the movelist i tossed in your face just now? don't play dumb, darko. you're better than that. the moves i mentioned are ALL part of his movelist. they are his MOVES. you asking me to prove it is like me asking you to prove that Ryu does shinshoryuken.
but since i am a nice guy:
all you have to do is plug in your Ps or PS2 and start playing with paul, press start, select movelist and hit the X button. THAT is my proof.

No, I said prove Ken doesn't break bones...

he has three. the arm toss, the judo leg toss and the knee kick thing. am i don't care about game restriction or what not....I could go around and tell you that Paul only has 10 throws because of game restriction. Ken has three and none of them involve bonebreaking reversals or bonebreaking tosses. Paul does. and if you don't believe me play the damn game, do his reversals or some of his throws and you'll see what i mean.

Getting knocked 45 feet into the air by a Shinryuken and landing on hard floors breaks bones Sado,I don't care if you have rubber bones or not.

Go ahead, you wanna debate the physics of that kind of fall? be my guest and open Pandora's box.

play the game and then you'll see.
and your reasoning is retarded. its like me saying Ken doesn't do the flaming shoryuken because none of his opponents (ryu, sakura, karin, sean) appear toasted in the next game. laughing

Again, you failed to read what I said...

Breaking bones is loads more permamnent and immediate effecting than simply forching someones clothes temporarily.

Now, I'll repeat what I said

"And Paul in-game never broke any bones, otherwise his opponents would have useless arms for the rest of the fight... Come on Sado, give me an excuse for this."

This means, that if paul actually broke say... Lee's arm, would Lee be able to use that arm for the rest of THAT MATCH? Hell no... Go ahead, tell me how that gets around via game restriction... that arm should be anging limp at Lee's side if it where actually broken...

Or are you going to tell me that everyone in the Tekken Universe can now instantly heal broken bones?

that's fanboy talk. priority will only be decided when they ACTUALLY fight or if Capcom and Namco actually make a real fighter. otherwise, your claim is baseless. and need i mention the bullet dodging which even Julia can (watch it again, watch when she jumps, and when the bullet hits the computer behind her...she dodget it clean).

i'm stating the properties of the technique as represented in the games Sado, thats not Fanboyism, thats called Research... You don't like it? don't debate.

And I already addressed that whole thing with Julia earlier... I'm not repeating myself, and you never replied to it.

DarkC
~Sado
I'm a mild fan of both Tekken and Street Fighter. Does saying that Ken would beat Paul in a one on one match automatically conscript me into said Church?

According to this kind of logic, if Lee pulls his neck breaking move in Tekken 3 then it's over. One hit move.
Game, set and match.
No round twos or threes. Onto the next opponent.

But no, it ISN'T a one hit thing.

FortressXRuler
Lee has nothing to do with this fight, make a Lee v.s. whoever thread.

DarkC
Lee has nothing to do with this fight, make a Lee v.s. whoever thread.
Learn to read my post properly.

In the context of what I was discussing, I was basing my example upon physics and anatomy.

Lee's capability to snap necks is just an example, same as if I had used Anna's double arm snap as an example too.
In either case both opponents should be incapacitated and down for the count, but they aren't.

Sado22
about as much as me saying paul would pwn Ken makes me an adherent of the Tekken churchsmile

depends....did he actually DO it in the match or not? technically we don't have the exact details of what moves were used and who fought who in any of the tournaments aside from a few of them...and even then details of the match aren't given. hence you have no dice in your argument.

darko, stop putting words in my mouth and shut your damn trap. you KNOW i never implied something like this...unless you've got your head up your hole.

so wait...shattering a boulder with a punch isn't impressive now? what bull. oh and nice tactic...change the subject when you realize you've got nothing else to say and have been proved wrong.

you're one to talk "jab boy".

i don't argue pointlessly just to save face unlike you nor do i change topics and make run around babbles even when reality slaps me in the face.
like i said...you're arguing about something that's already been exposed and explained before: Namco clearly stated in Pauls T5 profile that he only lost because he wasn't focused. its not a real match up if someone is unable to utilize 100% of his powers. and even then he still fought impressively.

with his throws or his moves?
well...lets see:
-does ken have any bonebreaking throws in ANY of the games? no
-has ken done any bonebreaking in any of the animes? no
-has Capcom ever mentioned that Ken has any broken anyone's bones? no.
-has ken ever been shown shattering walls, boulders, rocks etc? no.
hence, ken hasn't broken bones.

we know Paul has or atleast can because:
-does paul have many moves the involve bonebreaking? yes.
-has he shown feats of strength of breaking walls, bones etc? yes.

i rest my case.

i assume falling from a cliff in real life also breaks bones or kills on the spot but it didn't happen to Hachi, Kaz or even oldass Hachi in T3. your argument is flawed. keep reality out of videogames, darko.

*raises arm*
fell from around two stories from a window on cement floor....not a single bone broken.
thank you wink

Namco doesn't give details about fights. is that so hard to get understand. since Tekken1 no details of the fights are ever given. all we know is who won and who lost. no details are given. your argument has no ground, again.

no he won't...but the details of ANY match in Tekken are NEVER given. we don't know how paul tied with Kazuya, how he beat Ogre, how he put out either of the Kumas or how he beat Steve in T4. we just don't know. all we know is that HE DID BEAT THEM.

so tell me, yoda, how exactly does Ken have more priority?

the bullets...i already said notice when the bullets hits the screen behind julia, when she does hte flip and when the sound of the bullet comes. if you know something about guns you'd understand that she CLEARLY dodged the first bullet.

~Sado

shin_remy
yes Ken crushed a mountain in Snk vs Capcom when he was 14 years old

FortressXRuler
Good statement Sado.

Sandai Kitetsu
Sado, is Darkstorm claiming that Ken has better grapples than Paul?

shin_remy
Originally posted by Sandai Kitetsu
Sado, is Darkstorm claiming that Ken has better grapples than Paul?

no, cause Ken never did, Sado assumes Ken can't do it

Sandai Kitetsu
Ken's Shoryuken can officially break a cyborgs jaw. But, people are claiming he can't break bones.

FortressXRuler
Grapples aren't the instant snap-your-spine-in-two grapples, alot of grapples can be reversed, leading to a deadly counter, so if Paul really wants to take the risk and continue using constant grapples and not focusing on not getting countered, whatever. Also, Ken dosen't need to use grapples if he is a veteran fighter, he can just counter Paul's moves using a Shoryuken, but I'm not saying grapples are bad though, or that a Shoryuken can take Paul down that easily.

Sado22
i dont know what he's saying, really.
first he says paul used his strongest move and then i tell him he didn't and that's been the whole point of my argument. then he says ryu (someone we aren't even talking about) wasn't lifting the boulder with his strongest grapple and then i point out that grappling a rock is kinda werid. then he says i'm insisting that i am saying Paul can shatter boulders with a jab which is FAR from what i've been saying since day one, and when all that wasn't weird he wants me to prove that Paul has bone breaking moves despite his movelist having them...don't know what he's smoking lately.

good point. but its only obvious that Paul can do worse for shattering boulders and walls to bits. regarlless thanx for pointing that out. i forgot that one.
the main point that i was making was that Paul's a better grappler hence pretty dangerous at close quarters.

ditto. its a really really good fight but people are just making Paul look like a spineless rookie.
the thing with grapples is how fast both the user and the victim are. Ken has amazing reflexes but Paul is a veteran. he's been fighting for alot longer and more frequently since he's a street fighter and not just dojo dorky. between the two i'll give Paul experience as well as power. speed is in ken's department.
then there is the part with reversals. there really isn't much you can do when you throw a punch and someone uses your momentum against you. if ken does a kick, Paul has the knee breaker reversals and others to simply a) use his momentum against him to break his bones or b) use his own monstrous power and toss him. physcially Paul is not only heavier but bigger and has shown more strength feats. he's also shown great durability.
once again, its a really great fight. but I put my money on one who lives for a fight and was willing to give up money, fame and girls for what he loved doing (T4 ending).

the bias against Paul is shameful here.

~Sado
P.S. this is what i was talking about emp. sorry if i came on a litte rude in the Sagat-Paul thread.

Sandai Kitetsu
i dont know what he's saying, really.
first he says paul used his strongest move and then i tell him he didn't and that's been the whole point of my argument. then he says ryu (someone we aren't even talking about) wasn't lifting the boulder with his strongest grapple and then i point out that grappling a rock is kinda werid. then he says i'm insisting that i am saying Paul can shatter boulders with a jab which is FAR from what i've been saying since day one, and when all that wasn't weird he wants me to prove that Paul has bone breaking moves despite his movelist having them...don't know what he's smoking lately.

Grappling the boulder laughing

I believe it should be obvious that Paul is a better grappler, since he's a judo-ka that specialisizes in grappling.

As for the boulder, for now he does exceed Ken. But, ken is still very powerful. His weakest Shoryuken can break a cyborgs jaw and is capable of sending a rival several meters into the air. Also, it's an instant K.O. in most cases.

~Sado
P.S. this is what i was talking about emp. sorry if i came on a litte rude in the Sagat-Paul thread.

It's cool.

Superboy Prime
That Shoryuken Ken performed on the cyborg is a killing move.

FortressXRuler
SHORYUKEN!!!

Sandai Kitetsu
That Shoryuken Ken performed on the cyborg is a killing move.

That's because ken had muderous intent, and that movie was full of PIS/CIS.

Superboy Prime
I know. Ken did not have murderous intent until he realized he would not get around that cyborg without killing it.So he decided to do it for his and Chun Li's life. It smells like PIS...but is not too bad. Killing in self defense is not wrong IMO.

Sandai Kitetsu
That cyborg should have been dead from the start. No one in Alpha the movies utilisized there full power.

Superboy Prime
That cyborg should have been dead from the start. No one in Alpha the movies utilisized there full power.

Agreed.

However it made Ken look really good. He knocked Ryu back to his senses when Ryu was doing zombie walk in the forest. He stalemated Ryu at a later time. He WTFPawned Sodom. And he showed a great deal of stamina and durability while he fought the cyborg.

On a sidenote Ken's my fav. street fighter.

Sandai Kitetsu

On a sidenote Ken's my fav. street fighter.

Ken is everyone's favorite.

FortressXRuler
Especially Eliza.

brainchild81
Ken is everyone's favorite. I'm starting to think this may be true. I went to Wizardworld Philly a while ago to get some Street Fighters. Ken cost $25 @ this stand & Ryu only cost $20. Trying to save 5 bucks I asked why did Ken cost more than Ryu when Ryu's the main character. Dude told me Ken & Akuma always seem to sell more than Ryu. I bought the Ken anyways, but I was a lil' pissed. Ken's the man I guess.

Darkstorm Zero
darko, stop putting words in my mouth and shut your damn trap. you KNOW i never implied something like this...unless you've got your head up your hole.

How, the hell else are we supposed to take it?

The Phoenix Smasher is hardly a "Simple Punch" like you described.

Lets see here... : Burning fist has a maximum damage rating of 125 on a Major Counterhit

Phoenix smasher does 75 on a Cleam Major Coumterhit. So in essence, the PS does more than two thirds the damage of his strongest move.

so wait...shattering a boulder with a punch isn't impressive now? what bull. oh and nice tactic...change the subject when you realize you've got nothing else to say and have been proved wrong.

I havn't been proven wrong, and the subject is still the same, try again.

What I did was demonstrate a pattern of bullshit you continuously spew out.

you're one to talk "jab boy".

Read what you said.... Read what I said......

You never mentioned the Phoenix Smasher at all, yoiu said "Simple Punch". A simple punch is a jab you nutter... You left yourself so wide open it was impossible to miss.

I am the one who established that it wasn't a simple punch.

i don't argue pointlessly just to save face unlike you nor do i change topics and make run around babbles even when reality slaps me in the face.
like i said...you're arguing about something that's already been exposed and explained before: Namco clearly stated in Pauls T5 profile that he only lost because he wasn't focused. its not a real match up if someone is unable to utilize 100% of his powers. and even then he still fought impressively.

And I said that it makes no difference, Paul lost to a bear, these are the facts.

You want to make excuses and shit, then flame and insult those that oppose you in a debate, even me, but it doesn't change the facts.

with his throws or his moves?
well...lets see:
-does ken have any bonebreaking throws in ANY of the games? no
-has ken done any bonebreaking in any of the animes? no
-has Capcom ever mentioned that Ken has any broken anyone's bones? no.
-has ken ever been shown shattering walls, boulders, rocks etc? no.
hence, ken hasn't broken bones.

we know Paul has or atleast can because:
-does paul have many moves the involve bonebreaking? yes.
-has he shown feats of strength of breaking walls, bones etc? yes.

i rest my case.

You've countermadedyour own argument again, see below.

i assume falling from a cliff in real life also breaks bones or kills on the spot but it didn't happen to Hachi, Kaz or even oldass Hachi in T3. your argument is flawed. keep reality out of videogames, darko.

Your talking about high end characters, I'm talking about everyone in total, so don't skip bits.

*raises arm*
fell from around two stories from a window on cement floor....not a single bone broken.
thank you wink

My brother fell three feet out of a tree and broke his arm in two places... Argument countered.

Namco doesn't give details about fights. is that so hard to get understand. since Tekken1 no details of the fights are ever given. all we know is who won and who lost. no details are given. your argument has no ground, again.

So, what your saying is, all these bonebreakeing and superstrength arguments have been based on hyperbole and speculation?

Congratulations Sado, you now cannot prove in story what any character has ever done in a fight...

no he won't...but the details of ANY match in Tekken are NEVER given. we don't know how paul tied with Kazuya, how he beat Ogre, how he put out either of the Kumas or how he beat Steve in T4. we just don't know. all we know is that HE DID BEAT THEM.

See above.

so tell me, yoda, how exactly does Ken have more priority?

Because it's been demonstrated in every game he's ever been in. EVERY game without fail.

the bullets...i already said notice when the bullets hits the screen behind julia, when she does hte flip and when the sound of the bullet comes. if you know something about guns you'd understand that she CLEARLY dodged the first bullet.

She was already in the air by the time the gun fired, How can you count that as dodging?

As I said before, it's blind luck, not skill that helped her dodge that bullet.

Sado22
i said SINGLE punch, darko.
and the rest of what you say helps me proove my point. he smashed rocks to bits with not even 1/3 of his power.

you said:
and i said:
which one of us is spewing BS now? i've been mentioning the SINGLE punch since day one. its impressive because Paul isn't using ki or something to pull that punch off. he's using his own power without any ki. hence its impressive....and still a basic karate straight punch "in theory" since he isn't using ki projectiles, electricity and what not.

for the last time...i said SINGLE punch. and read what i said above regarding basic punches.
and for the record, a simple punch would be any of the basic punches including jab, straight, hook, uppercut.

and i am not arguing that fact, at all.

i rarely ever flame someone and if i do its usually in retaliation. if i start a flame, i'll be the first to apologize too. no need to make this personal.

what? i am talking about fighters because that is what we are talking about dark. no one brought in a little kid or some pansy down the road. we are talking about fighters. Paul's movelist involves breaking bones. Ken's dont. Paul has been shown shattering rock and boulders to bits with a SINGLE punch. ken...not really.
counter the above and then come and talk. again, keep reality out of it.

not really....but i don't want to get your bro involved in this.

god....THIS is what i've been saying since day one. i can't proove what happened in fights, darko, because Namco never give details. however, the fact that Paul has better throws and can break bones is a FACT DIRECTLY TAKEN FROM HIS CANON ENDING FEATS AND HIS MOVELIST. stop playing the retard.

in a game where Namco characters have never been there. in a game which has an unrealistic 2D envirnoment. when will you stop smoking whatever it is your smoking and listen to what i'm saying since day one?
you proved nothing so far.

because bullets don't go out instanteously, darko. if she jumped and the moment the bullet hit behind her at that moment, then its obvious that the bullet was fired BEFORE she jumped.

~Sado

DarkC
I also fell three meters and cleanly snapped my upper right arm bones in half. Still have the scars to prove it.

Simply because you've gone through a fall like that unscathed doesn't mean others do unconditionally, Sado. A forty-foot fall does have the potential to break bones and probably will if they land wrong.
I'm going to assume you landed on your feet and absorbed the shock by rolling.

Even so, I know my friend's dad did the exact same thing while trying a rather foolish leap off the bleachers, he still wound up with a busted tibia.

Link me this video and I'll see for myself.

FortressXRuler
Get back on topic, I didn't make a Scarred thread.

DarkC
Get back on topic, I didn't make a Scarred thread.
Scarred thread or not, this is what we're discussing.

They happen to bring physics that should be used and applicable in the fight. I'm simply adding onto that. It isn't really off topic.
Which is something, they had better damn well know what the hell they're talking about.

If you don't like it, I suggest you stop bitching about it because that's probably what we're going to be debating about as well as whatever other topics they've brought up along the way.

If you expect us to take a fight seriously, let us examine all aspects of it, including physics.

FortressXRuler
I'm not bitching, I only said it once. But if you want to talk about the physics in a fight(while physics is only used 4 the entertainment of the gamer, not the character) continue to do so, I wont say anything else.

shin_remy
i said SINGLE

what? i am talking about fighters because that is what we are talking about dark. no one brought in a little kid or some pansy down the road. we are talking about fighters. Paul's movelist involves breaking bones. Ken's dont. Paul has been shown shattering rock and boulders to bits with a SINGLE punch. ken...not really.

~Sado

soooo Sado thinks Paul can beat Ken cause he can shatter a boulder or a rock?? roll eyes (sarcastic)

and has some nice throws that can brake bones ??

are these the reason why Paul should beat Ken ??

HILARIOUS!!!!!! laughing laughing

FortressXRuler
There are alot of characters who can do that. I'll be impressed if Paul fights Devil Jin and wins.

shin_remy
Ken survives punches from Balrog who can kill a elephant, or punches from Gouki. Ken survives attacks that are way stronger then that of Paul

Ken has projectiles and other specials, and his super attacks...

Paul is sooo basic....

FortressXRuler
Sado is going to explode with unimaginable blind fury.

Sado22
laughing
nah man...i don't lose my cool very easily. and shinLemy is a type of guy who becomes a fixed person in your life...everytime you dont know how to break the ice just start to people about a japanese guy who lists things like breaking bones, amazing throws, rock shattering punches for a fighter and then laughs at the idea of him winning agianst one who has NONE of them. he is the sure fire icebreaker.
overtime you'll be laughing at him too....that is if you aren't already.

i believe you. but can we please keep real life people out of this. this is a videogame where people shoot beams out of their foreheads, have the weirdest hairstyles in the world, have pandas and bears as best friends and go to highschool with them. laughing
lets start again:
-kazuya fell into a bottomless ravine as a child and lived
-hachi fell into teh same ravine at the age of 53.
-hachi was caught dead centre in a massive explosion that levelled the top of a hill and a hugeass temple in it that sent shockwaves strong enough to make large helicoptors sway....and he survived it without as much as a scar or a burn.
-on top of all that he was stuck under a grave for more than 2 months right after this and still survived.
-Paul fought and KO'd a bear on three occassions.

now......how many of these do you classify as "NORMAL PEOPLE"? so once again, keep real life phsycis out of a videogame.

no i landed on my back/side. don't ask me how, but i was only stunned for a few mintues. then i just got up and started walking....unsteadily, but walking nonetheless. I've also broken my neck, got hit by a car, burnt my arm, dropped boiling water on my arm, stabbed in the side of my head and other things...and i've a scar for each big grin

but again....we are talking everything BUT normal people.

how about you read over what i have been saying? but then again your engRish obviously prevents you from doing that.
so you're telling me that since Paul can break rocks (and ken hasn't), has more experience (which ken doesn't), has great throws and reversals (which ken doesn't), is capable of breaking bones (which again ken doesn't) and has a vast variety of combination and other attacks (which again ken doesnt)....that ken should beat Paul?
how about you stop wasting thread space with your shitty onelines, remy. if you wanna debate come in and debate. no one has time for your stupid oneliners. tell me why Ken would beat Paul and i'm ready to listen.

oh and for f--k sake, please keep the comics out of this because THEY ARE NOT CANON. wakarou ka? smile

~Sado

shin_remy

how about you read over what i have been saying? but then again your engRish obviously prevents you from doing that.

response normal!! don't attack, if you have attitude problems, fix them please

so you're telling me that since Paul can break rocks (and ken hasn't),

1. Cause ken never brake a rock, doesn't mean he can't.

2. Yeah because of a punch you think he can win from ken right ?

has more experience (which ken doesn't),

why ? cause he is older and fought the Ogre or Jin right? Ogre is a noob to me sorry bout that

has great throws and reversals (which ken doesn't),

f-ck that throw, how bout this --> Ken can shoot Fireballs, has Shoryukens, tatsumaki's, Shinryuuken, Shoryu reppa, Shippu Jinrai Kyaku , LET PAUL TRY TO GRAB KEN

is capable of breaking bones (which again ken doesn't) and has a vast variety of combination and other attacks (which again ken doesnt)....that ken should beat Paul?

- BS Ken is able to brake bones, he can even do worser then that, you know it, don't play Dumb

- variety of combo's ???? don't make me laugh, Ken has more, his Super Arts!!

- Ken will pwn Paul, Paul is overrated, i like him

how about you stop wasting thread space with your shitty onelines, remy. no one has time for your stupid oneliners. tell me why Ken would beat Paul and i'm ready to listen.

how about that you response normal again ?

oh and for f--k sake, please keep the comics out of this because THEY ARE NOT CANON.

~Sado

don't care if they are not canon or not

Sado22
i don't. but don't think that you can flame me and i'll sit there and let you.

correction: broke
maybe he can, maybe he can't. fact of the matter is we haven't seen him do it and so your argument cannot be used. because Paul has fire in his punches....does it mean that he can shoot a projectile? i mean after all, maybe he can right? but i'm not using it since he hasn't shown the ability to do so. same with ken. don't tell me stuff like MAYBE. i don't care. tell me things he CAN do and has been SHOWN to do. not stuff he might do if he prays hard enough.

tell me something....is that the only reason why i said Paul would win?
and i answer: no.
it only shows that Paul is stronger. and at the moment you have rebuttles to offer. so i am right.

Ogre is the god of fight...............and at the very least at least Paul isn't beating up n00bs like Sean, Sakura and Karin. Ken only good fight was with Ryu and Bison (where he was getting help). aside from that Ken has only beaten nobodies and nameless buggers.
and again, i didn't say Paul would beat Ken because he is older.
i said it makes him more experienced. and it is true. tell me, isn't it? he is 48 years old and has been fighting since childhood=more experienced.

remy, posting his movelist isn't proving anything. I could post the whole 60 something moves of Paul and ask you to prove what ken can do against it. stop being such a baby.
have you even played tekken? Paul's speed in grappling is remarkable.
Fireballs, don't matter as i've said many times before. these people can dodge bullets at ease, kinda like your precious ryu.
shoryuken.....can be countered easily. tatsumaki senpukyaku...same thing. easy to counter.
as for the rest, Paul has enough experience to deal with them too.

correction: worse not worser
correction2: break not brake
no i don't know it because Ken has never shown at ANY TIME that he can.

are they 10 hits that take 100% of your life? no they aren't. no dice. how about a punch that takes 100% of your life? he doesn't.

well you should.

~Sado

shin_remy
i don't. but don't think that you can flame me and i'll sit there and let you.

show me where i flamed you

maybe he can, maybe he can't. fact of the matter is we haven't seen him do it and so your argument cannot be used.

yes i have seen him do it, in svc

because Paul has fire in his punches....does it mean that he can shoot a projectile? i mean after all, maybe he can right? but i'm not using it since he hasn't shown the ability to do so. same with ken. don't tell me stuff like MAYBE. i don't care. tell me things he CAN do and has been SHOWN to do. not stuff he might do if he prays hard enough.

youre funny laughing you use this logic often

Ogre is the god of fight...............and at the very least at least Paul isn't beating up n00bs like Sean, Sakura and Karin. Ken only good fight was with Ryu and Bison (where he was getting help). aside from that Ken has only beaten nobodies and nameless buggers.
and again, i didn't say Paul would beat Ken because he is older.
i said it makes him more experienced. and it is true. tell me, isn't it? he is 48 years old and has been fighting since childhood=more experienced.

1. i was not surprised when you would make a comeback with ''OMGOSH Ogre is God of Fight'' never learned here on thos forum that God is just a name, and a REAL GOD WON'T DIE and espacialy from a young mortal --> Jin

2. Ken was as strong Ryu were in Alpha, maybe even stronger, in Sf 2 he beated Ryu. in sf 3 third strike he beated Urien, and Urien is NOT a NOBODY!!!

3. he is older and he is slower then Ken

remy, posting his movelist isn't proving anything. I could post the whole 60 something moves of Paul and ask you to prove what ken can do against it.

My point was very clear, stop talking about his throws, Ken has enough powerfull attacks and counters, and if you think that were his only moves you were wrong, cause even a normal punch has a name. Paul is not the only one with many moves, and ken has more stronger attacks then Paul!!!

Fireballs, don't matter as i've said many times before. these people can dodge bullets at ease, kinda like your precious ryu.

BS i never saw Paul do it. Don't post stuff like HE CAN MAYBE DO IT, Cause paul never done it. Show me where he dodged a bullet.

HAHAHA your logic that you often use!!

shoryuken.....can be countered easily. tatsumaki senpukyaku...same thing. easy to counter.
as for the rest, Paul has enough experience to deal with them too.

in your dreams pal, paul is to basic sorry, and if Ken times correctly or when Paul tries to do his precious Throw or wants to use his strongest punch, Paul is F-cked

Besides : IF you can counter. Paul is slow as hell, he can't catch up

are they 10 hits that take 100% of your life? no they aren't. no dice. how about a punch that takes 100% of your life? he doesn't.

yeah 100% life of in the weak Tekken Universe. Doesn't mean it would happen in the Sf Universe. And 10 punches that finish your life is game restriction

Superboy Prime
All I gotta say that while Paul can reverse all day long Ken can parry all day long as well.

*Jumps out of this thread*

Sandai Kitetsu
2-D fighters only list a characters special or supers moves whilst 3-D fighters list: Normals, Combo's, Specials, Death/super moves. So, saying Paul has more moves is a faulty argument.

Sado22
true somewhat. but even the command attacks of Paul are a lot more. burning fist, elbow smash, hammer ofthe gods, shoudlertackle, shredder, neutron bomb, are all of his "special" moves and already are more than Ken's or Ryu's or anyone from SF. and these are the ones of the top of my head...there is more where they come from. the throws are another story.

read over the thread. all your references to me are all flames.

null point. comics don't count.

like when?

but sure...Ryu can make Bison run away all day...but that's okay.
and for the record Jin is a hybrid so at least he gets some credit for doing what he does.
and for the record, thep oint was that Paul has stiff competition. not school girls and rookies like Ken. Paul is also a national hero and undefeated for 48 years. Ken is none of these.

correction: beated is not a word
Urien and Ken's fight is not confirmed and I've been asking you to prove it since day one. where is the proof, lemy?

he is slower, yes. but he is older and stronger.

three things:
-how does Ken have stronger attacks?
-I've listed at least 10 "special" moves of Paul that aren't basic punches and attacks in my reply to Emperor. these are just off the top of my head.
-emperor ashtar told you to stop using exclamation marks all the time cuz as retarded as you are, you aren't a comic book character....yet

i am not talking about paul. as for the "maybe stuff" you are the one who said Ken MAY break a rock in pure speculation. stop being a hypocrite.

and now we are discussing "what ifs". dude, if Paul times his burning fist right he can KO ken in ONE MOVE. that's not even an exaggeration since Paul and Jinpachi are the only two characters that have a 100% damaging supers if timed right. and guess what...I AM USING A REAL EXAMPLE. unlike you.

your lame hyperbole again. Paul isn't "slow as hell". he is not as fast as Ken but he isn't slow. besides he has enough experience in dealing with fast fighters because of his constant sparring with Marital and Forest Law....kung fu users. Ken isn't faster than those two.

sure...in a game where a guy with 3 moves is the hero. laughing
talking of game restriction.... laughing

~Sado

Sandai Kitetsu
true somewhat. but even the command attacks of Paul are a lot more. burning fist, elbow smash, hammer ofthe gods, shoudlertackle, shredder, neutron bomb, are all of his "special" moves and already are more than Ken's or Ryu's or anyone from SF. and these are the ones of the top of my head...there is more where they come from. the throws are another story.

Okay, but still unless you've counted every move ken has it's up in the air.

-Standing Normals
-Close Normals
-Crouching Normals
-Jump in Normals
-Vertical Jump Normals
-Special Move
-Ex moves
-Super arts

Note: There are six type's of hits for each set of normals and so far I named five sets of normals. 5 X 6= 30 moves so far.

sure...in a game where a guy with 3 moves is the hero. laughing
talking of game restriction.... laughing

Ryu has Six Special moves:

-Hadouken
-Shoryuken
-Tatsumaki Senpu Kyaku
-Senpuu Kyaku
-Joudan Sokutou Geri
-Close strong

shin_remy

and how many super attacks ?

read over the thread. all your references to me are all flames.

BS i only have said :

''you underrate Ken'',

then you responded with,

''you should shut the f-ck up''

and then i said :

you should read the ''How to make Games vs forum a better place '' thread no expression

null point. comics don't count.

aaah to bad we couldn't use noncanon stuff right, cause then it was unfair for Paul stick out tongue

besides nobody said we couldn't use noncanon stuff only you

but sure...Ryu can make Bison run away all day...but that's okay.
and for the record Jin is a hybrid so at least he gets some credit for doing what he does.
and for the record, thep oint was that Paul has stiff competition. not school girls and rookies like Ken. Paul is also a national hero and undefeated for 48 years. Ken is none of these.

1 never said Bison was a god like you were claiming that Ogre was a so called ''God'' who lost from a young mortal roll eyes (sarcastic)

2. Paul is a hero, and Ken is popular and still strong, and has a family and can get all the women, is the richest man in the world

Paul is none of these no expression

Urien and Ken's fight is not confirmed

you are funny sado laughing like you said how Ryu lost from Hugo cause it wasn't confirmed that Ryu won roll eyes (sarcastic)

he is slower, yes. but he is older and stronger.

Ken has no weak punches since his punches can break a cyborgs jaw. His hands are burning, it says enough

three things:
-how does Ken have stronger attacks?

Super attacks for example, cause paul can hit hard doesn't mean he can Ko everybody in the sf universe,

BALROG KILLS AN ELEPHANT WITH A PUNCH, yet Ken can easily take him out

i am not talking about paul. as for the "maybe stuff" you are the one who said Ken MAY break a rock in pure speculation. stop being a hypocrite.

no i was asking,

WHEN DID Paul DODGE A BULLET, since you said everybody in Tekken could do that, even the lowtiers!!!

and now we are discussing "what ifs". dude, if Paul times his burning fist right he can KO ken in ONE MOVE. that's not even an exaggeration since Paul and Jinpachi are the only two characters that have a 100% damaging supers if timed right. and guess what...I AM USING A REAL EXAMPLE. unlike you.

still doesn't mean it would work on Ken or any other Street Fighter

your lame hyperbole again. Paul isn't "slow as hell". he is not as fast as Ken but he isn't slow. besides he has enough experience in dealing with fast fighters because of his constant sparring with Marital and Forest Law....kung fu users. Ken isn't faster than those two.

Martial and Forest Law???? why using this in the debate ?? i also don't say that Guy is faster then anybody else ?

Ken wins cause Ken faster, has super attacks he can use when Paul F-cks up, and the strongest punch of paul is also very slow!!!!

DarkC
If it's got Capcom's approval to publish, it's a certified source.

Darkstorm Zero
i said SINGLE punch, darko.
and the rest of what you say helps me proove my point. he smashed rocks to bits with not even 1/3 of his power.

2/3rds actually... Read what I said.

which one of us is spewing BS now? i've been mentioning the SINGLE punch since day one. its impressive because Paul isn't using ki or something to pull that punch off. he's using his own power without any ki. hence its impressive....and still a basic karate straight punch "in theory" since he isn't using ki projectiles, electricity and what not.

Actually it is, have a look at it'simpack, See that bright yellow flash? the same flash that appearsover the burning fist?

Thats right, a circular flame sprite thats UNIQUE to Paul. The only reason it doesn't appearbefore the impact like the Burning Fist, is because that symbolises an Unblockable.

for the last time...i said SINGLE punch. and read what i said above regarding basic punches.
and for the record, a simple punch would be any of the basic punches including jab, straight, hook, uppercut.

So the Burning fist is also a simple punch to you then?

i rarely ever flame someone and if i do its usually in retaliation. if i start a flame, i'll be the first to apologize too. no need to make this personal.

You have flamed Me a few times, you've never really stopped flaming Remy...

Ok then, hows about this, ken has been known to take on people who can perform great destructive feats...

Thats A>B>C logic though, and I hate it...

And as for realism of Pauls moves, see below.

god....THIS is what i've been saying since day one. i can't proove what happened in fights, darko, because Namco never give details. however, the fact that Paul has better throws and can break bones is a FACT DIRECTLY TAKEN FROM HIS CANON ENDING FEATS AND HIS MOVELIST. stop playing the retard.

The only thing he's done in his endings is:
A- Wreck his bike
B- Get Arrested
C-use a Phoenix Smasher to break rock, and a brick wall with an alien pic on it.

Nothing in his endings or cutscenes indicate bonebreaking.

in a game where Namco characters have never been there. in a game which has an unrealistic 2D envirnoment. when will you stop smoking whatever it is your smoking and listen to what i'm saying since day one?
you proved nothing so far.

But I just did, your claiming that Namco characters get special treatment where other companies don't now?

Your making less and less sense Sado.

because bullets don't go out instanteously, darko. if she jumped and the moment the bullet hit behind her at that moment, then its obvious that the bullet was fired BEFORE she jumped.

That requires either Precognition, or reflexesthat work by the nonsecond, Both of which require further confirmation to provewhat that ability is.

Otherwise it's a oneoff and is not an indicator of ability.

Anyways, why in the hell is Julia being brought up?

DarkC
You've done it in this thread, haven't you?

That's like saying that there's only a small leak when actually you flooded a basement, Sado. Nothing like denial.

I may be arrogant, insulting and condescending but at least I acknowledge it instead of attempting to put on the "Mr. Upright Civil Member" suit and trying to deny it all.

An in-world and between-world comparison, I suppose.

Will someone link me this video so I can see the so called bullet dodge for myself?

FortressXRuler
You are.

Sandai Kitetsu
It's like everyone versus Sado.

FortressXRuler
I'm not going against Sado, It's that ***** Prick DarkC and shin_remy, who I have nothing against.

Sandai Kitetsu
Shin Remy?

FortressXRuler
Go to pages 4-7 I think, they were going back and forth really well.

Sandai Kitetsu
No, I mean what do you have against Remy. It seems eveyone is always flaming that guy for no reason.

DarkC
I'm not going against Sado, It's that ***** Prick DarkC and shin_remy, who I have nothing against.
So I'm apparently a "***** Prick" for what?

That's a pretty hasty generalization, don't you think?

There's really two majorly against Sado's opinion from what I've seen and those are Darkstorm and shin_remy.

I've disagreed with a few of his statements. That's not even coming close to an extensive debate, let alone flaming.

FortressXRuler
Saying I was bitching when you were talking about physics.

DarkC
Saying I was bitching when you were talking about physics.
I say it like it is, Fortress.

From you I've seen contribution that is somewhat lackluster and you mainly nagging people, such as me, to get back on topic.
Or that I'm off topic. Whatever. (Which I wasn't really, by the way.)

I can readily recall, just by quickly skimming this thread, two incidents, where you've done that.

It's a matter of opinion anyways. You think I'm a "***** Prick" for saying that you whine/***** about off-topic? That tells me a few things:

1.) You're taking offense readily to something that should be easily overlooked.
2.) You're being a bit of a hypocrite right now.
3.) You're acting astonishingly immature.

Let's remember, I'm not the one hurling derogatory titles and flaming insults here. Capiche?

FortressXRuler
1) That whole physics thing could've turned into somthing else if it continued for too long. And you know that
2)I'm not a hypocrite.
3)I'm not immature, If i was, I would've been cursing much more.

And lets remember, the science of how a body flails into the air in a hilarious way does not truly contribute to a fight. Capice?

DarkC
1) That whole physics thing could've turned into somthing else if it continued for too long. And you know that
No, the 'whole physics thing' would have pretty much stayed a 'whole physics thing', just more wordy and convoluted.

I've been there before. Don't believe me? Ask Darkstorm.

I never said you were a hypocrite.

I said you were being "a bit of a hypocrite right now". Get it right.

It's not a matter of diction so much as it is on how you choose to react to something and the decisions you make, Fortress.

That doesn't change anything. Colorful cursing or not, you still decided to take what I said in a very immature way.

It does, Fortress. Considerably.

Laws of physics is what decides a fight. Gravity being one of them. If, say, Paul fell headfirst after one of Ken's flaming triple shoruyken, something as seemingly insignificant as the angle which his neck is at can be the difference between a headache and a broken neck.

FortressXRuler
Alright, sorry, I was in a bad mood, My PS3 is broken

BlaxicanHydra
Originally posted by DarkC
I also fell three meters and cleanly snapped my upper right arm bones in half. Still have the scars to prove it.

I literally cringed and am still twitching when I read this.

BlaxicanHydra
Alright, sorry, I was in a bad mood, My PS3 is broken

I'd be mad if a lame machine that wasn't worth 600 dollars quit working too sad

FortressXRuler
But there is a way to fix it. I just remember.

Darkstorm Zero
Let me get one thing out in the open right here.

One: Even though I had that one disagreement with DarkC about the whole Halo Books thing (And I still disagree with), I respect DarkC and his oppinions like I respect everyone elses.

Two: I do respect Sado and his oppinions. But, that does not mean I cannot disagree with him.

Three: Even though I respect Sado, there are some things he says here that I do not respect or agree with, and I have said as much to him, and he knows it.

Four: Ihave also had my fair shair of run in's and disagreements with Emperor Asthar/Sandai Kitetsu, and I respect him and his oppinions too.

Five: I do not go against people for the sake of going against people, I do it because I beleive they are wrong at times, now, nobody is perfect, and I have been proven wrong on more occasions thanI'd care to admit right now, but I also have turned a few oppinions myself, Shin Remy for example, was much more hyped when he first came here, and after a while,I did get him to losen up and wise up about Capcom's characters in general.

Sado22
no it isn't. just because they have the license to publish it doesn't mean what they produced is canon. there is a HUGE difference between licensed and officail. SF Saturday morning cartoons and the SF movie were also licensed and have Capcom's approval....and they are FAR from canon. same with the anime. and same with the comics. unless the company says otherwise, anime and comics are NONCANON.

yes, and i did it in response to him.

no denial bud. I admit i flamed him but only after he flamed me.

you mean the flash that was missing in both the endings? in-game "gimmics" is all i can say.

why is everyone so keeb about Remy's pecker? he flamed me in this thread by making fun of my logic, then he did the same in other threads. how come people don't notice that?
as for flaming you, there were two cases that i can remember and BOTH times it was more of a misunderstanding because my sentence was vague.

sure since you see every martial artist fall in a horse stance and see flames leaping out and spiralling around his hands when he does it. sure.

aside from Ryu, who? Sakura? Sean? Karin? the unknown, nameless people in US championships?

there was one in Tekken1 when he breaks a wall with Kazuya's pic on it too.
but anyway, when someone smashes walls and boulders to bits with his punches and is shown shattering trees with his kicks its automatically assumed that he can break bones with them too.
but that is NOT my point.
the point is this: he has bonebreaking throws and reversals in his movelist. hence he can break bones through them.
its not too hard to understand Darko.
can you prove to me that Ken even has a throw?

when the hell did i saw that darko?
stop putting words in my mouth.
just tell me this:
how does ken have more priority than Paul's moves? what is your proof? what proof do you have the if Paul and Ken do shoryuken and phoenix smasher at the same time who will get him?

youtube>>>julia t4 ending

yes that is true. but you're being too realistic. like i said...its a videogame where people fall off ravines and climb back without much ado. come on!

same with ken's specials.

he didn't...which is what i've been saying.

never said that. and just because ken is fast doesn't mean he'll beat everyone either.

same with paul...only he's shown how powerful his punches are when he shatters boulders and walls with blows.
oh and it reminds me:
Kazuya and Hachi were shattering 8foot cyborgs with their blows while Ken summed up all that ki and could only shatter that cyborg's jaw. laughing

it wasn't prooved and emp and i had an extensive discussion on it. we both agreed that at the end of the day, BOTH ways of looking at it can be equally true.

Ogre's name in the japanese version is To-shin and he was worshipped as the god of fight. and he lost to a hybrid human being. stop downplaying Jin. he is half demon.

Paul is a hero, is popular, is stronger despite being older, doesn't have a family but was shown in T4 to get any woman he wanted and could be rich but he always chose fighting over money like Ryu.
Paul is a lot more than Ken.

by all means do...it just wont mattersmile

read over the thread, the first page. you went around making fun of my logic. and you did things like that in other pages too....and i ignored it for a while.

one...that takes more damage than ALL of ken's attacks.

~Sado

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>